Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Big Ben

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:58 am

In honor of Big Ben's great D on Howard and 5 stls in the game tonight, I'm going with the classic Big Ben block on Shaq as my avatar.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty TMac

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:11 am

TMac DESTROYED Miami down the stretch.

He displayed the full package, assists, 3pt shots, and leading the team.

He owes Joe a HUGE vote of thanks!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:16 am

Oracle wrote:TMac DESTROYED Miami down the stretch.

I'm gonna have to watch that later on LP archive. Happy for TMac, and he does owe Joe and Arnie big time, too bad we couldn't get a S&T for him, but I think his contract prevented it for some reason. ATL looks good. He can pay back Joe by duplicating that performance against CHI tomorrow night, and wearing them out for our game Wed. Very Happy

I know he owes CHI payback too for calling him a bench player last year in FA, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty OH!..One more thing........

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:56 am

Rett wrote:dang...I wish Stuck would finish at the basket!!

Suspect

First off Rett, I owe you an apology, and I sincerely regret offending you on opening night. With the last two exciting wins those 3 horrid loses seem like ages ago.
I am Stuckey's biggest critic but considering what the team has done overall, let's give him a pass for now. I am impressed with what Frank is doing with his troops.
GO PISTONS!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty It really is CLEAR...

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:58 am

That this team could be a playoff team with the addition of a banging big!

Don't get me wrong Ben Wallace doesn't play like a 37 year old, but he isn't the future either.

JMax has had a great couple of games, and if he keeps it up, he could cement a position on the bench.

But we need a REAL center to contend for the playoffs, and if we can get an athletic SF too, it would really be on.

I resisted calling JJ a SF, but he didn't gain as much weight as I thought, and he really does look like a SF.

Prince has been doing alright, but he's also done some dumb things for a vet. IMO, it's time to move on from Prince. Not getting rid of him just yet, but letting a younger SF start, and have him come off the bench.

Either way, I'm happy with the effort! I want to win, but I can deal with losing when the effort and coaching is there, because that means that sound fundamentals are being drilled into the youngsters.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:13 am

Looks like Goodwill don't wanna let the Cousins thing go... says he's got a source (prolly his Grandmama)...
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty t mac did look good...

Post  frankied Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:19 am

Flip wrote:
Oracle wrote:TMac DESTROYED Miami down the stretch.

I'm gonna have to watch that later on LP archive. Happy for TMac, and he does owe Joe and Arnie big time, too bad we couldn't get a S&T for him, but I think his contract prevented it for some reason. ATL looks good. He can pay back Joe by duplicating that performance against CHI tomorrow night, and wearing them out for our game Wed. Very Happy

I know he owes CHI payback too for calling him a bench player last year in FA, lol.
he is in the perfect situation for him.
a vet on a team that might be able to contend if things work out.
good for him.
it works out for him, atlanta gets a veteran presence.
he needs to be on that type of team and NOT on a mediocre/bad team that is not contending.
i am going to watch the orlando game tonight, so i'll have something to say about it once i do.
i was nice, however, that they got the win and kicked that overrated dwight howard's butt.

frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Goodwill on Cousins

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:33 am

merc wrote:Looks like Goodwill don't wanna let the Cousins thing go... says he's got a source (prolly his Grandmama)...

Yeah, either his Grandma, or he's talking to his arse again.

I like Daye, but I could live with them taking Daye and CV, but I'm still concerned about what the real problem is with Cousins.

He's having problems with the coach and other players. What's the deal?

We can't have that kind of locker room instability or our entire season will be blown!

I know Cousins and monroe are somewhat close, i.e. not real friends, but mutual respect. Will it last if they have to play together?

If Joe is considering this, he better do his homework on Cousins, and have a long talk with him before any moves are made.

IMO, Joe is probably one of maybe two teams that would consider Cousins, and I believe Joe has the upper hand because Detroit is one of Cousins preferred destinations.

Sacramento, for those that haven't been there, is a woeful town. The staduim is sort of in cow country, and there's absolutely nothing going on there! Detroit would be a HUGE improvement in everything a normal human could want lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty One thing I don't understand...

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 am

Is why in the world is Wilking getting so many minutes?

Ok, Daye got off to a slow start, but IMO, you have to let youngsters play through that if you believe in them. Besides, I would rather see Daye and Macklin get 5 minutes each than see Wilkins get 11 minutes.

