Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Sebatian, there you go again with one-sided trades... why on earth would Memphis move an allstar caliber player for our trash?... Tay is past his prime... Bynum chucks at a low %(terrible traits for a PG)... and CV?
Memphis is trying to compete right now... not wait a year or two for contracts to expire.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty THANKS MERC!!!

Post  deusXango Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:20 pm

merc wrote:DX, you made the Mlive piece...
[url=http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2012/07/detroit_pistons_fans_ukranian.html
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I feel like I've made the big time......not! The big time is kicking it with you guys about the home team, those "quotes" are nothing but fluff if they don't reach the ear of Mr. Gores, Dumars, and Lil' Larry.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty DX has gone Prime TIME!!

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Good Work DX. You have went Holly Wood around here! So can I get A job brother??? lol lol
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty We should hold our expections close for this season Grizz.

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Grizz, you have some really good points but I think we should not expect too much from the Pistons this season. Maybe 41 and 41 and That's A stretch. The reason why I say that is because we have young kids like Drummonds and A lot of new faces. It's going to take some time..

Playoffs are far off in my opinion right now. But A solid season with maybe Moose making the all star team and B.K 7 having A breakout season is not out of the question.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty SCOTT MACHADO

Post  deusXango Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:23 pm

That outlandish notion that Chauncey Billips would be "a great mentor" for Knight ain't gonna happen (as if he wanted to return to Detroit and have another go-round with Dumars), so can we put that baby to bed and get on with something practical? You mentor dummies; Stuckey needed mentoring, but he never got it (that's why he isn't our savior PG). Knight is a very smart young man, who is driven to excell at his professional craft; he will be just fine. The Moose doesn't have a mentor and he's showing improvement, as is Stuckey. All our young players need is a chance to play!

It's a crying shame that not only did Scott Machado go undrafted, but he didn't get an invite to play on our summer league team. It shouldn't be a question of can he play, because of where he played; a player is a player and that's proven on the court. Give him a chance and we may find that he's the Jeremy Lin story of 2012-13. He's bigger and much stronger than Will Bynum, and in all probability, would be the best facilitator, on the team, in a wide open, sped up game. He could be wrapped up for 4 years for less than what Bynum will make this year alone! This is the type PG to challange Knight in practices to make him better. That's all Knight needs is a challenge, not a mentor. We need a 4th guard with skills, that plays an unselfish game, and that should be Machado.

The only unsettled position on the team right now is SF, and oddly enough, we have an over abundance of SF's with varying skill sets. We know what Prince brings to the table, and we know the worth of Maggette to the team. By virtue of size and effort alone, Jerebko should have a spot, just as by the same measure, Daye should be gone! The summer league should be revealing as far as Singler and Middleton go, and hard decisions must be made for half of these guys should go (6 SF's on a 12 man roster). We need a backup PG more than an extra, extra SF.

With Drummond, Kravtsov, and Monroe capable centers; stuck with Villanueva and Maxiell as backups to the Moose at PF (it's a damn shame that we gotta wave bye-bye to Macklin and Gates), and our SG's are pretty much settled with Stuckey and English, how many SF's do we need carry? Now that we've got ample bigs, our most pressing need is floor generalship; Knight and ?????? I forget, Joe ain't through wheelin' and dealin'!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty We should hold our expections close for this season Grizz.

Post  deusXango Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:

Grizz, you have some really good points but I think we should not expect too much from the Pistons this season. Maybe 41 and 41 and That's A stretch. The reason why I say that is because we have young kids like Drummonds and A lot of new faces. It's going to take some time..

Playoffs are far off in my opinion right now. But A solid season with maybe Moose making the all star team and B.K 7 having A breakout season is not out of the question.

First off, thanks for the kind words Phillip, but you already got a job; you're the conscience of all that's right on this site.[Only admins are allowed to see this image] Seriously man, I appreciate 'ya. Leave m'man Grizz alone, he's just joining the bandwagon you and a very few others kept going when this team wasn't showing any signs of life, and dark clouds hung over all our heads. I've even softened my stand on Joe Dumars (not Lil' Larry yet) and jumped on the bandwagon. This is the east, and our potential is 10X's better than where we were last year. We have roster balance now, we've got a years experience with a stable backcourt, and the collective team talent has been upgraded. We've been down so long, we're afraid to look up. WAIT A MINUTE! I'm preaching to the choir. You of all people should know that we're way past individual accolades, and climbing to the top as a team. Don't loose hope PhillipBoy.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Rudy, Rudy, Rudy ....

