Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed May 09, 2012 9:02 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Heard some young ladies at work discussing something they've heard on TV that it's rumored Fat Joe will be getting the axe in the coming weeks. Boy this rocks guitar if true.

Has anyone heard anything? I can only assume not as the forum isn't lit up with JOY. I wouldn't expect to see Joey Supporters posting anything if this is true they're too busy crying in their rose colored glassess.

I can't find anything confirming this Sad

Wisefan I have heard nothing about JD getting fired. My thought is that Mr. Gores has set the standard for next season. The Pistons will have to make the playoffs or Joe is gone. I can't imagine how that will happen unless massive change takes place. The fact remains, no team owners want Joe's players with the exception of maybe 4 players. The pressure is on!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty You can't find anything Jerk-Off because it's not TRUE!!!

Post  Phil-Good Wed May 09, 2012 9:42 pm

"Has anyone heard anything?"

LOL! Now you sticking your scummy ear-drums into women gossip, praying that Joe Dumars will get fired lol lol lol All I can do is Laugh At you because your that pitiful Sour-Cynic!

You better get on your Sour-Broom-Stick and pray that Detroit don't land that #1 pick because if we do Joe will become the best GM in the NBA again over nite!

Then you really going to be SOUR because the next rumor you will get is Joe Dumars for an extension.

Sour Cynic. By the way, your A First Round JERK! Top two Jerk-Off lotto pick! lol
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty JOE D is here to STAY........................!!

Post  Rett Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Heard some young ladies at work discussing something they've heard on TV that it's rumored Fat Joe will be getting the axe in the coming weeks. Boy this rocks guitar if true.

Has anyone heard anything? I can only assume not as the forum isn't lit up with JOY. I wouldn't expect to see Joey Supporters posting anything if this is true they're too busy crying in their rose colored glassess.

I can't find anything confirming this Sad

Because it is NOT true!!
Sheesh!!!!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty JOE HERE TO STAY?????

Post  deusXango Thu May 10, 2012 12:28 am

"The Pistons (Joe Dumars) would love to bring back Maxiell next year." Yeah. Sheeesh. Rett, Phillip Boy, you all really know how to pick 'em.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Thu May 10, 2012 2:20 am

deusXango wrote:"The Pistons (Joe Dumars) would love to bring back Maxiell next year." Yeah. Sheeesh. Rett, Phillip Boy, you all really know how to pick 'em.

Xango. What you want Joe to say? I can't stand Mad Max. I hope and pray he don't come back next season. I really hope somebody out there offers him A long term extension because I really don't want him back next year.

I can see 300000 NBA teams in line to offer Mad Max A long term contract. Neutral

Joe is saying what he has to say. It's not hard, all you have to do is think about it for 2 seconds!!

Last time Jason Mad Max had A really good season was when he was up for a new contract just like this year. No you don't want him back but if he has to come back you welcome the opportunity to trade A expiring contract back with open arms.

Common sense. All you have to do it think like A boss and not A fan!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu May 10, 2012 4:28 am

Don, NBADRAFT.NET has always placed their top rated talent in order without considering team needs... they usually don't change this until just before the draft.... wouldn't put much stock in their selections yet.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty 2nd Rounders

Post  Murph Thu May 10, 2012 10:26 am

cool breeze wrote:This site keeps changing Piston potential picks. For much of the season, they had Detroit taking big men and then changed in April showing Detroit to be interested in guards and small forwards. Today they list the Pistons 9th pick as Arnett Moultrie from Miss. State. Have any of you watched this guy play? Read the caption on him regarding "Weaknesses". Will Barton is listed as Detroit's 39th pick and I have watched him play several games and was impressed. Detroit's 3rd pick at number 44 is listed as Mitchell Watt. I don't know anything about this player do you?

Don...my choices for our 2nd round picks are Henry Sims, Scott Machado and Furkan Aldemir.

Henry Sims is another 6'11 Georgetown center who can pass. He won't be nearly as good as Monroe, but he seems like a good risk, as Georgetown centers tend to work out well in the NBA...Ewing, Mourning, Mutumbo, Monroe, Hibbert, and Don Reid. Obviously, Sims won't be as good as those centers on the list, with the possible exception of Reid. But odds are Sims will be well coached, and a skilled passer and rebounder, coming out of Georgetown. He's listed at 6'11, 255.

Scott Machado is rated as the 2nd best passing point guard in the draft behind Kendall Marshall. He's from a 3rd tier school, so the risk is great. However, I'd like to have a young, pass-first, pure PG on the Pistons roster to back-up Knight.

