Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Murph
PistonPete
Sissy1946
lemonpen
FlyDog
Phil-Good
deusXango
Sebastian
merc
Fennis Dembo
Sparma
15 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Murph

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Hey, nothing wrong with a little speculation between games Smile

I really do like Lin, he's played really well for the Rockets so far this season, and I would actually call him a bright spot at this point.

However, I don't see him as our starting PG, and I still want to see what Jennings looks like with a few more games under his belt. Look, we haven't seen 11 assists in quite some time, and I'm loving it... hope it keeps up!

However, if Lin is the answer at PG for us, I'm afraid to know the question!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty He didn't miss...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:41 pm

merc wrote:Have to say that was a frustrating W... don't know how they did it with Stafford missing open receivers.
Oh, and thanks for leaving Cutler in Cool 
Hitting that Bear defender on that interception in the 4th! We dodged a bullet when the TD got called back!

And don't get me started on Akers! Can that dude even kick anymore?

Still, on the road, you take them any way you can get'um!

Lions 6-3 and alone atop of the North... who would of thunk it!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Gotta Love The 6-3 Record

Post  WTF Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:21 pm

GO LIONS!!!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Lions

Post  merc Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Have to say that was a frustrating W... don't know how they did it with Stafford missing open receivers.
Oh, and thanks for leaving Cutler in Cool 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Lemon Pen ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
merc wrote:Sebastian, are you saying with a different coach the Pistons would be better than the Pacers, Grizz & Thunder?
Yes (in English), Si (in Spanish), ja (in Danish, German, Russian), sim (in Portugese), evet (in Turkish)!

I'll see how he does on the upcoming west coast trip (Portland, Golden State, and Sacramento), before I start the "Mo' Must Go!" campaign.

FORUM - Page 12 Momcgo11
Pistons Pals, I am not the only one who is beginning to have doubts about Mo's ability to coach OUR Pistons:

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/11/9/5084604/maurice-cheeks-quotes-pistons-vs-thunder-2013
Can you elaborate on how the article expresses doubts about Mo.
I should have noted that the comments associated with the article are more than less dubious of Mo's decisions, thus far.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Lin for Stuckey ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Murph wrote:I know this one is going to be very unpopular on this forum, but would anyone trade Stuckey for Jeremy Lin?  The Rockets already have two starting quality PGs in Beverly and Brooks.  They don't need Lin, and Lin has that $15 million balloon payment next season, that the Rockets would like to get out from under.

OTOH, we can afford Lin, and as a PG, Lin is an excellent passer and facilitator, and he can hit the outside shot.  On the downside, Lin's defense is average, and he turns the ball over too much.  But stating Lin at the point would re-focus our starting unit on getting the ball inside to our bigs, and it would allow Jennings to come off the bench to light it up all he wants, as our 6th man.

And in fact, the exact same trade could probably be made by substituting CV's expiring contract for Stuckey's.

Just a thought...  Ok...now get out the pitchforks and torches!  lol!
Yo, Murph have you stopped slapping yourself.Joe 
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Stuckey For Lin?

Post  Murph Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 pm

I know this one is going to be very unpopular on this forum, but would anyone trade Stuckey for Jeremy Lin?  The Rockets already have two starting quality PGs in Beverly and Brooks.  They don't need Lin, and Lin has that $15 million balloon payment next season, that the Rockets would like to get out from under.

OTOH, we can afford Lin, and as a PG, Lin is an excellent passer and facilitator, and he can hit the outside shot.  On the downside, Lin's defense is average, and he turns the ball over too much.  But stating Lin at the point would re-focus our starting unit on getting the ball inside to our bigs, and it would allow Jennings to come off the bench to light it up all he wants, as our 6th man.

And in fact, the exact same trade could probably be made by substituting CV's expiring contract for Stuckey's.

Just a thought...  Ok...now get out the pitchforks and torches!  lol!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Good Stuff Lemon!

Post  deusXango Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:14 am

lemonpen wrote:5 games in an it's coach bashing time already??  I guess the players have been perfect.
No one has been perfect, but I personally want to see signs of progress on Cheeks part, as far as player deployment...players are playing hard.

