Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty F*****!

Post  Grizz Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:03 pm

KNIGHT HAS BROKEN NOSE!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Prince

Post  Grizz Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:57 pm

.. should never shoot another 3 point shot again in his career .. sheesh .. It doesnt even look like he thinks it will go in .. and it doesnt!

And then he finally makes one .. Thanks for making me look bad, Prince! Embarassed

Last edited by Grizz on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Monroe ..

Post  Grizz Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:05 pm

.. is one special player .. yeah ... no doubt about it now .. Dumars took the best player he could have .... Joe was right on that pick...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I just tuned in...

Post  Oracle Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Grizz wrote:KNIGHT HAS BROKEN NOSE!

How did THAT happen???
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Injury Report

Post  Grizz Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Oracle wrote:

How did THAT happen???

Knight went to get an offensive rebound right under the basket and a Hornet player's elbow went wham into his face ..

JJ just got revenge a bit for us by just now taking out a hornet player named Smith with an elbow.. and it almost looked like intentional .. Jmax took out another Hornet player .. named Landry .. by rolling over his knee on a scramble on the floor for a ball ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Maxiell

Post  Oracle Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Wow, he looks like a new dude!!!

BTW, thanks Grizz!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty He Does!

Post  Grizz Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Oracle wrote:Wow, he looks like a new dude!!!

BTW, thanks Grizz!

Oracle .. right ..Jmax ... even the Charlotte announcers are commenting that Jmax looks like the player he was in his rookie year .. fearless and strong ... Our bigs, Monore and Max won this game!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Grizz wrote:
Oracle wrote:

How did THAT happen???

Knight went to get an offensive rebound right under the basket and a Hornet player's elbow went wham into his face ..

JJ just got revenge a bit for us by just now taking out a hornet player named Smith with an elbow.. and it almost looked like intentional .. Jmax took out another Hornet player .. named Landry .. by rolling over his knee on a scramble on the floor for a ball ..
grizz,
that NO player was our old buddy, dujuan summers!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Grizz wrote:
Oracle wrote:Wow, he looks like a new dude!!!

BTW, thanks Grizz!

Oracle .. right ..Jmax ... even the Charlotte announcers are commenting that Jmax looks like the player he was in his rookie year .. fearless and strong ... Our bigs, Monore and Max won this game!
jmax is exactly the kind of player - athletic, physical - we have talked about needing. he has stepped up and provided that stuff himself.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Our Summers huh?/ Wow .. MJ picked him up for the Hornets? Thanks for the update Frankie

Post  Grizz Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:58 pm

frankied wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Oracle wrote:

How did THAT happen???

grizz,
that NO player was our old buddy, dujuan summers!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Langlois.........LOL. Nose Broken, "Streak" Not

Post  FlyDog Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:07 am

Somebody needs to tell kieth Langlois that 2 straight wins does not constitute a "Streak". I could flip a coin 2 times, and odds are 50/50 that it will come up on the same side both times. If he wants to see a streak, all he has to do is take Joe's panties out of his mouth and have a look-see.

I missed the game last night, which seems to be the key to the Pistons winning. Looks like Knight will be ready to go by our next game on Wednesday. The tough lil SOB wanted to finish out the game last night.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty QUICK.....

Post  deusXango Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:49 am

I need to know, who would you rather have in the draft, Harrison Barnes or Thomas Robinson? I want to get on the same page with sincere hope for the future.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty WHY, OH WHY?

Post  deusXango Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 am

Could we take a chance on a player like Fab Melo if we miss out on Drummond and Davis? Big body, shot blocker, and much cheaper than McGee to try out here.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty What about this trade?

Post  FireDumars Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Thinking Hornets stink, but they have several valuable assets to the Pistons.

I would really go hard after two underachieving, young players who play defense and can fit much needed C and SF positions in Detroit.

What about trading for
C Okafor
SF Aminu
???????

Okafor is a good rebounder and defender, a bit undersized at 6'10 and 250 for C, but it sure would be a significant upgrade over what we have, and would allow Monroe to move to his natural position PF.

Aminu was a top 10 pick, 2-years ago and has been rather disappointing so far, but he has size and is athletic, unlike our current overpaid SF in Prince.

Pistons could offer
Stuckey
Princess
as they would fit what NO needs
in addition adding CV would be a huge bonus. I would even consider offering Pistons #1 pick in a package for these two players.

Lineup could be:
Okafor
Monroe
Aminu
SG Next years draft choice(much easier to get a SG than a big in the draft)
Knight

A really good, young team that could develop.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the New Orleans game

Post  Fennis Dembo Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:48 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the New Orleans game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Coach Frank: This is some kind of wonderful winning two games in a row. I could really get used to it, a winning streak. What a concept!

Biff Burns: The stats for ex-Piston DaJuan Summers 2 points, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 TKO. Summers broke Brandon Knight's nose with an inadvertent elbow while battling for an offensive rebound.

The Detroit Pistons’ beat writers addressing the teams’ current two game winning streak: Bless you boys!

Joe Dumars: Maybe I could inspire the team by playing “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban.
Biff Burns: That really didn’t work out all that well when Rich Rodriguez tried it.
Joe Dumars: What happened?
Biff Burns: He was fired about a month later. Now he lives in the desert.
Joe Dumars: Wandering around like the Israelites?
Biff Burns: Not exactly. Okay, sure.
Joe Dumars: How about “You Light Up My Life” by Debbie Boone?
Biff Burns: Nix that! “Highway To Hell” by AC/DC is a far more appropriate theme song for this team.

Biff Burns: It was announced that Flo Rida will perform at halftime on Sunday, Feb. 19th when the Detroit Pistons host the Boston Celtics. He was actually their 9th choice. Al Aska, Cal Ifornia, Ida Ho, Dela Ware, Ari Zona, Ken Tucky, Al Abama and Mich Igan couldn’t make it.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty What about this trade?

