Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Thank you for saying that Don ..

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 pm

cool breeze wrote:
frankied wrote:was just reading about the knicks/nuggets game and came across the fact that afflalo was named the nuggets captain this summer.
he's considered the team leader.

This give away by our fearless leader, Mr. Dumars still makes me ill regarding the Affalo give away. One of the posters informed that Dumars hands were tied because he couldn't sign Affalo. That makes no sense unless you believe that Affalo has limited value to a team. He has proved otherwise in Colorado. I have followed Affalo since he was in high school and was so excited when the Pistons drafted him. I actually started to think that Dumars was actually doing his homework. However, Dumars house cleaning of Billups and Affalo brought me back down to Earth. As Dr. Evil once said, "Why am I surrounded by IDIOTS?" That is what Mr. Gores must be thinking when he studies Piston history over the past few seasons. Affalo is a leader and has always been the leader on every team he has played on except the Pistons. Dumars wanted Stuckey to be his leader and thus had to remove Billups and Affalo to try to make that happen. Some of you are all excited about the last game and how well Stuckey performed. Remember that is only one game in how many games that Stuckey has played in over the past 3 years. He has never played very hard for two games in a row. Stuckey is gifted but will he do the work it takes to become a real player the team can count on every game? Dumars has risked everything on the belief that Stuckey can be a different player than he has been. He had very little to risk by making sure Affalo didn't leave Detroit. I once flew back to Tucson from Metro Airport when Affalo was a Piston. It was just after Detroit lost that playoff game to Boston at the Palace in the playoffs. I looked up while sitting with the common folks flying Southwest Airlines, and Arron Affalo walked by. That is Mr. Affalo sports fans. He is down to Earth, smart and not full of himself. He is always trying to improve in every way. It just sucks that Dumars doesn't know his players very well.

Don .. thank you for that .. I am not sure that Dumars saw having both Stuckey and Afflalo on the team at the same time as a conflict, where one had to go or the other .. I think he just decided that there were far better offensive players on the team than Afflalo (although AA averaged 10 pts per game when he did start, pretty good for a beginning) ... Dumars took a look at his roster and saw Stuckey and Gordon and Rip as well as AA on the team, and concluded that AA was had the least to offer the team in terms of shooting .. and decided someone had to go .. and since Denver inquired about AA, he decided why the heck not. Maybe he felt guilty about blindsiding Billups ..... and dumping AA was another way to show Billups and the Piston fans that Dumars was going to start a brand new day and era in Piston history .. Boy did he ever ... Dumars totally discounted and ignored the defensive prowness and dedication and leadership of Aaron Afflalo .. Qualities that NO SOUND GM should ever ignore in a player .. And that is the same kind of GM BLINDNESS that led Joe D to sign and overpay CV and BG and T-Mac and AI ... All mistakes that hurt our team and its development .. I will always hate the AA dumping just as much as the Tigers trying to trade Kirk Gibson .. and losing him to the Dodgers ... Pure stupidity .. which I immediately went into rage mode over .. Don .. me too . .I really feel sick whenever I think about AA not being on the team .. and Keith Languois was all over Afflalo .. .as the model Piston player of all time as far as dedication .. And yet .. all these Piston writers HAVENT the slightest condemnation of Dumars or even raising the possibility that it was a bad move if they even bring it up at all .. Which means I hate these writers even more .. Oh well .. Maybe Dumars has learned his lesson, since JJ is a kind of like AA though not as talented overall .. Still it would make a world of difference if Joe D would just man up and say he made a terrible decision in getting rid of Aaron Affalo .. and until he does . I will always hold JD in contempt ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty What's wrong with the Knicks

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:57 pm

This article gives some insight: Full Article - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"This will sound pretty elementary, but spacing due to how their front-court players operate, and a lack of a top-notch, pick-and-roll ballhandler makes it impossible to run D'Antoni's offense the way we're used to seeing it," the scout said. "Anthony is really a beast at putting up points in various ways. But his ability to either post up or attack the rim is somewhat compromised by having Amar'e and Chandler in there. He didn't really get to the cup until after Chandler fouled out against Denver, if I'm not mistaken.

