Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Coaching errors cost vistory for the Pistons

Post  cool breeze Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 am

There is no way this Piston team would have lost if Frank had not selected so many inept players to start the 4th quarter. I should backup a bit and mention that coach Frank could not figure out that Maxiell had no business being on the floor trying to guard Jamison especially in the first quarter. Jamison ruled Maxiell and Frank must have been sleeping. Meanwhile, Jerebco did a great job on Jamison. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bynum and Gordon cannot play at the same time. This has never worked in the past and will never work in the future. Anyone remember last season when those two players were in the backcourt? Walker Russell's uncle was attending this game. Walker is a guy who shares the basketball and gets the offense moving in the right direction and understands the game. He was a key player who helped create that new chemistry we have enjoyed because he makes a total effort on both ends. I was worried when Bynum announced that he could play again. He noticed that he talks a lot with Frank so I suspect he is a suck up with Frank liking the attention. The Pistons blew that big lead and that was it and with that lineup including Wilkins, Bynum and Gordon had no chance. The starters had to look on and wonder why those players. So Frank was that extra player Cleveland needed to win that game along with a few bad calls by the refs. There is that special rule reserved for Labron James that you can jump in the air with the ball and come down without shooting or passing. That is no longer a travel and the refs just applied that rule for Irving. When a coach makes such huge mistakes in judgement almost any team will come unglued. I have never ridiculed Frank before. How long will it take for him to find out that Bynum is not a good fit for this team. Is Frank really in charge or is he taking orders from Dumars?

Another factor in this game that was disturbing was the defensive effort made by Ben Gordon. Of course we all know that Gordon and Bynum cannot guard anyone and it is difficult to hide Gordon with Bynum out on the court. But in the first half, Gordon just didn't bring an honest effort on defense and he did very little on offense. Overall, he sucked especially driving to the hoop out of control several times especially in that critical possesson that could have tied the game. That was a rookie mistake. You don't do that if you make approx. 13 million dollars a year playing basketball. Remember the Microwave? Whenever he entered the game, he changed the game somehow in some way. Ben Gordon is the highest paid player on the tam who cannot make the starting lineup and cannot make an impact as a reserve much of the time. He needs to be moved before the trade deadline and hopefully his pal Bynum can be moved to the minor leagues. That was a sure win that the Pistons just blew mostly because of who the coach put on the floor at certain times in the game. Frank should have reviewed some of the games from last season to get up to speed on what guys like Bynum can do to destroy a young improving basketball team.

While it is clear that Bynum

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 am

deusXango wrote:..does Charlie Villanueva have to play even when he comes back? A high priced towel waver in a lockout shortened season is much better than disrupting a developing chemistry on an up and coming team just to stroke this clowns ego. Let his ass sit Lil' Larry!!!

deusXango adding Charlie to the rotation after screwing chemistry up with Bynum playing along side Gordon last night might just cause Gores more money. Piston fans do not want to watch those players and more fans will stay home. Dumars will keep pushing the coaching staff to include his guys but somehow this owner will wake up and make a change in leadership at some point. I was previously impressed with coach Frank when he yanked Gordon during crunch time in many games previous to this Cleveland game but something has changed. Dumars must have provided instructions on who plays. Maybe Frank will come out at the start of the 4th with Charlie V, Gordon, Bynum, Wilkins, and Wallace. Wallace will not play hard with those players. He knows those players really well and has no respect for any of them as basketball players. Notice how Wallace slaps hands with Brandon Knight. Wallace was acting like a young guy with Knight's and Stuckey's effort being made on defense. Wallace acts the same way when Walker Russell is playing with him. Imagine how Wallace will react when Charlie V returns. This idea makes me ill.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Cleveland game

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Cleveland game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Happy Fat Tuesday from the mistake by the lake! Here’s the true story of how the Pistons’ game was ultimately lost by their devouring of the calorie-crammed pączki (say: "punch-key").

Cavalier owner Dan Gilbert had sixteen dozen paczki delivered to the Detroit locker room at halftime. 500 calories and 22 grams of fat in each delicious Polish treat. The Pistons consumed them like it was their last meal on death row. The result was that they blew a 17 point lead in the second half on the court and had players falling asleep on the bench. They were outscored 46 to 28 in the last 19 minutes of the game.

The Pistons moved a little bit slower. Their jumps weren’t quite as high and they landed with a resounding thud. Most of their shots were just off target. They seemed to be sweating more profusely than usual. The paczki clearly had taken a physical toll on the Detroiters. The result was a Cavs’ one point victory. Obviously Dan Gilbert’s strategy had won this NBA battle.