Post  deusXango Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 pm

FireDumars wrote:Thinking Hornets stink, but they have several valuable assets to the Pistons.

I would really go hard after two underachieving, young players who play defense and can fit much needed C and SF positions in Detroit.

What about trading for
C Okafor
SF Aminu
???????

Okafor is a good rebounder and defender, a bit undersized at 6'10 and 250 for C, but it sure would be a significant upgrade over what we have, and would allow Monroe to move to his natural position PF.

Aminu was a top 10 pick, 2-years ago and has been rather disappointing so far, but he has size and is athletic, unlike our current overpaid SF in Prince.

Pistons could offer
Stuckey
Princess
as they would fit what NO needs
in addition adding CV would be a huge bonus. I would even consider offering Pistons #1 pick in a package for these two players.

Lineup could be:
Okafor
Monroe
Aminu
SG Next years draft choice(much easier to get a SG than a big in the draft)
Knight

A really good, young team that could develop.
The best I can say is, I think it sucks! I was and still am high on the potential of Al-Farouq, particularly his rebounding and defensive skills, but Okafor?! A high first round pick for Aminu and Okafor? No way. Okafor's production is nowhere near what his contract is calling for, and we currently have too many players of that ilk who, all things considered, are better suited to this team than Okafor. Why can't a team like the Hornets offer us their first round pick for some of our over-priced unwanteds? I would love to have their pick and ours going into this years draft, and you're absolutely right FireDumars, we do need an upgrade at shooting guard for Knight as much as we need an upgrade to pair with Monroe. I think whatever it takes to acquire another high to mid-range first round draft pick is the way to go.....if we get the pick, we've gotten rid of some un's (wanted or needed, you choose), and be on our way back to contention.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Frank L

Post  Grizz Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:34 pm

FlyDog wrote:Somebody needs to tell kieth Langlois that 2 straight wins does not constitute a "Streak". I could flip a coin 2 times, and odds are 50/50 that it will come up on the same side both times. If he wants to see a streak, all he has to do is take Joe's panties out of his mouth and have a look-see.

I missed the game last night, which seems to be the key to the Pistons winning. Looks like Knight will be ready to go by our next game on Wednesday. The tough lil SOB wanted to finish out the game last night.

Good one Fly .. lol lol lol
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Super Bowl Halftime

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Wow, I'm glad that's over!

I was scared to death that Madonna was going to break a hip or something. She sang open your heart, I'll make you love me!

I always thought her motto was I'll open my legs, and then make you love me.

Oh well, between the Pistons bring back Vanilla Ice, and the SuperBowl bring back Madonna, next year, we have to go one better!

Next year, we bring back corpses! Yeah, that's the ticket, let's dig up some dead singers and see how they can still shake that dirt off their...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty TWO GAMES is a STREAK........after all the losses we have had!....Hell to the yes it's a STREAK!!

Post  Rett Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:30 pm

FlyDog wrote:Somebody needs to tell kieth Langlois that 2 straight wins does not constitute a "Streak". I could flip a coin 2 times, and odds are 50/50 that it will come up on the same side both times. If he wants to see a streak, all he has to do is take Joe's panties out of his mouth and have a look-see.

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty WELL...I Like Madonna................why the diss?...because she's over 30??

Post  Rett Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Oracle wrote:Wow, I'm glad that's over!

I was scared to death that Madonna was going to break a hip or something. She sang open your heart, I'll make you love me!

I always thought her motto was I'll open my legs, and then make you love me.

Oh well, between the Pistons bring back Vanilla Ice, and the SuperBowl bring back Madonna, next year, we have to go one better!

Next year, we bring back corpses! Yeah, that's the ticket, let's dig up some dead singers and see how they can still shake that dirt off their...

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty ICE ICE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!......

Post  Rett Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:34 pm

hope Knight is doing okay....after that nasty blow!!

See...Rip CAN be replaced!... lol!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Why diss Madonna?...because she's over 50??

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Over 50 for a female singer is like 700 in human years!

Even Rodman isn't interested anymore, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Super Bowl

Post  Sparma Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:03 am

Rooting for Tom Brady as Michigan man more so than for New England, I felt Brady played quite well but was let down by his receivers on several drops in the late going, particularly the one by Welker that Collinsworth said he expected Wes would catch a 100 times out of a 100. Still a big night for UM with Manningham's amazing catch.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty HOW HE FITS DETROIT

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:15 am

"Detroit needs athletes, and Detroit needs defenders. Kidd-Gilchrist fits both of these bills.

"However, Detroit has a bigger need up front, and if they draft as high as I believe they will, they should be focusing on someone like Kidd-Gilchrist's teammate Davis or Connecticut's Andre Drummond.

"That being said, if Detroit can find a way to secure another lottery pick (not out of the question), then Kidd-Gilchrist would certainly be a fit.

"Furthermore, if for some reason Detroit slips in the draft, they could look at Kidd-Gilchrist if Davis, Drummond or Thomas Robinson are off the board.

"I like Kidd-Gilchrist as a player, and I like him for Detroit. He has the type of toughness and hustle that Detroit fans would love. If he can become more versatile on offense, the sky is the limit for him."

-the Bleacher Report

At 6' 7" could he be paired with Brandon Knight in the backcourt? If he could would it be worth pursueing another first round draft pick? GO PISTONS!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Why diss Madonna?...because she's over 50??

Post  WTF Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Oracle wrote:Over 50 for a female singer is like 700 in human years!

Even Rodman isn't interested anymore, LOL!

Don't tell me you wouldn't tap dat Oracle even at 50?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next