Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I Wonder...

Post  Go Stones! Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:38 pm

If Rondo and JSmith want to be teammates, why not work it out with Boston for this to happen? Keep in mind that Rondo is a free agent next year and Boston may see the handwriting on the wall...OR, they may want to keep him by acquiring JSmith.

I bet Monroe would work out great for the Boston Cs. They have Smart to fill Rondo's void. I'm sure they would rather have Rondo mentor Smart this year.

Rondo, Jennings, DJ Augustin, Rookie, Bynum
Meeks, KCP
Butler, Singler
Smith, JJ, Datome, Mithell
Dre, Gray

This is a very capable squad with a combination of vets and young at all positions! SVG could make some trades to assist in converting excessive PGs (Bynum, Jennings) into more quality depth at PF/SF. Some of the PGs could also convert over to SG too.

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty J Smoove to Indiana?

Post  WTF Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Go Stones! wrote:I'm guessing that SVG is talking to Larry Bird about sending JSmith to Indiana to fill in for PGeorge's vacancy.  PGeorge will have his salary paid by insurance, so they will have more.  

I'm not in favor, as I would rather have JSmith without Monroe.  I just can't see Indiana roll over this year b/c their best player is out.  

I highly doubt it for a few reasons.  1. Josh would be a better SF in Indy no more than he was here.  2. A lot of fans may hate Josh but SVG loves him so as SVG the return would have to be a no brainer.  3. Smart fans know it better to keep Josh and let Monroe go.

If anything they would discussing Singler as he's right up Birds alley for the type of players he likes.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty J Smoove to Indiana?

Post  Go Stones! Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:27 pm

I'm guessing that SVG is talking to Larry Bird about sending JSmith to Indiana to fill in for PGeorge's vacancy. PGeorge will have his salary paid by insurance, so they will have more.

I'm not in favor, as I would rather have JSmith without Monroe. I just can't see Indiana roll over this year b/c their best player is out.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Anyone know anything about Billy Hunter and why the NBA player's association paid big money to have an audit completed?

Post  cool breeze Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:32 pm

It appears that the players union spent around 5 million dollars for a forensic audit before replacing Hunter. What is up with this rumor?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 pm

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:

It's a shame that such a young and promising NBA star like Paul George, should sustain as horrific an injury as witnessed here. Looking at the size and athletic prowess of these young men we (I) often forget that they're just that...young! How hard and well formed is the bone structure of a 20 something year old athlete? Basketball is a contact sport (football is a collision sport) that's basically played in t-shirts, short pants, and a pair of gym shoes, at a very high rate of speed. I'm not saying this because I'm not fool enough to say "sh!t happens" but, am compassionate enough and cautious enough to say we should bring Drummond home.

Our future hopes for a star player is wrapped up in this guy...he's not had the opportunity to earn his worth...excellent character from where I sit...he has nothing to prove but, everything to gain...he's a Piston and Pistons rarely get the respect they deserve...I'm looking at God tapping on our hood with the short youtube picture above!

Anyone remember Phil Hubbard? Arguably the best big man in America on both ends of the floor playing for U of M; going into his senior year and playing in an international exhibition game, he sustained an injury he NEVER fully recovered from, cutting short all the wonderful promise he had. Oh, he played in the NBA but, his major contribution to the sport (as far as my selfishness is concerned) was being traded from the Pistons for Kenny Carr and BILL LAIMBEER. Poor testament for such a great young man. Bring Drummond home; there are other ways to develop his game.
I know the feeling of having my basketball career taken away in one second when a 6 foot 10 inch 260 pound center performed a jump stop on my left foot which severed my ACL as I was driving to the basket. Before that happened I could not imagine that even ever happening to me. And that is the way you have to think to be able to play the game fearlessly. 

