Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Bucks Beating: Who did you say should start???

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:13 am

I took a look at the game highlights(?) and the box score, and I'll tell ya, it's BRUTAL!

The prime time players? Only Drummond, who was the star, and is Sooooo athletic for a man that size, and Magette(yes, that tooth dragger). Honerable mention goes to JJ and Middleton, simply because they both exceded my expectation, especially Middleton(11pts, 2 steals, 3 assists and 5 boards).

However, the dudes that got the minutes, and thought to be possible starters sucked hard(Knight, Monroe, Stuckey)!

Lastly, can we call the CV experiment a wrap? This dude is horrible. No defense, no offense, nothing in 16 minutes(4pts, 4boards for a vet against his old team?). Daye only got 8 minutes, so it's hard to be critical, but with 2pts, Joe needs to do him a favor, and trade him for anything he can get.

The Bucks looked good at home, and in reality, they should be rated ahead of us on experience alone, but we'll see, it's early.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Streamline

Post  Grizz2 Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:10 am

Oracle wrote:I took a look at the game highlights(?) and the box score, and I'll tell ya, it's BRUTAL!

The prime time players? Only Drummond, who was the star, and is Sooooo athletic for a man that size, and Magette(yes, that tooth dragger). Honerable mention goes to JJ and Middleton, simply because they both exceded my expectation, especially Middleton(11pts, 2 steals, 3 assists and 5 boards).

However, the dudes that got the minutes, and thought to be possible starters sucked hard(Knight, Monroe, Stuckey)!

Lastly, can we call the CV experiment a wrap? This dude is horrible. No defense, no offense, nothing in 16 minutes(4pts, 4boards for a vet against his old team?). Daye only got 8 minutes, so it's hard to be critical, but with 2pts, Joe needs to do him a favor, and trade him for anything he can get.

The Bucks looked good at home, and in reality, they should be rated ahead of us on experience alone, but we'll see, it's early.

Oracle, .. This is not addressed to you as a rebuttal .. just responding to a need to jump on the soapbox .. The Pistons need to do some honest appraisal and streamlining .. Like it or not some guys just dont deserve another minute of Piston court time whether we trade them or cut them or bench them .. CV and Daye for to begin with ... We need to get continuity and focus on the best younger guys we have to develop ... Everything else goes into the fire ..The starting line up I just posted still looks reasonable and the Buck game didnt change that .. ... Stuckey looks weak but ... who else at SG do we have? Corey's 14 points came with a minus 20 for what it is worth ... If I am the GM, Because he is a greybeard I bench him for the most part ... The future is what we should be building for .. It is always possible to change a player if he is failing in his role but we need to move more quickly on defining the roles and minutes and sticking to it ... Experimental basketball is for the D-League, not the NBA .. I dont mind losing .. but I do mind constant line up changes and up and down minute allocations that leave everyone confused and out of sync.... So far, Frank is being a bit of a coward for not being willing to make the keen hard decisions that come with the job .. Drummond will not be destroyed if he starts.. No more than Knight was .. These players need to jump into the fire because they have talent ... and want to improve .. We certainly dont have anyone better .. Monroe didnt start at first and it turned out to be a waste of time .. He was ready and we need to show young players that we have confidence in them ... It seems as if Frank is using the league games as a kind of penalty reward tit for tat .. Frank should know who the best players are already .. Decide your starters and bench roles set .. and then use that as the core system for the season .. Tweak if you have to .. but the more you have to .. (baring injuries) the more it means something is amiss in the head coach or the roster put together by the GM .... People need to get comfortable with their roles so they can concentrate on improving with input from their teammates and the head coach .. a 24/7 try out system is not a good way to run an NBA team .. So I dont believe in this you earn your minutes stuff for a developing team .... That is an excuse to not have to make the real decisions that are going to get some players mad or disappointed ... too bad .. Team comes first .. and wth a team trying to develop a young core, youth comes before experience .. Any experienced players that are here because they are not good enough for elsewhere .. They are for emergency use only IMO ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Streamline

