Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty the most pathetic news yet...

Post  frankied Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Flip wrote:
Flip wrote:
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
RT @sam_amick: Source tells SI.com that big man Kyrylo Fesenko has agreed to one-year deal with Golden State (DAL/MIA/TOR WANTED HIM, TOO)

Sam Amick: Fesenko's one-year deal with Golden State is for the rest of the Ws' cap space: approx $1.07 million, source says. Twitter

So now Joe cant even land bigs who cost $1 mil on 1yr deals?

This has to be rock bottom for Joe. If Fesenko chose a $1 mil/1 yr deal to go be a backup in GS, over coming here, when we couldve offered anything up to the full MLE, and a starting spot, Joe has officially lost it.

wow! he only signed for one million, and joe either couldn't sign him by bidding higher or he decided that he had no interest in him, and wouldn't bid. are you telling me he's not worth 2 million a year? when they are paying charlie v almost 8 million to do whatever it is that he is doing.
either way, it is mind-boggling. after what has happened to the team the last two years and this preseason and last night, the idea that joe is sitting tight, and apparently satisfied with what he has...well, it is just crazy.
he has the MLE and i think he only has 13 roster spots filled so he can go out and get at least 2 other players if he wanted.
so let's see...
a guy like fesenko, who is a serviceable - at least - big man with nba experience is someone he has no interest in.
and he also apparently has no interest in a young seven footer from detroit who may need time to develop - keith benson...
i guess he's waiting on the second coming of akeem the dream to walk through the door...
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Vote for Me

Post  Lobo Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:17 pm

May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here..
As the lead singer and tamborine man of the "Tayshaun Prince Future-Hall-of-Fame Bandwagon Review" I would like to welcome you to the bottom of the L. Please keep your hands and feet inside the donkey cart at all times, its gonna be a rocky road leads to the pot of gold, Lord have mersy.

Lobo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty IT IS ALREADY UGLY OUT THERE

Post  Grizz Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Don .. You are right about Daye's defects but the point is ... We have no one else to play AND develop .. Daye is our best hope .. and that is not a positive statement ... It is just saying .. well the situation is terrible .. what is the best we can do considering Dumars has the team tied in knots in bad contracts and a serious lack of bigs, defensively challenged players, little or no post game, nor paint area defense? Daye is not the answer to our problems .. but we can try to get something out of the season by seeking to develop Daye ... What the hell do we have to lose? And at least he will make someone guard him .. It is on Frank to teach him where he is insufficient .. but otherwise .. throw Daye into the fire IMO .. and lets see what develops ... Amir Johnson and Aaron Afflalo should have been played and developed here and kept .. and we would be a stronger team with a slightly better future if we had ..

Last edited by Grizz on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Fesenko

Post  Grizz Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Flip .. Good reporting and great analysis... Pretty damning evidence that Dumars had lost it ... 3 Years ago .. after Billups and AA were given away .. one comment I had was .. sure you can continue the Dumars ride .. but bad stuff is likely to keep happening to the team if you do .. This is a prime example of that ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Maxiel Gets An E

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Maxiel ran around doing nothing for 16 minutes without scoring a point, rebound, or assist. Give him an E-. That’s like getting zero right on a multiple choice test.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Because if WE plan on going through the remainder of the season with OUR current roster, then WE are up Shit Creek without a paddle or a boat.
True... Joe just needs to float on deadwood (JMax's back) until the draft... it will be hard to screw up a top 5 pick.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:24 pm

looks like "Funky" made it to the board... Lobo huh?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:29 pm

merc wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Because if WE plan on going through the remainder of the season with OUR current roster, then WE are up Shit Creek without a paddle or a boat.
True... Joe just needs to float on deadwood (JMax's back) until the draft... it will be hard to screw up a top 5 pick.

LOL. Still cant believe Maxiells stat line from last night. scratch
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty knew he had not done much, but...

