Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
lemonpen
FlyDog
Go Stones!
Sebastian
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Oracle
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Big Trouble If

Post  BallinD Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Dre doesn't snap out of his funk. Vs Chicago, I saw him actually run down court maybe twice in the whole game, really jump to block a shot twice, while the NBA TV announcers ridiculed his lack of effort, Butler, Brooks, driving right into his chest and making shots over him while he just stood there.

The free throw shooting speaks for itself.

Is he sick? This lack of effort began before his free throw missing binge. What gives? This is the elephant in the room. Does he still think he is playing for UConn? Is he pissed at Reggie?

I saw sequence after sequence where the pick and roll with Reggie got stuffed by the Bulls. Without Mook and Tobias, we are doomed!

Sparma, that was a gutsy call for a Mike Conley. He or Jeff Teague would be perfect to backup and push RJ.

If that was our statement game and "biggest game of the year," where the hell was our self proclaimed team leader. He stood and watched as Gasol hit jumper after jumper. Didn't read the scouting report? Didn't think he could hit those? SMH. Scary.

SJ needs to sit until he gets his head straight, screw talking about Durant, rookie. STFU and play. Does he have the same disease Dre has? This is no time for two of our greatest warriors to be MIA...This is the home stretch!

Stan needs to do something and he will. Hope its not too late.

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty We're in big trouble... IF

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:31 pm

We can't win 3 of the last 5, and none of them, save Cleveland, who'll likely be resting players, are going to be easy!

Since the Bulls beat the Bucks, that was the last team that has a chance against them outside of Miami, and they could go 4-1.

The Pacers knocked us out of 7th, and won't likely fold, so we have to win as much as possible!

That's why I was so worried about this biggest game of our career stuff! yes, it may have been, but they've got 3 more of them coming up!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Seb

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Seb wrote:Reggie Jackson
Is not a starting PG. WE need a REAL starting PG, if WE are serious about getting that Larry. I say go after Mike Conley hard in Free Agency. YES pay Mike Conley to be OUR starting PG. Don't tell me that he (Conley) is too old. He is not. He turns 29 on 10/11. He is a floor general and that's what WE need. Oh, Reggie, make him OUR 6th-man. Every winning team needs a very, good 6th-man and that is what Reggie should become. He could play back-up minutes at the Point and SG positions, getting his 31 minutes per game.

Did you guys see Reggie swinging on the Bulls rim, twice, for no damn reason at all?! Reggie's focus and mental and physical conditioning is not sharp enough to be a starter, but as a 6th-man, he would be properly cast.

Bingo, those are the two reasons I have concern about Reggie!

I actually think he has a better than even chance to overcome the mental part, but I don't think he has a ghost of a chance to overcome the conditioning part.

There is a fundamental flaw in Reggie's ability to do what Zeke, Chauncey, and even Westbrook does... have it in the 4th EVERY game!

He sweats like Chauncey, but Chauncey could go as long as needed.

That's why we need another very good PG, to compensate for him needing a lot of rest!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Andre Drummond is his own worst enemy

Post  cool breeze Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 am

Drummond has the ability to dominate the NBA. He was blessed with incredible athletic ability for a big man. What will he do with it? Will he waste it like many others? Will he insist on shooting free throws his way. This will be a interesting story line as Drummond moves on with his career. Clearly, no coach has been able to change Andre's perception of his role on defense. Is he a shadow boxer or a guy who challenges everyone who dares to enter the paint? Will he finally give up on his old worthless free throw shooting technique that has failed him throughout his career? Will the coach finally step up and be a leader advising Drummond that he MUST scrap the idea that the assistant he depends on for free throw shooting advice is better than the professional shooting coach who was hired to improve Drummond's free throw shooting? Stop beating a dead horse Andre. Listen to the shooting coach who has the technique that allows him to make 30 to 40 free throws in a row. What the hell can be going through Andre Drummond's mind? Again, when will the coach step up and give a direct order to his player? Is the coach so timid because he is worried that Andre won't sign a new contract if he doesn't get his way? Come on Andre Drummond do the right thing for your TEAM please. This old story line is ridiculous. Get your off hand off the damn ball on your release.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Random Thoughts About OUR Pistons, To Date

Post  Sebastian Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:47 am

Reggie Jackson
Is not a starting PG. WE need a REAL starting PG, if WE are serious about getting that Larry. I say go after Mike Conley hard in Free Agency. YES pay Mike Conley to be OUR starting PG. Don't tell me that he (Conley) is too old. He is not. He turns 29 on 10/11. He is a floor general and that's what WE need. Oh, Reggie, make him OUR 6th-man. Every winning team needs a very, good 6th-man and that is what Reggie should become. He could play back-up minutes at the Point and SG positions, getting his 31 minutes per game.

