Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Updated...

Post  Oracle Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:14 am

MemberWins
Oracle44
Merc36
Wise44
Sebastian34
Sparma38
DX41
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Gimme .500 ball and I'll be satisfied

Post  deusXango Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:18 am

Solid coaching, solid outside shooting, and developing chemistry among our big men; our guard corps is better than any who've worn the red, white, and blue in a long time. Our SG situation is outstanding.

The ghosts of seasons past when player popularity and personal executive bias ruled the roost causing the teams record to plummet is not that far away; I'm fearful of them today. How far will SVG go to try and curry favor from Monroe? Will Smith be traded before his real worth as a defensive PF, with extraordinary offensive instincts, is exploited? Will Jennings be the "wizard of assists" like Kevin Porter was for us or will he be the same old knucklehead for himself? Will SVG wake up to the fact that our SF situation sucks?! No slasher or top tier defender among the bunch, just jump shooters, wild-eyed hopefuls and an old man; we need an upgrade there bad.

After taking an honest look at where we're at right now I'd say 41 wins....Monroe won't agree to a trade and he doesn't need to start at PF (particularly for one year). I think we've been underestimating the negative impact of his presence on the roster, no matter how he's utilized. If we downplay the importance of maturity and focus, and start Jennings over Augustin, it's going to cost us in the win/loss column; Jennings and Bynum both need to be traded, IMHO. Van Gundy needs to stop f@cking around and sign someone worthwhile, like Blatche, to backup Drummond and Smith for competitions sake. This searching for the diamond in the bull rushes, uncomfortably, reminds me of Joe Dumars; the major difference is he's going to coach the players he signs.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Forum Predictors...

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:19 pm

To Date, here is what I have!

Wins

Oracle

Merc

Wise

Sebastian

Sparma

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Bynum

Post  Sparma Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Interesting read of the situation, Murph.

My guess is that he's going to go to another team and play well enough that we'll wish we'd gotten a higher second round pick than the late second rounder we're going to get.

The franchise future doesn't hinge on Bynum, clearly, but I'm going to enjoy watching how this plays itself out.

Murph wrote:
Murph wrote:

I'm guessing Bynum is another guy who's going to come to camp looking miraculously 30 lbs lighter.  

And I'm guessing Bynum will also credit a "no carb diet".     Rolling Eyes    

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Willie B get the ziggy once and for all.  I mean how many midget PGs do we need on one roster?

Hopefully, Lorenzo Brown will become  our 3rd healthy PG, which will pave the pay for Bynum's release.  I found this blurb on Brown:

"The 6-foot-5 guard was waived by Philadelphia on March 14 and spent the rest of the season in the D-League with the Springfield Armor. He had success in the D-League, averaging 17.3 points, 6.3 assists and 4.5 rebounds in time split between the Delaware 87ers and Springfield Armor. But, at the culmination of the 2013-2014 season, Brown was once again left searching for another NBA home."

It sounds as if Brown played well in the D-League.

Not only that, but Brown had a very good career at NC State.  Brown averaged 7.2 assists his last year in college, and 6.3 assists his sophomore year, for the Wolf Pack.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/lorenzo-brown-1.html

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Willie B

Post  Murph Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Murph wrote:

I'm guessing Bynum is another guy who's going to come to camp looking miraculously 30 lbs lighter.  

And I'm guessing Bynum will also credit a "no carb diet".     Rolling Eyes    

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Willie B get the ziggy once and for all.  I mean how many midget PGs do we need on one roster?

Hopefully, Lorenzo Brown will become  our 3rd healthy PG, which will pave the pay for Bynum's release.  I found this blurb on Brown:

"The 6-foot-5 guard was waived by Philadelphia on March 14 and spent the rest of the season in the D-League with the Springfield Armor. He had success in the D-League, averaging 17.3 points, 6.3 assists and 4.5 rebounds in time split between the Delaware 87ers and Springfield Armor. But, at the culmination of the 2013-2014 season, Brown was once again left searching for another NBA home."

It sounds as if Brown played well in the D-League.

Not only that, but Brown had a very good career at NC State.  Brown averaged 7.2 assists his last year in college, and 6.3 assists his sophomore year, for the Wolf Pack.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/lorenzo-brown-1.html

In sum, Brown looks like a 6'5, athletic, pass-first PG, as opposes to Bynum, who's a 5'11, shoot first PG. Who would you rather have on the roster?