Post  frankied Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 am

Flip wrote:
merc wrote:
Sebastian wrote:

LOL. Still cant believe Maxiells stat line from last night. scratch
i had not realized his production, or lack of production, had been so bad.
instead of getting better, max is regressing.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty JOE DUMARS

Post  deusXango Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 am

Joe Dumars has made as genuine an effort that's humanly possible to demonstrate he has no interest in bettering this team. Why the owner and a number of fans refuse to acknowledge what he's saying is beyond me. The closest I can figure is these people want to punish Joe by keeping him on; that's as twisted as he is. He hires coaches to fire them...inept coaches with weak character; can't say "no" when they should! The smart ones with something on the ball stay away or get away from Joe ie. Rick Carlisle, Larry Brown, Avery Johnson, Doug Collins, and the recent hires around the league whom all have better credentials than Lawrence Frank. He finds lame excuses to give away promising talent...give away not trade away. He reneges on promises made to fans and never bothers to explain why, all while he's making some of the most outlandish decisions concerning roster personnel moves imaginal. With a straight face he comes before us with a spiel about mediocre talent like they're world shattering all-stars, and maintains a media hype machine that constantly echoes his madness. Cover-up artists. I've heard that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts aboslutely. I think that's where Joe Dumars is in the GM's chair of the Detroit Pistons; time for the mad king to be laid low.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty i think binx, my dog, would...

Post  frankied Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 am

get a rebound or an assist if he ran around the court for as long as max did. binx has better court vision than max is showing these days.
i wonder what has happened to him...
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Maxiell

Post  Flip Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:23 am

0 pts, 0 rebs, and 0 asts in 17 min.

How he got past 5 min with that stat line is a head scratcher. How Knight, our #1 pick, ended up with the same minutes as our 5th string big man, who had zero's across the board, is even more confusing.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty MORE ON JOE DUMARS

Post  deusXango Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:25 am

Once this years edition of the Dumars Pistons sink to the bottom of the barrell and recieve the first pick in the draft lottery, experience has indicated that Joe will select the 12th man on the board; Goodwill, Langlois, and crew will be endlessly quoted stating "every GM in the league would have taken that player if they were in Joe's shoes." We all know what Dumars will do with a high draft pick while we're bull$#!tt!ng about it's okay to suck 'cause we need a such & such draft pick. We're screwed either way it goes as long as Dumars is in charge!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:27 am

frankied wrote:get a rebound or an assist if he ran around the court for as long as max did. binx has better court vision than max is showing these days.
i wonder what has happened to him...

binx > max anyday.

The funniest thing is I remember a rebound that came right to him, the other pacers already ran up the court and conceded Max had it, but he then bounced it off his own knee out of bounds and didnt get credit, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:31 am

deusXango wrote:Once this years edition of the Dumars Pistons sink to the bottom of the barrell and recieve the first pick in the draft lottery, experience has indicated that Joe will select the 12th man on the board; Goodwill, Langlois, and crew will be endlessly quoted stating "every GM in the league would have taken that player if they were in Joe's shoes." We all know what Dumars will do with a high draft pick while we're bull$#!tt!ng about it's okay to suck 'cause we need a such & such draft pick. We're screwed either way it goes as long as Dumars is in charge!

Very true, Deus. Just look to the left of my post to see what Joe does at the top of drafts, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty agreed, deusX...

Post  frankied Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:48 am

Flip wrote:
deusXango wrote:Once this years edition of the Dumars Pistons sink to the bottom of the barrell and recieve the first pick in the draft lottery, experience has indicated that Joe will select the 12th man on the board; Goodwill, Langlois, and crew will be endlessly quoted stating "every GM in the league would have taken that player if they were in Joe's shoes." We all know what Dumars will do with a high draft pick while we're bull$#!tt!ng about it's okay to suck 'cause we need a such & such draft pick. We're screwed either way it goes as long as Dumars is in charge!

Very true, Deus. Just look to the left of my post to see what Joe does at the top of drafts, lol.
yep, it is almost like he thinks the fans are so stupid they will think its raining, all the while he's p@ssing on them.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty jimmer looks pretty good...

