Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Stones

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:05 am

Hey Stones, let me start of with an apology. I did think my first post to you was off and I wasn't trying to back out, I was really trying to clean up that first post because it read somewhat snarky!

I don't believe you can be the smartest guy in the room when you're guessing what someone else is going to do and you don't have the majority of the information they'll use to make decisions! So that's not anywhere I'm coming from.

I was only trying to make a point about what we're trying to do, and Seb wasn't confused or upset, he simply responded as he always does.

I thought what you posted covered all of the points I would consider and a couple I hadn't focused on as much, so that list was great, and I should have led off with that!

So apologies for my half assed attempt to make a point and let's move on!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Oracle...

Post  Go Stones! Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:33 am

Oracle wrote:@Stones - I should have said all of your points except the first one lol ! Of course if there are any trades, and my money is almost 100% on there being at least one, all bets are off! Having said that, you make predictions based on what exists at the time, so with that said, I do know where you're coming from!

@DX - I see that you're with Stones, but I don't think you get what he's saying. Anyway, where's the fun of waiting until they tell you everything? Sometimes you like to survey the available information and make/draw some conclusions on your own. Or didn't you do that under Joe's reign of terror lol ?

Have you ever thought about politics? The way you backed out of that initial statement was pretty classic. I understand that you guys are just having fun with "what if" scenarios. It appeared you guys were getting a little heated over these same situations, which should just be fun on surface level. It seemed there were more emotions and feelings getting involved. I just wanted to be a voice of reason. Maybe I just was stating the obvious. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. I'm just not into the alpha male contest of measuring body parts. Usually that means the one who speaks the loudest and most determined is overcompensating. Not a slam against anyone, just my way of processing stuff.

Maybe posting something that challenges everyone to create their starting line-up predictions and have someone record them all? Or, what need is so huge in the line-up that SVG will create a trade to make it strength?

Since this is a forum, it may be a better approach to challenge more people to post and see where they are coming from instead of hearing beating of chests and trying to convince everyone who the smartest man in the room is.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Sparma, I here what you're saying about placing our hopes on Nathan... I can't blame D.D. for his efforts trying to bring in a legit closer... these guys have all been solid closersin the past... for some reason they come here and lose their metal.
I'd like to think that one of these guys would step up in the next couple weeks... I'm honestly more comfortable with Albuquerque getting outs.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Fans respond to Josh Smith starting at SF

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:01 pm

FORUM - Page 5 Zshlxnlyw3gv4otgvgxz
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Mayweather, On Being A Serial Woman Beater: "Only God Can Judge Me"

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:00 pm

FORUM - Page 5 5uYzbh6g_normal God @TheTweetOfGod
Follow
"Floyd Mayweather on History of Beating Women: 'Only God Can Judge Me'." Hi, Floyd! It's God. You're going to hell.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparma Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Wise, condolences concerning your nephew. That's tragic. It sure puts sports in context.

But back to Detroit sports.

One of my takes on Monroe signing the q.o. is that the coach is freed to use him exactly as best fits the needs of the team, without worrying about his feelings and the coach's long term relationship with him. For me, that means using him as a super sub, mainly a C, but also at PF as needed.

The Tigers are pulling it together at the right time, but oh my goodness, what can we hope for with Nathan as closer?

With fear and trembling, I've signed up for NBA Pass, so I'll be able to follow this year's story in detail. If only there's some kind of upward line, with Drummond developing, and with Stan enacting a vision for the team.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty World Cup...

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:26 pm

The Europeans surprised us a few years ago and folks thought they had caught up. Well, the NBA now shoots the 3 ball a lot more and very effectively, and we're still a lot faster!

Team USA, with hardly any major stars ran through these guys like they were the high school JV squad... AMAZING!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Lions

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:22 pm

That effing Stafford is getting on my LAST nerve!

The defense is stunningly good although the secondary is still a bit suspect, but it was Stafford, who again, given the best receivers on the planet can't learn to nickel and dime his way down field to get the job done!

Stafford has a deadly combination... slow, dumb, and prone to errors EXACTLY timed to do the most damage!

Get this team a good QB and watch them take off!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Stones & DX

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:14 pm

@Stones - I should have said all of your points except the first one lol ! Of course if there are any trades, and my money is almost 100% on there being at least one, all bets are off! Having said that, you make predictions based on what exists at the time, so with that said, I do know where you're coming from!

