Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

deusXango wrote:Are for the impressionable fan. If the drum had been banged for Andrew Nicholson on NBADraftNet for over a month, and on ESPN off and on, along with his showing at the combines, the same fans foaming out the mouth over Henson, Sullinger, and Zeller would be convinced that Nicholson of St. Bonny is the guy Joe should take with #9. For the most part we desparately want a big....any big, but never do we stop and think about what the team accomplished last year without a legit big in play (other than ol' Ben Wallace), and some selfish, dumb-ass guard play. We stopped nobody, and had no offensive continuitity. We basically played Y.M.C.A. or rec. league style ball.

As far as big men go, I'd like to see Jerebko put on a few pounds for his 2nd season back from injury, and recieve the playing time a building block of the future deserves. I'd like to see for myself what Macklin can do. Macklin? The guy who's working out up at Auburn Hills as we speak, that Macklin. Like him or not Villanueva ain't bad for a #4 or #5 on the depth charts for bigs; our "stretch 4." The big we need is a center, and he's not available in this draft. We've got to sign him in FA or trade for him. Once that's done we have a 7 footer, and four 6' 10", PF's, all at least 235 lbs. with a history of working with Arnie Kander!

We need decision makers on this team in the worst way. We need real playmakers, the type that makes players around them better. These needs are overlooked by makers of the mock drafts. No one seems to give a sh!t about the Detroit Pistons when it comes to resurrecting our team to championship level, and I'm saddened by how many Pistons fans buy into the thoughtlessness of outsiders when it comes to our team. We don't need Prince or Daye. We don't need Gordon or Stuckey or Bynum! Hopefully Maxiell will just go away. Wilkins and Russell Jr. should never have been here to begin with. When I talk about "don't needs" I'm talking about players that can and should be traded, because their value to the team can be easily improved on, in a cost efficient manner. Moving those "don't needs" around would put us in the position to get what we do need.

We've got Monroe, Knight, and Jerebko to build on. We've got Macklin and Villanueva to hold onto. We've got Singler to sign. That's not a bad half team to start a sincere rebuild with. We've got the #9 pick, at least 3 choice trade pieces, and a couple of throw-ins to complete a far better rebuild roster than we ended the season with. Joe should obtain two choice mid 1st rounders to go with the 2nd rounders he has. Joe should sign a couple of meaningful free agents. My mock GMing goes like this: #9 and player (Stuckey?) for Houston's #14 & #16. Sign and trade with Chicago to return them Gordon for Hamilton and Asik at the MLE. Amnesty Hamilton thus wiping out all financial obligations to him, and being free of Gordon's contract, all in exchange for our 7 footer. Sign Tyreke Evans to complete our starting backcourt. Draft in this order; #14 White, #16 Taylor, #39 Machado, and #44 O'Quinn. I know the loyalist will find flaws in this, but there is always tomorrow to correct the flaws of today.

dX you are so on target. I have been thinking the same thing about Jerebco. Jerebco has a lot more to offer the Pistons than Henson. If Jerebco were in this draft he would be better than any other big right now with the exception of Davis and Davis still hasn't played one NBA game. And I agree that Macklin is a better fit for the Pistons right now than Henson. The only big to consider if the Pistons do not trade down is Leonard who is a true big man who will be getting much stronger in two seasons. However, I wouldn't be surpised if Leonard isn't taken before the 9th pick.

Great post dX!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty @ DON AND DX

Post  WTF Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 pm

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:DX the question remains was he asked to gain 5lbs. Other than some analyst speculiating on him being light in the pants you can't keep ignoring his stats and the fact that he had them playing for a top program. Whatever will you and Murph do when Joe draft this guy or even Zeller? lol
Wise, the man lost weight; it's not a matter of gaining weight until he can hold what he has. Granted his stats are nothing to sneeze at, but look at the stats of others also. If and when Joe drafts one of the UNC guys I'll root for them to do well (keeping in mind that if Joe only has our hopes pinned on the #9 pick, he's half-ass doing his job), but when and if they don't produce as Pistons big men should, I'm gonna rip their asses!

Look I'm not rah rahing Henson as our pick or any other player really beside Harrison Barnes, Barnse is the Tar Heel I want on this team. All I'm saying is too much is made out of this weight thingy and it's mostly because of the failures of Daye.

