Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+5
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
lemonpen
Phil-Good
9 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Everyone Wants To Be A Gossip Rag Now

Post  WTF Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Why is this even News worthy Blake situation is personal and has nothing to with his basketball playing.  We don't have to like it but it's not our business how he left his kids and girlfriend and that he's being sued.  

M-Live, Free Press, Det News and Local Media seriously let this **** go and leave it to Blake to handle his personal business.  Stuff like this goes on all the time and this kind of stuff goes too far.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Is it true that the Pistons do have a 2nd round pick this coming summer that hasn't been given away for nothing?

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 pm

I am still perplexed that the Pistons would actually give away their number on pick this season and also agree to take on Blake Griffin's contract. Who would do that who knew anything about both Griffin and his injury history and the contract that the Clippers gave him? What team would take on that contract at this point in Griffin's career? How many seasons did Tom Gores expect Griffin to play effective basketball? Has Tom Gores lost his marbles? SVG and his staff advised against that trade. To agree to give up Tobias Harris and also our number one pick as if that pick had no value at all in Mr. Gores mind is insane. The Clippers are sitting pretty now. They did the impossible in moving Griffin's contract. The Pistons became the farm team for the Clippers much like the old Washington Senators did for the New York Yankees. People who are in the know are still shaking their heads in wonder relating to this bogus trade the Pistons owner cooked up. This is a as bad of a deal as the one President Roosevelt cooked up at the Yalta Conference that gave the ended up placing millions of people into slavery behind the Iron Curtain. President Roosevelt had an excuse. He was almost dead when he made that trip overseas. All he did was sign agreements created by the Russians while saying "Joe" is my friend. I can't trust "Winston". That is in the official transcripts of the Yalta Conference. We can only wonder what the conversations were when Tom Gores made that deal with the Clippers. Did he get box seats for all Clipper games next season.

I see on NBADRAFTNET that the Pistons are listed currently with the 42nd pick in the 2018 draft. Is that right? I thought our management didn't want any draft picks for the future. But is this really true that Detroit does actually have a 2nd round pick this coming summer? If so I will celebrate. Who besides me dreads watching the next game scheduled against Boston? I have never felt that way even when Charlie V was with the Pistons talking about his amazing talent. Got to tune out this nightmare called the Detroit Pistons.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Clippers beat Boston with Tobias Harris scoring 21 points - Clippers management laughing at Tom Gores

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Again as much as I dislike what SVG has done, he was not the person who insisted on this Blake Griffin trade. This was Tom Gores LA connection where he thought that he knew better than the basketball experts. Maybe the Pistons were not going to make the playoff with the team they had in place before the trade deadline but it is clear that now the Pistons are much worse off. Harris is young and just getting into his prime. Griffin has old legs and has suffered a lot of injuries. And there is no way he wanted to play for the Pistons in the first place. Where I blame SVG is compounding the problem by bringing in Nelson and losing a 2nd round pick. Two players that I identified as probable successful NBA players who were drafted in the 2nd round last season played on Oregon. One of those players had a really good night against the Pistons last night. Great job by both Memphis and Atlanta for recognizing the obvious.

What I hate must about SVG's plan for success.

