Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+5
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
lemonpen
Phil-Good
9 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Good Article, interesting thought and Stuff

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Very good information on the CAP particulars for both teams in this article. We lose flexibility, but do gain some through tricky NBA rules.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/01/cap-details-on-blake-griffin-blockbuster.html wrote:That leaves Marjanovic, whose inclusion wasn’t required for salary-matching purposes from the Pistons’ perspective. As such, Detroit can create a trade exception worth Marjanovic’s $7,000,000 salary. That TPE is a little more interesting, especially since the Pistons figure to be well over the cap for the next year. They’ll have until January 29, 2019 to use it.
The interesting thing, and this is just my speculation.

I don't think Bradley fits into the Clippers long term plans. The Lakers were looking to move a young player Clarkson to us for Bradley, but wisely we didn't bite on a good player, but a bit of a tweener, neither a good PG or good SG.

However, if irony strikes, the Clippers could trade Bradley to the Lakers and initially Bradley would be backing up KCP and trying to take his job!!! That would be some crazy karma universe sh!t that boggles the mind  lol lol lol

Rodney Hood: If the Pistons are looking hard at Hood, then the Stanley Johnson experiment may be officially over. Hood is a generously listed at 6'8, probably more like 6'7, taller than Stanley but without the body. However he can shoot and Stanley can't. On a team starved for shooting, SVG may trade defense for offense. I reluctantly would give up Stanley, but it would be a mistake to give up Ellenson, IMO, but Stanley's only advantage over Ellenson is that SVG will play him and won't play Ellenson(don't ask me why, I can't figure it out). 

Stuff:
Wise made a point that makes sense in a vacuum. We really don't need the 1st round pick if we have our star players in tow, we just need good role players around them. If everything works out, he's right, if it doesn't, we're stuck up a creek without a paddle. His other point was that this is a risk, and we're always complaining that they won't take a big risk... well they did now! All we have to do now is to catch the hail Mary and we're SOLID  lol

Lemon, you have a point about Tolliver, he may struggle with the faster SF's. My only reason for including him was for defense. Blake is only decent defensively, he depended on Jordan to the really good defense and Dre isn't Jordan, so I included Tolliver to help shore them up... that's my excuse.

Murph, I agree, we can field a pretty formidable starting lineup, one that by playoff time would be a team that you don't want to face in the first round. Unfortunately, you're also right about the shrinking window. That window applies to both Blake and Reggie, who I feel are both on the clock.

Don, I think a LOT of things were going through Gores & SGV's minds. LCA has been a wasteland! Blake will get butts into those seats if Piston fans have a pulse left. For Gores, it's all entertainment, for SVG, it's his legacy, he wants to get his reputation back and not go out a loser.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty On The Bright Side...

Post  Murph Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:24 pm

This is a massive gamble by SVG that I would never have made. You know what this is like? This is like a Wall Street hedge fund manager making a massive 50-50 bet on the market. If the bet works out, the fund will make huge profits and the fund manager will make $10s of millions in year end bonuses. If the bet fails, the fund takes the loss, and the fund manager gets fired, but is hired by the next hedge fund to pull the same trick.

Anywhoo... Assuming all our players get healthy and say healthy, our rotation should look like the following. (Jackson should be back after the All Star break for the Feb 23rd game.)

Jackson, Smith
Kennard, Galloway
Bullock, SJohnson
Griffin, Tolliver
Drummond, Reed/Moreland

If healthy, that's a formidable rotation. The offense can be run through Griffin, Drummond and Jackson, with Kennard and Bullock standing in the wings to shoot 3 pointers (assuming SVG doesn't make more trades).

The defense, which has been a strong point all season, should be no worse, as Griffin and Harris are a wash defensively.

The 2nd unit should be energetic and pesky. Willie Reed looks like a more offensively skilled version of Moreland. And Don gets to watch one of his favorites, SJ, continue to develop.

Of course, the above scenario all depends on if Griffin and Jackson can stay healthy, which is a big if....

