Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+2
lemonpen
Murph
6 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Kentucky Connection

Post  Murph Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:49 am

It just occurred to me. Nerlens Noel attended Kentucky, Casey’s alma matter. That virtually insures that Casey will play Noel major minutes. As long as he’s healthy, Noel will play...guaranteed.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Depth Chart

Post  Murph Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:42 am

I just can’t get use to the new smaller NBA. Now it’s not unusual to find 6’5 small forwards (Diallo), 6’7 power forwards (Bojan) and 6’8 centers (Stewart).  

Some of this is due to the new requirement that players list their accurate height in stocking feet, as opposed to their height in shoes, and some of it’s due to a desire to insert more 3 point shooting into the lineup.  Whatever it is, I don’t like it.

With that in mind, if I were Casey, I’d start 6’11 Bagley at center, with 6’11 Noel  backing him up.  I’d start 6’7 Bojan at PF (until he can be traded) with 6’8 Stewart backing him up.  And I’d start 6’7 Bey at SF, with 6’7 Livers backing him up.  This would make our rotation slightly less undersized.

CC, Hayes
Ivey, Burks
Bey, Livers
Bojan, Stewart
Bagley, Noel

Last edited by Murph on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Bojan and Noel

Post  Murph Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:58 am

Don’t get me wrong.  I like both these guys as players.  But their ages don’t fit with our timeline.  Bojan will be 33 and Noel will be 28 this year.

We aren’t contenders yet.  Even if, and that’s a huge “if”,... even if we win 40 games this year, we still might not make the play-ins.  And even then, the play-ins are only 1 or 2  games.   

Shouldn’t we be grooming both Bojan and Noel in order to trade them?  Shouldn’t we play them extensive minutes up until the trade deadline, and then trade them for value?  We did that successfully with Grant and Olynyk.  Let’s do it again.

The same is true for Alec Burks and Corey Joseph, both of whom will be 31 this season.  We should trade them at the deadline for value, if we can.

We’re still 2 or 3 years away from serious contention, I think.  We should continue to focus on building and developing our core of young players.

Last edited by Murph on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Noel

Post  lemonpen Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:01 pm

cool breeze wrote:So a player cannot dream anymore with the judge and jury being most likely people who have done nothing in their lives but live with their parents too long. We have a player who is dreaming about being the defensive player of the year. I love it and how long has it been since we have had a Piston player dream about that? People who have not played sports or maybe been involved in basketball coaching might ridicule a guy who has had the unfortunate luck of sustaining injuries have have hampered their careers in the NBA. Being injured changes everything. But so many times in current times have overcome injuries to excel and prove everyone wrong. I am hoping this happens this season for Mr. Noel. I like him a lot. He is tough and plays the right way. I believe he should be the Pistons starter if healthy or at least be on the floor in crunch time. Many fans believe that our rookie center will dominate playing time this season at the center position. Based on his summer league play I can't understand how anyone could believe that will actually happen. He is extremely young and inexperienced and should take at least 2 or 3 years to impact the league significantly. That is unless the Piston brain trust decides they will play the rookie extensive minutes and risk losing big time when our star players, Cunningham and Bey decide they want a trade. These young guys want to win now not suffer through long nights for the next two seasons because the best players are sitting on the bench too much.  The coaching staff needs to do the right thing and  and if so they should win way more games and the experts predict.

I am puzzled that the Pistons wouldn't keep a former All Star point guard on their roster until at least the trade deadline instead of doing a buyout. The Pistons now have a high percentage scorer who can play both power forward and small forward. I am not sure I would trade him for Crowder but either player will have a huge positive impact on this young Piston team. We need a dead eye scorer who can create space so I would lean towards keeping the guy we now have locked up. What a great trade. I was against the earlier trade proposals but giving up Lee and Kelly O to make this trade happen is a no brainer. I really like Lee but now that he is away from Casey things should get much better for him at Utah.