@DX - I see that you're with Stones, but I don't think you get what he's saying. Anyway, where's the fun of waiting until they tell you everything? Sometimes you like to survey the available information and make/draw some conclusions on your own. Or didn't you do that under Joe's reign of terror lol ?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Waking to a nightmare

Post  deusXango Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:22 pm

I've been reading too many opening night, starting lineup predictions that has Smith at SF and Monroe at PF; if this is what SVG decides to do then we've wasted another year to try climbing back into contention. I'm done watching that train wreck of a lineup.

There shouldn't be a competition between Monroe and Smith for starting PF, because Monroe's not a PF! That would be a sh!tty move to include him in a starting role that's, IMHO, undeserved. Why isn't he competing with the other true centers for PT? Josh is the highest paid Piston, so why isn't he given the respect that should be accorded the highest paid player? Why can't Monroe start at SF and let Smith start at PF? If he's not considered a center only, but can be plugged in any damn where, why not SF? Just like what was done with Stuckey; first it was PG, then SG, then SF before he was brought off the bench (where he played his best ball I might add). For years Stuckey was treated as if it was a sin to bring him off the bench; Monroe needs to come off the bench behind Drummond....that's not taking anything away from Moose, but adding to the potency of the Pistons. Nothing will turn me against SVG quicker than him starting Monroe at PF at the expense of insulting Smith with another year of ridicule for trying to play a position he's not cut out for!

I'm with Stones though, we won't know what the real deal is until opening night, but if the basketball soothsayers are correct, I don't want to see them play.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Twitterverse

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:17 pm

FORUM - Page 5 8cfc0cbe54e9518c827e3cbc80b69e6e_normal Vincent Goodwill @vgoodwill
Follow
Floyd the human being may be despicable but the boxer is unparalleled

FORUM - Page 5 Klanglois_100_normalKeith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Follow
23-4 run for Team USA. Kyrie Irving looks terrific. Cleveland could be scary good this season.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Lions...

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:51 pm

BTW, if you're looking for a Lions forum, there's a very active one here - http://www.detroitlionsforum.com

As usual I'm Oracle over there with the same Avatar!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Stones, yes, but....

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:39 pm

NONE of your points matter, not one single bit, not even close, on opening night!

What we're doing is predicting the opening night starters!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seb, IMO, that's an interesting idea that I quite frankly didn't think about with JJ!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Let's Back This Up...RE: Starting Line-Up

Post  Go Stones! Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:00 am

I'd love for someone to keep track of who says what on starting line-ups. Can we all admit that it is too early in the season to judge this? Am I the only one that laughs at the memory of someone suggesting Billups as starting PG last year? At the time it made sense, but...LOL!!!

These are the factors that will determine the starting line-up:

1. Any trades that may occur before the season starts.
2. SVG may be able to tweak things that other coaches couldn't.
3. Some players may play off each other better. Remember how Bynum was great with alley-ops to Dre during the season?
4. Injuries...who is in, who is out.
5. Who's in shape physically?
6. Who's in shape mentally? That "peed" comment has to hurt mentally.
7. Coaching staff...we don't know who may be an unsung hero and assist someone to have a breakout year.
8. Respect for staff. If there is cancer in the locker room don't be too surprised if SVG trades them.
9. Team by team matchups. If there is a huge SF (ie, the player who WAS Lebron James) I can see SVG putting Josh Smith on him.
10. Age: we may have a few players (ie, Butler) who may need to have every other game off like Billups did.
11. SVG may start someone who only plays 10 min or so to get the right system going defensively (or offensively). Like how Ben Wallace was treated his last year.

The days of having the same line-up like we did in the mid 2000s with Billups, Rip, Tay, and Wallaces are pretty much done. This team is a work in progress. None of the suggested line-ups are "wrong" but the above list of considerations should show you that it is not an easy task to fill out the line-up on a nightly basis.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Seb

Post  WTF Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:04 am

Seb wrote:Now, I can hear my Pistons Pals, saying Jerebko as the starting SF. Yes, Jerebko is OUR best option as starting SF giving the current roster constraints. Jerebko is tall enough (6' 10"), active enough, and moves well enough, to guard the position. He can play baseline to baseline. He has range on his jumper and he can put the ball on the floor well enough. He's a veteran, who is really hitting his prime, as a 27-year old, 5-year vet, who the League would have a difficult time scouting against as his game would be difficult to gauge by opponents. He is in the final year of his contract. And, I would guess that next to Dre, he is probably the next popular Piston amongst the fans, currently wearing a Pistons uniform.