Did you guys see Reggie swinging on the Bulls rim, twice, for no damn reason at all?! Reggie's focus and mental and physical conditioning is not sharp enough to be a starter, but as a 6th-man, he would be properly cast.

KCP
I'm fine with KCP, with the noted improvements that have been mentioned by my Pistons Pals. KCP immediately becomes a better starting SG, when he is paired with a true, NBA starting PG (Conley).

Morris and Tobias
Are both very, nice pieces. They both have the mid-range game and can knock down the three. They, both, get to the line and knock down their free throws. They can switch on defense on both opposing forwards and SGs. This pair on the floor together is a unique quality that is becoming unmatched by opposing teams.

Dre
Becomes a better player, while playing with a real, starting PG (Conley). The free-throws is truly Man vs. Himself. Dre's free throw shooting must improve.

Stanley
"Build to Last" has lost all of his confidence. He's got to regain his confidence, before the Summer League. He's got to regain his confidence, while WE are on this Playoff Push and during the Second Season. Stanley, remember son, you are better than that.

Baynes
Truth be told, WE would be up Sh!t Creek without Aron. No he is not a starting NBA Center, but he is a perfect back-up to Dre'.

Coach SVG
Stan has got OUR Pistons to currently at least a .500 record (currently 41 wins), but I think that WE can win three more. WE would had reached my prediction of 48 wins, if it were not for the two last second loses to the Grizzles and the two embarrassing loses to the Pelicans. I forget which Piston Pal(s) predicted 44 wins. Congrats to whoever wins, though.

GM Stan
Nice pick-ups in trades with the acquisitions of Morris and Tobias. These two are keepers, no doubt and can be a part of OUR roster when WE get that Larry, again. Baynes was a nice signing. You can count on Aron. Now, that WE have signed Reggie -- make his azz the 6th-man. GM Stan has got to get US a: 1) real starting PG, preferably Mike Conley, 2) a back-up PF, who can masquerade as a Center at times. I say go after Montenajus, in free agency. I don't think that the Rockets will match a reasonable offer -- one that I have yet to formulate in my mind. I will need to look at the numbers, again, before suggesting an amount to offer D-Mo'.

So, adding Conley and Montenajus to OUR roster and the continued growth of Stanley, KCP, and Reggie; along with the continued mature play of Morris, Tobias, and Baynes, rounding out the roster with Tolliever, Bullock, and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks makes US 10 games better next season.

2016 Draft Pick
GM Stan should draft a PG. Somebody else who can possibly run a team some day. I will make a suggestion, after surveying some draft boards, as I don't know who would even be available or worthy of OUR pick.

Keep winning Pistons.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:40 am

merc wrote:Don, your Arizona bias is showing... don't be ripping on players if you're not willing to call out SJ... he's been a bumbling t.o. prone rook while missing a high% of shots recently... yet we can all see his confidence and potential... keep it real bro.

What are you talking about here? I said in my post that Johnson must have been lifting weights before the game. This was referring to his inept shooting performance. But please watch everything he does for the team. He did not have a minus impact in this game. Watch his intensity on the floor. Sometimes you cannot see this watching television and that is why people miss so much of what goes on that you don't miss when you are watching the game at the arena. Johnson plays so hard on defense he infects the rest of the team as he did in Chicago on defense. There is no player in the league who likes to have Stanley Johnson guarding them. And in most games this season, it has been Johnson who has been the teammate who shares the basketball. That is why our back up center loves to play with Johnson. He tries to break down the defense and then pass to the wide open player. Chicago did a good job deflecting his passes when he attacked the basket and didn't leave Baynes open so not only did his shot attempts look wild and crazy but he turned over the ball more. But are you saying you don't like Stanley Johnson's spirit as a player? Do you wish that Piston management hadn't drafted him? You are seeing a 19 year old kid out there playing with no fear. He plays hard. He wants to win. And he has always been a winner. Stanley Johnson has done far better than I ever expected he would do in his first season. what you don't see is how Stanley Johnson impacts any team he is on. He is a fun guy who will do anything to make the team better. He hates to lose. It might take Johnson 3 more years before some fans will respect him because most fans just look at who is putting the basketball through the hoop. Stanley Johnson has a lot of work to do relating to his shooting touch. Please do not give up on him like so many fans did with Brandon Knight and other young players.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Well.........

