Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 am

Murph wrote:You gotta be kidding me.   facepalm

This should bring a smile to Sebastian face as he been screaming for years now how the Pistons need to get this guy here Very Happy

-------

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=144
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Hasheem Thabeet???

Post  Murph Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:48 am

You gotta be kidding me. facepalm

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Yes Phillip, he's a LOT smarter than Monroe, but the Suns are a lot better too

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:08 am

Phil1980boy wrote:I just want to say good for Eric Bledsoe and his agent to wait Phx out and get the best deal they could.

In my opinion, G.Monroe was A dumb azz to sign up for the qualifying offer. And please, don't buy all the media hype that G.Monroe would have turn down A max contract offer from the Pistons. B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/09/24/release-suns-bledsoe/index.html wrote:"I learned long ago that it doesn't matter how stormy the sea is as long as the ship comes in and today we are thrilled that the ship has come in and Eric will remain a Sun for a long time," said President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby. "He will be an integral part not only of our basketball team, but our Phoenix community."

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Yikes!!! More hot steaming stuf from the master!

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:04 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:Gores: It's been 415 long days since the team's last trade.  Can't you get something going?  It would bring such unbridled excitement to the Palace.  
Van Gundy:  Nobody wants these guys except for Drummond.  We couldn't give them away with free neutered kittens and spayed puppies.

Gores: Bynum is supposedly in tip top shape.  What can we get for him?
Van Gundy:  Two air pumps,  three servings of cotton candy , and four Huggies diapers. - Will those diapers be prefilled?

Gores: How about Monroe?
Van Gundy: His agent had trades rejected by twenty-nine teams.  
Gores : What team didn't reject him?
Van Gundy: That would be us. We okayed twenty-nine trades.  We begged.  We pleaded.  We cried.  We tried blackmail, but alas nothing worked.
Gores: Wow!  That's unsettling and not a huge selling point.

Van Gundy: We have six new guys.  Fans should be jumping for joy or for Meeks.
Gores: Jennings and Smith must have great value.
Van Gundy: Joe screwed the proverbial pooch by overpaying them. That ship has sailed. - Yes, Joe screwed the pooch in the Third Eye, sometimes called the Round Eye!
Van Gundy: Let's pass them off to the rest of the league as potential Nobel Prize
wínners and cannonized saints of the Catholic church.
Gores: Metaphorically speaking our pants would ignite.   Liar, Liar ,  slacks ablaze.  Besides I
think there already is a Saint Josh and Saint Greg.  - See new theme song Video below

Van Gundy: Don't flip out.  Hold your horses, big guy.  We'll be okay with the guys we have.

Gores:  Your own brother just predicted that we wouldn't make the playoffs.
Van Gundy:  That backstabbing Judas.  That rat bastard.  He's just getting back at me for all the wedgies, noogies, and swirlies I gave him when we were kids.  That's an outrage!

Gores: Let me guess.  Jeff was your mother's favorite.
Van Gundy: Yes, mom always liked him best even though he was a spoiled rotten to the core brat.
Gores:  Would a banana split make you feel better?
Van Gundy: Only if there is whip cream and a cherry on top.
Gores: The best things in life have a cherry on top.
Van Gundy: Amen, brother. Pudding is really good too, with a cherry on top.

Good stuff Fennis!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Good work by E.Bledsoe and his agent.

Post  Phil-Good Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 am

I just want to say good for Eric Bledsoe and his agent to wait Phx out and get the best deal they could.

In my opinion, G.Monroe was A dumb azz to sign up for the qualifying offer. And please, don't buy all the media hype that G.Monroe would have turn down A max contract offer from the Pistons. B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Pistons: No Trade Zone

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Gores: It's been 415 long days since the team's last trade.  Can't you get something going?  It would bring such unbridled excitement to the Palace.  
Van Gundy:  Nobody wants these guys except for Drummond.  We couldn't give them away with free neutered kittens and spayed puppies.

