Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty FORUM

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Another 20 point lose facepalm Just Great!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Another 20 point lose facepalm Just Great!
its gonna be ugly. only hope is this is last game of 6 game road trip and sometimes teams think about getting home and come up flat. otherwise, a true buttkickin is in store.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 pm

man...a guy like craig smith would be nice to have...
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty FINALLY!

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Coach Frank starts Knight and Stuckey in the backcourt .. which was the opinion of this forum from the get go .. Why dont the Piston Brass listen to us more often! cheers Go Pistons!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Pistons Gut Out Win Against Portland

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Stuckey with 28 points tonight, had a bad play with 20 seconds left though, drove the lane with 4 people on him & missed the rim completely, even Kelser thought he was gonna pass the ball but we know Stuckey don't we? If he ever learns to finish at the rim consistently he could really help this team, Pistons had a 16 point lead earlier but held on & gutted it out for the win, everyone played pretty decent tonight, got to give them credit even though Fat Joe's trying to sabotage this team by acquiring no bigs for them. Pistons win 94-91. wpn Joe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Stuckey is the game's hero!

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Wow .. maybe a statement game by Stuckey, who has taken a lot of flack in this forum, and by me .. I didnt think we had a chance against the Trailblazers .. If Stuckey and Knight can become a great team of backcourt mates .. Basketball Basketball the Pistons,, and Joe Dumars .. are in very good shape .. (still need 2 good bigs but .. ) cheers cheers cheers
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Knight/Stuckey

Post  Flip Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Grizz wrote:Coach Frank starts Knight and Stuckey in the backcourt .. which was the opinion of this forum from the get go .. Why dont the Piston Brass listen to us more often! cheers Go Pistons!

Agreed! Knight/Stuckey looked great together. We all have been calling for it since the summer, don't know what took so long, but finally they listened. party
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Pistons CRUSH Wise & Frankie's Crystal Balls

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:42 pm

frankied wrote:
its gonna be ugly. only hope is this is last game of 6 game road trip and sometimes teams think about getting home and come up flat. otherwise, a true buttkickin is in store.

A 20 point loss? A mauling?

Not tonight, Knight & Stuckey are finally on the down low, and scoring.

Stuckey had a sweet throw down, and I wish he did more of that because he has the size and speed. Stop tossing up those prayers, and get a clue down the stretch, that's not the time to start bulling your way to the hole in traffic!

Confession is good for the soul, so I will confess that I agreed with Wise & Frankie that the Pistons would lose, I just didn't post it.

This was a quality win, and shows that when we harness the talent, sometimes we can surprise... even us, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Backcourt

Post  Murph Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:39 am

Grizz wrote:Coach Frank starts Knight and Stuckey in the backcourt .. which was the opinion of this forum from the get go .. Why dont the Piston Brass listen to us more often! cheers Go Pistons!

Yes...most of us have been calling for Stuckey and Knight to start in the backcourt all season.

Also, who here likes Walker Russell Jr about a hundred times more than Bynum as our reserve PG? Everyone?

And you know why? Because Walker Russell Jr actually is a PG.

Let's just hope Joe doesn't sign Russell to a $10 million contract after the season, like he did Bynum.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:16 am

Oracle wrote:
frankied wrote:

Stuckey had a sweet throw down, and I wish he did more of that because he has the size and speed. Stop tossing up those prayers, and get a clue down the stretch, that's not the time to start bulling your way to the hole in traffic!

Confession is good for the soul, so I will confess that I agreed with Wise & Frankie that the Pistons would lose, I just didn't post it.