Post  WTF Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

merc wrote:Sebatian, there you go again with one-sided trades... why on earth would Memphis move an allstar caliber player for our trash?... Tay is past his prime... Bynum chucks at a low %(terrible traits for a PG)... and CV?
Memphis is trying to compete right now... not wait a year or two for contracts to expire.

Sebastian, Merc and P-Boy both make valid points in that the trade is one sided, and that's a lot of salary to assume as well as my point is that he's not the right fit.

The Piston are pretty much in great position now considering where they're are right now with a very decent core to develope in Stuckey, Knight, Monroe, and Drummond. The only real concern is how Lil larry develope this team from this point on.

Right now the bulk of salary is committed to Stuckey no need adding salary for a player we really don't need unless that player is going to carry use deep into the playoffs, Rudy Gay is not that player.

Now I do think Memphis adding CV and Tay makes them better, but I would rather get back draft picks and expiring contracts in return oppose to a big salary on a player we don't need at the moment. Let's hope that players like JJ and Singler eventually fall into the role of starting SF.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Alright DX

Post  WTF Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 pm

deusXango wrote:
merc wrote:DX, you made the Mlive piece...
[url=http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2012/07/detroit_pistons_fans_ukranian.html

I feel like I've made the big time......not! The big time is kicking it with you guys about the home team, those "quotes" are nothing but fluff if they don't reach the ear of Mr. Gores, Dumars, and Lil' Larry.

Now you're ready to take over Goodwill's job tb
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Season Expectations

Post  Grizz Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm

deusXango wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:

First off, thanks for the kind words Phillip, but you already got a job; you're the conscience of all that's right on this site.[Only admins are allowed to see this image] Seriously man, I appreciate 'ya. Leave m'man Grizz alone, he's just joining the bandwagon you and a very few others kept going when this team wasn't showing any signs of life, and dark clouds hung over all our heads. I've even softened my stand on Joe Dumars (not Lil' Larry yet) and jumped on the bandwagon. This is the east, and our potential is 10X's better than where we were last year. We have roster balance now, we've got a years experience with a stable backcourt, and the collective team talent has been upgraded. We've been down so long, we're afraid to look up. WAIT A MINUTE! I'm preaching to the choir. You of all people should know that we're way past individual accolades, and climbing to the top as a team. Don't loose hope PhillipBoy.

DZ and Phillip, have we all reversed our roles? I expect Rhett to start calling for JD firing any day now Very Happy

DX, Actually .. Phillip is keeping it real .. For myself, I am not so much saying the Pistons will finish over 500 next season as saying that the Pistons in the weaker eastern conference have enough talent to finish over 500 IF IF IF .. Coach Frank is ready to hit the ground running as a team and as a coach who can teach the younger players how to improve their game. Frank did seem adrift sometimes as to how Brandon Knight was progressing as a PG, and how Stuckey alternated between so many highs and lows .. so many of us have some concerns about that whether he is a good Xs and Os Coach as well as a good Mentor HC. But thanks to Mr. Dumars recent successes, we are trending strong upward ... hoorah! dance
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:39 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
merc wrote:Sebatian, there you go again with one-sided trades... why on earth would Memphis move an allstar caliber player for our trash?... Tay is past his prime... Bynum chucks at a low %(terrible traits for a PG)... and CV?

Sebastian, Merc and P-Boy both make valid points in that the trade is one sided, and that's a lot of salary to assume as well as my point is that he's not the right fit.

The Piston are pretty much in great position now considering where they're are right now with a very decent core to develope in Stuckey, Knight, Monroe, and Drummond. The only real concern is how Lil larry develope this team from this point on.

Right now the bulk of salary is committed to Stuckey no need adding salary for a player we really don't need unless that player is going to carry use deep into the playoffs, Rudy Gay is not that player.

Now I do think Memphis adding CV and Tay makes them better, but I would rather get back draft picks and expiring contracts in return oppose to a big salary on a player we don't need at the moment. Let's hope that players like JJ and Singler eventually fall into the role of starting SF.

Wise wrote: Let's hope that players like JJ and Singler eventually fall into the role of starting SF.

Wise are you tripping ... WE will remain a mediocre lot, continually drafting from mid to late Lottery, if WE are looking to have Jerebko and/or Singler becoming OUR starting SF.

I can't take not playing in May, much longer.

Joe should trade: Tay, Daye, and CV for Rudy Gay, now!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty THE ANSWER TO OUR SF DILEMMA

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Sebastian, you got my blood up, so here I go again. Royce White! Houston has a glut of PF's, like we're over-stocked with SF's; trades need to be made by both teams. How about Will Bynum for the rights to Royce White? Houston needs a guard in the worst way now, and we don't need to be taking on a monster contract, like the one Rudy Gay has, particularly for what he brings to the table. If White wouldn't get on the plane, like a lot of you conjecture, we've got plenty of SF's to step in and play. If White plays, we've got a monster of a talent!