Don, perhaps knowing we know now about JJ he might be a first rounder, but if he was drafted this year he would still be a second pick in this years draft.

DX I'm not saying Henson has the best stats of PF being drafted this year, and as much as I hate the Hype Machine there's a reason why some players get hype and some don't. If I were to look hard enough I could find something wrong with every players game including Davis's game. I just get this whole theory of killing this kid off because of his weight.

Don funny you bring up Rodman who was a skiiny frail PF, many of you screamed for Amir another skinny frail PFtoo get major PT. Hell I remember many screaming for Tay too get burn his rookie season, but along comes this bum Daye and now everyone hate skinny players.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE

Post  deusXango Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:39 pm

To the few posters that are left and actually participating on this site, I want to offer some reason that'll hopefully put us on one accord. We all have trepidations about what will come out of this years draft, after being so lucky the past couple drafts and Dumars/Perry's half-assed approach to putting a competitive product on the floor. Politics and favoritism have been the nature of decision making lately (since Perry came on board), and we all want it to end.

There are two voices on here; one for the direction to be taken or player(s) we want, and another for the player(s) we don't want and having a pointless draft. All the voices are of the most faithful fans. I think we all realize that now is the time to make our major moves if we're ever to get back on top. We've got a few building blocks, a few choice trade pieces, and a whole lotta sentimentality. There are some FA opportunities upcoming, and some ill-advised past moves that need correcting. Will Jelly and Howdy put it all together for us, or will they blow smoke up our collective asses by trying to sell us on the #9 pick being all we need/can do right now, and we'll be on our way. I for one am not sure that Tom Gores is rightfully demanding of excellence from Dumars & Co. I wonder if he really wants to win, or play the roll of the empty wagon; "an empty wagon makes the most noise."

The local media, team ownership, and Pistons administration is not to be trusted; all we got is each other to see a better day. Barnes, Henson, Zeller, Moultrie, Sullinger, Leonard, White, Jones III, T. Jones. Whoever our particular choice is doesn't matter unless there are two this year. Once the reality of the CAP kicks in, our choice trade pieces may be over-priced next year, thus not being as appealing. We let Asik and/or Evans get by us we'll regret it. It's things like these and more that we understand can make or break a franchise that probably won't happen, so we snap at each other.

PEACE
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Charlie V career if falling apart as expected.

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Villanueva had a private workout for the Dominican Republic in New York and didn't leave a good impression. "Charlie was not in good form when we saw him," Calipari said to Deportes en la Z. "He was overweight, and unfortunately, we could not slow down the entire team and it was a decision taken collectively.

You really have become A sad case Charlie V. Your career is falling apart right in front of everybody's eyes.

You're fat, lazy, and now the best Coach in College Basketball Coach Calipari has gone on record as saying you are out of shape and not in good form.

Sad case of A young man who has all the talent in the world but no heart or will to fulfill his true potential. That's sad when A NBA player can't make A Domenic Republic Olympic team. SAD!!!! SAD!!

O by the was thanks Charlie V for dropping your trade value even more!! facepalm Sad CASE!! facepalm

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:01 pm

What's even more bad for the Pistons is the debate of who to cut loose!!

Charlie Vanilla is A King king BUM of BUMS but there is A even bigger over paid player on the team.

I will never call Ben Gordon A bum.. At least he maid his native land's Olympic team. But Ben Gordon is way over paid.

Who do you cut? Kuester
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Charlie V Dropped from the Dominican Republic Olympic Team

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Charlie V Dropped from the Dominican Republic Olympic Team
By Biff Burns

Biff Burns: You were dropped from the Dominican Republic’s men’s Olympic basketball team. They said you were overweight and out of shape.
Charlie V: I told you last month about my off season training. I’d sneak into Joe’s office eat three donuts and then ride the stationary bike for ten minutes.

Biff Burns: As Dr. Phil likes to say, “How’s that working out for you.”
Charlie V: I gained twenty pounds in six weeks.

Biff Burns: Considering you only played in thirteen games this last season, I don’t think basketball is a big priority for you. You have made $21 million dollars the last three years and have averaged 11.1 points and 4.2 rebounds.
Charlie V: Yea, well Dumars gave me that nice fat contract and my agent wasn‘t even blackmailing him or holding a gun to his head, but we made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
Biff Burns: Where have I heard that phrase?