Post  frankied Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:50 am

sacremento is playing portland tonight and i get a chance to see jimmer fredette.
he looks pretty good. definitely like a real point guard. he came into the game and just took over sacremento's offense.
and he can definitely shoot it.
he can't guard anyone yet, but he definitely knows what to do on the offensive end.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Good news and bad news

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 am

The good news is that NBA teams generally start out bad and get a lot better as the season progresses.

The bad news is that the Pistons aren't one of those teams!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:16 am

frankied wrote:yep, it is almost like he thinks the fans are so stupid they will think its raining, all the while he's p@ssing on them.

I was fooled until the rain turned into a tsunami, with a curious smell...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Joe Can't Even Bring in Fesenko:Dumars Firing Now in Effect

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 am

Jeez Joe, it gets down to Jelly Time about Fesenko & your decision on him is to eat the whole box of Jelly-Filled instead of picking us up a big, Swing & a Miss Jelly-Joe, you watched the same Blow-Out game last night as we did & your response was to WHIFF again knowing we needed a center, so Bye Bye Miss American Pie, the Joe Dumars watch for his firing is now in effect, what a waste of knowledge Joe, you really think this team is acceptable the way it is? Pizz on ya Joe, if your that stupid I hope that Gores shows you how to run a team, Bring in Laimbeer. First order of business after your obnoxious showing is to hit the door Joe. How long before Joe is Fired?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty a statistical view of tayshaun...

Post  frankied Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:18 am

came across this article, which provides a very detailed statistical analysis of tay.
miami was thinking of signing him, apparently, and this writer argued against it, showing that tay's recent performance has been below average, according to the hard, cold numbers.
the conclusions he comes to basically mirror exactly what most of the forum says about tay, but it was nice seeing someone approach it from a statistical view.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Tay

Post  Grizz Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:15 am

Frankie .. Thanks for that link .. Tay obviously does better surrounded by talent .. who doesnt? but ... In addition to so so stats .. the Heat dont really need Tay ..Miami still needs bigs and a proven PG .. just like us ...too bad our SFs and SGs arent as good as the Heat's :lol: ... I am betting there wasnt a lot of interest in Tay at the salary he was asking for ... except for Joe D .. and I respect Joe for signing Tay as a loyalty thing .. but really Tay does not fit into our rebuilding ... he doesnt add anything to help the young guys get better and I predict he will be injured for a good chunk of the contract and / or just dog it .. because there is no motivation for Prince to be playing as a Piston anymore .. Tay should have gone for a smaller contract on a contender ...would have been better for him and for us ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Pistons trying to lure fans back to the Palace

Post  WTF Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:08 am

Why not put a freaking ferris wheel on the damn court, offer free admission and pass out free popcorn and fucking cotton candy. Really Vince Ellis both you and Goodwill are amazingly stupid to write such dumb ass article about the cosmetic changes to the Palace as if new big screens are a must see event.

This what's wrong with the NBA it's no longer a sport and it's obvious that both Gore and Joe has lost touch with the idea that fans want to see winning basketball, star players when they attend games and not the current group of circus clowns they're passing off as a team.

Honestly I could care less if the Palace had any big screens if the team had players on the court I wanted to see play or were actually contending with the likes of Miami, Chicago and others. Don't fix the Palace dum dums fix the fucking team first then hire your decorators to come in and re-paint the ceilings.

IMO the Teal Years where better because the young talent was better, the coaching was better. You can't argue that Grant Hill, Houston, Stackhouse, Hunter, and Ratliff didn't draw the attention of fans. You can't argue that they were more exciting and competitive than this going through the motion bunch we seen the pass 3 season. FIX THE FREAKING TEAM!!!!!

You want fans to return then fix the damn team.....

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Direct Hit!

Post  Grizz Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:14 am

Wise.. that is telling it like it is! Amen!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty A WINNING EFFORT

Post  deusXango Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:04 am

Joe signed Damien Wilkins, Tayshaun Prince, Jonas Jerebko, and Rodney Stuckey. Joe got rid of that cancer Rip Hamilton. I mean damn!!! Shocked
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next