Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:21 am

deusXango wrote:Can anyone shed some light on how much flexability a team has with the amnesty clause? I suggested a f'instance the other day about trading some of our unwanted contracts along with a player the other team desired (Stuckey, Villanueva, Daye, and Bynum) to Washington for their over-priced cancer of a player (Blatche), and once we had his rights, amnesty him; trade a young player in Stuckey to be free of 3 unwanted contracts by combining them in 1 contract. Because it hasn't been done yet doesn't mean it's not possible does it? If Dumars could pull that off it would put the team waay ahead of schedule in terms of the rebuild; we'd be major players in the FA shopping game. If that could be pulled off, we could live with Gordon until his contract expired or we traded him. You Stuckey lovers don't get angry or defensive, it was just a question.

DX, the new CBA is clear about the amnesty clause... you can only amnesty one player that was signed by your team before the new collective bargaining agreement.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Geography of the basketball court, interactive edition

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:40 am

This is an interesting interactive mapping.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Thanks for link, Oracle .. yeah .. quite interesting ..

Post  Grizz Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:37 am

Oracle wrote:This is an interesting interactive mapping.

Didnt realize how much from the 3 point line some of these players make a living from ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Shocking

Post  Grizz Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:39 am

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Idle hands are the devil's playground hehe Wait a minute .. but that means ?!! Shocked Sorry about the improvising use of our limited selection of emoticons! lol

Last edited by Grizz on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty My latest flaming of NBA ... Just bored I guess ..

Post  Grizz Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 am

Dear NBA,

you will notice that game 3's ratings were down .. for the very reason that anyone with half a brain saw the Heat drawing fouls that were NOT fouls, and yet able to foul Thunder players without being called for fouls. It is simple, the more the NBA and its referees make the NBA game a farce through 1-sided officiating, the more the American public are going to tune out the NBA. I swear I will simply STOP watching or caring about the NBA, if Durant gets more nonexistent fouls called on him just because LBJ and Wade are so used to getting all the calls. I am not the only one by far who feels this way, at all. Watch your back, NBA, you may yet lose it all trying to create a legendary team of superstars, just for a few more millions in the NBA coffers, in order to glorify the Heat, in the most fake and corrupt manner imaginable.

So No more stupid or unfair calls! What are you going to do, persuade me to keep being a Piston fan at least? Twisted Evil
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Was Europe a complete waste of time development-wise for Singler?

Post  Grizz Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:16 am

In 36 regular-season games for Madrid, Singler averaged eight points in 19.8 minutes. He shot 54% from the field and 43.1% on three-pointers in one of the top leagues in Europe.

21.65 ft (6.60 m) to 22.15 ft (6.75 m): FIBA

22 ft (6.70 m) to 23.75 (7.24 m): NBA

I guess Singler can handle the longer 3 point line in the NBA ... but he did not exactly get a lot of minutes except as a shooter, so it seems to me. Shooting Percentage looks great but since he only got 20 minutes a game shooting that well, does that mean he can do little else? A little worried because I dont see how this helps him as trade material or as a future Piston. Another wasted pick?

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty REGARDING AMNESTY

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:17 am

merc wrote:
deusXango wrote:Can anyone shed some light on how much flexability a team has with the amnesty clause? I suggested a f'instance the other day about trading some of our unwanted contracts along with a player the other team desired (Stuckey, Villanueva, Daye, and Bynum) to Washington for their over-priced cancer of a player (Blatche), and once we had his rights, amnesty him; trade a young player in Stuckey to be free of 3 unwanted contracts by combining them in 1 contract. Because it hasn't been done yet doesn't mean it's not possible does it? If Dumars could pull that off it would put the team waay ahead of schedule in terms of the rebuild; we'd be major players in the FA shopping game. If that could be pulled off, we could live with Gordon until his contract expired or we traded him. You Stuckey lovers don't get angry or defensive, it was just a question.

DX, the new CBA is clear about the amnesty clause... you can only amnesty one player that was signed by your team before the new collective bargaining agreement.

