Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Great Point

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:I'm just telling everybody right now. Don't get your hopes up for this season. This is not going to be A good team.

Most of the wins will come from the play of Moose, JJ, Stuckey, B.Knight, and how much they develop into go to guys.

I don't expect much from Dre. He is A stone cold rookie. I expect some good night and A lot of bad Nights.

I expect Core M, Mad Max and T.Prince to do what they do. be solid and constant. I expect Coach Frank to preach Defense and pushing the basketball at A fast pace.

I expect Joe to work the Phones.

That's it. 30 Wins unless somebody breaks out and shocks the NBA world.

This will not be a good team, and the more you look at it, barring a miracle, I don't see the playoffs in our future this season.

However, I do see us developing into a playoff caliber team near the end of the season! A team that nobody wants to play if you're trying to get there.

There are a number of reasons for this, and you mentioned a few of them, but the main reason, IMO, is that we're still in transition at critical positions.

Now if the East is particularly bad this year, anything could happen, but I don't think that's in the cards.

A successful season for us will be getting Drummond installed as part of the core, and part of our new Big 3: Monroe, Knight & Drummond!

I would add that while Stuckey is not really a youngster anymore, he's not old by any measure. Stuckey could give us 4 potential all star caliber players, and that's a perscription for a solid winning future, because it covers all of the critical positions.

In addition, we have some excellent young complementary players, but they need development, and won't get as much as I would like until moves are made.

Our future is so bright, we'll need perscription shades to see it, but it won't be this year.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty This is just too funny!

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Tennessee Fraternity's Hilarious Press Conference to Deny Butt Chugging Charges

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Shaq is a complete ASS

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:49 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty I agree Oracle

Post  Phil-Good Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:49 pm

"I do see us developing into a playoff caliber team near the end of the season!"

I agree 100% Oracle. By the end of the season. The Pistons will punch some really good teams in the Mouth!!

Last 20 game or so I expect Dre or the Euro Rookies to break into the starting 5.

I will be looking for A nice trade by Joe as well. To set up the summer and all the cap money the Pistons will have.

Just chill out Piston fans. This is A transition year for use. But we should get A peek into the future this season. And that's all we been asking for. Start building it from the grown up, the right way. B.Knight, Moose, and Dre is A good start.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty REBUILD WITHOUT A SACRED COW

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 pm

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I will; it's time to stop jockeying Rodney Stuckey and giving him the all-star treatment (he's not), or talking him up like if he averages 18 pts. as a starter, he's a top 5-10 SG (he won't be). Trade him for James Harden, Joe D. This man out produced Stuck while coming off OKC's bench; OKC has the league scoring champion (Durant) and a top 10 scorer (Westbrook). We can't hope to get either of those players, but we have a shot at Harden who can easily give us a top 5 scorer in the NBA, and he uses his head on the floor. He's not an Iverson type scorer either.

Given the age, and proven skill set of Harden, I'd feel more comfortable going forward with him, Knight, Monroe, and Drummond/Kravstov; Joe please find us a SF to fit in with these guys. Who knows, we may already have him.

Let's not get too carried away with Maggette as his true value is being on the roster at seasons end; we need that CAP space Mr. 36 year old!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Royce White

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:15 pm

I feel for the guy. This bus thing is not going to work. The NBA schedule will not accommodate a player traveling to 41 road games, across the USA, via a bus. It want work.

Think of it this way. What if Royce White was to become the best player on the Rockets? Your best player can't travel to games by himself one way and the rest of the team travels, together, by some other mode. It want work!

Maybe, Royce White chose the wrong professional sport. He would have a much better chance of managing his illness as a professional football player, than as a NBA player.

The shorter schedule with more days in between schedules; having to only travel to 8 different cities during a regular NFL season would be more realistic. The routine that is reinforced by NFL coaching staffs would help with White's illness, as well.

I'm rooting for the kid, but it is going to tough for him and his current team, the Rockets.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Would welcome Harden with open arms ..