Post  deusXango Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 am

Grizz2 wrote:Oracle, .. This is not addressed to you as a rebuttal .. just responding to a need to jump on the soapbox .. The Pistons need to do some honest appraisal and streamlining .. Like it or not some guys just dont deserve another minute of Piston court time whether we trade them or cut them or bench them .. CV and Daye for to begin with ... We need to get continuity and focus on the best younger guys we have to develop ... Everything else goes into the fire ..The starting line up I just posted still looks reasonable and the Buck game didnt change that .. ... Stuckey looks weak but ... who else at SG do we have? Corey's 14 points came with a minus 20 for what it is worth ... If I am the GM, Because he is a greybeard I bench him for the most part ... The future is what we should be building for .. It is always possible to change a player if he is failing in his role but we need to move more quickly on defining the roles and minutes and sticking to it ... Experimental basketball is for the D-League, not the NBA .. I dont mind losing .. but I do mind constant line up changes and up and down minute allocations that leave everyone confused and out of sync.... So far, Frank is being a bit of a coward for not being willing to make the keen hard decisions that come with the job .. Drummond will not be destroyed if he starts.. No more than Knight was .. These players need to jump into the fire because they have talent ... and want to improve .. We certainly dont have anyone better .. Monroe didnt start at first and it turned out to be a waste of time .. He was ready and we need to show young players that we have confidence in them ... It seems as if Frank is using the league games as a kind of penalty reward tit for tat .. Frank should know who the best players are already .. Decide your starters and bench roles set .. and then use that as the core system for the season .. Tweak if you have to .. but the more you have to .. (baring injuries) the more it means something is amiss in the head coach or the roster put together by the GM .... People need to get comfortable with their roles so they can concentrate on improving with input from their teammates and the head coach .. a 24/7 try out system is not a good way to run an NBA team .. So I dont believe in this you earn your minutes stuff for a developing team .... That is an excuse to not have to make the real decisions that are going to get some players mad or disappointed ... too bad .. Team comes first .. and wth a team trying to develop a young core, youth comes before experience .. Any experienced players that are here because they are not good enough for elsewhere .. They are for emergency use only IMO ..

Grizz, you go boy!!! This team still remains so far out of balance, it's a shame. Lil' Larry has placed a gun to his own head with that "players earn their minutes. There are no incumbents on this team. If one of the younger players steps up and earns a starting spot...." The world of Piston basketball fans have witnessed Drummond just take Maxiell's spot in the starting lineup. Anyone who feels Maxy is better paired with Monroe than Andre, step up and put your name on it!

It was only one game, but if Middleton is given more minutes in the pre-season (and he's earned them), and continues to perform like he did last night, I'd take a long look at him at SG. The man is 6' 7", with an outside shot, displays sound basketball judgement, rebounds, and finishes at the rim with a silky smoothness that no other SG on the team does. Oh, and he plays defense. We're in an experimental mode with almost half the teams players anyway, why not him? Stuckey was drafted by Dumars with replacing Billips in mind (and he did), not Rip Hamilton. Joe pushed Chauncey out, now he's allowing Stuckey to inherit Hamilton's spot without challenge; Lil' Larry said, "there are no incumbents." Just like starting won't destroy Drummond, it won't destroy Middleton either (if he earns it, give it to him)! Here's a thought people, Khris Middleton just may settle the backcourt play down, and Brandon Knight may flourish playing along side him. My eyes tell me that Knight and Stuckey are not a comfortable fit.

I've already lobbied for my amended starting lineup, so here's my completed rotation: Stuckey and English backup PG and SG. Jerebko and Kravstov are the only bigs I'd play, unless there was an emergency (injury, run away game, or a badly called/played game where fouls mounted up). It's easier to pick the 3 to dress and the 2 to sit in suits than to tell the youn'uns who've worked their asses off based on the coach's promises, that they can't play. I didn't mean easy, I meant profitable.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Middleton

