Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
Phil-Good
BallinD
Sparma
WTF
deusXango
Oracle
10 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Well Gawwd Damn!!

Post  deusXango Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Coach Casey, has decided to bench Stanley Johnson? Say it ain't so. Backbone is showing or growing as this is something that is long overdue. I was beginning to believe Dwane Casey was Stanley's agent and coach, with the "experiment" and undeserved faith he was giving the kid through pre-season and the first 8 games: "Johnson is shooting 35 percent from the field and just 25 percent from three-point range. He has a 4.2 player efficiency rating! Johnson is almost accounting for nearly 25 percent of the team’s turnovers per 100 possessions. One player. How can you defend this?"This was noted by Travis Gibbs. Casey appears to be saying "enough is enough" and continuing to try and fit the bric-a-brac of a roster left behind by SVG into something resembling competitive and waiting for his bosses to do something proactive and creative.

Please don't be waiting on the trade deadline to try and improve this roster; it's time to find a new home for Reggie Jackson, before he does his annual letdown/meltdown, stop acting as if we don't know what Jon Leuer, brings to the table, for real, and consider trading 22 year old, full of potential, top ten pick, Stanley Johnson! I wonder if we had Anthony Bennett, would we still be waiting for him to blossom, after all he was a #1 pick. What would the Timberwolves want for Jimmy Butler now? Would we be better off with Andrew Wiggins? Would Denver be interested in a Drummond for Jokic, deal? Really, that's the only center I'd be willing to trade Drummond for, in spite of the fans who class Andre as dog sh!t, because he doesn't play up to their standards. Anthony Davis? He's New Orleans...they love him and he loves "The Big Easy." K.A.T.? The Timberwolves just demonstrated what he means to their franchise with the contract he just signed. Casey is too politically correct to come out and say "get rid of these mofo's and give me some players who want to win and have a brain!" Meanwhile we are who we are. Sad

Phillip Boy wrote a scolding assessment if Drummond, which was true as far as Embiid goes, (he is a b!tch) but ask Reggie Jackson to come off the bench as a 7th man and then you'll see a real, unreal b!tch...not going to happen.

Where is Khyrie Thomas? He was supposed to be the steal of the draft; size, shooting, smarts, and defense. With Brown getting all the run he has I wonder if Thomas is another brain fart by the front office.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Tsk Tsk Slappy

Post  WTF Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Murph wrote:Man, you guys are trippin’.   While Drummond got his lunch eaten by Embiid, I would never define a player by one bad game.  

And right off the top of my head, I can think of several terrible Pistons centers...Bison Dele, Terry Mills, Oliver Miller, William Bedford, Olden Polynice....    And I’m sure if I researched it, I could come up with at least 10 more names.  

Murph, I'll address both of your post with this one of course you can run off a list of non-starters, and bench players but you know exactly what I meant so no need to say I was only referencing starting Pistons centers. But I bet I could find a handful off that list that would whip on AD ass every day all day starting with James Edwards and Theo Ratliff.

Again you like pushing meaningless numbers AKA AD's padded stats but I assure you that in their primes Bison, Mills, Miller and Polynice would have whip on AD arse from sun up to sun down.  Why because they all have bigger hearts, smarter players, with bigger wills and were actually winners at some point in their pro and college careers.  Those guys have some things AD don't like playoff wins, NBA championship, NCAA championships and not from stats but from toughness, and strong wills.  Can you ever remember a time these guys laid down or didn't come through in a big moment.  

One thing for sure is that many of those guys played against far better talent than AD will ever face.   I'm not defining AD by one bad game but all the bad games he's ever had during the course of his career.   

Oracle,  there's not bad match up just tough ones and you still have to show up for them. Doesn't mean you'll win them but you damn sure compete at all cost in them.  This goes back to having heart even Big Ben and Bill had tough match ups but tell me have we ever walked away thinking they laid down in them and didn't give their all.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Drummond

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Not making excuses, but matchups are EVERYTHING!!!

Dre just doesn't match up with Embiid... period!