And our window of opportunity just narrowed to about the next 2 1/2 seasons or so.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Haven't Heard SVG Thoughts

Post  WTF Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Most pundits are calling this trade "Desperate" on the part of SVG.  I agree with them but it's also what one could perceive as a bold move depend on what side optimism you choose t look at it.   It the payoff at the end of the day is just making the playoffs this season and the next then this seems like an empty trade which is why there needs to be more to just this single move. SVG has to have another move in play for this to really make sense.

I don't have problem with offering up a 1st round pick which I heard was protected so I guess that's covers SVG ass a little if the Pistons still find there ass in the lottery at seasons end.  I do think letting Harris go might have been a mistake because 1. Blake's injury history and 2. a frontcourt of Blake, Harris and Andre seems more next level worthy.  I understand this was needed to make financial sense. The future wasn't hidden in that 1st round pick so again no big deal in giving up.

You know what would make be feel better about my injuries concerns with Blake is if Arnie was still here.  173 million is a lot of money I think for a player that never sniffed a NBA title and often injured.  I could also feel better about this if this was a trade we made when the team was on the cusp of contending for a title.  This also would have made more sense if we were sending RJ oppose to Harris.   

My guess also is that it came down to including the 1st round pick or giving up Kennard.  I think SVG made the right decision here in holding on to Kennard but SVG needs to commit to playing Kennard starter minutes ether off the bench or actually starting him the rest of this season.  But already if rumors is true SVG is on his way to screwing this up my pursuing a trade for hood.  IMO SVG is already trying to find a way to screw this up unless his intent if to play Hood at SF, but Utah may want more than just Ellenson in return for Hood.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:40 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:Sparma took a swing at the bright side, but I have a different vision.

He's right about the down side, there's no getting away from the holes in the future growth via the draft or financially, but there is a HUGE upside if SVG can make it work!

Best in the East: If we can start our big 3, Reggie, Drummond and now Blake, what team in the east has a better big 3? Answer nobody, and we have 2 closers in that group!

Starting Lineup:
Drummond, Center
Blake, PF
Tolliver, SF
Galloway or Bullock SG
Reggie(Buycks until he comes back), PG

2nd Unit:
Reed/Morland, Center
Ellenson, PF
Stanley, SF
Kennard, SG
Ish, PG

I picked Buycks to start because Ish doesn't fit as well with Blake and Drummond, Buycks can be muted quite a bit, only there to bring the ball up most times and take a shot now and then.

It's freaking time to get Ellenson some real PT under fire.

I like the starting lineup because it gives you damn near everything you want

Defense: Blake and Tolliver will complement Drummond to provide a fairly formidable front line. Defensively, this is almost as good as we could have hoped for.

Offense: Between Reggie, Drummond, and Blake, it's pick your poison, there should be almost not team that can stop that trio very often, and when they do, you have Tolliver and Bullock as the relief valves.

I think Reggie will come back rested and ready to go, and his load will be a LOT lighter with Blake in the game.

The competition:
1. Boston: There is no way Boston can deal with the size and power of the starting lineup. The Pistons should easily over power that group and pummel them into submission, IMO. That doesn't mean beating them in a series will be easy, but I don't see how the beat us.

2. Raptors: Look up the definition of pu$$ies... nuff said!

3. Cleveland: I only consider them because they have LeBron, otherwise, I see us beating them as well. However, the trade deadline is still in effect, we need to see what they can get done. A good enough move could alter this analysis.

I'm cautiously optimistic because a lot falls on how well SVG can construct an offense and defense that matches the talent he has. I gotta believe he can do this as it won't require a rocket science degree to get this close to right!

I've wanted badly to feel good about this trade.  

I don't think Tolly can handle the speed of most SF's though.  This may be Stanleys big chance.
Interesting call with Buycks as a starter.
Dre may gain the most from this deal, getting to see a real deal power playing All Star every day.

