Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
lemonpen
FlyDog
Go Stones!
Sebastian
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Oracle
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:21 pm

deusXango wrote:“One of the things we said in sort of framing what we want to do in the draft was that position wouldn’t have any bearing,” Van Gundy said at the Pistons practice facility. “We’re simply looking for the guy that we think has got the chance to be the best player inside of that rookie contract. You hope a guy becomes (part of) your core and you go beyond, but you have those guys for up to four years and possibly a fifth as a restricted (free agent).

“You want a guy who’s going to contribute to your team in that time and that’s all we’re looking at. We think we’ve got a pretty young core. Our team is balanced so we could really use help just about anywhere and so position will not be a factor in where we pick.”

Stan Van Gundy

It seems to me that the knocks on Denzel Valentine are not as valid as some would like them to be; those in love with the ESPN highlight players (who can't make a basketball decision) or will need 5-6 years to see if they can cut it on the highest level of competition (or not). Those who have Valentine in a wheelchair (at 22 years old) and can only focus on his shortcomings (like all prospects are perfect); those who view playing 4 years for a major program (playing for one of the nations best coaches) as a negative are being shot down by our President/Coach when it comes to making this team better with a #18 pick in a weak ass draft! In a rookie contract, who's more likely to show leadership, a winning attitude, and bring exceptional passing skills, I.Q., and a consistent outside shot, off the bench, than Valentine? If he's available at #18, who will fall and be better?!

Drummond: I'm not for turning on this athletic monster because of his piss-poor FT shooting after one year. In one year he led this team back to the playoffs. In one year without the great Greg Monroe, he surpassed the Moose's numbers both offensively and defensively. In one year he set records and received NBA accolades that no Pistons big man had since "Big" Ben Wallace. What happened in that one year that he doesn't deserve to improve on his game flaws?

Funny but I have been a big supporter of Valentine and happened to see him play today when working out at the club I belong to. He was playing against Wisconsin. I hope we see him in a Piston uniform.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Oracle wrote:Don, you have posted a LOT of questions about Maker, and they're valid questions.

However, that's the problem with your position.

If you don't know the answer to those questions, how in the world do you come to such specific conclusions?

I would take the risk, but I do agree with you that SVG may not, I think he will fear a Dumars like Darko pick, because the kid is a project.

Finally, I would like to comment on what you said about weight. If we're looking for a stretch 4 and a solid help defender, the weight issue isn't as big an issue. Most stretch 4's fear contact in the paint anyway, so I think this isn't the problem you seem to think it is.

Oracle I listed those questions relating to Maker because experts on the draft board sites indicate that he is weak in those areas. A few of my friends are laughing at the idea that any team would draft him in the first round. Somehow agents get the ball rolling and pretty soon everyone gets on the band wagon for certain players. Unfortunately we Piston fans suffered because there were two players who were like Maker (never accomplishing much of anything in basketball) who were selected in the first round by Joe Dumars. Darko and Rodney White and now Maker? Please Stan don't do it.

This idea relating to how Maker could play the stretch 4 for Stan Van Gundy is crazy weird to me. Maker has never played power forward to my knowledge in his entire life has he? Considering he is considered "WEAK" according to many draft boards, how does that fit in with his weak basketball IQ or court awareness. When some of the scouts say he has poor court awareness, that is a polite way of saying that this player is LOST on the court and has no idea what he is doing most of the time. The question should be can Maker make a D League team this coming season? Why in hell doesn't he go to college and see if he can make the cut there? With Maker's skill set being as bad as it is, that shows me he is living in a fantasy world. Hopefully for him, some of us are wrong about his ability to become a real basketball player. We just think he should prove himself in another league before testing the waters relating to the NBA.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Giving credit where credit is due

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:45 pm

“One of the things we said in sort of framing what we want to do in the draft was that position wouldn’t have any bearing,” Van Gundy said at the Pistons practice facility. “We’re simply looking for the guy that we think has got the chance to be the best player inside of that rookie contract. You hope a guy becomes (part of) your core and you go beyond, but you have those guys for up to four years and possibly a fifth as a restricted (free agent).

“You want a guy who’s going to contribute to your team in that time and that’s all we’re looking at. We think we’ve got a pretty young core. Our team is balanced so we could really use help just about anywhere and so position will not be a factor in where we pick.”