Post  Grizz2 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:18 am

deusXango wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:Oracle, .. This is not addressed to you as a rebuttal .. just responding to a need to jump on the soapbox .. The Pistons need to do some honest appraisal and streamlining .. Like it or not some guys just dont deserve another minute of Piston court time whether we trade them or cut them or bench them .. CV and Daye for to begin with ... We need to get continuity and focus on the best younger guys we have to develop ... Everything else goes into the fire ..The starting line up I just posted still looks reasonable and the Buck game didnt change that .. ... Stuckey looks weak but ... who else at SG do we have? Corey's 14 points came with a minus 20 for what it is worth ... If I am the GM, Because he is a greybeard I bench him for the most part ... The future is what we should be building for .. It is always possible to change a player if he is failing in his role but we need to move more quickly on defining the roles and minutes and sticking to it ... Experimental basketball is for the D-League, not the NBA .. I dont mind losing .. but I do mind constant line up changes and up and down minute allocations that leave everyone confused and out of sync.... So far, Frank is being a bit of a coward for not being willing to make the keen hard decisions that come with the job .. Drummond will not be destroyed if he starts.. No more than Knight was .. These players need to jump into the fire because they have talent ... and want to improve .. We certainly dont have anyone better .. Monroe didnt start at first and it turned out to be a waste of time .. He was ready and we need to show young players that we have confidence in them ... It seems as if Frank is using the league games as a kind of penalty reward tit for tat .. Frank should know who the best players are already .. Decide your starters and bench roles set .. and then use that as the core system for the season .. Tweak if you have to .. but the more you have to .. (baring injuries) the more it means something is amiss in the head coach or the roster put together by the GM .... People need to get comfortable with their roles so they can concentrate on improving with input from their teammates and the head coach .. a 24/7 try out system is not a good way to run an NBA team .. So I dont believe in this you earn your minutes stuff for a developing team .... That is an excuse to not have to make the real decisions that are going to get some players mad or disappointed ... too bad .. Team comes first .. and wth a team trying to develop a young core, youth comes before experience .. Any experienced players that are here because they are not good enough for elsewhere .. They are for emergency use only IMO ..

Grizz, you go boy!!! This team still remains so far out of balance, it's a shame. Lil' Larry has placed a gun to his own head with that "players earn their minutes. There are no incumbents on this team. If one of the younger players steps up and earns a starting spot...." The world of Piston basketball fans have witnessed Drummond just take Maxiell's spot in the starting lineup. Anyone who feels Maxy is better paired with Monroe than Andre, step up and put your name on it!

It was only one game, but if Middleton is given more minutes in the pre-season (and he's earned them), and continues to perform like he did last night, I'd take a long look at him at SG. The man is 6' 7", with an outside shot, displays sound basketball judgement, rebounds, and finishes at the rim with a silky smoothness that no other SG on the team does. Oh, and he plays defense. We're in an experimental mode with almost half the teams players anyway, why not him? Stuckey was drafted by Dumars with replacing Billips in mind (and he did), not Rip Hamilton. Joe pushed Chauncey out, now he's allowing Stuckey to inherit Hamilton's spot without challenge; Lil' Larry said, "there are no incumbents." Just like starting won't destroy Drummond, it won't destroy Middleton either (if he earns it, give it to him)! Here's a thought people, Khris Middleton just may settle the backcourt play down, and Brandon Knight may flourish playing along side him. My eyes tell me that Knight and Stuckey are not a comfortable fit.

I've already lobbied for my amended starting lineup, so here's my completed rotation: Stuckey and English backup PG and SG. Jerebko and Kravstov are the only bigs I'd play, unless there was an emergency (injury, run away game, or a badly called/played game where fouls mounted up). It's easier to pick the 3 to dress and the 2 to sit in suits than to tell the youn'uns who've worked their asses off based on the coach's promises, that they can't play. I didn't mean easy, I meant profitable.