Biff Burns: Chico Escuela from the Dominican Republic use to say on Saturday Night Live, “Baseball been berry, berry good to me.”
Charlie V: “Well, basketball been berry, berry good to me.”

Biff Burns: How is it that you were supposedly born in New York City and were able to try out for a foreign team.
Charlie V: It’s a long story. I’m related on my father’s side of the family. My great uncle three times removed was married to my father’s great aunt twice removed that snuck over the border from Haiti or Cuba or something like that.

Biff Burns: Think fast. Who is the president of the USA?
Charlie V: That black guy from Illinois who likes to play basketball, Michael Jordan.

Biff Burns: I really should make a call to the Immigration Department about you. Do you have a valid birth certificate?
Charlie V: I lost it when I was playing in Toronto. Actually it was confiscated at the border.

Biff Burns: A likely story. If Joe Dumars doesn’t apply the amnesty clause to you, he owes an apology to everyone that has ever played in the NBA.
Charlie V: Hey, as long as I get my millions I am okay with it. I can take a nice long vacation in the Dominican Republic and visit all my distant relatives.

Biff Burns: I just got a tweet that the Olympic basketball team of Uzbekistan is looking for a few good men. You could try out for their team. I saw in a movie that there are only six degrees of separation in your relations to everybody else in the world. You’re probably related to some Uzbeki citizen.
Charlie V: Adios amigo. I have to book a flight to Tashkent.

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Funny Lines once again .. thank you Fennis ..

Post  Grizz Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Charlie V Dropped from the Dominican Republic Olympic Team
By Biff Burns

Biff Burns: You were dropped from the Dominican Republic’s men’s Olympic basketball team. They said you were overweight and out of shape.
Charlie V: I told you last month about my off season training. I’d sneak into Joe’s office eat three donuts and then ride the stationary bike for ten minutes.

Biff Burns: As Dr. Phil likes to say, “How’s that working out for you.”
Charlie V: I gained twenty pounds in six weeks.

Biff Burns: Considering you only played in thirteen games this last season, I don’t think basketball is a big priority for you. You have made $21 million dollars the last three years and have averaged 11.1 points and 4.2 rebounds.
Charlie V: Yea, well Dumars gave me that nice fat contract and my agent wasn‘t even blackmailing him or holding a gun to his head, but we made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
Biff Burns: Where have I heard that phrase?

Biff Burns: Chico Escuela from the Dominican Republic use to say on Saturday Night Live, “Baseball been berry, berry good to me.”
Charlie V: “Well, basketball been berry, berry good to me.”

Biff Burns: How is it that you were supposedly born in New York City and were able to try out for a foreign team.
Charlie V: It’s a long story. I’m related on my father’s side of the family. My great uncle three times removed was married to my father’s great aunt twice removed that snuck over the border from Haiti or Cuba or something like that.

Biff Burns: Think fast. Who is the president of the USA?
Charlie V: That black guy from Illinois that likes to play basketball, Michael Jordan.

Biff Burns: I really should make a call to the Immigration Department about you. Do you have a valid birth certificate?
Charlie V: I lost it when I was playing in Toronto. Actually it was confiscated at the border.

Biff Burns: A likely story. If Joe Dumars doesn’t apply the amnesty clause to you, he owes an apology to everyone that has ever played in the NBA.
Charlie V: Hey as long as I get my millions I am okay with it. I can take a nice long vacation in the Dominican Republic and visit all my distant relatives.

Biff Burns: I just got a tweet that the Olympic basketball team of Uzbekistan is looking for a few good men. You could try out for their team. I saw in a movie that there are only six degrees of separation in your relations to everybody else in the world. You’re probably related to some Uzbeki citizen.
Charlie V: Adios amigo. I have to book a flight to Tashkent.

And think about it .. CV makes 7 or 8 million a season for an NBA team, The Detroit Pistons ... and he cannot even make the squad, let alone start, for a tiny nation like TDR! What more proof does anyone need that Charlie is untradeable, unwanted, unmotivated, and was a berry, berry unintelligent (of JD) FA signing ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty CHARLIE VILLANUEVA? BEN GORDON?

