Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+5
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
lemonpen
Phil-Good
9 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Hahahahahaha

Post  lemonpen Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:23 pm

WTF wrote:It was the Fear Factor  that was in play last night "That My Ass Might Be Next"  it happens almost after every big trade or even small trade.  There was likely no surprise about Bradley being moved so the shock was likely seeing Harris included in the deal.  Not sure if it was a wake up call for SJ or not won't know for certain until the deadline is passed.   Could be the trade rumors that motivated his play.  

Nonetheless great game by SJ last night so hopefully he can keep it up.

That's exactly what my wife said. They were scared ****less.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Don't Give Up on SJ

Post  Murph Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:48 pm

I'd trade Henry Ellenson for Hood, but not Stanley Johnson, especially after the Cavs game.  Last night's game was a glimpse into the kind of player Johnson can be.

As Wise pointed out, freshman that are taken in the draft take a long time to develop.  SJ is still only 21 years old in his third year.  It would be a mistake to give up on him now, right when he's starting to contribute.

And acquiring Hood would also stunt Kennard's development.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Three Wheels

Post  WTF Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:29 am

I'm not getting in that bandwagon  lol and get that Kool aid away from me.   I'll likely be processing this trade from now to the end of the season maybe up until the start of next season.   This Bandwagon ride is extremely costly and the wagon is missing a wheel so I'm not buying a ticket just yet.

I don't have trust in this guy that's driving the wagon and he still hasn't said anything to convince me that this trade was more about next level or gaining a name.   SVG made this trade without having a plan in place already and when you do something this big you should already have something in place as far as plans go.   "We'll see what happens" isn't a plan, it's a statement of uncertainty  facepalm

At least Joe D would try to make up stuff  lol
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Fear Factor

Post  WTF Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:13 am

It was the Fear Factor  that was in play last night "That My Ass Might Be Next"  it happens almost after every big trade or even small trade.  There was likely no surprise about Bradley being moved so the shock was likely seeing Harris included in the deal.  Not sure if it was a wake up call for SJ or not won't know for certain until the deadline is passed.   Could be the trade rumors that motivated his play.  

Nonetheless great game by SJ last night so hopefully he can keep it up.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty OMG! You Mean Thanks Mr. Cousins and Mr. Wall

Post  WTF Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am

Murph wrote:Congratulations to Andre Drummond on his All Star selection.  Well deserved.  I might even watch this year.  pom pom

Step away from the Kool aid and place your hands above your head lol
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty All Star

Post  Sparma Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 am

Ditto. At 24 half way to the career All Star marks reached by Laimbeer and Wallace.

Murph wrote:Congratulations to Andre Drummond on his All Star selection.  Well deserved.  I might even watch this year.  pom pom
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Wow

Post  Sparma Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 am

Watched the condensed game on NBA Pass this morning. Impressive. If we can play to Stanley's strengths (sans distance shooting), he'll be a valuable contributor. Bullock should be a big beneficiary from the clogged middle ahead, and the search for shooting that will go with that.

I still think the trade will be a disaster in the long run, but let's celebrate the possibilities of the moment. Suddenly reaching the finals doesn't seem so far-fetched. But first we need to get to the playoffs!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Congrats to Drummond

Post  Murph Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:58 am

Congratulations to Andre Drummond on his All Star selection. Well deserved. I might even watch this year. pom pom

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Plenty of room left on the new Pistons Bandwagon...

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:48 am

When the team announced that they were adding the 6'2, always injured Avery Bradley, the forum went crazy with wild expectations which fostered a big surge in projected wins. 

Now they make a move that truly means something, bringing in a true STAR, and we get a bunch of nervous nellies?