Post  lemonpen Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 pm

FlyDog wrote:And the vet Dunleavey flopped like a soccer fag.

I guess I didn't know the rules.  I thought if a player is on his toes outside of the circle, it was a charge.
Point taken Smile
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Well............The Point Is He DID Push.....

Post  FlyDog Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:58 pm

And the vet Dunleavey flopped like a soccer fag.

I guess I didn't know the rules. I thought if a player is on his toes outside of the circle, it was a charge.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Block / Charge

Post  lemonpen Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Block.
And the earlier offensive foul on RJAX was a flop. Dunleavy's feet were crossed when pushed, so he fell easily and clumsily.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Our biggest weakness & was it a charge?

Post  Oracle Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Yes, we played very good defense last night, but we were helped by the fact that the Bulls couldn't exploit our biggest weakness.

The Bulls basically had no real point guard to break down our defense, which is where our entire defensive scheme generally gets broken down. BTW, I can't totally prove that statement and I'm hoping it wouldn't have made a difference, but that's my operating theory right now.

Lemon - You're right, this was very much like a playoff game, good experience for all of our guys!

Fly, I too thought it was CLEARLY a charge by Reggie... until I reviewed the tape(from Lee357 lol)

In the video below, it happens around the 7:12 minute mark, and clearly, IMO, shows that Butler's heels were over the imaginary plane, which puts him in the restricted zone. Take a look...

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Ugly Indeed

Post  lemonpen Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:10 am

But isn't that what playoff basketball is. Well, except maybe for the Warriors and Spurs. I thought our guards played the best 4th quarter D I've seen all year. Even when we were left behind the screen we somehow caught up and harrassed the ball handler as they picked up their dribble. We forced many Bull possessions to go late in the clock. IMO it was a nice character building game.

Merc: Tell it like it is. Stanley's overall contributioin is certainly a minus. He is a plus on D but as a local writter termed it, "offensive greediness" erases all of the good. Speaking of his shooting; it looks like he has reverted to his college form of launching flat and way out in front.

One highlight of the game was our willingness to seek out higher quality shots in the forth quarter instead of accepting the first available 3pt look. We only took 3 treys in the forth. Hopefully this was intentional.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty UGLY

Post  FlyDog Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:38 am

But somehow they pulled it out. I saw 2 bad basketball teams. Looked like 2 carp going after the same piece of corn. Reggie with great production in the last 3 minutes again..........but only due to getting fouled because the ball was in his hands. He almost single handedly blew a 7 point lead with the stupid push off on Dunleavy and the bad call thast went his way on an obvious charge.

Morris and Harris were great. The Bulls announcers were openly calling out Drummond's effort and level of engagement. Take away Drummonds humiliating 1-10, and the team shot close to 80% at the line.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:45 am

Don, your Arizona bias is showing... don't be ripping on players if you're not willing to call out SJ... he's been a bumbling t.o. prone rook while missing a high% of shots recently... yet we can all see his confidence and potential... keep it real bro.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Bulls announcers tell it like it is and this game was ugly

Post  cool breeze Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:22 am

Great win for the Piston players who hung in there and never gave up. S. Johnson looked like he had been lifting weights before the game. But as Oracle said, Johnson played his ass off on defense and on the boards. We can see his intensity and that will carry over to the off season where Johnson will grow as a Piston offensive weapon.