DX、, thanks .. I have Middleton as the number 3 SF right now but he could work at SG too .. Good call ...THe youth .. as many have noted .. need to play now and regularly .. Old guys ... hit the bench and give advice to the youth .. It is too bad that Stuckey's career has been extremely damaged by the PG experiment .. in 3 ways .. he never played with a good PG after Billups until Knight came (through developing more than I want to say good) and he had to play a position he didnt have the mindset or experience for .. I still remember how great Stuckey looked as a young SG his 1st season .. Now he everyone is kind of down on him .. Having 2 real lousy coaches is the 3rd negative factor for Stuck ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Stuff

Post  Murph Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 am

I'm not down on Stuckey at all. He's coming off his best year in the NBA, last year. He's finally moved to his natural position of SG, and he finally has some good young players around him, so he doesn't have to shoulder the leadership role, or the scoring load by himself. Stuckey starting at SG is the least of our worries.

Drummond continues to impress. He's playing so much better right now than he ever played at UConn. UConn had a difficult year last year. Calhoun had health problems and missed much of the season. In addition, Calhoun and UConn were dealing with recruiting violations, which must have been distracting to the coaching staff. Now that Drummond is in a more stabile environment with more attentive coaching, his natural physical talents are beginning to show themselves. Drummond should have gone #2 in the draft, right after Anthony Davis. 7 other NBA general managers made a horrendous mistake by not taking Drummond sooner in the draft. Joe Dumars got the steal of the draft (for the 3rd year in a row).

After watching some of these rookies and young players perform, and reading the box scores from the last 3 pre-season games, I have not been impressed by most of them. I realize that they're in a difficult situation, because they're getting inconsistent playing time, but IMO, Singler, Middleton, and T-Will have not played well. The jury is still out on English and Flynn. And Kravstov has looked somewhat promising, IMO, but he makes way too many mistakes.

What up with Charlie Villanuava and Austin Daye??? Those guys can't buy a bucket. You can't play the stretch 4, if you can't shoot.

Last edited by Murph on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty LET'S BE FAIR, AND GIVE THE KID A CHANCE

Post  deusXango Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:18 am

Murph wrote:
After watching some of these rookies and young players perform, and reading the box scores from the last 3 pre-season games, I have not been impressed by most of them. I realize that they're in a difficult situation, because they're getting inconsistent playing time, but IMO, Singler, Middleton, and T-Will have not played well.

Murph, other than last night, when did Middleton play? If in fact it was his first pro game (albeit a pre-season game) I thought he played extremely well, all things considered. We're in the 3rd, 4th, and in some cases 5th year of chance giving to some players, why can't this rookie get the benefit of a complete pre-season?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Small Forwards...

Post  Murph Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:34 am

Yes...it's probably way too soon to judge some of these rooks. I watched Singler play Friday night. He did not look good. He hogged the ball, jacked up some ill-advised shots, and committed too many PFs.

I'll keep an open mind on Middleton.

But at this point, neither seems to be playing well enough to seriously challenge Prince, Magette or Jerebko for regular season minutes at SF...at least until Maggette can be traded.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty DX & Grizz

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm 100% with you guys on the Larry Frank Traveling Bullshit Roadshow!

This earning minutes is the right response for a more veteran team where youngsters and FA come in and compete for spots. It's never even fair then, but that's the line all teams feed you, and once in awhile, somebody actually does win a spot.

In our case, that's the dumbest thing a coach should utter, but he's doing it to provide some face saving for the vets(more reason to get rid of them).

We need to make the hard decisions and start the kids, and let the vets come off the bench well before midseason, and I hope that's the plan!

Let the vets save face by starting out the season with them leading, but quickly transition to the youngsters.

My fear is that Frank will get used to the vest and never get to the kids, even though I have no fear that Knight, Monroe & Drummond will get ample PT! It's the others that could be hurt by a short sighted use of the vets.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty The Larry Frank Traveling Bullshit Roadshow!

Post  deusXango Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Oracle wrote:
My fear is that Frank will get used to the vest and never get to the kids, even though I have no fear that Knight, Monroe & Drummond will get ample PT! It's the others that could be hurt by a short sighted use of the vets.

Oracle, that is truly a priceless gem!! Thanks man for putting into words what I've been trying to express about the effects of Lil' Larry's dubious integrity on the teams youngsters and future. I was hoping that Tom Gores brought him in so that he wouldn't be bound by Dumars bullsh!t decisions.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Sanchez = last years Fister... didn't see this coming.
LOL @ Yanks crying about a call while putting up a goose egg.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Give this young team a chance.....Hey!..How about those TIGERS!!