Thanks Merc, I guess it's a real bind that Joe's put himself into as far as player contracts go. Who'd have thought that the Pistons would have this problem?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty HOW LITTLE RESPECT IS GIVEN TO OUR FRANCHISE

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 am

For weeks on end Jared Sullinger has been outside of the lottery on all the mock draft boards, but the day he's "red flagged" medically, he's elevated to the magical #9 held by the Pistons, on draftnet.com. Healthy he's not good enough for us, but with a bad back he's good to go for us?! Dumb asses!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 am

Grizz wrote:In 36 regular-season games for Madrid, Singler averaged eight points in 19.8 minutes. He shot 54% from the field and 43.1% on three-pointers in one of the top leagues in Europe.

21.65 ft (6.60 m) to 22.15 ft (6.75 m): FIBA

22 ft (6.70 m) to 23.75 (7.24 m): NBA

I guess Singler can handle the longer 3 point line in the NBA ... but he did not exactly get a lot of minutes except as a shooter, so it seems to me. Shooting Percentage looks great but since he only got 20 minutes a game shooting that well, does that mean he can do little else? A little worried because I dont see how this helps him as trade material or as a future Piston. Another wasted pick?

Grizz I only know what the college coaches were thinking before they played Duke when Singler was in college. Singler was known as an outstanding defensive player who could guard several positions. He also could size up a defense real quick and exploit any weakness. Who knows what happened last season but I will be surprised if Singler does not make the rotation on this Piston team. He is known as a team first guy who has not mental issues. I wouldn't trade him until the coaching staff can evaluate how he fits in.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:39 am

Grizz wrote:Dear NBA,

you will notice that game 3's ratings were down .. for the very reason that anyone with half a brain saw the Heat drawing fouls that were NOT fouls, and yet able to foul Thunder players without being called for fouls. It is simple, the more the NBA and its referees make the NBA game a farce through 1-sided officiating, the more the American public are going to tune out the NBA. I swear I will simply STOP watching or caring about the NBA, if Durant gets more nonexistent fouls called on him just because LBJ and Wade are so used to getting all the calls. I am not the only one by far who feels this way, at all. Watch your back, NBA, you may yet lose it all trying to create a legendary team of superstars, just for a few more millions in the NBA coffers, in order to glorify the Heat, in the most fake and corrupt manner imaginable.

So No more stupid or unfair calls! What are you going to do, persuade me to keep being a Piston fan at least? Twisted Evil

Grizz I would suspect that the refs won't favor the Heat as much because they are now ahead in the series. There has been a lot of talk about the calls made against Durant especially the last game when that 4th foul was called against him at the time Oklahoma had a nice run going. There was no foul of course as everyone who watched the game could witness. In the Indiana series, the Indiana fans were chanting about the lack of fouls called against Labron. I think that their fans kept a running total of the amount of fouls that James had been called for for the entire playoffs. I think that if this series gets back to the Thunder's court, their fans should create something about the bogus officiating. Labron is getting the Michael Jordon treatment when it comes being able to push, shove and use his hands and arms freely against his opponent. I have never been a Michael Jordon fan. A friend of mine played golf with Jordon and Jimmy Connors. Those two superstars were betting a lot of money during the round. Connors took a lot of money from Jordon. My friend was not involved in the betting and just said that he wished that he hadn't played with either person as both were real asses and not very likable. Jordon would carry large sums of cash in his golf bag. I loved it when the Pistons kicked Michael's ass. He is still pissed off about those days of Piston glory. Much like the way the Heat seem to get favorable calls or calls that disrupt the Thunder when they are playing well, Chicago received that same benefit when the Pistons finally lost that series in the playoffs. I remember some calls against Dumars that were clearly bogus. I can't figure out who is behind this scam. Is it the Miami players who have payed off the refs? The Big Three have a lot of money to throw around. Or is it the front office of the NBA trying to pick teams that America might like more than others. If that were true, then David Stern should fix the games in favor of the Thunder. It is fun to watch OKC.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty The Latest Charlie V Rumors

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:31 pm

The Latest Charlie V Rumors

From the Detroit Free Press
“Denied reports coach John Calipari cut him from the Dominican Republic national team because he was overweight. He just didn't want to be out of the country with Burger King introducing a new bacon sundae.”