Last edited by Murph on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty 38-44

Post  Sparma Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Hope I'm wrong that they'll have another losing season. Oracle's right that the coaching and shooting have been upgraded. On the whole, Merc's assessment sounds pretty convincing, including the part about being able to expect some improvement late in the season. My prediction's already a tick about from an earlier prediction, so I guess I'm being optimistic in that way. And if miracles haven't ceased, maybe there'll be a significant trade before the season that will lead us all to redo our numbers.
Drummond for Rondo maybe? [Just kidding, but what's a guy to do with evergreen Monroe trade ideas pretty much off the table?]

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:
Sparma wrote:Sounds like a realistic appraisal, Merc.  Would you project a win total in the 30s then?

merc wrote:Not expecting too much this year... the sane bet is to temper expectations... there's no evidence of playoff contender here.
I'm expecting clashes between an intelligent coach and a bottom level IQ team.
My hope is that we see gradual progress and signs of a cohesive unit by March... some positive core development to take into 2015/16.
Don't set yourself up for more disappointment.
I guess this is as good of time as any to start predictions... If Smith plays most of his minutes at PF I think they are capable of 36 wins.
Adding a couple of decent FAs did not improve the defense enough.

I'll record all predictions!!!

I'm predicting 44 wins! Why? IMO, SVG is good for 7 games, and a better system & shooting gets us 8 more for a total of 15 more wins.

Merc, I have your 36 recorded! BTW, I'm happy to see you give them a boost of 7 games!

NOTE: If there are any major trades, everyone will be allowed to change their prediction!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Retouched pics of Bynum after new diet...

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 pm

FORUM - Page 3 4sb1gm
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Seb

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Your 34 wins are recorded!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Another PG, makes a 17-man roster ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Sparma wrote:A puzzling contract, not only because we have 16 under contract, but also because he just failed a physical exam in Italy.  As Dan Feldman explains it though, it makes sense in that he certain to be cut and then likely to go on to GR.

By comparison, Josh Smith is a paragon of efficiency: "In 26 games for Philadelphia, [Brown] shot 3-of-30 on 3-pointers."

What the hell is GM SVG doing? He's giving out contracts, like they are welfare checks. Will somebody tell him that there can only be 15 men under contract?

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty 34 wins ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:32 am

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:
Sparma wrote:Sounds like a realistic appraisal, Merc.  Would you project a win total in the 30s then?

merc wrote:Not expecting too much this year... the sane bet is to temper expectations... there's no evidence of playoff contender here.
My hope is that we see gradual progress and signs of a cohesive unit by March... some positive core development to take into 2015/16.
I guess this is as good of time as any to start predictions... If Smith plays most of his minutes at PF I think they are capable of 36 wins.

I'm predicting 44 wins! Why? IMO, SVG is good for 7 games, and a better system & shooting gets us 8 more for a total of 15 more wins.

Merc, I have your 36 recorded! BTW, I'm happy to see you give them a boost of 7 games!

NOTE: If there are any major trades, everyone will be allowed to change their prediction!

Oracle, given OUR current roster and the player movement that has taken place in the East and the greater expectation that teams like the Wizard have, I don't see any more than 34 wins.

Now, if a trade occurs before the season tips then I may change my mind, but as it stands now I have low expectations of OUR beloved Pistons. Sad
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Singler is not a starting SF

Post  Sebastian Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:28 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Oracle, I find it crazy that everybody thinks Singler can't cut it as A starting small forward.

I like this guys game. He A nice player. He does everything well. It's not 1 part of his game that I feel is below average. I feel good about Singler as the starting small forward.

I only have two real worries about the Pistons.

1. Defense. I want to see Detroit Pistons defense again. It's been years!!!

2. The Pistons don't have A real closer. I do expect better from Jennings and Smith. But I still don't look at them as guys I trust to close games. Maybe, somebody can develop into that.

Phillip wrote: I only have two real worries about the Pistons.

This is why Singler is not a qualified starting NBA SF. He does not guard the position, well enough.

I realize that Paul George will likely miss the entire '14-'15 season, but there are still potent SF that Singler cannot guard, such as: LeBron, 'Melo, K.D., Luol Deng, Kawhi Leonard, Batum, Parsons, Heyward, etc.

