Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Spurs vs Heat

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:41 am

Heat play WAY better than I thought they could, and the Spurs play WAY worse than I thought they would, then BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

James goes down like a 12 year old girl, and the Spurs are on the way to game 1!

The Spurs can't feel that they earned this one, but they'll take it!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty WOW!!!

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:23 am

Politics and religion don't mix; to basketball fanatics, rooting for the home team is like a religion...let's get back to rooting for the home team gentlemen.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty @ Don

Post  WTF Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:24 pm

I apologize for calling you a dumb ass Don but don't make assumption about where I've been, what I've done or how I worship if I do at all.  I'm about humanity and love for people period.  I understand my purpose in life sir and that's being a facilitator of love and compassion that's what I worship sir not a religion, a political belief, a race or status.  Those soldiers are no more important than my neighbors, strangers and family that have criminals release back into the public daily in their lives and communities that are far more closer and more of a immediate threat of life than four ass holes being sent back to some third world country.  

Where's the fu@king out-rage about that Don?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty How Many Times Can I Say I Don't Give A Sh!t In This Post?

Post  WTF Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Wisefan you are not very wise relating to the prisoner exchange. Leave out the politics please. Some people will follow a political leader off a cliff. I am not political and do not belong to any party and do not trust many politicians anywhere at anytime. Have you ever been in combat? I have and to select this American soldier to save and unleash murderers, one being a strong extreme leader who hates Americans is unacceptable for the soldiers who were in that American soldiers unit at the time he left his post. If the details turn out to be different from those that were reported by his unit members than I might want to reserve judgment. Still I worry a lot about the soldiers remaining in that part of the world that few people think about. We are moving out our troops but what if your butt was there right now? I am sure the remaining soldiers are worried because the enemy believes that they have won a big victory over this exchange. This thing at least should have been debated by members of Congress don't you think? Or is your President your God?

Yes Don I was active in the Navy in April of 1983 and help recover the bodies of CIA personnel, soldier and embassy staff after the US Embassy bombing in Beirut, Lebanon.  But who gives a sh!t.  

First you're a dumb ass for making an assumption about what my political beliefs my be, rather I served in the military or how and what I worship. I give a rat ass about your perception of me.  Clearly you do have a political preference because you certainly sound like all those other asshole republican, I don't give sh!t about the circumstance at the end of the of the day that's their fu@king job and those soldiers died doing their jobs.   facepalm 

BTW dumb ass he's your president as well.   tb 

Secondly I don't give a sh!t if it was debated or not the compassionate thing was to get him released and home he was still a solders and an American rather you and the many other asses like you think differently.  If the people were that big of an threat then they would have been tried already in an American court and sitting in a real American prison.  

They knew he walk off and they had choices then, no they really didn't they was order to go after him and died in the process. If they felt like that then they should've refused that order, no they can't because military people from top to bottom follow some politicians off a cliff without question right wrong or indifferent and if your ass was there and order to go after him you would have picked up your little rifle and went.  

Military prisoner get swapped all the time,  when did you serve Don?  Are you telling me there was no prisoner swapping? They enemy soldiers being sent back didn't kill American or were potential threats later?  

If Americans have an issue then they can always charge him with desertion and lock him up. Maybe that would make you and them feel better about it. I assure you this are not the first group of terrorist that been released so why bitch about this one soldier.

Third how in the fu@k you even know if I worship at all? but since you brought it up might I ask WWJD Don in this situation?  Are soldiers better than Jesus Don?  Don you're an idiot, and your combat time don't make you special and that's coming from one military person to another.  rockon
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Don on Heat

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:09 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Sparma wrote:I predict the Heat will win.  The Spurs do look like the better team, but LeBron's maybe the greatest ever, on a mission.  

Someone got published recently putting the Lions at 4-12.  I think they'll do much better, although looking at the schedule it's hard to see past 9-7.

I also predict the new Tigers shortstop will hit a bit.

Let's hope Billups takes the Wolves assistantship.  That would be a good starting point.

SVG sounding realistic about Monroe, saying he has a certain ceiling offer in mind, short of a max it would seem.  In the end, I think the Pistons will need to match a max offer, then make the best of things.  He's too good to walk away for nothing.