The plan should dictate that Noel doesn't see enough playing PT to receive a sniff of DPOY consideration. I'm sure Noel recognizes his situation and isn't pleased. I tend to believe his DPOY statement is more of an indirect plea to be moved. I'm not surprised, nor do I blame him. This is the most important time in a player's career. A contract year. A time when he is desperate to prove his worth for what could be his last sizeable deal.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:27 pm

Murph wrote:So Crowder wants out of Phoenix, and Phoenix has an interest in Bojan.  So can something be worked out?

Crowder is on an expiring contract, and he’s just the kind of tough, defensive minded, enforcer that every team needs.  Crowder is full of Piston DNA.   I’d love to see Crowder starting at PF, at least until the trade deadline.

Phoenix has a couple of other interesting pieces.  Saric is on an expiring contract also.  And Shamet is young and has the potential to develop into an excellent shooter.

Would anyone trade Bojan for Crowder, Saric and a 1st round pick?  How about Bojan for Crowder and Shamet?   I’d do both those trades.

I can't believe the Suns would go for this idea Murph. Crowder seemed out of gas after the first round of the playoffs last season. I really like Bojan. He has an extremely high basketball IQ and is a guy who creates good team chemistry. Crowder played well for the most part for the Suns with his toughness. Ayton drew a lot of attention from opposing defenses which helped Crowder's offense. The Pistons don't have a offensive weapon at center like Ayton so I would go with Bojan who will really help Cade's offensive game.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Nerlens Noel has been taking a negative hit on cruel social media platforms but i live what he is saying

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:16 pm

So a player cannot dream anymore with the judge and jury being most likely people who have done nothing in their lives but live with their parents too long. We have a player who is dreaming about being the defensive player of the year. I love it and how long has it been since we have had a Piston player dream about that? People who have not played sports or maybe been involved in basketball coaching might ridicule a guy who has had the unfortunate luck of sustaining injuries have have hampered their careers in the NBA. Being injured changes everything. But so many times in current times have overcome injuries to excel and prove everyone wrong. I am hoping this happens this season for Mr. Noel. I like him a lot. He is tough and plays the right way. I believe he should be the Pistons starter if healthy or at least be on the floor in crunch time. Many fans believe that our rookie center will dominate playing time this season at the center position. Based on his summer league play I can't understand how anyone could believe that will actually happen. He is extremely young and inexperienced and should take at least 2 or 3 years to impact the league significantly. That is unless the Piston brain trust decides they will play the rookie extensive minutes and risk losing big time when our star players, Cunningham and Bey decide they want a trade. These young guys want to win now not suffer through long nights for the next two seasons because the best players are sitting on the bench too much. The coaching staff needs to do the right thing and and if so they should win way more games and the experts predict.

I am puzzled that the Pistons wouldn't keep a former All Star point guard on their roster until at least the trade deadline instead of doing a buyout. The Pistons now have a high percentage scorer who can play both power forward and small forward. I am not sure I would trade him for Crowder but either player will have a huge positive impact on this young Piston team. We need a dead eye scorer who can create space so I would lean towards keeping the guy we now have locked up. What a great trade. I was against the earlier trade proposals but giving up Lee and Kelly O to make this trade happen is a no brainer. I really like Lee but now that he is away from Casey things should get much better for him at Utah.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty On the Trade Proposal with Phoenix

Post  Sparma Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:00 pm

I'd go for the second deal. Concerning the second, Shamet's young, as you say, and he's shooting 39% for his career from 3.
That's excellent, albeit still on quite a limited sample size. I'm doubting that Phoenix would give him up for a much older guy on an expiring deal.

Less sure about that first deal. Phoenix should still win a bunch of games in the regular season, so that it'd be a really low 1st.

What's the story on Phoenix being eager to trade Crowder? Seems like a guy who could help them. Red flag?

Also, two conflicting background feelings bear. First, I really hope that the Pistons don't end up moving from winning an expected 28 or so, to 30-34 (still out of the play in by last year's standings) IF that means they drop a bunch in draft odds. On the other hand, what draws me most into the Bogdanovic trade is finding out how Cunningham and Ivey do along with an outstanding shooter. Along those lines, I like that Weaver worked hard early in Cade's contract to get him a very good shooting complement.