Now we pummel the Cavs, and I said that this was the Blake effect, was I right? Well according to this,
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2018/01/31/detroit-pistons-cleveland-cavaliers-stanley-johnson/1081723001/ wrote:Pistons head coach Stan Van Gundy echoed those sentiments after Wednesday's victory, saying that his assistant coaches believe that their short-handed team got a big boost of adrenaline in Tuesday's game after the reality of acquiring Griffin on Monday night finally sunk in and are anxious to see how he pairs with Drummond on the floor.
Difference between a star and superstar: A star(Blake) makes everyone around him better simply by being good, his mates gain confidence from the star's confidence. A superstar delivers that same effect as the star, but a superstar(LeBron) adds the additional factor of actually directing and guiding the flow of the entire team.

Blake didn't need to be on the floor to deliver the confidence the pistons showed last night, it's like they knew the Cavalry was on the way.

Even so, what we saw was pretty special:
1. It starts with Drummond, and this is why you have to have patience with young big men. All of a sudden he's defending the rim like a champ, altering shots, blocking shots and getting steals, and he's only going to get better. Cleaning up offensive boards empowers teammates to take shots with a bit more confidence that the big fella will clean up their mistakes.

2. I didn't think I was going to see it, but Stanley is finding his way by dropping the silly 3 pointers except when necessary. He is using his body to get into the paint and he's finally finishing around the rim so much better. Blake is going to do wonders for his confidence, and hell no, Blake isn't soft! He used to be, but he woke up one year and kicked ZBo's butt in the playoffs after ZBo bullied him the previous year and Blake ended that mess. What Stanley is doing now is something I know he can do regularly, and could be part of a power lineup of Drummond, Blake and Stanley, the ALL BODY LINEUP Smile (Big Ben would love it), That's one powerful and athletic lineup.

3. Of course Tolliver, Ish and Bullock did a damn fine job as well, confidence is a b!tch and she was in heat last night!

They'll be fine without Reggie, but when he gets back, we may be playing to get our butts kicked by the Warriors  lol lol lol ... ECF anyone?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty They Played Free

Post  BallinD Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:03 am

Free and unafraid, moving the ball, cutting, trapping and defending, what team is this?
SJ and Andre putting the team on their shoulders and Bullock showing his worth to all the doubters. Ellensen looked useless and lost, deer in the headlights look on his face. Yikes! Tolliver is playing like a demon. Go Pistons!
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty They're already feeling the Blake Effect...

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Watch this team take off, if we can stay healthy, the Pistons are a serious threat in the east!

Cavs our first Victim...

The particulars...
FORUM - Page 32 Untitl13
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty LOL

Post  BallinD Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:18 pm

@Oracle:  I'm ambivalent.  I wanna see 2015 All Star Blake do the dang thang, but am pretty sure 2018 iteration cannot do it like he did it  The reports of Blake being soft scare me, and I do not see our version of the twin towers working under SVG, but as SVG mentioned, this is the only way for the Stones to get a Star (not superstar).  So we go against the perimeter-player trend even though, that is what works in Today's NBA.  We either need Weggie to come back with a vengeance, or what?  With his trade value at nil, can we upgrade on the perimeter.  No picks, no young pg prospects, that is what really worries me and stems my enthusiasm.  Not a fan of the Weggie, so color me ambivalent!  

Silver lining, we got Kennard and Bullock to hit threes and spread the floor for our big men.  If Stanley can hit the side of a barn we ride with him, but since he can't, I fear he will only eat minutes and hold us back.

Now we got our star, but we still do not have an identity, no plan, playmakers (except maybe for Blake and to a lesser extent Kennard, Andre and SJ, so though I want the team to win, I don't have a dog in that fight.

Oracle wrote:
WTF wrote:Ballin there was a reason the Clippers traded Blake so I'm reluctant to turn this move into the greatest thing ever. Yes there was a reason, and it makes a LOT of sense why they did it and it also makes a LOT of sense why it works for us. This is ALL explained in the video's I posted, to a man they detail those things and all agree. I don't see this working if the surrounding pieces aren't quickly put in place.  

I like that SVG made a bold move just not sure if this was the right move not at this price.   SVG say's 173 million is worth the risk well the Clippers didn't after foolishly thinking it made all the sense in the world to give him 173 million.   

