Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:By the way. B.Knight will be A NBA Super Star. This kid has everything you want in A leader.

Smart, hard worker, fast learner, dead eye shooter, stand up guy, stays out of trouble. B.Knight is the type of guy I will go into battle with And feel good about my chances to win.

Everybody talking about the Moose and Dre the big Kid. And so we should. Two twin towers usually equals Dynasty.

But B.Knight will be the star of this group and the leader moving forward. B.Knight will also develop into the closer.

Agreed!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty PBoy Is Always A Damn Fool

Post  WTF Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:By the way. B.Knight will be A NBA Super Star. This kid has everything you want in A leader.

Smart, hard worker, fast learner, dead eye shooter, stand up guy, stays out of trouble. B.Knight is the type of guy I will go into battle with And feel good about my chances to win.

Everybody talking about the Moose and Dre the big Kid. And so we should. Two twin towers usually equals Dynasty.

But B.Knight will be the star of this group and the leader moving forward. B.Knight will also develop into the closer.

No Knight will not be a Super Star, who in the hell you think we drafted? Zeke or Magic. He may eventually become an All Star player in the league. But he is not a Super Star in the making, if he was one he'll already be playing a Zeke and Magic level during their rookie seasons. You're such a cheerleader Piss Boy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty B. Knight

Post  Sebastian Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

No Knight will not be a Super Star, who in the hell you think we drafted? Zeke or Magic. He may eventually become an All Star player in the league. But he is not a Super Star in the making, if he was one he'll already be playing a Zeke and Magic level during their rookie seasons. You're such a cheerleader Piss Boy

Not taking up for P. Boy, but B. Knight was the only Piston to play every game during the grueling, shorten season last year. The kid did have a respectable rookie campaign (12.8 pts, 3.8 ast, 3.2 rbs per game) and as crazy as it sounds, truth be told, he is OUR leader going forward.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Sebastian

Post  WTF Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

Not taking up for P. Boy, but B. Knight was the only Piston to play every game during the grueling, shorten season last year. The kid did have a respectable rookie campaign (12.8 pts, 3.8 ast, 3.2 rbs per game) and as crazy as it sounds, truth be told, he is OUR leader going forward.

That still doesn't say "Super Star" respectable doesn't indicate Super Stardom? Knight has potential but nothing about him say's Super Star at the moment. All the attributes and traits many speak about when discussing Knight could have been said about many PG that were barely All Stars yet along Super Stars during their careers. Implying he'll be a Super Star at this point is crazy, as for PBoy he was saying the same thing about Stuckey 2-3 seasons ago and that hasn't happen yet.

You and PBoy are over-stating Knight's respectable accomplishments. That's almost 6pt less, 4 ast less, and a reb less than Zeke's rookie average and Knight had better player than Zeke did.

Don't get me wrong I like Knight and I'm just hoping he can be as good as CB was.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty OK. Keep doubting the Magic of 1980boy!

Post  Phil-Good Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm

It's OK. I have no problem with the Sour Cynic's of the world coming out.

Just mark my words. B.K.7 will be the man around here!

Trust me! Only 1 thing that can stop B.K.7. and that Injuries.

Last edited by Phil1980boy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trail)
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Flop No More

Post  merc Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:46 pm

The league has implemented a "No flopping" rule... the penalty is personal fines (no fouls or anything like that)... this is a welcome rule... enough of the being shot out of a cannon BS.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty EXCUSE ME! Can You stand up. The poster who swore by Royce White!!

Post  Phil-Good Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 pm

He is not in Camp! A rookie is not in camp. This is not the NFL! What in the hell is going on???!

I can't figure out who it was who said Detroit should trade the 9th pick, Stuckey, B.K.7, G.Monroe and 6 future first round picks for R.White.

Come on Poster. Stand up and give me you excuse why this young man is not in training camp??? lol

For the LOVE of me, I can't remimber who that Poster was!! Who was it??? scratch

Come on Poster?? Say something. Tell me how I was right and you were wrong? Tell me how good R.White will be if he can't even got on an Air Plain. NEWS FLASH! The NBA is ALL ABOUT TRAVEL!!! How man NBA Teams are there? 32? That's 32 cities.

