Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Phil-Good
cool breeze
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Oracle
deusXango
merc
lemonpen
WTF
Sparma
15 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Avery Johnson has a .500 record and gets canned with quickness. While Gores holds LF and Joe's dicks with tweezers and apologizes for it size.

Wise, I'm with you. If Avery Johnson can get fired with 14-14 Nets team that has a bunch of newly acquired parts that have yet to jell, then Gores should tell Joe to do what Prokhorov ordered Billy King to do to Avery.

And, Avery is a far better damn coach than L. Frank.

Gores get Joe on the phone, so that he can tell L. Frank to pack his bags. Then hire Zeke!

I like this idea Sebastian. But why not fire Dumars and hire Laimbeer as GM. Then let Bill hire Isiah to coach the team. This could be a great story that would for sure bring in a lot more fans at the Palace if Mr. Gores is reading this forum. People say but Isiah has failed now as a coach and GM. I think he was a good coach in Indiana and if he agreed to coach the Pistons his entire heart and soul would be in it and I believe he would make Knight an All Star. Wouldn't that be something bringing in Thomas to replace Frank. Two opposites for sure and I would bet on Zeke to make this team into something really good.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Changes are needed, no doubt ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:46 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Avery Johnson has a .500 record and gets canned with quickness. While Gores holds LF and Joe's dicks with tweezers and apologizes for it size.

Wise, I'm with you. If Avery Johnson can get fired with 14-14 Nets team that has a bunch of newly acquired parts that have yet to jell, then Gores should tell Joe to do what Prokhorov ordered Billy King to do to Avery.

And, Avery is a far better damn coach than L. Frank.

Gores get Joe on the phone, so that he can tell L. Frank to pack his bags. Then hire Zeke!

I like this idea Sebastian. But why not fire Dumars and hire Laimbeer as GM. Then let Bill hire Isiah to coach the team. This could be a great story that would for sure bring in a lot more fans at the Palace if Mr. Gores is reading this forum. People say but Isiah has failed now as a coach and GM. I think he was a good coach in Indiana and if he agreed to coach the Pistons his entire heart and soul would be in it and I believe he would make Knight an All Star. Wouldn't that be something bringing in Thomas to replace Frank. Two opposites for sure and I would bet on Zeke to make this team into something really good.

I am certain that if Zeke was to become the Head Coach, the following would happen:

1) Attendance would improve;
2) B. Knight and Stuckey would become repectively better, at the PG postion;
3) WE would win more games;
4) Drummond would start; and,
5) Jerebko and English would see the floor, far more than they have under L. Frank.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Drummond Fine With Limited Playing Time

Post  Sebastian Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:37 pm

In the article referenced, below, it appears that L. Frank and Joe may have hypnotized or brainwashed Drummond, with all of the company shit the kid is quoted to have stated, regarding his playing time. I wonder how Jerebko and English feel about their DNP-CDs.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Murph wrote:So I found a couple of articles on Smith's contract situation, and the articles make it sound as if there is a very remote possiblility of him coming to a team like the Pistons, in a sign and trade. Apparently, it benifits Smith to declare himself a FA and then resign with the Hawks.

From HoopsWorld:

"The NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement allows Smith to sign an extension that adds three years to his deal and it’s based off the value of his current contract, which is not a max level deal. If Josh waits until July and becomes an unrestricted free agent he can ink a max deal worth more than $100 million over five-years, similar to what Deron Williams signed in Brooklyn this summer.

The Hawks hold an advantage in a couple of areas; they can offer a five-year deal whereas any other team can offer only a four-year deal, they will have the cap space to add more talent around Smith and Atlanta is home for him."

