Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Don & Biff Burns

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:39 pm

You both are on to something, but neither of you have closed the deal!

Biff reports that Stuckey caught his poor performance from CV, by touching something and not washing off his hands!

Don reports on the father/son relationship between Frank & Bynum.

Notice a trend?

It's the Sanduskization of the Pistons!!!

Give me a break, Stuckey didn't get this problem from innocent touching!

Then there's Frank & Bynum! Come on folks, these guys were drawn together because they're the only two on the team that can physically see eye to eye.

IMO, we need to watch who on this team slips off to San Francisco on this west coast trip... just saying!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Oh

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Go Lions!!!!

21-0 lead at halftime!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty WHY I'M READY TO HANG FRANK'S ASS OUT TO DRY

Post  deusXango Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:52 pm

"...the sample size for saying he should be fired is way too small, even if the trend lines aren't good.

Seriously, the minimum sample size, IMO, is 20 games, and even then you have to look at the overall direction of the team, not so much the record."

Oracle, you said it, and I agree. The sample size is too small, if you consider this year alone, but there is a continuing pattern of ineptness where it comes to deploying big men (not to be confused with fat men) that extends back to the first 1/3 of last season. Last year Vernon Macklin sat and sat, but when he was given brief opportunities to play, he rebounded, played well with Monroe, and never hurt the team. You can make a case for Lil' Larry's decision because Macklin is no longer in the league, but last year we didn't have a 6' 10", 240 lb. rebounding machine to pair with Monroe. (His stint in the D-league proved he was a rebounding machine.) CV? Please! This year, and I'm counting the preseason, Andre Drummond has recieved pretty much the same treatment as Macklin did last year (once you consider where they were drafted, Drummond is treated worse than Macklin). Slava Krastov is also getting the Macklin treatment. All this in favor of featuring Maxiell in the starting lineup as our PF. This ain't about Macklin, or Drummond, or Krastov, it's about Monroe! Greg Monroe the 1st big man that we drafted in a long time, that was worth 2 cents, who came in and did work, improved his game, and has kept his head down and mouth shut....where's his help? When will he be paired with a real big, and not an inconsistent wanna be big? As you stated, the overall direction of the team shouldn't be based on the record alone, as much as where the team is actually going. We played .500 ball with Maxiell, after a horrific start, but are we heading toward contention with Maxiell as our starting PF? Hell no! That suggests to me that we're going nowhere. Until Lil' Larry stops his Capt. Bligh imitation, and start following the principals of successful coaches in the league, we're wasting time with him.

I ain't gonna dog Brandon Knight, our only dedicated gym rat, smart as a whip, combo guard candidate; who took him under their wing when he came to Detroit? Rodney Stuckey, that's who! What could he possibly pass on to this young man about playing the PG position? Seeing things developing on the floor? Sharing the ball? Getting his team mates involved? I'm not even going to get into professionalism (refusing to enter the game on a night when all the team dignitarys were out for a jersey retirement). Wild-eyed drives to the basket, senseless dribbling at the top of the key (between the legs for dramatic effect for those that were impressed), and generally ignoring the team mates who were down the floor on breaks, that's the sum total of what could be passed on to Knight. To his credit, he hasn't gone down that path, but he hasn't learned anything; this is why I've questioned the worth of Dee Brown. What can he teach Knight about the PG position that Stuckey can't?

Lil' Larry and his whole crew has got to go. With all the money Gores invests in nonsense surrounding the game, he shouldn't mind eating "Opie's" contract....the coach he hired over the protestations of his GM. Bring Laimbeer back from the Liberty, and give him a chance in the head chair, and see what he can make of the big men we have; respect his input on team personel Joe, this was your boy at one time.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty How about this as the test?

Post  Grizz2 Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 pm

deusXango wrote:"...the sample size for saying he should be fired is way too small, even if the trend lines aren't good.

Seriously, the minimum sample size, IMO, is 20 games, and even then you have to look at the overall direction of the team, not so much the record."