Seb, if we were talking about the Jerebko after his rookie season I would agree with you a 100% but I hear people talk about BB IQ all the time here and IMO Jerebko biggest barrier has been his BB IQ and his confidence so I'm not convinced he needs to start. Don't get me wrong its an intriguing thought to start him just not sure I would go that route or that he can beat out Singler or Butler for SF minutes. Right now he's backing up Josh this season based on what he's shown since being here.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty I'm Excited

Post  WTF Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:53 am

First, Thanks everyone for you kind and caring thoughts. BIG THANKS!

I have to disagree with many that KCP is worthy of starting over Meeks perhaps somewhere down the road he'll prove it but not today. KCP closed out last season well and had a very productive Summer League but its not enough to convince me he's turned the corner completely. Being the overall 8th pick before Burke and MCW you would hope this kid doesn't become a wasted pick because that's what he will be if he doesn't eventually start for this team.

I think this team will be exciting to watch this season if for no other reason the intrigue of change with a new regime and addition of the handful of players added. I'm curious how it will be all pieced together and how well it might work but at the end of the day I'm not looking for excitement I'm looking for wins so if we can get that then I'm happy.

The Lions looked good last week but they didn't look very exciting in their win Monday night but they did a lot of things right oppose to exciting and wrong especially in the case of Stafford. I can see similar results coming from the Pistons this season a lot of doing the right stuff than trying to be entertainers in losses.

At this point the only thing that could turn me off is how SVG uses Monroe knowing he's not part of the team going forward. I'm going to have issue if he starts him of play him excessive minutes. My hopes is that SVG will make some type of trade rather it is trading Monroe immediately or trading for his replacement using other pieces and assets so that we don't have to play him much.

I just think we need to get out the thinking that it's business as usual and that Joe is no longer running this show. This is way I'm not sticking to what happened yesterday and looking for the same o' same o' to take place. Everything is better IMO clap
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Who should start?

Post  Sebastian Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:43 am

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:First, I'm just sick about your loss Wise! I wish nobody ever had to go through that level of loss, so we all share your pain!

While abuse is a BIG problem and the reaction to the Rice video should be shocking, we need to make sure that the punishment fits the crime... in ALL walks of life! They're punishing Rice like he's a serial abuses, rather than a guy that made a mistake. A fine and 1 month suspension should be the max, but only because it got national attention and they've got to do more to set an example(not fair, but there it is). But what they're doing to him is adding another crime on top of what has already happened... stupid!

Back to Basketball:
IMO, the starting lineup should/will be: Jennings, Meeks, Singler, Josh, Drummond

The shaky ones are the first 3! Jennings grip on the starting position is weak, IMO, KCP is the better all around player, but we need to see what Meeks brings. Singler has a weak hold on the starting SF, but if he's made strides in the offseason, he could solidify his grip!

I would use Monroe mostly as the backup center with some time backing up the 4, but I would consider starting him at center when offense is more important than defense.

Concerns:
If you've watched TeamUSA, Drummond has looked, well, like Drummond of the past year, no improvement! I'm not concerned long term, he'll be a beast, but I am concerned about what we can expect this coming year!

I would be very happy if Drummond concentrated on being the best defensive center in the game! Become a much bigger Big Ben, THEN work on his offensive game! We don't need everything all at once!

We need Singler to take a leap this season if we're going to be competitive! We need him to be a threat from deep, and to continue to move without the ball, but he'll be as good as the guards he's playing with, so we'll see.

Oracle thinks that the starting 5 should be: Jennings, Meeks, Singler, Josh, Drummond. Damn that is a depressing group to start games, even the roaches want come out to watch this starting quintet. Damn if this is all that WE have to look forward to, then this will be the most depressing of NBA seasons as a Pistons fan.

Ok Seb, you have the same players to pick from, and you're smart enough to apply real basketball logic, what would you predict with the current players?

I can 100% agree that it's FAR from exciting, based on last years performances by all concerned, but your comment sounded like someone wanting something that reality says isn't even possible!

You play the games with the players you have, NOT the ones you're fantasizing about in your dreams!

These are predictions, not desires!!!