This was a quality win, and shows that when we harness the talent, sometimes we can surprise... even us, LOL!
it was nice to see the win.
and i was able to talk shyte in the middle of a whole bunch of blazer fans, which was very nice.
one thing about stuckey...
he had his best moments when he was guarded by matthews, a very good defender at the 2 guard.
but he was just too quick and fast for matthews. because he was able to get around him he actually had better looks at the basket than he normally does.
normally, he is defended by smaller, quicker point guards who can keep up with him but just get overpowered as he goes up for his shot.
but they are always there, affecting his shot.
maybe he is better off at the two, because while he wont have the size advantage on most 2's, he will probably have an advantage, like tonight, in speed and quickness. and that kind of advantage is probably more important for a backcourt player.
just a thought.
and yes, it is nice to actually see a real point guard on the team. russell has his issues - size, outside shot - but he does know how to run an offense, and the stability he brings when he is on the court definitely helps.
it also points out how blind joe d was all those years, basically maintaining that the team didn't need a real point guard. yes, the team needs one. it is obvious now.
more to come...
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Backcourt

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:20 am

Murph wrote:

Yes...most of us have been calling for Stuckey and Knight to start in the backcourt all season.

Also, who here likes Walker Russell Jr about a hundred times more than Bynum as our reserve PG? Everyone?

And you know why? Because Walker Russell Jr actually is a PG.

Let's just hope Joe doesn't sign Russell to a $10 million contract after the season, like he did Bynum.
Another win for the collective intelligence of the Pistons forum. As for our guard rotation, I give you credit Murph for being the first to step up and say Walker Russell Jr should be our bench PG and not Bynum. His time has passed. As for money, Russell and Wilkins are more than sufficient as bench guards, let's work a deal for Gordon and Bynum now; we don't need to wait to move their contracts and they represent a hell of a lot of money we can use (properly Joe)! Two mistakes Joe should start working on correcting A.S.A.P.

Am I the only one growing uncomfortable the longer Villanueva lingers on IR with this ankle? I can't help but remember what happened with the late, great Mr Waymon Tisdale. In all seriousness, that would be awful. With that being said, it's time to amnesty his ass.

Our backcourt seems straight unless Lil' Larry f#&ks it up when Gordon comes back.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:44 am

just a side note...
the team was on the last game of a 6 game road trip and they definitely were tired. so instead of taking the ball to the hole they threw up long jumpers. definitely not their usual game.
doesn't matter in the long run, but as i noted before the game, this is one of those games on the schedule that favors the home team and not the team thinking about heading home.
last game of a long road trip is always a tough game. detroit fans are well aware of that from watching teams go to the west coast and getting their butts kicked in similar circumstances.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:51 am

deusXango wrote:
Another win for the collective intelligence of the Pistons forum. As for our guard rotation, I give you credit Murph for being the first to step up and say Walker Russell Jr should be our bench PG and not Bynum. His time has passed. As for money, Russell and Wilkins are more than sufficient as bench guards, let's work a deal for Gordon and Bynum now; we don't need to wait to move their contracts and they represent a hell of a lot of money we can use (properly Joe)! Two mistakes Joe should start working on correcting A.S.A.P.

Our backcourt seems straight unless Lil' Larry f#&ks it up when Gordon comes back.

This exactly how I feel. Not only do we not need Bynum or Gordon, but they make us worse by playing them. If we can't trade them I'd rather they sit on the bench with Charlie V and Austin Daye. idk why those 2 can get benched for sucking, but Gordon/Bynum always get to play no matter how stupid they play.

Just go with Russell and Wilkins, those are kind of players I like - vet min guys who play smart and play hard every minute, and make winning plays, not selfish stat-padders who take dumb shots and turn over the ball every other time they touch it.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:54 am

Flip wrote:Just go with Russell and Wilkins, those are kind of players I like - vet min guys who play smart and play hard every minute, and make winning plays, not selfish stat-padders who take dumb shots and turn over the ball every other time they touch it.

EXACTLY!!!

The whole point to me is that you need role players that know they're role players, and work hard at it.

NOT role players that think they're stars(CV & BG), or wanna be stars(Bynum) and want star treatment!

Last edited by Oracle on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 am

so where are all the stuckey haters?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Way to go PISTONS!!

Post  Rett Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:17 am

Great WIN.....against Portland.