Oracle, you said it, and I agree. The sample size is too small, if you consider this year alone, but there is a continuing pattern of ineptness where it comes to deploying big men (not to be confused with fat men) that extends back to the first 1/3 of last season. Last year Vernon Macklin sat and sat, but when he was given brief opportunities to play, he rebounded, played well with Monroe, and never hurt the team. You can make a case for Lil' Larry's decision because Macklin is no longer in the league, but last year we didn't have a 6' 10", 240 lb. rebounding machine to pair with Monroe. (His stint in the D-league proved he was a rebounding machine.) CV? Please! This year, and I'm counting the preseason, Andre Drummond has recieved pretty much the same treatment as Macklin did last year (once you consider where they were drafted, Drummond is treated worse than Macklin). Slava Krastov is also getting the Macklin treatment. All this in favor of featuring Maxiell in the starting lineup as our PF. This ain't about Macklin, or Drummond, or Krastov, it's about Monroe! Greg Monroe the 1st big man that we drafted in a long time, that was worth 2 cents, who came in and did work, improved his game, and has kept his head down and mouth shut....where's his help? When will he be paired with a real big, and not an inconsistent wanna be big? As you stated, the overall direction of the team shouldn't be based on the record alone, as much as where the team is actually going. We played .500 ball with Maxiell, after a horrific start, but are we heading toward contention with Maxiell as our starting PF? Hell no! That suggests to me that we're going nowhere. Until Lil' Larry stops his Capt. Bligh imitation, and start following the principals of successful coaches in the league, we're wasting time with him.

I ain't gonna dog Brandon Knight, our only dedicated gym rat, smart as a whip, combo guard candidate; who took him under their wing when he came to Detroit? Rodney Stuckey, that's who! What could he possibly pass on to this young man about playing the PG position? Seeing things developing on the floor? Sharing the ball? Getting his team mates involved? I'm not even going to get into professionalism (refusing to enter the game on a night when all the team dignitarys were out for a jersey retirement). Wild-eyed drives to the basket, senseless dribbling at the top of the key (between the legs for dramatic effect for those that were impressed), and generally ignoring the team mates who were down the floor on breaks, that's the sum total of what could be passed on to Knight. To his credit, he hasn't gone down that path, but he hasn't learned anything; this is why I've questioned the worth of Dee Brown. What can he teach Knight about the PG position that Stuckey can't?

Lil' Larry and his whole crew has got to go. With all the money Gores invests in nonsense surrounding the game, he shouldn't mind eating "Opie's" contract....the coach he hired over the protestations of his GM. Bring Laimbeer back from the Liberty, and give him a chance in the head chair, and see what he can make of the big men we have; respect his input on team personel Joe, this was your boy at one time.

DX and Don .. standing with you on this one .... So if Frank is a good coach ... then the Pistons will win at least 1 game on this road trip ...Would that be a fair test? .. Win one of your first 7 games? Win 14% of your games, is that too high a standard? lol Actually .. I dont care if the Pistons win 10% of their games this year .. the real test of a good coach FOR THIS SEASON is developing the young players .. not to be a feel-good-about-your playing time season for some nearly washed up or never were any good veterans .. Seriously ... Why would you NOT want to develop young players of Drummond, Singler, English and Kravstov? And Monroe is getting exposed a bit at center anyway ... Newsflash pro-Frank fans ... we are going to lose either way .. we get nothing out of playing a bunch of vets who have no future .. If Frank does not realize this alone, he is a lousy coach .. Should we bring back Wilkins and Russell Jr to complete the scene? lol
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty WhadIMiss???

Post  Murph Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Just got power and cable back up about 30 min ago. Man...that sucked. Sad

I've been experiencing a complete media blackout, but I'm guessing the Pistons are playing reasonably well, in the midst of a very tough schedule?

Can't wait to see the game tonight.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty WHEW!!!