And finally, I'd take a chance on the Turk, Furkan Aldemir. Aldemir is a 20 year old, 6'10, 230 lb power forward. He's rated as a good rebounder and a good defender. And it's been my experience that Turkish big men tend to play well in the NBA...Okur, Turkoglu, Kanter, Asik, etc.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu May 10, 2012 11:35 am

deusXango wrote:"The Pistons (Joe Dumars) would love to bring back Maxiell next year." Yeah. Sheeesh. Rett, Phillip Boy, you all really know how to pick 'em.

Not like Fat Joe has a choice in the matter considering Jason has a player option for 5 Million. I got my money on the rumor being true Sour Pee Boy and Sour Rett.....aka Sour Patch Kids
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty JOE DUMARS on JASON MAXIELL

Post  deusXango Thu May 10, 2012 11:43 am

Phil1980boy wrote:

Xango. What you want Joe to say? I can't stand Mad Max. I hope and pray he don't come back next season. I really hope somebody out there offers him A long term extension because I really don't want him back next year.

If Joe had stayed mum on the subject, and not said nothin', I'd have all the respect in the world for him. I mean Maxiell has the gall to discuss (somewhere) that he's considering opting out of an underserved $5 million a year contract, after playing 1/2 of a full NBA season out of 4! Maxiell is a selfish fool, and Joe should treat him accordingly. By responding, Joe sounds like he may cave-in and give him a long term contract.

I respect and admire your views on the subject, completely, Phillip1980Boy. No slight intended.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu May 10, 2012 11:53 am

deusXango wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:

If Joe had stayed mum on the subject, and not said nothin', I'd have all the respect in the world for him. I mean Maxiell has the gall to discuss (somewhere) that he's considering opting out of an underserved $5 million a year contract, after playing 1/2 of a full NBA season out of 4! Maxiell is a selfish fool, and Joe should treat him accordingly. By responding, Joe sounds like he may cave-in and give him a long term contract.

I respect and admire your views on the subject, completely, Phillip1980Boy. No slight intended.

DX that's because Joe really does want to keep Maxiell,sadly if Big Ben decided he wanted to play 3 more season Joe would offer up that deal. Please Gores hurry up and fire this clown.....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty 2nd Rounders

Post  deusXango Thu May 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Murph wrote:
cool breeze wrote:This site keeps changing Piston potential picks. For much of the season, they had Detroit taking big men and then changed in April showing Detroit to be interested in guards and small forwards. Today they list the Pistons 9th pick as Arnett Moultrie from Miss. State. Have any of you watched this guy play? Read the caption on him regarding "Weaknesses". Will Barton is listed as Detroit's 39th pick and I have watched him play several games and was impressed. Detroit's 3rd pick at number 44 is listed as Mitchell Watt. I don't know anything about this player do you?

Don...my choices for our 2nd round picks are Henry Sims, Scott Machado and Furkan Aldemir.

Henry Sims is another 6'11 Georgetown center who can pass. He won't be nearly as good as Monroe, but he seems like a good risk, as Georgetown centers tend to work out well in the NBA...Ewing, Mourning, Mutumbo, Monroe, Hibbert, and Don Reid. Obviously, Sims won't be as good as those centers on the list, with the possible exception of Reid. But odds are Sims will be well coached, and a skilled passer and rebounder, coming out of Georgetown. He's listed at 6'11, 255.

Scott Machado is rated as the 2nd best passing point guard in the draft behind Kendall Marshall. He's from a 3rd tier school, so the risk is great. However, I'd like to have a young, pass-first, pure PG on the Pistons roster to back-up Knight.

And finally, I'd take a chance on the Turk, Furkan Aldemir. Aldemir is a 20 year old, 6'10, 230 lb power forward. He's rated as a good rebounder and a good defender. And it's been my experience that Turkish big men tend to play well in the NBA...Okur, Turkoglu, Kanter, Asik, etc.
Murph, those are some great choices all. I didn't know that we had 3 second rounders though, but I hope we do as those guys are solid and can help our team.

Don Reid?! He was garbage and over-rated by Tom Wilson and Rick Sund, and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the other Georgetown centers you listed. For the Pistons Bison Dele was twice the player of "the Chief" but he was dogged by fans for his peculiarities until the day he died; Reid was mediocre and the fans loved him.....during "the teal years." The teal years was the age of mediocrity and under-achievement with a superstar.

Asik is an upcoming FA...........
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Don Reid...