Blake can't carry this team, AD can't and this isn't a knock on either player they're just not worth all that loot. They're not worth the loot is true, but just those two can and will carry this team.  Gores going to have to eat some luxury tax to complete this process he need a PG(maybe but not likely, you really need to understand the financials, they have money to throw at someone) that fits and will be healthy an entire season.  He need to find a way to move RJ and SJ before deadline or this summer
Ballin, I'm amazed that this deal bothers you when getting Bradley, who had a worse injury history didn't move the optimistic needle here one single bit(well he was a lot cheaper).

We're in no worse financial shape, but we have a better player, losing basically nothing more than a nice guy and a boat anchor.

I admit that at first blush I didn't like this one bit, but after reflection and viewing this wider, I'm fully on board.

I didn't need those guys in the videos that I respected to tell me this, it was crystal clear that this is a good path.

Is it the best path, is it the one I would have chosen? Unclear, but I see wins and a playoff berth sitting around 90%!

Wall is down for 6-8 weeks, the Wiz are toast, the east is VERY up for grabs and we got dibs.

Get off the fence, be either for it or against it, don't be like Bradley and get a groin injury, your crotch will thank you  lol lol lol

And that worm may be turning: Drummond is now an All Star!!!
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Rodney Hood must be on the radar for SVG. He must like to gamble on injury prone players

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:14 pm

The starting lineup with be........... As the Piston fans arrive at the new arena and finish buying all that high priced junk food and finally get in their seats the announcement will be made. Sorry Piston fans but Detroit will be missing three starters for at least 2 months and they are Blake Griffin, Rodney Hood, and Reggie Jackson. Your starters will be Eric Moreland, Ish Smith, Reggie Bullock, Tolliver, and Kennard. The Pistons are playing Cleveland. Labron James tells all of his teammates except Thomas that they can have the game off. Labron doesn't want to disappoint Detroit basketball fans. Tom Gores will be going to a Lakers game in LA. SVG called in sick and will watch the game with his ailing star players who will bring dog treats to Stan's home. Blake Griffin is a soft player. He will fit in well with Reggie and Andre. Bring out the teal uniforms and celebrate. And don't bother to tune into next summers draft. That event always got me excited until SVG arrived in Detroit. Blake will try to play hard for several games this season and AD will follow suit. Then both will come into training camp 30 pounds heavier. I was excited about where the Pistons might be in 2 or 3 seasons. Now there is nothing to get excited about.

So long Tobias. I will miss his effort and dedication to the game and his character.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty @Ballin

Post  WTF Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 pm

BallinD wrote:@WTF.  I am not championing this trade by any means.  You may have mistaken me for a fan of the trade or of SVG, or of the direction we are going in.  Nope.  If you read my first statement on it I said: they gave up too much and I did not like it. "Exciting, but we gave up too much. I was afraid SVG would be a buyer, and not a seller! First and second round picks! Not happy!"

But it's done. No sense crying over spilt milk so I am trying to get excited about it, and why?  Because the fact that Gores let a desperate SVG make this trade tells me that he just got another vote of confidence from his boss.  And that tells me that nothing will change around here till Old Yeller is gone.  Why be miserable? I am on the forum because I have followed the Pistons since the days of the Bad Boys, and if I gotta piss and moan everyday, where is the fun in that?  I will remain vigilant, but we have no say, and until we know how it will pan out, I choose to be optimistic, even if SVG is still here.

Tobias was my favorite player.  I championed Boban.  I am all for young assets, for us to be a seller at the trade deadline, but things didn't go the way I wanted, so I have to go with the flow.  I'm not gonna sit around here and complain, till we get more losses in a row and do not make the second trade before the deadline, then you will hear me loud and clear.  If we get more losses in a row and it's clear that SVG has also blown this move, by failing to properly implement that, which is what I expect, then I will complain.

WTF wrote:Ballin there was a reason the Clippers traded Blake so I'm reluctant to turn this move into the greatest thing ever.  I don't see this working if the surrounding pieces aren't quickly put in place.  