If we are forced to work with this group of roster players then this is the way to go. I am ready to make Oracle our head coach. SVG would never agree to giving Ellenson a shot. He most likely will be traded soon. And I like the idea of starting Buycks. But SVG loves a dysfunctional starting point guard. It almost seems as if SVG has always hated the Piston organization and wants to screw things up as much as he can relating to the long term future of the organization before he is finally fired. Do we have a traitor running the team? SVG cannot be thinking about building a championship caliber NBA team. That should be the goal. What in hell is the goal of this owner? By the way does Blake Griffin make the pistons a better defensive team? He has more size but is he known as a really good defender? I honestly wonder about that. Maybe SVG believes Griffin will offer the Pistons more paint protection when drivers get by the perimeter players. At least I hope Blake takes on that role but it is a slap in the face of all Piston fans to put out a team with the point guards SVG has chosen.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty While Tom Gores Fiddles, Stan Van Gundy places the Pistons in ruins for many years to come

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:26 pm

The answer is no the Pistons have zero chance of trading Griffin before the trade deadline. We will be watching a power forward on the way out past his prime along with Andre Drummond the dysfunctional former franchise player. Now Griffin can go into semi retirement and AD can relax knowing that the Pistons will only aspire to get that 8th spot in the playoffs for many seasons to come. This trade was insane. I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't know how about Griffin's contract and the fact that SVG traded away the Pistons future draft picks. This is all on the owner Tom Gores.

So with Griffin in the lineup our Pistons will somehow be better? That is the first thing everyone should look at relating to this stupid trade. I am sure that the Clippers would have made that trade without the inclusion of any of the Pistons future draft picks. Why not ask though knowing you are dealing with an idiot organization. Oh sure we can include our picks. Hell we are set at the point guard position for years to come. Who needs draft picks? Meanwhile Philly is showing all the people who do pay attention the only way you can really build a team to compete for the championship. Looking around the Eastern conference just where does Griffin stack up especially when he plays with our point guards? I suspect he will in the long run be a bench player at best. So Jackson and Smith cannot defend any starting NBA point guards. They are both ball dominate point guards. usually the four teammates on the floor with those point guards have to stand around and watch the point guards try to create offense all on their own. We have no other point guard who plays differently. All opponents have no difficulty stopping ball dominate point guards. So no trade is made to secure more first round picks to draft a top tier point guard and no trade involves a functional team orientated point guard.

This trade was made to save SVG's job with the blessing of Tom Gores who is befuddled having no clue as to how he should be running an NBA team. If the Pistons now make a spurt everyone will forget what has happened to the future of the team. But in one or two years they will feel the impact. And I would not blame any Piston fan from boycotting the team that Tom Gores has built. What should have happened when SVG took this proposed trade deal to Mr. Gores is that Tom should have fired him on the spot along with all of his assistants and the staff working for Stan's figure head GM.

The only thing the Pistons can do now to recover from this bogus trade would be to trade Andre Drummond. He has the highest value of any player on this team. the team is not going anywhere so trade him for future picks and force the inclusion of Reggie Jackson in any trade involving AD. The Pistons will have to take some players but maybe if management did it right, we could get a few fundamentally sound younger players with that type of trade along with maybe one high paid slug with shorter contract. Otherwise the Pistons have no future and nothing to look forward to for many years. This is only my opinion but I suspect only a few would disagree. Now for sure Zeke would not agree to run the Pistons even if they fire SVG today.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Trade?

Post  Sparma Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:24 pm

I'm feeling a Rodney Hood for Ellenson & ? coming.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Thanks

Post  lemonpen Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 am

Oracle wrote:Sparma took a swing at the bright side, but I have a different vision.

He's right about the down side, there's no getting away from the holes in the future growth via the draft or financially, but there is a HUGE upside if SVG can make it work!

Best in the East: If we can start our big 3, Reggie, Drummond and now Blake, what team in the east has a better big 3? Answer nobody, and we have 2 closers in that group!