Phil Hubbard was one of my favorite players. His quickness was amazing. After that horrible injury, he was never the same player and everyone but Dick Vitale knew it. Remember when Vitale was hired as the Piston's coach the year Detroit had 3 number one draft picks. First off he was responsible for creating Bird Rights and presented the gift of Larry Bird to the Celtics because he was determined to sign Bob MacAdoo who told the press that he didn't want to play for Detroit. Vitale then make Hubbard his number one pick for the Pistons and used the other two picks on his former U of D players. A close friend gave up his highly successful high school coaching job to take an assistant coaching position with U of Detroit during Vitale's last two years as their coach. Soon after fall practice began, my friend said that his decision to take that job was the biggest mistake in his life. Dick was able to get some players at U of D, bring in the fans and put U of D on the map but apparently had little knowledge relating to teaching or strategy. As my friend said while shaking his head the man doesn't have a clue as to how to coach players but sure does yell a lot and he gives him a headache every day that he had to be around him.  So when Piston management hired Vitale, I knew the Pistons were in big trouble. He didn't last long but crazy things happen and he found his true calling when ESPN hired him as an announcer. We sure to live in a wild and crazy world. But to this day, I find myself turning off the sound whenever he is on the air. There goes another dapper dandy baby. Why do people like that nonsense??? On the other hand, I listen to every word that Steve Kerr says. Can most fans notice the difference?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Bring Drummond home

Post  deusXango Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:47 am

Oracle wrote:

It's a shame that such a young and promising NBA star like Paul George, should sustain as horrific an injury as witnessed here. Looking at the size and athletic prowess of these young men we (I) often forget that they're just that...young! How hard and well formed is the bone structure of a 20 something year old athlete? Basketball is a contact sport (football is a collision sport) that's basically played in t-shirts, short pants, and a pair of gym shoes, at a very high rate of speed. I'm not saying this because I'm not fool enough to say "sh!t happens" but, am compassionate enough and cautious enough to say we should bring Drummond home.

Our future hopes for a star player is wrapped up in this guy...he's not had the opportunity to earn his worth...excellent character from where I sit...he has nothing to prove but, everything to gain...he's a Piston and Pistons rarely get the respect they deserve...I'm looking at God tapping on our hood with the short youtube picture above!

Anyone remember Phil Hubbard? Arguably the best big man in America on both ends of the floor playing for U of M; going into his senior year and playing in an international exhibition game, he sustained an injury he NEVER fully recovered from, cutting short all the wonderful promise he had. Oh, he played in the NBA but, his major contribution to the sport (as far as my selfishness is concerned) was being traded from the Pistons for Kenny Carr and BILL LAIMBEER. Poor testament for such a great young man. Bring Drummond home; there are other ways to develop his game.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Monroe to Atlanta??? More ink filling BS!

Post  WTF Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:54 am

Oracle wrote:No way no how, unless Atlanta wants Josh Smith back for some minor players and some picks  lol 

Monroe is SCREWED, just like he should be!

When you pull out a gun and people laugh in your face then ram it up your arse, you've been exposed as the pussy that you are!

Monroe & his agent, limp dick double o nothing, were shooting blanks and now they're BUSTED!

I really pray that we can get a S&T, but I don't see how, unless SVG is willing to take almost nothing! I'm sick of Monroe now and just want to move on... PLEASE find a way to get rid of his ass!

Wise & Don, I'm so sorry for taking up for this chump! You guys were right, he isn't worth it!

Sure Joe did a mind job on him, just like he did on Knight, telling them that it was their team before they even proved that they deserved it(Joe did that too many times), and that's sad! However, Monroe shouldn't have believed that anybody can declare you anything, you have to go out and EARN that level of leadership!

John Wooden said that adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it... well, take a good look at Monroe!!!

Oracle, no apologies required I just don't get how so many of you miss seeing this character flaw. This kid has skated his way through during his time at Georgetown and he's basically has done the same thing here the last three season. I know he has potential to be great but you have to want that and he doesn't so why would we fork over a sh!t load of money only to continue to watch him pout about Josh and Andre.