From Biff Burns
This is the menu for today for the Uzbekistan National team.

Mung Bean Porridge
Pilaff with Qunices
BBQ Yak with Goat’s Head Soup

Charlie V tweet: I have decided to stay in the USA and forgo my trip to Uzbekistan. I don’t think the food there would be on my diet plan.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty What evidence do I have about V.Mack?

Post  WTF Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:What evidence can I come up with to question if V.Mack is as good as some of you thing he is. LET ME THINK!!!

I have 7.

1.C.Billups.

2. RIP Hamilton

3.Ben Wallace

4.T.Prince

5. Will Bynum

6.C.Williamson

7.Jones Jerebko

Here is A list of 7 FREAKING PLAYERS That nobody thought could play in the NBA but The Pistons looked deeper and found jewels!!!!

The Detroit Pistons have A track record of finding A diamond in the rough. So why in the hell would I say V.Mack might not be as good as some of us think?

The same reason why If the Spurs cut a 7' footer player I know he can't play.

Because the Spurs know what the hell they doing!!! And so does the Detroit Pistons!!

Damn you''re Stupid P-Boy and as usaul over-stating. If the Pistons knew what they were doing we wouldn't be in the shape we are now so that blows that dumb ass theory away. You're list has at least 6 question marks considering Ben was a throw in Joe wanting Chucky implying that he knew Big Ben had the potential he had is Horse Drippings.

Implying that CB, Rip, and Corliss were unwanted is even more stupid. CB was a victim of cap space, as was Corliss and the trade for Stackhouse and Rip please don't get stupid that was asalary dump that happen to work out.

As for Bynum that alone speak volume about what Joe doesn't know and I'm not so sure JJ is any better than Macklin is. I guess it's just better to say he is considering that dumb GM over paid in re-signing him over the summer by 2 million a season.

PBOY you're an IDIOT!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty You just can't make this stuff up, LOL!

Post  WTF Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Who in the hell is paying $9,000 a month for this nonsense, WOW
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty LeBron on OKC's Ibaka: 'He's stupid'

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Well stupid may be a little strong, but Ibaka did make a dumb statement about LeBron, although LeBron should have been smart enough to let it go until after the series(which really is stupid).

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty LeBron on OKC's Ibaka: 'He's stupid'

Post  WTF Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Oracle wrote:Well stupid may be a little strong, but Ibaka did make a dumb statement about LeBron, although LeBron should have been smart enough to let it go until after the series(which really is stupid).

This is why I don't like Lebron, ESPN takes a comment and turns it into more than it is and then Lebrons responds to it as expected like he's Stupid. Lebrons a great team defender but hardly a Dennis Rodman type defender, when he stop letting Melo whip on his ass then maybe he'll be a great one on one defender.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty LBJ IS a great defender because ..

Post  Grizz Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Well stupid may be a little strong, but Ibaka did make a dumb statement about LeBron, although LeBron should have been smart enough to let it go until after the series(which really is stupid).

This is why I don't like Lebron, ESPN takes a comment and turns it into more than it is and then Lebrons responds to it as expected like he's Stupid. Lebrons a great team defender but hardly a Dennis Rodman type defender, when he stop letting Melo whip on his ass then maybe he'll be a great one on one defender.