I don't see how CV gets much more than the 38 seconds he got tonight if you truly are stressing defense first. I can live with that, but he would fit better with a western team that wants to gun all night long.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty DeMarcus Cousins "stillon" Pistons' radar

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:38 am

I see Goodwill "stillon" doesnt know how to use spell check, lol

Either he can't spell, or he has the worst editor ever. He has at least like 2-3 errors like this in every article, lol.

Good to hear we are still after Cousins though. I thought that was over once Kings said they weren't trading him.

Reminds me a lot of the Sheed trade. First because Cousins IS the new Rasheed of the NBA, it seems. But also, I remember that 2003-04 season, there was the same type of rumblings about POR possibly trading Sheed, and the Pistons had been trying to get a deal done all that year, but POR wasn't sold yet on trading him. Then in the 11th hour Joe finally got a deal done.

This seems very similar. Theres talk about him being traded, Kings say they dont want to, but now will "entertain offers", says Goodwill, and the Pistons being in hot pursuit will likely try up until the deadline to get a deal done.

I really like Jerebko as a player and person, and he's having a great year, but I'm not sure I wouldn't trade him for Cousins if thats what it took. I'd hate to do it to Jerebko, but Monroe-Cousins would be the best frontcourt in basketball in about 3-5 yrs, and they'd both still only be around 25, just entering their prime.

With Jerebko, if he keeps playing like this his trade value is going to skyrocket. And if I'm the Kings I might look at JJ as the "Anti-Cousins". JJ is the model teammate and professional, and if he is putting up close to the same production, which he is right now. Maybe the Kings will see it as the perfect solution to their problem. You get the same production, but a guy who's a great teammate and causes no problems at all.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Joe

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:48 am

One thing about Joe, he doesn't go hard after players very often, but when he really likes a player he usually goes after them hard and gets them, or at least comes close. If Joe really wants Cousins, we know Cousins wants to play here, I think we have a great chance of actually getting him, IF he does get traded. Its all up to the Maloof's though.

Joe needs to give the Maloofs one of those great sales pitches he's been giving us for all these years. Wink
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Cousins

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 am

Anyway .. the president of the kings denies that Cousins is on the trading block .. might be bs-ing, and Cousins denies he has asked for a trade .. but that is what both parties say .. I think all of us would roll with Cousins so long as the price is low .but there is a heck of a chance he is not going anywhere...

Last edited by Grizz on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Always Happy when the Heat lose

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:08 am

Smile The Zone helped beat the Heat in the finals .. and works again for the Hawks .
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty . DeMarcus Cousins "stillon" Pistons' radar

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:56 am

Flip we got Sheed from the Hawks not Portland.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Jerebko

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:39 am

He is the real deal. Nice to see Gordon on his game, and Brandon Knight showing flashes of brilliance.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Nice To See A Win

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:01 am

But just don't know how please I am with it happening on the backs of Ben, Tay and JMax carrying this team during a rebuild. Hearing this say's that Joe will remain complacent and sit on his hands not making a trade if he can get enough people to buy in on a few wins. I would much rather be sitting in the Wizards spot with no wins a youth filled rosters that's developing. Looking at them and watching Blatche, Megee, Walls, and Young all starting I ask why not Knight, Stuckey, JJ, Monroe and Macklin.

Tay, Ben and JMax aren't the future of this team and neither is BG and CV to a certain degree, by the time we're in a position to compete or should be all the players mentioned will likely be gone. Imagine Washington getting the #1 this summer in for years time they could be contending while were just getting our noses wet in the playoffs.

Cousin would be a great pick up at the right price and keeping the #1 pick in sight could do wonders for us as far as developing a team for the future. I would be more happy seeing Monroe, Stuckey, JJ and Knight carrying this team then the Ben's, JMax and Tay. This could start smelling like the same O' same of last season just without the drama.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:06 am

Looking at his photo I see some baby fat under his arms and no muscle tone. Seem like one of these guys who was just bigger than everyone else and never really worked on his strenght. I bet Arnie and Bjg Ben could fix that with some magic drink and a little work out though they could do nothing for Tay and Prince.

The likely problem with Cousins is that he was sold on his own hype to find out it was only a bunch of BS'ing by the Kings and he's been unhappy every since. Be careful Cousins as Joe speak similar BS as well or out of both sides of his mouth. Yet some how I think Frank, Arnie and Big Ben can get you righted on the fundamentals needed and the right workout so that you can compete.