Glad to hear Josh Smith wants to be coached.  I believe it too.  He should be much better this year, working with SVG.
Sparma:

It is difficult to not place your money on the Heat. I hope they lose this time around. It would be good for the NBA. 

Billups should get some distance away from Detroit for awhile and take that job. 

Monroe has to be signed or signed and traded. 

SVG has done a great job with his assistant coaching hires. Now adding a shooting coach will be really great. Malone will improve the big men. If Josh Smith realizes the amount of potential he has and means what he is saying which means he must acquire better practicing habits in the off season, then I will be excited to watch Josh Smith develop into an All Star. If it is all talk then I want him gone by January.

The Heat should have lost last year, and barely eeked out the win! In short, the Heat were,

1. Lucky, and
2. Had Home Court

They may have luck again, but for sure they won't have home court!

They also didn't beat anybody, but you can't blame them, the east had a bunch of nobodies to throw at them!

The do have LeBron and a better playing DWade, so they aren't defensless!

I just don't see the role players stepping up as big this year, but Tony Parker is the wild card!

If Parker isn't close to 100%, the Heat may win!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Political Don...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:34 pm

"Wisefan you are not very wise relating to the prisoner exchange. Leave out the politics please. Some people will follow a political leader off a cliff. I am not political and do not belong to any party and do not trust many politicians anywhere at anytime. Have you ever been in combat? I have and to select this American soldier to save and unleash murderers, one being a strong extreme leader who hates Americans is unacceptable for the soldiers who were in that American soldiers unit at the time he left his post. If the details turn out to be different from those that were reported by his unit members than I might want to reserve judgment. Still I worry a lot about the soldiers remaining in that part of the world that few people think about. We are moving out our troops but what if your butt was there right now? I am sure the remaining soldiers are worried because the enemy believes that they have won a big victory over this exchange. This thing at least should have been debated by members of Congress don't you think? Or is your President your God?" - Don

Don, you know I have a lot of respect for you, but to say you aren't political appears to be far from the truth, especially based on what I underlined and bolded! First, you need to examine facts, then apply AMERICAN values to those facts!

1. This guy wasn't selected, if I'm not mistaken, he's either the last POW, or close to the last!

2. The guys Obama let go were going to be let go anyway with NOTHING coming back in return, sort of like if we just let Monroe walk for ZIP! At least we got something!

3. But I saved the biggie for last! You say if the details changed, you might change your mind? WTF? If you don't know the details for absolute certain, shouldn't you be reserving judgement in the first place?

BTW, I can't see how any American can "Like" the deal, but in life, we do a lot of stuff we don't like to get something we do like!

I wasn't in the military, but I grew up in the defense industry, and in that business, a lot of stuff happens... legal and illegal, nobody is totally clean, but of course, we never tell folks about those things!

The bottom line: They cut a deal to get one of our boys home! If that effer deserted, let's have a neck tie party, but I don't leave Americans behind unless they're traitors, and there better well be 100% proof of that!

It's sad that people let politics interfer with being an American!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:12 pm

merc wrote:Have to say it's a breath of fresh air hearing that Gores is challenging these guys daily to hire the right management team... starting to get the feeling that this will lead to smart executive decisions with good communications skills.
Def looking forward to the summer moves.
Mercury there is a new exciting feeling for Piston fans who are paying attention right now. This is the time to create something special relating to leadership that has been missing for a long time at the Palace. Yes I am taking a big breath right now and it feels great.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:09 pm

deusXango wrote:Oracle, I thank you for the kind words; I don't know what brought that on, but they came at precisely the time I needed a pat on the back...thank you!

Stuckey as a PG is a proven disaster, for those who've been paying attention, and his best role is as a 6th man...for instant offense off the bench, Bynum is better and Siva directs an offense much better than Stuck...none of them plays decent man defense (Siva is the best defender in the bunch). Bynum's and Siva's combined salaries are less than Stuckey's certain demands...who can't understand 2 for 1 at a discount rate? Why should SVG waste his time talking with Stuckey about a role on the team and a contract when Stuckey has had problems with every coach he's had as a Piston? Why foul the apple barrel before he gets started?
Oracle, I remember when Stuckey not only was supposed to own D Rose, but was put off that anyone thought R Westbrook was a better player than him...the laughable part is, there were some fans who backed that notion.