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

True Murph Atanta has shits load of Cap Space come summer I swear that must have at least 10 expiring contacts this season. But the question is do Smith want to stay with the Hawks? and the only way we could get him is via a sign and trade. But no way he gets a max deal from Atlanta
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:29 pm

I think it's highly unlikely Smith gets a max deal... that town has been in danger of losing the team... the only exception would be if they went to the finals... this would force the GM's hand.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Draft boards for 2013 draft

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:01 pm

I find it interesting to view the experts picks so far this season. NBADRAFTNET has as many as two players from U of Michigan going in the first round with 2 others in the 2nd round. That is crazy but it seems that many GMs just read this stuff and make their picks based on very few facts. I don't see where any of the players from Michigan are really good defenders. You need to be able to play at least average defense and have the concepts down before you will see the floor on most teams. I know that in the past, Joe Dumars was not interesting in how college players played defense as per Rodney White. Darko never had the concepts down but of course he was only 17 when our leader decided to use the 2nd overall pick on that bust. Darko should have not made the 2nd round that year. Michigan is high in the polls at 2nd with Duke first and Arizona in 3rd place. I am glad nobody has noticed the Arizona freshman big men yet. They for sure are not ready to play in the NBA yet but my guess is that all three will play in that league some day soon. My drark horse as perhaps one of the best college players who in another college season will be so good that he should go in the first 5 picks is nick Johnson. If you watched his defensive play on the San Diego State player at the end of the game where he came out of nowhere to block what would have been the winning shot reminded me of Prince's block in the playoffs his rookie season. Johnson can can jump over 50 inches and he is the best defender on his team right now. He stays in front of his opponent and denies dribble penetration like no current Piston player. Johnson is a gym rat who has improved 80% through hard work in this past off season. His basketball IQ is off the charts and his motor is incredible. It is amazing how much better gifted college players can become if they just stay one more season after their freshman year. I wish the NBA would require new draft prospects to stay in college for at least 2 seasons. Then we NBA fans would see better quality games. Only because I watch basketball in the West at the college level so much do I comment on players that many of you never see play ball. I dark horse for this year's draft is Solomon Hill who is a senior at Arizona. He is 6 foot 7 inches tall and has cut his weight down 20 to 25 lbs so he could be quicker moving to small forward. He did the opposite when he was forced to play power forward for the past three seasons. Hill was a point guard in high school. why I believe he can fit in and play right away in the NBA is the fact that Hill has quick feet and plays great defense against anyone. He is a strong rebounder, has really improved his outside shooting and can drive well in traffic. This guy is really strong and seems to always make the big play at the end of games. Hill was MVP in the Hawaii tournament this past weekend. Right now Hill is listed as a 2nd rounder in most draft boards. Some lucky smart team will get a real gem in Solomon Hill. Right now I see a lot of extremely weak defensive players getting a lot of press. I hope Dumars is watching some college ball and gets it right again this summer.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Think about this for a moment ..

Post  Grizz2 Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Just dont want this to slide away unnoticed .. Lawrence Frank let the group of Drummond, Daye, Stuckey, Bynum, and CV play over 26 minutes without a substitution ... from near the end of the 3rd quarter on . through the entire 4th .. and then the 2 OTs ...

Granted they earned the right to determine the game because they brought us back but .. Does that give you an inkling of how stubborn and dogmatic and dumb our head coach is .. .Would any of us want the starters to play an entire half without a substitution? (OK... granted there were breaks between the OTs) Meanwhile the opposing coach did substitute based on resting needs and match ups and strategy..

Plenty of props to Drummond, Daye, Stuckey, Bynum, and CV for their efforts and they deserved to win the game as a reward .. but Frank is plumb dumb .. and should be fired ASAP ... I think it also shows his insecurity and wack sense of punishing and rewarding players ..

Dont think this helped the starters feel good about themselves either .. The head coach just proclaimed he doesnt have faith in them and blames them for falling behind because he would NOT put them back into the game .. when really .. Frank's system is just as much to blame as anything else .. this is not how you build team unity ..

Last edited by Grizz2 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Grizz2 wrote:Just dont want this to slide away unnoticed .. Lawrence Frank let the group of Drummond, Daye, Stuckey, Bynum, and CV play over 26 minutes without a substitution ... from near the end of the 3rd quarter on . through the entire 4th .. and then the 2 OTs ...

Granted they earned the right to determine the game because they brought us back but .. Does that give you an inkling of stubborn and dogmatic and dumb our head coach is .. .Would any of us want the starters to play an entire half without a substitution? (OK... granted there were breaks between the OTs) Meanwhile the opposing coach did substitute based on resting needs and match ups and stratgy..