Having said that, the best way to overcome this is through team ball, there just isn't another way for these guys,
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty And These Are Only The Ones I’ve Heard Of

Post  Murph Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Victor Alexander
Kent benson
Joel Anthony
Premoz Brezec
Kwame Brown
Kelvin Cato
Pete Chilcutt
Davis Greenwood
Scott Hastings
Phil Hubbard
Viacheslov Kravstov
Darko Milicic
Nazr Mohammed
Paul Mokeski
Mikki Moore
Eric Montross
Chuck Nevitt
Kurt Nimphius
Scott Pollard
Ben Poquette
Jeff Ruland
Cheihk Samb
Brad Sellers
George Trapp
Ratko Varda
Chris Wilcox

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty AD

Post  Murph Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Man, you guys are trippin’. While Drummond got his lunch eaten by Embiid, I would never define a player by one bad game.

And right off the top of my head, I can think of several terrible Pistons centers...Bison Dele, Terry Mills, Oliver Miller, William Bedford, Olden Polynice.... And I’m sure if I researched it, I could come up with at least 10 more names.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty LMAO Lemon

Post  WTF Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:46 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WTF wrote:This is why AD is not on the same level as Bill or Big Ben.  You all can keep touting his soft stats but his heart and will is compares to not one Pistons center in the history of this franchise much in the same manner that RJ is the worst PG in the history of this team.

We've always pride ourselves on what it meant to have Pistons DNA for years, we all know that deep down AD stats are meaningless in terms of results that 20 rebounds in a loss does not equate to 10 rebounds in a win.   I don't get easily impressed when AD puts up numbers largely in part they're often far to inconsistent and they come in a watered down league.   

I would rather have any other young center in the league over AD and would also be incline to take most older more experienced centers over him. AD has no heart so you all can stop waiting on it show itself.  A man can dream, can't he? Can you imagine Big Ben or Bill being called out and not showing up and competing? No you can't but AD is being punked by Embiid and laughed at by other young centers.  

You all cuddle him and applaud things like backing into ASG, and meaningless numbers in a loss while he pad stats while failing to protect the paint as he chase rebounds.  Me I rather be looking at 10 rebounds and 7 or 8 blocks a game instead.  Hard to pad block numbers  facepalm 

I'm sure Whiteside will have his way with AD as well

You sir have been cheatin on us.  It's pretty clear by your statements you have been posting on other Piston forums where AD slappys reside.   lol!  lol!  lol!

There might be a Slappy or two posting here Cheatin no way multiple forums is like multiple wives too much of a headache. Those Slappies know who they are  Very Happy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Who You Talking Bout Willis

Post  lemonpen Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:07 pm

WTF wrote:This is why AD is not on the same level as Bill or Big Ben.  You all can keep touting his soft stats but his heart and will is compares to not one Pistons center in the history of this franchise much in the same manner that RJ is the worst PG in the history of this team.

We've always pride ourselves on what it meant to have Pistons DNA for years, we all know that deep down AD stats are meaningless in terms of results that 20 rebounds in a loss does not equate to 10 rebounds in a win.   I don't get easily impressed when AD puts up numbers largely in part they're often far to inconsistent and they come in a watered down league.   

I would rather have any other young center in the league over AD and would also be incline to take most older more experienced centers over him. AD has no heart so you all can stop waiting on it show itself.  A man can dream, can't he? Can you imagine Big Ben or Bill being called out and not showing up and competing? No you can't but AD is being punked by Embiid and laughed at by other young centers.  

You all cuddle him and applaud things like backing into ASG, and meaningless numbers in a loss while he pad stats while failing to protect the paint as he chase rebounds.  Me I rather be looking at 10 rebounds and 7 or 8 blocks a game instead.  Hard to pad block numbers  facepalm 

You sir have been cheatin on us.  It's pretty clear by your statements you have been posting on other Piston forums where AD slappys reside.   lol!  lol!  lol!
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Old Debate but.....

Post  WTF Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:50 pm

This is why AD is not on the same level as Bill or Big Ben.  You all can keep touting his soft stats but his heart and will is compares to not one Pistons center in the history of this franchise much in the same manner that RJ is the worst PG in the history of this team.

I would rather have any other young center in the league over AD and would also be incline to take most older more experienced centers over him. AD has no heart so you all can stop waiting on it show itself.  Can you imagine Big Ben or Bill being called out and not showing up and competing? No you can't but AD is being punked by Embiid and laughed at by other young centers.  