He IS allowed to foul without a call ... And it is a effin disgrace to the NBA that he can .. AND even more double standards .. LBJ can flare his elbows out at a defensive player playing good defense and yet it is the defender who gets the foul .. NBA is the WWF when it comes to LBJ .. just because they want some kind of legend for him that makes boffo money for the league .. The OKC player is RIGHT!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty All True

Post  Grizz Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:41 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Grizz wrote:Dear NBA,

Grizz I would suspect that the refs won't favor the Heat as much because they are now ahead in the series. There has been a lot of talk about the calls made against Durant especially the last game when that 4th foul was called against him at the time Oklahoma had a nice run going. There was no foul of course as everyone who watched the game could witness. In the Indiana series, the Indiana fans were chanting about the lack of fouls called against Labron. I think that their fans kept a running total of the amount of fouls that James had been called for for the entire playoffs. I think that if this series gets back to the Thunder's court, their fans should create something about the bogus officiating. Labron is getting the Michael Jordon treatment when it comes being able to push, shove and use his hands and arms freely against his opponent. I have never been a Michael Jordon fan. A friend of mine played golf with Jordon and Jimmy Connors. Those two superstars were betting a lot of money during the round. Connors took a lot of money from Jordon. My friend was not involved in the betting and just said that he wished that he hadn't played with either person as both were real asses and not very likable. Jordon would carry large sums of cash in his golf bag. I loved it when the Pistons kicked Michael's ass. He is still pissed off about those days of Piston glory. Much like the way the Heat seem to get favorable calls or calls that disrupt the Thunder when they are playing well, Chicago received that same benefit when the Pistons finally lost that series in the playoffs. I remember some calls against Dumars that were clearly bogus. I can't figure out who is behind this scam. Is it the Miami players who have payed off the refs? The Big Three have a lot of money to throw around. Or is it the front office of the NBA trying to pick teams that America might like more than others. If that were true, then David Stern should fix the games in favor of the Thunder. It is fun to watch OKC.

Don, all very true .. I think it is Stern .. and / or referees who are bought off to do as much as they can and still keep it under radar .... What was that ref's name who was crooked a few years back? Donahy? Can you imagine the uproar if that had happened in the NFL or MLB? Yet somehow that was never a big deal ... As you alluded to, just like with MJ, LBJ gets (way more IMO) such leeway in fouls when shooting and no fouls when defending, all in order to create the money making legend ... F.. That!! And The Sport Journalists of the NBA are such SAPS! They want to keep their priviledges with the teams and the league and they will bury or ignore anything that smacks of corruption or incompetence, yeah ... literally propagandize to stop certain obvious cases of corruption or incompetence like that CNNSI writer recently did on the LBJ fouling no call on Durant in game 2 .. Twisted Evil I HATE THEM, the journalists, just as much the NBA officials involved in this CRAP .. May they all burn ASAP .. We all here love the NBA The Game, and do NOT want it to become a bad joke..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:
The Latest Charlie V Rumors

From the Detroit Free Press
“Denied reports coach John Calipari cut him from the Dominican Republic national team because he was overweight. He just didn't want to be out of the country with Burger King introducing a new bacon sundae.”

He he he... and the hits keep comin... nice.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Need Lee357 for a game review because

Post  Grizz3 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:04 am

.. I cannot bear the pain of watching the Heat win this ... still .. Any opinions out there on whether the officiating was OK? I would guess it was OK based on the box score ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty The 9th Pick, Maxey, and Charlie V.

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 am

I have been all over the place with my opinions of what should be done with the 9th Pick in this years Draft. But, I think that I am confident that the following course of action should take place.

Trade the 9th Pick, Tay, and Daye to Memphis for Rudy Gay. This is a proposition that the Grizzs may listen to. The Grizzlies, a team that is seeking salary cap relief in '12-'13 and beyond and moving Gay for the 9th pick and receiving a serviceable player in Tay at the SF position would be the relief that the Grizzlies would enjoy.

I can hear you all saying: WE need a big more than WE need a high priced SF!

But, Rudy will help to bring back the fans to the Palace. There is no one worth drafting at the 9th spot that will help to return the fans to the Palace. Additionally, Gay playing with Knight, Stuckey, and Monroe is a nice 4 to put on the floor. Also, Ben G. can then come off the bench and concentrate on putting the ball in the hoop.

Don't forget that Rudy is 6'9" and is only 25 years old. Another thing, Rudy wouldn't mind playing and living in the Detroit metro area, after playing his entire career in Memphis and growing up in Baltimore.