Post  Grizz2 Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 am

deusXango wrote:I don't mean to offend anyone, but I will; it's time to stop jockeying Rodney Stuckey and giving him the all-star treatment (he's not), or talking him up like if he averages 18 pts. as a starter, he's a top 5-10 SG (he won't be). Trade him for James Harden, Joe D. This man out produced Stuck while coming off OKC's bench; OKC has the league scoring champion (Durant) and a top 10 scorer (Westbrook). We can't hope to get either of those players, but we have a shot at Harden who can easily give us a top 5 scorer in the NBA, and he uses his head on the floor. He's not an Iverson type scorer either.

Given the age, and proven skill set of Harden, I'd feel more comfortable going forward with him, Knight, Monroe, and Drummond/Kravstov; Joe please find us a SF to fit in with these guys. Who knows, we may already have him.

Let's not get too carried away with Maggette as his true value is being on the roster at seasons end; we need that CAP space Mr. 36 year old!

DX .. there is a chance Harden could walk away from OKC due to the salary cap .. so this is a do-able FA signing .. or trade and sign .. Granted he had a subpar Finals .. but just about any other series in this team's short and brilliant run in the play-offs featured him as a take-and-make-the-big-shot player ... and passes very well as well .. I hear his defense is not better than average .. Would be interesting what it would take to sign him .. Worth Ben Gordan's contract at least ..

I am all optimistic this season and even feel good about Stuckey .. What the hell is wrong with me!? Actually . I was with Stuckey as big fan until the Billups trade ... Now that Knight is in the game .. and getting better by the minute .. I feel like Stuckey can kind of get back on track by not having to be the team's number 1 PG ... Knight has the capability of becoming an all star 4 or 5 seasons .. This team does not have to finish 500 for it to be a good season .. Player develop of young players, that is all we should be focused o .. ... Old guys like Maggette .. Wikins .. T-Mac.... AI .. Russell Jr .. Ben Wallace .. No .. No .. No .. Nothing good happens from having old players getting minutes who have no future on this team .. This team is not in contention so there is no point to playing the greybeards .. bench them or release or trade them .. Youth must be served .. or we will become a mess of a team again ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Maggette's Trade Value

Post  Murph Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:54 am

deusXango wrote: Let's not get too carried away with Maggette as his true value is being on the roster at seasons end; we need that CAP space!

The thing is, inlcuding Maggette, we have $28 million in expiring contracts coming off the books next year (Maggette $11, Hamilton $5.5, JMax $5, Bynum $3.5, Daye $3). All that adds up to $28 million.

Now, it's true that Joe will need a lot of that cap space to re-sign some of our young players in the future, such as Stuckey, JJ and Kravtsov, who's contacts expire in 2 years...but not all $28 million. Some of that money can and should be spent acquiring more young talent and/or draft choices at this year's trade deadline.

The best news is that our core of potential All-Stars, Monroe, Knight and Drummond, are tied up for the next 3-5 years. So somehow, Joe and Tom Gores have put the Pistons in an outstanding financial position for the next 3-5 years, at least, which gives Joe room to acquire even more young talent this year. Joe

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Maggette's Trade Value

Post  deusXango Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:39 am

Murph, I'm not understanding you sir; Stuckey just signed a new contract this past year, as did Jerebko, and Joe just signed Kravstov. What do they have to do with the $28 million CAP space? If Maggette is traded for a middle of the road player, who's not an expiring contract, then we're right back where we started, and it's that type of manuevering that has fans calling for Dumars job. Maggette represents a very large portion of that anticipated CAP space. How long was Monroe's and Knight's rookie contracts for? This is year 3 for 'da Moose and 2 for Knight.

$28 million (after a decent season), along with the contracts of Prince, Stuckey, and, if pressed, JJ, could bring in 2 top tier players to go along with Monroe, Knight, and Drummond; the Pistons only have to concern themselves with resigning Monroe next year, unless they do something stupid like re-signing Maxiell (which would make it dicey when it comes time to re-sign Knight).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Grizz2 wrote:
deusXango wrote:I don't mean to offend anyone, but I will; it's time to stop jockeying Rodney Stuckey and giving him the all-star treatment (he's not), or talking him up like if he averages 18 pts. as a starter, he's a top 5-10 SG (he won't be). Trade him for James Harden, Joe D. This man out produced Stuck while coming off OKC's bench; OKC has the league scoring champion (Durant) and a top 10 scorer (Westbrook). We can't hope to get either of those players, but we have a shot at Harden who can easily give us a top 5 scorer in the NBA, and he uses his head on the floor. He's not an Iverson type scorer either.