We'd have the best passing pair of forwards in the NBA in Monroe and White, not to mention their combined rebounding prowess. Our 7 footers will be "killing them" in the paint. Our perimeter players will shine as offensive forces because the majority of the offensive facilitation will be handled by our forwards. Imagine Stuckey and Maggette attacking the rim, and Knight and English bombing from the outside; why do we need Bynum? Don't get me wrong, I like Will, but he's not for this team. Trading for Rudy Gay would be a shot in the foot.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Sebastain

Post  WTF Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 pm

You simply can't have All-Star talent at all 5 starting position and expect them to all gel into this winning machine. There are 3 Top 10 draft picks on this team along with Stuckey in the starting line all that 's need is a glue guy, a strong role player with a lot of hustle and agressiveness on both ends. We have 4 SF thay all can play that role right now.

What this need is another big or additional picks. You're talking as if Gay can carry a team ala Kobe or Lebron and he can't.

The last team that almost had 5 All Stars in it starting lineup was the 2005 Pistons, but that was a unique group of players, a different breed of players. Gay is not this kind of player.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Brand

Post  WTF Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:33 pm

If I was Joe I would be all over this. They can have Brand on the cheap now that the 76'ers have amnesty his contract, Brand just became the most wanted player out there IMO if one of the contenders don't grab him up first.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty I can't believe my eyes!

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:18 pm

WISEFAN wrote:You simply can't have All-Star talent at all 5 starting position and expect them to all gel into this winning machine. There are 3 Top 10 draft picks on this team along with Stuckey in the starting line all that 's need is a glue guy, a strong role player with a lot of hustle and agressiveness on both ends. We have 4 SF thay all can play that role right now.

What this need is another big or additional picks. You're talking as if Gay can carry a team ala Kobe or Lebron and he can't.

The last team that almost had 5 All Stars in it starting lineup was the 2005 Pistons, but that was a unique group of players, a different breed of players. Gay is not this kind of player.

Look at the Sour Cynical little Prick trying to act like he knows the game of basketball! Shocked Shocked

I can't believe it!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 pm

deusXango wrote:Sebastian, you got my blood up, so here I go again. Royce White! Houston has a glut of PF's, like we're over-stocked with SF's; trades need to be made by both teams. How about Will Bynum for the rights to Royce White? Houston needs a guard in the worst way now, and we don't need to be taking on a monster contract, like the one Rudy Gay has, particularly for what he brings to the table. If White wouldn't get on the plane, like a lot of you conjecture, we've got plenty of SF's to step in and play. If White plays, we've got a monster of a talent!

We'd have the best passing pair of forwards in the NBA in Monroe and White, not to mention their combined rebounding prowess. Our 7 footers will be "killing them" in the paint. Our perimeter players will shine as offensive forces because the majority of the offensive facilitation will be handled by our forwards. Imagine Stuckey and Maggette attacking the rim, and Knight and English bombing from the outside; why do we need Bynum? Don't get me wrong, I like Will, but he's not for this team. Trading for Rudy Gay would be a shot in the foot.

Yo, DX and others, thanks for slapping me back to my senses. I was about to jump.

[Although, I still believe WE are a much, much better team with Rudy as OUR starting SF.]

But, the truth of the matter is that changes need to be made at the SF position. Six small forwards on a basketball roster is like having two quarterbacks that get equal time on the field. It is a recipe for disaster.

Joe needs to look at Portland and move Tay for maybe two future 2nd round picks, especially since Batum may not be matched. on July 11 amnesty Charlie V. Use the money gained from moving Tay for future picks and amnestying Charlie V. and put a competitive bid on Jeff Green.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty RE: I can't believe my eyes!

Post  WTF Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:You simply can't have All-Star talent at all 5 starting position and expect them to all gel into this winning machine. There are 3 Top 10 draft picks on this team along with Stuckey in the starting line all that 's need is a glue guy, a strong role player with a lot of hustle and agressiveness on both ends. We have 4 SF thay all can play that role right now.

Look at the Sour Cynical little Prick trying to act like he knows the game of basketball! Shocked Shocked

I can't believe it!

Shat Up Sour Pee Boy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Ray Allen to sign with Miami Heat

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 am

Well, he finally jumped ship, to get another 'Ship!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Lots of NBA movement

Post  Grizz Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:18 am

Oracle wrote:Well, he finally jumped ship, to get another 'Ship!!!