Monroe could have easily be sitting with New York, LA, Cleveland or Bulls right now if he and his agent weren't greedy f@cks.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Here it is!!! WOW! I Really Feel Bad For Him

Post  WTF Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:44 am

Oracle wrote:

That was hard to watch damn and I really feel bad for him. This is why I don't want Drummond playing he's already injured his back twice last season and the season before. These players are not getting paid for those international games and should be practicing with their teams.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty DAMN PAUL GEORGE!!!!

Post  Phil-Good Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:10 am

God Bless!!! Paul. I am happy you get your Max contract. Money wise, you will be OK.

I don't think things will be the same skill wise. But I hope you bounce back!

Good LUCK!!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Paul George's injury ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:20 am

Oracle wrote:Paul George suffers MAJOR leg injury, and if you can get NBATV, it's on the scale of Joe Thiesman and Shaun Livingston... it's UGLY as hell, as his leg completely break in two!!!

Sad, sad Day!!!

With respect to Paul George, I hope that he is able to recover, but the Pacers are f@cked. They have no flexibility. No one to trade in an attempt to salvage the loss of Paul George.

The Pacers should have never low-balled the Eight Grader.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Here it is!!!

Post  Oracle Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:16 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Major Breaking News!!!

Post  Oracle Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:14 am

Paul George suffers MAJOR leg injury, and if you can get NBATV, it's on the scale of Joe Thiesman and Shaun Livingston... it's UGLY as hell, as his leg completely break in two!!!

Sad, sad Day!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Live Basketball

Post  Sparma Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:03 pm

Fun to watch the latter part of the USA scrimmage, with our very own out there. Drummond looked lively on a rebound, then took a shot a bit out of his range (as observed by the announcer) which didn't come close. Lillard finished the first half with a shot from around his own free throw line which went in. Durant made one of the best dunks I've ever seen, against Davis. Davis looked in perfect position for the block attempt, but Durant curved his body while in the air, finishing with a strong dunk. Not sure anyone on earth could have duplicated that move, which isn't to say that Durant is as good a dunker as LeBron, but just that the combination of length, flexibility, and instant smarts is awfully impressive and, I think, unique.

btw, I'm guessing AD has some solid info about Monroe coming home, better info than I have, at least. Whether he comes home by way of the qo or a short deal rather than with a mutually satisfying long term deal is a different matter. And I'm not willing to rule out a sign-and-trade, even though AD's prediction does carry weight with me.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Oracle wrote:No way no how, unless Atlanta wants Josh Smith back for some minor players and some picks  lol 

When you pull out a gun and people laugh in your face then ram it up your arse, you've been exposed as the pussy that you are!

Monroe & his agent, limp dick double o nothing, were shooting blanks and now they're BUSTED!

I really pray that we can get a S&T, but I don't see how, unless SVG is willing to take almost nothing! I'm sick of Monroe now and just want to move on... PLEASE find a way to get rid of his ass!

Wise & Don, I'm so sorry for taking up for this chump! You guys were right, he isn't worth it!

Sure Joe did a mind job on him, just like he did on Knight, telling them that it was their team before they even proved that they deserved it(Joe did that too many times), and that's sad! However, Monroe shouldn't have believed that anybody can declare you anything, you have to go out and EARN that level of leadership!

John Wooden said that adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it... well, take a good look at Monroe!!!
Oracle I love that quote from the great John Wooden as well. But perhaps there might be some hope with Atlanta. I would of course like Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague but that would be too good to be true to get rid of both Monroe and Jennings with one trade. But Phil Boy might have something relating to Al Horford. I know that Smith and Horford did pal around a lot off the court when Smith was a Hawk. I am not clear on Horford's injury that kept him out of the playoffs this past season but if healthy, Horford is a dependable player who might generate better team chemistry relating to the moody Smith. Horford is a pretty good defender would compliment both Smith and Drummond. 