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 pm

If Joe Dumars could sign those two "do nothing, no defense" characters to a combined $90 MILLION without anyone batting an eye, why can't he get away with drafting Royce White and Jeffrey Taylor with the 14th and 16th picks? One can do damn near everything (probably the most skilled player on our roster should we get him), and the other is a defensive demon at 3 positions! Oh yeah, they both have high basketball I.Q.'s, and play selfless ball. Go get the picks Joe.

That "no-show" act put on by both Charlie V. and Ben G. since they've been Pistons is deplorable, but what's worse is when they do show up. Granted Gordon has had some high scoring games, but not near enough to justify his contract! It sickens me that this is what's been given to me to cheer for, but worry about a player boarding a plane is what's used as an excuse to not better the team. Anxiety is a valid disorder that more than 50% of our society suffers from some form of; if we can't cheer for a player that fights against their personal challanges with it, and champions awareness for other sufferers, who are our heroes and what drives them?

We could also boast that we're the team with the two best players from Sweden (Jerebko and Taylor), and their fan base would soon become a rallying point like "fear the 'fro." Those guys have Pistons DNA, as far as defense goes, and they would be one helluva marketing tool. Horned helmets and Viking horns anyone?

Last edited by deusXango on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty SCOTT PERRY, L.A. CLIPPERS GM?

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 pm

It's been reported that "our" Scott Perry is in the running for the open Clippers GM position. I wish him well, and all the success in the world. He will be right in his element with Donald Sterling as owner, and the ignoble past history of that franchise. Perhaps we can work a trade, when he's in charge, for Damian Wilkins, Walker Russell Jr., and Rodney Stuckey for Blake Griffin and Chris Paul....we may have to throw in Austin Daye and a couple of 2nd rounders to sweeten the deal and balance the money. Yeah! Good luck Mr. Perry.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:19 am

Xango I agree with you as far as R.White deserving A chance. But you want to take that chance at the # 9th pick?

Come on man! Now in A good trade no problem but not At 9.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Quick... stock up on tissue!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:21 am

Ok, the Thunder won the first game!

I love and picked the Thunder to win it all, but...

Listening to the talking heads, and watching this complete circle jerk party they're throwing, makes me want to HURL!

After one game, they want to make you believe that the Thunder are so freaking superior that you've never seen anything like this before.

Granted, they're good, but come on, where's the perspective, especially from guys that have actually played the game?

Oh well, I guess over exaggeration is in vogue now!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Hated the Announcers and what they were saying ..

Post  Grizz Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 am

Hated the Announcers and what they were saying .. was just so dumb and clownish ... jeeeze .. So took Don Cool Breez's advice and turned off the sound .. Much better! Wish I could get it on the radio over here in Japan.. Anyway .. YAHOOO! Go Thunder .... All the reasons mentioned already are why the Thunder will Stomp the Heat (advantages in bench, head coaching, superstars, bigs, PGs) PLUS one more occured to me while watching .. STAMINA .. James and Wade have to do so much just to get to the end of the 3rd quarter .. They aint got much left for 4th!!.... Looking forward to the Thunder Kicking the Heat's collective oversized egos into the gutter of NBA history ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty PHILLIP1980BOY

Post  deusXango Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:22 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Xango I agree with you as far as R.White deserving A chance. But you want to take that chance at the # 9th pick?

Come on man! Now in A good trade no problem but not At 9.
"If Joe Dumars could sign those two "do nothing, no defense" characters to a combined $90 MILLION without anyone batting an eye, why can't he get away with drafting Royce White and Jeffrey Taylor with the 14th and 16th picks?"
That's what I said Phillip. I know they both are being drafted higher than where the national rags have them slated to go, but they fit our needs and combined they're much better than ANYONE going from 2-9. I'm dreaming that Dumars trades the 9th, and reasonable considerations, for the #14 and #16 picks.
Phillip, did you see Thabo Sefolosha last night? 6' 7", 225 lbs. of athletic, hard-nosed defensive, selfless play, playing a highly intelligent game. I know that's your type of player; that's the game Jeffrey Taylor plays.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty 2012-13 PISTONS ROSTER

Post  deusXango Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 am

C- Omer Asik, Kyle O'Quinn
PF-Greg Monroe, Jonas Jerebko, Vernon Macklin
SF-Tayshaun Prince, Royce White, Kyle Singler
SG-Tyreke Evans, Jeffrey Taylor
PG-Brandon Knight, Scott Machado