I like that SVG made a bold move just not sure if this was the right move not at this price.   SVG say's 173 million is worth the risk well the Clippers didn't after foolishly thinking it made all the sense in the world to give him 173 million.   

Blake can't carry this team, AD can't and this isn't a knock on either player they're just not worth all that loot.  Gores going to have to eat some luxury tax to complete this process he need a PG that fits and will be healthy an entire season.  He need to find a way to move RJ and SJ before deadline or this summer

No Ballin I was actually in agreement with you the trade kind of sucks,  I don't like that 173 million we'll be dishing out because I don't see the team getting their money worth.  

I asked the forum a question in a earlier post I'll ask the forum again.  Can Blake be traded again before the deadline.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Ballin & Wise

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:45 pm

WTF wrote:Ballin there was a reason the Clippers traded Blake so I'm reluctant to turn this move into the greatest thing ever. Yes there was a reason, and it makes a LOT of sense why they did it and it also makes a LOT of sense why it works for us. This is ALL explained in the video's I posted, to a man they detail those things and all agree. I don't see this working if the surrounding pieces aren't quickly put in place.  

Blake can't carry this team, AD can't and this isn't a knock on either player they're just not worth all that loot. They're not worth the loot is true, but just those two can and will carry this team.  Gores going to have to eat some luxury tax to complete this process he need a PG(maybe but not likely, you really need to understand the financials, they have money to throw at someone) that fits and will be healthy an entire season.  He need to find a way to move RJ and SJ before deadline or this summer
Ballin, I'm amazed that this deal bothers you when getting Bradley, who had a worse injury history didn't move the optimistic needle here one single bit(well he was a lot cheaper).

We're in no worse financial shape, but we have a better player, losing basically nothing more than a nice guy and a boat anchor.

I admit that at first blush I didn't like this one bit, but after reflection and viewing this wider, I'm fully on board.

I didn't need those guys in the videos that I respected to tell me this, it was crystal clear that this is a good path.

Is it the best path, is it the one I would have chosen? Unclear, but I see wins and a playoff berth sitting around 90%!

Wall is down for 6-8 weeks, the Wiz are toast, the east is VERY up for grabs and we got dibs.

Get off the fence, be either for it or against it, don't be like Bradley and get a groin injury, your crotch will thank you  lol lol lol

And that worm may be turning: Drummond is now an All Star!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Blake Or Bust Mentality

Post  BallinD Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:09 pm

@WTF.  I am not championing this trade by any means.  You may have mistaken me for a fan of the trade or of SVG, or of the direction we are going in.  Nope.  If you read my first statement on it I said: they gave up too much and I did not like it. "Exciting, but we gave up too much. I was afraid SVG would be a buyer, and not a seller! First and second round picks! Not happy!"

But it's done. No sense crying over spilt milk so I am trying to get excited about it, and why?  Because the fact that Gores let a desperate SVG make this trade tells me that he just got another vote of confidence from his boss.  And that tells me that nothing will change around here till Old Yeller is gone.  Why be miserable? I am on the forum because I have followed the Pistons since the days of the Bad Boys, and if I gotta piss and moan everyday, where is the fun in that?  I will remain vigilant, but we have no say, and until we know how it will pan out, I choose to be optimistic, even if SVG is still here.

Tobias was my favorite player.  I championed Boban.  I am all for young assets, for us to be a seller at the trade deadline, but things didn't go the way I wanted, so I have to go with the flow.  I'm not gonna sit around here and complain, till we get more losses in a row and do not make the second trade before the deadline, then you will hear me loud and clear.  If we get more losses in a row and it's clear that SVG has also blown this move, by failing to properly implement that, which is what I expect, then I will complain.

WTF wrote:Ballin there was a reason the Clippers traded Blake so I'm reluctant to turn this move into the greatest thing ever.  I don't see this working if the surrounding pieces aren't quickly put in place.  