Now, I think that Maxey will opt-out of the final year of his contract and he and his agent will seek a multi-year contract somewhere in the 3-4 years/ $12-$14 million total area of contracts. Maxey will be 30 in February and is seeking a longer termed contract, as he will be hard pressed to get additional years as a free agent a year from now, when he's a year older and even worst than he already has been up to this point in his career.

Maxey opting out will give Joe an additional $5 million to work with during the free agent signing period.

Next, amnesty Charlie V.'s ass. This will add an additional $8,060,000 to work with.

With the additional $13,060,000 use this to get into the Ersan Ilyasova market ... $8 - $9 million, maybe $10 should get Ilyasova. Also, use the spare change and the mid-level exception to sign a combination of Landry Fields and Omar Asik. Fields is a smart player, who can play multiple positions and Asik is a great lost-post defender and guards the rim, also the Bulls are so cheap that he can surely be gotten. Draft the best players available in the 2nd round with the 39th and 44th picks.

PG - Knight, Bynum
SG - Stuckey, Ben G.
SF - Rudy Gay, Landry Fields, #39 Pick
PF - Ilyasova, Jerebko, #44 Pick
C - Monroe, Asik

The aforementioned roster is a nice roster that also presents the potential for various combinations, like: Stuckey (PG), Fields (SG), Jerebko (SF), Monroe (PF), Asik (C) or Knight (PG), Ben G. (SG), Gay (SF), Ilyasova (PF), Monroe (C) or Bynum (PG), Stuckey (SG), Ilysova (SF), Jerebko (PF), Monroe (C).

The combinations are endless. The Turkish community could get behind Asik and Ilyasova. The fans already love Jerebko. Knight, Stuckey, Gay, and Monroe will keep it funky and like I said before Fields is a smart dude and it doesn't hurt to have a smart guy on the roster. Oh, and again, Ben G. would only need to concentrate on getting up shots.

Get smart Joe for a change move the 9th pick, Tay, and Daye to Memphis for Rudy Gay.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty No need for Magnum on this one...

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:17 am

Grizz3 wrote:.. I cannot bear the pain of watching the Heat win this ... still .. Any opinions out there on whether the officiating was OK? I would guess it was OK based on the box score ..

This game demonstrated ref control at it's most heinous!

The refs delivered small cuts throughout the game that served to frustrate the Thunder, while the announcers make comments about the calls, they ultimately fall in line, and annoint the King(who, by the way is playing great).

Then they deliver the clincher... bad calls at critical moments! Against weak teams, this usually won't sink you, but against a good team, in their house, it's usually fatal!

Congress wants to investigate Boxing, and after this last crazy arse boxing match, I agree, but don't leave basketball off of that list!

The NBA is DETERMINED to get LeBron his first championship, and I fully expect to see the refs armed with rocks, sling shots, and bannna peels for this next game.

I think the Christians had a better chance with the Lions!

The only way for the Thunder to win is a miracle, and Stern has outlawed miracles... it's over!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:38 am

Oracle wrote:
Grizz3 wrote:.. I cannot bear the pain of watching the Heat win this ... still .. Any opinions out there on whether the officiating was OK? I would guess it was OK based on the box score ..

The refs delivered small cuts throughout the game that served to frustrate the Thunder, while the announcers make comments about the calls, they ultimately fall in line, and annoint the King(who, by the way is playing great).

Then they deliver the clincher... bad calls at critical moments! Against weak teams, this usually won't sink you, but against a good team, in their house, it's usually fatal!

Congress wants to investigate Boxing, and after this last crazy arse boxing match, I agree, but don't leave basketball off of that list!

The NBA is DETERMINED to get LeBron his first championship, and I fully expect to see the refs armed with rocks, sling shots, and bannna peels for this next game.

The only way for the Thunder to win is a miracle, and Stern has outlawed miracles... it's over!