Sorry, the dude is an 8th/9th-man at best.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Wise & Stuff

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:05 am

Wise wrote:@Oracle, I'm not calling Dinwiddie a SG my initial comment was he's a combo guard so I'm not at all surprise that he's capable as the video shows that he can do all the things what a PG can do.  Lets keep in mind that being a combo guard means he can actually play both positions effectively so as I said it's not a criticism at all in calling him that, but what I don't see or sense from the video is him being a Pure PG at the NBA level and I'm not implying that he won't ever be I just don't see.  Let's keep in mind that there SG in the league that are extremely capable of doing exactly all the things we're seeing Dinwiddie do in that video but they're still SG. I guess I'll have to see him playing in his first NBA game and see how he handles himself in the PG role, but he looks like a combo guard and that's still not a bad thing.

Ok, I get what you mean now, and as you said, it's not a bad thing. I do agree that he can be used as a combo guard, but my mind went to equating that with you saying he's a SG.

BTW, I have you down for a solid 44 wins!!!

In other news, I found these two articles to be very good reads.

1. NBA: Rodney Stuckey Will Have Breakout Season In 2014 - I totally agree that if Stuckey stays healthy, he could finally become a 2nd tier star with the Pacers! It's an almost perfect situation for him, and I hope he can take advantage of it... but not when we play them lol

2. The Jodie Meeks Conundrum: Another Product Of Mike D’Antoni’s System Or An Integral Piece For the Detroit Pistons’ Rebuild? - At first I thought this would be all about Meeks, but the article shed light on a hell of a lot more, as it went into SVG's coaching, and how Josh & Monroe fit, to the pairing of Drummond & Josh! Good read!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Put Me Down For 44 Wins

Post  WTF Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:53 am

@Oracle, I'm not calling Dinwiddie a SG my initial comment was he's a combo guard so I'm not at all surprise that he's capable as the video shows that he can do all the things what a PG can do.  Lets keep in mind that being a combo guard means he can actually play both positions effectively so as I said it's not a criticism at all in calling him that, but what I don't see or sense from the video is him being a Pure PG at the NBA level and I'm not implying that he won't ever be I just don't see.  Let's keep in mind that there SG in the league that are extremely capable of doing exactly all the things we're seeing Dinwiddie do in that video but they're still SG. I guess I'll have to see him playing in his first NBA game and see how he handles himself in the PG role, but he looks like a combo guard and that's still not a bad thing.

@Sour Pee Boy, I agree that I think Singler is capable of starting at SF but may guess is that the thinking here is that we could do better. I like Singler but I would also like to have someone perhaps a little better.  It's no different in how we look at most players example being Jennings in that he's a capable starter but in the back of our minds we're thinking wouldn't Rondo look better.  So would I want a Deng or Batum over Singler? Yes I would but I'm not crying if it's Singler.

@merc, I don't want to go into the season with my guards up and tempered hopes.  Yes many of us had high hopes last season in spite of all the cautionary flags being tossed about but I'm in line with Oracle that our biggest issues came in the front office and with coaching.  That's changed and with the addition of a handful of shooters it should be at least worth 15 more wins.  I think may biggest concern going in this season is how SVG handles PT for Monroe (he should not start and his minutes should be around 15 unless foul trouble dictates more. So may prediction would be 44 wins as well.

@Sour Pee Boy, I think this team only had 1 closers or goto guy that I could remember (Zeke and maybe Hill) but we had a sh!t load of clutch players in the likes of (CB, Rip, Laimbeer, Vinnie and Joe) and I'm hoping that KCP along with Meeks and perhaps Singler will be clutch players.   My hopes is that for large chunks of the game it's players like Jennings and Josh that carries the team during the course of a game but I'm hoping that those three guys become clutch players.  Our closers in games have always been from the defensive end so maybe Andre and Josh come up big like Ben and Sheed to close out games with a win.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Good idea Merc!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:59 pm

merc wrote:

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:05 pm

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Wise, Merc & Sparma

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:57 pm

@Wise - You must be near blind in one eye and got biotch slapped in the other lol ! Scoring, great pick & roll, drive and dish, drive and kick creating for others??? This is a great PG in the making, I saw nothing that says SG in that to me... but that's just me Smile I'm really looking forward to seeing him & KCP as the guards of the future here!