Plenty of props to Drummond, Daye, Stuckey, Bynum, and CV for their efforts and they deserved to win the game as a reward .. but Frank is plumb dumb .. and should be fired ASAP ... I think it also shows his insecurity and wack sense of punishing and rewarding players ..

Dont think this helped the starters feel good about themselves either .. The head coach just proclaimed he doesnt have faith in them and blames them for falling behind because he would NOT put them back into the game .. when really .. Frank's system is just as much to blame as anything else .. this is not how you build team unity ..

Right on Grizz. Frank only substituted with Prince when Stuckey turned his ankle. Charlie V was playing Kung Fu Fighter on defense using his arms instead of his feet as usual. Like I said in an earlier post, this comeback occurred because the other team had had stopped playing and were thinking about the party they were going to after the game. Frank sure made his point with the starters.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Miami Heat coming to the Palace. Will the Heat intentionally fake it until crunch time again????

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:04 pm

The way the Heat have been playing the scrub teams at times smells of tinkering by the front office. Do any of you believe that Miami has been told to intentionally keep the games close on away games when playing teams that have attendance problems? David Stern approved the signing of the big three and any other All Star who wants to sign to play with Labron. Everyone really knows that most NBA teams have no chance to win a game against Miami. As the NBA is all about show business, maybe there will be some drama at the Palace and The Heat will let Bynum score 30 points again. Maybe Charlie V will block one of Labron's shot attempts. Maybe Stuckey will be allowed to get into the paint. Of course then with 3 minutes to play, Miami will score just enough points to win the game. WOW! Line up for those tickets now. How much does it cost to throw the baseball at the target which will knock the clown into the water tank? How many fouls have been called on Labron this season so far? People have been keeping track of that stat Mr. Stern.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty What Up?

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 pm

High.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty De.......Wayne Waaaaaaaaade

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Crybaby nut punching homo.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 pm

cool breeze wrote:The way the Heat have been playing the scrub teams at times smells of tinkering by the front office. Do any of you believe that Miami has been told to intentionally keep the games close on away games when playing teams that have attendance problems? David Stern approved the signing of the big three and any other All Star who wants to sign to play with Labron. Everyone really knows that most NBA teams have no chance to win a game against Miami. As the NBA is all about show business, maybe there will be some drama at the Palace and The Heat will let Bynum score 30 points again. Maybe Charlie V will block one of Labron's shot attempts. Maybe Stuckey will be allowed to get into the paint. Of course then with 3 minutes to play, Miami will score just enough points to win the game. WOW! Line up for those tickets now. How much does it cost to throw the baseball at the target which will knock the clown into the water tank? How many fouls have been called on Labron this season so far? People have been keeping track of that stat Mr. Stern.

Does Stone Cold Steve Austin win every match in 2 minutes?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty To: FLIP

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Seasons Greetings and a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year! Thanks for the gift of this forum for the past year...it's been a hoot. Very Happy
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty What Up?

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 pm

The prodigal returns to the fold; missed ya' Fly Dog. What up, you high?
Seriously (?), I've missed your humorous insights so, stick and stay.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Deus and a Quarter

Post  FlyDog Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 am

Howdy do? Man....I declined the NBA League Pass this year. I got the 1st week on a free preview, and decided that I would decline. We still suck. Money ain't falling into my lap like it used to, and I can't justify $189 for garbage ball.

Fire Joe.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Hey Fly Dog .. just thinking about you the other day ..

Post  Grizz2 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:20 am

FlyDog wrote:Howdy do? Man....I declined the NBA League Pass this year. I got the 1st week on a free preview, and decided that I would decline. We still suck. Money ain't falling into my lap like it used to, and I can't justify $189 for garbage ball.

Fire Joe.

.. and what you might say if you were here .. Amen bro!!! clap

Actually . I am more into firing Frank than Joe these days but .. lol
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Forgot about the injury ..