Blake can't carry this team, AD can't and this isn't a knock on either player they're just not worth all that loot.  Gores going to have to eat some luxury tax to complete this process he need a PG that fits and will be healthy an entire season.  He need to find a way to move RJ and SJ before deadline or this summer
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty @Ballin

Post  WTF Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Ballin there was a reason the Clippers traded Blake so I'm reluctant to turn this move into the greatest thing ever.  I don't see this working if the surrounding pieces aren't quickly put in place.  

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Can We Ditch The Curse

Post  BallinD Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:58 pm

The Curse of The Aging Star Coming to Detroit!
FORUM - Page 32 Uncle_10 Old Uncle Drew

1. Josh Smith...aging star on his last legs, we're still paying this guy
2. Allen Iverson...aging superstar on his last legs, wrecked what little chemistry we had left
3. T-Mac...aged superstar with no skills left but the ability to run his mouth and run a mutiny
4. Caron Butler...aged star relegated to a glue guy and spot up shooter
5. C-Webb...aged star w/ no knees who was a shadow of his old self
6. Rasheed...aging star on the downslope, got us one ship before the ship sailed on his skills
7. Cedric Ceballos...aging star on his last legs
8. Blake Griffin...TBD

BTW, Kenyon Martin with Sterling Sharp on ESPN said it is known around the league that Blake is "Soft."  Pairing that with Dre and actually thinking about it sent shivers down my spine for a minute.  Where is the Pistons DNA when you need it!

On Blake
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Putting Brakes On The Superstar Tag

Post  WTF Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:41 pm

Okay I do want to add this while we landed a star player we didn't land a superstar,  he is not worth the money so from a financial point of view I don't like this trade.  I'm okay that Blake isn't a superstar for that matter neither is AD but I think we can contend if we have solid pieces around with these 2 players going forward.   

May feelings haven't change just because Blake is now a Pistons player I thought the Clippers had lost their mind when that signed him that contract this summer, I think SVG was stupid in assuming the high price tags Blake.  I get everything else about why SVG did this trade but I won't be in the kool aid and proclaiming Blake is a superstar.

So it is important SVG gets the right pieces around this group currently I don't think we have them,  IMO we look like the Pelicans with Cousins and Davis in having AD and Blake or we now look like the Clippers with Blake and Jordan.  I am high on Kennard beyond that I can't be sold on the rest of pieces we have so if the Hood move is a simple swap of SJ then please do so.   We can get a lot closer to looking like 2004 if we add the right pieces into the starting unit as soon as possible.   

If this trade was to put butts in the seats then Gores and SVG has it all wrong while Blake is recognized for his talents he's not a most see players . Winning is what put people in the seats and superstars do and again Blake isn't a superstar.  So it's important that both Gores and SVG see that their job gets completed on they otherwise just wasted 173 million dollars on this trade.  

This has not pushed me from my 39 win prediction,  keep in mind people Blake may 2 or 3 games away from playing his first game for us and there's only 33 games remaining.  The next 2 or 3 games were going into those games without having Reggie, Harris or Bradley so my guess is we lose tonight's game falling further behind.   The Pistons would have to play above .500 ball the remainder of season just to get back to .500 and that still not might not get them into the playoffs. 

I'm okay with them failing to make the playoffs and falling into the lottery just because maybe the God's smile upon them in the draft and a 4th or better pick fails into their lap and they get to keep their pick this summer.   So given the choice of making the playoff this season or not then I much rather not see us make it and keep my fingers cross with the new lottery format the balls falls in our favor.  So imagine that for a second not only did we land Blake for the next 4 seasons we also kept our pick this year.  

I know I said in an earlier post that the pick wasn't a big deal assuming we found ourselves in the playoffs its a high pick anyway, but imaging if that pick ended up being the top 10 it might hurt a little more.  Thank God SVG protected it here's hoping he had vision that we got lucky and ended up with a top 3 pick in the draft.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Ballin, it took a minute for me to come around, but...