Starting Lineup:
Drummond, Center
Blake, PF
Tolliver, SF
Galloway or Bullock SG

2nd Unit:
Reed/Morland, Center
Ellenson, PF
Stanley, SF
Kennard, SG
Ish, PG

I picked Buycks to start because Ish doesn't fit as well with Blake and Drummond, Buycks can be muted quite a bit, only there to bring the ball up most times and take a shot now and then.

Defense: Blake and Tolliver will complement Drummond to provide a fairly formidable front line. Defensively, this is almost as good as we could have hoped for.

Offense: Between Reggie, Drummond, and Blake, it's pick your poison, there should be almost not team that can stop that trio very often, and when they do, you have Tolliver and Bullock as the relief valves.

I think Reggie will come back rested and ready to go, and his load will be a LOT lighter with Blake in the game.

The competition:
1. Boston: There is no way Boston can deal with the size and power of the starting lineup. The Pistons should easily over power that group and pummel them into submission, IMO. That doesn't mean beating them in a series will be easy, but I don't see how the beat us.

3. Cleveland: I only consider them because they have LeBron, otherwise, I see us beating them as well. However, the trade deadline is still in effect, we need to see what they can get done. A good enough move could alter this analysis.

I'm cautiously optimistic because a lot falls on how well SVG can construct an offense and defense that matches the talent he has. I gotta believe he can do this as it won't require a rocket science degree to get this close to right!

I've wanted badly to feel good about this trade.  

I don't think Tolly can handle the speed of most SF's though.  This may be Stanleys big chance.
Interesting call with Buycks as a starter.
Dre may gain the most from this deal, getting to see a real deal power playing All Star every day.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:36 am

Starting Lineup:
Drummond, Center
Blake, PF
Tolliver, SF
Galloway or Bullock SG

2nd Unit:
Reed/Morland, Center
Ellenson, PF
Stanley, SF
Kennard, SG
Ish, PG

The competition:

Oracle...good post. I guess as Pistons fans we don't have any other choice but to hope Griffin (and Jackson) stay healthy. If those two stay healthy in the years moving forward, we should improve considerably. We will probably never have enough firepower to contend for an NBA title, but if we stay healthy, we should put together a 50 win season or two.

Brice Johnson and Willie Reed are also talented young players. Although how many PFs or undersized centers does one team need?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Question

Post  WTF Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 am

Hard to see a bright side with SVG still in play and even he was to get out of his own way not sure this all comes together quick enough to get back in the playoff picture IMO.

Then I had a strange thought that just popped in my head.  Question can Blake be moved again before the deadline?  Just asking because I had a vision of him never suiting up here.  For some strange reason I saw him suiting up in a Cavs uniform don't know where that thought came from but it came and then I question it but quickly Sheed came to mind.   

Did we make this move for the Cavs?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty With coaching & Health: This is the BEST team in the east!

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:14 am

Sparma took a swing at the bright side, but I have a different vision.

Starting Lineup:
Drummond, Center
Blake, PF
Tolliver, SF
Galloway or Bullock SG

2nd Unit:
Reed/Morland, Center
Ellenson, PF
Stanley, SF
Kennard, SG
Ish, PG

The competition:

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty trade

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:08 am

Desperate trade by A man trying to keep his job in Van Gundy.

This roster has two guys that I'm not so sure about.

Stanley Johnson does not look like A NBA player in my opinion.

I don't feel good about Reggie Jackson as my starting PG.

This roster has some holes.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Trying to look on the bright side

Post  Sparma Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:49 pm

I think the trade's a disaster in the long run, with a fragile Blake, paid extravagantly, and the loss of some serious talent in Harris and Boban, as well as two draft picks. In addition, there's a significant question as to the fit of Drummond and Griffin.

That's not a very positive start to my attempt to look on the bright side.

I really like Griffin playing as a kind of point forward (although again, there's a question of fit, here with AD as passer). He can take some of the pressure off of the PG at once. My guess is that Galloway will be the best fit as starter at PG, providing some shooting, allowing Blake and Andre to pass a lot.