ANXIETY DISORDER IS NO GAME OR NO JOKE!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty White

Post  Murph Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Now don't get me wrong, had Andre Drummond not been available, I was advocating that Joe take John Henson, not Royce White.

That said, the man is only 2 days late to camp. It's a little early to decare him a bust, isn't it? Houston is handling the situation well. Hopefully, White will receive the medial attention he needs, report to camp, and eventually have a long and productive NBA career.

BTW, am I the only one looking forward to Rasheed Wallace's return to the NBA? He should fit right in with all those old fogies on the Knicks, like Kidd, Camby and Thomas.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Wise on Knight

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:20 am

Wise, Wise, Wise, after careful analysis... you're right!

Knight is a keeper, and a leader, but I haven't seen anything that says superstar from him, past or present.

I see a good solid all star caliber player in the future, and that future may be 3-4 years off.

The ONLY person on this team that could possibly have superstar capability is Drummond, and that's only because I really don't have a handle on him yet, but if he lives up to the hype, he will be a superstar.

Notice I said IF he lives up to it!

We don't even have that level of hype on Knight or the Moose(hey, where's our Wolverine?)... or anybody else for that matter.

So if Knight becomes a superstar, it will be to the surprise of everyone except his mother, because a mothers love is totally blind!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty WOW, Cabrera grabs History!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 am

Cabrera wins the Triple Crown!!!

It's been 45 years since that's happened!!!

Between him and "Must See JV", all the Tigers need to do is get to the series and win it!

It'll be tough, they're the weakest division winner in either league, but stranger things have happened.

Good Luck Tigers!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:57 am

Thinking after all the attention Miggy is getting the playoffs will be relaxing... this could be nice.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty EXCUSE ME! Can You stand up. The poster who swore by Royce White!!

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 am

Phil1980boy wrote:He is not in Camp! A rookie is not in camp. This is not the NFL! What in the hell is going on???!

I can't figure out who it was who said Detroit should trade the 9th pick, Stuckey, B.K.7, G.Monroe and 6 future first round picks for R.White.

Come on Poster. Stand up and give me you excuse why this young man is not in training camp??? [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

For the LOVE of me, I can't remimber who that Poster was!! Who was it??? scratch

Come on Poster?? Say something. Tell me how I was right and you were wrong? Tell me how good R.White will be if he can't even got on an Air Plain. NEWS FLASH! The NBA is ALL ABOUT TRAVEL!!! How man NBA Teams are there? 32? That's 32 cities.

ANXIETY DISORDER IS NO GAME OR NO JOKE!

Here I am bunky, and I ain't ashamed for recognizing the talent of the man, nor am I gonna give up on him at this point. Intentional lies, accidential truth, and a lot of foam around the mouth doesn't make a valid point Phillip Boy. Re-read my posts for positioning to draft Royce White. This is an idiotic course of conversation for Pistons fans, but I will seriously address what I consider to be a worthy comment you made.

Anxiety disorder is really no joke, and something that should be treated with cautiion and patience, as the affliction is still out in front of the cure. I think the Houston organization was prepared to invest more than 90 days in the mental health/medical treatment of getting White ready for the rigors of a 6 month long NBA season. Professional basketball is a billion dollar entity where millions are wasted on players that show up, suit up, but offer zero returns in the investment; the league has an inordinately large population of players who hold contracts that far exceed their individual worth, yet we draw our entertainment from them (and in some cases idolize them). In drafting White, and giving him a chance at moving toward a normal life, the Rockets are living proof that the NBA Cares, not to mention possibly having the services of an immensely talented player. The closest our Pistons can come to matching the nobility of that gesture is Charlie V, and alopecia is not physically disableing, nor does he hold the promise of White (even though he's gonna be better this year).

We kept #9, got lucky and drafted Drummond, let's be on one accord and hope that this young man turns out to be all we think he can be. 'Dem's all the flowers you get P-Boy! Oh yeah, Knight is the floor general and leader of our team, but don't go putting him in the same class as "the Captain" just yet.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Xango... It was you. OK!

Post  Phil-Good Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Xango, all jokes aside. I pull for R.White. I hope the kid does well. He has talent oozing out his pores. Kid has the total package. They should try some strong medications and see what happens.