@Merc & @Sparma - Sparma, it's an opinion, realistic is debatable! The team last year was close to making the playoffs, and if a few games earlier in the season had gone the other way, they would be in.

Realistic is not an absolute, it depends on the competition, so you would have to assume that the east is much better, and that's far from proven! IMO, the east has, and will undergo a movement of power more so than a rise in power, but that's to be determined.

However, Merc's view is 100% valid and I can see that side as well, but in my reality, realistically we've improved in 2 critical areas, shooting & coaching, with coaching having a multiplier effect!

The area Merc mentioned in terms of IQ are, IMO, the key! If Josh & Jennings IQ rules the day, we're in trouble, but I don't think SVG will tolerate that!

If Jennings won't conform, Augustin will see Chicago type minutes, and if Josh screws up, look for Monroe to get a shot to have a break out season.

I'm REALLY bullish on the Pistons going into the season, and won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen! Pissed a little, but I'm putting my money where my mouth is and getting League Pass to watch the competition. I only do this when I think the Pistons are going places, and IMO, we're going to the playoffs!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty RE: Oracle

Post  Phil-Good Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Oracle, I find it crazy that everybody thinks Singler can't cut it as A starting small forward.

I like this guys game. He A nice player. He does everything well. It's not 1 part of his game that I feel is below average. I feel good about Singler as the starting small forward.

I only have two real worries about the Pistons.

2. The Pistons don't have A real closer. I do expect better from Jennings and Smith. But I still don't look at them as guys I trust to close games. Maybe, somebody can develop into that.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparma Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Sounds like a realistic appraisal, Merc. Would you project a win total in the 30s then?

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Not expecting too much this year... the sane bet is to temper expectations... there's no evidence of playoff contender here.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty This Video

Post  WTF Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Wise wrote:I'm certainly not feeling the height of or PG's that are all barely 6'1 with the exception of Dinwiddie who more combo than he is either PG or SG exclusively.

Where did you get that from?????

Dinwiddie is 100% PG, always has been! He has all PG instincts and skills(from every report I've seen, and the player himself), and the ONLY time you would have him playing 2 is when we have those munchkins in the game and they switch up on the defensive end!

You have habit of doing this with rookies, and it's not a question of right or wrong, it's a case of premature assessment of talent.

Speaking of PG's, IMO, this is Knight's last chance to prove that he can be a starting PG for a team. With Kidd as the coach, he's going to have to do more PG oriented things.

Oracle, this doesn't mean Dinwiddie can't play PG and saying he's a combo guard isn't a bad thing either trust me I don't have an issue with any player that's capable of playing both the point and shooting guard position.  But I don't see elite point guard in Dinwiddie at the moment but the real deal is that he's a combo guard and not really exclusively an PG.  Again not a knock or criticism against him but he may end up better suited in the long run to become a SG.  

Now my assessment of KCP and Knight early on are holding true.  KCP was never a shooter and likely never will be, and Knight has a ways to go before he really gets the mental part of being a PG.  BTW I think Knight is a combo guard as well.  

I have a different opinion on Dinwiddie, but if you see something different, that's fine.[
On Knight, I do believe he can be an effective PG, but if he can't initiate the offense better, create for others, and boos his assists, then he's probably better coming off the bench or playing SG in a small ball lineup.

If you remember, we were the most excited about Knight when Stuckey was playing PG and Knight was playing off the ball! Knight is VERY dangerous off the ball because he can shoot the 3 or take it up the gut to the rim, and isn't afraid of contact!

He's a player, but he will have to really work hard to be a starting PG in this league!

Just looks more SG to me than PG but he does have PG skills
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Phillip: My Thoughts

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:So I see you guys checked this out.. LOL!

2013-14 Former Pistons Staff Member

"We used to beg Josh not to shoot threes. Literally, guys would offer him cash not to shoot. Everyone but Drummond, who couldn’t say **** because of his free throws. Josh took over three attempts a game at 26 percent! Brandon was pissed all those misses were messing up his stats. Chauncey would beg him not shoot threes but Josh wouldn’t listen and I think that’s partially how Chauncey knew it was finally time to retire besides him being done three years ago."

MAN..O...MAN this was funny.

I say let last season go. For me, Josh Smith gets A opportunity to hit the reset button. I will judge him on what he does this year. All the low IQ, dumb, decisions, Smith made from last season are over with. Same goes for B.Jennings. I expect good from these guys.

