Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Murph
PistonPete
Sissy1946
lemonpen
FlyDog
Phil-Good
deusXango
Sebastian
merc
Fennis Dembo
Sparma
15 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Case For Stuckey Starting

Post  WTF Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:59 am

I think the starting backcourt should be KCP and Stuckey and Jennings coming of the bench as "Sixth Man" at this point. I would much rather have Jennings taking his shoot first mantra with playing with the second unit in stead of starting the games with Monroe, Drummond, Josh because he's clearly effecting how they're playing.  

Jennings is clearly the better scorer but he's not at this point the better option at PG, Stuckey is.  There are other cases to argue a Stuckey starting at PG. 1. He's a better perimeter defender and this is where the team has been getting killed and a KCP and Stuckey tandem helps big time. 2. Stuckey has been hitting his career marks with less minutes, his shooting percentage has been extremely better and I think once people stop looking at the "Old Stuckey" and start looking at what he has been doing currently he deserves to start be it along side Jennings or KCP. and 3. Stuckey is a far more willing passer maybe not as capable a passer as Jennings but of the 2 Stuckey is likely the one that can be convinced to pass that ball.  

A few things I've noticed about Stuckey so far is he has developed what seems to be a few new post moves, and has taken advantage of mismatches with he's size and posting more. He has take very good shots for the most part and was shooting well above 50% FG and with his 3's as well. He's always been steady IMO on the defensive end of the court and nothing has changed there.  

The problem with Jennings is he gets into these personal contest with the opposing PG's he faced so far and that only fuels that shoot first mentality of his.  

Trust me I was never a "Knight Fan" but at this point we might as well kept him because we're kind of getting the same results at that position. Perhaps Knight would have taken to what CB had to offer to how that position needs to be played. Right now I think Jennings is doing his own thing especially if he's ignoring 2 championship PG to be advised by Joe how to play the PG position.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty DX, speak on it ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:48 am

deusXango wrote:5 years after his unceremonious dismissal from the Pistons, after stops in 3 different cities, and following a couple of major restricting surgeries, Chauncey Billups returns to Detroit, like some conquering hero; his best days clearly behind him at age 37, but he says there's a starting spot for him on this team somewhere. "Oh, Chauncey!!" we giggled as we ate that nonsense up; he came back with a power that he didn't leave with (he's now a "sacred cow" and there were no sacred cows when he left).

Don't get me wrong, I love Chauncey Billups, for what he's done for me as a loyal fan of the Pistons, but there is no player that I've seen in a Pistons uniform that I love more than Isaiah Thomas; that being said, I'm not ready to welcome "the Captain" back to start on todays team, with todays talent, when his years and skills have certainly placed him in another arena of service, much like Chauncey's have! After that home opener, Chauncey should never have started again! I fault Cheeks for that.

Now we're less than 10 games deep into the season and there's reports of physical problems preventing Billups from participating in team practices; the way he stunk up the last 5 games, he needs practice more than anyone in the rotation! If he can't practice, he can't be effective; if he's not effective, he doesn't belong in the rotation (if we insist that he be a member of the team). His job is to do just what Rasheed is doing, coach and teach. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the ongoing press items haven't been about he's been doing with Siva, and how much progress he's showing, as our future PG prospect; shooting has been pointed out as a major shortcoming of Siva's game, and Chauncey can certainly teach him the fine points of shot-clock management, and controlling the pace of the game, along with improving his shot. Oh well, who can figure?

There were 4 givens, as to who would be starting, with 1 unsettled; IMHO it should have been a foregone conclusion what our starting lineup would consist of; our three lottery picks (damn what Monroe and BK7 went through, SG is not as hard to master as PG and center) and our two major FA acquisitions. Less than 10 games in and getting our ass kicked twice as much as we've won, it becomes apparent that Drummond, Monroe, Smith, KCP, and Jennings should be our starters; my heart goes out to anyone who can't understand that now.
DX, sho' you right!clap 
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty WTF were we thinking?! & Don/Jennings

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:32 am

Answer: We weren't thinkingChauncey was an emotional hire, and I don't have a problem with that, you just don't try to force him into the rotation!