"It seems that most will agree that J.S. does not work as a SF... I'm not yet convinced that he doesn't work at PF... history shows that if he is placed in a position where he can't shoot from range he performs well... I put a lot of his failure on Joe and the coaches.... one more look b4 final judgment."-Merc

Thanks for interjecting the voice of reason concerning what will be our strength going forward, our Big 3 men. SVG has indicated that they need to be rotated for maximum effectiveness and I don't think he actually have starting two centers in mind while bringing the only PF off the bench...it's nice to read a positive post from an open-minded fan. Merc to the rescue.

I'm not going to worry about Monroe's contract; we're saving on the guaranteed contract of the lost #8 pick which can be added to a known commodity in Monroe...if he received what J-Smoove is getting, I'd be alright with that.

What if Luigi Datome comes out shooting like a demon and impresses SVG and Bower? What if they decide to wrap him up in a lowball extension and not pursue Hayward, Parsons, or Deng...would the fans be okay with that?

Would Jennings, Jerebko, and whatever be worth Stauskas? I love that kid.
Good stuff from both dX and Oracle. I think we would be dreaming to be able to somehow get our hands on Stauskas. Few GMs want Jennings on their teams. Jerebco is a guy who could be attractive. I think all Jerebco needs to excel is having the ability to play with a real point guard. He is big and quick and all he needs to show his real stuff is having the ability to play with a real point guard for one time in his NBA life. We could say the same thing regarding other Piston players as well. I really like the thought of doing whatever is needed to secure at least one more player in this amazing draft. Stauskas would draw the fans and management should be thinking about the empty seats.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Sparma wrote:I predict the Heat will win.  The Spurs do look like the better team, but LeBron's maybe the greatest ever, on a mission.  

Someone got published recently putting the Lions at 4-12.  I think they'll do much better, although looking at the schedule it's hard to see past 9-7.

Let's hope Billups takes the Wolves assistantship.  That would be a good starting point.

SVG sounding realistic about Monroe, saying he has a certain ceiling offer in mind, short of a max it would seem.  In the end, I think the Pistons will need to match a max offer, then make the best of things.  He's too good to walk away for nothing.

Glad to hear Josh Smith wants to be coached.  I believe it too.  He should be much better this year, working with SVG.
Sparma:

It is difficult to not place your money on the Heat. I hope they lose this time around. It would be good for the NBA. 

Billups should get some distance away from Detroit for awhile and take that job. 

Monroe has to be signed or signed and traded. 

SVG has done a great job with his assistant coaching hires. Now adding a shooting coach will be really great. Malone will improve the big men. If Josh Smith realizes the amount of potential he has and means what he is saying which means he must acquire better practicing habits in the off season, then I will be excited to watch Josh Smith develop into an All Star. If it is all talk then I want him gone by January.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:I can't go into everything but I think Van Gundy gets it.

This season I was embarrassed by this teams effort on defense. This teams defense was shameful, embarrassing, depressing,disrespectful, A joke, and on and on. Van Gundy gets that.

After I saw that pill situation with Jennings it put the stamp on Jennings for me. I'm done with that guy.

As far as Josh Smith goes. Does he have A real NBA position? NO! Is he A tweener? Yes. is he A player you want making big decisions in basketball games? No. Is he A starter on the Detroit Pistons? NO. Can he help Detroit win games? Yes. Can he help other teams win in the NBA? Yes. Can he start for other teams in the NBA? Yes. Would he be willing to take A 6th man of the year role on A team that's not ready to win A NBA championship??? I don't think so.

If Smith can't take A 6th man role, it's only fair for him to be traded to A good team who can play for championships right now.
Good job with this Phil!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:51 pm

WISEFAN wrote:NBA Finals Prediction:  Spurs in 6 IMO Spur are the better team even though Lebron is the best player in the league I just don't see his team mates giving him the support he'll need to beat the Spurs.

Donald Sterling:  Thank God this nonsense is over with and the team will be sold but the media sure do know how to run a story into the freaking ground. My guess is even after the sale we'll get a season full of meaningless conversation about it.  Riddance Sterling!

Flip Saunders:  Good for you and Good Luck. Definitely Good Luck to Chauncey Billups if he takes the assistant job as part of Flip's staff. Hopes he takes the job offer.