Post  Rett Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:48 pm

coming home to Motown!!!!!!!!!
oh, yeah....and the Yanks will be here too....lolol.

[b]GO TIGERS....GO PISTONS!!! hehe

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty OKC should be our model

Post  Grizz2 Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:10 am

Oracle wrote:I'm 100% with you guys on the Larry Frank Traveling Bullshit Roadshow!

This earning minutes is the right response for a more veteran team where youngsters and FA come in and compete for spots. It's never even fair then, but that's the line all teams feed you, and once in awhile, somebody actually does win a spot.

In our case, that's the dumbest thing a coach should utter, but he's doing it to provide some face saving for the vets(more reason to get rid of them).

We need to make the hard decisions and start the kids, and let the vets come off the bench well before midseason, and I hope that's the plan!

Let the vets save face by starting out the season with them leading, but quickly transition to the youngsters.

Oracle .. actually your excellent point about how OKC developed their team .. letting the youth talent development being priority one while developing together ... that is what got me started thinking on what needs to happen next ... Letting Jmax and Prince hold down PF and SF as starters for the next 2 years would be big mistakes ... Dont care if they are better at this point (actually I doubt if they are) or if they have earned their minutes through years of service ... CV and Daye need more time to prove they are not worth a damn cuz their feet are too damn slow in terms of NBA speed? Hell no ... Not one minute more ...BENCH THEM FOR THE REST OF THEIR UGLY CAREERS. Joe does have a tendency to keep trying to justify past stupidity rather than MOVING ON to what will work ASAP .. The question is .. Are Joe and Larry going to do what is best for the team or what is best to keep the veterans happy? There is a good chance they will .. Larry talked about making final decisions on the roster and roles from here on out after the Bucks game ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty HERE'S A SF OPTION

Post  deusXango Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:20 am

I got so caught up in campaigning for the Josh Smith trade that I totally forgot a couple of my other options for our future SF (all are better than Prince). Here are some possibilities that aren't as expensive as Smith, young and talented, and can probably be had for who we should be trading.

#1. Derrick Williams, currently wasteing away in Minnesota, and despite his reported shortcomings, would add a dynamic to our frontcourt that's not there now. A recent top pick from a respected national colligate program. Can be had on the "cheap" and re-signed to a reasonable contract.

#2. Wilson Chandler, a multi-skilled SF who defends 3 positions very well, and possesses a high basketball I.Q. He's on the fringe of Denvers rotation, due to a hip injury he's recovering from, and already signed to a reasonable contract (will stop Joe from acting a fool, and over-paying). He's homegrown, and returning home during the peak of his powers.

A trade for either of those guys upgrade our SF position, gives us roster space to keep T-Will, and finally moves us on from the 2004 days. We'd have players that we could support while they took their lumps, and grew into contenders; all the current contenders won't be in place in the next 2-3 years.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Ok DX & Grizz, the test is here!

Post  Oracle Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 am

Goodwill has basically called Frank out, and this will ripple up and down the frontline of the Pistons, and force Joe to do something sooner rather than later!

In his article he recognizes that Drummond is progressing a lot faster than anyone thought on both defense and offense! The truth is that at this moment in time, we don't have a player on this team that's playing better than Drummond... PERIOD!!!

In fact Goodwill goes as far as saying that if this keeps up, how will it be possible to NOT start Drummond(remember what you said Larry)?

Well, that creates a lot of problems for the little general. If Drummond starts, that re-classifies Monroe as a PF!

The problem is that we already have a shit load of PF's, and adding another one means a lot of folks that won't get minutes at the 4, which means that they either have to play SF, or pose as centers, but we already have people in those positions.

Drummonds accelerated development means that we are going to have to move some of this dead weight, or the whole team is going to suffer.

If these dudes squash Drummond, and play undeserving vets, they risk a fan revolt, and I'll be the first one passing out the pitch forks and torches as we storm the palace!

