Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Lobo wrote:Well, this forum is about as much fun as watching paint dry.
If you don't want me to post here, I'll bounce. Its your loss.
Hang in there Lobo... we'd like to hear your opinions... we're still trying to get our peeps back after the Det News pulled the rug in one days notice.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Hey Larry, What kind of Look is that on your face you Candy Azz?

lol!

Bird looks like he just seen a ghost, lol
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Lobo wrote:Well, this forum is about as much fun as watching paint dry.
If you don't want me to post here, I'll bounce. Its your loss.

Do whatever you want, its a forum to talk pistons, what do you expect a rock concert? Rolling Eyes

idk who said anything about not wanting you to post here though?
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Frankie... Blatche = Judas goat & Fast food restaurant ... where do you come up these things... LMAO
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Screw You Lobo

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Ooooooooooooh..........Lobo might bounce. The more the merrier and all, but you're not any more important than the rest of us........guest.

Sissy- Bird LOOKS LIKE a ghost in that picture. Thanks........just re-confirms my feelings of hatred for that son of a bitch.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty blatche and sheed...

Post  frankied Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:25 pm

wise,
sheed was a totally different case.
sheed's play on the court was exemplary. the other players loved him, the coaches loved his play, there was no problem with his on-court play.
there was one incident with sarbonis that really did not impact on his dealings with the rest of the team - most of the other players thought it was funny - and he had an incident with a ref.
but again, none of those things affected how he played.
there were two basic criticisms from some about his actual play:
people wanted sheed to shoot more and score more. but he refused to do so because he felt it would take away from team play. he is one of the few guys ever who took flack because he refused to be more of a ball hog.
some folks also wanted him to post up more, same deal as with detroit.
but otherwise, he had no problems on the court. heck, he was really their best player for most of his time in portland and his teammates really hated to see him go. when he was traded, no one in that locker room said a bad word about him.
his problems were with the media and management. he had very frosty relations with the media and that impacted on his image. management also wanted him to be more community-relations friendly and sheed wanted none of that. his view was that as long as he played and played well, that was all he owed the franchise.
whether that is true is arguable. but it definitely was a source of tension. and one of the big points of contrast with the next big star, brandon roy, who embraced the role of community ambassador.
with blatche, it is just the opposite. most of the washington media has been giving him a break for years because he seems like a big dummy who just doesn't know any better. they like his rags-to-riches story - second round pick makes good and signs big contract - so they have given him tons of rope.
it's his on-court play that has caused problems.
no defense...too many shots...too many bad shots...being a black hole on offense...horrible decisions...basically being a bad teammate and a bad team player.
again, just the opposite of how sheed was perceived.
no way, no how, would i want him on this pistons team with its young players. let him go somewhere else and poison the well.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Sissy

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:26 pm

That is a GREAT picture. Just emailed it to my dad, brother and uncle, with the heading "Now I Remember Why I Hated Him So Much". Thanks! What a dirty, no good son of a bitch that effer was.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Larry BirdSchitt: Guy's You Love to Hate

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Fly: Yep, one of the most hated guys in the NBA, plus he's #1 on the Puke List. Laimbeer & Rodman lived inside this Muthafugers head, Crybaby Extroidinaire Club Member of which he was President.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty JaVALE McGEE

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Dumb as a box of rocks, basketball speaking, but a good kid; 7 footer with freakish jumping ability, runs the floor exceptionally well for a 7 footer, and loves to block shoots! He is dirt cheap for a big man, and maybe, just maybe Joe can can get in on the Cousins trade as a third team, and we end up with McGee. In the right environment McGee's basketball I.Q. is sure to increase as he's no dummy, for real, and the skills he possess are just what the doctor ordered for the Pistons. He's not a sexy name player but what he could contribute to an evolveing teams chemistry, like what we got going on here, is priceless. The more I weigh the pros & cons of Cousins, the more I like McGee. One thing for certain, we ain't talking Monroe or our first round draft pick for the services of McGee; when you think about a frontline of Monroe, McGee, and J.J. and you've still got a first round pick coming, awesome! I don't know what it'll take, but I do know what can't be taken now because of the CBA and that's Prince, Stuckey, and Jerebko; Monroe and Knight are automatic no-no's, so let's get busy with the "Vulcan mind-meld" and push Joe toward making this deal.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Poster's Who are talking about Putting Pics of Themselves on their Avatars

