Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Sebastian
cool breeze
deusXango
FlyDog
merc
Oracle
Murph
Phil-Good
Grizz2
WTF
15 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty TAKE YO AZZ TO MEMPHIS SOUR PEE BOY

Post  WTF Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:It was A move towards the future for the Detroit Pistons.. Salary dump. I will be very happy to see when Stuckey day comes when he is packing his bags as well.

I'm very excited to see what Joe is going to do with all this money he has this summer. I hope he picks well in the draft and in the free agent pool.

Can anybody say Ty Evans!!!

Hopefully his dumbass doesn't Nuck It Up
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Grizz2

Post  lemonpen Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Grizz2 wrote:
Don, there is definitely truth in your words about Prince being a faciltator ... We will soon find out how much we miss Prince.

But I am for this trade ... the first good one Joe has done in some time ..

I caution anyone to get too excited about how much this trade helps us though ....
We still need shooters to spread the floor ...

Will Frank be able to figure out a major change in team make up? IF the past is any indication of the future .. the answer is sometime after your grandchildren graduate from college ...

Frank is still the main problem on this team .. It is not Knight nor Monroe .. Bynum, Stuckey, Daye (gone now of course) and Charlie V are all figured out now by the opposition but Frank cannot figure out to get them working well together again .. Only Drummond has gotten better and that is still a frustrating situation because he is not playing enough ..

Jose Calderon is an experienced PG .. Like what I saw of him on the Raptors ... So like the trade ..

I also like the trade because it will make it even more clear that it is Frank's lack of how to run an offense and his failur to react to what the opposing coaches throw at him .. is what is screwing up the Pistons ..

For Prince, the Grizzlies are a great team for him to end up on .. He can complement a team of good / star players so well as he did on the Pistons Go to Work Teams ..

So Don ,,,, for Prince's sake .. this is a good move .. he is on a contender ..

The trade is not yet finalized but Goodwill says .. soon ..

Shouldn't the players receive some credit for their failures. Reading your description of our problem one might believe you see bball as more of a chess game between coaches than actual physical competition.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty This Say's It All

Post  WTF Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Detroit Pistons Are Huge Winners in Jose Calderon DealBy Jay Wierenga(Featured Columnist) on January 30, 2013 439 reads

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext Harry How/Getty Images

This afternoon, ESPN's Marc Stein reported that the Pistons were the third team involved in the Rudy Gay deal, sending Austin Daye and Tayshaun Prince to Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Jose Calderon.

Okay, let this news wash over you. If you are in fact now jumping up and down and crying tears of joy, you are not alone. I just got done doing the same thing.

But first, let's take a moment to remember all the good that Prince gave us. He was an integral part of the 2004 championship team and has provided some amazing plays for this team. The image of him blocking Reggie Miller's layup during that year's playoffs is an iconic Michigan sports moment.

However, things have changed. Prince no longer fits this team.

The Pistons are trying to define themselves as one of two types of teams. Either they are a half-court offense that flows through the post, or they are an up-tempo unit that gets out on the break.

Either way, Prince is not a fit. His offense has essentially become one-dimensional, relying on a jump fake in order to get off his shot in most instances. He still has that baby hook in the post, but in recent years we have seen that move less and less due to his diminished athleticism and the strain it puts on his body.

In the full court, Prince often acted as the wet blanket for the break. Brandon Knight and the rest of the team would be slanting down the court, only to be held up by Prince's anchor of caution. Prince had become the place where fast-breaks go to die.

Stop Whining!!!!!!....Thank Goodness He's Gone banana
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sparma Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks to Prince for all of his dedicated play, even if he became a grump in recent years in his team "leader" role. He's been one of many who have been better than I expected this year (fewer isos, more positive), along with Maxiell, Bynum, Villanuena, Daye, Singler, and Drummond (btw, that's quite a list for exceeding expectations; some credit goes to Frank). But I'm glad Dumars had the guts to move on. I, for one, suspected Joe would not make a move in spite of the wealth of trade materials.

Like Oracle, I suspect both Prince and Daye will do quite well with Memphis. The inside-heavy game should fit Daye real well.