I don't know what the final stats were for Piston free throw shooters but it was embarrassing for sure. The Andre Drummond Flu spread throughout the team it seemed. Honestly does Andre look at himself on game film at all? His technique will never allow him to get up to 40% if that is his goal. For awhile this season I thought Drummond was on the right track. He took the deep breath. He had his stance down so he looked confident and comfortable. And it looked as if his hands were positioned better. But Andre is showing that he is a tough guy to help. He tells Stan Van Gundy that he doesn't want to have two coaches teach him free throw shooting so so the coach lets Andre tell the shooting coach to take a hike. That doesn't make sense. The Pistons have an expert shooting coach but Andre has the balls to tell the head coach and President that he wants the assistant coach to help him. Isn't that great? The assistant coach who he teaching Drummond cannot approve of the hand positioning on the ball can he? i guarantee Andre Drummond will never in a million years be a successful free throw shooter in his entire career unless he changes his technique. The shooting hand has to be on the backside of the ball and the off hand has to be under the basketball not on the side. Andre's hands are so big he would do better if he bounced the basketball twice with his shooting hand and never touched the ball with his off hand. Stand under the basket and shoot one handed and move out a step until you get the proper hand movement down. Drummond somehow thinks he will get lucky but shooting free throws has nothing to do with luck. The comments about Andre's free throw shooting were priceless by the Chicago announcers. They kept repeating the truth that our Pistons have absolutely no chance if they make the playoffs because of Drummond's horrible free throw technique. And they also pointed out that when Drummond misses those free throws, he loses his spunk and stops playing hard on defense and runs a little slower getting into the offensive half court set. What will Stan Van Gundy do relating to the Andre Drummond situation? How can Andre be the MAN when he continues to display so many defects in his game. Those defects are so easy to fix but is Andre coachable? Will he ever be a player his teammates can count on for an entire season? Maybe Andre will peak exactly when KCP and Reggie Jackson reach their peaks as NBA players.

The Detroit Pistons have the tie breaker if the Bulls do somehow get hot over the next few games. Any way you cut it, this was a really big win for our young tough Piston players. Way to go!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Biggest win since 2008?

Post  Sparma Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:42 pm

Nerve-wracking to listen to, but that's an improvement on what we've been following at the end of the season for several years.  If we're lucky even bigger wins still lie ahead this year.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty The Bulls are BAD, but Stanley is BRUTAL!

Post  Oracle Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Wow, we didn't play well at all in this one, but the Bulls are really limited by injury!

KCP looked like crap until he finally got something going, Reggie had his moments both good and bad!

But Stanley was the worst player on the floor, I was really feeling bad for him, he had nothing offensively, but again, his defense is stellar!

Morris continues to be a man among boys, aided by Harris... WTF would we do without those 2?

Toliver hit a few big shots, but man did we HAVE to have this one, and we got it!

Of course they couldn't take that 7 point lead and close them out, they let the cut it to 2 without us getting any shots off before winning!

We look like an 8th or lower seed, but again, I'm complaining MILDLY... a win is a win and I'll take it to the bank lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Two cents from some...

Post  Oracle Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Don, this post was worth a lot more than two cents, this was a really good and honest post!

I agree that both Reggie and KCP need time and if they really want it, they can take this team to great heights, but you're right, we need another SOLID point guard to back up Reggie and a dead eye SG to back up KCP.

Now I will give SVG a little break here because Meeks was supposed to be that guy after SVG figured out he wasn't going to be the starter, and Jennings was supposed to spell Reggie, but none of that, unfortunately, worked out. We have to address that in the offseason.

I think the starting unit is mostly set, but we need a real PF, even if he comes off the bench, and we need a strong guard, but we've got to get more out of the bench 6 points is ridiculous, I don't blame the starters too much when the bench is so bad.

I do have to disagree about Stanley. If we had better bench players his minutes would be cut back drastically. He's fallen off a cliff as far as being productive, but his saving grace is that he defends and generally won't hurt you.

Next year is Stanley's year, he's going to be coming back with a vengeance and something to prove.

But you're right about Morris & Harris, they're at another level of maturity than Reggie, Drummond & KCP! These guys will perform at a lot higher level next year.
cool breeze wrote:Our starting guards might be the worst guards to make the playoffs this season. Reggie Jackson had no business playing at all after his performance in the first half. He was absolutely horrible on both ends of the floor. He had Morris open when Morris couldn't miss a shot and instead tried to get the ball to Drummond or shoot it himself. Scouting does pay off and Rick Carlisle did a great job in preparing specifically for the Pistons. On the other hand, Stan Van Gundy obviously did not get his players prepared to play that game. What was the strategy for the Piston defense? Where was the communication? No Piston guard could guard Dallas players. That went on all night long. It was only in the 3rd quarter than Dallas guards missed wide open shots. Missing had nothing to do with the Piston guards defensive effort.