DX .. there is a chance Harden could walk away from OKC due to the salary cap .. so this is a do-able FA signing .. or trade and sign .. Granted he had a subpar Finals .. but just about any other series in this team's short and brilliant run in the play-offs featured him as a take-and-make-the-big-shot player ... and passes very well as well .. I hear his defense is not better than average .. Would be interesting what it would take to sign him .. Worth Ben Gordan's contract at least ..

I am all optimistic this season and even feel good about Stuckey .. What the hell is wrong with me!? Actually . I was with Stuckey as big fan until the Billups trade ... Now that Knight is in the game .. and getting better by the minute .. I feel like Stuckey can kind of get back on track by not having to be the team's number 1 PG ... Knight has the capability of becoming an all star 4 or 5 seasons .. This team does not have to finish 500 for it to be a good season .. Player develop of young players, that is all we should be focused o .. ... Old guys like Maggette .. Wikins .. T-Mac.... AI .. Russell Jr .. Ben Wallace .. No .. No .. No .. Nothing good happens from having old players getting minutes who have no future on this team .. This team is not in contention so there is no point to playing the greybeards .. bench them or release or trade them .. Youth must be served .. or we will become a mess of a team again ..

I just cannot get on the Harden bandwagen. I think that he is extremely over-rated. He is now on an explosive team filled with really good players. I can imagine that Stuckey would have looked great on that team and most likely played better than Harden did in the NBA Finals. I really think that Harden's performance in the finals showed the real Harden. I watched Harden play ball a lot when he played for ASU in college. He was a lot stronger then most college players at the time but he was hit and miss most of the time. His concentration and leadership was just no there much of the time. He could put up points but I wasn't excited about Harden becoming a quality starter in the NBA. Let's see how he performs this season. If I were OKC, I would try to trade him now that many fans seem to think he is soon to become a star caliber player. I would take Stuckey over Harden in a heartbeat. The Pistons will take a step back if they spend a lot of money on Harden. My gut tells me that as soon as Harden gets his second contract, he will disappear. I think that I know more about Harden than anyone who participates on this board. I haven't been excited about Stuckey from the beginning. However, I think that Stuckey is going to have a really good year this time around. There is some positive chemistry forming. A guy like Harden can come in a ruin the chemistry real quick especially after he gets locked into the next contract. Does Harden have that extra thing that makes you work to become the best you can possibly become. I say no way. Will Harden stay in shape after his next contract and play solid defense. I say no way. If the Pistons want to replace Stuckey, then I hope they can land a real gem and that most likely will have to come through the draft. Dumars has obtained quality people like Knight who have talent but are not satisfied and want to become the best. Dumars needs to stay in that mode and only take the best character players who love basketball and have amazing talent but will never be satisfied with what they have accomplished. Harden will be fat and sassy once he signs that big contract.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty No one is calling to bench Knight!

Post  Grizz2 Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:34 am

cool breeze wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:

I just cannot get on the Harden bandwagen. I think that he is extremely over-rated. He is now on an explosive team filled with really good players. I can imagine that Stuckey would have looked great on that team and most likely played better than Harden did in the NBA Finals. I really think that Harden's performance in the finals showed the real Harden. I watched Harden play ball a lot when he played for ASU in college. He was a lot stronger then most college players at the time but he was hit and miss most of the time. His concentration and leadership was just no there much of the time. He could put up points but I wasn't excited about Harden becoming a quality starter in the NBA. Let's see how he performs this season. If I were OKC, I would try to trade him now that many fans seem to think he is soon to become a star caliber player. I would take Stuckey over Harden in a heartbeat. The Pistons will take a step back if they spend a lot of money on Harden. My gut tells me that as soon as Harden gets his second contract, he will disappear. I think that I know more about Harden than anyone who participates on this board. I haven't been excited about Stuckey from the beginning. However, I think that Stuckey is going to have a really good year this time around. There is some positive chemistry forming. A guy like Harden can come in a ruin the chemistry real quick especially after he gets locked into the next contract. Does Harden have that extra thing that makes you work to become the best you can possibly become. I say no way. Will Harden stay in shape after his next contract and play solid defense. I say no way. If the Pistons want to replace Stuckey, then I hope they can land a real gem and that most likely will have to come through the draft. Dumars has obtained quality people like Knight who have talent but are not satisfied and want to become the best. Dumars needs to stay in that mode and only take the best character players who love basketball and have amazing talent but will never be satisfied with what they have accomplished. Harden will be fat and sassy once he signs that big contract.