Daye may well turn out to be more valuable for the 2nd rounder that one report says we're getting, but a second rounder who fits the roster better could be picked.

I really like Calderon (maybe haven't seen him enough on D), but am worried because he's a rental. Any inside info maybe, such as that his family would not want to leave Toronto so that Detroit would have an inside track. In any case, we get to see what difference a genuine passing guard makes. That should be interesting and exciting.

Importantly, money devoted to Prince comes free a year early. Joe's about to be sitting on a mountain of cash, especially if CV's amnestied (which may not be such a great idea with fellow tall outside shooter Daye leaving).

At this point, I'd be surprised if another trade doesn't follow, likely with Stuckey or Bynum, at least, on the way out.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty The young guys shouldnt be blamed .. UNTIL ...

Post  Grizz2 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:
Don, there is definitely truth in your words about Prince being a faciltator ... We will soon find out how much we miss Prince.

But I am for this trade ... the first good one Joe has done in some time ..

I caution anyone to get too excited about how much this trade helps us though ....
We still need shooters to spread the floor ...

Will Frank be able to figure out a major change in team make up? IF the past is any indication of the future .. the answer is sometime after your grandchildren graduate from college ...

Frank is still the main problem on this team .. It is not Knight nor Monroe .. Bynum, Stuckey, Daye (gone now of course) and Charlie V are all figured out now by the opposition but Frank cannot figure out to get them working well together again .. Only Drummond has gotten better and that is still a frustrating situation because he is not playing enough ..

Jose Calderon is an experienced PG .. Like what I saw of him on the Raptors ... So like the trade ..

I also like the trade because it will make it even more clear that it is Frank's lack of how to run an offense and his failur to react to what the opposing coaches throw at him .. is what is screwing up the Pistons ..

For Prince, the Grizzlies are a great team for him to end up on .. He can complement a team of good / star players so well as he did on the Pistons Go to Work Teams ..

So Don ,,,, for Prince's sake .. this is a good move .. he is on a contender ..

The trade is not yet finalized but Goodwill says .. soon ..

Lemonpen ...
Shouldn't the players receive some credit for their failures. Reading your description of our problem one might believe you see bball as more of a chess game between coaches than actual physical competition.

Lemonpen .. In terms of attitude and effort .. yes . .you can blame them ... but not in terms of success until they have had a good go at it .. This is a team that is supposed to be developing ... young players .. get no blame ... none .. if they are putting out there best ... put them out there and teach them how to play ... or .. get into a new line of business ..

Are there any YOUNG players would you blame for not giving their all? You probably would agree that they are all trying pretty hard ... Most havent even been given the minutes they need to develop ...

I respect Jmax but dont think he should have been starting at PF as a vet anymore than Singler should be a SG .. Ridiculous .. That is the head coach's decision ..

Play the kids .. and I could have lived with that .. but .. Frank went with Vets primarily that we knew would not only lose but would get in the way of development .. This has been pointed out by others and myself since last season .. Frank didnt get it then and still doesnt ... This is not a trivial point ... and now the **** has hit the fan ... You have vets that have failed to win .. and because they were out there .. the young guys didnt get the time to develop and carry the team forward with some success to build on .. At this moment, the team has no set system for bringing the young guys into development .... What a waste!

That is why I do not have much patience for Frank ...

Even the attitude and mindset of the players is up to the head coach .. Frank is not an established play-off kind of head coach ... he appears to be failing with every player on the team .. Who has gotten consistently better?

Time for someone with smarts and guts ... Frank is a loser .... Always an excuse .. always someone to blame ..

I suppose today's excuse is Prince and Daye didnt play .. 19 point loss ... There will be someone to blame for the next wipe out loss ...

If I saw players playing better and better .. I would give Frank credit .. but this is not happening .. It is Frank's system and it does not work and he cannot lead in the heat of battle ..

What is NOT known is if Frank CAN COACH these guys or any guys (you know the guy whose team lost 16 straight games so we hired him anyway) .. Never has proven he can take a young player and make him into a good vet .. In fact ... Recall . .the best each of our players playing .. and see the ups and downs ..