In all, that makes me lean to wanting to see how it plays out until February, then going for a first rounder, one better than Phoenix's, if they're floundering at that point. That said, I would take that second trade. And maybe I'm underestimating the potential impact of Crowder.
Murph wrote:So Crowder wants out of Phoenix, and Phoenix has an interest in Bojan.  So can something be worked out?

Crowder is on an expiring contract, and he’s just the kind of tough, defensive minded, enforcer that every team needs.  Crowder is full of Piston DNA.   I’d love to see Crowder starting at PF, at least until the trade deadline.

Phoenix has a couple of other interesting pieces.  Saric is on an expiring contract also.  And Shamet is young and has the potential to develop into an excellent shooter.

Would anyone trade Bojan for Crowder, Saric and a 1st round pick?  How about Bojan for Crowder and Shamet?   I’d do both those trades.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Trade Proposal

Post  Murph Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:59 am

So Crowder wants out of Phoenix, and Phoenix has an interest in Bojan.  So can something be worked out?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty What the Flying F$%K??? Celtics Coach Ime Udoka Suspended for 2022-23 NBA Season!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:17 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Da Trade...

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:07 pm

Murph, I really agree with your comment: "Lee will be missed.  Like Garza, he did everything right, and everything he could to win a permanent roster spot. Good luck and Godspeed to Lee."

Two really good guys, that didn't get a full opportunity here in spite of being hard workers and going the extra mile to do what we asked of them. This happens way too much, and is generally because they're asked to do things that don't complement their game, all in the name of doing what's best for the team.

The idiot Lakers are a prime example! Anthony Davis got hurt in NO because the team needed him to play center. AD complained because he KNOWS he's a 4, but he did what they wanted and got hurt early and often.

Then the Lakers decided to do the same damn thing, and they got the same result, a player that can't get out of the MASH Unit! Why the stupidity?

Bojan Bogdanovic Trade: I LOVE this move, it helps us on a lot of levels.

1. He's a 39% career 3-point shooter, the dude is a sure-fire floor spacer.
2. His defense is only slightly below average, but I don't see that hurting us much, we're going to be good defensively
3. He's had many DEEP playoff runs, so the veteran experience is going to help this young team
4. I liked Kelly, unlike Murph, but with him gone, Duren has a clearer path to getting more minutes, and maybe starting by mid season if things work out.

IMO, this is a CLASSIC Weaver move! High value for the team. I'm not worried about his age, this isn't a "build the core" move, this is just a smart basketball move to prepare us for what's coming... LOVE IT!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Two BoBogs???

Post  Murph Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:20 am

Do you realize there are two Bogdanovics playing in the NBA?   There’s our Bojan Bogdanovic, and then there’s some dude named Bogdan Bogdanovic playing for Atlanta.  

They’re both about 6’7 and make about $19 million a year.  And this has been going on for 5 years???

They would be an announcer’s nightmare if they ever played in the same team. lol

If Weaver ever acquired the other BoBogs, poor old George Blaha would have a stroke.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Thoughts

Post  lemonpen Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:21 pm

Now we have $50 mil worth of CAP relief wrapped up in 4 dudes. Troy's head must be spinning in delight at the potential for wheeling-and-dealing.

I'm happy for Lee. Unfortunately, his opportunity had just about dried up, with the exception of anything created by random injury.

Happy to see Kelly go too. He turned out to be another sideline wonder. His uniform was a 3-pc suit.

Bo Bog is an interesting pickup. Not sure he's a strong enough defender to start, but coupled with Burks and Livers we could construct quite a bomb squad off of the bench. Hayes would never have to shoot again. dance dance

Going out on a limb .............. put me down for 40 Wins !!!!!!!

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty “Wow” Is Right

Post  Murph Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:24 pm

I have mixed emotions about this one.  Olynyk (or The Turd as I liked to call him) was one of my least favorite Pistons in a long time.  He will not be missed.  And Kudos to Weaver to be able to turn Olynyk into a somewhat valuable asset like Bojan.

Lee will be missed.  Like Garza, he did everything right, and everything he could to win a permanent roster spot. Good luck and Godspeed to Lee.

