Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty George Blaha

Post  Grizz Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:44 pm

goes over the edge .. in absolute insanity .. and dont forget to took at the picture there and its inspiring caption...
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re....You Cannot Be Serious..........

Post  WTF Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:08 pm

FlyDog wrote:C'mon Rett.............you like this teams fight? Did you like their fight after 3 straight losses by 21 or more points? 4 and 20. The worst Offense, the 2nd worst Defense and the worst point differential in the League. Fight? You kiddin' me? This team has very little fight.

I think she just like the colors running back and forth, up and down the court. hard to see the ugly truth wearing rose-colored glasses. Maybe she's watching in 3-D and it's likes she's on the court with the players who knows what Rett see's other than the truth.

Heck I wouldn't mind the 4-20 record if they actually played hard close fought games. This far exceeds The Teal Years by a Zillion light years.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Speed Typing Again)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty YES...THEY have HEART!!

Post  Rett Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:09 pm

FlyDog wrote:C'mon Rett.............you like this teams fight? Did you like their fight after 3 straight losses by 21 or more points? 4 and 20. The worst Offense, the 2nd worst Defense and the worst point differential in the League. Fight? You kiddin' me? This team has very little fight.

YEP!......They play with a LOT of heart............
The team last year?...NOT!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty About last night...............

Post  Rett Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re.....YES...THEY have HEART!!

Post  WTF Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Rett wrote:

YEP!......They play with a LOT of heart............
The team last year?...NOT!!

I would suggest they start playing with brains instead maybe that will help them. If running around aimlessly like little A.D.D. kids hype up on sugar is playing hard then I guess you would be happy facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty About last night...............

Post  WTF Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Dang you're such a Homer and Blaha is an idoit. We had Zeke and Kelly and if we had anything close to those 2 players now this team wouldn't be 4 and 20. You and Uncle Blaha need medical attention for your eyes and brains.

Only you would post a true blue article as if it meant something facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Rett Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:43 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Dang you're such a Homer and Blaha is an idoit. We had Zeke and Kelly and if we had anything close to those 2 players now this team wouldn't be 4 and 20. You and Uncle Blaha need medical attention for your eyes and brains.

Only you would post a true blue article as if it meant something facepalm

oh, sheesh...ya just can't stand it!
ole man...ya haven't been right since ur boy Flip...was sent a packing!
lol!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Rett & Blaha

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm with Rett on this one!

Playing with heart has NOTHING to do with the score, in fact, it's best displayed when losing. If you can tough it out in losses, you'll be even better when it turns around.

Monroe and Knight don't understand the word quit, and it's beginning to look like some of the supporting players are coming around too.

But make no mistake about it, we're pretty bad, and Blaha needs to put down the Bong if he's going to be writing posts on NBA.com.

Blaha comes off to me like he's in a drug induced haze! There's a lot to talk about as it relates to this team, but all the rosy crap needs to be left in the lockeroom, if not the parking lot!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty WOW, Afflalo kicks Chauncey's Butt

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:05 am

Afflalo's Nuggets went into the Clippers den and beat them, with Afflalo missing doubling Chauncey's output by one point.

Yup, we certainly didn't need Afflalo, and those guys(Joe, can you hear me) that said he would be out of the league in a couple of years, probably need to revise their estimates, lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Still Grit my teeth over this one...

Post  Grizz Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:22 am

Oracle wrote:Afflalo's Nuggets went into the Clippers den and beat them, with Afflalo missing doubling Chauncey's output by one point.

Yup, we certainly didn't need Afflalo, and those guys(Joe, can you hear me) that said he would be out of the league in a couple of years, probably need to revise their estimates, lol!

Oracle ... the move to lose AA, not Joe's worst move but the one that personally bugged me mad the most, because it was SO POINTLESS and damning to the team! And Keith Languois had been talking him up so much before the trade! I guess Joe forgot to send the memo to his Propaganda dept in time. lol
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty The Bucks come to the Palace tonight ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 am

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 am

Grizz wrote:
Oracle wrote:Afflalo's Nuggets went into the Clippers den and beat them, with Afflalo missing doubling Chauncey's output by one point.

Oracle ... the move to lose AA, not Joe's worst move but the one that personally bugged me mad the most, because it was SO POINTLESS and damning to the team! And Keith Languois had been talking him up so much before the trade! I guess Joe forgot to send the memo to his Propaganda dept in time. lol

Also Grizz, Joe could have drafted Ty Lawson (18 pts, 6 ast), but drafted Austin Daye with the 15th pick (2009 Draft) and DeAndre Jordan (2 pts., 9 rebs., 5 blks), but of course Joe elected to draft Walter "Sleepy" Sharpe (2ns, 2008 Draft).

Way to go Joe!

Will Gores just please go ahead and fire Joe's ass, today?

And to think, I used to be a Joe Dumars fan. Damn!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:25 am

Sebastian.... Delfino misses his old buddies too...
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Carlos Delfino

Post  Sebastian Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Yeah, Merc, I'm not sure what to think of Carlos!?!?!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link][img]
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Rut Row

Post  Murph Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:03 pm

NBAdraftnet.com is taking Andre Drummond seriously when he said he's going to stay in school another year. They've taken him off their mock draft board. They have us taking Harrison Barnes with the 2nd pick. Ugh! mad

I hope the Pistons draft the Turk, Aldemir, in the 2nd round. He looks like another potential Turkoglu.

Last edited by Murph on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Ok...now you guys are weirding me out. Enough with the Carlos Delfino man love pics. Kuester

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Backcourt

Post  Murph Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Grizz wrote:

Yes even today, if we had that backcourt in tact, of Billups, Hamilton, Stuckey and Afflalo, it would still be one of the best backcourts in the NBA. Obviously, Joe should have kept his backcourt, and drafted and traded expiring contracts for big men to replace the aging Wallaces. That would have made the rebuilding process much smoother and less painful.