No position has been established on this team and no set rotation is either .. it is all one big experiment .. of failure ... Frank is searching for virtually every position .. even back up .. he doesnt know what will work .. .... and what we need is a head coach who can do better than that ...

It is a matter of time before he is replaced .. Good bet he doesnt finish the season as NOW the harder portion of the season has begun ..

Last edited by Grizz2 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty about the Palace Prince......

Post  Rett Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:52 pm

from what I know and read...it is probably a good trade.

But...Have to say I will miss seeing Prince with the Pistons.
I have always thought of him as that steady hand.
No complaints about the Palace Prince!

Thank you Tay! rockon

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Next Trade?

Post  Rett Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 pm

Stuck.....

I will not boo-hoo about him leaving....... banana

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Prince had a lot of success here ..

Post  Grizz2 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Rett wrote:from what I know and read...it is probably a good trade.

But...Have to say I will miss seeing Prince with the Pistons.
I have always thought of him as that steady hand.
No complaints about the Palace Prince!

Thank you Tay! rockon

Rhett .. as Phillip and Don have said .. I will root for him and the Grizzlies to do very well ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty RE: TAKE YO AZZ TO MEMPHIS SOUR PEE BOY

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:58 am

WHAT-EVER SOUR CYNICAL PRICK!!!! lol lol

If I could trade you for A bag of beetle dung the deal would have been done years ago! Jerk! lol
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Don't expect too much out of Jose Calderon

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:02 am

If the Pistons cashed him out I would not be shocked. We really don't need this guy. All we need is his ending contract.

I think Will and B.K.7 along with Mr Combo guard Stuckey can deal with the PG position for the rest of this season.

And how about the EURO Kid!!!???? He looked really good tonight. It would not be A bad idea to play him and see what he can do behind Drummonds.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:35 am

Wise & Fly - While the trade went down in a way that I liked, it was you two that were so strong for the trade in concept! I think you guys deserve the lions share of the credit on this one! Good call bro's!!

Another shoe to drop? - I don't think you bring Calderon here and stick him with that crappy starting lineup! We need some floor spreading in that starting unit, and it could easily lose Singler and Maxiell.

Kravtsov looked GREAT last night, I was surprised at how athletic he was! He is a good lob candidate like Drummond, and he's active on both ends of the court. I can't believe that we have one superstar in waiting center, and another that looks more than serviceable to back him up, and neither is being played right(yet).

We may be getting close to that radical rethinking of the lineup that I wanted, but it may take Joe making one more move to seal the deal!

Good work Joe!!!

Great Article with 3 good links in it over at BB.com - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

This article reviews the winners and losers, not only of the teams, but of the players on the Pistons... a good read!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 am

Yes, we will miss Prince, but I think you should be VERY happy for him because he now has a shot at making a run for another ring.

Daye also has a chance to do well in a conference that doesn't play as much defense, but on the down side, he lands on a team that does like to play defense, but at least he has another shot!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Don't expect too much out of Jose Calderon

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:50 am

Phillip, I hear you! Having a great PG play with a bunch of brick layers it a tough way to go!

In Toronto he had shooters to dish to, that's why I believe that Joe needs to do more, and get either a more solid shooting guard, or get a SF!

I'm leaning towards a SF because if you have to choose between JJ or Singler, you're not going to be that competitive!

So we'll have to see how it plays out, but Joe's first move was a good one!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THE KITCHEN SINK

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 am

It's time to "blow the tubes" and go hard after Aldridge!!! We all got a taste of Kravtsov last night, and with where we are now, a player the caliber of LaMarcus Aldridge is what we need. We didn't want Harden, we don't want Josh Smith, WTF is wrong with Aldridge?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Hello/Goodbye

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am

Welcome Jose Calderon, finally a point guard, am ecstatic about this trade, we've fixed 3 positions with this move, we have a point guard. Singler gets to play the position he needs to play & the same with Knight, 3 problems solved & if you really look at it, we also don't have to go through anymore of watching Prince dribble 19 seconds out of the 24 shot clock & put up a Clanker & we'll not miss the Fake-Pump Show Stylings he puts us through every night. Good Riddance & About Time.