I suppose Bojan will step into the starting lineup at SF, at least until he can be traded.  This will push Bey to the starting PF spot, which will set up a dogfight between Stewart and Bagley for the starting center spot.  

I’m guessing Stewart will win that contest and push Bagley to the bench.  In a way, that’s too bad. I was looking forward to seeing if Stewart could adapt as a starting PF.  

All this will make the Pistons starting lineup significantly shorter, and worse defensively.  It basically subs in Bojan for Bagley.  But of course, it will significantly improve the shooting.

What will we get for Bojan, eventually?  I would be ecstatic if we could get a useful young player and a mid to late 1st round pick, as Sparma suggested.  

Sparma wrote:Wow, Don just asked about this, with Murph responding.

Woj cited at the Spun: "According to ESPN insider Adrian Wojnarowski, the Jazz are finalizing a trade with the Pistons. They're sending forward Bojan Bogdanovic to Detroit for Kelly Olynyk and Saben Lee."

Initial reaction: definitely the kind of player (shooter) we need, but not the right age (as Murph pointed out.)

If it leads to a jump this year, cool (unless we win a few more and lose draft odds big time).

If the team falters into February, conversely, we could probably trade Bojan for a low first, or an unprotected first in '29 or so (if the Lakers feel like dealing then).  Also cool.

Kelly O played well here.  Saben Lee still has a lot of promise.  Best wishes to both of them.

And it's that 2 for 1 we've been waiting for!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Bojan

Post  Sparma Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm

Wow, Don just asked about this, with Murph responding.

Woj cited at the Spun: "According to ESPN insider Adrian Wojnarowski, the Jazz are finalizing a trade with the Pistons. They're sending forward Bojan Bogdanovic to Detroit for Kelly Olynyk and Saben Lee."

Initial reaction: definitely the kind of player (shooter) we need, but not the right age (as Murph pointed out.)

If it leads to a jump this year, cool (unless we win a few more and lose draft odds big time).

If the team falters into February, conversely, we could probably trade Bojan for a low first, or an unprotected first in '29 or so (if the Lakers feel like dealing then).  Also cool.

Kelly O played well here.  Saben Lee still has a lot of promise.  Best wishes to both of them.

And it's that 2 for 1 we've been waiting for!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparma Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:07 am

Thanks for that detailed and insightful scouting report in response to Murph's question, Don.

On a different topic: I see that Frank Jackson's signed with Phoenix. It will be interesting to see if they can draw out more of his potential. He started very well here with his shooting, but then stalled or even regressed last year. I doubt his defense will ever be good, but his willingness to pass could easily improve. For a minute it looks like he was taking a jump getting to the basket.

cool breeze wrote:
Murph wrote:Don...I agree.  Bogdanovic would be a nice addition to a contending team to put them over the top.  But we have no need for him on the Pistons.  

I get the feeling that sports writers include the Pistons in every trade scenario just because they need to write something, and they know we have cap space and expiring contracts.

What do you think of Azuolas Tubelis?  He’s listed as a 6’10, 245 lb PF, who’s been a 2 year starter for Arizona.  He seems to be an excellent rebounder, with good hands and handles.  He’ll be 21 at the time of next year’s draft, and he’s originally from Lithuania.

He’s projected to go in the mid second round. He looks like a steal as a 2nd round pick. Should the Pistons take a flyer on him?   Could he be a poor man’s Jokic?

cool breeze wrote:I am a bit negative on this idea although I really like the way Bojan plays basketball. He is a good floor spacer the Pistons could use if Cade's shooting percentage fails to improve. I don't want the Lakers to get Noel. If Noel can stay healthy he will make the defense so much better. Was looking forward to watching Noel and Burks play for the Pistons. It is time to feature Bey as the floor spacer. This guy is perfecting his 3 point shot and he can score off the dribble well with that powerful body. The Pistons do not need Bogdanovic in my opinion. I see Utah making a trade with the Suns perhaps