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty R.I.P.

Post  lemonpen Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Well, the Playa-Playa Andre Drummond envisioned himself is no more.  Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, Dre’s undressing, reveals a bu….  
Embiid’s decimation of Dre was about as dominant and efficiently performed as is humanly possible.  The opening minute featured an airball 3pt attempt by Dre, countered with a jab step fake & dunk by Embiid.  Things only got worse.    This clearly boiled down to a CLOWN versus a serious MickeyFinger.   Andre was reduced to clumsily fouling.  It was reminiscent of beat downs of yester-year, but worse.

The war is over, twitter and otherwise.  I can’t imagine there could be any reasonable walking or talking this back.  I reckon Dre will have to find something more useful to do with his thumbs.

But seriously, I gotta wonder how this affects AD here on out.    More motivated?  Whipped puppy? Focused on what he does well?  Or, does the diva live on.

One thing is for sure.  Whiteside ain't having a pity party tonight.  Correction:  Maybe he is.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty GRIII

Post  Murph Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:04 pm

I see GRIII is finally getting the start tonight at SF, in place of SJ who is mired in a slump. clap

Let's hope Robinson can take advantage of this opportunity and hit some shots. I also think coming off the bench is the best role for Johnson. He can come in and provide some energy and defensive intensity.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Don sums it up...

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:37 pm

We're all saying some of the same things, but Don sums it up fairly well,
Don wrote:I am concerned with the strategy of the coaching staff more than I am with this one matchup between two centers(Exactly). The Pistons do not have the talent to play the style Casey wants them to play(Correct again). These players are not as athletic or skilled as most of the teams expected to make the playoffs. They need a different style that does not depend on 3 point shooting but does demand full concentration by all five players to provide outstanding movement including more complex screening so as to get more mid range open shots. By playing more of the shot clock with movement, the Pistons will not get beat as easily in transition.
That last part is directly out of the Larry Brown Playbook. Utilize the full clock if necessary to get the best available shot, and once it goes up, either get the board or fight hard on defense.

He knew that his team, while talented, was often going up against teams with greater talent, but his team had three major advantages. 

1. They were supremely disciplined
2. One of the best conditioned teams in the league, tenacious deep into the 4th, and
3. An iron will that started at the top, the coach.

This team, as far as we can tell right now, lacks all 3 of those things.

Remember that none of those things were true, even in LB's first month, it built over the season, and that team was a menace after the all star break. We don't have near that level of talent or coaching, but I don't expect that level of result.

What I do expect is a team that will get better, get into the playoffs and win a first round series or be the toughest out we've seen in a 7 game loss.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Drummonds is Embiid B.I.T.C.HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Post  Phil-Good Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:48 am

Didn't see the debacle;

Since you did not see it. Let me tell you. DRUMMONDS got embarrassed!!!!!!

I have been A basketball fan all my life. I never see One player DESTRY A guy the way Embiid Did to Drummonds. The closest thing to it was when Prime and Andre Rision got into A fight and Prime intercepted the ball and took it to the house!

Joel Embiid embarrassed Drummonds. You could had sold Drummonds for 2 cent.... He got totally F.U.C.K.E.D Every way possible. You name it, Drummonds got it done to him... lol lol lol
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:07 am

Sparma wrote:Didn't see the debacle; it sounds like a more radical version of what we've seen before between Embiid and Drummond.

Any hope that this transforms Drummond into a better player/man?

What does not kill me makes me stronger? (as Nietzsche first opined, and later Kelly Clarkson, as well as countless athletes).

Wasn't it the Lakers that lost by 40 to the Celts in the first game of a finals, only to storm back to the championship? (dang, I hope that example doesn't mean I'm comparing Andre to the Showtime Lakers).

Sparma you might be right. In the first quarter, Embid completely embarrassed our franchise center. After unleashing insults as to AD not being in good shape and over weight along with having no clue as to how to play defense, Embid came out in the first quarter trying prove everything he said. When AD walked to the bench, he was clearly embarrassed. No coach has been able to get AD in the mode of being a real paint protector. But when a fellow NBA player tweets insults and then backs it up before his home crowd and then comes out of the gate proving everything he said, perhaps that will provide motivation for Andre to lose some weight and seek coaching and really attempt to become a real defender.