BTW, shout out to Don for his great posts on Jennings, and being a true man coming around after the BK7 trade! Knight is good and will have a good career, but Jennings has rarer talent!

The Bucks couldn't figure out how to use Jennings, and Jennings couldn't figure out how best to play with them. This happens all of the time in basketball, and that's why lots of guys blossom when they encounter a new system and team!

I'm hoping that will happen for Jennings here, because he truly is talented in ways that spell championship if harnessed properly.

While this is not a prediction, I do feel strongly that we will win this game tonight! You can almost smell the hunger coming from the Pistons locker room, they'll be fighting hard tonight.

Cheeks needs to start KCP... PERIOD!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty WTF were we thinking?!

Post  deusXango Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:37 am

5 years after his unceremonious dismissal from the Pistons, after stops in 3 different cities, and following a couple of major restricting surgeries, Chauncey Billups returns to Detroit, like some conquering hero; his best days clearly behind him at age 37, but he says there's a starting spot for him on this team somewhere. "Oh, Chauncey!!" we giggled as we ate that nonsense up; he came back with a power that he didn't leave with (he's now a "sacred cow" and there were no sacred cows when he left).

Don't get me wrong, I love Chauncey Billups, for what he's done for me as a loyal fan of the Pistons, but there is no player that I've seen in a Pistons uniform that I love more than Isaiah Thomas; that being said, I'm not ready to welcome "the Captain" back to start on todays team, with todays talent, when his years and skills have certainly placed him in another arena of service, much like Chauncey's have! After that home opener, Chauncey should never have started again! I fault Cheeks for that.

Now we're less than 10 games deep into the season and there's reports of physical problems preventing Billups from participating in team practices; the way he stunk up the last 5 games, he needs practice more than anyone in the rotation! If he can't practice, he can't be effective; if he's not effective, he doesn't belong in the rotation (if we insist that he be a member of the team). His job is to do just what Rasheed is doing, coach and teach. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the ongoing press items haven't been about he's been doing with Siva, and how much progress he's showing, as our future PG prospect; shooting has been pointed out as a major shortcoming of Siva's game, and Chauncey can certainly teach him the fine points of shot-clock management, and controlling the pace of the game, along with improving his shot. Oh well, who can figure?

There were 4 givens, as to who would be starting, with 1 unsettled; IMHO it should have been a foregone conclusion what our starting lineup would consist of; our three lottery picks (damn what Monroe and BK7 went through, SG is not as hard to master as PG and center) and our two major FA acquisitions. Less than 10 games in and getting our ass kicked twice as much as we've won, it becomes apparent that Drummond, Monroe, Smith, KCP, and Jennings should be our starters; my heart goes out to anyone who can't understand that now.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Ugh, Chauncey... RIP has a message for you...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty KCP should make his firs start tomorrow night

Post  Phil-Good Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:23 am

Good luck kid. Show the kid who was picked 1 spot ahead of you that you are the better player.

Go PISTONS!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty OKC and Golden State ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:30 am

Damn, these guys can shoot!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Mo' start KCP, now!!!

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Oracle wrote:It's becoming a pattern! Something needs to be changed, but Cheeks standard response is he doesn't know what he's going to do... I'm concerned, but not going crazy about it yet!

FORUM - Page 7 Klanglois_100_normalKeith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Follow
Chauncey Billups (knee tendinitis) sat out practice today. Mo Cheeks says he's unsure about any #Pistons lineup changes for Friday at SAC.
5:39 PM - 14 Nov 2013
Tomorrow night's game versus the Kings should be the game, when KCP gets his first start. Stuckey should be the first guard off the bench, 6th-man. The guard rotation is thus, solved.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Where have we heard this before?

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:46 pm

It's becoming a pattern! Something needs to be changed, but Cheeks standard response is he doesn't know what he's going to do... I'm concerned, but not going crazy about it yet!

FORUM - Page 7 Klanglois_100_normalKeith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Follow
Chauncey Billups (knee tendinitis) sat out practice today. Mo Cheeks says he's unsure about any #Pistons lineup changes for Friday at SAC.
5:39 PM - 14 Nov 2013
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty This is STUPID...