Post  deusXango Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Murph, glad that you're okay, and that eveybody in your circle of love is well also. You strike me as a trooper and survivor, so I know you can handle this; watch the game tonight. Barring a miracle tonight, you'll see what has Pistons fans everywhere up-in-arms. Of course if Mike Brown gets out-coached by Lil' Larry tonight, I expect Mitch Kupchak to fire him right on the floor (right after Magic Johnson bitch slaps him). Welcome back Murph!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Holy Heffers!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Murph wrote:Just got power and cable back up about 30 min ago. Man...that sucked. Sad

I've been experiencing a complete media blackout, but I'm guessing the Pistons are playing reasonably well, in the midst of a very tough schedule?

Can't wait to see the game tonight.

That Sandy was a real bitch!!!

As they say, any hurricane or tropical storm you emerge from with limbs intack, count yourself lucky!

You missed a lot of teeth gnashing over Frank's dumb statements and even dumber coaching, but you're a big boy, and can handle that, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty DX & Grizz

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Ok, I have you two down for firing "Beans & Frank", the sooner the better, and I do respect that opinion, and there is an argument for it.

I'm just sticking with giving him more rope and letting him prove he either belongs or doesn't.

I'm not liking what I'm seeing, but anything can happen.

I hope he sees the futility of playing Monroe against Howard, and he unleashes his only two centers in a tag team attack on him!

Let's face it, IMO, Drummond has the potential to be better defensively than Howard, and for us, he only needs to be half as productive offensively.

I also think it's time to see what the Russian can do against NBA talent. What's the point of waiting... for what?

Maxiell should see limited minutes in this one, and only if they allow drawfs on the floor. Between Howard & Gasol, we need size to compete!

If Frank doesn't use his size tonight, that's a serious nail in his coffin, IMO!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Respect

Post  Grizz3 Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Oracle, Cynic and others ..

Definitely respect for wanting to wait longer as well here ,,, Your view is logical as well .. And to be honest .. I am not saying Prince and the old guys should never play either ... I just think the focus is backwards .... All the Pistons Brass should recognize that this is a team in development and arrange things accordingly ...

And I mean it when I say if Frank gets the Pistons to win even one game on this trip .. it means he has something going for him as a head coach ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, TOO

Post  deusXango Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Grizz3 wrote:And I mean it when I say if Frank gets the Pistons to win even one game on this trip .. it means he has something going for him as a head coach ..

And if he don't? The smart money going into the season said that two games should be expected, but if he don't win one, what?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Losing Ugly

Post  Sparma2 Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:23 pm

If you're a halfway decent NBA team and you have little offensive flow, aren't you supposed to have a solid defense? Looking disorganized on offense as well as sievy on D is scary. What are the odds against the Pistons breaking through tonight?

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Losing Butt Ugly

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Sparma2 wrote:If you're a halfway decent NBA team and you have little offensive flow, aren't you supposed to have a solid defense? Looking disorganized on offense as well as sievy on D is scary. What are the odds against the Pistons breaking through tonight?

Guard play is in the toilet, and the Lakers are abusing our fake frontcourt down low!

Maxiell is the only bright spot, because he's hitting midrange jumpers!

We NEED some size in the game!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty How can you spot a REAL Pistons fan?

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:09 pm

It's a fan that will watch this game from start to finish!!!

This is BRUTAL so far!

These guys appear to have NO Coaching, no plan, and sadly, very little talent!

This display is embarrassing, I really hope it gets better!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty How can you spot a REAL Sleepy Pistons fan?

Post  WTF Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Sleep This game sucks I'm gone to bed
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Message from Mike Brown to Piston Nation

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:43 pm

OMG, Piston Nation, I LOVE you guys!!!

You fuckers, er., I mean gentlemen have saved my job!

I wish I could schedule these chumps, er., I mean your highly competitive team every night!

Who said 82-0 isn't possible? We feel like it's possible after playing these Pistons!

Thank you, and my apologies that we had to tag that "L" on your sorry asses, but you EARNED it!