Cool Don, no one is calling for Knight to be benched .. Harden is a great bench player .. 6th man of the year in the NBA? You have to say he has some game if he is that .. So stay cool ... Knight is the Pistons' Captain and leader period ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Don: I just cannot get on the Harden bandwagen

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:52 am

Don, I totally agree, I just don't think that highly of Hardin, even though I think he would be a good addition to this team.

But NOT at the expense of Stuckey, who I agree should have a great year, and is finally coming into his own.

In short, I think Stuckey is the better all around player, and that he'll show it very soon. Oddly, I haven't been one of the bigger Stuckey supporters, but I've always seen his value if he ever got it together.

I think most will be pleased with Stuckey moving over to the 2, where he's a better than average defender. As a matter of fact, Stuckey is capable of defending the 1,2 & 3 positions better than most.

That's really important, and as he hones his slashing ability, Stuckey is going to be one of the more dangerous SG's in the business.

If Hardin ever leaves OKC, its going to be all downhill from there.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Here's a trade that works for both teams ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 am

Joe should get the Bucks on the phone and offer them the following:

Tay, Daye, and Will B. for Larry Sanders, Tobias Harris, and Beno Udrih.

The Bucks are really shallow at the SF position, but stacked at the PF position. Tay would provide a steady, veteran player at the SF position with a manageable contract. They would also get two younger SFs. Daye could probably benefit from being in a different environment and if not, the Bucks can get out of his contract very easily. Will B. could help Jennings and Ellis, as a third guard that would keep the pressure on the opposing PG, when Jennings and/or Ellis are not on the floor and along with Daye, Will B. will come off the Bucks' books next season. Daye and Will B.'s salaries would provided almost dollar-for-dollar of Beno's expiring contract.

WE would get a really, really good young player in Tobias Harris. This kid is ready to start now. I know the Summer League is the Summer League, but Tobias Harris is ready to blow-up. Larry Sanders is a nasty, sneaky strong PF. Sanders would be a good back-up to Moose. Beno, yes WE expose him in '05 Finals vs. the Spurs, but the guy would be a good, solid back-up to B. Knight and his $7,300,000 would come off the books, next season.

Trade Singler to Portland for a second-round pick. Portland would be glad to have him. He would a fan favorite, as Portland is his hometown. He would be great in the community, too.

Then WE can roll with:

PG- B. Knight/Beno/Jonny Flynn
SG- Stuckey/Maggette/English (English could see significant minutes, as Maggette will get injuried.
SF- Tobias Harris/Jerebko/Middleton (D-League)
PF- Moose/Larry Sanders/Charlie V.
C- Dre Drummond/Maxey/The Ukraine

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Right

Post  Grizz2 Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:05 am

Oracle wrote:Don, I totally agree, I just don't think that highly of Hardin, even though I think he would be a good addition to this team.

But NOT at the expense of Stuckey, who I agree should have a great year, and is finally coming into his own.

In short, I think Stuckey is the better all around player, and that he'll show it very soon. Oddly, I haven't been one of the bigger Stuckey supporters, but I've always seen his value if he ever got it together.

I think most will be pleased with Stuckey moving over to the 2, where he's a better than average defender. As a matter of fact, Stuckey is capable of defending the 1,2 & 3 positions better than most.

That's really important, and as he hones his slashing ability, Stuckey is going to be one of the more dangerous SG's in the business.