Not only are the starters the class of the east, but the bench is fully capable of pushing them to be the best they can be. You gotta love 'em! This roster shake up is done with 2 first picks, 2 second round picks, and 2 FA signings (Singler is already a Piston).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Grizz wrote:Hated the Announcers and what they were saying .. was just so dumb and clownish ... jeeeze .. So took Don Cool Breez's advice and turned off the sound .. Much better! Wish I could get it on the radio over here in Japan.. Anyway .. YAHOOO! Go Thunder .... All the reasons mentioned already are why the Thunder will Stomp the Heat (advantages in bench, head coaching, superstars, bigs, PGs) PLUS one more occured to me while watching .. STAMINA .. James and Wade have to do so much just to get to the end of the 3rd quarter .. They aint got much left for 4th!!.... Looking forward to the Thunder Kicking the Heat's collective oversized egos into the gutter of NBA history ..

Good to have you aboard Grizz. My wife enjoys it a lot when the sound of Van Gundy is not able to penetrate our home. She put on some nice soft music last night and read a book while I watched the game. I actually have the feeling that I am attending the games when I turn off the sound. However, when Miller and Kerr are speaking, I listen.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Charlie V says it's not my fault!

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Those coaches have no idea of the talent Charlie has in that amazing body. Charlie has requested good coaching and he can't find a coach out there that is able to light a fire under his behind to get him going. Charlie is not capable of getting himself going all by himself and that is why he has gained so much weight. Where is his Mom? This is child abuse. I wonder if Charlie could make it through on hour of Seal training. No coaching in that arena just instructors telling you how nice the hot chocolote will taste if you will only drop out while you are feezing to death in the water.

The bigger question is what Joe Dumars is thinking? He started puffing on his cigar after the Pistons won that championship thanks to Mr. Bigshot. Joe then let himself go gaining massive weight and celebrating to the point that he lost track that he was running things for the Pistons. Maybe the extra weight gain by Charlie is what attracted Joe in the first place. Charlie is a very confident person and a really good fist fighter on the basketball court. I can only imagine how the conversation went between Joe and Charlie and Charlie's agent during the time Dumars decided to offer that great contract to his man. Any GM in their right mind would do something to make sure Charlie V does not ever wear a Piston uniform again. It will be exciting to see what Joe does. This is one thing that I liked about Frank last season until the last few games where it had to be obvious that Dumars was insisting that Charlie V get some playing time. During most of the season, Frank refused to allow Charlie on the court. Now Frank is demanding his kind of players and wants Joe's players to take a hike. Frank wants players with guts who have the willingness to play tough defense consistantly. That is why many believe that Stuckey should be part of a trade this summer. Stuckey has never been consistant for an entire season and yet he has great trade value.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Miami can beat OKC, but...

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Not the way they have been beating teams!

Miami likes to run teams into the ground because they can. They normally have 2-3 of the best athletes in any game, and they'll use that superior athleticism to take teams apart, and it works a charm.

Unfortunately, they can't do that to OKC, because OKC has the superior athletes! OKC's athletes are not only slightly superior, but they're younger and have more help... a freaking toxic cocktail if you're the Heat!

But they can be beat!

To beat OKC, you have to play a lot smarter, and slow down the game. I suggest Miami take a look at the 2004 Pistons(or 2005-2006 for that matter). These teams beat superior athletic teams on a regular basis, using defense and solid game management to grind them down.

Of course to do this will be hard for Miami because you need a really good guard running the show, and some solid bigs patrolling the paint, but trying that could be a better perscription for success than trying to outscore(or out quick) the Thunder.

Let's see what Miami's coach can come up with, but IMO, nothing will work until they get home. Tomorrow's game is likely to be a blowout!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty No VANGUNDY NOISE

Post  Grizz3 Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:21 am

Hey Don ...