One last comment on Brandon Jennings. It appears that there is no way that SVG can move him based on his performance last season and his crazy contract. But I do know that Jennings hates the idea of not being a starter and might be doing more work this summer than he has ever done in his entire life. He has put on at least 20 pounds and that extra weight is not fat. Jennings is capable of being a really good point guard with his God given talent and if he connects well with Stan relating to playing pick and roll and losing his bad habits on defense, we might have a real surprise in store for us. Add Horford to the mix of players and we will have a new team that could become impressive. With Monroe staying on the team, I have very little hope for much improvement and I know Van Gundy must feel the same way.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Monroe to Atlanta??? More ink filling BS!

Post  Oracle Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:55 pm

No way no how, unless Atlanta wants Josh Smith back for some minor players and some picks  lol 

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Trade Idea

Post  Phil-Good Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:13 pm

I don't see ATL giving up Jeff Teague but I do see them giving up A first round pick and Al Hartford.

I think that would be A solid addition. Let me take A look at Al Hartford contract. 12 Mill for 14/15 15/16. Not bad. I know he coming off A bad knee so it's 50/50 If Van Gundy is down with A trade involving Al Hartford. But I would prefer Al over Millisapp if Al is healthy.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Strong rumors involving sign and trade involving Monroe going to Atlanta

Post  cool breeze Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:40 pm

If this is true, which player or players does SVG have in mind to swap? Could it be Paul Millsap. How about Monroe, Jennings and Bynum  to Atlanta for Millsap and Teague? If that were true, I would open a bottle of fine wine NOW and keep drinking all weekend. If only some fantastic sign a trade could be worked out for Monroe, we Piston fans could be having some real fun next winter.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:15 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Don I hear you, that word franchise is used a little too loosely.  So if I find myself using it, its not necessarily how I see him but how the team see's him but I think he's far from being a franchised player.  

Don, what can't be ignored is Drummond tremendous upside and his great athleticism that leads many to see him one day being just that a "franchise player".   I think he will be one day because he works hard and he wants to get better and his progression thus far has indicated he'll get better.  

Premature? Yes but I wouldn't bet against it not happening
Wisefan I hope Drummond will be a true blue Piston who will play team first style of winning basketball. If only he could make this USA team and play with really good players who all know how to adjust their games in whatever way needed to best help the team. Greg Monroe didn't do that. He concentrated on figuring out how to come up with certain stats which on the surface could fool GMs into giving him a big contract with little thought of how he might try to improve his defense to help his team win games. It appears that Greg has very little interest in playing for the Pistons this coming season or any future season. Will Drummond take the same path? I hope not and it appears like you said that he has changed a lot from his college days and has become a hard worker. But does he have Piston blood running in his veins? Only time will tell.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty @Don

Post  WTF Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Don I hear you, that word franchise is used a little too loosely. So if I find myself using it, its not necessarily how I see him but how the team see's him but I think he's far from being a franchised player.

Don, what can't be ignored is Drummond tremendous upside and his great athleticism that leads many to see him one day being just that a "franchise player". I think he will be one day because he works hard and he wants to get better and his progression thus far has indicated he'll get better.

Premature? Yes but I wouldn't bet against it not happening
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty ENOUGH ALREADY ESPN!!!!!!

Post  WTF Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:51 pm

First back to this Ray Rice thing and listening to clowns like Skip on First Take this morning. Rice doesn't owe anyone of us any thing which part of this you asses don't find personal. He apologized to his wife, he satisfied the courts, the league suspended him how they deemed necessary, nobody owes anybody sh!t beyond this. The NFL don't need to explain a damn thing, Rice isn't obligated to offer you asses detail or punish himself more than what already been done. He doesn't have to become some new advocate against spousal abuse, donate his checks or anything else and you dumbasses over at ESPN needs to stop feeding into public opinion which doesn't account to much. When the NFL start losing endorsement and fans stop going to games then they can talk otherwise shut the **** up!

Same thing with Dungy remarks he said what he said and meant what he meant so if assholes choose to put their own spin on it so be it. Social Media and social agenda should not have such a big of an impact in sport as it does and you all need to shut that dumbsh!t down. Social media was added to increase league and players interaction to help sell the games and share in the experience. You asses use it to tear down players, and use public opinion to try to rule sports. I'm not excluding players either because why are you freaking using social media in the manner you use it because you feed into this dumbness as well.