Oracle, nice quote ... Hmmm .. I cannot see any player worth respecting being ripped off in the play-offs by Stern's crooked refs and then just deciding to join the corruption. Good luck with that! And the Heat want to get older and still dont give a durn about a post game? I guess when the NBA Commisioner has your back, you can make ANY move and feel good about it.

Nets sign D WILL for 98 million! The Nets are Fools! The guy has no determination or sense of teamwork.

Nash to the Lakers .... Impressed how old Nash is and still able to dish out the passes .. Still cannot defend though .. This may help bring tinheart D HOWARD, to the Lakers, and feel with Kobe barking at him, he may actually play a lot harder and a lot smarter ... So the Magic want Bynum from the Lakers but D Howard wants to go to the Brooklyn Nets for some godawful unexplainable reasons. I guess it does give the Lakers a legit shot at contending but the most important GM move would be a romantic one on Stern to get that extra edge, the 3 zebra guys, you need in the play-offs. Come on Mitch! You're a Hollywood guy now right?

Kidd to the Knicks .... Gee .. another over 80 player jumping ship for .... what?. In what way is this a better situation for Kidd than retirement? Certainly the Knicks are showing their desperation and stupidity. Does this mean the Knicks are going to allow Linn to sign as a FA to Rockets? Rockets GM has been making a lot of good moves lately that may pay off. Linn may not be much better than an average PG but all signs are he is at least better than OLD Kidd right now.

The more you look at the state of a lot of NBA teams, the more you have to conclude the Pistons are just about as good or better IF their head coach is worth a damn ...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:02 am

Grizz wrote:Kidd to the Knicks .... Gee .. another over 80 player jumping ship for .... what?. In what way is this a better situation for Kidd than retirement? Certainly the Knicks are showing their desperation and stupidity. Does this mean the Knicks are going to allow Linn to sign as a FA to Rockets? Rockets GM has been making a lot of good moves lately that may pay off. Linn may not be much better than an average PG but all signs are he is at least better than OLD Kidd right now.

The Knicks matched the offer for Lin. So you gotta figure Lin will start, and Kidd will act as Lin's personal coach and mentor, and back-up PG. All in all, that's not such a bad idea. Kidd is a shoo-in HOFer after all.

Along those lines, I see the Clips re-signed Chauncey. Crying or Very sad Chauncey would have been a nice personal coach and mentor to Brandon Knight.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Thoughts

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 am

Grizz, has Houston made a lot of good moves, or a lot of moves. I wonder if they are in a bit of panic after (1) not parlaying 3 mid first round draft picks into a top pick, and (2) failing to attract D. Howard. As you say it may all work out.

Does JMax look like a 3rd string C at this point. (behind Drummond & Russian)

Does JJ look like a 3rd string PF at this point. (behind Monroe & CV)

Does Middleton look like the odd man out at this point. (unless we don't use the mid-level exception for a FA)

I hope English is as good as his FG% indicates. A bomber and a slasher (WillieB) could rekindle memories of the Alternatorz.

We are short a guard. (we typically carry 5)

On paper the Lakeshow looks pretty formidable. Can Mike Brown reshape the offense to best utilize Nash?

At this point in our rebuilding are we most like the last year of George Irvine, or the first year of Rick Carlisle.

Why did we go into a summer league that has no video feed.

I'm liking BK's growth under the coaching staff. I think he's past the point of needing a veteran mentor.

Was Drummond allowed early exit from high school cause he is really smart?

Last edited by lemonpen on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct an error)
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty True !

Post  Grizz Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:04 am

Murph wrote:
Grizz wrote:Kidd to the Knicks .... Gee .. another over 80 player jumping ship for .... what?. In what way is this a better situation for Kidd than retirement? Certainly the Knicks are showing their desperation and stupidity. Does this mean the Knicks are going to allow Linn to sign as a FA to Rockets? Rockets GM has been making a lot of good moves lately that may pay off. Linn may not be much better than an average PG but all signs are he is at least better than OLD Kidd right now.

The Knicks matched the offer for Lin. So you gotta figure Lin will start, and Kidd will act as Lin's personal coach and mentor, and back-up PG. All in all, that's not such a bad idea. Kidd is a shoo-in HOFer after all.

Along those lines, I see the Clips re-signed Chauncey. Crying or Very sad Chauncey would have been a nice personal coach and mentor to Brandon Knight.