I am concerned with the strategy of the coaching staff more than I am with this one matchup between two centers. The Pistons do not have the talent to play the style Casey wants them to play. These players are not as athletic or skilled as most of the teams expected to make the playoffs. They need a different style that does not depend on 3 point shooting but does demand full concentration by all five players to provide outstanding movement including more complex screening so as to get more mid range open shots. By playing more of the shot clock with movement, the Pistons will not get beat as easily in transition. And the coaches have to come up with something new on the defensive end. This year is going to be really challenging for this coaching staff. The answer is not keeping the same lame offense while adding Jon Leuer to it. Leuer is a guy who played a more controlled offense when he played in college. While I am not sold on his ability to complete with real NBA players on winning teams, I do believe that he has a decent basketball IQ and could be effective setting screens, making good passes and actually knowing all of the options in the half court offense. The Pistons play dumb. The don't make the extra pass. Players without the ball do not make the proper cuts to get open. What a challenge but somehow the coaching staff has to raise the basketball IQ level of these players and get them to play a more unique style that no other team plays. That is how they might make the playoffs and beat some teams they should't beat based on their overall talent. Stop beating a dead horse Mr Casey.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Philly

Post  Sparma Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Didn't see the debacle; it sounds like a more radical version of what we've seen before between Embiid and Drummond.

Any hope that this transforms Drummond into a better player/man?

What does not kill me makes me stronger? (as Nietzsche first opined, and later Kelly Clarkson, as well as countless athletes).

Wasn't it the Lakers that lost by 40 to the Celts in the first game of a finals, only to storm back to the championship? (dang, I hope that example doesn't mean I'm comparing Andre to the Showtime Lakers).
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty One Man's Roses is Another Man's Rut-roh

Post  BallinD Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Yeah, it stinks, but Casey thinks it's "part of the process."  No Kidding!  He may be right, but I doubt it!

MLive: There is no magic formula to fixing it. Just keep taking open shots and eventually more will fall, coach Dwayne Casey said.  "My last team (Toronto), we went through the same thing, 'Why are you shooting so many threes? You're not making any threes,' " Casey said. "Once they start falling, it's like, 'Wow, you're running this great, new offense.' No. The shots will fall."

But if he thinks Stanley and Weggie (career 32% 3p) just need more shots he's delusional, though I get it.  With the roster construction/cap space fiasco, he almost has to preach growth from within, but sheesh?!?!  Till we get Luke and Bullock back, we're in deep doo-doo.

The other thing is players (except for Bullock mostly) stand around while Blake is busy bullying the bad guys.  I know it's entertaining boys, but come on, move to get open so he can pass you the ball off double teams.  BBIQ is part of it and spacing is the result of it.

Oracle wrote:  A trade would smell good, so while we wait for our better 3 point shooters to emerge and Embiid to start leasing out condos in Drummonds massive dome, here is some food for thought.

Coaching: Ok, I'm not understanding where Casey is going with this roster, but it's early so I guess I need to cut him a little slack. However, when faced with a team of brick layers from downtown, at some point you have to coach the talent you have and stop jacking up so many 3's.  
Agreed, and even run some P&R with Weggie n Dre and with GR3, who can get up, use his athleticism.
Stanley Johnson: Murph said that Ellenson was a huge bust. Well, Stanley Johnson, the self proclaimed best player in his draft class may be an even bigger bust. No maybe about it, IMHO.I struggle calling either a bust because I don't think either has been used right or played to their strengths. Stanley is a scorer, NOT a 3 point shooter, he needs to be able to get closer to the basket, allowed to play bully ball down low against mismatches, and take the occasional 3 from the corner. Standing out there on the 3 point line, like KCP used to do is the definition of futility! Sadly, as inconsistent as KCP was out there, Stanley isn't even close to his level of capability. He needs to do this on the second unit...he is not a starter.  Period! Unlike Ellenson, there is hope for Stanley, but it's going to take some coaching awareness.