Who should start with roster WE currently have? A fair question, Oracle. Given the players that WE have I would roll with B. Jennings (PG), KCP (SG), Jerebko (SF), Josh (PF), and Dre (C). I would come off with F@ckin; Jodie Meeks as a the back-up SG. Truth be told, I actually do see a lot of Vinnie in F@ckin' Jodie Meeks.

D.J. Augustin would be the back-up PG, because truth be told that is who he is. Singler would be the back-up SF, but I would not be adverse to having shifts of Josh (SF), Moose (PF), and Dre (C), when WE play the Grizzlies, Jazz, Bulls, Pacers, the teams that play big front lines. but Singler would become the 8th/9th-man that he truly is. Moose would become the best back-up Center/PF in the League.

Now, I can hear my Pistons Pals, saying Jerebko as the starting SF. Yes, Jerebko is OUR best option as starting SF given the current roster constraints. Jerebko is tall enough (6' 10"), active enough, and moves well enough, to guard the position. He can play baseline to baseline. He has range on his jumper and he can put the ball on the floor well enough. He's a veteran, who is really hitting his prime, as a 27-year old, 5-year vet, who the League would have a difficult time scouting against as his game would be difficult to gauge by opponents. He is in the final year of his contract. And, I would guess that next to Dre, he is probably the next popular Piston amongst the fans, currently wearing a Pistons uniform.

So folks driving to the Palace in 12 inches of snow on a midweek day in January will be more excited to see the aforementioned rotation than any other that SVG is able to administer, again given OUR current roster.

PG: B. Jennings/D.J. Augustin/Wil B.
SG: KCP/F@ckin' Jodie Meeks
SF: Jerebko/Singler/Caron Butler
PF: Josh/Moose
C: Dre/Moose

Note: Dinwiddie would continue to conduct his non-game activities. Cartier Martin and Gray would be in street clothes or wearing warm-ups all game long. Jerebko could slide to PF at times, while Singler or Caron Butler are playing the SF position. Singler and Butler can see minutes at the SG position, also at times.

Now, personally, I do believe that a trade will happen before the start of the season, as OUR roster currently has 16 contracted players.

Last edited by Sebastian on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty DX/Seb

Post  Oracle Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:23 am

deusXango wrote:Oracle, Sebastian, think about this; KCP should be the young gun starting along with Drummond! He and Andre should be Pistons 5-years from now and the other three starters will probably be long gone, due to team upgrades. The first and obvious upgrade is at PG and that will take place whenever Dinwiddie is completely healed and rehabbed; another reason KCP should be starting.

Augustin should be the starting PG because he'll be easier to replace with Dinwiddie, when he's ready to join the lineup/rotation, than Jennings will. Augustin will go to the bench and become a reliable backup, whereas Jennings will suck as a starter and backup. Jennings wants to be "the hero" and his consistent scoring abilities are less than average, but it doesn't stop him from playing "me" ball instead of team ball. It's time to start looking to trade him.

Is it too late for a sign and trade for Monroe? Even though he's signed the Q.O. can he sign an extension with us? I'm curious because I think he'd make a great Laker, following in the footsteps of great Lakers centers. I know that Jennings wants to be a Laker and he makes more sense than Nash right now. Where I'm going with this is suggesting a trade of Monroe, Jennings and Bynum for Nash and Randle.

Sebastian, once the team takes the floor they'll be more exciting than they've been in years (as long as Smith isn't playing SF and Monroe isn't playing PF) and we won't be forced to suffer through watching selfish, dumb ass basketball being played. The ball should move more, the outside shooting should be better, and the defense will be a whole lot better. Once the wins start to pile up, I'll be excited if no one else is.

I hope Seb was just responding out of frustration that we don't have a better PG & SF. IMO, Singler is good, but not overly talented or exciting, and if you read my post, needs to show a lot of improvement to even keep the gig, but on day one, I think he gets the nod!

Augustin is my pick to start, but Jennings will, and from this ex players position, should get the opportunity to lose his position, so on day one he gets the nod!

Meeks ONLY gets the nod over KCP based on experience & his fat ass contract! KCP, IMO, is clearly the player with the huge upside(thanks Joe), and Meeks is hopefully forced into his perfect role(I think), as the new Microwave off the bench!

But where Seb is wrong is about the excitement!

Players are exciting when they start to win or even play tough! We'll see how that plays out, but Josh & Drummond are capable of near highlight stuff every game, and in some cases Jennings can wow you too!