Stan Van Gundy

It seems to me that the knocks on Denzel Valentine are not as valid as some would like them to be; those in love with the ESPN highlight players (who can't make a basketball decision) or will need 5-6 years to see if they can cut it on the highest level of competition (or not). Those who have Valentine in a wheelchair (at 22 years old) and can only focus on his shortcomings (like all prospects are perfect); those who view playing 4 years for a major program (playing for one of the nations best coaches) as a negative are being shot down by our President/Coach when it comes to making this team better with a #18 pick in a weak ass draft! In a rookie contract, who's more likely to show leadership, a winning attitude, and bring exceptional passing skills, I.Q., and a consistent outside shot, off the bench, than Valentine? If he's available at #18, who will fall and be better?!

Drummond: I'm not for turning on this athletic monster because of his piss-poor FT shooting after one year. In one year he led this team back to the playoffs. In one year without the great Greg Monroe, he surpassed the Moose's numbers both offensively and defensively. In one year he set records and received NBA accolades that no Pistons big man had since "Big" Ben Wallace. What happened in that one year that he doesn't deserve to improve on his game flaws?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Surprise?

Post  Sparma Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 pm

PP has a story (now to our right) that Stanley Johnson will the Pistons' contingent in the summer league, adding: "These names will come as no surprise...." I'm the exception then, because I am surprised. Wasn't there a story earlier that Stanley would be held out of summer league so as to work on skill development in critical areas, particularly shooting? The thought was that's it's been established that he could bull his way through lesser competition and that his time would be better spent dedicated to addressing weaknesses. Made sense to me, although I will say I think there's nothing like going up against live competition when trying to improve shooting.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Jordan Clarkson

Post  Sparma Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:54 pm

PP had a good article on why signing JC may be possible even though it looks extremely unlikely. He's a restricted FA, so LA can match. But according to the Gilbert Arenas rule, if, let's say, the Piston make a 4 year offer, it would be spread evenly, whereas the Lakers would pay year by year. That could be a problem for them if a max offer is back ended in the 3rd and 4th year when the cap is expected to be tightened after a couple of high caps.

I don't see it happening, but it was interesting to read about a detail in the salary rules that could make things uncomfortable for the Lakers.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:44 pm

I actually fully agree with you about Burke!

I'd love to have him backing up Reggie, I think he brings a lot to the table as a backup.

The good news is that he could likely be had for cheap as Utah is moving in a different direction.

https://purpleandblues.com/2016/06/14/utah-jazz-time-trey-burke-move/ wrote:Trey Burke was once an integral part of a young Utah Jazz team with aspirations of becoming a true contender. Two years later, he is on the verge of being traded because he is no longer contributing.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Don on Maker

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Don, you have posted a LOT of questions about Maker, and they're valid questions.

However, that's the problem with your position.

If you don't know the answer to those questions, how in the world do you come to such specific conclusions?

I would take the risk, but I do agree with you that SVG may not, I think he will fear a Dumars like Darko pick, because the kid is a project.

Finally, I would like to comment on what you said about weight. If we're looking for a stretch 4 and a solid help defender, the weight issue isn't as big an issue. Most stretch 4's fear contact in the paint anyway, so I think this isn't the problem you seem to think it is.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Draft Express has a good discussion relating to the NBA potential of Maker

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:17 pm

My best guess is that Stan Van Gundy eliminated Maker for both picks in this draft and rightfully so. For those of you who have somehow become attached to the hype, please go to Draft Express where you can find a discussion on the details of maker's history and his game. How many high schools did Maker attend? What did he learn in high school about playing basketball? The biggest question appears to be if he could make a team in the D League. One characteristic stands out for me. Thon has the problem of lack of court awareness (basketball IQ). His inability to concentrate and get the basic fundamentals of the game down is also a huge issue. Where Maker might some unique gifts physically, he cannot gain the weight needed to play with grown men and his brain as not developed to the point where he can play the 5 on 5 game. Remember Darko? Darko is so superior to Maker it is an insult to Darko to make the comparison.

This is an extremely weak draft where I question if any of the top 5 picks will make a rotation with the exception of Ingram from Duke. So picking later in the first round is no big deal. Somebody is going to get lucky and one or perhaps 3 of the players listed as first rounders on most draft boards might do something in the league next season. I would select a player who has a high basketball IQ and has had the respect of his college team as their best player last season. That type of player comes in to training camp with some basic skills and confidence. A player who has felt the pressure of being a leader and a clutch player in difficult situations also knows that playing defense is all about guts and smarts. There would be no problem on my end if Stan traded the pick either.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Sparma wrote:Mlive has a good story about #18 picks in the last few decades.  Joe Dumars is the best of the lot.  Eric Bledsoe and David West are a couple of good ones.  J.R. Smith.  Lots of duds, lots of players I don't even remember.  Picking at #18 looks like the proverbial crap shoot.

