Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty starting knight....

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Grizz wrote:a point guard ... there is no fire and no focus .. He doesnt even have the confidence .. which you really need .. Bynum is in because Frank is searching for better play ... I wish they would put Knight in as starter because Knight is the one to develop and the longer they, Frank and Dumars wait on this, the less Knight will develop ..
the main reason to start knight is to get him accustomed to playing with guys like JJ and monroe who will be his teammates in future years. what happens now is that he comes in and plays with the second stringers, which hampers his development and definitely does not allow him to get used to the other starters.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty The Laws of Probability

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:59 pm

The social movement has convinced people to put a lot of their information online.

All I have to say is don't fall for this, but if you're already doing it, you probably don't recognize the problem, or are willing to take the risk, or don't give a flying crap.

Either way, having worked in the defense industry, the words to live by are... Need To Know!

The laws of life are... Don't do ANYTHING you don't have to do!

Don't expose your kids, don't expose your medical information, don't disclose your GPS location, in short keep your exposed profile to a MINIMUM!

None of this will protect you from the true professionals, but it will make them work for their money. However, it will protect you and your family from the amateurs.

Why worry? Because you simply don't know what will happen and when, but you do know that exposing information for no good reason has no real value.

You know that there is a probability of getting hit crossing a street. If you cross the same street x number of times, the probability goes up. You don't fear crossing the street, but you don't cross it just for fun, but only when you have to.

Always play the percentages!

Just a few thoughts, now go back to doing whatever you were doing.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Frankied: Plus They Said that Wright Might Be Able

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 pm

frankied wrote:
Grizz wrote:a point guard ... there is no fire and no focus .. He doesnt even have the confidence .. which you really need .. Bynum is in because Frank is searching for better play ... I wish they would put Knight in as starter because Knight is the one to develop and the longer they, Frank and Dumars wait on this, the less Knight will develop ..
the main reason to start knight is to get him accustomed to playing with guys like JJ and monroe who will be his teammates in future years. what happens now is that he comes in and plays with the second stringers, which hampers his development and definitely does not allow him to get used to the other starters.
. To get Gordon more shots, see all along we wanted to have Stuck come off the bench, let him be what he is, a great asset coming off the bench instead of force-feeding someone who's not equipped with that kind of talent. Come on Brandon, I believe he's gonna soak this stuff up & be what we've missed since Isiah, hopefully.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Law of Probability

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Oracle wrote:The social movement has convinced people to put a lot of their information online.

All I have to say is don't fall for this, but if you're already doing it, you probably don't recognize the problem, or are willing to take the risk, or don't give a flying crap.

Either way, having worked in the defense industry, the words to live by are... Need To Know!

Don't expose your kids, don't expose your medical information, don't disclose your GPS location, in short keep your exposed profile to a MINIMUM! Your TV will now go back to regular programming, Wow I was in a Daze for a moment, Great Info though.

None of this will protect you from the true professionals, but it will make them work for their money. However, it will protect you and your family from the amateurs.

Why worry? Because you simply don't know what will happen and when, but you do know that exposing information for no good reason has no real value.

You know that there is a probability of getting hit crossing a street. If you cross the same street x number of times, the probability goes up. You don't fear crossing the street, but you don't cross it just for fun, but only when you have to.

Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:
Oracle wrote:The social movement has convinced people to put a lot of their information online.

Don't expose your kids, don't expose your medical information, don't disclose your GPS location, in short keep your exposed profile to a MINIMUM!

Your TV will now go back to regular programming. Wow, I was in a Daze there for a moment, what happened?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty no daye....

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:28 pm

stuckey hurt...wilkins plays instead of daye.
that sucks.
typical pistons handling of young guys.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty no home court calls...ever

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 pm

the pistons never get home court calls.
ever.
it is like they play an entire season on the road, as far as refs are concerned.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty tay can't help with a press because of his injury...

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 pm

the last few minutes, while the team has tried to trap and press, tay has not helped. in fact, he has hurt, because he hasn't been able to help when his teammates had someone trapped. they've had an outlet because tay couldn't get out far enough.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty no daye...

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:15 pm

frankied wrote:stuckey hurt...wilkins plays instead of daye.
that sucks.
typical pistons handling of young guys.

Exactly!

I don't get it, but we'll see where they're going with this.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty I never expected a win, but...

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm

The unforced errors were a killer!