Did anybody notice the extra long time out that was inserted at the 5:32 mark of the 4th quarter, when Lebron was first injured. It was almost, as if there were back-to-back timeouts called and for the life of me I not sure which team called timeout. I don't think it was the Thunder, because it was a perfect opportunity for them to take advantage of an ailing James and it could not have been the Heat, because they did not have possession of the ball, as the timeout appeared to be called after Lebron scored the short banker, again, after he was supposedly hurt.

But, it appeared that ABC or was it the League trying their extra best to afford the Heat's training staff additional time to get Lebron right to so that he could get back onto the floor.

It had to be an 10-12 minute break in the time.

I still think that the Thunder can win this!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Sebastian....I sure hope ...

Post  Grizz Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:37 am

Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:

Did anybody notice the extra long time out that was inserted at the 5:32 mark of the 4th quarter, when Lebron was first injured. It was almost, as if there were back-to-back timeouts called and for the life of me I not sure which team called timeout. I don't think it was the Thunder, because it was a perfect opportunity for them to take advantage of an ailing James and it could not have been the Heat, because they did not have possession of the ball, as the timeout appeared to be called after Lebron scored the short banker, again, after he was supposedly hurt.

But, it appeared that ABC or was it the League trying their extra best to afford the Heat's training staff additional time to get Lebron right to so that he could get back onto the floor.

It had to be an 10-12 minute break in the time.

I still think that the Thunder can win this!

... you are right .... Let the best team win .. not the one corruptly backed by Stern .. I mean .. what is the point of having a NBA season!? Oh, by the way .. EFF YOU >> DAVID THUG STERN ...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Deleted NBA Game 3 from TV hard-drive ...

Post  Grizz Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:50 am

Oracle wrote:

Thanks for the update, Oracle .. Depressing news ... This kind of crap makes me more inclined to think that Jim Rome has a point in asking Stern about the lottery and THEIR NBA run team winning it .. Anyone who will fix a championship series, sure wont lose a minute's sleep over rigging the lottery for their own benefit .. Where is a Judge Landis when you need one? This is worse than the Black Sox scandal of 1919 ... because it comes from the league .. not from just a handful of players .. Once more .. EFF You, David Stern .. Prison is where Stern belongs ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty What others are saying about the Finals .. other fans ..

Post  Grizz Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:52 am

(1) Let's see, where do I start. Bad officiating equals Heat win again! Durant gets mugged every possession on offense whether it is Lebron or the Duke Dork! They can shovel Durant all over the place, but if someone touches Lebron or Dwade and the whistle blows. Yes, the fouls were fairly equal, but how many did Lebron, Wade and Bosh have?

Late in the game the refs can't even call a breakaway foul on Dwade when he tries to grab Harden after he stole the ball. I guess the Davey boy wants the Heat to win. Pathetic!

(2) i swear.... if i hear Jeff Van Gundy praising the heat like he has been doing in game 5, i will personally fly to maimi and shove a sock in his mouth.

(3) Has anyone watch a more unfairly called game? And I'm not asking as a OKC fan, but as a fan of good fair play. Where would Miami be without the refs on their side? The NBA is such a joke. I truly believe it's more scripted than professional wrestling. When every single second of a game is an interpretation call by someone payed to create superstars, i just have no faith. Also, to all the media who believes people dislike LBJ because he hasn't won a championship, let me correct you. People dislike him because he's a baby that just complains all the time even when calls go his way, which they always do. How long would you have your day job if you acted like LeBron? I guarantee not very long. And this guy is supposed to be a role model. If my kid acted like LBJ I'd put him up for adoption because obviously I'd be an unfit parent. I remember Michael Jordan was giving a lot of calls, but he had to earn them by proving to be the best. James had that respect from the NBA before he even played a game. The NBA was so hungry for the next Jordan and they can't back down now. On top of all this David stern should retire and the draft is obviously scripted. Anything to create a touching moment. If my team was in the draft I'd have a kid with some disease pick for me too

(4) Tim Donaghy revelation is alive and well ... the NBA is a FARCE and a CRIME in the MAKING

(5) Can we get Jeff shut up.