SVG and his staff have handled his draft picks horribly relating to their development. 1. Henry Ellenson either needs to be moved down to the G league or placed in the rotation. Please throw us a bone. None of us really care about the Pistons making the 8th spot in the playoffs. We all know this team is going nowhere this season and for many seasons to come with the current players in the rotation. We have too many reject players. We have too many players who do not move without the basketball and settle for the easy way out by shooting low percentage long range shots. I give Griffin credit for pounding his way to the basket even though he is seldom successful anymore. The Pistons have no fight in the paint. That is why I think the Pistons need to roll the dice with Henry Ellenson now after this All Star break. He needs 18 minutes a game for the rest of the season win or lose.
2. SVG allowed his dysfunctional point guard Reggie Jackson to run the team anyway he saw fit. Therefore, Reggie had a short list as to who he would pass the ball to and make a part of the Piston offense. He refused to get Pope involved until his last season as a Piston. Stanley Johnson was another casualty. Johnson should have played basketball with freedom in his rookie season and beyond instead of being black balled by Reggie Jackson and forced to stand in the corner like a kid in elementary school. SVG had Reggie Jackson's back throughout his reign as the MAN who decided everything on offense. SVG was OK with his point guard only playing one side of the court which fit into Reggie's desire to cut Johnson out of the offense. Johnson was only supposed to stand at the baseline corner and get maybe 3 passes a game. If he missed those shots, then he had to be punished. That has never been Johnson's game. Now he is playing with freedom and touching the ball more. If the Pistons have any play makers, the best one is Stanley Johnson not our point guards. Johnson is going to have a great NBA career as soon as he moves to another team with another coach and away from the type of point guards SVG worships.
3. Who would not want to have Spencer Dinwiddie on this Piston team now? Dinwiddie is a play maker type of point guard who is not turnover prone. He plays great defense and is a big time player in crunch time. SVG gave this player away and after all the time that has gone by since he gave away Spencer, look how the Pistons stand now relating to their point guards. We do not have winning type point guards. We have show boat type point guards. Ish Smith played an outstanding game for the most past last night be he is not a championship caliber point guard. Reggie Jackson is a 2nd tier type point guard who is a chemistry killer or at least that has been his past history. Can he change? Everything depends on that happening now that SVG has created this mess. We do not have a team that everyone expected we would have after all those rebuilding seasons. The team is in a horrible financial position with no draft picks and two highly paid players that fans do not trust relating to their motivation to give 100% all of the time on the court.
4. SVG seems unable to organize his team well on either offense or defense. I believe that the real reason why teams look bad in the NBA is 80% due to the type or quality of players they have on the team. The Pistons do not have the right players for sure. The coaches have also failed to do their part to bring out the best in the players they have on the roster.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty I personally enjoyed the Piston team before the trades - Hard to bond with this current team - They are difficult to watch

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:13 pm

It seemed to me that starting this season with the motion offense in place, at times the Pistons looked like a real basketball team. They had their ups and downs but I thought the team played better defense than the previous season and they shared the ball more as well. I personally enjoyed watching Eric Moreland play. I thought he was refreshing to watch because he was extremely active on defense. At times against bigger centers Eric struggled but there was never a time that I thought he was not giving max effort. Now the opposite is true with this bunch especially the way Griffin and Drummond shuffle back on defense late to set up on defense around 75% of the time now. Griffin especially has this look that he is a very tired basketball player who really doesn't want to be out there playing defense. Drummond has always been a big liability except for the first 4 months of the season. Now he is playing much like last year with the exception of the 4th quarter where he does show more emotion and energy on defense. the bottom line is that the Pistons are SOFT. They are easy to score against. I thought before the trade they were more difficult to play against.

I really have no interest in watching Nelson who looks like he has gained 25 pounds since his prime. Now there is talk about replacing Smith with Nelson in the starting lineup. The Nelson move was a stupid trade. With him, the Pistons became even worse on the defensive end. Yes Piston fans, Nelson is worse on defense than Buycks, Smith, or Jackson. But Nelson is a friend of SVG. That is what counts. SVG must like the fact that Nelson is fat too so they have even more in common. Maybe SVG and Nelson will have a big lard party as they watch AD in the All Star game. This trade action before the trade deadline has sent the Pistons back into the dark ages. Does anyone really want to see more of Nelson and Ennis? Sorry but I just can't bond or get excited about those two players. And Blake Griffin is showing that something is wrong with him relating to his desire to play basketball. He looked as if he was severely depressed in this last game. He did not look as if he wanted to be on this Piston team at all. That is just my impression and I hope that i am wrong but it doesn't appear that this team is going anywhere so that might be the reason why Blake is feeling that way. It would help if he played harder on defense knowing that AD is going to take 3 quarters off guarding the paint. After all this time, AD still can't get it though his head that he needs to screen off opposing players crashing the boards. Boxing out will never be something we will see from him.