"And while Amar'e has improved enough to be deadly from mid-range ... at least in the past ... he's not getting to the rim nearly like he has before. As for point-guard play, the rookie (Shumpert) is a pretty good player, overall, right now and going to get better, but just hasn't had enough experience to be good at running an offense that's has been so dependent on point-guard play."
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 pm

frankied wrote:oracle,
you remember that also?
chauncey was out for a few games because of an injury, and in those games, webber ran the offense beautifully. what made it nice was that the team was able to get valuable time out of him, in that role as distributor.
but when chauncey came back, no way was he going to let that go on, and he put a stop to it.
end of high post offense.
and webber never got back to his level of play.
one of those things i won't forgive chauncey for...

Yeah, unfortunately that wasn't one of Chauncey's stellar moments!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty The Okie's Are Gonna Wipe The Piston off the Map Tonight

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Its gonna be like a pro team against a JV Team tonight, just got that feeling, this will not set well with the Jelly Joe experiment, they will be outclassed & beat the schitt out of. We've seen this coming for a while, tonight is the sacrifice to show how Dumars has brought this team to its knee's. Joe should be fired after tonight. There will be no more excuses for Gores not to get rid of this bum.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty the eric money pull up jumper!!!

Post  frankied Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:43 pm

stuckey just got an offensive foul on a clear charge. it was also a play where the perfect shot would have been an eric money-style pull up jumper. instead of a foul, he gets an easy 6 foot jump shot, and probably 2 points. funny, it seems such an obvious shot for him to learn. i've been posting on it for the last 3 years. he's still getting that charging foul. if he learns that shot, he becomes a 20 point a game scorer. easily.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 pm

he keeps using a line up with one scorer - either stuckey or knight - with 4 non-scorers - jj, maxiell, russell and wilkins.
and does anyone wonder why the team is scoring 82 points a game?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Bingo

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:Its gonna be like a pro team against a JV Team tonight, just got that feeling, this will not set well with the Jelly Joe experiment, they will be outclassed & beat the schitt out of. We've seen this coming for a while, tonight is the sacrifice to show how Dumars has brought this team to its knee's. Joe should be fired after tonight. There will be no more excuses for Gores not to get rid of this bum.

Your prediction is looking pretty solid at the moment .. and starting Ben Wallace is insane .. just as signing him for this season was .. Reality vs fantasy .. Dumars wake up FROM your doughnut fueled high!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Joe, Can You Come to My Office Immediately?

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 pm

The Schitt just hit the fan, take your Nasty Azz & your Jelly-Filled Doughnuts & get the hell out of here, I should have listened to the fans but I believed with all the knowledge I thought you accumulated that you would have some kind of idea on how to run a professional Basketball team, I was wrong, you've got to go, you have no bigs for the team which they need badly, you tell everyone that I'm behind you, well that's not true, Your Fired, now get the hell off the premises, eat it Goodwill & Ellis. Look at this crap, 36-14 already, who in the hell didn't see this coming? Hey Gores let me run this team, no charge, watch me get rid of Has Ben Walrus, Gordon, Daye, Wilkens, Maxi-Pads, Prince & the goofy coach, Laimbeer will Gm, Isiah will coach & the Micro-Wave will assist. Let's go.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Dumars Takes Job at Dunkin' Donuts: Krispy Kremes Files Suit

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Grizz: So easy to predict this outcome, the best against the worse, Pistons are really worse off than some think, here's an example, where do we go from here, with Gores in Dumars's Bullschitt pocket now we are in deep Schitt, some drastic things have to change because this my friend is going to get worse.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:58 pm

man...they better put their defensive stopper on harden. he's on fire. they need to get a real defender on him...
oh wait...their supposed stopper, wilkins, is guarding him!
never mind...
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Those Who Feared Karen Davidson & How She Controlled Dumars

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Are in for a big surprise because Gores seems to be a bigger puzzy than she was & Dumars was terrified of her. Just ask yourselves why we have no bigs at this stage of the game. Seriously can you all believe that the Pistons are down 30 with 5 & change left in the 2nd quarter? We all have mis-diagnosed this organization, they truely SUCK.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty George & Greg: Get a Real Job Please

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Down by 31, Prince passes to Daye for a lay-in, George goes ape-schitt & says nice find by Tay to Daye, I get it George, Taye to Daye but how about telling it like it really is: well Greg the Pistons are getting their azz handed to them tonight, yea George but I sure wish Dumars had the Ballz to bring some bigs in here so that we would be at least be competitive, yea your right Greg, we do suck don't we? Now that's better boys.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:14 pm

brutal.
not much more to say....
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty It's a...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 pm

BlowRoute!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Good News/Bad News

Post  FlyDog Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:26 pm

The good news is, Stuckey forced Sefolosha to the bench with 2 early fouls. The bad news is, James "The terrorist" Harden is Sefolosha's back-up.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!