I used to watch Tigers games on the TV in the 70s while playing rock music records of groups like Led Zepplin.. Of course .. the Tigers announers were great back then .. BUT I just wanted something more high tech or before there was high tech .. BUT FOR THIS YEAR'S NBA finals .. MUTE! What I found myself doing while watching a MUTED an NBA GAME 1 FINALS is generating the crowd noise .. WHERE I was swearing at the REFS and Heat players (GOD DAMN FLOP, wasnt it, CHALMERS!!!. FUCK YOU, REF!. HAHA . RILEY .. YOUR HEAT ARE TOAST!!!! Chanting cheers (LETS GO THUNDER!!) and clapping loudly .. Fortunately by now .. my wife knows when it comes to the NBA .. I am not sane .. and never asked me to pipe down .. lol

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Good read

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:05 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Not Settling

Post  merc Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:26 am

Trade up to get Drummond... or trade down for 2-4-1 lotto picks... anything but settling for one mid-level talent.
It would be better to pass on Free agents than add salary for the left overs that Joe would wind up with... nothing but young long term talent for the next run... after OKC & Miami are done... being competitive is ok as long as the goal meets the real objective... Just say NO to long term mediocrity.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 am

Oracle wrote:Not the way they have been beating teams!

Miami likes to run teams into the ground because they can. They normally have 2-3 of the best athletes in any game, and they'll use that superior athleticism to take teams apart, and it works a charm.

Unfortunately, they can't do that to OKC, because OKC has the superior athletes! OKC's athletes are not only slightly superior, but they're younger and have more help... a freaking toxic cocktail if you're the Heat!

But they can be beat!

To beat OKC, you have to play a lot smarter, and slow down the game. I suggest Miami take a look at the 2004 Pistons(or 2005-2006 for that matter). These teams beat superior athletic teams on a regular basis, using defense and solid game management to grind them down.

Of course to do this will be hard for Miami because you need a really good guard running the show, and some solid bigs patrolling the paint, but trying that could be a better perscription for success than trying to outscore(or out quick) the Thunder.

Let's see what Miami's coach can come up with, but IMO, nothing will work until they get home. Tomorrow's game is likely to be a blowout!

Oracle Miami is too much into their own hype to realize they need to slow the game down to stand any real chance against the Thunder. Beside I don't even think they can beat the Thunder in a half court game either, Miami just doesn't play smart IMO they play off of their talent and most times that good enough against lesser team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Solving The Charlie V Problem

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:45 pm

A Meeting Between Joe Dumars and Tom Gores That Was Secretly Recorded by Biff Burns

(The telephone rings) Hellooo this is Joltin Joe Dumars.
Tom Gores’ secretary: Mr. Dumars, Mr. Gores would like to see you in his office immediately and don’t bring any donuts.
Joe Dumars: Okey-dokey. This can’t be a good thing, can it?
Tom Gores’ secretary: No it can’t.

Tom Gores: Have a seat Joe. I am not a happy young billionaire today.
Joe Dumars: And why would that be, Mr. Gores?
Tom Gores: One of our players who is a reflection upon you, the entire organization, and more importantly me, has become the laughing stock of the entire league.
Joe Dumars: Who would that be?
Tom Gores: Mr. Charlie Alexander Villanueva who couldn’t make the Olympic team for a country that considers anybody over five foot six a giant. It seems he is out of shape and is overweight to boot. Exactly how much money do I owe this congenital under achiever?
Joe Dumars: He is under contract for the next two years and is owed $16,640,00.
Tom Gores: Oh, Lordy Mama! How could you have signed a player of such mammoth ineptitude to such a huge contract?
Joe Dumars: They made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. His agent negotiates like a rabid dog. I swear he was foaming at the mouth. I was afraid for my life. Yeah, that’s the ticket.
Tom Gores: I’d give you a shovel, but your mouth is already digging you into a very deep
hole from which it will be very difficult to extract yourself.

Tom Gores: Look at this I am getting sympathy cards from the other NBA owners about this fiasco.
Joe Dumars: When you care to send the very best, send Hallmark. Wow! This one plays music. It sounds like an old Leadbelly blues tune.

Tom Gores: Isn’t there any way to get out of this? Couldn’t we just void his contract because he is not in game worthy shape?
Joe Dumars: No, the only thing we can do is apply the amnesty clause, but you would still owe him the sixteen million.

Tom Gores: One of my fraternity brothers from college is with the Immigration and Naturalization Service. He owes me a big favor. Maybe he could get Charlie banished to North Korea.
Joe Dumars: It sounds a bit harsh, don’t you think?