The Pistons run no offense. They shoot the long ball too quickly failing to do the hard work it takes to get good shots within the half court offense. There is no time to practice to integrate all the new players which I do not personally like in the first place. SVG has shortened his rotation ignoring some players who played well at times in favor of the new players who few fans enjoy watching. As bad as this team has played, SVG never had the notion to insert Ellenson into the game even though both AD and BG were giving half of an effort for many minutes of the 3 games the Pistons lost. If the game would have lasted another 3 minutes the Pistons would have lost another game to Atlanta which has a management team that is trying to tank for the rest of the season. Any team can put out there scrubs and beat our Pistons now. But SVG has insisted on shortening the rotation and making sure he plays Nelson and Ennis. Yes that must be the answer. I think SVG plans to retire after this season. He looks exhausted. SVG knows the hand writing is on the wall. He isn't worried about being fired, He wants out. This thing that Piston management has created has destroyed any feeling that fans might have had this there was a chance the Pistons were building a championship caliber team. I blame the owner Tom Gores for this entire mess. He is the person who insisted on making that trade removing Tobias Harris who played with heart for Blake Griffin and his insane contract. Tom Gores refuses to trade Andre Drummond because they are close friends. Fans lose our one hope we always get excited about on draft day. We have no picks. That is the worst part of it for me. You see a team that is very difficult to bond with or watch for more than 5 minutes and then realize that Piston management has sold out the one thing for fans who are forced to watch a losing dysfunctional basketball team get excited about. We fans hope for a miracle on draft day. Now that has been taken away from us. Thanks Tom Gores. Please sell this Piston team. Watching the game last night was depressing and then seeing all of those empty seats should make all of us feel like the Detroit Pistons have hit rock bottom. Who wouldn't want to be in Atlanta's shoes now. Who would not trade places with the Atlanta fans who have fun young aggressive players to watch who play with heart while knowing that they have a management team that will make smart moves and will have some future star players coming though the draft.

AD will have an exciting time at the All Star festivities and come back very tired. That is understandable. Who in their right mind watches the NBA All Star game? What would you rather watch a meaningless game to worship rich players like AD who will not play "engaged" most of the time or say the Purdue-Michigan State basketball game? I attended the Arizona-USC game last weekend. The building was shaking. the college kids were rocking. The players on both teams were playing so hard it was unbelievable. Then I watched the Pistons last night. There is good reason Michigan basketball fans cannot bond with the Detroit Pistons under the leadership of Tom Gores. Damn it all, the new arena idea just didn't work. Meanwhile the innocent people who have to pay taxes will get to pay for that arena that few people are interested enough to even see it one time because they know that they would be forced to watch Tom Gores players while knowing the team has no draft picks. Now we wait to see what is going to happen in the Boston game. Will Nelson start that game? Will AD start shooting the 3 ball after the All Star game? Will SVG force the new trade pieces down our throats even more after the break?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Hawks

Post  Sparma Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:04 am

Lots of good stuff before the 4th quarter, but then things fell apart.

Ish Smith was on fire for much of the game.

Blake's a real asset as a passer.

Reggie B. looks smooth.

Then the ugly came: they got to the middle with ease for short shots. Andre needs to take part of the blame, but there's a serious problem with team defensive positioning that goes well beyond him.

And the embarrassing: as the Hawks try to dig out of a 30 point hole Stanley fouls a 3 point shooter for FTS, Ish fouls a 3 point shooter, and Ish fouls Taylor for an and-one. Those were either 3 plays in a row, or like 3 out of 4 plays. That's how you aid a team trying a 30 point comeback.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Y'all know me

Post  deusXango Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am

WTF wrote:
deusXango wrote:
BallinD wrote:That no matter how much talent we accrue that no matter who SVG brings in here, we will be snakebitten.  We sign Lebron, Unibrow, Boogie, KD, Russ,or the Beard, as long as SVG was coaching them, we would be screwed...Think about that.
It seems you're the only one who truly realizes the sad predicament we're in with Van Gundy and the ridiculous amount of power he's been given. Please, please BallinD, don't turn into a SVG apologist, as some knowledgeable fans have done.

There's no SVG APOLOGIST on this forum we all think his ass should be fired.  Hell I wanted him fired right after Gore hired him
Wise I should've been clear that I wasn't speaking of THIS forum with the "SVG apologist" remark, but once it's out there....
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty LMAO DX

Post  WTF Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 am

deusXango wrote:
BallinD wrote:That no matter how much talent we accrue that no matter who SVG brings in here, we will be snakebitten.  We sign Lebron, Unibrow, Boogie, KD, Russ,or the Beard, as long as SVG was coaching them, we would be screwed...Think about that.
It seems you're the only one who truly realizes the sad predicament we're in with Van Gundy and the ridiculous amount of power he's been given. Please, please BallinD, don't turn into a SVG apologist, as some knowledgeable fans have done.