Detroit Lions:  Come on season I'm ready for some football.  I think great things are going to happen this year but it won't be easy because I think the Bears, Lions, Packers and Vikings all improved so it going to be exciting. What I'm not looking forward is all the Michelle Sam talk and bullsh!t   facepalm 

Politics:  I'm so freaking tired of the lack of compassion, all the over stating of nothing and pocket lining.  Yes you dumb fu@ks climate change is real and man made,  yes the president is still black and the next president is likely a woman if you're going nuts now just wait for the one after to be openly gay. I swear this dumb ass debate over this soldier being brought home from capture is fu@king stupid.  Secondly either try those freaking prisoners or send back you can always kill them later dumb asses if your that uncomfortable them being released.
Wisefan you are not very wise relating to the prisoner exchange. Leave out the politics please. Some people will follow a political leader off a cliff. I am not political and do not belong to any party and do not trust many politicians anywhere at anytime. Have you ever been in combat? I have and to select this American soldier to save and unleash murderers, one being a strong extreme leader who hates Americans is unacceptable for the soldiers who were in that American soldiers unit at the time he left his post. If the details turn out to be different from those that were reported by his unit members than I might want to reserve judgment. Still I worry a lot about the soldiers remaining in that part of the world that few people think about. We are moving out our troops but what if your butt was there right now? I am sure the remaining soldiers are worried because the enemy believes that they have won a big victory over this exchange. This thing at least should have been debated by members of Congress don't you think? Or is your President your God?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty DraftExpress and Spencer Dinwiddie

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:36 pm

My hope is that SVG listens to DraftExpress experts and picks Spencer Dinwiddie in the 2nd round. I know most of you don't know him. He was out for most of last season after knee surgery. If not, Spencer would have been the PAC12s MVP. We need a bigger smarter point guard and Spencer is the man. He also plays outstanding defense and is one of those players who can create his own shot when the game is on the line. We we get this guy I will relax relating to our point guard situation. I am surprised that many of you Piston fans were naming shooting guards in your wish list before Detroit lost their number one pick. WE NEED A OUTSTANDING POINT GUARD. We do not have even an average point guard on the roster. If somehow SVG makes a trade for a point guard then I am on board with that. But the number one priority should be to bring in two new point guards unless Siva can handle a back up job. I don't trust either Jennings or Bynum and hope neither return.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty A few things on my mind

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Oracle, I thank you for the kind words; I don't know what brought that on, but they came at precisely the time I needed a pat on the back...thank you!

Stuckey as a PG is a proven disaster, for those who've been paying attention, and his best role is as a 6th man...for instant offense off the bench, Bynum is better and Siva directs an offense much better than Stuck...none of them plays decent man defense (Siva is the best defender in the bunch). Bynum's and Siva's combined salaries are less than Stuckey's certain demands...who can't understand 2 for 1 at a discount rate? Why should SVG waste his time talking with Stuckey about a role on the team and a contract when Stuckey has had problems with every coach he's had as a Piston? Why foul the apple barrel before he gets started?
Oracle, I remember when Stuckey not only was supposed to own D Rose, but was put off that anyone thought R Westbrook was a better player than him...the laughable part is, there were some fans who backed that notion.

"It seems that most will agree that J.S. does not work as a SF... I'm not yet convinced that he doesn't work at PF... history shows that if he is placed in a position where he can't shoot from range he performs well... I put a lot of his failure on Joe and the coaches.... one more look b4 final judgment."-Merc

Thanks for interjecting the voice of reason concerning what will be our strength going forward, our Big 3 men. SVG has indicated that they need to be rotated for maximum effectiveness and I don't think he actually have starting two centers in mind while bringing the only PF off the bench...it's nice to read a positive post from an open-minded fan. Merc to the rescue.

I'm not going to worry about Monroe's contract; we're saving on the guaranteed contract of the lost #8 pick which can be added to a known commodity in Monroe...if he received what J-Smoove is getting, I'd be alright with that.

What if Luigi Datome comes out shooting like a demon and impresses SVG and Bower? What if they decide to wrap him up in a lowball extension and not pursue Hayward, Parsons, or Deng...would the fans be okay with that?

Would Jennings, Jerebko, and whatever be worth Stauskas? I love that kid.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Josh, Lions, Spurs

Post  WTF Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 pm

BTW, the picture that Wise has of Josh Smith is a great one! He really does look like he belongs as a Piston! - Oracle

Yep, he always has from the time he enter the league I thought it and wished on it now here he is. You can just see that DNA dripping right off him soured face and all.