If our Pistons have no other point guards who can play, then Stan Van Gundy must play Stanley Johnson at that position with the 2nd unit if Blake continues to sink further into the quicksand. Johnson, my opinion would have made the difference if he had played point guard and defended the Dallas point guard. How stupid can you get if you are a basketball player to not anticipate the high screen and just stay in front of the short guy you are guarding. Why can't our guards concentrate for more than 2 seconds. My dog can concentrate longer than they can.

We had three positions -point guard-center-2 guard where players were a day late and a dollar short mentally all night long. You have to be mentally strong or you lose at any level of basketball. Our stud players were once again Morris and Harris. We have those two players to build on.

I have been harder on KCP than any other poster this year but it has been all tough love on my part. Pope has potential. I think he will be a complete player in year 5 much like Morris and Harris are now. He needs two more years to perfect his mental approach and he needs to kick up his work ethic on the off season to work on his weaknesses in shooting consistency and knowing how to create better. But he does need to handle the ball more and that is tough when playing with Reggie Jackson. We live and die with Reggie from game to game. Maybe the pressure has taken a toll on Jackson. This might have been his worst basketball game as a Piston player. Stan Van Gundy needs to make it a priority to acquire another really good point guard this off season because Reggie is in the same boat as KCP. They are both two years away from being solid players.

Piston defense is much worse than earlier in the season. That is a bad sign. It means that players are not coachable. There had to be a solid game plan these players had drummed into their heads before the game. How do you forget the game plan when you are professional basketball players? Basic defensive rotations missed time after time. And our starting center failing to move into the center of the paint to meet drivers and not getting one hand up. Habits created when you are 17 or 18 are hard to break. We are watching Piston players who never created strong work habits in their youth. If only we had Arron Gordon playing defense. He could play better defense at age 14 than three of our starters. They didn't listen as kids and they don't listen now. But this Piston team is so close to being more competitive maybe a miracle will occur and they will get tired of getting their asses kicked. Play really hard on defense and concentrate. Share the basketball REGGIE. Move your ass without the ball KCP. Set screens Andre. Make quicker player adjustments Stan Van Gundy. Try Stanley Johnson as a point forward and let him stop dribble penetration. This was an avoidable loss. tonight will be a much tougher game.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty My Two Cents

Post  cool breeze Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:38 pm

Our starting guards might be the worst guards to make the playoffs this season. Reggie Jackson had no business playing at all after his performance in the first half. He was absolutely horrible on both ends of the floor. He had Morris open when Morris couldn't miss a shot and instead tried to get the ball to Drummond or shoot it himself. Scouting does pay off and Rick Carlisle did a great job in preparing specifically for the Pistons. On the other hand, Stan Van Gundy obviously did not get his players prepared to play that game. What was the strategy for the Piston defense? Where was the communication? No Piston guard could guard Dallas players. That went on all night long. It was only in the 3rd quarter than Dallas guards missed wide open shots. Missing had nothing to do with the Piston guards defensive effort.

If our Pistons have no other point guards who can play, then Stan Van Gundy must play Stanley Johnson at that position with the 2nd unit if Blake continues to sink further into the quicksand. Johnson, my opinion would have made the difference if he had played point guard and defended the Dallas point guard. How stupid can you get if you are a basketball player to not anticipate the high screen and just stay in front of the short guy you are guarding. Why can't our guards concentrate for more than 2 seconds. My dog can concentrate longer than they can.

We had three positions -point guard-center-2 guard where players were a day late and a dollar short mentally all night long. You have to be mentally strong or you lose at any level of basketball. Our stud players were once again Morris and Harris. We have those two players to build on.

I have been harder on KCP than any other poster this year but it has been all tough love on my part. Pope has potential. I think he will be a complete player in year 5 much like Morris and Harris are now. He needs two more years to perfect his mental approach and he needs to kick up his work ethic on the off season to work on his weaknesses in shooting consistency and knowing how to create better. But he does need to handle the ball more and that is tough when playing with Reggie Jackson. We live and die with Reggie from game to game. Maybe the pressure has taken a toll on Jackson. This might have been his worst basketball game as a Piston player. Stan Van Gundy needs to make it a priority to acquire another really good point guard this off season because Reggie is in the same boat as KCP. They are both two years away from being solid players.