Murph you really have a sharp basketball mind. Tubelis has been under the radar for a long time. I thought he was the best player on Arizona's team as a freshman. He made some extremely difficult plays that won games as time was expiring. He did everything well as a freshman. Sean Miller coached him that year. Last season with a new coach and style Tubelis adjusted and still he performed well but he didn't touch the ball in his sweet spots on the floor as much because of the ball sharing philosophy of the coach.  Then over the last few games before the PAC12 tournament the coach decided to play both centers more which reduced his playing time and his rhythm in my opinion. I don't know if he was injured as well or just went through a slump shooting the ball. His last game in the NCAA tournament was a big disappointment. Arizona won the PAC12 and the conference tournament but the team didn't look as strong going into the NCAA tournament or earlier in the season. I can't fault the coach for the downward trend going into the Big Dance but not having Tubelis playing his best really prevented the team from making the Final 4. This year should be special for him. He could have signed for significant money in Europe but decided to come back. His brother had something to do with that and is also on Arizona's team but his talent is in the classroom more than basketball. Tubelis is a powerful guy who has a good shooting touch and can score in many ways in the paint and he is a good defender/rebounder. Sorry for giving you too much information but I really like this guy. He will be a solid pro and should go in the first round.  
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:27 pm

[quote="Murph"]Don...I agree.  Bogdanovic would be a nice addition to a contending team to put them over the top.  But we have no need for him on the Pistons.  

I get the feeling that sports writers include the Pistons in every trade scenario just because they need to write something, and they know we have cap space and expiring contracts.

What do you think of Azuolas Tubelis?  He’s listed as a 6’10, 245 lb PF, who’s been a 2 year starter for Arizona.  He seems to be an excellent rebounder, with good hands and handles.  He’ll be 21 at the time of next year’s draft, and he’s originally from Lithuania.

He’s projected to go in the mid second round. He looks like a steal as a 2nd round pick. Should the Pistons take a flyer on him?   Could he be a poor man’s Jokic?

[quote="cool breeze"]I am a bit negative on this idea although I really like the way Bojan plays basketball. He is a good floor spacer the Pistons could use if Cade's shooting percentage fails to improve. I don't want the Lakers to get Noel. If Noel can stay healthy he will make the defense so much better. Was looking forward to watching Noel and Burks play for the Pistons. It is time to feature Bey as the floor spacer. This guy is perfecting his 3 point shot and he can score off the dribble well with that powerful body. The Pistons do not need Bogdanovic in my opinion. I see Utah making a trade with the Suns perhaps

Murph you really have a sharp basketball mind. Tubelis has been under the radar for a long time. I thought he was the best player on Arizona's team as a freshman. He made some extremely difficult plays that won games as time was expiring. He did everything well as a freshman. Sean Miller coached him that year. Last season with a new coach and style Tubelis adjusted and still he performed well but he didn't touch the ball in his sweet spots on the floor as much because of the ball sharing philosophy of the coach. Then over the last few games before the PAC12 tournament the coach decided to play both centers more which reduced his playing time and his rhythm in my opinion. I don't know if he was injured as well or just went through a slump shooting the ball. His last game in the NCAA tournament was a big disappointment. Arizona won the PAC12 and the conference tournament but the team didn't look as strong going into the NCAA tournament or earlier in the season. I can't fault the coach for the downward trend going into the Big Dance but not having Tubelis playing his best really prevented the team from making the Final 4. This year should be special for him. He could have signed for significant money in Europe but decided to come back. His brother had something to do with that and is also on Arizona's team but his talent is in the classroom more than basketball. Tubelis is a powerful guy who has a good shooting touch and can score in many ways in the paint and he is a good defender/rebounder. Sorry for giving you too much information but I really like this guy. He will be a solid pro and should go in the first round.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Azuolis Tubelis?