Kennard gets his big opportunity. I think he's ready, even though I suspect he'll struggle at times with pace and D.

In one sense, Harris isn't really a loss in that Griffin steps in to replace him as forward, as the superior player. Harris is a tweener, best suited to go up against smaller guys on O, but slower guys on D. Now we've got a straightforward PF. Also, I wasn't remember that Harris only has a year left on his contract after this. For better or worse, we've got our two stars locked up for the long term.

Tolliver can move back with the subs, probably, strengthening the second unit along with Ish (if Galloway starts).

Bradley contributes to us getting a superstar, while we may well have a superior replacement on hand.

SVG never seemed willing to roll the dice with Boban, giving him 0 minutes (was he hurt?) the game after he scores 14. SVG may be more in his comfort zone with the current back ups.

If we lose out on the playoffs, the pick is top 4 protected, right, so we could still luck into a great pick. Then things could really become exciting.

A 2nd rounder, a year removed, traditionally isn't valued that highly (although I think it should be).

I read that Brice Johnson could develop into a solid role player. He must be on an inexpensive deal.

We retain our youngsters. Stanley J and Reggie B get to show what they can do at SF. Ellenson's not well served by this trade, but maybe, maybe, he can in time slide into some minutes at backup C (as well as backup PF).

If things click the rest of the season, this could possibly make it better to bring in good mid-level exception and minimum salary players who otherwise wouldn't consider Detroit. There could be a buzz about the team in its new stadium, which in turn could help in tinkering with the roster in the future (although I realize we're in big cap trouble). If the team's exciting, drawing fans, maybe Gores spends (over cap?) in a way he wouldn't otherwise.

If Reggie J makes it back to full strength, he could be a good fit with both our stars.

Maybe SVG's forced to get out of his rut, really responding to the roster he actually has.

In all, I regard it as a dreadful trade BUT as far as reckless gambles go, it's somewhat understandable (even apart from SVG's self-preservation). I see some positives. It should be fun to watch in the short term, interesting at least.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Oh Isaiah

Post  BallinD Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:47 pm

Zeke:  "That's who the Pistons should have traded for (Lou Williams)."

"If Stan can't change his coaching style, his scheme (1 in 4 out), then... " Shakes his head, and looks down; a moment of silence.  
Kenny the Jet:  "A great player will make you change your coaching style (Stan). Should!"

From Kevin Pelton:

"In a few years, we could see the Griffin trade as either a jumpstart to the Van Gundy era or the beginning of the end. I'd wager on the latter outcome."
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Murph

Post  WTF Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:42 pm

Murph wrote:Wise...really I'm speechless.  Our 2018 1st round pick would have landed us a solid PG.

Does this mean Kennard is going to start?  If so, that's one good development.

And so I guess we're riding the Reggie Jackson roller-coaster for the next few years.  I hope he gets healthy and stays healthy.

If Kennard gets to start at SG that is a plus/  It has to be something more then just this, because it just seems like an empty trade made just for the sake of making one.  There just has to be another move because this is making no sense at the moment.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty I'm Speachless

Post  Murph Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Wise...really I'm speechless. Our 2018 1st round pick would have landed us a solid PG.

Does this mean Kennard is going to start? If so, that's one good development.

And so I guess we're riding the Reggie Jackson roller-coaster for the next few years. I hope he gets healthy and stays healthy.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Too Funny

Post  WTF Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Murph wrote:WTF?  Look at what this guy is getting paid:

2018 - $30 million
2019 - $32 million
2020 - $34 million
2021 - $38 million
2022 - $40 million

We are capped out for the next 5 years.

SVG just turned into Ted Stepien, and the Pistons just turned into the 1980 Cavs.  Only the NBA isn't going to give us 1st round picks to bail us out.

And guess when the last time Griffin was healthy for an entire NBA season?  2014!