Every time they closed the gap, oops... turnover of the third kind(other worldly)!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty the refs hurt too...

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Oracle wrote:The unforced errors were a killer!

Every time they closed the gap, oops... turnover of the third kind(other worldly)!
that is what kills me.
everytime they got within striking distance something happened.
ben gordon had a stretch where he had a couple of horrible shots, the turnover from the out of bounds play and then the flagrant foul on noah, where he costs the team plenty. it also showed that when he is not hitting his shot, he is really more of a detriment, than a help to the team.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:02 am

pale
WISEFAN wrote:Oh the joy of a forum Razz I didn't see this debate coming. Humor is good and return laughter is even better JMHO. Honestly I don't just want to be stuck to reading the redundacies of stats, and debating trades that may never happen, but everyone's personality shows just a little in how we post our opinions about various thing basketball and non basketball and I enjoy that. It brings us all a little closer and we don't feel like we're posting to a stranger.

I was cracking up at the photos by Sissy last night, but I don't think DX was really taking a jab at you Sissy, but glad to see the olive branches nonetheless lol!

I'm sure there will be a time when the dreaded subjects of politics, race and religion are inter-jected into our baskball talk or maybe not since Rebuild hasn't found us yet cheers but lets just keep laughing.
Wise: yep fun & games is what keeps me laughing too, I got to thinking he was pulling my leg so I pulled back, no Biggy whatsoever, now we know where our boundaries are so let's have fun with it. Speaking of politics you got any? Ha! I realy don't mind talking about anything, I worked in a bar for 14 years as a Dj so I've heard it all, politics, race, religion, the whole gauntlet of conversations, Ive had, to deal with people coming up drunk wanting to sing Karaoke or wanting to hear a certain song, ya know I like rock so don't play that schitt, I wanna hear Rock & Roll, of course if they did get out of hand we had certain ways to get them to go somewhere else but overall I had a ball doing that. Peoples opinions were as you mentioned, they don't want to talk about any of those, that's all fine, it's a whatever for me, I can talk about all of them & give the respect of at least listening to what they have to say or respect that they don't want to talk about certain things, but I'm just glad I'm not that way. To me it's just Pick a Subject, doesn't really matter. Hey now? Pistons looked like crap tonight, how long must we wait without hope Joe?. Seeing him on the interview with him made me a little nautious, listening to him moving his lips but nothing good coming out of them, he might be over his head, he's got to do something soon to get this team on course to at least being competitive.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Three-Way Sixers, Grizzlies, Hornets Trade Official

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:55 am

Other teams are making deals, while WE trot out the same inferior group of players.

How does Joe expect OUR squad to compete with a cast of insufficient players for the remaining, compressed 60 games?

Do something Joe! Here are a few suggestions:

1- Move Maxey and the rights to Kyle Singler to the Rockets for Terrence Williams Thabeet.

2- Move Austin Daye and OUR 2012 1st round pick to the Wizards for JaVele McGee.

3- Move Ben G. to T-wolves for Michael Beasley.

See the proposed trade - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Then WE roll with the following line-up:

PG- Knight/Will B.
SG- T. Wlliams/Stuckey*
SF- Michael Beasley/Jerebko**/Tay***
PF- Monroe/Charlie V.
C- JaVele McGee/Thabeet/Big Ben/Macklin

*Stuckey will now become the 6th man. He can relieve Knight and Nick Young. He can now become an unshackled big guard, who will have the green light to play aggressively.
**Jerebko can become a key role player off of the bench, providing minutes at the "3" and "4".
***Place Tay on the IR, so that by trade deadline, he will be of some value to a contender.

Note: the above roster is a much better defense team that would be better able to execute the defensive principles Franks is trying to coach.

Bottom line, Joe has got to do something with this current roster, because there isn't any way in Hell this team is going to last through the remaining 60 games.

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty LAID LOW BY A ONE-LINER

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:10 am

Isn't it amazing what can be exposed by speaking a simple truth? Truth. Nothing goes under the skin of the weak like it. Here's a simple truth:
"Joe must go, Laimbeer should be here." I feel like you can dig it Wise. You never look at just the picture in the picture, but you view the whole picture!