Princess, thank you for your service I really wish you Best Wishes for the rest of your career but this has been coming for quite a while & am glad it's finally here, now we can move on & go for the rest of this plan, moving ahead. Maxiell & Stuckey are next in line to be dealt with, Maxiell needs to come immediately out of the starting line up, that Gig is up for him, it's not working, it never will. Hopefully Joe works some more magic & gets rid of Stuckey & Maxiell.

Someody said earlier watch out for what you wish for, well I never wished for this to happen but since it did this makes me very encouraged & makes me want to give Dumars another chance, He showed some Kahunas tonight, he showed me he does care about this team & wants them to get better, now if he can follow up on a couple more moves.
This is a move in the right direction instead of standing still & staying stagnant, Kudo's Joe, I'm impressed, keep it up. Can't wait to see how much of an effect that Calderon has on this team. Go Pistons, I finally have a glimmer of hope.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 am

Oracle wrote:Wise & Fly - While the trade went down in a way that I liked, it was you two that were so strong for the trade in concept! I think you guys deserve the lions share of the credit on this one! Good call bro's!!

Another shoe to drop? - I don't think you bring Calderon here and stick him with that crappy starting lineup! We need some floor spreading in that starting unit, and it could easily lose Singler and Maxiell.

Kravtsov looked GREAT last night, I was surprised at how athletic he was! He is a good lob candidate like Drummond, and he's active on both ends of the court. I can't believe that we have one superstar in waiting center, and another that looks more than serviceable to back him up, and neither is being played right(yet).

We may be getting close to that radical rethinking of the lineup that I wanted, but it may take Joe making one more move to seal the deal!

Good work Joe!!!

Great Article with 3 good links in it over at BB.com - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

This article reviews the winners and losers, not only of the teams, but of the players on the Pistons... a good read!
Yes the other shoe should drop... Bynum will be desirable to most teams needing a difference maker off the bench.
Calderon is a little scary in that he could help win enough games to get us out of the lotto... however the cap created is a huge windfall this year and next... the talent exchange we see today means nothing compared to the potential of the space created (if Joe finally gets his **** together).
This could be nice.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:50 am

Why not take a SWAG at next year's roster...
C- Drummond, Monroe, Kravs
PF- Josh Smith, Monroe, CV (last year), JJ
SF- Chandler, Singler, JJ, Middleton
SG- Knight, English, Singler
PG- Collison, Burke, Knight
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty trade

Post  YAY Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:17 am

On Calderon, it is perfect for now. We know now that anytime the media says one thing that the opposite is most likely happening. I think that CV, Daye, and Prince have been played so they could trade them. Now that 2 are gone, we have CV as our stretch-big man and a new piece for PG. When was the last time Joe D didn't resign someone he traded for who was a previous all-star? I do believe this is a trial period, however, I think Joe D knows he can sign Calderon for a lot less this summer. I do believe that Stuckey is on his way out b/c Knight has the upside and Bynum has proven he is fine and very capable as the backup PG. Still wondering about English and where he fits in.

I would love Josh Smith or Aldridge. Either make sense to me. It would add depth. Singler as a backup to SG/SF and Monroe or Drummond as backup C/PF? That is depth.

Not sure if you see but Joe D is putting a lot of pieces together that are flexible. Many of the players are cross-trained in multiple positions. It is similar to the 3 guard rotation of the Bad Boys. As for 2004 group, RIP never really handled the ball much, but his best move was the catch and shoot after running around the floor followed by an exhausted opponent. Joe D wants to put a Microwave, Zeke and Joe D group back in place. Microwave = Bynum. Joe D/Zeke, do they equal Calderon/Knight? We all figured that Stuckey is NOT the one, but he IS a poor man's Billups...without the Big Shot capability.

YAY

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty I'm Proud Of You Joe........

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:25 am

Just relax..........let it go...........feel the flow.............

If I had a nickel for every time I said that..........
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty I'm Proud Of You Joe........

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 am

FlyDog wrote:Just relax..........let it go...........feel the flow.............

If I had a nickel for every time I said that..........

That should be SHOCKED!!!

The Detroit River can't hold the tears we've cried begging for a true point guard for this team, and BAM!!!!

Joe "Jelly Jam" Dumars heard us!!!