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm firmly on board with this move, even realizing the risks! We really gave up NOTHING for a star! Bradley was a boat anchor on this team, they were better offensively and surprisingly defensively as well when he was OFF the court. Plus he was wildly inconsistent and hurt as usual. He's going to need a lot of luck to get a decent contract, likely with a clause to get paid only if he can play enough games.

Harris was a VERY good guy, loved him, but he was also an easily replaceable player who was mostly inconsistent, and we've discussed the picks already.

But just as I've evolved on this trade, some here are evolving, while PLAYERS are leading the charge.

Watch the video in this article and see how Kenny Smith gets Zeke on board with the move.

http://www.nba.com/video/2018/01/29/20180129-gametime-kenny-smith-trade#/ wrote:
Will Trade Put Pistons In East's Driver's Seat?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty @Lemon

Post  WTF Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:44 pm

lemon I don't know if his has an inner CB but he better find one,  I think PG is key to whatever gets accomplish and I think a healthy Reggie needs to accept a 4th option role in the offense.  As far as SV goes  facepalm I'll take the fewer 3's if that's all he meant by his comments.   tb
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Star Power in Pistonland

Post  BallinD Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Well we got our star and complementary pieces may be on the way. Hood, George Hill, Kemba.  We will see maybe one more trade cause SVB have proven they can fleece folks to make trades and we are certain that they are desperate and all in on 2018.  So be it. Stan, show us what you can do.  As fans, we might as well go all in and enjoy the ride.  We are locked and loaded for at least the next three years.  

As for the money, Gores is under the Luxtax and that may be all he cares about. BG will put folks in the seats, he will get us some wins, be our nominal closer and hopefully lead us to a 6th or 7th seed (Wishing here). We were not gonna have a lot as it is, and so I really don't care. The biggest downside, is this all but guarantees we will see Van Gumby around here for at least another year. What are the odds BG's value exceeds or equals his contract? Slim, but possible. Where is Arnie Kander when you need him?? facepalm

I see BG as a superstar with high BBIQ and underated playmaking skills, who will help to hold SVG more accountable for his offensive offense if SVG goes all Stegosaurus Van Gundy on us.  This could be a double edge sword, but IMO, Old Yeller needs a check and balance, as Gores has failed again.  This trade could portend chemistry and team issues as BG will not want to participate in a sh!tshow, and could definintely push Stan and Dre, who admittedly is on the uptick this year, so the timing could be pretty good.

Alternatively, Dre could chafe at BG taking his playmaking duties and throwing down better dunks, but seriously twin towers didn't bring wins to the Pelicans, and it was a net zero with Dre and Moose on the floor.  Can Stupid Van Gundy figure it out, find the nuanced way to play two rim runners together?  Will he go high low with Dre and Griffin, or vice versa.  I would love to see how the BG AD P&R works if the stupid one will use it.

If Weggie stays, I see BG as a plus to the former go-to-guy and he can help the new go-to-guy.  Sure we are handicapped  for the foreseeable future, but we will probably be relevant for the next two years if BG and RJ can stay healthy.

In this system, with what we've got, George Hill might be a good pickup.  He moves the ball, runs plays, maybe is not as dynamic as Weggie, especially at this stage, but he is probably a better floor leader and playmaker.  We don't have the pieces to get Kemba, we lose Kennard and SJ and probably another future pick.  So what, some will say.  No way, others will say.  I think the price will be too high, but since we're all in, might as well push more chips into the pile and go ALL IN!

We weren't going to win anything anyways, so whoo whoo, let's go for it.  Two big man stars in a perimeter oriented league.  If Bullock and Kennard and Galloway can hit their shots at a good clip, if the two gimps can stay healthy, who says we can't compete now.  Maybe this infusion is just what the team needed as well as what SVG needed to keep his job.

Galloway/ish/Buycks
Kennard/Hood/Bullock
Hood/Bullock/SJ
BG/Tolliever/Ellensen
AD/Reed/Moreland

A bigger team, a smarter team who will mostly play the right way. Maybe Ellensen gets some minutes now?  Probably not!