If Hardin ever leaves OKC, its going to be all downhill from there.

Oracle .. You are right, if Harden ever leaves OKC, its going to be all downhill from there, .. for OKC .... Harden is the guy who was 6th man of the year in 2012 and helped bring his team to the Finals.. .. And he is better now at 23, and potentially as well .. than anyone on the Pistons other than Monroe, Knight, and Drummond .. Stuckey is going to be better now that JD has FINALLY correctly concluded that Stuck is NOT a number 1 PG for the Pistons ... But Stuckey is a player who has been sabotaged by Joe D's experiment as PG 1... .. His head and game will never be the same .. Dumars and his clown coaches blew it for this potentially very good player .. Too late for him to recover fully but he can still be a decent player ... Is he a better defender than Harden? Sure .. but he is also damaged goods in he is a player who doesnt even know his true position and role .. Yes, .. Harden as a 6th man dual-guard off the bench is somebody the Pistons should want if he ever wanted to come here ..That is all we are saying .. Why he would leave OKC with Durant and Brooke, also young all stars .. not sure if he would .. But DX is right to put Harden on the list of players it would be great to get .. someone who can hit clutch shots with the game on the line .. as a player off the bench ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty WELL, GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

Post  deusXango Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:13 am

Don and the Oracle, two of my favorite posters, (who I greatly respect their knowledge of the game), are the last people who I thought would be offended by the suggestion I made of trading Stuckey for Harden. We have a PG who can't consistantly direct an offense, and a SG who can't shoot from the outside (or mid-range), so we call him a combo guard. A combo guard who, as likable as he may be to some, has never come close to winning any individual achievment awards, playing for a team that has sucked more and more since he's been the focal point, being valued over the reigning 6th man of the year because he did it with smoke and mirrors. A sacred cow if ever there was one. How can you start on a team that suffers from a lack of scoring, dominate the ball on offense, and never average 20 pts.? He's been slid over to the SG spot, and I must admit that he played better there than I've seen him play since his rookie year (and that was a brief showing), so I view that as making him a powerful trade piece for the rebuild of this team; not slighting the man's value in the NBA, but he's occupying a spot that we could use a more dynamic offensive talent.

Don, I know that being out there in Tucson you've had the opportunity to see more of Harden up close at ASU, but what was "Stuck" like in Washington? I saw little of Harden, but none of Stuckey in college, and that's the truth. All I can go on is what I've seen on the pro level, and it appears to me that Harden would be a great fit on this team. Neither one of them is worth max money either. It sounds like the expected decline in Harden's game would be due more to character issues than anything else, and I've not heard of the young man having character flaws, but you know better than I.

Oracle, I'm tired of living on the hope that this is the year that Stuckey's gonna show the world his true worth, and at years end, even though he hasn't "flat lined," it's more of the same......mediocre. If OKC is this magic elixer that's made Harden look like an all-star, when he's really nothing, then Stuckey should develop into a superstar there, and I'd be genuinely happy for him. It's doubtful he'll make all-star here in the "D."

Gentlemen, I'm glad for the different, and refreshing point of view, because it's given me something to think on, and good conversation about our team; Stuckey wears the red, white, and blue, and as long as he does he has my full support.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Maggette

Post  Murph Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 am

deusXango wrote:Murph, I'm not understanding you sir; Stuckey just signed a new contract this past year, as did Jerebko, and Joe just signed Kravstov. What do they have to do with the $28 million CAP space? If Maggette is traded for a middle of the road player, who's not an expiring contract, then we're right back where we started, and it's that type of manuevering that has fans calling for Dumars job. Maggette represents a very large portion of that anticipated CAP space. How long was Monroe's and Knight's rookie contracts for? This is year 3 for 'da Moose and 2 for Knight.

$28 million (after a decent season), along with the contracts of Prince, Stuckey, and, if pressed, JJ, could bring in 2 top tier players to go along with Monroe, Knight, and Drummond; the Pistons only have to concern themselves with resigning Monroe next year, unless they do something stupid like re-signing Maxiell (which would make it dicey when it comes time to re-sign Knight).