The personal life of these players are not our business at least not to the depth in which you assholes take it. Every f@cking thing don't require you asses creating a public opinion poll on it. Just one time I would like to be a guest on one those shows just so I can cuss someone TFO. ESPN mind your damn business WTF!!

Derrick Rose did what ever he did because that's what the hell he suppose to do and thatwas what the f@ck he wanted to do . It's not his job to hell the Bulls recruit players, nor kiss the ass of players. It's the Bulls responsibility to put a team around him, and for you dumbass at ESPN talking about this is the new norm for the league is purely overstating on the truth. Only James, Bosh and Wade has done what your suggesting to be the new norm Kobe half ass reached out to Carmelo because he felt he should but he wasn't kissing his ass to come play with him. Rose doesn't now you ass are implying he's selfish and making up your own dumb ass reason when he has already gave you a reason 4 years ago. Geez!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Oracle wrote:
cool breeze wrote:The good thing about Drummond trying out for the USA Team will be to show him what kind of work he needs to put in to become a highly respected player in the NBA. We all watched Andre play this past year after working with Rasheed. But the coaches who will select this team are smart and can see if players are getting what they want to do. I am impressed with the work ethic and attitude of Anthony Davis. Being around this guy might be the best thing that has happened to Drummond in a long time. You see, I don't believe that Drummond has learned much of anything playing next to either Monroe or Smith. Smith was consumed with getting his shots and didn't spend much time getting to know his teammates last year. Monroe was busy thinking about building his offensive stats and for sure couldn't teach one thing to Drummond about defense. Cousins has some defects in his game but most likely will beat out Drummond for the back up center job. Where will Drummond be at the end of next season? Will he have a chip on his shoulder if he doesn't make the USA Team and use it as motivation to get better? Or will he settle in watching Monroe cheat the game by taking possessions off? 

Many of you point out Monroe's offensive skills and passing skills. But how does he help his team win games? Can he make the right pass or score in the big moments? Can he make the big free throw? Wisefan is correct, Greg Monroe is not worth $12 mil a year. Maybe offer him 8 Mil and that should be it or let him play out his contract for 5 Mil. Better yet, let him pick the team he wants to play on (it isn't the Detroit Pistons) so we can trade him and get something out of it. I can't see the Pistons ever winning it all with Greg Monroe. 

We need to build a team that can win it all in 5 years. It would be fun for me to just have highly motivated tough hard working basketball players playing next season and lose big so we can secure a high draft pick. That is the only way the Detroit Pistons will ever be anything other than a 2nd rate team. We need a star player. It is silly to think that Drummond will be the super star player that leads his team to the Finals. Drummond can be a really good center at both ends but we need a backcourt player who is as good as any other backcourt player in the league. We need a superstar leader and that only will come from the draft. The talent for sure is going to be better this coming season but maybe the coach should play Will Bynum and Brandon Jennings a lot of minutes to guarantee many loses. But for sure I would not be watching highly motivated tough hard working basketball players when I think of those two players on defense.

Don, I think you're reading the wrong things into this, there are other reasons.

Firstly, why are you surprised that the higher draft pick gets more attention?

Secondly, Davis's game is more mature than Drummond's, but IMO, he's a PF not a center.

Thirdly, Davis can score and defend, and Drummond is learning both.

However, it surprises me that you can praise Singler so highly, when Singler is a smaller Drummond!

Neither have a defined offensive game, and get points off of being in the right place at the right time, i.e. moving without the ball!

Neither are very good defenders at present, but both will improve... they're the same player in different sized bodies.

The only difference is that Drummond has a higher ceiling than Singler.

So in the Worlds, Drummond's game isn't nearly as sexy as Davis, and like it or not, without an offensive game, you're likely either never going to be recognized, or recognized at a much lower level!