Does this mean Griffin become the new Franchise Player OMG!!!! I just don't know if I should laugh or cry  scratch
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Stupid Trade

Post  WTF Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 pm

Just Stupid!!!! facepalm

Yeah 173 Million he just signed this summer,  This is crazy just plain crazy facepalm facepalm facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Holy Crap. Has Anyone Looked at Griffin's Contract???

Post  Murph Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:51 pm

WTF?  Look at what this guy is getting paid:

2018 - $30 million
2019 - $32 million
2020 - $34 million
2021 - $38 million
2022 - $40 million

We are capped out for the next 5 years.

SVG just turned into Ted Stepien, and the Pistons just turned into the 1980 Cavs.  Only the NBA isn't going to give us 1st round picks to bail us out.

And guess when the last time Griffin was healthy for an entire NBA season? 2014!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Wow. It's Too Late To Fire The Turd Now.

Post  Murph Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:39 pm

This is why you don't hire the same guy to be the President, GM and Head Coach of your team.  

Because SVG is failing as a coach, he tries to save his job by doubling down and trading away his future.

We just lost our 1st round pick, and whatever salary flexibility we had left. AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A HEALTHY PG.

Last edited by Murph on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty I don't get it...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 pm

I'm really not impressed with this move because it's a win now, stick a dildo up your future arse move... BUT...

With Blake next to Drummond we could be very effective, but we still need a PG in the worst way!

Losing Bradley is addition by subtraction, and I'm not sweating losing Harris so much because he's really a better than usual role player, Blake is a star... an oft injured one, but a star.

I guess Jordan is on his way out, as the clippers appear to be in a major re-tool!

Where this deal really went south was the inclusion of Boban, our 2018 1st round pick and our 2019 2nd round pick!!!

We're basically the Pickless Pistons with no future!!!

You thought we sucked when Reggie went down, we're going to need some industrial shades to see how we get lit up when Blake goes down!

Evidently, Gores said it's the playoffs or your JOB, and SVG went for his job... it's a sad day for the franchise!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty D is for Desperation

Post  Sparma Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:54 pm

You've done it, Stan. You've gone from a smart guy with what proved to be an ill-conceived plan to a guy who's name will live in Pistons infamy.

And I say that as someone who really likes Blake Griffin's game.

But he's injured a lot, with a lot of wear and tear, with a salary that will become an albatross to the franchise.

Murph said not to trade with Boston. Well, don't trade with Jerry West either. I'm a West fan, but I thought he'd taken on one assignment too many in going to the Clippers, especially with Paul on the way out as he came in. But (as consultant), he's pulled off a heck of a trade here.

Given the money and health issues, I like Tobias more than Blake, the 1st rounder more than Blake, and -- call me crazy -- Boban more than Blake. Not that any of them are better basketball players than our superstar, but as a kind of pound for pound/ value comparison. They can have Avery (who said no one wanted him?).

Playoffs here we come. Fewer red seats on view? Stan re-upped? Gores happy for a while? Vegas next?

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Woj is Reporting...Wow! SVG Trying To Save His Job

Post  BallinD Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Tobias and Avery for Blake Griffin?  NBA-TV, Smitty reporting on this!

Exciting, but we gave up too much. I was afraid SVG would be a buyer, and not a seller! First and second round picks! Not happy! They're not done trading?

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Trade possibilities... only one I like...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:18 pm

@Sparma - That was a very optimistic view for moving Bradley, but you do back it up with optimistic logic Smile However the sign and trade is shaky, Bradley would have to agree to it, and the advantages to the other team are slim to none, unless they're unloading trash, and we may or may not be interested.