(6) If Durant would just wear a Miami jersey the refs would call all defense against him a foul and would also let him foul others with no call. Officials have won 2 games so far, OKC 1, and the Heat 0!

(7) Do not underestimate the power of the commissioner.
Can good overcome evil?
Someday, definitely, but I'd like to see some justice in my lifetime.

(Cool The NBA sucks. I am NOT an OKC nor Heat fan, but to see such bad officiating and so one sided just proves that the NBA is going to GIVE the title to the heat. That's correct I said GIVE. They certainly can not earn it on their own apparantly. To those who are saying that the heat are 'Older and Wiser'. Are you saying that the heat are older and wiser than lets say the Mavericks, Lakers, or the Spurs??? You are either a heat fan or you plainly just don't know squat about basketball.
To demonhunter Royce: Dude. Phil does NOT make dynasties, He jumps on teams that are already poised to become one, with the right players at the right time. Example, Jon Gruden (NFL) left the Raiders and joined the Bucs who were ready to become Champions that year with or without Gruden. Jerry Spriztzer (NFL) Joined the Cowboys on their way to a superbowl. What did they do afterwards, NOTHING. Phil retired cause he knew there are no more Michael Jordans or Kobe Bryants out there to give him another ring. A good coach is like Poppavich, taking no names and getting 4 championships or Riley, taking different teams to the conference finals, if not the championship. Phil only knew where to get on the bus, and when to get off.
The sad thing about it, is that I believe that the heat know that they are going to be GIVEN the title and they are just playing the part. But, why not, that's what NBA stands for...Nothing But Actors. Because of that go OKC.
Well, I'm all said and done...And Like it or Not...It's "The Truth".

(Cool Every time the thunder make a run the whistles come out. The heat are hugely outmatched so the refs are helping to extend the series. This is why I hate the NBA now. Flopping on the bottom and cheating on the top. This sport is as bad as the WWE Vince McMahon and Stern are probably butt buddies but no real sports writers have the guts to call a spade a spade.

(9) Well once again the refs. determined the outcome off the game. Fouls were given on 6 more ocassions to OKC than Miami. More than enough to win the game. One was a blocking foul when lebron went in and slammed the ball. Watch it as many times as you want. It was a charge. The last one I notice was on Durant when Lebron clearly through an elbow. It is a shame because Lebron is a good enough player that he does not need that type of help. From what I have seen Miami should not even made the finals. It is apparently been decided that Miami is going to win come hell or high water. SICK SICK SICK

(10) i have not enjoyed the nba playoff at all. i see the officiating as one sided. if using your stiff arm and elbows is illegal, i haven't seen a call yet. lebron has done just that in every playoff game. if you give that edge to one player, give it to all players. but i rather see a game played by the rules. carry, palm, double dribble traveling, elbows, etc., etc.,, etc........
besides the greatest player to play the game of basketball revolutionized the game. he changed the priority from offense to defense, mr. bill russell. anyone historian of basketball will tell you that.

(11) Since the league is biased for Miami to win, I'd say we all not watch the next game so the ratings go down. The league needs a message sent that they need to call the games fairly and see who the best team really is

(12) The NBA is a @#$% Joke now I know why I don't watch this sorry excuse of a league Teams in this don't win because of their skills they win because of the Refs and Stern So until stern is out of the picture. I won't be watching or following another game the NBA puts on. Now the NHL that's a league where Refs can actually referee a game fairly.

(13) Stern and the NBA have become a joke. You are sitting there with your Viagra hard-on. They got the match-up they wanted and decided to let the ref's give the championship to Miami. 3 straight games the ref's clearly favored the Heat. Westbrook shoots more than 30 times and only goes to the line 3 times... 3!!!!! A real commissioner would have told the ref's to knock it off and call the games equal. Stern you are a disgrace and so is the league you are fixing. YOU and only YOU have decided that James has paid his dues and YOU put the word out to the ref's to favor the Heat. I am done watching your league. Go back on strike and stay there. I hope when people see you on the street they tell you what a joke the NBA and YOU have become.

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next