There's no SVG APOLOGIST on this forum we all think his ass should be fired.  Hell I wanted him fired right after Gore hired him
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty The Fat Ass Elephant In The Room

Post  deusXango Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 am

I remember when we fans coveted and appreciated top flight talent, but when our president/coach insists on being married to a selfish, ball dominate PG (Reggie Jackson) who's injured more than he's on the floor, something's wrong. We have Blake Griffin now, so my question is; who honestly believes Reggie Jackson is in the same class as Chris Paul at his stage of Paul's career?

Jon Leuer is starting material, remember that statement? IMHO Leuer shouldn't have made it to training camp as a Piston after last years flame out! He should be someone else's problem now. There was a time, early in the season when Reggie had strung together a dozen good games, proving he had overcome last years "injury," CJ McCollum could've been had. His name was out there. Jackson and Leuer before this years injuries? SVG.

WTF is Jameer Nelson doing on the Pistons roster? Too damn much was given up for Blake Griffin and I love what his game was in his mid 20's. If Hedo Turkoglu came out of retirement, would he end up on the Pistons roster?

Last edited by deusXango on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Stuff

Post  BallinD Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:45 pm

So we all know spacing is paramount, particularly when you have two bigs, neither of which is an effective outside shooter. Therefore you space the floor with outside shooters so defenders can't cheat and pack the paint.

But you know who, Old Yeller, has not yet figured it out. According to Stats at NBA.com, Since the trade for Blake, the coach has not yet tried this principle out. You'd think what with all the hoopla about our losing streaks and his season and legacy in jeopardy, but no. He has not once played three of our best 3p% shooters on the floor with Dre and Blake.

SVG says No.

No to: Galloway, Kennard, Bullock, Blake, Dre

No to: Galloway Bullock Tolliver, Blake, Dre

No to: Kennard, Bullock, Tolliver, Blake, Dre

No to: Nelson, Kennard, Bullock/Tolliver, Blake, Dre

Hmmm. No to SVG!
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty So Is the Universe Telling Us

Post  BallinD Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 pm

That no matter how much talent we accrue that no matter who SVG brings in here, we will be snakebitten.  We sign Lebron, Unibrow, Boogie, KD, Russ,or the Beard, as long as SVG was coaching them, we would be screwed...Think about that.

I had to consider, in the wake of the Blake debacle and thinking to myself, who would SVG be unable to abuse and misuse in order to further the vaunted schemes of a one-trick-pony. Who could we get that SVG couldn't turn into an evil caricature of himself.

The silence is deafening!
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty At Some Point

Post  BallinD Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 pm

The Stench should kill them. Or at least render them unable to continue to screw things up! Waiting!!!!!

Oracle wrote:Hiring a guy that can't spell Piston DNA in Stan Van Gundy!!!

Trust me, it's NOT the players, I know some want to place the blame there, but it's a huge mistake.

This fish stinks from the head, it flows from Gores to the rest of the butt smellers, SVG & Bower.

FORUM - Page 26 Buttsn11
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Mistake #1

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Hiring a guy that can't spell Piston DNA in Stan Van Gundy!!!

Trust me, it's NOT the players, I know some want to place the blame there, but it's a huge mistake.

This fish stinks from the head, it flows from Gores to the rest of the butt smellers, SVG & Bower.

FORUM - Page 26 Buttsn11
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Hey Ballin

Post  WTF Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:45 pm

BallinD wrote:
WTF wrote:
BallinD wrote:You're Kidding Right?  

No 1st rd Pick...You're kidding Right?

Time For A Rebuild and a TearDown...No Kidding!

SVBower can't be the ones to do it...No Kidding!

Ballin they only swapped each others future 2nd round picks but still SVBower are not one to right this ship.

WTF, hate to be the one to break it to you, but we gave up a top four protected 2018 pick for
Blake, that is what I am referring to.  That is the big deal, IMO, as we swoon toward the lottery.