Gores: Bynum is supposedly in tip top shape.  What can we get for him?
Van Gundy:  Two air pumps,  three servings of cotton candy , and four Huggies diapers.

Gores: How about Monroe?
Van Gundy: His agent had trades rejected by twenty-nine teams.  
Gores : What team didn't reject him?
Van Gundy: That would be us. We okayed twenty-nine trades.  We begged.  We pleaded.  We cried.  We tried blackmail, but alas nothing worked.
Gores: Wow!  That's unsettling and not a huge selling point.

Van Gundy: We have six new guys.  Fans should be jumping for joy or for Meeks.
Gores: Jennings and Smith must have great value.
Van Gundy: Joe screwed the proverbial pooch by overpaying them. That ship has sailed.
Van Gundy: Let's pass them off to the rest of the league as potential Nobel Prize
wínners and cannonized saints of the Catholic church.
Gores: Metaphorically speaking our pants would ignite.   Liar, Liar ,  slacks ablaze.  Besides I
think there already is a Saint Josh and Saint Greg.  

Van Gundy: Don't flip out.  Hold your horses, big guy.  We'll be okay with the guys we have.

Gores:  Your own brother just predicted that we wouldn't make the playoffs.
Van Gundy:  That backstabbing Judas.  That rat bastard.  He's just getting back at me for all the wedgies, noogies, and swirlies I gave him when we were kids.  That's an outrage!

Gores: Let me guess.  Jeff was your mother's favorite.
Van Gundy: Yes, mom always liked him best even though he was a spoiled rotten to the core brat.
Gores:  Would a banana split make you feel better?
Van Gundy: Only if there is whip cream and a cherry on top.
Gores: The best things in life have a cherry on top.
Van Gundy: Amen, brother. Pudding is really good too, with a cherry on top.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Clueless Homers Welcome

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:My guess is 41 wins for the season.  I was only 17 off on last seasons total. I thought they would get to 46.  I also had them making the playoffs the last five years.  So basically I am a homer with no clue.

Basically, we're all afflicted with that disease lol .

Fennis brings down the average!

MemberWinsAverage41.5
Lemonpen49
Stones45Std Dev4.3169855
Oracle44
Wise44Median42.5
Cool Breeze44
Phil1980boy44
DX41
Fennis41
Sparma38
Murph38
Merc36
Sebastian34
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Sparma wrote:They've done their part today.  I would not have bet on them winning this game.  Sale was outstanding, per usual.  Big win.  

Last night was one of the biggest single game rollercoaster rides I've been on.  I still think Ausmus' choice to stick with Price was understandable.  The announcers say Price isn't as devastating as a couple of years ago (he's lost a couple of miles on the fastball); he still really good, but no longer great, from what I've seen.  But Nathan's a disaster waiting to happen.  

Could Ausmus pull a Mayo Smith and feature Soria and Sanchez in the playoffs, more so than Nathan and Joba, who's faded after a strong start?  He needs to be daring, I think, because that bullpen will be our downfall otherwise.

I'm glad you posted this... was sitting here like a dummy thinking the game was live tonight... saying "no way they're gonna hit off Sale the way he's pitching" lol
A little breathing room... Baltimore here we come smoke
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Sparma wrote:They've done their part today.  I would not have bet on them winning this game.  Sale was outstanding, per usual.  Big win.  

Last night was one of the biggest single game rollercoaster rides I've been on.  I still think Ausmus' choice to stick with Price was understandable.  The announcers say Price isn't as devastating as a couple of years ago (he's lost a couple of miles on the fastball); he still really good, but no longer great, from what I've seen.  But Nathan's a disaster waiting to happen.  

Could Ausmus pull a Mayo Smith and feature Soria and Sanchez in the playoffs, more so than Nathan and Joba, who's faded after a strong start?  He needs to be daring, I think, because that bullpen will be our downfall otherwise.

I was taking that same ride last night Sparma. Our bullpen is scary. Our hitters need to bring it and they know it.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Just Don't Bet On It!