Good luck kid! tb
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty The Day Chanucey was traded to the Nuggets ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 pm

On November 3, 2008, Billups was traded to the Denver Nuggets. I remember the day well. It came as a surprise to me that Joe would trade OUR leader and most reliable player for Allen Iverson and salary cap space.

I say Joe needs to pull another surprise, hopefully before Nov. 3, 2012. After listening to some comments made by L. Frank, I am not liking what I am hearing. Frank has been making comments, where he has set low-expectations for OUR Pistons. Comments that sound reminiscent of previous horrid seasons, where 30-something wins would be sufficient.

I say f@#k having another 30-something season. WE need to make a couple of roster moves that will put US in the mix for a home court spot (that's right top four in the East) for the Playoffs. To reach this level of competitiveness, WE will need to acquire a "real" small forward and a "real" back-up power forward.

Here's how WE do it:

1- Move Tay and Magette to Memphis for Rudy Gay.
2- Move Daye and Singler to Toronto for Amir Johnson.
3- Move Will B. to the Wizards for a future 2nd-round pick.
4- Sign Jonny Flynn and T. Will.

Roll with:

PG- Knight, Flynn
SG- Stuckey, T. Will, English
SF- Rudy, Jerebko, Middleton
PF- Moose, Amir, Charlie V.
C- Dre Drummond, Maxey, The Ukraine

This is the roster that I would like to see.

Folks, I believe that Joe has a few tricks up his sleeve. He has not invited Flynn and T. Will to camp, just for the hell of it. Something is up. There's a trade (or two) in the works!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty RE: Wise on Knight

Post  WTF Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Oracle wrote:Wise, Wise, Wise, after careful analysis... you're right!

Knight is a keeper, and a leader, but I haven't seen anything that says superstar from him, past or present.

I see a good solid all star caliber player in the future, and that future may be 3-4 years off.

The ONLY person on this team that could possibly have superstar capability is Drummond, and that's only because I really don't have a handle on him yet, but if he lives up to the hype, he will be a superstar.

Notice I said IF he lives up to it!

We don't even have that level of hype on Knight or the Moose(hey, where's our Wolverine?)... or anybody else for that matter.

So if Knight becomes a superstar, it will be to the surprise of everyone except his mother, because a mothers love is totally blind!

You're right Oracle the only one that has the potential of being called a Super Star is Drummond and that's with a big IF

Knight at worst become Andre Miller or at best another Chauncey Billups.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty The Day Chanucey was traded to the Nuggets ...

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm

the downward spiral began. If there were no "sacred cows" then, there damn sure shouldn't be any now! Before November 3rd there should be a major trade or two so that the ongoing process of building team chemistry can continue, along with learning the system Lil' Larry is installing, by all.

Sebastian, this is not a jab at your love for Rudy Gay and Amir Johnson, but my particular view of what would make this team better. Every fan has their favorite player(s) who they'd like to see in a Pistons uniform, however, acquiring talent requires sacrifice. "There are no sacred cows."

I'm proposing trading Rodney Stuckey for James Harden; look at the salaries, and can OKC afford to go into luxury tax land to re-sign Harden? Think not.

Tayshaun Prince, Will Bynum (expiring), and Jonas Jerebko to Atlanta for Josh Smith? No? How about Prince for the Timberwolves Derrick Williams?

I'd love a starting lineup of: C-Kravstov, PF-Monroe, SF-Smith/Williams, SG-Harden, PG-Knight. When Drummond comes around we're back to the heyday of our championship teams.

If Joe could trade Chauncey, why not Stuckey, Prince, and Jerebko? The money saved on expiring contracts of Maggette, Maxiell, Daye, and Bynum can be used to resign Smith and Harden to appropriate deals, and we've got Flynn and Terrence Williams to boot.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty News Flash: The World is coming to an end!

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Or is Flip back?

Did space Aliens land at Ford Field?

Why oh why did Obama bend over to pick up the soap last night? Didn't he see Romney's Johnson?

Well, these and other questions of the day won't be answered, because the Chicken Lady in finally gone!!!

WTF is this world coming to????
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty A trade or trades is needed before the start of the seson

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm

deusXango wrote:the downward spiral began. If there were no "sacred cows" then, there damn sure shouldn't be any now! Before November 3rd there should be a major trade or two so that the ongoing process of building team chemistry can continue, along with learning the system Lil' Larry is installing, by all.