Oh, here's the article - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Best PF and C

Post  Grizz2 Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 am

Oracle wrote:Goodwill has basically called Frank out, and this will ripple up and down the frontline of the Pistons, and force Joe to do something sooner rather than later!

In his article he recognizes that Drummond is progressing a lot faster than anyone thought on both defense and offense! The truth is that at this moment in time, we don't have a player on this team that's playing better than Drummond... PERIOD!!!

In fact Goodwill goes as far as saying that if this keeps up, how will it be possible to NOT start Drummond(remember what you said Larry)?

Well, that creates a lot of problems for the little general. If Drummond starts, that re-classifies Monroe as a PF!

The problem is that we already have a shit load of PF's, and adding another one means a lot of folks that won't get minutes at the 4, which means that they either have to play SF, or pose as centers, but we already have people in those positions.

Drummonds accelerated development means that we are going to have to move some of this dead weight, or the whole team is going to suffer.

If these dudes squash Drummond, and play undeserving vets, they risk a fan revolt, and I'll be the first one passing out the pitch forks and torches as we storm the palace!

Oracle ... thanks for this .. IF .. Frank does NOT get that Monroe is a natural PF and should start along side by side with Drummon who should be our starting center .. hell yes revolt!!! Pitchforks and Torches already ordered !! hehe
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Goodwill!

Post  Grizz2 Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 am

Oracle wrote:Goodwill has basically called Frank out, and this will ripple up and down the frontline of the Pistons, and force Joe to do something sooner rather than later!

Oracle .. I had already gotten mad at Goodwill a few days ago writing about how the FANS were to be blamed for being so spoiled and over reacting to Dumars's FEW bad moves .. Responded strongly a post but didnt bring it up here .. but in this article .. Goodwill sounds like one of us! Cool .. rockon
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Numbers Game...

Post  Murph Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 am

So through 3 pre-season games, it doesn't seem as if there are going to be too many surprises as far as the fianl roster goes. The only open position is reserve SG. Those vying for contention for that spot are Enghlish, Middleton and T-Will, with English leading the pack.

With that in mind, the 12 man active roster, and 15 man roster are beginning to take shape. Right now, it's developing like this:

PG: Knight, Bynum
SG: Stuckey, English
SF: Prince, Maggette,
PF: Maxiell, Jerebko, Villanuava, Daye
C: Monroe, Drummond

Reserves: Kravstov, Middleton, Singler

Soon to be cut: Flynn, T.Williams

Now, assuming no pre-season trades, if it were up to me, I'd strongly advise eating Austin Daye's contract and cutting him, then adding Kravstov to the active 12 man roster, and keeping Flynn as a reserve. The reasons for this are that Kravstov has way more potential than Daye, we need another true center on the active 12 man roster, and we need another PG in case of injury.

Amnestying Villanuava would also work.

Also, like Goodwill, Oracle and Grizz have pointed out, I'd be in favor of starting both Monroe and Drummond in the same front court.

However, knowing Joe Dumars, all that's probably not going to happen. Joe will probably keep both Daye and CV active...and go with the above roster, and rotation.

Last edited by Murph on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Goodwill!

Post  Murph Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:20 am

Grizz2 wrote:Oracle ... thanks for this .. IF .. Frank does NOT get that Monroe is a natural PF and should start along side by side with Drummon who should be our starting center .. hell yes revolt!!! Pitchforks and Torches already ordered !! hehe

Sign me up for that angry mob!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty The Biff Burns interview with Charlie V’s boxing trainer, Cauliflower McPugg

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Since Charlie V is shooting a woeful 4 for 21 19% in his first two practice games, it has me thinking that the boxing training (See Twitter) he went through this past summer was not helpful. It’s like he’s shooting still wearing the boxing gloves. So I interviewed Charlie’s boxing trainer Cauliflower McPugg.

Biff Burns: How did Charlie V’s boxing training go?
Cauliflower McPugg: He has everything a boxer needs except speed, stamina, a punch, and the ability to take punishment. In other words, he owns a pair of shorts.

Biff Burns: How does he compare to Muhammad Ali ?
Cauliflower McPugg: Ali floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee, as opposed to Charlie V who stings like a butterfly and floats like an anchor.