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:18 pm

My guess is 41 wins for the season.  I was only 17 off on last seasons total. I thought they would get to 46.  I also had them making the playoffs the last five years.  So basically I am a homer with no clue.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Tigers

Post  Sparma Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:27 pm

They've done their part today. I would not have bet on them winning this game. Sale was outstanding, per usual. Big win.

Last night was one of the biggest single game rollercoaster rides I've been on. I still think Ausmus' choice to stick with Price was understandable. The announcers say Price isn't as devastating as a couple of years ago (he's lost a couple of miles on the fastball); he still really good, but no longer great, from what I've seen. But Nathan's a disaster waiting to happen.

Could Ausmus pull a Mayo Smith and feature Soria and Sanchez in the playoffs, more so than Nathan and Joba, who's faded after a strong start? He needs to be daring, I think, because that bullpen will be our downfall otherwise.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:You must be seriously dreaming... Larry Brown had to adjust to Billups? You have to be joking, right?

Check in with Lee357 and review the tapes! Billups was almost a totally different player after Larry Brown than before!

Before LB, Billups was easily baited into shootout games and was only a passable half court player.

So ineffective in using RIP that RIP rarely finished games in the 4th until LB came to town.

Explain to me how Billups achieved his highest assists per game under LB, never to be equaled in his entire career?

BTW, he achieved his highest 3pt percentage of his career under LB as well.

I know you hate LB, but don't hate the facts... LB changed who he was, not the other way around!

Look at the stats for yourself - Chauncey Billups Career Stats

I do not hate Larry Brown Oracle but I do believe that he was not a good basketball coach when he coached for the Detroit Pistons. He was not right in the head and he might tell you that himself. He was in constant pain with his hip issues and was upset being away from his family. At his age during this time period he was questioning why he came to Detroit in the first place. Meanwhile, Billups had established himself as a outstanding point guard while taking over as a starter for the Timberwolves. I followed Billups in his last season there and couldn't believe Detroit's good fortune when the news came out that he was going to be a Piston. Billups was a really good player under Carlisle. Once Brown came aboard, Joe Dumars added better players including Rasheed Wallace. Billups never changed his style of play. He was a scoring point guard and was always willing to give up the ball to the open guy. The players formed a hard nosed attitude Oracle. Larry Brown never played one of those games and some nights he was sleeping during the games because of his pain meds.

Oracle I think that Brown is now back to the way he was years ago as a coach. But I just thought of another fact relating to Brown's stay in Detroit that always bothered me. Why did it insist on transforming Corless Williamson to power forward? It started in training camp and caused a lot of concern within the team at the time. It didn't work in training camp but Brown refused to give up on the idea much to the displeasure of key members of the team. If Maxiell was too small to rebound or play defense at that position, then why would Brown even think of trying it? I think he wanted out of Detroit and was trying to push Bill Davidson to the limit to fire his ass so Brown could keep all the money guaranteed in his contract. He had Memo but abused this guy so much that there was no way he was going to remain on the team. During the key 5th game of the playoff series with New Jersey, played at Detroit, Brown lost that game all by himself by insisting on playing small ball with Ham and Williamson. Billups hit a 3 point shot at the buzzer to extend the game to overtime. He had Memo fresh on the bench with all of the Nets rotation big men not eligible to play because of fouling out. But in the overtime, Brown played Ham and Williamson and lost that game. There was a revolt in the locker room after the game lead by Billups who stated to the press, "we lost because I had nobody to pass the ball to". I say this to you Oracle, no coach in his right mind would have done what Brown did that night. Richard Jefferson told several of us that the entire Nets team were laughing because of Brown's decision making relating to player he selected to play that game. When Detroit started the next game in New Jersey, they were a different team because the players ruled and there was no future Brown mind farts allowed. Oracle whatever stats you recall, please give the credit to the player who created those stats.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Oracle wrote:You must be seriously dreaming... Larry Brown had to adjust to Billups? You have to be joking, right?

Check in with Lee357 and review the tapes! Billups was almost a totally different player after Larry Brown than before!