Biff Burns: Three players left the game all bloody. What happened?
Trainer Mike Abdenour : Monroe, Erden, and Gee had to go to the locker room for treatment after getting hit in the face. I haven’t seen so much blood since I donated at the Red Cross. It was four shades of ugly out there.

Biff Burns: Your team played well for most of the game.
Coach Frank: Yes they did but, Irving and Gee killed us down the stretch.
I’m starved. Are there any more raspberry paczki left?
Joe Dumars: No, I finished off the last dozen or so.

It was Drew Carey night in Cleveland. He was the guest of honor. All the fans were given Drew Carey masks. 13,459 Drews singing “Cleveland Rocks” was a somewhat disturbing sight. It visibly unnerved the visiting Pistons.

Every time the Cavs put a new player in the game, Drew would shout, “Come on Down”.

At halftime a comical improvisation skit of “The Decision” by LeBron was acted out by Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie to a constant barrage of boos and laughter by the enthusiastic crowd.
Kathy Kinney who portrayed Mimi on the Drew Carey Show was an honorary cheerleader.

As requested by Coach Frank here is my latest effort to put Tayshaun Prince (Prinsanity) on a par with Jeremy Lin (Linsanity) here are the stats from their last games:
Linsanity 21 points 07 rebounds 09 assists
Prinsanity 07 points 06 rebounds 04 assists

Prinsanity’s popularity ratings are about as low as George W. Bush’s were at the end of his second term. Linsanity’s popularity is about as high as George W. Bush’s were in his first term.

Tomorrow’s game is in the Great White North, Toronto. So take off you
hosers and wear your tuques, eh? The Molsons and LaBatts are on me.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty This time I agree with Drew Sharp....I usually don't ..:>)

Post  Rett Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:35 pm

As soon as an NBA coach gets hired, a clock starts counting down the days until his message falls on deaf ears and he's promptly shown the exit. Nobody avoids that. But it does appear that Frank just might avoid the coaching and personality foibles that doomed his five predecessors over the past 10 years. He's not detached like Rick Carlisle. He's not self-absorbed like Larry Brown. Nobody questions his work ethic like critics did with Flip Saunders. He listens whereas Michael Curry didn't, and he communicates whereas Kuester wouldn't.

Coach Frank it appears, has the trust of the players....and it has been a very long time coming!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Coaching errors cost vistory for the Pistons

Post  lemonpen Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Cool Breeze, In the words of a drunk Richard Pryor, afro

"Sang tha song you bi'ch."

No truer words. Let's hope Larry doesn't suffer that brainfart again soon.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty PBOY IS A TURD

Post  WTF Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 pm

phil1980 wrote:Grizz, you giving TMack way too much credit when he was in Detroit. Who development did he slow down?

TMack needs to wake up and realize that his career is over. He not the man anymore. He washed up, over cooked, and ready to be toss out with the rest of the old furniture. His career is basically over.

Same thing with Allen Iverson. You not that guy anymore. And speaking of Old guys who should hang it up. C.Billups. C.Billups stay injured! Billups was injured his last two years in Detroit, his last year in Denver, his first 3 months with NY, and his first 2 months in LA.

Hang it up old man Billups. Your EGO is at an all time high but your body and you game is old and washed-up. lol

Go Flush Yourself facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Yeah .. very funny !

Post  WTF Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Grizz wrote:
FlyDog wrote:The ESPN headrine writer who was fired for his derogatory and inflammatory use of the word "Chink" in reference to Jeremy Lin has issued the following statement:

"I'm very sorry that I insulted Jeremy Lin. Through bad fortune, I honestly had no idea that what I said was insulting. If I knew that what I said had a negative slant, there's not a chinaman's chance in hell I would have written what I did. I also regret that my editor didn't nip this in the bud before it hit print."

Hmmmmmmm........sounds sincere to me.

especially .. the head R ine ... asian bad pronunciation thing .. lol

I with the writer on this one, that comment wouldn't have been an issue any other time. In fact there has been countless times that the chink in armor comment has be used in thousand other headlines. If there was every a time those asses at ESPN should be showing some backbone it's now.

If this remark is okay under any other circumstances it should be okay now. It wasn't racial and he should hire some good lawyer and sue ESPN for wrongfully firing him.