@Oracle: I understand exactly where you're coming from and your message of concern is not wasted on me. The laws of probabilityare the quantum physics principals of human nature. On my block we call it "expecting the unexpected." When you talk of personal safety and protection of loved ones I would be unwise to ignore what you're saying or make light of it. Behind that quick wit and biting humor there's a bright mind working. Keep it up 'Bro.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 am

Damn the party's over... and here we were feelin' all warm and fuzzy about the new/old look Pistons... well the sun has to shine on every dirty dogs ass once in a while b4 they go back to suckin' hind titties.
Our center had the most assists for the night (5)... this might be a clue about the "me first" mindset this evening.

Oracle, nice post bro... recently heard that you have 3 times more chance of getting in a car wreck going to buy lotto tickets than actually winning the lotto....
btw I want folks to know where I am at all times... keeps em honest :pirat:

Sissy, the new forum has brought out the best in you my man... sure that's me just DJin' another wedding... I try to keep all our DJs spinnin' ⭐
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Three-Way Sixers, Grizzlies, Hornets Trade Official

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:55 am

What up, Sebastian? I've fallen behind in the NBA current news so thanks for the update. Yeah, teams are trying to improve and Joe's standing pat. Who can figure? You came up with some great scenarios and I like #1 where we trade "no value for no value" and come out on top. I've got a problem with #2 however; even though we're "clown dumping" giving up a first round pick is just too much. I've never been able to understand the logic of moving back in a draft or giving up first rounders on gambles if you've sucked your way to the top. The key to obtaining McGee is we must take Blatche in the deal....that's the Wizards "clown dump." Did you know that Milsap is playing on a Maxiell like $5 million a year contract? $5 vs $11.5 million? Don't think Utah would do it, plus when word got out that Joe suggested that, what credibility he has is shot! I like relagating Stuckey to the 6th man role and placing Prince on IR until we can maybe turn him into another first rounder is genius.

WHAT???!!!!! Marresse Spieghts moved and we weren't even mentioned? Everybody knew Doug Collins didn't want Spieghts, for whatever reason, just like those who watch the game know he's got size and game that we could use. Joe continues to amaze.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty DJ Merc: Dancing in the Street

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:07 am

Merc: All right my man, well we got the DJ format covered on this forum, I did it for 14 years, 4 nights in a bar weddings on the weekend. Do you do the local bars too? How about Karaoke? I did the music thing then would have people sing karaoke for a few songs then back to the music & dancing, had a lot of fun, plus you meet a lot of interesting people, I used to play different songs all night & tell people if you can guess who sang it, I'll give ya a free drink, but you have to come up here to tell me, had a ball with that, I like all kinds of music, guess you have to when you have to play all kinds. Just got a call from a girl who wants me to ask you who sang that song "Please Mr. Please" (Don't Play B-17). Ha?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 am

Sissy, I was surprised to see you were a DJ... I like to think it keeps us young at heart.
Sure we still do the clubs... KJ (karaoke).. DJ and recently VJ (video)... making good times never gets old.
You mentioned the name that tune for free drinks... we like to do a challenge... one table against the others for a pitcher... toss out several tunes in 5 minutes... it gets a little silly... competition brings out the animals :^)
Someone recently asked me what kind of music I like... the answer was Good Music.... why limit yourself?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:53 am

deus, I hear hear ya... Speights (sp) could be a nice fit... just wondering if he's better than what's in the draft?... sure the draft is a crap shoot... we also have JJ who is a borderline starter (is Speights really better)... I hope we can bring in an impact big man without settling for a "good" roster filler.
I really want McGee... to the point of exhausting all efforts first.... it makes too much sense with this roster.... but as Mick says you can't always get what you want.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Young at Heart 4 Sure

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:56 am

Merc: The owner of the bar I worked at bought me a $40,000 Pioneer Laser Disc System that played the videos, built me a DJ stand & away we went, we also had the Sound Choice & DK brands that didn't have no videos, the smaller ones. I remember back in 1987 I did my 1st wedding of 350 people, talk about being scared schittless, once people started dancing it was like Step Aside, this is 4 me, now I walk around like Mr. Microphone if ya know what I mean? If I go out with friends that have never sang Karaoke I'm always the first one up, turned a lot of People who were afraid of singing into high class shower singers. Ha.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty 3 Way Trade, Fesenko, Okur, Kamen Traded

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:22 am

But still we sit here with Joe Dumars doing squat, okay maybe he couldn't make any trades last year but what about now? These players that are flying off other teams could be a good fit here, but no, why? Because of some of the players Joe has signed? What would you give up or trade for if your name was Jason Maxiell, Charley V, Bynum, Prince resigned, (who in the hell would even think about this one?), Ben Gordon, Rodney (I'm not a point guard) Stuckey, and we're not gonna give up Jerebko, Wright or Monroe so we're Stuck, Stuck in a rutt, no player movement, wonder why? Oh yea we're interested in this player & that player but when are you gonna pull the trigger Joe that gives us something to make us competitive?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Game Changer

Post  Grizz Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:38 am

Bynum is a game changer .. but he isnt about getting the rest of the team involved .. So hope Frank knows when to pull him off the court next time ..