Piston defense is much worse than earlier in the season. That is a bad sign. It means that players are not coachable. There had to be a solid game plan these players had drummed into their heads before the game. How do you forget the game plan when you are professional basketball players? Basic defensive rotations missed time after time. And our starting center failing to move into the center of the paint to meet drivers and not getting one hand up. Habits created when you are 17 or 18 are hard to break. We are watching Piston players who never created strong work habits in their youth. If only we had Arron Gordon playing defense. He could play better defense at age 14 than three of our starters. They didn't listen as kids and they don't listen now. But this Piston team is so close to being more competitive maybe a miracle will occur and they will get tired of getting their asses kicked. Play really hard on defense and concentrate. Share the basketball REGGIE. Move your ass without the ball KCP. Set screens Andre. Make quicker player adjustments Stan Van Gundy. Try Stanley Johnson as a point forward and let him stop dribble penetration. This was an avoidable loss. tonight will be a much tougher game.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Oracle

Post  FlyDog Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:27 am

Steve Blake can't shoot anymore. He turns the ball over a lot and can no longer (Never really could) play Defense. But.......he did set some great screens and his veteran savvy is immeasurable. We all know it was entirely KCP's fault last night. Just wait for it.............
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Our bench really sucks!

Post  Oracle Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:34 pm

0 points through 3 quarters, and after missing 19 straight 3 pointers, Blake finally hits one for the FIRST bench points of the game!

This has been an issue, but SVG continues to leave better players glued to the pine!

SVG, there's no tomorrow, we need to play deeper into the bench or we're doomed. At least see if they can score after 3 freaking quarters of nothing...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Sparma: Reading my mind

Post  Oracle Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:56 pm

That's what I was thinking! We don't really know what KCP will evolve into, but he's on a good trajectory, good enough to wait 2 years and then take a hard look. Wise, I agree he doesn't fit well offensively right now, but KCP adds to his game each year, he's too good defensively to discard except for high value. Remember that defense is a TEAM game, and if the others around him get better, especially Drummond & Reggie, everybody looks better!

Although Reggie has a lot of things I like, and he importantly added 3 point shooting, he needs to mature! He hotdogs too much, especially when we have the lead, and his decision making is suspect at times. Most of all, I don't think he gets enough out of Drummond as a PG!

All of that could easily get better as soon as next season, but if not, I think SVG is looking around in the timeframe you mentioned.

On another subject, has Stanley Johnson hit the rookie wall?

No, I'm not worried about him, but he's certainly pulling a KCP... blow up in summer league, then not even close in the regular season.

But he passes the comparison with Winslow! Stanley is the better player by a little bit... I'm very happy!

FORUM - Page 13 Untitl11
Sparma wrote:I think SVG would trade anyone on the team.  He can't really trade Drummond in the near future, what with needing to sign him during the summer, then allow for six months (?) afterwards.  I suppose in principle any player on any team could be had for the right deal, but I think SVG's attitude goes beyond that truism.  A significant upgrade for the team would suffice for him to pull the trigger.  He's all about incremental improvements.  Specifically, I would not be surprised if Reggie gets dealt within two years.

Oracle wrote:"I wonder if SVG loves KCP as much as he says, or will he dangle him for a trade",  Ballin

When I hear SVG praising KCP, it sounds a bit phony to me. I believe he likes KCP right now, but if he could get a knock down shooter at the 2, he just might pull the trigger.

It's a tough call because KCP gets better every year, so you have to look at your window of opportunity.

To be honest, I'd move almost anybody on this team if the right player or combination of players were available. Hell, if Cousins head was screwed on straight, I'd move Andre for him, but he's a nut case.

Playoffs Notes: Indy lost(good), but the Bulls won a close one in Houston(bummer).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Sparma, Oracle, P Boy

Post  WTF Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Sparma wrote:I think SVG would trade anyone on the team.  He can't really trade Drummond in the near future, what with needing to sign him during the summer, then allow for six months (?) afterwards.  I suppose in principle any player on any team could be had for the right deal, but I think SVG's attitude goes beyond that truism.  A significant upgrade for the team would suffice for him to pull the trigger.  He's all about incremental improvements.  Specifically, I would not be surprised if Reggie gets dealt within two years.