Solid Guys: Phillip is right, Kennard, Drummonds, Bullock, Brown Jr, and ZaZa are solid players for us. I would add Reggie and Ish to that list as well. Solid and talent are different but related to some extent. I think we have the talent to stay out of the lottery, but it also requires more role players that can deliver. No big 3 in history carried a team too far without very good role players, and that, IMO, is where the talent infusion needs to happen, and is the most likely place for a CAP strapped team to get better.  What could we get for SJ, Weggie, Dre? (not all in the same trade, tho).  Phoenix rumored to maybe be interested in a Weggie type player.  I'm finally ready to move on from Dre, not because of Embiid, just that I totally think he and Weggie are two peas in a pod...thin-skinned, poor decision makers, petulant, prone to pouting, even when the game is on the line.  Dre never should have been a cornerstone, and Weggie was never a true floor general, just a P&R guy with great burst (three years ago, but not any more).

Water under the bridge: We've traded away the best 3 point shooters we've had, and all of them have shot better than what we have left outside of Bullock. Avery Bradley was decent from deep, Harris and even KCP, but now Morris toils for Boston hitting big shots from deep. Harris would be a HUGE difference maker on this team, and I mean huge and Morris would not only play well, but provide additional locker room support and toughness  Can we trade for Tolliver? Can we dump Leuer; probably not!  Lotta questions, few answers.   facepalm .
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty What happened to all the optimism coming out of training camp? So now are you willing to bust this team up?

Post  cool breeze Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:29 pm

Posters were heavily critical of my wish that the Pistons would trade everyone on their roster that could be traded who commands a high price tag. The current highest paid players are not winning type players on this team. Therefore, the Piston front office needs to wake up and trade whoever other teams will take. However, this is the problem. AD is the only player some NBA team might take a gamble with. After all he is making $25,434,263 this season. There are other players in the NBA who have AD's number other than Embid. However, Embid told the truth when he made those statements to get under AD's skin. AD is over weight and he cannot guard a fly in the paint most of the time. But he can never guard Embid on any night at any time as of now. The same is true relating to Anthony Davis and others. AD is the only high salary player who can be traded so I would do it just to straighten out the payroll situation.

Stanley Johnson had another bad shooting performance and caused some turnovers as well. He played poorly. However, Johnson is not the problem. Fans need to stop this nonsense about Johnson being the problem. He is a free agent and most likely will not be back next season. His salary is $3,940,402 this year. Meanwhile the following players are the guys you should be upset about.

Blake Griffin -$32,088,000
Reggie Jackson - $17,043,478
Jon Leuer - $9,508,043
Lanston Galloway - $7,333,333
Ish Smith - $6,000,000
Robinson - $4,150,000

This front office is no better than the previous bone headed monsters. Henry Ellenson is the odd guy out. He makes $1,857,480. I would keep Henry. We know the players we have are not good enough but nothing is known about Henry because he has never been given a chance to play even in the G League. What teams could most of our highest paid player earn rotation minutes on?

I think the Pistons can still make the playoffs with this roster but so what. We do not have Embid. Griffin appears to be our best player by far but is he really a smart player or a leader type player? The front office has no chance of moving any of these players.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty It Doesn't Add Up

Post  WTF Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:50 pm

As I said countless times the expectations should be that this team wins 55 game considering the amount of salary being poured into this rosters.  How sad that again I'm hearing the same repeated comments from prior seasons as if **** never change. 

We should not be having the same discussions about the same players every season. There's no growth in experience with any of them (RJ, AD, or SJ) many of you are repeating the same things over and over.  I could see if there was some actual improvement from season to season but it's not. When is enough is enough?

Embiid owns D like Sheed use to own Dwight Howard and SJ is just dumb as a doorknob on a window.  What can I say I haven't said about RJ he is the worst PG in Pistons history from a BB IQ standpoint.  I can't think of one PG in the history of this team who is a worse floor general than RJ period as a starter. Not Atkins, not Hunter, not Jennings and not even Knight.   o forget mentioning him in the same breath of a Zeke or Billups. 

