Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:50 pm

@Wise - It's all about trading Daye, we no longer have a need for him. I like Daye, but I've always felt he would fare better in a conference that played less defense during the regular season.

Kobe is starting stuff again, lol.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Am I being unpatriotic?

Post  Grizz Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Oracle wrote:@Wise - It's all about trading Daye, we no longer have a need for him. I like Daye, but I've always felt he would fare better in a conference that played less defense during the regular season.

Kobe is starting stuff again, lol.

I truly hope Team USA loses ... LBJ alone guarantees that .. secondly .. Seeing multimillionaire athletes at the Olympics completely goes against what the Olympics is supposed to be about. Third, since Isiah Thomas was dissed by the USA Olympic committee .. whatever these clowns decide is BS and they can stuff it, both the new and the original dream teams .. Might as well challenge and beat a high school team and brag about it .. means about as much ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Hello Waste Management Here: Can I Pick Up the Garbage

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Well yes you can by the way, 1st take this whole Piston summer League team after today because they took a Big Dump. Leading the way was Brandon Wright with 5-17 shooting, 3 assists & 5 turnovers, the team played like garbage today, every one of them, they were outplayed in every aspect of the game but mostly the hustle factor, they committed a total of 23 turnovers, with Brandon leading the team with 5, English chipped in with 4 & Middleton, Gates & Daye with 3 a piece, Daye also had 18 points. Drummond looked slow & lethargic & was beaten on the boards several times, Drummond did have 10 points though. Wright was not getting the ball to his players & he needs to put this one behind him, he looked terrible for a summer game. Watched that tape on the Russian again today & really like him & think he could really help this team, right now I'm leaning toward him over Drummomd but that could change, that guy seems really motivated.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Not making excuses, but...

Post  Oracle Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:Well yes you can by the way, 1st take this whole Piston summer League team after today because they took a Big Dump. Leading the way was Brandon Wright with 5-17 shooting, 3 assists & 5 turnovers, the team played like garbage today, every one of them, they were outplayed in every aspect of the game but mostly the hustle factor, they committed a total of 23 turnovers, with Brandon leading the team with 5, English chipped in with 4 & Middleton, Gates & Daye with 3 a piece, Daye also had 18 points. Drummond looked slow & lethargic & was beaten on the boards several times, Drummond did have 10 points though. Wright was not getting the ball to his players & he needs to put this one behind him, he looked terrible for a summer game. Watched that tape on the Russian again today & really like him & think he could really help this team, right now I'm leaning toward him over Drummomd but that could change, that guy seems really motivated.

It was a back to back to back game, so they may be a bit wiped.

Look on the good side, Austin Daye was the game high scorer, and his tradeability is rising!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty How I look...

Post  Oracle Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:09 pm

When I see this,

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I look like this,

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:34 am

Oracle wrote:
Sissy1946 wrote:Well yes you can by the way, 1st take this whole Piston summer League team after today because they took a Big Dump. Leading the way was Brandon Wright with 5-17 shooting, 3 assists & 5 turnovers, the team played like garbage today, every one of them, they were outplayed in every aspect of the game but mostly the hustle factor, they committed a total of 23 turnovers, with Brandon leading the team with 5, English chipped in with 4 & Middleton, Gates & Daye with 3 a piece, Daye also had 18 points. Drummond looked slow & lethargic & was beaten on the boards several times, Drummond did have 10 points though. Wright was not getting the ball to his players & he needs to put this one behind him, he looked terrible for a summer game. Watched that tape on the Russian again today & really like him & think he could really help this team, right now I'm leaning toward him over Drummomd but that could change, that guy seems really motivated.

Look on the good side, Austin Daye was the game high scorer, and his tradeability is rising!
I hear ya, but you know me, I will give them credit & be in their case when they look terrible, despite the back to back games their were a few things that need to be cleaned up, I've watched Knight the 3 games & he doesn't look like the same Brandon we watched last year, might be the caliber of players he's playing with but he's better than what he's showed, not really concerned mind ya but he's not getting the ball into the others hands to well, Gates had a bad game, had a good game & another bad games, don't think he's gonna make it but I like his rebounding & is a big body that could help, need to see more from him, talk about back to back, I think Singler was wiped out today & a step short but like his overall game. Drummond, a work in progress, does a few things good & a few not so good, good be a factor next year big time. Daye is looking a lot better but still needs to get in there & get involved a little more, his shot is looking pretty good the last 2 games. Middleton look like he has another agenda, to bad, I watched some video & looked halfway decent, he needs to really pick it up. English I would say is having the same problem Singler is, back to back looks like it wore him down but expect good things from him, has got a nice shot, goes to the hole well, a lot of positives for the team so far but you probably couldn't see it today, so we'll see what they got tomorrow.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty It's on now!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:07 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Knight

Post  Oracle Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:44 am

Sissy1946 wrote:
I've watched Knight the 3 games & he doesn't look like the same Brandon we watched last year...

Sissy, I agree, he seems lost a bit, and I do believe getting to know this group of players, and where to get them the ball, etc., is a big part of the problem.