Before LB, Billups was easily baited into shootout games and was only a passable half court player.

So ineffective in using RIP that RIP rarely finished games in the 4th until LB came to town.

Explain to me how Billups achieved his highest assists per game under LB, never to be equaled in his entire career?

I know you hate LB, but don't hate the facts... LB changed who he was, not the other way around!

I do not hate Larry Brown Oracle but I do believe that he was not a good basketball coach when he coached for the Detroit Pistons. He was not right in the head and he might tell you that himself. He was in constant pain with his hip issues and was upset being away from his family. At his age during this time period he was questioning why he came to Detroit in the first place. Meanwhile, Billups had established himself as a outstanding point guard while taking over as a starter for the Timberwolves. I followed Billups in his last season there and couldn't believe Detroit's good fortune when the news came out that he was going to be a Piston. Billups was a really good player under Carlisle. Once Brown came aboard, Joe Dumars added better players including Rasheed Wallace. Billups never changed his style of play. He was a scoring point guard and was always willing to give up the ball to the open guy. The players formed a hard nosed attitude Oracle. Larry Brown never played one of those games and some nights he was sleeping during the games because of his pain meds.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Oracle wrote:I'm of two minds about this.

I like what he wants, but IMO, you just do it, you don't talk about it!

Andre Drummond says he's ready to lead Pistons

What I liked about Drummond's statement was the appearance that he will really be receptive to coaching criticism. So many high first round draft picks have the attitude that they know it all and are now getting paid so why listen? Most of those draft picks are big men first rounders. Drummond actually is longing for some tough in your face coaching. He is receptive unlike say Chris Webber after he was drafted. The guy was not coachable and had attitude. If you looked at him the wrong way, he might ask to be traded or become moody and give you that look. Chris could have been a great basketball player but settled for something less. Drummond is saying the opposite. He wants a tough coach and admits that he has a lot to learn and needs HELP. That is the sign of a mature person beyond his age. This is a player I am going to pull for Oracle. Being around other young talented players this summer has given this man a clear vision that he needs to get on a path to become the best player he can be.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Tigers...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:07 pm

They better effing clinch this mother today!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Well...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 pm

I'm of two minds about this.

I like what he wants, but IMO, you just do it, you don't talk about it!

Andre Drummond says he's ready to lead Pistons
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Welcome to the party Phillip, and paging Fennis

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:40 am

Fennis we need your guess.

Updated Stats... Phillip raises the average!

MemberWinsAverage41.545455
Lemonpen49
Stones45Std Dev4.5246798
Oracle44
Wise44Median44
Cool Breeze44
Phil1980boy44
DX41
Sparma38
Murph38
Merc36
Sebastian34

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Don

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:38 am

You must be seriously dreaming... Larry Brown had to adjust to Billups? You have to be joking, right?

Last edited by Oracle on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty So long Mr. BigShot and thank you

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:11 am

I was surprised by some of the comments last season by fans wishing that Billups had never been signed. How soon people forget. I really enjoyed the interview with Billups about his thoughts of landing in a Piston uniform and bonding with Piston fans while taking the team to so many conference finals and one championship. He mentions his first coach at Detroit Rick C. It is clear that he appreciated Rick pushing Joe Dumars to sign him and he did enjoy playing for this coach. And while some believe that Larry Brown was behind Billups success, Mr. BigShot provides the real truth about his relationship with Larry. I watched Billups develop as a really good point guard on the Timberwolves before he came to the Pistons. As Billups points out, he was ready to be a leader and quality point guard before he arrived in Detroit. Brown tried to change what Billups did best which was to be the clutch shooter and play maker in crunch time situations. He made almost every critical free throw and in his first season as a Piston hit so many long 3 point shots at the end of games that I was in shock. It was Brown who had to adjust to Billups not the other way around. Billups was a great man on and off the court. He did all the little things a leader has to do to get the best out of his teammates. Last season Mr. BigShot just couldn't stay on the court long enough to change the culture. In the NBA, a team has to have leadership on the court to get things moving in the right direction. This is something that somehow, Joe Dumars ignored when he traded Billups in the first place. He thought that Michael Curry could replace Billups leadership role as a coach. As Rasheed said on the day of the bogus trade, "It's over"! No can do Joe. After the moment of that trade, Joe Dumars was finished as a GM. He hung on to his job but continued to make bad decisions taking the team lower and lower until this summer when we lost our number one draft pick. Thank you Mr. Billups. I loved what he said about who is was when he came to Detroit. He was not in a Detroit uniform to sell tickets. He knew that Piston fans "knew ball". He was all about do what is needed to win. Meanwhile Joe Dumars brought in players like Will Bynum who do sell tickets for fans who like to go to the circus.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty RE: Oracle