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Detroit Pistons Nearing Disaster Status

1. It's way too early to go into this level of panic
2. You don't make judgments about teams developing chemistry with this level of turnover.
3. These same dudes will overreact to the Pistons beating up a bunch of cellar dwellers and anoint them world beaters!

Remind me how these clowns got those sports writing gigs?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty LOL Fly Forums Are Not The Same

Post  WTF Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:55 pm

FlyDog wrote:I agree that Jennings needs to just shut up and pass the damn ball once in a while.  Maybe I'm just old and don't understand this generation.  Always running to the internet to share every thought with anybody willing to pay attention.  Okay.....maybe I understand a little;-).
Every time we look up there's some dumbass on Twitter just look at Matt Barnes dumbass tweet last night. We might be old but we're not stupid and childish for the most part we don't have Forum Wars lol 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty These Stupid Tweets

Post  FlyDog Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:49 pm

I agree that Jennings needs to just shut up and pass the damn ball once in a while. Maybe I'm just old and don't understand this generation. Always running to the internet to share every thought with anybody willing to pay attention. Okay.....maybe I understand a little;-).
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Thanks Guys

Post  FlyDog Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 pm

For the encouragement and the links. I have been watching the Lions......got family down here who have the Sunday Ticket. They also have League Pass, but seeing them once a week is plenty! I look forward to the game on ESPN tomorrow night.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Hang in there, Fly ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Oracle wrote:I posted this earlier for out of towners without league pass.

Go here for all of your NFL/NBA needs - http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

It's a lot of crap to go through, but at least you can watch the Lions & Pistons Smile
Yo, Fly, hang in there, my man. My wife has been out of work for the last 24 months and it has eaten through my pockets, like a Mfer.

It'll get better, my man.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty YO FLY

Post  WTF Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Hang in there Fly I was pushed into early retirement in January. I'm a full time 50 year old student now and thank God school is free. I don't miss working but I do know about having to cutback but I have a 16 year old that is going to force me back to work. Haven't been in school 15 years and a whole bunch of things have change since, but school keeps me busy.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Fly: No money no problem!

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:08 pm

I posted this earlier for out of towners without league pass.

Go here for all of your NFL/NBA needs - http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

It's a lot of crap to go through, but at least you can watch the Lions & Pistons Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Hey Fly.......GO LIONS!!!!!

Post  WTF Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:06 pm

I hope you at least been watching and roaring these Lions games.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Jennings... OMG!

Post  WTF Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Oracle wrote:Jennings just won't keep his mouth shut!

With all that's going on with this team, he finds time to get into stuff with an upcoming opponent, and realizing how dumb his sh!t was, he tried to delete the tweet, but a smart person copied it before it went away and re-tweeted it to JR Smith!

Why? Who knows what's going on in this dudes head!

Brandon Jennings gets under J.R. Smith’s skin with brother diss
This is what wrong with our team as a whole right now. I don't think they take the games or any this losing as seriously as they should. This twitting **** is stupid you ask me players want to battle to it **** court and not on freaking twitter.

BTW I hope this clowns recognize that their asses are on national television (ESPN) tomorrow night and show the hell up. This game will be their defining moment as far as the basketball world taking them seriously.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:21 pm

DX, your rotation sounds about right... just make sure CV-no-D is at the very bottom.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Oracle wrote:Jennings just won't keep his mouth shut!

With all that's going on with this team, he finds time to get into stuff with an upcoming opponent, and realizing how dumb his sh!t was, he tried to delete the tweet, but a smart person copied it before it went away and re-tweeted it to JR Smith!

You know what pisses me off the most about these tweets? The English language getting bent over and done dry. I know it's just twitter.....but c'mon guys. Have a little pride.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty BTW

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Any way you spin it, having KCP & Jennings start games automatically means it's going to be a steal fest!

These are our best two players to pressure and steal on a decent basis!

Don & Lemonpen have convinced me that it's too early to pull Jennings from the starting lineup for Stuckey. Besides, upon reflection, Jennings is more of the future than Stuckey, so it makes more sense to invest in Jennings starting.

I've loved 90% of what Jennings is doing right now, the other 10%, well, we can hope it gets ironed out with Cheeks as coach.

However, if I'm to be honest, my major concern is coaching!