That's why Summer League play is generally guard dominated! They simply give up on ball movement and distribution, and start jacking up shots.

Credit Knight with trying, but he's struggling to show off his PG Skills.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Good One, Oracle!!.. HAD QUITE A CHUCKLE .. the Chicken Skank Lady is something else ..

Post  Grizz Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:33 am

Oracle wrote:When I see this,

I look like this,

Last edited by Grizz on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty IMO .. EVEN WITHOUT CAPTAIN THOMAS, ORIGINAL WINS BY PLUS 16 .. WITH THOMAS .. PLUS 24....

Post  Grizz Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:34 am

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Not making excuses, but...

Post  WTF Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:40 am

Oracle wrote:

Can't get down on these Summer League games at best you'll just see flashes of what many of the players are capable of. This one of the reason why I can't be impressed with anything that Daye does and I sure other GM's are thinking just like I'm thinking. Some teams my draw some interest just how much and the value we would get back not sure (2nd round pick) at best.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty It's on now!!!

Post  WTF Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:51 am

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

This is why I hate the media and the casual fans of the NBA because they come up with the dumbest debates all the freaking time. Those games wouldn't even be closes just on fundamentals alone the original dream team were light years ahead, forget even mentioning more talented.

I'll give it to Kobe because he's closer to being able to compete with the 80 and 90 players, but the rest of these jokers are just that a joke. I think Charles was being to nice because these current players don't have the fundamental to win.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty On The Bright Side...

Post  Murph Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 am

Drummond had 10 pts and 9 rebounds yesterday...just missing a double-double.

Also, after 3 games, Drummond's leading the Orlando Summer League in blocks...shot blocking and interior defense being this teams biggest need moving forward.

And Drummond is 3rd in the Summer League in steals...behind 2 guards. That's not bad for an 18 year old kid.

I'd like to see how the Ukrainian plays in training camp. Who knows, he'll probably give Drummond a run for his money right now. But Kravtsov has 6 years of professional experience on Drummond.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty BITS & PIECES TO THINK ON

Post  deusXango Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:16 am

With Brandon Knight's evolving PG game, Greg Monroe remains the best offensive facilitator on the team. If this is to be an uptempo, fast-break team, wouldn't it make sense to have Scott Machado on board? He was recognized as the best fast break, open floor decision maker in college ball last year.

The comparisons made with Aaron Afflalo could be to the detriment of Kim English sticking with the team. Flaws were always found with Afflalo's game (by the local media), and as soon as it became apparent that he was probably a better fit with the team than Stuckey, BAM!, he was gone. Middleton will make the team because he's got the good sense to keep his head down, and stumble around.

Kyle Singler has shown well, but why the extended minutes in summer league? Matter of fact, we're starting two SF's and playing them for extended minutes, and ignoring our need for rebounding PF's. Macklin was here last year, worked out at the Palace from the end of the season to the beginning of summer league, and still he sits; playing behind a 4th year pro in summer league has got to suck. Don't make Mr. Gates mad.

Opening night, if Monroe starts at center, something's wrong. If Ben starts, something's really wrong! Center by commitee; Kravstov and Drummond (maybe Wallace should they foul out), should get a chance to play through their mistakes. Maggette should get his minutes behind Prince, and Jerebko should get his behind Monroe. Maxiell should be traded by opening night, if for nothing more than his uncalled for LeBron like, "will he stay or will he go?" diva like drama. Since none of our guards are facilitators, for real, our 3 guard rotation should be Knight, Stuckey, and English. Any problems with that? Oops, that's a nine man rotation already; sorry fellas.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty GOOD LOOKIN' MURPH

Post  deusXango Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:28 am

Murph wrote:Drummond had 10 pts and 9 rebounds yesterday...just missing a double-double.

Also, after 3 games, Drummond's leading the Orlando Summer League in blocks...shot blocking and interior defense being this teams biggest need moving forward.

And Drummond is 3rd in the Summer League in steals...behind 2 guards. That's not bad for an 18 year old kid.

I'd like to see how the Ukrainian plays in training camp. Who knows, he'll probably give Drummond a run for his money right now. But Kravtsov has 6 years of professional experience on Drummond.

No one should be playing in the middle this year but Drummond and Kravstov. I'm for Kravstov starting because of his experience, and Drummonds tender years, but in time......
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty More Stuff

Post  WTF Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 am

Glad to see the Nets come to their senses and signing Lopez. If Lopez can remain healthy I would take a starting line up of Williams, Wallace, Lopez, Johnson and Humphries all day over Miami's Big Three. Here is where Joe should now take advantage of dumping some unwanted players for draft picks. Giving the right pieces for thier bench the Nets could be contending next season. Hey Joe you have some pieces.

No sure why Joe doesn't have his nose in all the thing that are going on around the league, we might not have the picks to offer up, but we have at least three players that would fit nice on a few contending teams. Like Tay in LA or CV in OKC, Bynum, Daye to Houston or anything similar would be nice.

My question, Is Joe still over valuing certain players? Watching Dallas sign Kaman for 1 year at 8 Million make you wonder if we couldn't have worked a sign and trade to get him.

-------

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40