I thought you were referring to Nelson trade my bad....

Honestly I don't think giving up a 1st for Blake was bad at all considering we haven't drafted well since like forever worst case scenario we gave up a middle of the pack pick.  Best case scenario is we don't make the playoff and land in the top 3 keeping the pick so no big deal.   I mean the better we are the worst the pick gets anyway.

I think we got a nice group of players give or take 1 or 2 the problem is the coach.  I've been screaming rebuild and retool for 2 seasons now and that included getting rid of SVG, Bower and all the coaching staff too.  This was all Pre-Blake I'm not sure pulling that trigger would have been what I would've done but SVG did and we don't get a do-over  lol

What I've been doing is hoping they loose every single game just so we can have a shot at keeping that pick I just haven't been crazy about how they're losing them if that makes any sense.  I do know it's time to fire SVG though  facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Half Right

Post  BallinD Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:25 pm

WTF wrote:

Ballin they only swapped each others future 2nd round picks but still SVBower are not one to right this ship.

WTF, hate to be the one to break it to you, but we gave up a top four protected 2018 pick for
Blake, that is what I am referring to. That is the big deal, IMO, as we swoon toward the lottery.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Project Management & Coaching Are The Same

Post  WTF Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 pm

In a nutshell SVG is a poor Project Manager.

First thing is to understand the Customer (Us The Fans) needs and Project Goals (Win Titles) Imagine if SVG came to each Forum Member and asked us what our needs are and what we would like to see as a end result.  SVG just goes about it doing his own thing rather it works or not he reminds me of a bunch of dumb as Project Managers I've encounter over the years.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty 38 and 21 points scored by opposing big men in last game - Who can enjoy watching the Pistons?

Post  cool breeze Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Our Pistons beat up on bad teams playing the 2nd of back to back games and in one situation the 3rd game in 4 nights. They win 5 games and it seemed like Detroit had found themselves. Yet it was clear that AD and BG were not very interested in playing defense with high energy. Blake did have a few moments where he blocked a shot or two but it always seemed like both players took the entire first half and most of the 3rd and nobody was there to guard the paint in most situations when opponents scored in bunches. This is a dumb low basketball type of basketball team. They are dumb when it comes to doing the right thing that is required to win games. But as Murph pointed out this is the current form of the NBA. It is about stats or numbers relating to rebounding or scoring that seems important to our highest paid players. Agents tell their clients to get those stats up. They work on that. How about basing contract amount on how a player contributes to winning? Winner take all instead of providing dull entertainment. AD stated after the loss before this last one that the team has to get serious about playing defense. It is just all foolish talk. AD has never been interested in being known as a great defender. He is a guy to talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. And he has reverted back to his rookie year now playing like Greg Monroe on defense. Earlier in the season AD was more engaged. But something happens to him after the Christmas holidays. Last season's work product produced by AD should have had him on the trading block and maybe he was and there were no takers considering his negative impact on his team and his salary. AD is a good natured fine man. He is not a real basketball player and should be forced to wear a Teal uniform so fans can watch him closer when he fakes it on defense.