Cheeks doesn't appear to have a plan that I can detect, but in his defense, being on the road now, hurts their ability to integrate anything new or adjust in any significant way.

We'll know more once they get back, rested and sop up some of that home cooking!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Jennings... OMG!

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Jennings just won't keep his mouth shut!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Murderers Row. What would you expect?????

Post  PistonPete Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:48 pm

The revised rotations look better than what we've got, fosho. I'm buying what you're selling Deus.

But there is another burning question. Who are the true leader on this team who will fight to right the ship? Looking like Moose to me, maybe. We know Chauncey is the steady voice. Smoove has fire and Jennings needs to shut up and pass the ball to the bigs and RUN SOME DAMM PLAYS!!!

Two crises so far: The early injuries to Stuck and Jennings, which we weathered well. Our first real blowout loss, and the recognition we are one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Well, hell! We have played the best damn teams in the league, going through a murderers row of talented top-tier teams: Pacers, Thunder, Warriors, Grizzlies, all playoff seasoned talented teams.all but the Grizz, extremely offensively talented. I'm not worried about that. Especially we get our rotation down and start to play well offensively with balance, the defense will follow.

Teams hang their when they come down on O and one player dribbles out the clock and calls his own play! It is a known moralle killer Dudes. That is part of what is happening! Get Bynum out of there and smack KCP in the jaw if he don't go back to the 22pts 11 assists formula!!

When we start playing more of the Wizards, Bobcats, Bucks, Raptors, Nuggets, and Kings, we will be aight! So that starts with the Kings...Get the W!!!
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty DX

Post  FlyDog Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 pm

deusXango wrote:
FlyDog wrote:Haven't seen the Pistons play yet.......looks like they've lost some tough games.  I didn't think things would work with Brandon Jennings running the Point.  Thought it was a stupid trade.  Does Joe have something against normal PG's?  Am I way off base?
Hey Fly, sorry that you haven't seen, what's developing to be a train wreck, but the first couple of loses were Lionesque (I haven't seen more creative ways to shot yourself in the foot in late game situations). It's not who Joe trades for, but who he refuses to trade, and that's Stuckey; half of his career, as a GM, has been devoted to making Stuckey a superstar, and no other player to come this way has received that type of devotion, with such a mediocre skillset. Just look at the list of successful PG's Joe passed over, because we had Stuckey; that's answering a question with a mystery.  
Hi DX.......working hard? No. In fact, not working at all. Don't have League Pass right now, so I really don't have much to offer as far as valuable input.....I'll just have to take you guysis word for it! Hopefully, things will improve and I can get League Pass soon. All I know is, I ain't gonna ASK Mrs. Fly if we can buy League Pass. Screw that noise!

For all of those out there who hate their jobs, be grateful that you have one. Not working REALLY sucks. Going from rags to riches and then back to rags really sucks too. Kinda what banjo Curry went through, I suppose. Anyway.......I'll be fine. It's these Pistons that I'm worried about.

How long is Gores gonna put up with Joe? How many GD combo Guards does Joe think this team needs? Is he THAT freaking dense? I don't want Jennings, Stuckey, OR Brandon Knight running our Offense. I want a POINT GUARD.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty This would be my rotation

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:33 am

1. Jennings
2. Caldwell-Pope
3. Smith
4. Monroe
5. Drummond
6. Datome
7. Stuckey
8. Singler
9. CV/Harrellson/Mitchell
10.Bynum/Billups

In this rotation I'm relying on the strength of the team, which is it's size, strength, and skill, to gang up on opponents; IMHO the guards are not good enough, defensively, to go beyond a three guard rotation (albeit Jennings is not a great defender, he plays the passing lanes better than any guard we have), a PG, SG, and a combo guard is all we need to compliment our big men play on both ends of the floor. The active rotation, from night-to-night, is 8 men deep, #9 & 10 are situational players. This roster deserves a year to marinate and no trades other than for Jerebko or Bynum are practical to consider by the deadline.

The popular thinking is to trade Stuckey and/or CV, but their value to us is their expiring contracts; we can't get equal value for the amount of those contracts in a trade, we can only make another team stronger and our team weaker. Jerebko and Bynum is addition by way of subtraction.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next