1)  Smith, the Big Gun, has taken greater than twice as many 3pt attempts than free throws, and has been pretty crappy at both.  He is settling, and failing to be aggressive to the basket.  What again was the purpose of subing out Drummond early.
Smith is making tremendous progress going from playing PF back to SF; a lot of fans have this predisposition about what position he should play (PF). As far as Drummond's early subbing goes, is that bashing the coach, or questioning his decision?

2)  Jennings in two fewer games has been even more inefficient in his shooting.  Smith and BJ lead the team in attempts per game.  We are going nowhere with that balance.  It is time for a heart to heart with Mo.
Cheeks just left a team where the SF and SG were the leading shot takers, and main thrust of the offense. He'll figure out what he has to work with is different from what Scott Brooks is working with in OKC.

3)  As first big off of the bench our "glue guy" has been anything but money, or "BUCKETS" for that matter.  In his third pro season I'm beginning to think he can't shoot at this level.  There is no offensive or defensive reason to play him at the SG.
On this point, I choose to differ; Singler brings the rare talent of being totally engaged at all times, and IMHO would be the perfect backcourt running mate for Stuckey (PG), coming off the bench, and Datome's shots are going to start falling, just wait & see.

4)  Next five games ought to see more Stuckey - KCP and less CB - WB.
This is gospel, Lemon!!

5)  Moose has looked more like an All Star than given credit for.
I hope that this means you're not one in favor of trading Monroe (which would result in a downgrade of teams talent).
My contrary comment on Singler aside, this was a hell of a post. Why am I so nice this morning? Must be Sunday and the return to the field of the Lions.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Every now and then, a gem.

Post  deusXango Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:45 am

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:And the coach never calls a timeout?

Wake the Fu#k up Cheeks!!!
In no particular order:

1- Mo' Cheeks is turning out to be a worst sideline coach than Curry, Kuester, and L. Frank. He has crazy ass lineups and rotations. B. Jennings, Will B., and Stuckey should never, ever be on the floor together; nor should, Stuckey, Chauncey, and Will B.
WTF is Cheeks doing. And, another thing, why was Cheeks so eager to dap-up Durant and Westbrook. I realize he was a former assistant there, but damn. Are WE to expect a similar post-game dap, when WE visit Portland on Monday? I got to tell you, I am extremely disappointed in Maurice Cheeks.  Damn! - While there are some disturbing trends, it's too early to know much. The coach can't change the players overnight, so it takes time before we can see any results of them playing in his system. However, he has full control over who to play, which players to play together and substitution patterns. It's in those areas where he can be judged, and it's not bashing to point out FACTS!

2- Chauncey is almost done. He can't shoot. Can't check 1's or 2's. And, doesn't seem to be effective as an elder leader. Joe may have should had hired Chauncey to be the Head Coach, rather than what appears to be the Pistons starting shooting guard.  Damn! - This is just like when he came back to the Clippers. He looked goo for all of two games, then he fell off a cliff and really hurt them in the playoffs until they just stopped using him. He lies about being able to go back to the Clippers, they didn't want him!

3- Dre Drummond has taken a couple steps back, in the most recent two games (Pacers and Thunder). He's fouling and standing around doing nothing. Damn! - Drum Dog is struggling with the increased minutes... he's almost out of gas! It'll take 15-20 games before he's conditioned properly.

4- Jerebko has forgotten how to play basketball, plain and simple. He is making $4.5 million, this season, and next. He is practically useless to OUR Pistons, when he gets on the floor he does nothing and he has no trade value.  Damn! - Talk about being done... it's a Chauncey & JJ family picture!

