Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Alright Who Took My Sandwiches?

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:50 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Lawrence, you see who took my sandwiches & jelly-filled? Hey Joe. can we get a center soon? Im working on it Lawrence, Im still on the phones.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty We're Looking for Joe Dumars & Maxi-Pads

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:54 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Where are they, we promise to bring them back? Also looking for No D, Charley V & Rodney Stuckey.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty This is for the Geezers

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:59 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] What up Fella's? Just relaxing, having a Bud, True, True, any of you got a cigarette for a Lady?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Murph Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:03 am

WISEFAN wrote:Lean playing time
(Frank) said he doesn't do that to embarrass anyone, but for every player to hold each other accountable.

"I don't believe in a lot of closed door meetings," Frank said. "When you have a brotherhood, you handle things in the circle. It's just being honest and good - Detnews

Tweet Tweet

"honest and good"??? Man...what does that bald headed migget, Lil Larry Frank, know about handling players??? That little squirt just lost 20 games in a row. I'LL tell y'all how to handle players. First, you mess with their minutes. Then you bench them a time or two down the stretch, just to throw them off balance. Then when they complain, you bench them for 23 games in a row, without any explaination whatsoever. Then you leak stories to the local media morons, like my best bud Vince Goodwill, about how they are bad people, bad teammates, have bad attitudes, and are a bad disruption in the lockerroom. Then above all, you try to embarrass and belittle them to the public, any chance you get. Yeah...now THAT'S how ya handle players.

Do you Detroit losers miss me yet???

John "Q-Ball" Kuester (The man with the plan)

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Hey Guys, What Up? Just Checkin' In to See What Your Doing

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:03 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Me & Sissy going downtown, yall welcome to come, signing off, have a good one fella's.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Hey Murph, Lawrence Here, See Me & Joe Got This Plan

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] We think we can make it through another season without any bigs whatsoever, the plan is to have No D Charley V lose the extra 40 lbs. he put on, get him in shape, teach him to play D & using him, Maxi & Ben all year will get us the first choice in the draft, I know a lot of you are skeptical about Joe chosing 1st thinking maybe he'll pick another Mateen Cleaves or Rodney White but Im working with him & we're thinking someone along the lines of Kelly Tripucka, don't worry we're on the same page, Man, he's a pretty Big Guy isn't he?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Tweet Tweet

Post  Murph Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:24 am

Huh??? Man...whatchall talin' 'bout me losing 40 lbs??? Have you foolz lost yur minds??? I got news for u fools, Charlie don't lose no 40 pounds, and Charlie don't get in shape. And how many time do I gotta tell u chumps...CHARLIE DON'T PLAY NO D!!! Got it?

Man...I'd rather sit the bench than play D. At least on da bench, me and my BFF, Autin Daye, can tweet to y'all and keep u up on our exciting careerz.

Charlie "Da Bomb" Villanuava

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:33 am

Um...excuse me, Mr. Dumars, but could I have a moment of your time? Um, lately, I'm not all that pleased about my playing time. It seems as if I'm not getting as many minutes as I use to. Is there a specific reason for that? I spoke with my Best Forever Friend, Charles Villanuava, and he said that as long as I just (let's see, how did he put it)...as long as I just "shoot da long bomb", I don't have to put forth an effort on defense. But now I find out from our new Head Coach, Mr. Lawrence Frank, that he would like me to exert myself on defense. I'm confused, Mr. Dumars. Could you please address my concerns?

(And while I'm waiting for an explaination, I'll just send out a few quick tweets.)

Thank you for your time,

Austin Darren Daye, Esq.

Last edited by Murph on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:52 am; edited 3 times in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:43 am

Yeah Sharley itz yo boy Kwamster in da houze fizizzo my nizzo on werking out and playin d. They say my game gotten better and they make me put this sticky stuff on my handz all da time. Sorry I haven't had time to play Call Of Mortal Komat Battlefield Modern Warefare 3 online with you and Ahhstin yet.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah Kwamz...that Call To Mortal Kombat Duty Battlefield Grand Theft Halo 3 is my favrite to.

Yur BFF,

Meerz

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty We Can Wish All The WaY To Trade Deadline

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 am

WISEFAN wrote:And Fat Ass won't pull the trigger on any deal that will improve this team and what do the local media clowns do? They make excuses!

The last 2 seasons it was Karen Davidson tying his Fat Little Hands, this year they already started with Joe not having the pieces to make a deal. That was the last three years but we can go further back than that and say that the last meaningful trade was the one that landed us Sheed and that was gifted to us by Stern and with the help of LB.

Trading Stackhouse for Rip was simply a salary dump that happen to work out for us, there was nothing ever strategic amout that move other than to reduce salaries. The sign and trade Grant Hill for Big Ben and Chucky get real and boy did he screw up the CB for AI money.

Any success this team has had was all accidental, but many of you keep thinking Fat Joe has a brain to pull off some meaningful trade.