Post  Phil-Good Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:25 am

Put me down for 44 Wins Oracle.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Ordered with Stats...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:37 am

MemberWinsAverage41.3
Lemonpen49
Stones45Std Dev4.6916001
Oracle44
Wise44Median44
Cool Breeze44
DX41
Sparma38
Murph38
Merc36
Sebastian34
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Lemonpen raises the average...

Post  WTF Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:44 pm

Oracle wrote:    
MemberWinsAverage41.3
Oracle44
Merc36
Wise44
Sebastian34
Sparma38
DX41
Stones45
Cool Breeze44
Murph38
Lemonpen49

Wow lemonpen 49 wins. I thought about going that high really thought they could do it last season. I think coaching and shooting got better but I can't do 49 wins but sure hope you're right.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty A look at the Pistons' salary cap situation and roster constraints

Post  WTF Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Oracle wrote:While there are other interesting tidbits in the article on D-League stuff, this struck me as very interesting. By signing the QO, Monroe effectively becomes an expiring contract! If he really knows where he may want to go, it seems logical, IMO, that he go to that team ASAP as an expiring, and if it doesn't work out, at least he knows where NOT to go!

But the other news there is how much money we have in expiring contracts, and that makes moves in the season very doable and attractive!

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/9/23/6833081/nba-detroit-istons-salary-cap-roster-limit wrote:And the Pistons are loaded with expiring deals. Jonas Jerebko is on a $4.5 million expiring contract. Will Bynum's deal of $2.9 million is also ending after this season. Monroe's final year pays him $5.5 million. End-of-the-benchers Luigi Datome and Tony Mitchell have options that might not be exercised that represent another $2.6 million. And Butler's second year is an option at $4.5 million. Add it all up and the Pistons have about $20 million in expiring deals.

This is why I had no problem with Monroe signing that QO wish he done it a lot sooner like right at beginning of free agency. Even if we don't move Monroe by deadline we still have enough to attract some team into a trade. Batum could still be an option for us Portland needs to clear space to sign Aldridge next season and he wants a max deal and likely will get it barring injury.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty A look at the Pistons' salary cap situation and roster constraints

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:10 pm

While there are other interesting tidbits in the article on D-League stuff, this struck me as very interesting. By signing the QO, Monroe effectively becomes an expiring contract! If he really knows where he may want to go, it seems logical, IMO, that he go to that team ASAP as an expiring, and if it doesn't work out, at least he knows where NOT to go!

But the other news there is how much money we have in expiring contracts, and that makes moves in the season very doable and attractive!

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/9/23/6833081/nba-detroit-istons-salary-cap-roster-limit wrote:And the Pistons are loaded with expiring deals. Jonas Jerebko is on a $4.5 million expiring contract. Will Bynum's deal of $2.9 million is also ending after this season. Monroe's final year pays him $5.5 million. End-of-the-benchers Luigi Datome and Tony Mitchell have options that might not be exercised that represent another $2.6 million. And Butler's second year is an option at $4.5 million. Add it all up and the Pistons have about $20 million in expiring deals.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Lemonpen raises the average...

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:12 pm

MemberWinsAverage41.3
Oracle44
Merc36
Wise44
Sebastian34
Sparma38
DX41
Stones45
Cool Breeze44
Murph38
Lemonpen49