Right. Stuckey signed a 3 year contract a year ago, so his new contract expires in 2 years. Same with JJ. Kravstov's contract also expires in 2 years.

Those are the only guys who are critical to the team's future who need to be resigned anytime soon. Monroe needs to be re-signed in 3 years, Knight in four years, and Drummond in 5 years.

So in other words, we don't need to use that $28 million in cap space anytime soon. So if I were Joe, I'd look to make Maggette into an assets that some contending team might want, by playing Maggette regularly at reserve SF in the 1st half of the season. Then Joe shouild try to trade him for a good young player that could help us down the road, and a draft pick.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Stuckey

Post  Murph Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 am

I'd rather have Stuckey than Harden also.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty STUCKEY

Post  deusXango Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:33 am

The Royce White effect. I think I blew all credability, in the eyes of many, by championing that young man; Stuckey has under-performed for years, and Harden sucked for a series, now Stuckey is viewed as a superior talent? Balderdash! Time has, and will reveal the truth. An inferior player is not gonna play at an all world level because he's surrounded by superior talent, rather he'll be exposed.

Like I've said, we got "Stuck" and I'm pulling for him to become the all-star player, that many predict he'll become, now that he's our SG. I'm a victum of my lack of infinate patience.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Really?

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:13 pm

deusXango wrote:The Royce White effect. I think I blew all credability, in the eyes of many, by championing that young man; Stuckey has under-performed for years, and Harden sucked for a series, now Stuckey is viewed as a superior talent? Balderdash! Time has, and will reveal the truth. An inferior player is not gonna play at an all world level because he's surrounded by superior talent, rather he'll be exposed.

Like I've said, we got "Stuck" and I'm pulling for him to become the all-star player, that many predict he'll become, now that he's our SG. I'm a victum of my lack of infinate patience.

DX, your credability is the product of many posts over the years, and if being wrong about anything once in awhile loses it, then none of us have any credability.

In addition, I believe that we all place too much blame on ourselves when a player, through their own lack of effort, or other circumstances fails to live up to the talent we knew they had.

We can predict a lot of things, but we can't control folks character or medical issues, so chill.

BTW, on Hardin, you took that way too personally. I basically said in my post that I thought Hardin wold be a good addition to the team, and bring value. I just didn't think losing Stuckey in the bargin was a good thing.

I know Stuckey has suffered from the "Next year he'll be a star" syndrome, but if you examine why, you'll see it was more Joe's spin machine than anything else.

Generally if the player isn't a superstar, 3-4 years is the time frame before you get a real NBA player. Stuckey showed me last year that he's finally turning that corner, and it would be a shame to let previous spin cause us to let a prime player go.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Good Info

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty THANKS ORACLE, FOR THE WORDS OF WISDOM.

Post  deusXango Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Oracle wrote:
In addition, I believe that we all place too much blame on ourselves when a player, through their own lack of effort, or other circumstances fails to live up to the talent we knew they had.

We can predict a lot of things, but we can't control folks character or medical issues, so chill.

BTW, on Hardin, you took that way too personally. I basically said in my post that I thought Hardin wold be a good addition to the team, and bring value. I just didn't think losing Stuckey in the bargin was a good thing.

Oracle, I didn't just throw Stuckey's name out there because I don't like him (haven't always liked his game, and didn't see any effort on his part to improve it), but because I reasoned he's the only player on our roster OKC would want for Harden. Anyway, thanks for the kind words of wisdom; I found them so soothing:-) Don't worry man, I don't take this personally, I'm just a fan (I guess I've got an abrasive personality).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Tigers win in walk-off fashion

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:38 pm

High drama at Comerica!

Reddick, who had been looking like a strike out queen(struck out all six at-bats in the series), delivers the walk-off homer in the 9th... Yikes!

Tigers lead 2-0 heading to Oakland!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Sometimes it's REALLY hard to put your pants on...

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Don't show off and then get your ass kicked!

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:32 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Thanks again...

Post  Grizz2 Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Oracle .. you do a great job balancing humor with good analysis posts ..... Me ::. I just go beserk .. I do think Stuckey will have a good season and Harden is not coming here anyway ... so what was the point .. I have no idea ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next