I may get called a homer, but I'm really thinking about this from a talent perspective.

IMO, this team has ONLY two weaknesses,

1. Small Forward: I love Singler, but I also know that he's likely going to struggle at that talent rich position in the NBA. He may fit better as he matures, but right now, this is our biggest weakness.

2. Center: Ok, I know everybody believes Drummond is the future... problem is, we have to play games in the present! Drummond got embarrassed by good centers last year, and some not so good had him in the popcorn machine!

Having said that, I think we're in good shape elsewhere!

Josh should help Drummond a lot when he starts at PF defensively.

I expect Jennings & Josh to have GREAT, not good seasons this year, and with Augustin, we don't lose anything when he goes out. We finally have the shooting we need to win a lot of those games we lost last year!

Once Josh & Drummond get their chemistry together defensively, this team will be a VERY tough out!

I thought we had very good talent last year, but you can have a freaking atomic bomb and it won't help you if you try delivering it by carrier pigeon!

Our structure was off due to a meddling GM and poor coaching! That changes this year, and I don't see a team in the NBA that we can't at least give a good fight!

So I agree, this team has a good shot at any slot from 4-8!

Additional Wild Cards: Meeks, KCP & Dinwiddie
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty What Video?

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:13 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Wise wrote:I'm certainly not feeling the height of or PG's that are all barely 6'1 with the exception of Dinwiddie who more combo than he is either PG or SG exclusively.

Dinwiddie is 100% PG, always has been! He has all PG instincts and skills(from every report I've seen, and the player himself), and the ONLY time you would have him playing 2 is when we have those munchkins in the game and they switch up on the defensive end!

You have habit of doing this with rookies, and it's not a question of right or wrong, it's a case of premature assessment of talent.

Speaking of PG's, IMO, this is Knight's last chance to prove that he can be a starting PG for a team. With Kidd as the coach, he's going to have to do more PG oriented things.

Oracle, this doesn't mean Dinwiddie can't play PG and saying he's a combo guard isn't a bad thing either trust me I don't have an issue with any player that's capable of playing both the point and shooting guard position.  But I don't see elite point guard in Dinwiddie at the moment but the real deal is that he's a combo guard and not really exclusively an PG.  Again not a knock or criticism against him but he may end up better suited in the long run to become a SG.  

Now my assessment of KCP and Knight early on are holding true.  KCP was never a shooter and likely never will be, and Knight has a ways to go before he really gets the mental part of being a PG.  BTW I think Knight is a combo guard as well.  

I have a different opinion on Dinwiddie, but if you see something different, that's fine.

On Knight, I do believe he can be an effective PG, but if he can't initiate the offense better, create for others, and boos his assists, then he's probably better coming off the bench or playing SG in a small ball lineup.

If you remember, we were the most excited about Knight when Stuckey was playing PG and Knight was playing off the ball! Knight is VERY dangerous off the ball because he can shoot the 3 or take it up the gut to the rim, and isn't afraid of contact!

He's a player, but he will have to really work hard to be a starting PG in this league!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Just Something I've Notcie Watching Video Of Him

Post  WTF Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Oracle wrote:

Oracle, this doesn't mean Dinwiddie can't play PG and saying he's a combo guard isn't a bad thing either trust me I don't have an issue with any player that's capable of playing both the point and shooting guard position. But I don't see elite point guard in Dinwiddie at the moment but the real deal is that he's a combo guard and not really exclusively an PG. Again not a knock or criticism against him but he may end up better suited in the long run to become a SG.

Now my assessment of KCP and Knight early on are holding true. KCP was never a shooter and likely never will be, and Knight has a ways to go before he really gets the mental part of being a PG. BTW I think Knight is a combo guard as well.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Lorenzo Brown

Post  Sparma Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:20 pm

A puzzling contract, not only because we have 16 under contract, but also because he just failed a physical exam in Italy. As Dan Feldman explains it though, it makes sense in that he certain to be cut and then likely to go on to GR.

By comparison, Josh Smith is a paragon of efficiency: "In 26 games for Philadelphia, [Brown] shot 3-of-30 on 3-pointers."
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Oracle wrote:What's the deal here?

FORUM - Page 3 Hi-res-fe8b3d6ead0468d59b29905e18204e0d_crop_north

LeBron done went and got that head did. But, who is the cutie sitting next to him?
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next