The damnedest thing is, hurt and injured, undistinguished players are being included in trades that we should've been involved in, yet no mention of our interest or attempts to become active in the trade process; what school of journalism did these local clowns go to?! Where is the long established character of the 5th estate? Why don't the local sports reporters ask the hard questions, or do expose' on what's happening behind closed doors at the Palace? I mean we're not talking about national security threats here! I give Langlois a pass because he works for the Pistons, but the others? T.V., radio, DetNews, "Free Press," they're all in lock step with acting as a hype machine for Joe Dumars decision making and inaction. Pitiful. Did you hear that nonsense he spouted last night? It was right up there with Scott Perry selling Damien Wilkins as the best thing to come along since white bread (based on his experience with him in Seattle.....6 teams ago in the last 4 years)!

Hey Wise, did you see how empty the Palace was last night? Things keep going as they are we won't need Rett to post a picture on here, we'll get to see her on T.V. The lone fan going into hysterics when the Pistons go on a 6 pt. run.......still down by 25!

If Joe doesn't get a big man (and keep our first pick) and demand that Frank play the young'uns the villagers should storm the Palace with pitchforks and torches in hand demanding Gores throw Dumars fat ass from the tower. Good morning y'all.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty It's OK. It'll be OK

Post  OBM Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:33 pm

...and the voice of "tell that b!tch to chill!" (in Sam Jackson Pulp Fiction voice) is back.

The rebuilding has just began.

Very little pre-season with a new coach. Jerebko is coming off a year long lay-off and serious injury. BG is coming out of a two year coma. Stuckey missed all the of the pre-season. Tay is hurt. You got a new coach who had limited time and has limited breaks between games to work on fundamentals of his system.

The team has holes. This season will suck. This draft is deep in the lottery. If there is any season to sit back and suck, let it be this F'd up shortened season. Not interested in the Pistons filling holes to be the nobodies who get clowned in the first round by the Heat and their trustee partners, the refs. Being a first round late lottery pick will garner as much pride as the clown who'd get into the ring against the Ultimate Warrior on Saturday morning wrestling only to get dropped in 10 seconds or less.

Knight is being developed correctly. It's the way Stuckey should've been developed. He comes off the bench and can play starter minutes when he's good and goes back to the bench when he's dribbling off his foot. He's not a Superstar. As a point guard, he's a project much like Stuckey was. And if you are going to develop a project, you don't give them free reign to go out there and load up on loser stats the way Stuckey did as a 2nd year player. I'm convinced that had Chauncy stayed and Stuckey played on the same leash that Knight currently is on, he'd be better off today.

There are at least 4 big men who'd be a significant boost defensively in the 2012 draft. Pistons shouldn't F up their shots at them unless they are getting a long term answer at big (and to me that doesn't include the slow, over 30 Kaman).

"What's Fonzy like!"

That right. So we're gonna be like Fonzy's and just chill.

OBM

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty COME IN OUT THE COLD

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Welllll if it ain't One Bad Motherf@#%&r! Good to read your insightful posting again. Glad you found the site. Now stop being a guest and join up.....the group has missed 'ya.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty IT'S THE O TO THE B TO THE M

Post  WTF Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:07 pm

I bet you've found us weeks ago and just decided to slip in a post. Come on in Alfalfa the gang is mostly all here.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty We Can Wish All The WaY To Trade Deadline

Post  WTF Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Hey thought Rett was the only one fan at the Palace last night everyone else there were tired concession personel and tired Palace employees.

They are not going to draw the fans attention with Tay, Big Ben, and JMax getting the bulk of PT carrying this sub .500 team. and the fans won't come watch them if they were above .500. This team needed a total cleansing of all things yesterday.

I did laugh at Vince Ellis article on Rip now that he wants to address what the real issue was last season with Rip. Most of Rip's beef was with Fat Joe which is why Fat Man stayed quiet all last season.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Speed Typing)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty It's Ok

Post  merc Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:44 pm

What's up OBM... good to see your voice of reason on the board...
True we should keep the eye on the prize... winning is much less important than youth development... let's get those mistakes out of the way... play the kids that will be here when we're finally ready to compete.
So far the discipline & effort level is significantly better than last year (no coincidence that CV has been parked).
Goals for a successful year...
* Increase Knights PT with the long term pieces to build a cohesive unit
* Move CV for an expiring deal
* Continue to evolve Monroe's repertoire
* Find out if Macklin is worthy of a roster spot
* Build up BG's trade value... and move him this year
* Final decision on Daye
* Come out of the year with a full understanding of roles and the system
* Reward effort ... penalize lack of concentration & laziness
* Lose games due to lack of talent but not effort.
* No draft mistakes

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Kwame Brown "Draft" Spoof

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Pistons Fans, you'll have got to checkout this "Draft" spoof, involviong Kwame Brown.