If Meeks is anywhere near as billed, this team can be very competitive, and if they're competitive, I bet you that you'll get excited!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Gentlemen, gentlemen

Post  deusXango Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Oracle, Sebastian, think about this; KCP should be the young gun starting along with Drummond! He and Andre should be Pistons 5-years from now and the other three starters will probably be long gone, due to team upgrades. The first and obvious upgrade is at PG and that will take place whenever Dinwiddie is completely healed and rehabbed; another reason KCP should be starting.

Augustin should be the starting PG because he'll be easier to replace with Dinwiddie, when he's ready to join the lineup/rotation, than Jennings will. Augustin will go to the bench and become a reliable backup, whereas Jennings will suck as a starter and backup. Jennings wants to be "the hero" and his consistent scoring abilities are less than average, but it doesn't stop him from playing "me" ball instead of team ball. It's time to start looking to trade him.

Is it too late for a sign and trade for Monroe? Even though he's signed the Q.O. can he sign an extension with us? I'm curious because I think he'd make a great Laker, following in the footsteps of great Lakers centers. I know that Jennings wants to be a Laker and he makes more sense than Nash right now. Where I'm going with this is suggesting a trade of Monroe, Jennings and Bynum for Nash and Randle.

Sebastian, once the team takes the floor they'll be more exciting than they've been in years (as long as Smith isn't playing SF and Monroe isn't playing PF) and we won't be forced to suffer through watching selfish, dumb ass basketball being played. The ball should move more, the outside shooting should be better, and the defense will be a whole lot better. Once the wins start to pile up, I'll be excited if no one else is.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Ok Mr. excitement, where's your starting lineup?

Post  Oracle Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:First, I'm just sick about your loss Wise! I wish nobody ever had to go through that level of loss, so we all share your pain!

While abuse is a BIG problem and the reaction to the Rice video should be shocking, we need to make sure that the punishment fits the crime... in ALL walks of life! They're punishing Rice like he's a serial abuses, rather than a guy that made a mistake. A fine and 1 month suspension should be the max, but only because it got national attention and they've got to do more to set an example(not fair, but there it is). But what they're doing to him is adding another crime on top of what has already happened... stupid!

Back to Basketball:
IMO, the starting lineup should/will be: Jennings, Meeks, Singler, Josh, Drummond

The shaky ones are the first 3! Jennings grip on the starting position is weak, IMO, KCP is the better all around player, but we need to see what Meeks brings. Singler has a weak hold on the starting SF, but if he's made strides in the offseason, he could solidify his grip!

I would use Monroe mostly as the backup center with some time backing up the 4, but I would consider starting him at center when offense is more important than defense.

Concerns:
If you've watched TeamUSA, Drummond has looked, well, like Drummond of the past year, no improvement! I'm not concerned long term, he'll be a beast, but I am concerned about what we can expect this coming year!

I would be very happy if Drummond concentrated on being the best defensive center in the game! Become a much bigger Big Ben, THEN work on his offensive game! We don't need everything all at once!

We need Singler to take a leap this season if we're going to be competitive! We need him to be a threat from deep, and to continue to move without the ball, but he'll be as good as the guards he's playing with, so we'll see.

Oracle thinks that the starting 5 should be: Jennings, Meeks, Singler, Josh, Drummond. Damn that is a depressing group to start games, even the roaches want come out to watch this starting quintet. Damn if this is all that WE have to look forward to, then this will be the most depressing of NBA seasons as a Pistons fan.

Ok Seb, you have the same players to pick from, and you're smart enough to apply real basketball logic, what would you predict with the current players?

I can 100% agree that it's FAR from exciting, based on last years performances by all concerned, but your comment sounded like someone wanting something that reality says isn't even possible!

You play the games with the players you have, NOT the ones you're fantasizing about in your dreams!

These are predictions, not desires!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Oracle that is a piss poor starting 5 ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:05 pm

Back to Basketball:

Concerns:

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Where you start isn't where you finish...

Post  Oracle Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:42 pm

First, I'm just sick about your loss Wise! I wish nobody ever had to go through that level of loss, so we all share your pain!

Back to Basketball:

Concerns:

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Catching up

Post  deusXango Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Wise, God Bless and keep you and your family through this time of senseless loss. I feel a kinship to you brother and I speak from the heart.

Murph, I saw the projected depth charts and couldn't believe my eyes; with the signings made to bring some balance to the roster, why would we continue to play 40% of the starting lineup out of position? Wait a minute, this is more of that dumb ass reporting by irresponsible journalists working under drunken editors; this can't be what the new regime has in mind without seeing the players compete for positions in the gym.