I'm not impressed with Casey in the least.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty I smell something too...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Ballin: But it ain't a trade FORUM - Page 12 Kisspng-feces-computer-icons-clip-art-steaming-pile-of-poop-5ab7e2f3807312.9832916215220006275261.  A trade would smell good, so while we wait for our better 3 point shooters to emerge and Embiid to start leasing out condos in Drummonds massive dome, here is some food for thought.

Coaching: Ok, I'm not understanding where Casey is going with this roster, but it's early so I guess I need to cut him a little slack. However, when faced with a team of brick layers from downtown, at some point you have to coach the talent you have and stop jacking up so many 3's.

Stanley Johnson: Murph said that Ellenson was a huge bust. Well, Stanley Johnson, the self proclaimed best player in his draft class may be an even bigger bust. I struggle calling either a bust because I don't think either has been used right or played to their strengths. Stanley is a scorer, NOT a 3 point shooter, he needs to be able to get closer to the basket, allowed to play bully ball down low against mismatches, and take the occasional 3 from the corner. Standing out there on the 3 point line, like KCP used to do is the definition of futility! Sadly, as inconsistent as KCP was out there, Stanley isn't even close to his level of capability. Unlike Ellenson, there is hope for Stanley, but it's going to take some coaching awareness.

Solid Guys: Phillip is right, Kennard, Drummonds, Bullock, Brown Jr, and ZaZa are solid players for us. I would add Reggie and Ish to that list as well. Solid and talent are different but related to some extent. I think we have the talent to stay out of the lottery, but it also requires more role players that can deliver. No big 3 in history carried a team too far without very good role players, and that, IMO, is where the talent infusion needs to happen, and is the most likely place for a CAP strapped team to get better.

Water under the bridge: We've traded away the best 3 point shooters we've had, and all of them have shot better than what we have left outside of Bullock. Avery Bradley was decent from deep, Harris and even KCP, but now Morris toils for Boston hitting big shots from deep. Harris would be a HUGE difference maker on this team, and I mean huge and Morris would not only play well, but provide additional locker room support and toughness.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty I Smell A Trade

Post  BallinD Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:53 pm

But Casey, who sounds patient and hopeful, may not be so on board, yet. None of these are really his players, so he has no reason to hold onto a Weggie, a SJ, a Drummond, LG or Leuer, who is starting to get some burn.

It seems like he wants a high BBall IQ team to read and react, drive and kick and its more than likely that our floor general and our center and our wing-bust do not nor will not have those characteristics. He wants a defensive-minded team also, so currently we are a pretty schizophrenic assembly of players.

I hate to say this, but the Warriors were last year great at offense and defense. Read and react works on both sides of the ball. The team is cap-handicapped, but if SVBower could wrangle players like Morris and Illyasova and Harris, we can probably find players more complimentary to Luke and Blake, who I would build around, and of course keep Brown and Thomas, but also Bullock, who admittedly has shot poorly to start the season.

I just happen to think SVG acquired and paid the wrong marginal players (with the premise he was building around Dre and to a lesser extent Weggie). Maybe he's trying to showcase SJ and Weggie. I hear the Wizards are prime for a fire sale. Can we wrangle Porter, or Beal...we love us some wings.

Casey said we need 10-20 games to tell what we have. We're getting close and maybe his statement indicates his degree of patience with this experiment.

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty PFs

Post  Murph Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:11 am

Leuer played reasonably well off the bench yesterday with Drummond and Zaza in foul trouble.

I see the Pistons have already declined the option on Henry Ellenson's contract.  That means Ellenson is done here.  He will be an unrestricted free agent after the season, so there is no reason to play him.

Ellenson represents one of the biggest busts in Pistons draft history, right along side Darko and Autin Daye.  In fact, through three seasons, Ellenson performed much worse than Darko or Daye.

You know who the Pistons should have taken instead of Ellenson?  U of M star, Caris LeVert.  I don't understand why the Pistons don't make a point of drafting Michigan and Michigan State stars, whenever possible.

The Pistons are going to have to make changes to their starting line-up.  GRIII and Kennard when healthy need to start for Johnson and Bullock.  We need better shooting and more offense.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty This Pistons team is in need of A talent influx

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:37 pm

I feel bad for Blake. He on A lotter team. He the only Syble of any kind of talent. It's sad..