I consistently criticized Dumars as GM for going for unlikely HRs, rather than for the doubles, even singles, that were presented to him.  Austin Daye.  Sleepy Sharpe.

I'm going to reverse myself now though, in part because SVG's already done a great job of raking in the singles and doubles made available to him.  We're left with a young and promising roster, but with only one player well above league average at his position, AD (in spite of his flaws)!  Reggie may be another if he can settle in at near All Star level.   This roster needs the HR addition.  We've got time to allow a player to develop.  I'd go with Thon Maker, if he's there, the guy with the big upside.  I wouldn't mind Valentine, but as someone who's had a couple of sports related knee surgeries, I'd be real cautious with knee issues.

Sparma I forgot about the knee issues involving Valentine. Not sure what kind of knee issue. Relating to Maker some of my basketball friends say this guy is a really high risk type pick that is high risk for the 2nd round. Am not sure why so many people are excited about his potential. He can't put on weight and he cannot play the power forward position. Is he a quality high percentage shooter? Does he have a high basketball IQ? Does he have good hands? Can he play defense with his skinny frame to ever play against strong NBA players? I get it relating to gambling with a 2nd round pick but I believe the Pistons need more players to fill out a 2nd unit now. My friends who have a lot of contacts say Maker has a slim chance to ever become a real NBA player unless he can play small forward on some needy low end NBA team.

On the other hand, i am excited about the prospect of somehow getting Jordan Clarkson.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty We need some luck

Post  Sparma Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Mlive has a good story about #18 picks in the last few decades. Joe Dumars is the best of the lot. Eric Bledsoe and David West are a couple of good ones. J.R. Smith. Lots of duds, lots of players I don't even remember. Picking at #18 looks like the proverbial crap shoot.

I consistently criticized Dumars as GM for going for unlikely HRs, rather than for the doubles, even singles, that were presented to him. Austin Daye. Sleepy Sharpe.

I'm going to reverse myself now though, in part because SVG's already done a great job of raking in the singles and doubles made available to him. We're left with a young and promising roster, but with only one player well above league average at his position, AD (in spite of his flaws)! Reggie may be another if he can settle in at near All Star level. This roster needs the HR addition. We've got time to allow a player to develop. I'd go with Thon Maker, if he's there, the guy with the big upside. I wouldn't mind Valentine, but as someone who's had a couple of sports related knee surgeries, I'd be real cautious with knee issues.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Thon Maker ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:38 am

Okay, I see what my Pistons Pals have been taking about. If this guy is still on the board at #18, it is the definition of a "no-braner".

Yes, GM Stan, draft this guy and give him the #18, to remind people that he was foolishly passed by 17 other picks, by teams before OUR Pistons pick.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:03 am

Why I'm not on board with Valentine... just takes a minute to think back on one of primary weakness... perimeter defense... we have to improve our path to the lane (translate Dre foul trouble) and the ability to provide interior help (big need for a shot altering PF).
slick scoring SG's will always be obtainable.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:55 pm

DX/Don, I admitted right out of the box that you guys are likely right and Valentine is the safe pick. DX says no brainer, but that also translates to safe, and that's not a bad thing, I'd like more.

I keep wondering, just how many 6'5/6'6 dudes do we need before somebody goes postal lol

Wise, I never give up on our local guys and always hope they find a way, but Burke is on the clock. At his size, he needs to show a lot more than he has.

Love the discussion, nothing wrong with a lively draft day debate!

Is it Thursday yet?????????
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Just Dipping In

Post  WTF Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Oracle wrote:Who to pick?

Thon Maker is my pick, not Valentine!

Trey Burke was the homer pick, and I loved him, but I questioned if he could be an NBA PG unless someone gave him the keys to the car, a team of his own similar to how it worked at Michigan. Well Utah did just that, and we discovered that at the NBA level, he couldn't drive.

Valentine is different, I have no doubt that his game translates to the NBA very well, he's going to be a solid pro, but does his game fit our needs? To this I answer no, but if Maker isn't there, he's the logical pick.

Maker gives us a chance to get top 5 talent with a #18 pick. He's a risk, but we're in a great position to take that risk because the potential rewards are so great.

That's my position, and I'm sticking to it!