Stuckey was hurt? Fine by me .. he does not seem like he wants to be there .. There was one play on fastbreak with him and Knight and the Bulls got back and just before the basket he tosses the ball back to Knight who had no where to go except into an offensive charge .. Stuckey didnt even look or think ... That is one of his problems, he doesnt think . He just keeps running into the brickwall around the basket where suddenly he cannot finish the play or see where to move the ball to next .. It is still early enough for Frank to get into Stuckey's ear and get him to change the way (and postion!) he is playing .. Maybe these past 3 seasons with clown coaches (and playing out of postion!!!) have really wrecked his game .. I dunno .. Kinda sad to see where he was his first season here, with a lot of potential and enthusiasm and quickness .. and then poof ... not much fire or court sense in him .. So I would move Stuckey before I would Daye ... unless something changes soon

If there was a silver lining in this game .. it was Detroit most of the time made it more difficult for the Bulls to score than they would have in the past few seasons .. But the Bulls are a finely tuned machine now on both sides of the court with a good deal of talent .... Maybe having watched 2 clown coaches the past 3 seasons, Frank seems like the 2nd coming of John Wooden . but .. I still have some hope he can get the deadwood (Ben G, Jmax, Stuckey, Ben W, Prince, ...) to play... But if all these players were moved to somewhere else .. I would take my chances by doing just that .. Big IF .. cuz who would want them?

But the reality is .. as far as I can tell .. If you dont reach a player (playing at his natural position!!!!!!!!!) in the first 3 seasons .. and let him go through the fire of playing and getting better and gaining confidence .. you wont see much later on .. For a team that is rebuilding .. there has to be playing time for the young players (Daye, Knight) It is very clear watching Stuckey .. he should not be starting at PG .. Knight will have his share of mistakes if we started starting him .. but over the course of a season with an apprarently in tune mentor like Frank .. would expect Knight to be a star PG within 2 seasons .. If we had someone else run the team well . that would be something else .. cuz .. not having a field general on the court hurts the rest of the team's development ..but we dont ... and it time for Piston management to learn from their mistakes and move on from Stuckey as the team's starting PG... Frank .. you should be starting Knight .. ASAP ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty There You Have It, No Daye Conspiracy

Post  WTF Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 am

Lean playing time

Charlie Villanueva played four minutes and Austin Daye didn't play at all, but Frank said anyone who isn't playing knows why. Daye has been struggling on both ends and hadn't found an offensive rhythm so far. Damien Wilkins has taken the majority of his minutes.

"I just think you put it out there, you let it out there to the group," Frank said at practice recently. "It's not for public consumption but it's important that guys don't just know their role they have to know each others' role and you address it."

He said he doesn't do that to embarrass anyone, but for every player to hold each other accountable.

"I don't believe in a lot of closed door meetings," he said. "When you have a brotherhood, you handle things in the circle. It's just being honest and good - Detnews
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty We Can Wish All The WaY To Trade Deadline

Post  WTF Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:08 am

And Fat Ass won't pull the trigger on any deal that will improve this team and what do the local media clowns do? They make excuses!

The last 2 seasons it was Karen Davidson tying his Fat Little Hands, this year they already started with Joe not having the pieces to make a deal. That was the last three years but we can go further back than that and say that the last meaningful trade was the one that landed us Sheed and that was gifted to us by Stern and with the help of LB.

Trading Stackhouse for Rip was simply a salary dump that happen to work out for us, there was nothing ever strategic amout that move other than to reduce salaries. The sign and trade Grant Hill for Big Ben and Chucky get real and boy did he screw up the CB for AI money.

Any success this team has had was all accidental, but many of you keep thinking Fat Joe has a brain to pull off some meaningful trade.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty I Got Your You Can't Tug on Superman's Cape

Post  sissy194 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Next time you come in the paint I'll own you, got that puzz-fuzz? Pull his pants down Dennis.

sissy194

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next