Biff Burns: Aren’t his sparring partners beating the crap out of him?
Cauliflower McPugg: Charlie V is now so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life. His face looks like the raw meat in a butcher shop and not the government Grade A stuff. His ugly mug resembles ground round. I have trouble recognizing him unless he is lying on his back in the ring.

Biff Burns: Has he said anything after being pummeled?
Cauliflower McPugg: He just keeps muttering the same thing over and over, “Sixteen trillion dollars, the Pistons owe me sixteen trillion dollars.”

Biff Burns: So you didn’t mold him into a real boxer.
Cauliflower McPugg: You can turn moldy bread into penicillin, but Charlie V is totally a lost cause.

Biff Burns: He wasn’t invited to try out for USA Olympic Basketball Team and he couldn’t make the Dominican Republic’s team.
Cauliflower McPugg: American Team? I thought he was born in some tarantula infested, rum swilling, Banana Republic, Caribbean country.
Biff Burns: No, Joe Dumars would have had Charlie’s green card revoked by now if he wasn’t a citizen.
Cauliflower McPugg: Deport the palooka anyway for trying out for a foreign team. Go USA!

Biff Burns: Well there you have it fans, Charlie’s boxing training did not go as well as we were led to believe by his summer tweets. Maybe Pilates, Tae Bo, or some less strenuous form of exercise like Curves gym for women, would have put him into better playing shape for the coming season.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Pre season games are about experimenting and testing fringe players but now is the time to allow the real players to form chemistry

Post  cool breeze Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Austin Daye proved to himself that he cannot hold his own at the power forward position. Does the coach know that yet? How about Charlie V? All the talk about Charlie becoming a new man this season. Has Charlie looked any different? What about Maxiell? Will the Pistons actually start Maxiell again based on the stability he gave the Pistons last season? After viewing the games so far, what I see is that the starting offense does not look very good. The second units created by Frank appear really bad where the guards appear to have no knowledge of the offense. Stuckey looks like the old Stuckey on offense. I have no idea if Singler can be a key player or not because he is playing with retarded players on offense. How can a small forward look good when playing with T Williams, Bynum or Flynn? It is time to try combinations that might work. How about fitting in Drummond and Singler with Monroe, Knight and Stuckey? Try Monroe, Drummond, Singler, English and Knight together. Is the coach afraid to do that? Will the older vets revolt? The coach needs to find combinations that will actually work. The older vets have had the advantage in looking better than the rookies in the drills and especially with the rotations on defense. But we all know that Maxiell cannot hold his own against real power forwards for any length of time. The short season with so many games packed into a short period of time brought opportunity for guys like Maxiell to look better than they actually can perform in a BIG GAME SITUATION. Maxiell will never be able to contribute very much in a playoff situation where big guys are actually motivated to play. Maxiell looks much better against tired teams where the bigs are not making much of an effort. I know Frank is worried about going on a horrible losing streak at the beginning of the season. But not making a big change will set the team back in the long run. everytime I see that starting lineup of Monroe, Prince, Stuckey, Knight and Maxiell I want to vomit. One of the sports writers mentioned that Monroe and Maxiell work well together. Against who I ask? Maxiell is clearly undersized. The Pistons have a much better chance of success to play Drummond and the Russian. Don't give up on the Russian Assassin. This guy has heart and game in him. So Frank should play Knight, (English- Middleton), (Singler-Jerebco), Drummond and Monroe at least one time before the regular season begins. Again, the way things have been planned out so far by the coaching staff, we have no idea what we have on this team concerning guys like Singler, English and Middleton when they have to play with T Williams, Bynum, or Flynn running the show. Get the combinations that include the starting vets and the rookies playing together. The coach should eat his words if he continues to give playing time to Charlie V and Daye as they have not earned another minute.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Since Charlie V is shooting a woeful 4 for 21 19% in his first two practice games, it has me thinking that the boxing training (See Twitter) he went through this past summer was not helpful. It’s like he’s shooting still wearing the boxing gloves. So I interviewed Charlie’s boxing trainer Cauliflower McPugg.