Shoot for the fences and get a potential KG type player that checks the boxes for stretch 4, can put the ball on the floor and get to the rack like a guard type talent... do it SVG!

He can drive a little still believe in the right environment Burke could one day be elite. Career numbers don't really say scrub!!!!! IMO perfect backup and potential starter if he played here. Put shooters around Burke and I'll take him over Jackson any day. Jackson is a retard!!!!

There's nothing really jumping out with me picking 18th because any real progress this team make with have to come via trade or free agency. The Pistons need serious upgrading at 3 position PG SG and Center (Yep I'm Starting To Lose Hope In Drummond) I like Harris and Morris everyone else I wouldn't miss.

Congrats Cavs, I can here the screams now but as I watched Golden State throw away a Title last night couldn't help but think how different things would have went for them if they had a real PG. Yes Curry is a beast of a shooter but equally a bone head as a floor leader, but in fairness to Curry I would have been ragging on Kyrie as the blame had the Cavs loss. Still happy to see Lebron win this one.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Valentine is a no brainer pick for the Pistons if they get the chance to draft him part 2

Post  deusXango Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:48 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Meanwhile, Valentine has a great basketball IQ who can pass the basketball well, shoot the ball well and is an experienced player who was the leader and go to player last season at MSU. Valentine has the potential to make the rotation as a rookie and I believe he is the sleeper in this draft. If any of you saw Valentine play his last high school game where his team easily won the state championship, you would have witnessed something special. As much as I like Michigan State, I believe that Valentine's talent was held back and he might have become an elite college player much earlier in another program. I only question is if he can beat out KCP in his first season.
Thanks Don, for some very reasonable support for how to spend the #18 pick; "no brainer" if he's available. Here are my reasons why I'm in total agreement with Don.

First off, this isn't about replacing anyone in the starting lineup but, acquiring an effective, efficient, high I.Q. bench player, who plays with a high percentage of consistency, something we were lacking last season.

Second, why would SVG and Co. be looking to spend the highest draft pick, we should be having for some time to come, on a career backup PG? That's a FA signee and we can do better in the market or in the 2nd round than drafting one in the 1st. Backup PG!!??

Third, the dice have been rolled on Stanley Johnson as the player we're waiting on to develop into the next great Piston, how'd Thon Maker become so popular that we'd be willing to wait on his development instead of acquiring a player who can become a major contributor in the rotation starting this season? Inch for inch, pound for pound, I'm all for Stanley Johnson! Every PF that makes sense to draft ahead of Denzel Valentine will certainly be off the board.

We made the playoffs without any contribution from Jodie Meeks, and next to nothing from Spencer Dinwiddie; Spencer's gone and I'm wondering why after 2 consecutive seasons of being dead weight Jodie's still being valued as a Piston; IMHO Valentine can in and do better that both of those guys going out! Why not shore up the strength of the team (not including Drummond) by adding a player to the bench who can play? Reggie, KCP, Johnson, Bullock, and Hilliard gives us some diversely skilled players who are more than capable of aggressive play, why not add Valentine to that mix?

It's time for addition through subtraction; Dinwiddie is gone and now's the time for Meeks, Tolliver, and Blake to follow. Just how hard is it to upgrade those guys? I'm all for stop kicking up dust over a backup PG and PF; I believe Al Horford can be had as a major FA signing (please don't anyone bring up that Josh Smith fiasco), and I know that Reggie Jackson's backup won't be seeing that much clock...Oakland's Kay Felder should be there for us in the 2nd round! Just sayin'.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:46 pm

I really like Valentine, but at no point in his career is he projected to be capable of pushing out a player like KCP.

There are two really big reasons KCP will be hard to replace.
1. He brings something we haven't had at that position in years, superior athletic ability, something Valentine isn't blessed with
2. Ability to defend in ways Valentine won't be able to do at the next level

I like Valentine is a system like SA, where he would be a perfect player to develop, but he doesn't fit here as well!

Having said that, if SVG takes him, I won't be upset, I'd be happy.

BTW, I do recognize that Maker is a risk. I think we don't take enough risk, but that's just me.

I too am not thrilled with the PG's in this draft as starting PG's, but as backups, I think this draft is loaded!

You can't get hung up in only looking for starters, it takes more than starters to make a solid team.