Trade 1 from Aldridge(I don't like giving away a #1 Pick):
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/29/morning-tip-10-trade-ideas-trade-deadline-2018-nears/#/ wrote:3. Chicago Bulls trade F Nikola Mirotic, F Paul Zipser to Detroit Pistons for F Stanley Johnson, C Boban Marjanovic, F Reggie Bullock and a 2019 first-round pick (protected 1-10 in 2019 Lottery)

Utah has been sniffing around Mirotic for weeks, but the Pistons are, if not legally required to do so, very much in need of making the postseason. “Detroit is desperate; they get my vote,” one league exec said. So the Pistons could easily part with the as-yet unarrived Johnson, their 2015 first-rounder, along with Big Boban and Bullock (sounds like a ‘70s hour-long show on NBC), for the offensively gifted Mirotic. Of course, Chicago has to get rid of Mirotic after his fight with teammate Bobby Portis, and the Bulls have been asking for a first-round pick. They’ll have to settle for half a loaf there in order to move on, while getting a year to see if Johnson can ever develop his offensive chops.
Trade 2 from ESPN(I like getting a #1 Pick & 2 second round picks):
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2018/01/29/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-rumors-avery-bradley/1075573001/ wrote:The proposed deal from ESPN:

Pistons acquire center Channing Frye, forward Jae Crowder, Cleveland's 2018 first-round pick, Miami's 2020 second-round pick, Cleveland's 2023 second-round pick.

Cavaliers acquire Bradley and forward Stanley Johnson from the Pistons.

ESPN NBA analyst Bobby Marks, the former Brooklyn Nets assistant general manager, provides his analysis of the trade:

"The challenge of the trade deadline moved up two weeks is finding a team that is in sell mode, especially with 20 out of 30 teams still in playoff contention. That said, one team that is likely to be active by Feb. 8 is the Pistons, the loser of eight straight games and now three games out of final playoff spot.
Edit: Wise, I see you saw the ESPN trade as well, and I agree, I'd do it for the picks alone!!!

BTW, I believe that Cleveland would do this trade over others considering how horrible their defense has been lately, they're likely motivated to get two plus defenders!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Just A Couple Thoughts

Post  WTF Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:52 pm

SVG picked up where Joe left off when would all thought that maybe it would get better even though I was never a fan of hiring SVG I thought a change was need and that Joe needed to go.  I also wasn't a fan of Gores purchasing this team either and was pulling hard for any one but Gores get it.  Not sure if any heard the rumor Gilbert want the Pistons and wants to sell the Cavs.  Not sure if I would want that idiot owning this team either in my opinion it would still make sense that the Ilitch Family has this team.

ESPN wrote:The proposed deal from ESPN:
Pistons acquire center Channing Frye, forward Jae Crowder, Cleveland's 2018 first-round pick, Miami's 2020 second-round pick, Cleveland's 2023 second-round pick.
Cavaliers acquire Bradley and forward Stanley Johnson from the Pistons.
ESPN NBA analyst Bobby Marks, the former Brooklyn Nets assistant general manager, provides his analysis of the trade:

I would do the rumored deal just for the picks alone.  But the 2nd good reasons is Bradley walking at season end anyway so something in return is better than nothing at all.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty AB/ Trade talk

Post  Sparma Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:21 pm

Glad to hear that Bradley's on trade block. Hope that we can get a low 1st or high 2nd in return.

Various things might count in favor of his value to another team (forget where I was reading some of these): 1) he's still an effective 1 on 1 defender; teams trading him could likely have him play to his defensive strength, which is of real value in the playoffs; 2) he's solid as a (3rd?), fourth, or fifth option (and would likely be more efficient in that role), and that's where a trading team likely would use him, 3) he's a leader, or perceived as such (which would help in a place like Cleveland, which is in turmoil), 4) his Bird rights could be of value to a contending team (like GS, mentioned by a source I read) which can't easily improve, unless going over the cap (if they're willing to), 5) some of his troubles this year may be due to physical ailments from which he's recovering, so he could be better later in the year, 6) an author predicts sign-and-trades may go up this year, with FA money tight, meaning he wouldn't necessarily just walk away, but you'd get some return even if he didn't re-up, and 7) his value may be seen as significantly system/coach-dependent (good w Stevens, bad with SVG), so that a confident coach may think he can bring out the good AB.

Be that that all as may, I do hope he's traded, and that the team starts really aiming at the future. Again, SVG could be the biggest barrier.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next