Right Murph .. I guess the Knicks are not so dumb afterall .. Kidd has a lot to offer as a mentor .. I too, of course, wish Chauncey could have ended up in a mentor roll ( I mean "role" .. rolls get eaten fast by the big boy in charge!) lol in Detroit to both Stuckey and to Knight .. It is now clear there is some bad feelings between Joe and Chauncy that predate the trade .. In CB's mind, just the way the trade was handled (no sayonara excuse me and thanks for everythingtalk from Joe before the AI disasterous trade) .. and the number 1 team number giveaways twice since CB left, are surely proof Joe basically wants to communicate to CB that CB's time here should be forgotten and not respected. That has to make CB feel like shit since Detroit Pistons run was the Highlight of his career. Why Joe has it in for CB is a good question. I guess: (1) Joe blames CB for the play-offs that fell short of championships and (2) he blames CB for wanting Flip to become the head coach of the Pistons. I dont think either is valid and there may be other reasons why Joe and CB ended up with bad blood between them. Oh well .. if Isiah Thomas can be made to feel unwelcome in Detroit by the powers that presently and previously run / ran the Pistons, then I guess C Billups is in great company. Hope there is some reconciliation at some point, as with Ben Wallace the past few years. It just sucks to see players who were the leaders of the Pistons, not to mention the Championship Detroit Pistons, to be effin outcasts! This is just plain UNACCEPTABLE and would like GORE to take charge in getting both these captains honored in Detroit. Both of these players who sacrificed and laid it all on the line while leading the Pistons to NBA championships, deserve a shot at working for the Pistons in some degree in the future, whenever they wish. Sort of reminds me (though I. Thomas' and especially CB's treatment are far worse) of Mickey Lolich sitting in the bleachers for the deciding game of the 1984 World Series. Some players are eternal heroes and they deserve to be effin honored or basically management is acting as a horseshit organization and bad will come of it soon or late.

Last edited by Grizz on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Lots of NBA movement

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:09 am

Grizz wrote:
The more you look at the state of a lot of NBA teams, the more you have to conclude the Pistons are just about as good or better IF their head coach is worth a damn ...

Can't agree with you more Grizz, a lot of teams seem to be making trades and signings just to be making them, unlike our Pistons who made one trade to the benefit of the team, and one FA signing; a young, seasoned, athletic, defensive, 7 footer who we desparately needed. Summer league is coming up, which should be revealing, and the outcome of our upcoming season is clearly on the coach. I do hope I can stop calling "Opie" Lil' Larry, and start calling him coach Frank.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Oh DX ... We do agree!

Post  Grizz Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 am

deusXango wrote:
Grizz wrote:

Can't agree with you more Grizz, a lot of teams seem to be making trades and signings just to be making them, unlike our Pistons who made one trade to the benefit of the team, and one FA signing; a young, seasoned, athletic, defensive, 7 footer who we desparately needed. Summer league is coming up, which should be revealing, and the outcome of our upcoming season is clearly on the coach. I do hope I can stop calling "Opie" Lil' Larry, and start calling him coach Frank.

DX, please reread what I wrote because I am saying what you are saying .. those moves dont mean much and the Pistons are on the rise .. I was criticizing much of the moves if you read between the lines..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty We do agree!

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 am

Grizz wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Grizz wrote:

DX, please reread what I wrote because I am saying what you are saying .. those moves dont mean much and the Pistons are on the rise .. I was criticizing much of the moves if you read between the lines..

Have a cup of coffee on me Bro'.[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Moves

Post  WTF Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:46 am

Kind of hard to make sense of all the moves at this point with 4 more days before FA signings and 4 month away from training camp.

Believe it or not both LA and NY actually upgraded the area they need to most they both were lacking a PG to facilitate their offenses even though both Kidd and Nash are up in age theses are great moves.

Houston always seem to be stuck in the same mode each year, you never know if they're rebuilding on the cusp of being a contender. They're almost like a great farm team for the rest of the league.

The Clipper move was great in re-signing Billups and getting Crawford in free agency. Hard to look down a backcourt of CB, Paul and Crawford. If CB was younger it would look like Zeke, Joe and Vinny.

Miami getting Allen not really a big deal, it will be their recruiting of refs that will put them ahead of the field of teams contending.

As for our own Detroit team dumping Ben Gordon salary was the move of free agency, I think now they should bid on the services of Brand once amnestied by the Sixers. I think Joe has one more move to make prior to training camp just to clear some roster spots. I've already have in mind what 15 players I want to see under contract. Front-Court: Drummond, Monroe, Ukrainian, Charlie, Brand, JJ, Singler, Maggette, Macklin and maybe Tay Back-Court: Stuckey, Knight, English, Middleton and a veteran FA SG preferrably (don't frown) Arenas or Redd

I like all the player movement too this point and Joe should look to take advantage of these moves to dump JMax, Bynum, and Daye if for nothing more than future draft pick.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next