Sometimes I just want to pull out my Alien Blaster and zap the hell out of people......... facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Frank

Post  Sparma Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:30 pm

But does he have their respect, Rett, considering his non-playing status? Larry was a very good ABA player, Curry was a starter in the NBA and Carlisle and Q scuffled along in the league. Saunders didn't make it as NBA player (as Sheed knew so well) but had excelled at lower levels. Frank will always be subject to doubt when things aren't going his way. I think he's done a real good job so far, but I don't see him as a longterm Pistons coach. I can already hear the news conference in which the team thanks him for his valuable services and expresses the need for someone else to take them to the next level.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Fly, you Dog

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:39 pm

deusXango wrote:
FlyDog wrote:
At the request of friends and family, I will be attending racial sensitivity orientasian in the near future.
Fly "You Sly" Dog! lol

You're completely racially insentive!

I will be enrolling you into a Gaysian sensitivity class ASAP!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Tonights Epic Battle

Post  merc Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:24 pm

In this corner we have the team wearing Red white and blue the Detroit "I'm worse than you" Pistons... and in the other corner the lotto champs... your "Bottom Feeding" Raaaptoooors... [cue U can't touch this]... may the best lottery team win! box
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Very good analysis Don ... appreciate it ...

Post  Grizz Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm

cool breeze wrote: There is no way this Piston team would have lost if Frank had not selected so many inept players to start the 4th quarter. I should backup a bit and mention that coach Frank could not figure out that Maxiell had no business being on the floor trying to guard Jamison especially in the first quarter. Jamison ruled Maxiell and Frank must have been sleeping. Meanwhile, Jerebco did a great job on Jamison. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bynum and Gordon cannot play at the same time. This has never worked in the past and will never work in the future. Anyone remember last season when those two players were in the backcourt? Walker Russell's uncle was attending this game. Walker is a guy who shares the basketball and gets the offense moving in the right direction and understands the game. He was a key player who helped create that new chemistry we have enjoyed because he makes a total effort on both ends. I was worried when Bynum announced that he could play again. He noticed that he talks a lot with Frank so I suspect he is a suck up with Frank liking the attention. The Pistons blew that big lead and that was it and with that lineup including Wilkins, Bynum and Gordon had no chance. The starters had to look on and wonder why those players. So Frank was that extra player Cleveland needed to win that game along with a few bad calls by the refs. There is that special rule reserved for Labron James that you can jump in the air with the ball and come down without shooting or passing. That is no longer a travel and the refs just applied that rule for Irving. When a coach makes such huge mistakes in judgement almost any team will come unglued. I have never ridiculed Frank before. How long will it take for him to find out that Bynum is not a good fit for this team. Is Frank really in charge or is he taking orders from Dumars?

Another factor in this game that was disturbing was the defensive effort made by Ben Gordon. Of course we all know that Gordon and Bynum cannot guard anyone and it is difficult to hide Gordon with Bynum out on the court. But in the first half, Gordon just didn't bring an honest effort on defense and he did very little on offense. Overall, he sucked especially driving to the hoop out of control several times especially in that critical possesson that could have tied the game. That was a rookie mistake. You don't do that if you make approx. 13 million dollars a year playing basketball. Remember the Microwave? Whenever he entered the game, he changed the game somehow in some way. Ben Gordon is the highest paid player on the tam who cannot make the starting lineup and cannot make an impact as a reserve much of the time. He needs to be moved before the trade deadline and hopefully his pal Bynum can be moved to the minor leagues. That was a sure win that the Pistons just blew mostly because of who the coach put on the floor at certain times in the game. Frank should have reviewed some of the games from last season to get up to speed on what guys like Bynum can do to destroy a young improving basketball team.

While it is clear that Bynum

Frank has been slow to realize things about this team .. I guess he just wants to go through the painfully stupid experience of what the deadwood players on this team can do to the chances for victory ... Ben G at 11 million! Any takers out there? Will throw in Bynum at absolutely no cost ...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty links?

Post  frankied Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:16 pm

links?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Creg Monrow Goin To Hell!

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi guyz n gal, it me, AMEER!!!!!!!!!!!! It hafftime and im chillin. B4 the game i told creg monrow no tapsies no jumpsies and i called it but then he jumpedted way high in the air and stold the tap. he cheated now mama say cheeters go to hell. my teem got 19 sissts all reddy, we gonna beat yuse guys! BAM!!! rite in da mouf, muvva fuckas!!!!!!! yall seen my spin n scoop you fuckos? coach jon wane gasey tawt me that!

eff off you broke werkin man haterz!