Very few defensive only big men are considered great, and the truly great ones had defined and productive offensive games!
Oracle the main point of my post was to point out that currently the Detroit Pistons have no franchise player yet the hype is that Drummond is a franchise player. We all knew from Zeke's first season that he was a franchise player. Earlier it was Dave Bing or Grant Hill for the time he stayed in Detroit. So I am not getting the comparison between Singler and Drummond. By struggling to beat out a player like Cousins, Drummond shows he is still a work in progress and not a sure bet to become an outstanding player. Before our Pistons will ever become a great team again, they will need to acquire a outstanding back court leader and that will only come from the draft in my humble opinion when thinking about the way things are structured in the current NBA. We will never be able to make a trade for a great player and now free agent player like Labron James will want to sign a contract with the Pistons. Piston owners want to project this theme that yes we do have that franchise player. 

I am not getting the comparison between Drummond and Singler although you do point out some truths like how both do move well without the ball. They are so different when it comes to their history and their knowledge of the game. Singler was the MVP of a national championship team as a junior in college. He was the MAN in his senior season as well and was the focus of every opposition team rather than Irving especially in the tournament. Singler has a great basketball mind. I know that because I knew a lot about Arizona's game plan before they beat Duke in the Sweet 16. And you cannot compare Singler on defense. He was by far the best defender on the Piston team since Prince was traded. Singler's ability to be a help defender and weak side rebounder was the one thing that Piston coaches noticed most of all and that is why he beat out players like Stuckey and all of the other guards or small forwards he competed against. Sometimes during the games, there were so many holes in the paint because of the inept play of Drummond and Monroe that Singler had to stray off his assigned man. As a 2 guard, Singler was the only player who could understand pick and roll plays and react to screens. The devil is in the details and it was no fluke that Singler was a starter and crunch time player since he arrived. This season I expect Singler will have a great year under SVG. All this stuff about Butler being the savior at the small forward spot is nonsense. I watched Butler this week on NBA tv a they replayed some of the playoff games. I didn't see where he stood out in any area. Now don't get me wrong, I hope like hell that Butler still does have game and he can help Detroit win. But as far as I am concerned, it seems every summer some fans like to make statements about Singler not being a extremely important player on this Piston team. And Oracle I know you are not one of those fans. I know you appreciate Singler at lot.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Potential NFL Team Owner

Post  WTF Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:01 am

NBA just ousted a racist owner not the NFL is considering sell to a potentially racist owner.  Really do we want Trump owning a team? who has call the president everything close to the N Word publically and certainly has said it behind closed doors.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Wise does have point, too ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:20 am

WISEFAN wrote:

I have to disagree that Stephen A is an asshole for his misunderstood remarks and Poo on those that are so quick to jump all over him for it.  Even his female co-worker said she understood what Stephen A. was saying and likely a very large majority of black women as well.  

I understood because I grew up in a house hold of 10 women (my mother and 9 sisters) I also have 3 daughters and his message is likely the same one that I've offered my daughters and sisters.   If Stephen A. comments were to a church full of Black woman oppose to being on ESPN First Take it wouldn't have received the same outrage if any at all.  

Rather woman want to accept it or not they have a responsibility of having self awareness in a lot of things as it relates to the type of men that thye date, how that man treats them, and more importantly how they treat men.  I known women who sat in abusive relationship when they didn't have to and I see women who provoke and agitate conflict in their relationship.  

Stephen wasn't taking blame away from men who abuse woman because they have a responsibility to walk away also, some men are just cut in a sh!tty manner that they think its okay.  Sadly Stephen has heard just like many black men have some black women talking about kicking some man ass. My uncle was stabbed to death by a woman not because he was abusive but because he had 1 girlfriend too many.  I've likely said the same thing to my sisters Stephen A. said to his sisters about being in some mans face talking about kicking his ass, and provoking him into violence.  I doubt if many white men have faced this or had to deal with it dating mostly white women (likely the ones that found outrage)

I know females who have shot their boyfriends and husbands not because they were abused but because they're just as abusive as some men are if not more.  My sisters thought they could do whatever they wanted to a man and it was okay and often cried victim if that man slapped the sh!t out them and its not okay and it provokes violence.  It also lead me into conflict with those men and they didn't finally get the picture until it almost got me killed or me killing someone.  