5- Blaha and Kelser continue to disappoint They are quick to praise and promote anybody on an opposing roster; so far they have been large advocates for John Wall, Bradley Beal, Paul George, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Jordan f#cking Crawford.  Damn! - That ship sailed years ago! They can't get any worse! It's like a bad sci-fi movie that's so bad it's a classic... that's those two! I'm so used to them I don't even notice how bad they are until the Ron Wallace's wear off Smile 
Oracle, this is the best reply I've read, concerning our Pistons, in a long, long time; well thought out and truthful, with a sobering tone. I particularly liked this quote:
However, he has full control over who to play, which players to play together and substitution patterns. Good stuff.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Seb

Post  lemonpen Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:43 am

Sebastian wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
merc wrote:Sebastian, are you saying with a different coach the Pistons would be better than the Pacers, Grizz & Thunder?
Yes (in English), Si (in Spanish), ja (in Danish, German, Russian), sim (in Portugese), evet (in Turkish)!

I'll see how he does on the upcoming west coast trip (Portland, Golden State, and Sacramento), before I start the "Mo' Must Go!" campaign.

FORUM - Page 12 Momcgo11
Pistons Pals, I am not the only one who is beginning to have doubts about Mo's ability to coach OUR Pistons:

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/11/9/5084604/maurice-cheeks-quotes-pistons-vs-thunder-2013
Can you elaborate on how the article expresses doubts about Mo.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Stuff

Post  lemonpen Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 am

5 games in an it's coach bashing time already?? I guess the players have been perfect.

1) Smith, the Big Gun, has taken greater than twice as many 3pt attempts than free throws, and has been pretty crappy at both. He is settling, and failing to be aggressive to the basket. What again was the purpose of subing out Drummond early.

2) Jennings in two fewer games has been even more inefficient in his shooting. Smith and BJ lead the team in attempts per game. We are going nowhere with that balance. It is time for a heart to heart with Mo.

3) As first big off of the bench our "glue guy" has been anything but money, or "BUCKETS" for that matter. In his third pro season I'm beginning to think he can't shoot at this level. There is no offensive or defensive reason to play him at the SG.

4) Next five games ought to see more Stuckey - KCP and less CB - WB.

5) Moose has looked more like an All Star than given credit for.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Doubts about Mo's coaching ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:57 am

Sebastian wrote:

FORUM - Page 12 Momcgo11

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Merc

Post  WTF Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 am

merc wrote:What happened to Wise?... being all positive n **** Smile 

I still have my snarl and my eyebrows slightly slanted because there are a few things I still got my eye on and very concerned with. And yes it's hard to not to be positive since I long advocate for both Cheeks and Josh Smith but I'm still think a few things need to happen with this team
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Merc & Phillip

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:12 am

@Merc - If you look at the Clippers under Doc Rivers, they're just as dumb and doing all of the wrong things that they used to do!

No coach is going to turn anything around in a few games... sometimes it takes 3/4 of the season before it comes together, so Cheeks has a lot of rope left!

However, I do think there are areas under his control that he's done a poor job of dealing with, and I think it's fair game to call him out, but I don't think it's fair to start calling for his head.

I'll piss and moan, but unless something is really bad, I do like to give a coach the tenure of his contract to get things in order.

Cheeks is still in the honeymoon stage IMO!

"Cheeks let's them boys play. Go out there and win or lose the game. It's on you. I like that. " - Phillip

You don't need a coach to get that, and I don't want a coach that just lets them play. They need to be playing within a framework, and if you mean let them play after they understand the framework, then I retract my comment.

But IMO, I've failed to detect a pattern yet, but that may be because Cheeks is still experimenting, which is totally understandable.

He just got his backcourt together with no preseason to work out the kinks, so it may be a bit ugly at times.

One thing I want to make clear! I believe in this team and the coach at this point, but I don't have a problem with people that want to point out flaws, as long as we aren't calling for heads to roll Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty After 5 games, the greatest disappointments are ...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:06 am

Sebastian wrote:

In no particular order:

1- Mo' Cheeks is turning out to be a worst sideline coach than Curry, Kuester, and L. Frank. He has crazy ass lineups and rotations. B. Jennings, Will B., and Stuckey should never, ever be on the floor together; nor should, Stuckey, Chauncey, and Will B.
WTF is Cheeks doing. And, another thing, why was Cheeks so eager to dap-up Durant and Westbrook. I realize he was a former assistant there, but damn. Are WE to expect a similar post-game dap, when WE visit Portland on Monday? I got to tell you, I am extremely disappointed in Maurice Cheeks.  Damn! - While there are some disturbing trends, it's too early to know much. The coach can't change the players overnight, so it takes time before we can see any results of them playing in his system. However, he has full control over who to play, which players to play together and substitution patterns. It's in those areas where he can be judged, and it's not bashing to point out FACTS!