Seb's choice isn't too bad(Marcus Page, PG UNC), but not likely on SVG's radar.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Gary Payton II might be a real steal in this draft

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:35 pm

Payton has the genes and he has the glove relating to his defensive ability. I am surprised that he hasn't moved up in this draft. Good quickness, good basketball IQ, and another guy who was the key player on his basketball team last season. I have a lot of questions regarding most of the players in this draft but you know what you get with Payton. He can play point guard and he can defend NBA point guards. How many draftees can guard NBA point guards who are listed in the first round of this draft?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Valentine is a no brainer pick for the Pistons if they get the chance to draft him

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:18 pm

I am surprised that some Piston fans would be willing to make low percentage gamble relating to a player like Maker. I wouldn't draft him with our 2nd round pick. Who is this guy anyway? I know he plays on the wing but has poor lateral quickness. He has trouble catching the basketball and has actually lost a few pounds in the last year that he can't afford to lose. Just how is this guy going to play power forward? Maker has a lower percentage chance of making it in the NBA than Darko in my opinion.

Meanwhile, Valentine has a great basketball IQ who can pass the basketball well, shoot the ball well and is an experienced player who was the leader and go to player last season at MSU. Valentine has the potential to make the rotation as a rookie and I believe he is the sleeper in this draft. If any of you saw Valentine play his last high school game where his team easily won the state championship, you would have witnessed something special. As much as I like Michigan State, I believe that Valentine's talent was held back and he might have become an elite college player much earlier in another program. I only question is if he can beat out KCP in his first season.

I have my doubts that Valentine will be available when Detroit's turn comes around. In my opinion, this is not a strong draft and I have little faith in any of the point guards in this draft relating to being able to step in and make the rotation.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:57 pm

This draft is really flat with so-called super star talent. Note: This comes from a Pistons Pal, who knows next to nothing about this year's draft pool.

But if I was GM Stan or Big Jeff B., I would draft Marcus Page PG-UNC. The kid was a 4 year player, who is sneaky gpod-to-great. He's cerebral and a high character guy. He would be solid back-up PG, who could lead OUR Pistons in the future.

So with the 18th the Piston select: Marcus Page, PG UNC.

Oracle wrote:Who to pick?

Trey Burke was the homer pick, and I loved him, but I questioned if he could be an NBA PG unless someone gave him the keys to the car, a team of his own similar to how it worked at Michigan. Well Utah did just that, and we discovered that at the NBA level, he couldn't drive.

Valentine is different, I have no doubt that his game translates to the NBA very well, he's going to be a solid pro, but does his game fit our needs? To this I answer no, but if Maker isn't there, he's the logical pick.

Maker gives us a chance to get top 5 talent with a #18 pick. He's a risk, but we're in a great position to take that risk because the potential rewards are so great.

Shoot for the fences and get a potential KG type player that checks the boxes for stretch 4, can put the ball on the floor and get to the rack like a guard type talent... do it SVG!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty It's all about the Benjamins, er., I mean the Draft...

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Who to pick?

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Golden State players who hurt the team in this playoff series the most

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Given the power of the NBA Front office manipulation process, Golden State still could have beaten Cleveland if three players had played average basketball. Harrison Barnes, Iggi, and Livingston couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the last 3 games. Wide open looks especially in Barnes case were not even close and that caused him to play a little weaker on defense. And Livingston had a great match up against Irving and did a great job posting up in the paint but couldn't make those key shots that he usually makes. And Iggi was a shell of the player he was in last year's finals. He had that back injury and lost his quickness on defense and couldn't get any lift on his jump shot. And of course the starting center was not able to play which really screwed up GS's rotation. So will all this going against Golden State why did the NBA Front office still have the need to throw their weight around to determine for sure that Cleveland would make history by winning those last 3 games? Wouldn't that be a great question for a sports reporter to ask the commissioner? Another question would be to ask if the commissioner is worried that nobody will watch any of the Eastern Conference playoff games next season. Imagine, the fans revolt and nobody buys a ticket in any of Cleveland's away games. The teams play with no fans watching as Cleveland fans watch intently on television as the NBA Front office pipes in fake fan noise to create drama for the Cleveland fans. There would be no fans watching in outside the arena in Toronto on cold nights. Wow see the fans could have some power if they wanted to screw with the NBA Front office entertainment package.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Don, does the truth even register for you?

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:15 pm

I just posted about the idiot talking heads saying the east was inferior being wrong, and then you come along and say the exact same thing!

Ok, I know you and I wanted GS to win! We're on the same page about Green, even though I thought the BIGGEST thing that hurt the Warriors was the loss of Bogut who was blocking all of Thompson's weak stuff and intimidating LeBron from going to the hole so much. But to see you write this blatant lie boggles the mind.