He heard us and delivered, at least stastically, a championship caliber PG, basically tied a the top of the league with Chris Paul for the best assist to turnover ratio, and everybody else is so far distant, it's a two man race for the top spot!

That my friends is a point guard!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Frank: Is that your arse burning?

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:38 am

Frank is officially on the hotest seat in town now, and it's sh!t or get off the coaches throne!

Frank siad he needed a great PG to make his offense work, well, now he's got his man!

Now we really get to prove whether or not Frank can make this team go when he had the tools he claimed he needed!

Sure it's an audition for Calderon, and I think he'll stick for two reasons. First, after being here he'll see the possibilities with Drummond, secondly, barring a sweet offer from a contender, Joe may get to sign him for slightly less because he's getting older(although PG's like him generally last longer).

But it's also an audition for Frank, and if he blows it, he'll likely not be welcome back next year.

It's getting interesting!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Merc

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 am

merc wrote:Why not take a SWAG at next year's roster...
C- Drummond, Monroe, Kravs
PF- Josh Smith, Monroe, CV (last year), JJ
SF- Chandler, Singler, JJ, Middleton
SG- Knight, English, Singler
PG- Collison, Burke, Knight

Yeah, I see you steared clear of Aldridge! While I would prefer him over Josh Smith, it's clear that Smith will be the easier to get!

I just don't like Smith's bball smarts AND his price tag, but I think we could deal with both if it puts us in solid contention!

So you think we can get Wilson Pickett, er., I mean Wilson Chandler off of Denver? Well, we do have a history of trading with those dudes, although they're probably the winner of those exchanges, lol.

I think Calderon could still be here, but Collison would be a good fit too, and more in line with our youth movement, not too young, but not too old!

One thing for sure, we'll be playing stinky finger with lineups for a good while!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty I will back off

Post  Grizz2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 am

Oracle wrote:Frank is officially on the hotest seat in town now, and it's sh!t or get off the coaches throne!

Frank siad he needed a great PG to make his offense work, well, now he's got his man!

Now we really get to prove whether or not Frank can make this team go when he had the tools he claimed he needed!

Sure it's an audition for Calderon, and I think he'll stick for two reasons. First, after being here he'll see the possibilities with Drummond, secondly, barring a sweet offer from a contender, Joe may get to sign him for slightly less because he's getting older(although PG's like him generally last longer).

But it's also an audition for Frank, and if he blows it, he'll likely not be welcome back next year.

It's getting interesting!!!

Oracle ... exactly .. and ... will be glad to back off and eat crow if Frank can put this team in order with an experienced PG ...

Right now .. there is not a single starter or back up position that has been established .. not one ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty THE MORNING AFTER

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 am

The last champion of the Detroit Pistons has left town; thank you for the memories, hard work, and community pride you contributed to instilling in all of us. The best of luck Mr. Tayshaun Prince.

We have a real pass first PG, and his assist to TO ratio is fantastic; what has that meant to Toronto? After signing that big ass contract, why was he benched? There are a lot of things that I don't know about Toronto, other than players seem to underachieve there (see Damon Stoudamire, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, and hopefully now, Jose Calderon).

What will the working relationship between Calderon and Lil' Larry be like? How will he be used? Will BK7 learn from Jose, as well as play with him? Will this be encouraged by the coaching staff? Is this the final stop, or a holdover on his way to someplace like Boston? I hope he stays, for the record.

Now that that's done, does Joe have what it takes to "cut bait" with his favorite Stuckey? Is there a place for Maxiell out there? Will Jerebko still be here after the deadline? How much better will the final product be, compared to where we started the year? Joe has surprised me, now it's time for him to amaze me!!

GO PISTONS!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Jose .. our new PG ...

Post  Grizz2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 am

DX .. you wanted to find out why the Raptors wanted to trade Calderon? I still really like the trade and think we can use the "purest of PGs" as he has been described .. either to help get the offense in flow .. and / or give BK7 some schooling .. but .. there is another side ...

QUOTE: Injuries have chased Jose to the bench and the shooting percentages have come down. He's been a sieve on defense, standing out even among bad defenders.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next