Post  Murph Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:02 am

Don...I agree.  Bogdanovic would be a nice addition to a contending team to put them over the top.  But we have no need for him on the Pistons.  

cool breeze wrote:I am a bit negative on this idea although I really like the way Bojan plays basketball. He is a good floor spacer the Pistons could use if Cade's shooting percentage fails to improve. I don't want the Lakers to get Noel. If Noel can stay healthy he will make the defense so much better. Was looking forward to watching Noel and Burks play for the Pistons. It is time to feature Bey as the floor spacer. This guy is perfecting his 3 point shot and he can score off the dribble well with that powerful body. The Pistons do not need Bogdanovic in my opinion. I see Utah making a trade with the Suns perhaps

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty New rumor regarding Bojan Bogdanovic

Post  cool breeze Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:36 pm

I am a bit negative on this idea although I really like the way Bojan plays basketball. He is a good floor spacer the Pistons could use if Cade's shooting percentage fails to improve. I don't want the Lakers to get Noel. If Noel can stay healthy he will make the defense so much better. Was looking forward to watching Noel and Burks play for the Pistons. It is time to feature Bey as the floor spacer. This guy is perfecting his 3 point shot and he can score off the dribble well with that powerful body. The Pistons do not need Bogdanovic in my opinion. I see Utah making a trade with the Suns perhaps

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:50 pm

Murph wrote:Am I the only one who’s wary of drafting this kid?   He’s 7’2 and 210 lbs.  Where have we seen a kid who’s that skinny before?  

Chet Holmgren was listed at 7’0, 195, and he’ll miss the entire season with a foot injury.  Bol Bol was listed at 7’2, 210, and he’ll miss his entire career with a foot injury. Evan Mobley was listed at 7’0, 215, and he missed 13 games last year.  

It doesn’t matter how talented these kids are if they can’t stay in the court.  The NBA is a meat grinder.  Big men have to have a broad, muscular frames to hold up to all that pounding in the paint.  I have my doubts about how long Wembanyan’s body can hold up.

I’d rather take a 6’10, 230 lbs power forward who can shoot.

No kidding Murph. Hopefully we have a GM who doesn't bite on the planted messages relating to how Detroit can improve by losing big if they make that trade with the Lakers. Uncle Joe Dumars or lStan Van Gundy might have considered that option but Weaver is in charge. First off as we found out in the last draft there are no guarantees as to where all the horrible teams will get to pick. However, Labron and company have a lot of pull in the NBA so some team will have to help the Lakers so they have a path to win the title and that guy was hoping it would be the Pistons. Which team will be forced to sacrifice their future?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Victor Wembanyama

Post  Murph Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:38 am

Am I the only one who’s wary of drafting this kid?   He’s 7’2 and 210 lbs.  Where have we seen a kid who’s that skinny before?  

Chet Holmgren was listed at 7’0, 195, and he’ll miss the entire season with a foot injury.  Bol Bol was listed at 7’2, 210, and he’ll miss his entire career with a foot injury. Evan Mobley was listed at 7’0, 215, and he missed 13 games last year.  

It doesn’t matter how talented these kids are if they can’t stay in the court.  The NBA is a meat grinder.  Big men have to have a broad, muscular frames to hold up to all that pounding in the paint.  I have my doubts about how long Wembanyan’s body can hold up.

I’d rather take a 6’10, 230 lbs power forward who can shoot.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty I think we can all relax this Westbrook thing was just a rumor nothing more

Post  cool breeze Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:57 pm

Weaver seems to be a guy who knows what the Pistons lacked when he arrived as the new GM. Our Pistons had perhaps the worst team chemistry of any NBA team and that lasted for too many years. Now careful consideration has been made to make sure new members of the team will fit in. Westbrook is a one man show. He can be amazing at times but he is not going to fit in with this great young group of winners.

Murph I am still pissed that Garza is not a Piston. This is all on coach Casey's shoulders now if Garza becomes a solid rotation piece. Casey ignored what many of us saw as a center who was fundamentally sound who gives max effort and a strong desire to improve. Plus this guy can really score inside and out. When Garza had a really good game he was rewarded with more bench time instead of more. The Pistons really need an exceptionally smart younger head coach and they will be clicking on all cylinders.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Westbrook?