I think most fans, like Don and I, would prefer substance over style and that gives Augustin a leg up over Jennings; who wants a Ferrari, without an engine? It's not about the wisdom of getting rid of BK 7 for Jennings, but the fact is, Augustin is a big upgrade over BK 7 and that's who should be our starting PG. I can't believe that Monroe would be considered for starting for one year under any circumstances. He's made it clear he wants out and these psychological "blow jobs" won't change his mind. If he just wanted to test his worth on FA he's had his chance; he wants out! It's Josh's turn to show what he can do playing his natural NBA position of PF (I don't want to hear he's too small for PF because Millsap is smaller, but plays a hell of a game) and on a 1-year deal at $5.5 million, Monroe brings his ass off the bench! Monroe is not going to approve a trade, plain and simple, so we should stop deluding ourselves. Whoever kicks ass and wins the start at SF during training camp should be the one to start the season, providing no trade is made to clearly upgrade at SF. Oh and one more thing about Monroe, him coming off the bench is not being vindictive, it's logic; he's got to play his best ball, however he's used, or damage his signing value. GM's aren't as dumb as we think, nor are agents as powerful as we think either.

KCP's confidence is growing by leaps and bounds; it would be a shame to short circuit the progress he's made by starting Meeks over him; F@ckin Jodie Meeks is being paid handsomely and that should mean something to him as far as what SVG thinks of his game. KCP is the future alpha scoring hopeful we have to play with Drummond; allow him to keep growing.

Augustin-Jennings/Dinwiddie
Caldwell-Pope-Meeks
Singler, Butler, Datome, Martin, you take your pick.
Smith-Monroe/Jerebko
Drummond-Monroe

No way in hell is Bynum, Mitchell, or Gray seeing the floor; wave the towels fellas or we get someone who will. lol
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty No Way

Post  WTF Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Murph wrote:After looking at several pre-season depth charts for the Pistons, it looks like deja vu all over again.  The two depth charts I've looked at have this starting line-up:  Jennings, Meeks, Smith, Monroe and Drummond.

I thought we pretty much determined last year that Smith wasn't much of a SF, and Monroe wasn't much of a PF.  Oh well...the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hopefully, SVG is just trying to show-case Monroe, by starting him, so that he might be able to trade him for some value, before the deadline.  

SVG repeat last season mistake of starting Josh, Greg and Andre. I don't see it happening especially that Greg is here on a QO and likely gone. Wouldn't make sense to start Greg yet alone give him premium playing time. I just don't see that happening.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Its A Mad Mad Mad World

Post  WTF Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Murph wrote:Wise...sorry to hear about your nephew.  That's really senseless.

Thanks Murph and yes senseless indeed. Sorry to put this out there but just had a moment. Now back to basketball.

No debate Chauncey should get a HOF bid, and his jersey needs to go into the rafter this season. He carried and led the team to the finals twice and kept this team relevant for 7-8 seasons. He wasn't a sidekick so if players such as Joe and Pippen can go in so should Chauncey.

My guess for the starting line up is Brandon, Caron, Josh, Jodie, and Andre, with Augustin, KCP, Singler, JJ, Monroe coming off the bench. Monroe time will be largely backing up Andre and I'm hoping it all equates to about 15 minutes maximum. I'm think JJ will get the back up PF minutes exclusively unless foul trouble dictates Monroe getting any time at that position. Once Dinwiddie becomes healthy enough who knows how what the rotation will be but this is my guess.

What I'm hoping for is a trade before training camp or the start of the season. The team has almost 6M in caps space and a handful of expiring contracts and a couple of other tradable pieces. I think we need to go after another big and get stronger at SF so I'm willing to move some players many might think we need to keep. Here are the players I can see being moved in order to upgrade these 2 areas (Singler, JJ, Mitchell, Bynum, along with the remaining caps space) could net up a return of Batum and Anderson. I know there are tons of Singler and JJ fans but these players are an upgrade over both of them. Right now we need to reduce the roster via trades now that the Monroe nonsense is decided.

Okay back to the NFL what the hell. Peterson of the Vikings has been deactivated! I can say good for our Lions but what the hell is going on with this nonsense and this guy could be facing jail-time Wow! Now you got women coming out all over saying they've been abused by some NFL player and, NBA owners stepping down in fear of become the next Sterling.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next