Post  Murph Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 pm

deusXango wrote:Don Reid?! He was garbage and over-rated by Tom Wilson and Rick Sund, and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the other Georgetown centers you listed. For the Pistons Bison Dele was twice the player of "the Chief" but he was dogged by fans for his peculiarities until the day he died; Reid was mediocre and the fans loved him.....during "the teal years." The teal years was the age of mediocrity and under-achievement with a superstar.

Yes...I agree that Brian Williams was a very good player, before he changed his name and quit basketball.

It's too bad his family, friends, and professional advisors were unable to recognize the signs of mental illness (probably schizophrenia?), and didn't get professional help for both him and his brother. As you might know, the disease is inherited, and often appears in siblings. Had something been done, probably both Dele and his brother, Miles Dabord, would still be alive today.

I always liked Don Reid...

Last edited by Murph on Fri May 11, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty A Question About Rip's Contract

Post  Sebastian Thu May 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Does anybody know, if WE (the Pistons organization) will have to pay Rip the remaining $4 million (1 year) or so, if the Bulls trade him to another team over the summer?
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu May 10, 2012 9:45 pm

merc wrote:Don, NBADRAFT.NET has always placed their top rated talent in order without considering team needs... they usually don't change this until just before the draft.... wouldn't put much stock in their selections yet.

Merc it seems that more than Murph likes Sims for a 2nd round pick. Do you have any thoughts on which players might be a good fit for Detroit in this draft?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty They're outraged about this Time Cover, but...

Post  Oracle Thu May 10, 2012 10:17 pm

All I want to do is push that kid out of the way, and get me a drink!!!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty YES .. Rip's money is still on the books and cap limit for 2013

Post  grizz3 Fri May 11, 2012 12:20 am

Sheed, [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Congratulations

Post  Grizz Fri May 11, 2012 7:50 am

.. to Oracle .. for winning the season prediction pool, right on the money! Bow Down

and posting that disgusting milk breast thing door

I never checked for messages before today .. thanks Flip for this .. and Flydog for getting us going on it ..

I didnt do the play-off pool cuz it just seemed like no one was into it .. but will next year if anyone wants me to ..

Here's the final list of predictions. Just thought I'd send a copy to everyone to follow, if interested.

35-31: Sissy1946
32-34: pistonfan forever
30-36: deusXango
28-38: FLY DOG OF THE CAPE
25-41: TheOracle
23-43: Sparma
23-43: UpperMichigan
22-44: Merc
20-46: Strokin 3's
18-48: Don
17-49: Grizz
17-49: LMP
16-50: frankie
12-54: TroofHurts
12-54: Flip
10-56: Sebastian

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty 2nd Rounders...

Post  Murph Fri May 11, 2012 1:33 pm

So Dx...I know you like Royce White as a 1st round pick.

Who do you like in the 2nd round? scratch

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri May 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Oracle wrote:All I want to do is push that kid out of the way, and get me a drink!!!

Great idea Oracle! You have my permission to take over.

I feel sorry for the Father of that lame kid. However, maybe he will land a big contract from Joe Dumars in about 10 years. I hear that Darko was close to his Mother and might have been breast feeding when Joe visited him in Europe before that draft. He replaced the breast milk with cigs once Mom was not around. Darko had to have something in his mouth. Maybe Joe should have brought Mom to Detroit to keep Joe's first rounder healthy and strong. I hear that Wade, Anthony and Bosh did not get much Mother's milk as kids and were hungry into adulthood. I guess that anyone including Joe could make the mistake thinking that a guy who sucked his mother's breast into the teenage years would be better adjusted and could do great things on the court in the NBA. There goes another theory down the toilet. What will Joe's next theory be to get the Pistons back on top?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty 2nd Rounders...

Post  deusXango Sat May 12, 2012 12:04 am

Murph, there are a half dozen guys, that under some pro-active circumstances, I'd like to see in the Pistons red, white, and blue. 3 projected in the first round who if they fell to us in the second, I'd jump on are:
Jeffrey Taylor 6' 7" out of Vandy
Andrew Nicholson 6' 9" out of St. Bonnie
Festus Ezeli 6' 11" out of Vandy
I know that Taylor is the shortest, but he's the most athletic, and in my mind he'd be the perfect compliment for Knight in the backcourt as a peremiter defender. He'd make Bynum expendable, move Stuckey to a 6th man role, and allow us to totally ignore Gordon until his contract is up.
Nicholson and Ezeli bring game that Villanueva and Maxiell just don't. Enought said?