Oracle wrote:"I wonder if SVG loves KCP as much as he says, or will he dangle him for a trade",  Ballin

When I hear SVG praising KCP, it sounds a bit phony to me. I believe he likes KCP right now, but if he could get a knock down shooter at the 2, he just might pull the trigger.

It's a tough call because KCP gets better every year, so you have to look at your window of opportunity.

To be honest, I'd move almost anybody on this team if the right player or combination of players were available. Hell, if Cousins head was screwed on straight, I'd move Andre for him, but he's a nut case.

Playoffs Notes: Indy lost(good), but the Bulls won a close one in Houston(bummer).

I agree Sparma I can see Jackson being moved in 2 years if not sooner.

P-Boy you're right the question on KCP IMO is what would they be willing to pay him in the near future. I think signing him to any money beyond his current contract would be over paying him because 1. He doesn't really fit and, 2. Energy and Effort don't count for **** unless it's at a Rodman or Big Ben type level.

Overall I would trade any player on this current roster if improves the team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Trade?

Post  Sparma Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:28 pm

I think SVG would trade anyone on the team. He can't really trade Drummond in the near future, what with needing to sign him during the summer, then allow for six months (?) afterwards. I suppose in principle any player on any team could be had for the right deal, but I think SVG's attitude goes beyond that truism. A significant upgrade for the team would suffice for him to pull the trigger. He's all about incremental improvements. Specifically, I would not be surprised if Reggie gets dealt within two years.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty KCP

Post  BallinD Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:16 am

Phil, I think I'd really try to keep KCP as much as he exasperates me and so many others, just because:

Energy, Effort, and he is learning so much.

Phil, I get what you are saying, I just think he is a keeper, maybe just not in his role, maybe more in a junkyard dog role.

This year he has added a floater, his slash game is good to go, his FG% overall is up, he is becoming a nice 2-way player, young with more upside to go and he does always guard the opponents best perimeter scorer, not always or even often in shutdown mode, but he does tirelessly chase them around and usually harries them in and out of rhythm.

That being said, I would not trade him unless it were a 2-way player in return and I would prefer to keep him if possible for his high expected reasonable contract (he has 2 years left). I think this contract reup will be where the rubber meets the road. For a 23-year old high value, high return contract, averaging 15 points (14.7) I say, help him get better like the Spurs would do. He will be looking for a payday next year or the year after, and he should get it. He busts his butt and has Pistons DNA.

But I know SVG won't hesitate to swap him or anybody else out, though because of his potential to grow with the core and his relative length, athleticism, and durability, not sure what he will do. I think "continuity" is going to become more important to SVG, especially if he has a postseason to top this year off.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty KCP

Post  Phil-Good Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:27 am

"I wonder if SVG loves KCP as much as he says, or will he dangle him for a trade"

Love KCP effort and energy. But I would trade his AZZ in A heart beat. I could list 10 guys I would trade KCP for right now. C.Middlton, Rodney Hood, Bradley Beal, Phx Suns rookie Booker, R.H.Jefferson in Brooklyn. I could keep going but I will stop there.

To me this is the best time to sale on KCP now because he is at A all time high on how overrated he is. Don't get me wrong, I would not bail on KCP for just any old player. But If I could talk Milwaukee into moving Chris Middlton or Washington into A sign and trade for Bradley Beal. It's A done deal.

But the real teams to keep A eye on are teams like Phoenix, Orlando, Portland. Denver. Phx has Knight, Eric Bledsoe and Devin Booker. How about KCP for Brandon Knight and T.J Warren? How about KCP to Utah for Alex Burk and Trey Lyles?? How about KCP and the 2016 pick for A guy like Zach LaVine? Or A trade for A guy like Jordan Clarkson and Lou Williams from the Lakers. I got 100 more trades I could come up with that I would take over KCP.

Then here is 1 more question. How much would you pay KCP because he is about to be A restricted free agent coming up real soon? Chris Middlton money? Brandon Knight money? Come on now. KCP is ready to get paid!!!!!

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next