Tom Gores: How about if I get one of my techno geeks to hack into Charlie’s Facebook and Twitter accounts and post derogatory remarks about the Pistons’ fans?
Joe Dumars: What good will that do?
Tom Gores: The fans at the Palace will constantly boo him. They will drive him out of town like the Tigers’ fans did to Brandon Inge.
Joe Dumars: These kind of dirty tricks could backfire on us like Nixon and Watergate. You don’t want to be telling the media, “I am not a crook.”
Tom Gores: True dat.

Tom Gores: Maybe we could come up with some novel marketing techniques to recoup some of the money I have to pay him. Do you have any ideas?
Joe Dumars: Well, just off the top of my head, we could sell fifty-fifty raffle tickets to the fans to guess his weight to the exact ounce and have a big televised weigh-in like they have before boxing matches.
Tom Gores: Yes, we could go metric and have fans guess his weight in grams, that would really throw them for a loop, but absolutely no Canadians would be allowed in the contest. You would have to be from a non-metric country to win.
Joe Dumars: So they would have to be a citizen of the USA, Liberia, or Myanmar.
Tom Gores: Yes, All the other countries in the world use the metric system.

Joe Dumars: At halftime we could have a life-size piñata of Charlie V hung over the court and all the kids twelve and under in the crowd could beat the candy out of him with baseball bats.
Tom Gores: I like it, beating the stuffing out of him.

Joe Dumars: How about a corporate sponsorship tie-in with Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers? Charlie V could become their spokesman in commercials. We could sell their diet food at the Palace’s concession stands. Plus we might actually embarrass and shame the human blimp into losing weight and getting into shape.
Tom Gores: He could be the Kirstie Alley and Jennifer Hudson of the NBA.
Joe Dumars: He certainly could. I can picture him now all svelte and sexy like Jennifer.
Tom Gores: Focus, Joe. Focus on the marketing strategies not Ms. Hudson.

Tom Gores: This is what I like to call changing a minus situation into a plus situation and any idea that makes me richer is a plus.
Joe Dumars: Glad to help out.
Tom Gores: You can expect Krispy Kreme, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Tim Horton’s donuts on your desk first thing tomorrow morning. Just one thing though, I’ll post a security guard at your door to keep Charlie V out. Good work JD.
Joe Dumars: Excellent idea TG.
Tom Gores: That’s Mr. Gores to you.
Joe Dumars: Yes, sir, Mr. Gores.
Tom Gores: Peace out.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Hey Biff

Post  WTF Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Do you think you can get an interveiw with Zeke to get his feelings on the Dream Team Documentary airing on ESPN and on MJ's book where he finally admits that he gave the selection committee a choice of him or Zeke?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Grizz3 wrote:Hey Don ...

I used to watch Tigers games on the TV in the 70s while playing rock music records of groups like Led Zepplin.. Of course .. the Tigers announers were great back then .. BUT I just wanted something more high tech or before there was high tech .. BUT FOR THIS YEAR'S NBA finals .. MUTE! What I found myself doing while watching a MUTED an NBA GAME 1 FINALS is generating the crowd noise .. WHERE I was swearing at the REFS and Heat players (GOD DAMN FLOP, wasnt it, CHALMERS!!!. FUCK YOU, REF!. HAHA . RILEY .. YOUR HEAT ARE TOAST!!!! Chanting cheers (LETS GO THUNDER!!) and clapping loudly .. Fortunately by now .. my wife knows when it comes to the NBA .. I am not sane .. and never asked me to pipe down .. lol

Very funny Grizz. Tonight play some clasical music for the first 3 quarters and then turn up the volume with some Grand Funk Gold. A friend put that music on last summer during our visit to Michigan. We sat down to a beautiful dinner with candles and fine wine and when the salad was served, my friend said "please pause for one minute of silence". Then he cranked on Grand Funk Gold full blast and we ate the salad. I thought that I had seen God again.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Good Call!

Post  Grizz Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:56 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Grizz3 wrote:Hey Don ...

Very funny Grizz. Tonight play some clasical music for the first 3 quarters and then turn up the volume with some Grand Funk Gold. A friend put that music on last summer during our visit to Michigan. We sat down to a beautiful dinner with candles and fine wine and when the salad was served, my friend said "please pause for one minute of silence". Then he cranked on Grand Funk Gold full blast and we ate the salad. I thought that I had seen God again.

Grand Funk! We're an American Band! guitar
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next