The problem is, it would also have been very expensive. By today's salaries, Joe would have had roughly $42 million tied up in his backcourt alone (assume Joe picked up Billups' option).

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Too Funny

Post  WTF Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Murph wrote:Ok...now you guys are weirding me out. Enough with the Carlos Delfino man love pics. Kuester

Those pictures are funny and scary at the same time.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Rut Row

Post  deusXango Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Murph wrote:NBAdraftnet.com is taking Andre Drummond seriously when he said he's going to stay in school another year. They've taken him off their mock draft board. They have us taking Harrison Barnes with the 2nd pick. Ugh! mad

I hope the Pistons draft the Turk, Aldemir, in the 2nd round. He looks like another potential Turkoglu.
I'm in total agreement with you Murph, Harrison Barnes is not a 2nd pick in the first round, for us or anyone else! There are arguebly more offensively potent SF's in this years draft; potent being good, active players on both sides of the ball. I think that the national media outlets have so little respect for decision making that we're subtley becoming the "give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything" franchise of the NBA.

I was curious when I saw Aldemir's name in the second round. Have you seen him play? Is there a feed where I can get a look at this guy? Hedo, was one hell of a player in my book, so was Memo Okur; they "ball" in Turkey, so my mind is open to this guy coming here. Barnes? Neyt!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm

"Yes even today, if we had that backcourt in tact, of Billups, Hamilton, Stuckey and Afflalo, it would still be one of the best backcourts in the NBA. Obviously, Joe should have kept his backcourt, and drafted and traded expiring contracts for big men to replace the aging Wallaces. That would have made the rebuilding process much smoother and less painful.

"The problem is, it would also have been very expensive. By today's salaries, Joe would have had roughly $42 million tied up in his backcourt alone (assume Joe picked up Billups' option)."

-Murph

'Yo Murph, we seem to be in lock-step today with our views of the teams direction. I'm so glad to hear someone support my thinking that our backcourt of 2008 (prior to the idiotic trades) was the strength of the team. An all-star backcourt with two young dynamic guards playing behind them, learning the game and contributing to excellence. Our frontcourt was ageing and in need of retooling, which makes more sense than rebuilding a whole damn team, and could have been accomplished easier than what we've gone through to arrive at where we are presently.

As far as salaries go, I don't think Stuckey and Afflalo would be commanding as much as what they are being paid now, but even so, look at the money we got tied up in non-production player contracts....that's enough to have us in contention still. Plus Joe didn't have to pay Hamilton what he did to resign him.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Aldemir

Post  Murph Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:16 pm

DX...at 6'10, 230, Aldemir would probably play PF in the NBA. He's only 20 years old. And he starts and puts up good numbers for his Turkish team, which is 13-3 in league play. Not sure what the quality of their league is.

From the clip, it looks like Aldemir is quick and athletic, with good hands. He seems to be a excellent rebounder, decent defender and shot blocker, and a willing passer. I'd definitely take a 2nd round flyer on Aldemir.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:36 pm

I LOVE it!!!

I wonder when Delfino and Richard Jefferson will announce their wedding plans?

It's shaping up as the event of the NBA season!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty backcourt

Post  frankied Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

if joe'd been smart he could have structured everything so that stuckey and afflalo would get paid, right when chauncey and rip were getting less on their deals.
for instance, if joe had not traded chauncey, he would now be in the last year of his big deal. next year, his legit market value would have probably been, in the mid-level exception range, plus a million or two. he might even have given the team a home town discount, in order to help the team out.
joe could have structured rip's extension, with chauncey's deal in mind. first, as DX noted, he definitely overpaid rip, which is why rip was so eager to sign the deal. and it is likely, considering everything, that he would have signed a two year extension, especially if it was obviously designed to keep him paired with chauncey, both in terms of salary and contract length. imho, joe deliberately overpaid rip and gave him 3 years on the extension, because he knew how upset he would be because of the chauncey trade. if there's no chauncey trade, i don't think the horrible rip extension ever happens.
and f they'd still been here, both afflalo and stuckey could have been given the one year qualifying offer with the promise of being taken care of the next year, as free agents, once chauncey and rip's salaries took the expected downturn. certainly all of this would have taken a lot of trust and good faith on everyone's part, but if joe had handled the situation well, it could have easily been done. and the bottom line is that they team that still has the player, and his bird rights and other advantages, is always going to be the most attractive option for a free agent. so even if they were not extremely happy about the one year qualifying offer, that issue could have been finessed.
the team's backcourt could have been set up for another decade, in terms of performance and contracts, if joe had not blown it.
the frontcourt was the problem and had been the problem. he needed to address that part of the team, not destroy its strength, the backcourt.
his moves have truly been historically bad, and an incredible example of the team inflicting almost mortal damage to itself.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Frankie D. you're thinking like a real GM who is worth his salt thinks. On top of everything else, we overlook the relationship Joe had built up with his players prior to the Chauncey trade; his players trusted, and thought the world of him, as did the agents representing not only them, but other quality players in the league. Joe just didn't shot himself in the foot, he blew his whole leg off up to the asshole! Trust and respect have to be some priceless commodities in dealing for top flight talent in pro sports. You have it or you don't. If you don't you'll end up with "run of the mill" players 9 out of 10 times. Our only hope with Joe as head honcho is through the draft, and we need perimeter play as well as big men.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty The Bucks come to the Palace tonight ...

Post  deusXango Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Sebastian wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Sebastian, how in the world did Stuckey manage to get his lips on Delfino and not his hand on the ball? I know you know. You can tell me, I'm your friend. Smile
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next