Post  FlyDog Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Stuckey Forces a TO

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Nice drive to the hole by Stuckey, and he actually finished!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 pm

in a 25 point game, why is ben wallace playing an entire quarter?
where is macklin?
is this what they call rebuilding?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 pm

FlyDog wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Fly, that article was a HUGE joke! Talk about your fluff pieces!

I used to think a lot more of Langolis, but he's just another run of the mill Noser!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty VERNON MACKLIN

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:01 am

Has anyone saw anything that Vernon Macklin does or doesn't do to preclude him from getting extended quality PT? I know that we can nit-pick about whatever to make a case for our favorite player or coaching decision, but damn! Does Ben Wallace, Jason Maxiell, J.J. and Austin Daye have to come up lame and on IR in order for Macklin to get a shot at starting a game with our "winners?" What's wrong with a frontline rotation of Monroe, Macklin, and Wallace? All things considered, they're our true bigs right now. Maxiell should be getting as much clock as CV is right now if Joe has no plans to move his ass. Ben is old and shouldn't be forced to play more than 12-15 minutes a game and that would be made possible if we can get a solid 20-25 minutes out of Macklin. As I watch the game I'm also looking at the body language of the bigs who're being counted on from night-to-night and they look funky to me; a growing disinterest in what's happening lead to two horrible things for athletes: #1. becoming injury prone #2. loosing their competitive edge. Some things can be put on Joe, but DNPCD's is Lil' Larry's province.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 am

deusXango wrote:Has anyone saw anything that Vernon Macklin does or doesn't do to preclude him from getting extended quality PT?

IMO, he wasn't a first round pick, so they couldn't care less.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Conventional Wisdom on Frank as Head Coach .. moving downward ..

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:13 am

deusXango wrote:Has anyone saw anything that Vernon Macklin does or doesn't do to preclude him from getting extended quality PT? I know that we can nit-pick about whatever to make a case for our favorite player or coaching decision, but damn! Does Ben Wallace, Jason Maxiell, J.J. and Austin Daye have to come up lame and on IR in order for Macklin to get a shot at starting a game with our "winners?" What's wrong with a frontline rotation of Monroe, Macklin, and Wallace? All things considered, they're our true bigs right now. Maxiell should be getting as much clock as CV is right now if Joe has no plans to move his ass. Ben is old and shouldn't be forced to play more than 12-15 minutes a game and that would be made possible if we can get a solid 20-25 minutes out of Macklin. As I watch the game I'm also looking at the body language of the bigs who're being counted on from night-to-night and they look funky to me; a growing disinterest in what's happening lead to two horrible things for athletes: #1. becoming injury prone #2. loosing their competitive edge. Some things can be put on Joe, but DNPCD's is Lil' Larry's province.

Good points DX .. Frank has done some dumb things or taken a lot of time to figure out they are dumb .. Playing Ben when we are down by infinity where we could at least see if Macklin has anything to develop .. is truly dumb..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Piston Shills

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:15 am

FlyDog wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

How can these writers sleep at night knowing they are camoflauging all that is wrong with the Pistons .. ??
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty WHOA BIG HOSS

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 am

"Before we can say Monroe is the MAN, he needs to bring it on the defensive boards every night. For me, it is difficult to determine how effective Monroe is as a passer on this team, because much of the time, none of the players move well without the basketball. I agree that once Detroit gets more capable players who are hungry players and not just going through the motions, Monroe's passing skills will have more value. Over most of the games, our bigs including Monroe, seem to be out of gas at the end of the 1st quarter. My bet is that Monroe will be a complete player next season and then he will be really fun to watch."

-Cool Breeze

If not Monroe, Don, then who? Who has worked harder on their game during the off season? Who brings size, skill, and intelligence to the team? Who is best fit for this franchise to build around now? If not Monroe, then who is the man? I hope you're not being contrary simply for the sake of coming off like Skip Bayliss.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 am

Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote:Has anyone saw anything that Vernon Macklin does or doesn't do to preclude him from getting extended quality PT?

IMO, he wasn't a first round pick, so they couldn't care less.
Why bother with second round draft picks then? Nothing is ever there is it? Oracle, Lil' Larry is f#@king up! Twisted Evil BIG TIME!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next