Stephen apologized not for the message but not fully expressing it that everyone could understand it.  Those that are ignorant to what he was saying and adding their on meaning are the assholes IMO.  Just Saying

My neighbor goes out buys a brand new Caddy pulls up in front of his house and the wife comes out shoots the car up bang out all windows and puts 2 bullets in him to boot.  Why she did it because he bought it for his other imaginary bitches.  She had him by at least 150lb he wasn't beating her and he worked hard for his car.  Had he slapped the pure sh!t out of her I wouldn't have called it abuse. Too bad everyone decided to jump on Stephen A. for it but oh well!

There is a cable program called, "Snapped" that has document many of the instances that Wise has described ...
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Ray Rice Publically Apologizes............

Post  WTF Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:21 pm

To his wife and some white woman on ESPN say's with here face all twisted up that she doesn't think it was genuine enough. Who the hell is she to decide if it was or wasn't because the only person it should matter to is Mrs. Rice These women won't pass judgment on Mrs. Rice because she's just a helpless victim force into marriage after being brutally imaginarily beaten to near death on an elevator.

Not saying this happen but what if she kicked or punched him solid in the dick and balls on the elevator what would his immediate response and reaction be if he doesn't fall the floor first. What would yours be as a man?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Asshole of the Day? Not Really

Post  WTF Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:57 pm

I have to disagree that Stephen A is an asshole for his misunderstood remarks and Poo on those that are so quick to jump all over him for it.  Even his female co-worker said she understood what Stephen A. was saying and likely a very large majority of black women as well.  

I understood because I grew up in a house hold of 10 women (my mother and 9 sisters) I also have 3 daughters and his message is likely the same one that I've offered my daughters and sisters.   If Stephen A. comments were to a church full of Black woman oppose to being on ESPN First Take it wouldn't have received the same outrage if any at all.  

Rather woman want to accept it or not they have a responsibility of having self awareness in a lot of things as it relates to the type of men that thye date, how that man treats them, and more importantly how they treat men.  I known women who sat in abusive relationship when they didn't have to and I see women who provoke and agitate conflict in their relationship.  

Stephen wasn't taking blame away from men who abuse woman because they have a responsibility to walk away also, some men are just cut in a sh!tty manner that they think its okay.  Sadly Stephen has heard just like many black men have some black women talking about kicking some man ass. My uncle was stabbed to death by a woman not because he was abusive but because he had 1 girlfriend too many.  I've likely said the same thing to my sisters Stephen A. said to his sisters about being in some mans face talking about kicking his ass, and provoking him into violence.  I doubt if many white men have faced this or had to deal with it dating mostly white women (likely the ones that found outrage)

I know females who have shot their boyfriends and husbands not because they were abused but because they're just as abusive as some men are if not more.  My sisters thought they could do whatever they wanted to a man and it was okay and often cried victim if that man slapped the sh!t out them and its not okay and it provokes violence.  It also lead me into conflict with those men and they didn't finally get the picture until it almost got me killed or me killing someone.  

Stephen apologized not for the message but not fully expressing it that everyone could understand it.  Those that are ignorant to what he was saying and adding their on meaning are the assholes IMO.  Just Saying

My neighbor goes out buys a brand new Caddy pulls up in front of his house and the wife comes out shoots the car up bang out all windows and puts 2 bullets in him to boot.  Why she did it because he bought it for his other imaginary bitches.  She had him by at least 150lb he wasn't beating her and he worked hard for his car.  Had he slapped the pure sh!t out of her I wouldn't have called it abuse. Too bad everyone decided to jump on Stephen A. for it but oh well!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next