Sincerly,

Mike Brown, King of the World
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Then Fire Frank

Post  Grizz3 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm

DX wrote: And if he don't? The smart money going into the season said that two games should be expected, but if he don't win one, what?

Reply .. FIRE HIS ASS ... assuming you can find someone to bring in halfway decent .. But the main point is .. are our young players being given the focus.. regardless of whether they start ... ????? APPARENTLY NOT ... and WE STILL SUCK with the VETS ... There is ZERO benefit in making our priorities for the VETS to get their minutes .. There is NEGATIVE DAMAGE if we make playing the youth dependent on progress in practice or on the court ..... That is the whole point .. They the young guns cannot get better until they get signficant minutes in an organized progressive fashion with positive feedback and remedial practice at practices .... What we dont want is the Head Coach to throw up his hands say no young player will play until he is absolutely better than the VETS .. NOR .. do we want to bench the young player the first few times he makes a mistake or misses an assignment .. Still want Laimbeer first and foremost .. He couldnt be any worse ... but open to other suggestions definitely ... Oh for Carlisle or Collins or Brown nowadays ... facepalm

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty DEPENDS ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT

Post  deusXango Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Oracle wrote:
These guys appear to have NO Coaching, no plan, and sadly, very little talent!

I think a little talent goes a long way, with SOME coaching, and a sound plan. The problem really is, we have some talent (not being used), and some trade pieces (not being used), that are not able to give their best, for some odd reason. The Palace needs a thorough housecleaning (coach and GM).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty One more thing ...

Post  Grizz3 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Dumars did not want Frank hired .. he wanted Woodson who is off to a blazing start with the Knicks ... (of course I someway dumbly didnt want Woodson either) This is on the owner and his SPECIAL ED advisor ...

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Nightcap

Post  Sparma2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 am

I trust you're rethinking your support for that crazy Gordon trade, Oracle. That's the kind of trade you might make if you're on the cusp on being a contender, not when you clearly in need of gathering young talent.

With Blaha, I'm happy to celebrate the possibilities of Jerebko and English, but ultimately those guys have the ceilings of most fine 2nd round picks.

Frank should go. His promise was to instill a tough defensive mindset in spite of the ugly offense. Hasn't happened.

And in spite of tonight's performance, the Lakers should be begging Phil Jackson to return for just one more season or two.... Nash needs to be put to better use when he returns for the team to have a chance to fare well deep into the playoffs.

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 am

Sparma2 wrote:I trust you're rethinking your support for that crazy Gordon trade, Oracle. That's the kind of trade you might make if you're on the cusp on being a contender, not when you clearly in need of gathering young talent.

With Blaha, I'm happy to celebrate the possibilities of Jerebko and English, but ultimately those guys have the ceilings of most fine 2nd round picks.

Frank should go. His promise was to instill a tough defensive mindset in spite of the ugly offense. Hasn't happened.

And in spite of tonight's performance, the Lakers should be begging Phil Jackson to return for just one more season or two.... Nash needs to be put to better use when he returns for the team to have a chance to fare well deep into the playoffs.

Not for one second do I rethink the Gordon move. However, my conditions still hold for doing it, and if met, we'll get the pick back.

However, I do question making that move and not playing the youngsters. Otherwise, what's the point?

On Twitter they're calling the Pistons one of the worst teams in the league, and we're doing nothing to make liars out of them.

This was as bad a loss as I've ever seen! The only positives I saw were Singler, English, and Drummond. Singler is WAY better than I thought, and English works hard on defense, and can hit the 3 pointer. Drummond didn't look all that great, but I was happy to see him get the experience of going against Howard & Gasol.

I like Bynum, but this was one of those games where he's a complete waste of floor space. Knight & Monroe continue to look like talentless rookies, and Stuckey? Holy shit, can it get any worse? I keep saying that, and it keeps getting worse!

If things don't get better real quick, we may be approaching a situation so bad that drastic action will need to be taken!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 am

man, what a pathetic display. Gores sitting courtside got a good look at the real lil Larry tonight. Frank's starting lineup that he said was too soon to change got outscored 81-26 tonight. Great call sticking with your guys, Frank. It paid huge dividends tonight. Maybe Gores will reward you with a pink slip for your genius coaching moves.

Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 am

This ass whipping was so bad the Lakers starting giving any fans wearing Laker jersey playing time. . Howard has a Dunk Fest while we leave a trio of 6'11 guys on the bench gathering dust and collectively at least 13 million in salarie. I say that speaks badly of Gores, Dumars and Frank.

I'm not sold on Knight at all, he's as about as wild as Stuckey going to the basket and not even close to being able to run an offense. Speaking of Stuckey, any trade value he might of had is surely depleting with each missed shot.

Larry screwed himself this game by sticking to this dumb ass starting lineup. There's no way CV and the Ukrainian doesn't get PT this game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:32 am

WISEFAN wrote:This ass whipping was so bad the Lakers starting giving any fans wearing Laker jersey playing time. . Howard has a Dunk Fest while we leave a trio of 6'11 guys on the bench gathering dust and collectively at least 13 million in salarie. I say that speaks badly of Gores, Dumars and Frank.

I'm not sold on Knight at all, he's as about as wild as Stuckey going to the basket and not even close to being able to run an offense. Speaking of Stuckey, any trade value he might of had is surely depleting with each missed shot.

Larry screwed himself this game by sticking to this dumb ass starting lineup. There's no way CV and the Ukrainian doesn't get PT this game.

Cynic .. Agree with ya .. CV and Kravstok should have played .... I just have no hope in the line up that Frank is using .. iT does not make sense if your goal were to win.. It also doesnt make sense if your goal were to develop young players .. DOUBLE STUPID! ... I truly believe each game from here on that Frank is allowed to coach.. is one game closer for all our young players to end up like Stuckey .. end the madness .. end Frank's turn at the wheel ..

Also was annoyed with Prince's comment that the team lost because we are so young .. BS! That game goes beyond losing .. It should not go just as a LOSS but as a SURRENDER to STUPIDITY ...

This makes it 3 straight clown coaches!!!! .. CURRY jocolor ... Kuester jocolor .. Frank .. jocolor
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty DONT START PRINCE ANYMORE .. BENCH!

Post  Grizz2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 am

SINGLER AND JJ PROVED THEY ARE BETTER THAN PRINCE TODAY ... END OF STORY .. PRINCE MOVES LIKE HE IS 85 YEARS OLD .. but I feel like DBED posting on Jmax .. I would rather remember Prince as he was .. not as he is ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Grizz

Post  WTF Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 am

Grizz2 wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:This ass whipping was so bad the Lakers starting giving any fans wearing Laker jersey playing time. . Howard has a Dunk Fest while we leave a trio of 6'11 guys on the bench gathering dust and collectively at least 13 million in salarie. I say that speaks badly of Gores, Dumars and Frank.

Cynic .. Agree with ya .. CV and Kravstok should have played .... I just have no hope in the line up that Frank is using .. iT does not make sense if your goal were to win.. It also doesnt make sense if your goal were to develop young players .. DOUBLE STUPID! ... I truly believe each game from here on that Frank is allowed to coach.. is one game closer for all our young players to end up like Stuckey .. end the madness .. end Frank's turn at the wheel ..

Also was annoyed with Prince's comment that the team lost because we are so young .. BS! That game goes beyond losing .. It should not go just as a LOSS but as a SURRENDER to STUPIDITY ...

This makes it 3 straight clown coaches!!!! .. CURRY jocolor ... Kuester jocolor .. Frank .. jocolor

It's obvious that the organization is under some fucking dumb illusion that JMax is some version of a 27 year old Big Ben, but even Big Ben would have had his hands full with Gasol, Howard and Jamison. If there was ever a game to toss Drummond to the wolves often and early it was this game. I would have played Drummond/Monroe 48 minutes or until they fouled out.

If this is our future frontcourt they'll be looking at Gasol and Howard at the next 3 seasons.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next