Has anyone noticed that even though we have lost more games this year this group does NOT give up....does NOT get an attitude......they keep going out and playin hard...
that's what ima talkin about.

There is hope on the horizon this year.! clap

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Good point Rhett about not giving up and keeping a good attitude .. Coach Frank .. Kudos ..

Post  Grizz Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:04 am

Rett wrote:Great WIN.....against Portland.

Has anyone noticed that even though we have lost more games this year this group does NOT give up....does NOT get an attitude......they keep going out and playin hard...

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty frankie

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 am

"So where are all the Stuckey haters?"................

Yippee............he had one good game. After calling for the Blazers to maul the Pistons, you sure you should be gloating about anything?;-) A good game against a tired team...........big whoop. Btw.........he was -1 for the evening, and Maxiell was +15. Danillo Gallinardi had 37 and 11 last night..............shit happens.

Had to work late last night and missed the game. The Pistons are 1-11 when I watch them, and 3-2 when I don't.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty What Gives In Denver?

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:50 am

They played a Double OT game last night against the Knicks, and won. They only played 7 guys; 6 guys got DNPCD............in Double OT?!?!

LOL at the 6-10 Knicks. Those guys are NEVER relevant.........why do all the talking head fools get suckered every year with that team? Uh..................YOU NEED A PG! A bench is nice too.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Way to go PISTONS!!

Post  WTF Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 am

Rett wrote:Great WIN.....against Portland.

Has anyone notice Rett only post and talk this cheerleader crap when the team wins. lol!

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Pistons CRUSH Wise & Frankie's Crystal Balls

Post  WTF Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 am

Oracle wrote:
frankied wrote:

Yeah I thought another ass whipping was on the horizon last night. It was a good win though they tried hard to give it away towards the end.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Hope

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:45 am

"There is hope on the horizon this year.!"...................Rent

Can I borrow your rose-colored, high-powered binoculars please?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty More Like A Rose Colored Telescope and Micro-scope

Post  WTF Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:07 am

FlyDog wrote:"There is hope on the horizon this year.!"...................Rent

Can I borrow your rose-colored, high-powered binoculars please?

I think Rett is talking about next season. Stuckey will have to average stats like last night the rest of the season and the 10 go on a 10 game win streak before I see some hope.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Portland game

Post  Fennis Dembo Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:34 am

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Portland game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Coach Frank: We really needed this win. I was beginning to feel like the captain of that Italian cruise ship as it was going down and I don’t know how to swim.

Biff Burns: You played a great game tonight, Rodney.
Stuckey: To quote my man, Julius Caesar, “I came. I saw. I conquered. And I kicked some serious butt tonight.”
Biff Burns: You did indeed.

Dumars: If I smoked I’d light up a victory cigar just like Red Auerbach used to do with the Celtics. Most of the press is too young to remember that except for those two old farts Mike O’Hara and Biff Burns. I heard Betty White is Biff’s younger sister.

Biff Burns: How’s your health, Charlie?
Charlie V: Two hours is a really long time to sit and watch a game. I need a softer chair with more cush for my tush. Next time I’m getting that written into my contract.

Biff Burns: The team was really up for this game.
Coach Frank: Motivation comes in many forms. I had the motivational speaker Tommy “The Terminator” Tortelli from the local “Goodfellas Club” work his magic with the team earlier today in a special meeting.

Tommy: I just told dees guys. Losing, forget about it. I made dem an offer dey couldn’t refuse. Kuester, McGrady, Curry, Wilcox dey didn’t win here. Dey sleep wit da fishes. You don’t wanna be like dem mooks. I didn’t think so. Da Goodfellas have 100k riding on yous guys winning tonight. We really hate to be disappointed. I can’t stress dat enough. Bada-bing, victory.

Coach Frank: Fear can be a marvelous motivator. It is a very under used tool in pro sports.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Joe Paterno Is Dead

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:18 pm

That is all.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down