Reggie Jackson is OK. I would like to see Jackson as A 7th man off the bench. Back-up guard. He would do well.

Solid guys are Kennard, Drummonds, Bullock, Brown Jr, and ZaZa.

The rest of these guys are TRASH!! This team has ALMOST no talent. NONE!

Stan Van Gundy F.U.C.K.E.D this Organization over for the next 5 years minimum. No talent and up against the cap? WOW!

But the real person to blame is GORES!

I would trade any player on this team except for rookie salary guys and look towards the future.

I can't wait to see what this new management group will do with this no talent group of players. This team is lacking in A major way.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Drummonds is Embiid B.I.T.C.HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:25 pm

Public Service Announcement to Andre Drummonds!!

Embiid PUNKED YOUR AZZ.

HE EMBARISED YOU Drummonds.

He PUNKED you Drummonds.

He made you like you don't even belong in the league Drummonds.

The bad part was when he made you foul him and then he went over to the referee and said, "that's on him right?" as he pointed at Drummonds but did not look at him.   lol  lol

How about the first play of the game when he gave Drummonds the jab....step, for A wide open DUNK!!  lol  lol

The most embarrassing part is Embiid is the basketball player Drummonds wish he was but will never be. He everything Drummonds wish he was. He can block shots, defend, rebound, shoot, score, shoot FT's, he can pass, he A all around ball player. And he can talk s.h.i.t and back it up. And he bully Drummonds every time.

The even worst part is HIS TEAM IS BETTER THEN Detroit's for the foreseeable future.

Hey ANDRE DRUMMONDS... Shut THE F.U.C.K. UP BRO! You his B.I.T.C.H He own your A.S.S.
FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty He's Not Wrong

Post  BallinD Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Stanley 1/7
Jackson 2/10
Drummond 3/8
Brown 0/0

Now this in the modern era of NBA splurgtastic scoring.  Come On Man...He's trying to out SVG Old Yeller.  Old school defensive-minded (to a fault) coach.  Yikes!  Try to not continue to reiterate the definition of Insanity.  Oh, and BTW, let's needlessly wear Blake out b4 Xmas; he's all we got, but yeah, let's space the floor with B Brown and Broken Stanley. Players need to step up and so does Casey.  He's become a caricature of all the reasons his hire was questioned.  Iso ball and bricklaying.  Come on Dwayne, where's the analytics side of your brain?

Oracle wrote:Wise, I hope you're wrong, but I can't disagree with you on Casey unless something changes.

I was shocked in the Nets game when on the last play, the call was for Blake to go ISO and jack up a shot we all knew was going to be hard to get off.

WHY??? If you run a play with Blake attracting all of that attention, why wasn't at least two other Pistons wide open for a better shot?

If Blake was MJ, Zeke, Bird or LeBron, I say run the ISO, the odds are better than even one of those guys are going to score. Blake is good, but that play is a less than 50% play to me.

This is a team sport and we're going to be treated to another Embiid vs Drummond media circle jerk party today, and this should be a team win if we play right.

I hope Casey gets off the SVG teat and do more than jack up 3's and use Blake in ISO's, it's getting old!
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Real Estate Empire

Post  Murph Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:12 pm

I see Embiid is expanding his real estate holding today.

Both Drummond and Zaza have been in serious foul trouble all day. And through 3 quarters, Embiid has 34 points and 11 rebounds to Drummonds 5 points and 3 boards.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty I hope you're wrong...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:09 pm

Wise, I hope you're wrong, but I can't disagree with you on Casey unless something changes.

I was shocked in the Nets game when on the last play, the call was for Blake to go ISO and jack up a shot we all knew was going to be hard to get off.

WHY??? If you run a play with Blake attracting all of that attention, why wasn't at least two other Pistons wide open for a better shot?

If Blake was MJ, Zeke, Bird or LeBron, I say run the ISO, the odds are better than even one of those guys are going to score. Blake is good, but that play is a less than 50% play to me.

This is a team sport and we're going to be treated to another Embiid vs Drummond media circle jerk party today, and this should be a team win if we play right.

I hope Casey gets off the SVG teat and do more than jack up 3's and use Blake in ISO's, it's getting old!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next