Post  Sparma Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:34 am

No thanks. Just jettisoning Westbrook needs to cost the Lakers a 1st. Beyond that Kemba Walker may not be worth much to them, but Noel, Burks, and Olynyk would make them a better team, at least to the tune of a 1st. Add a second unprotected 1st (not included in the proposal) and we can talk.

Even then.... I would not want the massively disruptive Westbrook on the team. Rumor has it that he'd refuse a buy out.
And one of these days a player like Wall or Horford's going to refuse just to sit on the sidelines. Westbrook could be the guy to take it to the labor union and create a major mess. Pass.

Murph wrote:Why are we signing a 29 year old journey man scrub?  Has Weaver lost his mind?

Just say no to that whack Russell Westbrook trade proposal.  The Pistons do not exist to bail-out the Lakers from all their horrible contacts.

And who cares about the Lakers 2027 1st round pick?  If we’re still rebuilding by 2027, I’ll kill myself.

I see the T-Wolves signed Garza to a one year $1.6 million guaranteed contract.  Good for Garza.

Sparma wrote:Good call on possible Bulls interest in CoJo, Murph.  They have some hopes for the future, but need to put together something decent now.  CoJo's played well for the Pistons.  The Bulls probably wouldn't want to give much up though.  I see that Jones's nickname is "Airplane Mode" and that he competed in the dunk contest.  Also that the much younger Jones has a higher career PER than Joseph, although clearly Joseph fits a need.  I'd guess the Bulls would like Joseph, but for an empty salary and a 2nd rounder.  They could be getting desperate though.

Elsewhere, the team's signed a 28 y.o. PG who made his NBA debut last year.  Hmm.  Not set for the roster, because we're already one over.

Murph wrote:Apparently, Lonzo Ball is still rehabbing his knee, and will miss the Bulls training camp.

The Pistons should offer CoJo to the Bulls in trade, as an insurance policy at PG, for a younger player...someone like Derrick Jones Jr.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Kiefer Sykes? WTF?

Post  Murph Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:14 am

Why are we signing a 29 year old journey man scrub?  Has Weaver lost his mind?

Just say no to that whack Russell Westbrook trade proposal.  The Pistons do not exist to bail-out the Lakers from all their horrible contacts.

And who cares about the Lakers 2027 1st round pick?  If we’re still rebuilding by 2027, I’ll kill myself.

I see the T-Wolves signed Garza to a one year $1.6 million guaranteed contract. Good for Garza.

Sparma wrote:Good call on possible Bulls interest in CoJo, Murph.  They have some hopes for the future, but need to put together something decent now.  CoJo's played well for the Pistons.  The Bulls probably wouldn't want to give much up though.  I see that Jones's nickname is "Airplane Mode" and that he competed in the dunk contest.  Also that the much younger Jones has a higher career PER than Joseph, although clearly Joseph fits a need.  I'd guess the Bulls would like Joseph, but for an empty salary and a 2nd rounder.  They could be getting desperate though.

Elsewhere, the team's signed a 28 y.o. PG who made his NBA debut last year.  Hmm.  Not set for the roster, because we're already one over.

Murph wrote:Apparently, Lonzo Ball is still rehabbing his knee, and will miss the Bulls training camp.

The Pistons should offer CoJo to the Bulls in trade, as an insurance policy at PG, for a younger player...someone like Derrick Jones Jr.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Battery Mates

Post  Murph Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:03 am

I heard that Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina just set a record of 325 games started together as pitcher and catcher.

And the battery mates that held the previous record of 324?...Mickey Lolich and Bill Freehan.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Trade?

Post  Sparma Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Good call on possible Bulls interest in CoJo, Murph. They have some hopes for the future, but need to put together something decent now. CoJo's played well for the Pistons. The Bulls probably wouldn't want to give much up though. I see that Jones's nickname is "Airplane Mode" and that he competed in the dunk contest. Also that the much younger Jones has a higher career PER than Joseph, although clearly Joseph fits a need. I'd guess the Bulls would like Joseph, but for an empty salary and a 2nd rounder. They could be getting desperate though.

Elsewhere, the team's signed a 28 y.o. PG who made his NBA debut last year. Hmm. Not set for the roster, because we're already one over.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next