One problem this team has is too much influence by the owner Tom Gores. He seems to be making all of the decisions. Tom is in love with AD. I am tired about hearing about their relationship. And now it seems Mr. Gores was behind the Blake Griffin experiment. Who can be successful playing next to AD? Griffin is finding that out now. AD has still not figured out where he should be on defense or he just doesn't give a crap. He cannot think quick enough to jump out on shooters who dare to enter the paint and pick up their dribble before going up for their jump shot. Scouts see AD's slow recognition skill set or pure laziness when he gives shooters 3 to 4 feet of space after they pick up the ball off their dribble. AD gets no arm or hand up. This happens for 3 quarters of each game and then in the last 4 minutes AD seems to try harder but still has no idea what he needs to do. After many years of basketball is this the best a player can offer who is going to the All Star game? I guess the All Star game is the place AD should be because nobody plays defense in that game. AD will work his butt off in the All Star game to gain more personal glory while Piston fans will watch and say why doesn't he care about the Pistons? It should be embarrassing but it seems the fans coddle him and keep focusing on those rebound stats though. I believe that AD fights to get rebounds away from his teammates when no opponent player is even in the area. Anyone could get most of his rebounds excluding his amazing ability to get offensive rebounds. That is his strength. He loves scoring. He hates playing defense. So what in hell is SVG waiting for relating to moving him for players who really can play smart basketball. I believe that the answer to that is that SVG's hands have been tied by this owner. There is no way any coach wants to have to deal with Andre Drummond and the dysfunction he brings to any basketball team. AD is in to himself and wants individual glory. Fans have given him that and have ignored his big impact on losing. AD is a losing type of player. I have to pick on him even though he is a good man. AD is going to get a lot worse as time moves forward. What team wants him and how much can the Pistons get in return. A trade should have been worked out before the trade deadline but Mr. Gores was blinded with love for AD. Now as the loses pile up and this team sinks into the sewer like last season at this time, this owner is going to have all fingers pointed directly at him for destroying the Piston franchise. All this hype about the new arena will not work next summer especially when draft day arrives and nobody talks about the Pistons. How will they sell any season tickets? The draft gives bad teams hope. There is television coverage. Teams get free publicity during the summer that they need to sell tickets.

My last comment should hit home for old Piston fans. The Detroit Pistons have had a reputation of having hard nosed defensive minded type players who might not have any superstar players but always give max effort. How long has it been since the Pistons have had a team filled with those kind of players? This owner is involved in entertainment. Everything is a party. I blame all of this nonsense we see on the court on Tom Gores who is just like those basketball agents who fill their players minds with ideas on how they can become more selfish instead of more team orientated. Now Cleveland as taken their pick of players available before the trade deadline. No attempt was made to get the point guard Cleveland obtained. Instead we got a former fringe All Star player on a horrible contract that nobody would have touched except Tom Gores. We cannot blame the state of affairs on SVG other than he should have resigned knowing AD is untouchable relating to a potential trade piece and of course the trade involving Blake Griffin. There is no reason to attend any future games unless you enjoy watching the Pistons lose. Even if the team now goes on a winning streak again, we all know that it won't last. This team has to catch teams on a bad night to win. Opposing teams must have players out for one reason or another. Then when the Pistons do win after having a couple of players faking it on defense, then the players start throwing water around on each other and celebrating as if they actually beat a good team. This entire operation called the Pistons is a fake. Why would anyone want to buy a ticket?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty LOL

Post  WTF Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:44 pm

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Jameer Nelson

Post  BallinD Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:39 pm

You're Kidding Right?  

Lifelong Fans...Sh!t out of Luck

Last edited by BallinD on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty My opinion before the trade hasn't changed - To save the Piston franchise - trade Andre Drummond

Post  cool breeze Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:56 pm

I am not sure what the realistic trade value is for AD. He is not an All Star type player. But for sure he must now being getting additional money that could be in his contract for making the All Star team by default. I have nothing against AD. All I want to see if our Pistons developing a championship caliber team in my lifetime. AD is not a winning type of player. He has never been a winning type player. His chances of ever becoming a winning type player is maybe 10%. Lack of learning the fundamentals early in life prohibits his development. But AD is a freak player who can accumulate stats. How many teams did our Bad Boys beat who had those kind of players? AD is difficult for me to watch when he plays defense. It is really sad that he plays worse on defense then any of my big men who I coached in high school basketball. AD playing on defense is like a bad actor getting the staring role in a good movie. That kind of actor ruins the entire movie. With that said, I am not saying AD is the fault for this team's tendency be a loser. Other players are also dysfunctional and the offense the coaches run is foolish especially the type of point guards SVG has accumulated. Notice Cleveland management did not go after the point guard SVG gave up our 2nd round pick for in Nelson. No Cleveland got the guy who can now help them win the championship. The bigger point guard who can defend and organize his team on offense and offer play making skills while not dominating the basketball would not be allowed on the Pistons with this coaching staff.

My basic reason for trading AD in the off season is the fact that he is the only player any team might consider giving up a high first round pick for and maybe throw in an average athletic big man who can play defense and does not need to show off on offense. It is doubtful the Pistons could trade Blake Griffin. Any other Piston player could not bring in the type of change this team needs to built a real team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Well, it doesn't take long...