2- Chauncey is almost done. He can't shoot. Can't check 1's or 2's. And, doesn't seem to be effective as an elder leader. Joe may have should had hired Chauncey to be the Head Coach, rather than what appears to be the Pistons starting shooting guard.  Damn! - This is just like when he came back to the Clippers. He looked goo for all of two games, then he fell off a cliff and really hurt them in the playoffs until they just stopped using him. He lies about being able to go back to the Clippers, they didn't want him!

3- Dre Drummond has taken a couple steps back, in the most recent two games (Pacers and Thunder). He's fouling and standing around doing nothing. Damn! - Drum Dog is struggling with the increased minutes... he's almost out of gas! It'll take 15-20 games before he's conditioned properly.

4- Jerebko has forgotten how to play basketball, plain and simple. He is making $4.5 million, this season, and next. He is practically useless to OUR Pistons, when he gets on the floor he does nothing and he has no trade value.  Damn! - Talk about being done... it's a Chauncey & JJ family picture!

5- Blaha and Kelser continue to disappoint They are quick to praise and promote anybody on an opposing roster; so far they have been large advocates for John Wall, Bradley Beal, Paul George, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Jordan f#cking Crawford.  Damn! - That ship sailed years ago! They can't get any worse! It's like a bad sci-fi movie that's so bad it's a classic... that's those two! I'm so used to them I don't even notice how bad they are until the Ron Wallace's wear off Smile 
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty I want to see some wins on this road trip for the Pistons

Post  Phil-Good Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:08 am

They have to talent. They have the defense. Let's pull off some W's:hehe: 
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty "I'm beginning to believe Mo' can't coach ..."

Post  Phil-Good Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 am

WOW! Already? We on the coach already? So I wonder what people say when Phil Jackson did not call timeouts to save his teams from getting they ass kicked and made them man up and stop teams runs cold.

1 thing for sure I did not like about L.Frank was he was A know it all. He over coached his teams at times as well.

Cheeks let's them boys play. Go out there and win or lose the game. It's on you. I like that.

If Cheeks starts KCP and puts Billups on the bench where he belongs, then I will be A big time fan of his.

GO PISTONS!!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Stuckey

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:05 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Okay so no trade happen and my guts were wrong and all over the place lol. My pal Stuckey is slightly above his career average but he's shooting close to 60% from the field and has shot the three ball well so far and he's doing this with less minutes. Sounds like a steady 6th man to me tb 
Wise, don't feel bad, I trusted your gut also. rockon There was nothing that would have made me happy more than a positive trade, involving Stuckey, that's what I was looking for this week, but since it didn't happen.....oh well.

As we all know, this is an evolving team that's been tested for all of 5 games; Cheeks rotations and starting lineups haven't given us fans a fair chance to evaluate what we have going for us, and what we have going against us. Right now it seems that Stuckey coming off the bench in a 6th man role, is one of the things we have going for us; if that can play out for the remainder of the season, it's a win-win situation. If Stuckey becomes comfortable in that role, we've got an experienced weapon, who if resigned, his contract will be more reasonable than the one he's playing under now. If for some reason things don't work out, his expiring contracts value will give us a substantial amount to shop with or resign Monroe.