Don wrote:Maybe there should be a rule change where the best 16 teams regardless of conference makes the playoffs. That will leave our Pistons out of the playoffs along with several other current playoff teams in the east.

I added the text in red because that's what you're really saying.  If that happened, it wouldn't eliminate our Pistons, it would wipe out half of the pretenders in the west, the weakest conference!

It's not like this is some eastern conference conspiracy, it's all over the internet in living color! The Pistons would be a SOLID 5th seed in the weak west, where are you getting your material lol lol lol

FORUM - Page 2 Untitl10
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Congrats to the Cavs and Labron but has the NBA front office created a monster where we will go into the playoffs next season knowing that Cleveland will have a perfect record going into the finals????

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:54 pm

This last game was close where either team could have won it in the last minute. Irving made a great 3 point shot. He was special for the entire series. Labron's defense was fantastic and for sure he never touched a Golden State driver when they entered the paint. And of course Labron never used his powerful off arm to fend off any attempt to stop him on his powerful drives to the rim.

The special Labron rules mixed in with the special decision by the NBA Front office to call a T on Draymond Green two days after the 4th game had been played so they could tweak things and get Green suspended has tarnished this championship in the minds of most rational human beings.

But what happens now to the Eastern Conference teams next season relating to fan interest? Which dynamic free agent will Cleveland sign this summer to make sure they repeat? I believe most rational basketball fans would want to take next season off and not follow the NBA based the way all of the Eastern playoffs games were called by the officials who get their orders from the pointed shoes in the NBA Front office. They have created their entertainment product which should not be attractive to fans Eastern conference teams. Western Conference has only one team that will have to face Cleveland. I imagine that Curry is pretty sore today after 7 games of getting his body knocked around especially when he played defense. Somehow Thompson was seldom called for his technique of setting the high screen. He would run out to the high post full blast and instead of stopping and planting his feet, he was able to get away with knocking Labron's defender in the defender's blind side when he set those picks. This started happening in game 5 where the officials let anything go when Cleveland was on offense so Labron could initiate the layup drill. That is why Curry's wife rightfully said the game was fixed. Opps, that statement was not politically correct. We fans must remain stupid idiots who will still buy season tickets for the cannon fodder teams that have no chance. Like I said, the NBA Front office has gone too far this time. The suspension of Green should be talked about for years to come so fans who want a fair playing field can have some input on the NBA basketball product to curb some of the power for the NBA Lawyer pointed shoe mega wealthy dicts who brag about manipulating things. Power corrupts and this front office is more so than Stern's group.

How can we get excited about the18th pick and no chance of getting a real quality free agent? We Piston fans will get the leftovers again. The player agent lawyers having dinner with the NBA Front office officials will determine what will happen next season. Maybe there should be a rule change where the best 16 teams regardless of conference makes the playoffs. That will leave our Pistons out of the playoffs along with several other current playoff teams. But still don't expect Labron to have more than two fouls called against him in any playoff game next year. Labron doesn't need special rules. He is a great player. But the NBA Front office must show they have the real power by coaching the refs before each playoff game to get the desired outcome.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty OffSeason

Post  BallinD Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Hate to say it, but Congrats to the Champs, to Lebron, the NBA's top bully and best player, all in one and a more poised and polished champ could hardly be found. He earned his title the hard way, despite the heroics of our local boy Mr. Draymond Green.

Pistons have work to do and trades/draft will tell the tale. They are not as far as some may think from contending.

Time to pick up table scraps and maybe a drumstick or two.

I hope Dre watched the finals. Legit centers need to be able to move their feet and protect the rim. To see Tristan Thompson guarding Curry was an eye opener.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Finals...

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:53 pm

I didn't see the game yet, but if you missed that JR Smith interview, find it and watch it, it was something special!

From those that did see it and were Warriors fans, I hear it was a great game, but credit the Cavs with winning it fair and square.

I'll reserve my final judgement after I see it, but I tend to believe them.

Amazing win by Cleveland as they returned to being the team we saw in the east, that beat the Pistons & Hawks.

Credit to LeBron & Irving, with supporting casts of JR Smith & Love, but also a big shoutout to Tyron Lue, and congrats to the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio, a well deserved win after a long overdue drought!

It did bother me that because GS was beating the Cavs, that they put the east down as weak and ignored the fact that the east was actually really good last season!

I was rooting for the Warriors, but ultimately, I'm an eastern conference type of guy, and I'm pleased with the result!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next