Post  Grizz2 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 am

cool breeze wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:Just dont want this to slide away unnoticed .. Lawrence Frank let the group of Drummond, Daye, Stuckey, Bynum, and CV play over 26 minutes without a substitution ... from near the end of the 3rd quarter on . through the entire 4th .. and then the 2 OTs ...

Granted they earned the right to determine the game because they brought us back but .. Does that give you an inkling of stubborn and dogmatic and dumb our head coach is .. .Would any of us want the starters to play an entire half without a substitution? (OK... granted there were breaks between the OTs) Meanwhile the opposing coach did substitute based on resting needs and match ups and stratgy..

Right on Grizz. Frank only substituted with Prince when Stuckey turned his ankle. Charlie V was playing Kung Fu Fighter on defense using his arms instead of his feet as usual. Like I said in an earlier post, this comeback occurred because the other team had had stopped playing and were thinking about the party they were going to after the game. Frank sure made his point with the starters.

Cool Breeze .. forgot about the injury to Stuckey .. Thanks for pointig that out .. while glad to see Stuckey was OK .. hated the fact that no subs were made .. at all .. except for injury . Is that Wack or what? It was a very exciting game but the head coach needs to be able to make decent not dum dum moves ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Seconding that ..

Post  Grizz2 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:25 am

deusXango wrote:Seasons Greetings and a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year! Thanks for the gift of this forum for the past year...it's been a hoot. Very Happy

Thanks DX ... same to you and to all our good members ..

Flip .. we need more emoticons and a picture of Frank would be great ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty This is not a man .. never really was, is nor will be .. a champion except by crapping all over the rules

Post  Grizz2 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade has been suspended one game without pay by the NBA for flailing his leg and making contact with the groin of Charlotte Bobcats' Ramon Sessions.

The suspension was announced Thursday by Stu Jackson, the NBA's executive vice-president for basketball operations.

The incident happened with 8:12 left in the fourth quarter of the Heat's 105-92 victory over the Bobcats on Wednesday night. Sessions was called for a foul on the play.

Wade will serve the suspension Friday night when the Heat visit the Detroit Pistons

Last edited by Grizz2 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 am

Grizz2 wrote:
FlyDog wrote:Howdy do? Man....I declined the NBA League Pass this year. I got the 1st week on a free preview, and decided that I would decline. We still suck. Money ain't falling into my lap like it used to, and I can't justify $189 for garbage ball.

Fire Joe.

.. and what you might say if you were here .. Amen bro!!! clap

Actually . I am more into firing Frank than Joe these days but .. lol

They can both suck a d#ck.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:38 am

Whasup Fly?
Good to see ya around... Summer hibernation?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Oh Hell Yeay....

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:23 am

It's on NOW!!!

FlyDog of the Cape(or Crap, depending on your orientation) is BACK!!!

Hey Fly, to Loser Corner! on one end I present to you your Detroit Lions... Losers for no good reason(other than didn't fire coach).

In the other corner I present the Detroit Pistons... Losers for good reasons(but still can't fire their coach)!

If the Nets can get rid of a delusional Napoleanic complex coach, why can't we get rid of a midget lol!

Well, I'm not actually calling for Franks head... yet, but I do know that by next season, I hope to see the door hit him where the dog bit him and the good lord split him!

Anyway, with you back, maybe we'll see the return of Flip, hell, maybe the effing Mayans might bring back some of that gloomy talk!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 am

Ok, I see what you're talking about!

I admit that Bynum gets full of himself pretty quickly.

Talk about not knowing when your stuf stanks lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty BTW

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:29 am

Who changed our Feed ticker on the right?

I swear Flip is out there lurking!

He Flip, do you like to WATCH.... lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:39 am

Oracle wrote:Who changed our Feed ticker on the right?

I swear Flip is out there lurking!

He Flip, do you like to WATCH.... lol!

I emailed Flip a couple weeks ago searching for this link........he finally responded last night. Said he didn't check that email account too often. He said he rarely checks in here, and that a friend of his is actually running the site.

We agreed that this team blows. Until the stinky stench of Stunk, Princess and Joe blows away, we will continue to suck......imo.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next