The consensus 2nd rounders that we should have our pick of is Henry Sims, 6' 11" out of Georgetown....I think the boy got plenty potential in the pro game, and Furkan Aldemir, 6' 10" from Turkey has size and potential also. There are names like Draymon Green and Scott Machado that's been mentioned, but we've been small too long for me to go for them; Green is much too short for PF, and too slow for SF. Even though Machado can pass his @$$ off, he's too slow and short for the pro game, even coming off the bench (I envision and hope for Vasquez a 6' 5" PG to be paired with Stuckey off the bench).

So, I guess my second round choices would be, in a perfect world, Jeffrey Taylor and Henry Sims, unless we acquired more picks. Yo' comments are appreciated Murph.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Stuckey

Post  Sebastian Sat May 12, 2012 12:20 pm

DX, I am probably one of the biggest Stuckey fans on this forum, but I agree WE want become a playoff threat, until Stuckey becomes OUR 6th man, Our James Harden if you will.

If Stuckey were to become OUR 6th man, he could come in as a force from the bench, scorer, point, and a serious threat to get to the line.

However before Stuckey can become OUR James Harden, WE will need someone else to start at the "2". Maybe WE should go after Landry Fields, an unrestricted free agent, he is a very good player, cerebral, a pretty good defender, and he has been proven to be a durable player as he has yet to miss a game in his first two season.

Do it Joe, go get Landry Fields!

Last edited by Sebastian on Sun May 13, 2012 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty I accept the Award

Post  Oracle Sat May 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Grizz wrote:.. to Oracle .. for winning the season prediction pool, right on the money! Bow Down

With all due humility, I accept the award for being the only one to predict the EXACT record of the Pistons, that being a 6 roll pack of Charmin!

My award will come in handy, to be used to wipe off my next prediction, which I will pull from the same spot, my arse!

Hey, if I'm this good, my next prediction is that when I send the wife and kids away to visit Gramma, I'll find Scarlett Jo, Jennifer Love H, and Halle Berry in my bed, waiting to fulfill my every desire!

Oops, that's fantasy, not prediction.... I get confused easily, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Clippers... missing Chauncey?

Post  Oracle Sat May 12, 2012 9:30 pm

The Clippers had a 3-1 lead, and now are facing elimination in a game 7, and IMO, they will be eliminated, possibly by a decent margin.

The Clippers are very talented, but immaturity may cost them this time.

The odd thing is where the immaturity is coming from... Chris Paul!

He's made so many late game mistakes that have doomed this team, it isn't even funny. It's almost like the early heroics he made late in games went to his head, and he became stupid when they had the commanding lead.

If the Clippers can pull this out, it will be because Paul gets his act together, but IMO, they really needed the calming influence of a championship caliber guard like CB in those late game situations!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty And the Winner Is

Post  Sissy1946 Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Oracle wrote:
Grizz wrote:.. to Oracle .. for winning the season prediction pool, right on the money! Bow Down

With all due humility, I accept the award for being the only one to predict the EXACT record of the Pistons, that being a 6 roll pack of Charmin!

My award will come in handy, to be used to wipe off my next prediction, which I will pull from the same spot, my arse!

Hey, if I'm this good, my next prediction is that when I send the wife and kids away to visit Gramma, I'll find Scarlett Jo, Jennifer Love H, and Halle Berry in my bed, waiting to fulfill my every desire!

Oops, that's fantasy, not prediction.... I get confused easily, LOL!
Awesome Oracle but I've got to tell ya that when I made my prediction it was assuming Mr. azz Hole, Discount Double Cheeks, Alias Jelly-Filled Chocloate was going to bring us in a couple bigs & I swear I remember posting that, that we would finish 35-31, well he didn't, he failed in all aspects of making this team better, I tried to show a little confidence in him but knew there was no way he would even bother to fix this team, he's definitely on my Schitt List & can't wait for him to Fuk up the draft, sorry I just don't trust him anymore. Anyway, Good Job, your Jelly-Filleds are on their way with a note from Jelly-Filled saying, hey Oracle, I need some help in the the draft. Ha! Well Done! hehe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Ty Lawson...

Post  Grizz Sun May 13, 2012 1:59 am

..is going crazy for the Nuggets .. for the 2nd straight game .. and boy oh boy .. are we all glad that Dumars drafted Joe Austin Daye .. instead of a very talented PG we needed for that draft and still still do .. (sarcasm off) Twisted Evil
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next