Hard to believe a player who hasn't lived up to his hype on a rookie contract could be demanding a trade....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Always Happy when the Heat lose

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 am

Grizz wrote: Smile The Zone helped beat the Heat in the finals .. and works again for the Hawks .

Who isn't?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Nice To See A Win

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:12 am

WISEFAN wrote:But just don't know how please I am with it happening on the backs of Ben, Tay and JMax carrying this team during a rebuild. Hearing this say's that Joe will remain complacent and sit on his hands not making a trade if he can get enough people to buy in on a few wins.

Cynic .. myself and others have ragged on some of our getting-in-the-way-of-rebuilding players like Ben W and Jmax .. and Prince .. They have shown us in the Magic game that they werent just phoning it in like they seemed to be the first 3 games of the season ... If this becomes a regular thing, then at the very least, the Pistons have found a very good coach who motivates and leads even the walking dead back to being real NBA players again .. As long as there is some rebuilding going on .. I can live with winning regularly .. Somehow .. I dont think that is going to be to much of a problem though (if it is, then Frank has really proven me wrong by being a great coach) .. But if we ever turn out to be a team that almost always loses, then it is certainly a must that the younger players play big minutes ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:42 am

First, great win last night. I was imrpressed that Jerebko and Monroe led the Pistons past the Magic on the boards. I don't mind Maxiell playing significant minutes off the bench, if he continues to play well. It's about time JMax starting earning that contract of his. Ben Gordon hit his shots and dished 6 asts.

On Cousins, I'm mixed. I don't think we could land Cousins without giving up our #1 pick in 2012, and that's too much to give up for a head case. OTOH, if we keep playing like last night, our #1 pick might not even be a lottery pick. Bottom line: we should probably pass on Cousins.

Monroe is looking better and better as Joe's 1st round pick in 2010. At this point, only John Wall is playing better than Monroe, but Wall sure isn't helping his team win.

Last edited by Murph on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Frank

Post  Murph Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:03 am

I like the fact that Frank isn't afraid to go with a shortened line-up, and sit the guys who aren't playing well. Last night Frank continued to sit Bynum, Daye and CV, 3 of our weakest defensive players.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:21 am

Geoff Petrie is sounding strangely like our Joe Dumars when it comes to evaluating the value of his players. DeMarcus Cousins is a talent for sure, but he's the big man with attitude, playing for a bottom dwelling team, that appears to be going nowhere, so for me player(s) and a potentially high first round draft pick is ludacrous. With all his supposed talent, his production has been mediocre overall; he's not a high scorer, big rebounder, amazing shot-blocker, or team leader. Petrie wants our first pick this year, or Jerebko?! WTF??!! Should Maxiell continue to play the way he has I would consider him and a couple of second rounders to be quite generous. The value with the Pistons is the size he brings, how our frontline would look down the line with him, J.J. and Monroe, and the way we've begun to play, he's better than anyone we can get with a 12-16 pick this year; the initial speculation was we'd end up with one of the top 3 picks. That being said, he's a gamble. The only redeeming factor would be, Cousins is so in love with Detroit, and Joe Dumars, that he's been showing his ass in Sacramento to get here.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty False Reporting By Murph

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:56 am

Murph wrote:I like the fact that Frank isn't afraid to go with a shortened line-up, and sit the guys who aren't playing well. Last night Frank continued to sit Bynum, Daye and CV, 3 of our weakest defensive players.

That's not why CV hasn't played
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:03 pm

I don't care what the news reports indicate, Cousins is on the trading blocks. Where there is smoke, there is certainly fire.

If Joe is able to acquire Cousins via a trade, it will go a long way to rebuilding Joe's reputation.

I say move Daye and OUR 2012 Pick for the guy. It may appear a steep price, but consider that Daye plays like a college freshman and Cousins is only one year removed from his Draft class, essentially just as good as (with NBA experience already) any of the younguns that will declare for the 2012 Draft.

Go get him, Joe!

But, OUR most stiffest competition that would be interested in the services of DeMarcus Cousins are the Washington Wizards.

The Wizards could offer JeVele McGee or Andre Blatche (a head case himself) and don't forget that John Wall and Cousins were former teammates at Kentucky.

Read more -
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 36 Empty Cousins ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Another team that would be competing to acquire the services of Cousins are the Houston Rockets - [Only admins are allowed to see this link].

I still say let's try to get this guy.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next