Sebastian, this is not a jab at your love for Rudy Gay and Amir Johnson, but my particular view of what would make this team better. Every fan has their favorite player(s) who they'd like to see in a Pistons uniform, however, acquiring talent requires sacrifice. "There are no sacred cows."

I'm proposing trading Rodney Stuckey for James Harden; look at the salaries, and can OKC afford to go into luxury tax land to re-sign Harden? Think not.

Tayshaun Prince, Will Bynum (expiring), and Jonas Jerebko to Atlanta for Josh Smith? No? How about Prince for the Timberwolves Derrick Williams?

I'd love a starting lineup of: C-Kravstov, PF-Monroe, SF-Smith/Williams, SG-Harden, PG-Knight. When Drummond comes around we're back to the heyday of our championship teams.

If Joe could trade Chauncey, why not Stuckey, Prince, and Jerebko? The money saved on expiring contracts of Maggette, Maxiell, Daye, and Bynum can be used to resign Smith and Harden to appropriate deals, and we've got Flynn and Terrence Williams to boot.

DX, I hear you man. You are like me, WE both want to see some kind of move(s), before the start of the season. I personally am a Rodney Stuckey fan, but if Joe has the grip to pull what you have suggested off, then I'll take it.

Has anyone taken the time to look at OUR schedule from the season tip-off through the first full month of November? It is hellafide and WE will be done by Dec. 1, if WE don't make a significant move (or preferably two by the start of the season).

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty IT'S POSSIBLE

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:39 pm

.333 ball after the first month of play? If all the hype is true, and the hard work that's gone into this years version of the Pistons pays off, we should be sitting on a .500 record after the first month, if not, our coaching needs to take another approach to game planning. I can see the young'uns playing to a sub .500 record, but if Prince, Maxiell, Maggette, Daye, and Villanueva are sucking up the time then a sub .500 record is unacceptable; a Kuester "everybody plays" type rotation is unacceptable also. A 9 man rotation, 10 at the most, is the way to go.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty THE WORLD AS WE ONCE KNEW IT

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Yea Flip! Welcome back, and thanks!!!! Where's Sissy, Frankie D, and the FlyDog? Everybody can't be working around the clock. Miss you guys. If Fennis Dembo, Lemon Pen, and PhillipBoy, along with a few others, pick up the pace, our little corner of the world will be back to a place of joy.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty TayShawn Prinse

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Pay attention to the spelling, I kid you not, there is an actor named "TayShawn Prinse"... Tay should sue, lol!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Maggette

Post  Murph Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 pm

As much as I dislike the idea of Corey Maggette getting any major minutes at SF, it might not be a bad idea. If Maggette was given something like 20 mpg in the 1st half of the season, and played well, it might be easier to move him at the trade deadline.

If Maggette's in shape and playing well at the trade deadline, he might be of some value to a contending team, and not just for his expiring contract.

It might be worth it to play Maggette in the 1st half of the season, then deal him for a young player and a draft pick, and then play Singler and/or Jerebko at reserve SF in the 2nd half of the season.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Don't get your hopes up too high Piston fans.

Post  Phil-Good Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm just telling everybody right now. Don't get your hopes up for this season. This is not going to be A good team.

Most of the wins will come from the play of Moose, JJ, Stuckey, B.Knight, and how much they develop into go to guys.

I don't expect much from Dre. He is A stone cold rookie. I expect some good night and A lot of bad Nights.

I expect Core M, Mad Max and T.Prince to do what they do. be solid and constant. I expect Coach Frank to preach Defense and pushing the basketball at A fast pace.

I expect Joe to work the Phones.

That's it. 30 Wins unless somebody breaks out and shocks the NBA world.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:00 pm

deusXango wrote:Yea Flip! Welcome back, and thanks!!!! Where's Sissy, Frankie D, and the FlyDog? Everybody can't be working around the clock. Miss you guys. If Fennis Dembo, Lemon Pen, and PhillipBoy, along with a few others, pick up the pace, our little corner of the world will be back to a place of joy.

I'm still hangin round Baby Bobba. Just waiting for next Wednesday when we can see for ourselves. Despite the Tigers surge into the playoffs and MIGGYSAN makin history I'm getting pretty damn excited about the Stones.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next