Meerz..............
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty james johnson was the guy i wanted detroit to draft...

Post  frankied Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 pm

most of the posters from the news forum know that the guy i wanted detroit to draft back when they took daye in the first round was james johnson, who went to chicago one pick after detroit took daye.
it took a trade to toronto, but it looks like johnson is turning into the player he was projected to be.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty frankie

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 pm

I remember you wanting Bayless and Ed Davis.................

Ooooooooooh..........dueling dogs. Labrador V Weimeraner? Call the National Guard! LOL! Our pictures are funny, imo.

Last edited by FlyDog on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Smirnov)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 pm

FlyDog wrote:I remember you wanting Bayless and Ed Davis.................
oh no!!!
i hated davis and was afraid joe would take him instead of monroe last year.
bayless i always thought was a decent guard - he played in portland for a couple of years - but basically rodney stuckey with more range on his jumper.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty frankie

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 pm

My bad. Now...........with 24 and zero left in the half.........don't look now Piston fans.................SHUT THE EFF UP, BLAHA!!!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty monroe is tired...

Post  frankied Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 pm

he's going to have to work on his conditioning.
this is not the first time i've seen him exhausted fairly early.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Pistons Suckin' Again

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Man, they had a team meeting this morning about the 35 point quarter they gave up in the 4th, Kelser said they seem to be on the same page, now I look at this game with 8:00 minutes left in the 4th & these fokkers are down 89-66, to the the Toronto Tonto Wannabe's, what???? Somebody out there is Realy cheering hard & it's really pizzing me off, everybody on the team is a minus, go to MLive & check the box score, what the hell is this 'Lil Larry?????? violin Joe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty The 3rd Quarter...........

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 pm

That may very well have been the worst 12 minutes in the history of organized basketball. Wow. They all suck. Makes me want to attempt a comeback at age 41, as a 6'1", 215 pound PF. Hey......I'm stronger and smarter than Tayshaun............Why not me? FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty monroe is tired............

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Second wind............10 points so far in the 4th.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Getting Whumped so ..

Post  Grizz Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Garbage time is especially a good opportunity for Macklin and Daye to play .. CV too.. I have no explanations for why the recent decline in play other than when your talent level is so low or young at certain positions, you can only win so many games on pure effort ...

Knight and Stuckey have not been dishing assists lately .. Trying to do too much on their own because the rest of the team cant keep up? Havent been able to watch the recent games so dont know whether its that or the coaching strategy and / or coaching selected match ups and / or coaching selected playing units ..

Most likely we just dont have enough experience and depth at bigs or PG to win without playing pretty close to perfect and pretty close to flat out maximum effort ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Fly, you can be our DeJuan Blair (Spurs) or Tractor Trailer (UofM)

Post  Grizz Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm

FlyDog wrote:That may very well have been the worst 12 minutes in the history of organized basketball. Wow. They all suck. Makes me want to attempt a comeback at age 41, as a 6'1", 215 pound PF. Hey......I'm stronger and smarter than Tayshaun............Why not me? FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know you can at least knock down a few of the opposition hard to the court Twisted Evil

Half of winning basketball is being willing to smack somebody around ..

Last edited by Grizz on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Where is This All Leading Too? 3 Steps Forward, 3 Back

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:31 pm

No Sense of urgency here, Prince held onto the ball for 15 seconds then made a pass with 1.9 seconds left, what it is with him, stops the flow of the game every friggin' time, get rid of this work of art, now down by eight in garbage time, why did it take so long to realize there's a game going on here? What a waste. How ya like your team now Jelly-Joe? You ought to be fired for impersonating a GM/Prez, ridiculous Jelly-Filled, go eat some more Jelly-chocolate filled lard butt. You can't make a trade to save your donut pistons from losing, thanks to Jelly-Joe Dumars for nothing but another embarrassing season, so cheers & Jelly-Filled to you Joe, they lose 103-93. hehe wpn wpn Joe Joe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty james johnson was the guy i wanted detroit to draft...

Post  deusXango Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 pm

frankied wrote:most of the posters from the news forum know that the guy i wanted detroit to draft back when they took daye in the first round was james johnson, who went to chicago one pick after detroit took daye.
it took a trade to toronto, but it looks like johnson is turning into the player he was projected to be.
You and me also Frankie. James Johnson was one hell of a colligate player and I was stunned when the Pistons left him on the board. As I remember his game, he's only beginning to scratch the surface of his skills. 6'11" and 195 lbs.!!!! I'm still in a state of disbelief.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next