Post  Oracle Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 pm

For the full SVG effect to take hold... 9 for 35 from 3 point land, Nuff said!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Observations

Post  Murph Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am

It's understandable that Drummond wants to focus on his offense.  After all, this is the NBA when offense gets recognized.  Drummond led the league in rebounding and defensive rating, but was not even named to the All-Star team.  It was only after he scored 30 points against Utah that he was selected as an All Star.

I'm not saying this is right.  I'm just saying it's the reality of today's NBA.  Fans, coaches, executives, etc over-value offense and under-value defense and rebounding.

Does Blake Griffin = Josh Smith?  I liked Josh Smith, and I think he was treated very unfairly by SVG and the Pistons.  By unceremoniously cutting Smith, the Pistons pretty much ruined what was left of Smith's career.  Smith did not deserve what SVG did to him.

Nevertheless, by the time the Pistons acquired Smith, he had lost a great deal of his athleticism, and had become a very different player than he was in his prime in Atlanta.  He was no longer the physical beast who could score in the paint at will.  In Detroit, he tried to transition into a 3 point shooter, with disastrous results.

Is Blake Griffin going through a similar transformation from a physically imposing beast in the paint to a 3 point shooter?  If so, it's going to be a long 4 1/2 years.    facepalm

So after Reggie Jackson got hurt, the Pistons only had one PG with any significant NBA experience on their roster, Ish Smith.  So did SVG say to himself, "Geesh, this is bad.  I'd better go out and acquire another veteran PG and fast!"?   No, he called up Dwight Buycks, an undrafted journeyman who had played in a total of 20 NBA games.

The results were predictable.  The Pistons went 3-12 over their next 15 games, and fell out of playoff contention.  This caused Tom Gores to panic, and mortgage our future for the next 5 years for Griffin.

Then...THEN...after all of that, SVG goes out and finally acquires Jameer Nelson.  Jameer Nelson???  Needless to say, by now Nelson is a fat, out of shape, slow as molasses,  36 years old has-been.   And by the looks of his body language and facial expressions last night, he doesn't much like or respect SVG, and doesn't want to be here.    Bravo SVG!!!   clap  clap  clap

I think smart opposing coaches are figuring out how to neutralize the Pistons defense.  Draw Drummond outside with perimeter shooting centers like Dedmon, which leaves Griffin or Tolliver to defend the paint.

Ennis III played well last night.

Wise....I agree 100% on your opinions on ownership. Like you, I wanted Illich to buy the team from the Davidsons. Unfortunately, he got cold feet. But by now, I would welcome Gores selling the team to Gilbert. At least Gilbert is committed to the Great Lakes region. He's not moving to Beverly Hills any time soon.

And I think Gilbert has done a good job over-all as owner of the Cavs. Let me up it this way . Gilbert has delivered the only championship for any professional sports team in Cleveland, for the last 54 years.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty ATL

Post  Phil-Good Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:03 am

If the Pistons don't want to look S.H.I.T faced when the 2018 NBA draft rolls around and all those YOUNG STUDS get chosen by the Clippers, Detroit better find A wan to win this game.

I need to see Drummonds stop worrying about being A scoring center and focus on locking down that middle like he was doing last week! I need to see Drummonds become all NBA defensive first or second team player year in and year out. Drummonds goal every year should be Defender of the Year!!

That's it!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty When will management learn???

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 pm

It isn't the players, we have good enough players, it's the coach!

Losing to Atlanta??? 3 point shots when we don't need them(Wise speaks the truth), can't hold leads... SOS!

Reggie may not be back soon enough to make a difference, might as well take the rest of the year off, IMO!

Oh well, the Cavs looked like world beaters, taking the Celtics out in blowout fashion!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty 3 Ball

Post  WTF Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:23 pm

They just won't learn those 3's are going to be the end of them just please stop taking them.  Shoot them when needed and stop using that dumbass shoot as part of the offense.   

I can live with losing but enough of the 3's. Lose games because the opposing team beat you don't lose by beating yourself  facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Short Lived

Post  WTF Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Too funny many were screaming about Matthew Stafford contract this past season well San Fran just dropped a 137 Million deal on the table to a QB that has started all of 6 professional football games.  Talk about a team taking a risk!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next