Pretty much every fan is baffled by KCP not starting at SG for us, but there is hope that Cheeks may yet give him his chance; with that being said, the completion of our 2nd unit is still disturbingly unsettled. Stuckey is a better PG than SG, and can have his way with 2nd tier PG's throughout the league. It really doesn't matter who plays what, as long as Singler and Datome play together (with Stuckey) off the bench; who is better to play with whatever two of our big men left on the floor? I'm not a fan of small ball and there's really no reason we should be trying to play that style of basketball anyway; strong and smart ball is where we seem destined to excel. With those three (Stuckey, Singler, and Gigi) being the first players off our bench, it's a matter of choosing between Mitchell, Harrellson, or CV as to who will complete a 9 man rotation; these are the players who we'll ride into the playoffs. I'm not for trading Stuckey for Evan Turner when we have a developing Singler & Datome, who's contracts combined are cheaper than Turners'. Turner ain't good enough to replace two players on our team.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty I'm beginning to believe Mo' can't coach ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:31 pm

FORUM - Page 12 Momcgo11
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Sebastian, are you saying with a different coach the Pistons would be better than the Pacers, Grizz & Thunder?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty After 5 games, the greatest disappointments are ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:49 pm

In no particular order:

WTF is Cheeks doing. And, another thing, why was Cheeks so eager to dap-up Durant and Westbrook. I realize he was a former assistant there, but damn. Are WE to expect a similar post-game dap, when WE visit Portland on Monday? I got to tell you, I am extremely disappointed in Maurice Cheeks.  Damn!

2- Chauncey is almost done. He can't shoot. Can't check 1's or 2's. And, doesn't seem to be effective as an elder leader. Joe may have should had hired Chauncey to be the Head Coach, rather than what appears to be the Pistons starting shooting guard.  Damn!

3- Dre Drummond has taken a couple steps back, in the most recent two games (Pacers and Thunder). He's fouling and standing around doing nothing. Damn!

4- Jerebko has forgotten how to play basketball, plain and simple. He is making $4.5 million, this season, and next. He is practically useless to OUR Pistons, when he gets on the floor he does nothing and he has no trade value.  Damn!

5- Blaha and Kelser continue to disappoint They are quick to praise and promote anybody on an opposing roster; so far they have been large advocates for John Wall, Bradley Beal, Paul George, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Jordan f#cking Crawford.  Damn!

Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Go Stones! wrote:...if our players are going to shoot so many 3s, we need to at least give the big guys time to position themselves for a rebound.  I can't tell you how many times the 3 was shot and 2-3 OKC players were there without any Pistons players to catch the rebound.  This only works with all the 3s if our players can rebound and have put-backs.  What is the saying?  "Win by the 3, die by the 3."  

Also, last night our points in the paint were not as emphasized as against Indy.  We should have embarressed them!  I know Dre and Smith had serious foul issues.  It seems that instead of having...JJ as PF that we may have used Jorts or Mitchell to see what they could bring.  
Agreed.  The Pistons need to play to their strength, which is their big, athletic, physically dominating front line.  They don't want to become just another jump shooting team, with their offense geared toward Jennings, Smith and Datome chucking up 3s.

This team needs to pound the ball inside on offense.  And we need a PG who knows how to feed his big men in the post.  As bad as Will Bynum is, at least he knew to work the ball inside to our big men.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:50 pm

What happened to Wise?... being all positive n **** Smile 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Stuckey

Post  WTF Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Okay so no trade happen and my guts were wrong and all over the place lol. My pal Stuckey is slightly above his career average but he's shooting close to 60% from the field and has shot the three ball well so far and he's doing this with less minutes. Sounds like a steady 6th man to me tb 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Not a fan of small ball...

Post  Go Stones! Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:43 am

I can't believe he had Stuckey at SF last night towards the last few minutes. This is just not cool!

Also, if our players are going to shoot so many 3s, we need to at least give the big guys time to position themselves for a rebound. I can't tell you how many times the 3 was shot and 2-3 OKC players were there without any Pistons players to catch the rebound. This only works with all the 3s if our players can rebound and have put-backs. What is the saying? "Win by the 3, die by the 3."

Also, last night our points in the paint were not as emphasized as against Indy. We should have embarressed them! I know Dre and Smith had serious foul issues. It seems that instead of having Singler or JJ as PF that we may have used Jorts or Mitchell to see what they could bring.

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next