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Alright let's see who is going to put there's on first: Actually I put one of mine up a few days ago but it was late at night & then a minute later took it down. Wise said he might make one his Avatar, I think Grizz asked Fly to put one up & Grizz also said he was thinking about putting one up, okay let's draw straws & see who goes first, ready? Alright Grizz you drew the shortest straw, your up first, you've got 2 days to show everyone that handsome face, next, ready? Wise, your next, short____, I mean short straw, you've got two days after Grizz, okay here we go Fly, just you & I, here goes, oh Schitt, short straw for me, alright I get to go after Wise, Fly you got two days after me. Anybody else feel Ballzy or Froggy to put theirs up well bring it on. We'll vote on who's the Ugliest & the Prettiest like Cassius Clay used to say, winners will be announced at A later date, prizes include the loser getting to have dinner with George Blaha & listening to his Karaoke tape of him singing "Be Bop A Lula" 37 times at dinner & George repeating his mantra of 3 & 48 left in the 4th quarter, the other prize is a night on the town with the Alcohol Brothers who consist of Flydog, Wise, Grizz, Sissy, & whoever wants to go, we'll stop & see if Lobo wants to join us but he's going to have stop & get a better attitude on the way, Hey-Hey now, Here We Go.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxiell Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:20 pm

I returned from a holiday trip and just finished watching the Pistons beat the Magic. What surprised me is that Maxiell played a good game overall. Frank is doing something right so far because these players have given a great effort two games in a row. That hasn't happened in over two years. I think Jerebco's style is rubbing off the rest of the team. Reducing the rotation is paying off regarding using only three guards. Gordon is making some key baskets and Stuckey made some powerful drives in the 4th quarter. The Pistons are now an up tempo team. If we acquire another new big this season, that player cannot be a slug. He must be able to run the court and play tough defense. Maybe Maxiell knows something. He hit that mid range jumper that Dumars has talked a lot about and had a lot of energy last night. The Palace looked empty again. Keep it up Piston players and the fans will start backing you again.

Maxiell

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty OK Sissy .. for 24 hours ...

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Sissy .. Here I am .. Yes, it is a recent photo .. you will have to guess which 1 of the 3 is me ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Sheed

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Frankie .. good post on Sheed .. He really did have a complete game ... Could do anything .. and I think Charles Barkley was right to say he could be the best player in the NBA if he wanted to be .. Sheed was a good teammate .. the only negative was that in his last 3 seasons .. he didnt take care of himself and he didnt want to play inside .. Hurt us especially in that 2008 conference final loss to the Celtics .. If Sheed had really given his all in 2009, been in shape and all that .. The Celtics would have won game 7 .. but .. it is not really fair to Sheed to belittle him now that he has retired .. Sheed was a lot like Rodman in some ways .. emotional firey player who was also quite cool and dominated at his position more often than not ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty All Right Grizz: We're Putting You in the Handsome Column

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 pm

All those in favor say I. I was gonna post your the one on the left being the smart azz Iam but anyway that's for another day, Ha! I think this is a good idea so we all can get a glimpse of at least who were talking to. Way to lead the way Grizz, now Wise is up I believe, calling Wise, Drew Carey just called & said "Come on Down". Now Grizz this puts you in the running for the top prize. By the way Grizz, what are you doing in Japan, vacation, travel, etc?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty OK Sissy .. for 24 hours ...

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Grizz wrote:Hi Sissy .. Here I am .. Yes, it is a recent photo .. you will have to guess which 1 of the 3 is me ..

Grizz, I always knew you were a cross dresser, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Atlanta - WOW!!!

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm watching the game on NBA TV, and it's CRAZY what the Hawks are doing to the Bulls.

Schooling isn't a strong enough term!!!

Their defense is off the hook, and they're just DOMINATING the Bulls easily!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Bulls have 39 pts with 1:30 left in the 3rd!

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Crazy defense by ATL!
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Maxiell wrote:I returned from a holiday trip and just finished watching the Pistons beat the Magic. What surprised me is that Maxiell played a good game overall. Frank is doing something right so far because these players have given a great effort two games in a row. That hasn't happened in over two years. I think Jerebco's style is rubbing off the rest of the team. Reducing the rotation is paying off regarding using only three guards. Gordon is making some key baskets and Stuckey made some powerful drives in the 4th quarter. The Pistons are now an up tempo team. If we acquire another new big this season, that player cannot be a slug. He must be able to run the court and play tough defense. Maybe Maxiell knows something. He hit that mid range jumper that Dumars has talked a lot about and had a lot of energy last night. The Palace looked empty again. Keep it up Piston players and the fans will start backing you again.