It is pretty humurous.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Absence of Trades and Charlie V

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 pm

If Tiger GM, Dave Dombrowski, had not made a trade in over three years there would be a media clamor to fire him. I guess Joe Dumars gets a free pass because of the 2004 championship.

I am surprised by Charlie’s lack of playing time. He has played five minutes and thirty-one seconds total in the last two games. He might be the highest paid bench warmer or 12th man in the league.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty G-Mon

Post  Murph Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:28 pm

So among NBA centers, Monroe is currently 3rd in scoring, 4th in FG%, 3rd in assists, 7th in rebounds, and 6th in double-doubles.

Furthermore, IMO it won't be long before Monroe is averaging a double-double. And by the end of the season, it's entirely possible that Monroe will register a triple-double (he led the team in assists last night with 5).

My point is that statisically speaking, Monroe is currently the 2nd best center in the NBA, behind Dwight Howard.

That's some pretty rarified astmosphere.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty welcome back, obm...

Post  frankied Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:29 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I bet you've found us weeks ago and just decided to slip in a post. Come on in Alfalfa the gang is mostly all here.
great to see you here.
i know we'll agree and disagree, sometimes vehemently, but it's nice to see you around.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty gordon or rip...

Post  frankied Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:37 pm

after watching gordon play a few good games, and one bad game last night and then watching rip play last night, you have to wonder how the heck joe d ever imagined that he could replace rip with gordon.
even when gordon plays well, he hurts your team because his shots usually result from bad offense. he is horribly inefficient. the only real difference between his good games and his bad games is that his wild shots go in when he has his good games, and they clank off the rim when he has bad games.
and he's going to make a bunch of boneheaded plays, bad passes and play matador defense.
rip, on the other hand, played his typically efficient, within the flow of the offense, game. 14 points on 9 shots with a bunch of assists, rebounds and good defense on several pistons' guards.
rip is a legitimate shooting guard, an all-star level shooting guard, while gordon is a streak shooting bench player, who can be a valuable asset on a good team playing for a title. but no way, no how, is he a starting guard on any team, especially any team that aspires to win a title.
it makes you wonder what the heck joe d was thinking when he put into motion the series of events that ultimately led to rip leaving the team.
which player would you rather have?
rip or gordon?
imho, last night made that answer crystal clear.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty gordon or rip...

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 pm

frankied wrote:after watching gordon play a few good games, and one bad game last night and then watching rip play last night, you have to wonder how the heck joe d ever imagined that he could replace rip with gordon.
even when gordon plays well, he hurts your team because his shots usually result from bad offense. he is horribly inefficient. the only real difference between his good games and his bad games is that his wild shots go in when he has his good games, and they clank off the rim when he has bad games.
and he's going to make a bunch of boneheaded plays, bad passes and play matador defense.
rip, on the other hand, played his typically efficient, within the flow of the offense, game. 14 points on 9 shots with a bunch of assists, rebounds and good defense on several pistons' guards.
rip is a legitimate shooting guard, an all-star level shooting guard, while gordon is a streak shooting bench player, who can be a valuable asset on a good team playing for a title. but no way, no how, is he a starting guard on any team, especially any team that aspires to win a title.
it makes you wonder what the heck joe d was thinking when he put into motion the series of events that ultimately led to rip leaving the team.
which player would you rather have?
rip or gordon?
imho, last night made that answer crystal clear.

Yeah, frankied, I would much rather WE had kept Rip. He's a bigger guard and his contract was less taxing to OUR salary cap. Pretty simple choice for us sane thinkers, but Joe ... well he seems to think ass-backwards on practically every decision that has to be made. Damn you, Joe!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Paul Westphal fired after 2-5 start

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Keith Smart, former Golden State coach will take over the Head Coaching duties. So, this will keep Cousins in Sacramento, at least until the end of the season.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:20 pm

merc wrote:What's up OBM... good to see your voice of reason on the board...
True we should keep the eye on the prize... winning is much less important than youth development... let's get those mistakes out of the way... play the kids that will be here when we're finally ready to compete.
So far the discipline & effort level is significantly better than last year (no coincidence that CV has been parked).
Goals for a successful year...
* Increase Knights PT with the long term pieces to build a cohesive unit
* Move CV for an expiring deal
* Continue to evolve Monroe's repertoire
* Find out if Macklin is worthy of a roster spot
* Build up BG's trade value... and move him this year
* Final decision on Daye
* Come out of the year with a full understanding of roles and the system
* Reward effort ... penalize lack of concentration & laziness
* Lose games due to lack of talent but not effort.
* No draft mistakes

Brilliant Merc! Nothing else needs saying.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Rip blames Joe in not so many words...

Post  Flip Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Rip's awkward silence in the last 10 sec of the interview, when asked how is his relationship with Joe, speaks volumes on who he blames for the mess the last few years.

I guess we wont be seeing Rips jersey up in the rafters as long as Joe's still here, lol.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next