Biff Burns: How did Charlie V’s boxing training go?
Cauliflower McPugg: He has everything a boxer needs except speed, stamina, a punch, and the ability to take punishment. In other words, he owns a pair of shorts.

Biff Burns: How does he compare to Muhammad Ali ?
Cauliflower McPugg: Ali floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee, as opposed to Charlie V who stings like a butterfly and floats like an anchor.

Biff Burns: Aren’t his sparring partners beating the crap out of him?
Cauliflower McPugg: Charlie V is now so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life. His face looks like the raw meat in a butcher shop and not the government Grade A stuff. His ugly mug resembles ground round. I have trouble recognizing him unless he is lying on his back in the ring.

Biff Burns: Has he said anything after being pummeled?
Cauliflower McPugg: He just keeps muttering the same thing over and over, “Sixteen trillion dollars, the Pistons owe me sixteen trillion dollars.”

Biff Burns: So you didn’t mold him into a real boxer.
Cauliflower McPugg: You can turn moldy bread into penicillin, but Charlie V is totally a lost cause.

Biff Burns: He wasn’t invited to try out for USA Olympic Basketball Team and he couldn’t make the Dominican Republic’s team.
Cauliflower McPugg: American Team? I thought he was born in some tarantula infested, rum swilling, Banana Republic, Caribbean country.
Biff Burns: No, Joe Dumars would have had Charlie’s green card revoked by now if he wasn’t a citizen.
Cauliflower McPugg: Deport the palooka anyway for trying out for a foreign team. Go USA!

Biff Burns: Well there you have it fans, Charlie’s boxing training did not go as well as we were led to believe by his summer tweets. Maybe Pilates, Tae Bo, or some less strenuous form of exercise like Curves gym for women, would have put him into better playing shape for the coming season.

Fennis you have created something really special here. I love it! Maybe instead of the deportation, Mr. Gores could use Charlie V in a half time show with Richard Simmons. Imagine Charlie wearing a matching outfit with Richard.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty I'm Not Hating Kobe On This One

Post  WTF Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Oracle wrote:Tracy "Fu Manchu" McGrady - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

If you thought Kobe was a jerk before, just cast your peepers on this one. Kobe is not only strange, but he's as delusional as Shaq! He couldn't talk to Smush Parker because Smush didn't have enough accomplishments under his belt to be worthy? The man is SICK!!!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Sorry but Zeke, MJ, Magic, Bird and others had treated lesser player in this manner especially when they were all about winning. Perhaps Smush should have played better.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 pm

I see you made it over to the Lions Forum, how you like it?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Lions Forum

Post  Oracle Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:04 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I see you made it over to the Lions Forum, how you like it?

I like it(BTW, what's your name over there)!

Of course you have to kick a little butt over there(I don't mind doing that, so there'll be no problem there, lol), but I like having a place to discuss all things Detroit Lions!

Man, if the Pistons start winning again, Detroit Sports will be on top of the world again!

Even so, I'm loving being a Detroit Sports Fan anyway!

Go Lions, Tigers, Pistons, & Wings!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Lions Forum

Post  WTF Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:I see you made it over to the Lions Forum, how you like it?

I like it(BTW, what's your name over there)!

Of course you have to kick a little butt over there(I don't mind doing that, so there'll be no problem there, lol), but I like having a place to discuss all things Detroit Lions!

Man, if the Pistons start winning again, Detroit Sports will be on top of the world again!

Even so, I'm loving being a Detroit Sports Fan anyway!

Go Lions, Tigers, Pistons, & Wings!!!

I'm WISEFAN over there as well. Be careful of Capt Blue he is the "Nature of Pistons Talk" He join like a month after me and already have 1000 posts needless to say he's been tag "Troll" already. It takes a 100 posts to become a Senior Member I think he hit that the first week he joined facepalm

I'm normally post on Monday's after game day. It's a cool forum because they post about Detroit Teams and even Michigan and State. Man I'm loving those Tigers right now, I see them beating the Yanks just not sure they can pull off the series once they get there. Not that great on the road this season, but they had the Yanks number for the past few seasons.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next