I agree. I've been one of Maxiell's biggest critic's but he looked the Maxiell of 2006-2008 when he was a great role player off the bench. If we get that Maxiell every night, I'll be his biggest fan. Add in Monroe's improved low post game, and Jerebko looking like a legit big man, and that Roy Rogers from BOS who's supposed to be the big man coach is doing a heckuva job so far. Frank too.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty CHI

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:55 pm

This sets up perfect for tomorrows game. Bulls will be playing their 3 game in 4 nights, 2nd night of a B2B, and looks like they are going to use up all their energy tonight trying to come back against ATL.

They should be worn out by tomorrows game, whether they come back to win or not.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Oracle

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Impossible to hide the truth from you it seems ... Now about your boxscore lambasting of Aaron Afflalo ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Cousins

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:45 pm

For anyone hoping the Kings change their mind about not trading Cousins, in the 1 game w/o him they beat NO by 16 pts. Tonight in his first game back they lose to MEM by 17. In the game before NO, they lost by 22 to the Knicks with Cousins playing.

If I'm the Kings I might be starting to think he doesn't fit and is messing up the chemistry. Maybe an addition by subtraction to get rid of him, and get some pieces back in the process. Because those are some extreme cases, albeit small sample sizes. But they've lost a lot of games with him, not just these 2. Last game he plays they lose by 22. First time he doesnt play they win by 16, next game he plays again and they lose by 17, lol. Those are pretty alarming shifts in results.

I think he's just doesnt fit that team or city. I dont think its because you cant win with him an he'd do the same here. At Kentucky he had no problem playing for Calipari and winning. SAC has never had success with players like Cousins. All their success has been with guys like Daye, Jerebko, etc. And we've always had success with players like DC. A trade makes perfect sense for both sides. Daye + 2012 #1 pick for Cousins.

Its ironic because Monroe is looking like the next C-Webb and would've fit their franchise perfect. Cousins is looking like the next Rasheed and would still fit our franchise perfect. They thought they were stealing our big by taking him 5th, knowing we wanted him. But they ended up getting screwed themselves because he doesnt want to be there, and we took the guy that would've fit them perfect, and now we might have a chance to get both of them.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Bulls pull out a 2pt win! Atlanta was up by 19 at one point, but then Rose went crazy.

Let's see how out "D" Holds up tomorrow.

@Grizz - I wasn't attacking Afflalo, that must have been somebody else. BTW, stay away from all of those young girls over there wearing those short school girl skirts.

I hear they wear them up until the age of 30, lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 am

Oracle wrote:Bulls pull out a 2pt win! @Grizz - I wasn't attacking Afflalo, that must have been somebody else. BTW, stay away from all of those young girls over there wearing those short school girl skirts.

I hear they wear them up until the age of 30, lol!

Oracle, true! lol ... watch yourself if you ever make over here ... They like westerners .... :lol:

Last edited by Grizz on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Trading for Cousins

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:14 am

Flip .. What you say makes sense about the Kings needing to trade Cousins .. and I hope their GM is smart enough to see that he should be traded ... But trading our number 1 pick? Only if we dont make the lottery .. Might happen .. I picked the Pistons to suck .. but .. Frank has me wondering if he is in the process of producing a miracle for the Pistons ..Funny to wonder whether the team is better off not tanking the season .. my guess is yes .. because if we win now . it wont be so much because of the suspected deadweight on the team but because of the young guys producing /developing in spades .. and Frank making his mark as a head coach .. Got a feeling that his awful 16 game losing streak-you're-fired experience, along with a few seasons on the Celtics bench as an assistant .. gave him plenty of perspective and motivation for becoming a much better head coach .. Kudos to Gore to over-ruling Dumars and getting Frank .. Of course . the bottom could fall out next week when we discover Big Ben, Prince and Jmax cannot keep up this good play .. but if they do .. credit Frank first and foremost...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Wise Says He looks Almost Like Dumars

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:11 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] So he probably wouldn't mind if we put this one up until he puts his own pic up, your next Wise.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next