I will miss Tobias, my favorite Piston, and I wish Avery well in getting to his payday.  Thinking I might have a new favorite Piston as soon as Thursday.  hehe  rockon
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  lemonpen Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:04 pm

WTF wrote:I'm trying to think of all the positives I can about this trade but 2 things keep standing the way 1. Reggie and 2. SVG. Of course there are a couple of other concerns I have like the issue of health and chemistry but I be optimistic and say it's all good.

1. Reggie Jackson in a perfect world Kennard replaces Bradley as starting SG and Reggie comes back healthy then I think it's important that Reggie reduces himself as being the 4th option on offense and consistently find ways to create opportunities for Kennard, Blake and Andre.  He needs to channel his inner CB, if he could do then this team contends next season at least on paper it does. But I'm talking next season.
Who told you RJax has an inner CB.??

2. SVG after listening to his pressure today it sounded like he's willing to change his thinking on how these teams needs to be coached moving forward. I'm still not convince SVG can get out of his own way and do the right thing here.  If I'm not mistaken I swore I heard him say he would like to lean towards a more traditional approach with his offense and do things differently from the rest of the league after he was asked about the pairing of AD and Blake in perimeter oriented league.  I smiled and then quickly said to myself "You're Lying"  Fewer 3 pt shots, maybe.

SVG said this was more about opportunity than desperation and acknowledge the risk but I'm still not clear on what opportunity he's talking about.  I wanted to hear more definitive comments like this move puts us at next level,  that this moves give us that opportunity to contend with the Celtics and Cavs.  I didn't want to hear all the disclaimers or ifs that only feeds my doubts further.  He said he ignored all the analytical so what is the eye test telling him and I think he avoided answering that.    If this is a risk or bold move be bold on how you speak about it, you're paying these guys 125 million and 173 millions so you better be selling this **** hard.

Desperation, Opportunity.
Potato, Potahto.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty This is when having played helps...

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:51 pm

While all the talking heads aren't wrong, most don't like this trade, but listen to players, especially players with a Detroit Love, like Chauncey & Jalen...

Jalen

But as I said, some talking heads get it...

But don't forget, SVG did something SMART:
One under the radar aspect of the Blake Griffin trade is that the Pistons created a $7M trade exception. Detroit will have a full year to use and the exception could be a valuable asset based on roster/cap restrictions next season.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty 4th Option Reggie $ SVG Hedging

Post  WTF Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm trying to think of all the positives I can about this trade but 2 things keep standing the way 1. Reggie and 2. SVG. Of course there are a couple of other concerns I have like the issue of health and chemistry but I be optimistic and say it's all good.

1. Reggie Jackson in a perfect world Kennard replaces Bradley as starting SG and Reggie comes back healthy then I think it's important that Reggie reduces himself as being the 4th option on offense and consistently find ways to create opportunities for Kennard, Blake and Andre.  He needs to channel his inner CB, if he could do then this team contends next season at least on paper it does. But I'm talking next season.

2. SVG after listening to his pressure today it sounded like he's willing to change his thinking on how these teams needs to be coached moving forward. I'm still not convince SVG can get out of his own way and do the right thing here.  If I'm not mistaken I swore I heard him say he would like to lean towards a more traditional approach with his offense and do things differently from the rest of the league after he was asked about the pairing of AD and Blake in perimeter oriented league.  I smiled and then quickly said to myself "You're Lying"  

SVG said this was more about opportunity than desperation and acknowledge the risk but I'm still not clear on what opportunity he's talking about.  I wanted to hear more definitive comments like this move puts us at next level,  that this moves give us that opportunity to contend with the Celtics and Cavs.  I didn't want to hear all the disclaimers or ifs that only feeds my doubts further.  He said he ignored all the analytical so what is the eye test telling him and I think he avoided answering that.    If this is a risk or bold move be bold on how you speak about it, you're paying these guys 125 million and 173 millions so you better be selling this **** hard.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next