Sparma and Oracle that schedule does look tough especially the back end of it but I do think they can win the early games on the schedule even some of the tough ones. Not looking at the schedule at the moment but think that got the Bears and Packers twice on the back end and the Vikings once.

Oracle, I started to say the Spurs in 5 because I can see them winning 2 at home and then stealing 1 in Miami to come home and win in 5. Beside Bosh and Charmers I don't anyone else being as good as they were a season ago to support Lebron.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Cause Stuff needs a reply...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Sparma wrote:I predict the Heat will win.  The Spurs do look like the better team, but LeBron's maybe the greatest ever, on a mission.  - I'm torn, but if Parker is healthy, I don't see how the Heat win, they're just not as good as last year, but then again, they haven't had to be... yet! Spurs in 5.

Someone got published recently putting the Lions at 4-12.  I think they'll do much better, although looking at the schedule it's hard to see past 9-7. - IMO, if you're good the schedule doesn't matter! In fact, I prefer that they go out and compete in a tough environment, it's just better all around!

I also predict the new Tigers shortstop will hit a bit. - Tossup

Let's hope Billups takes the Wolves assistantship.  That would be a good starting point. - Agree

SVG sounding realistic about Monroe, saying he has a certain ceiling offer in mind, short of a max it would seem.  In the end, I think the Pistons will need to match a max offer, then make the best of things.  He's too good to walk away for nothing. - Monroe is going nowhere, SVG is blowing smoke about having a number! Yeah he does have a number, but that's the nature of negotiations. He'll match any offer... book it!

Glad to hear Josh Smith wants to be coached.  I believe it too.  He should be much better this year, working with SVG. - Agreed

BTW, the picture that Wise has of Josh Smith is a great one! He really does look like he belongs as a Piston!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Stuff

Post  Sparma Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:02 pm

I predict the Heat will win. The Spurs do look like the better team, but LeBron's maybe the greatest ever, on a mission.

Someone got published recently putting the Lions at 4-12. I think they'll do much better, although looking at the schedule it's hard to see past 9-7.

Let's hope Billups takes the Wolves assistantship. That would be a good starting point.

SVG sounding realistic about Monroe, saying he has a certain ceiling offer in mind, short of a max it would seem. In the end, I think the Pistons will need to match a max offer, then make the best of things. He's too good to walk away for nothing.

Glad to hear Josh Smith wants to be coached. I believe it too. He should be much better this year, working with SVG.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Just Some Sh!t On My Mind This Morning

Post  WTF Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:40 pm

NBA Finals Prediction:  Spurs in 6 IMO Spur are the better team even though Lebron is the best player in the league I just don't see his team mates giving him the support he'll need to beat the Spurs.

Donald Sterling:  Thank God this nonsense is over with and the team will be sold but the media sure do know how to run a story into the freaking ground. My guess is even after the sale we'll get a season full of meaningless conversation about it.  Riddance Sterling!

Flip Saunders:  Good for you and Good Luck. Definitely Good Luck to Chauncey Billups if he takes the assistant job as part of Flip's staff. Hopes he takes the job offer.

Detroit Lions:  Come on season I'm ready for some football.  I think great things are going to happen this year but it won't be easy because I think the Bears, Lions, Packers and Vikings all improved so it going to be exciting. What I'm not looking forward is all the Michelle Sam talk and bullsh!t   facepalm 

Politics:  I'm so freaking tired of the lack of compassion, all the over stating of nothing and pocket lining.  Yes you dumb fu@ks climate change is real and man made,  yes the president is still black and the next president is likely a woman if you're going nuts now just wait for the one after to be openly gay. I swear this dumb ass debate over this soldier being brought home from capture is fu@king stupid.  Secondly either try those freaking prisoners or send back you can always kill them later dumb asses if your that uncomfortable them being released.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty SVG On Brandon Jennings

Post  WTF Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:07 am

Van Gundy told me a few weeks ago that Jennings has impressed him already with his eagerness to get going and his passion for competing. He said he’s seen Jennings have many games where he plays very well for most of the night, then makes a few plays that are head-scratchers. As his coach, he feels it’s his charge to help Jennings eliminate those plays. He’s obviously a gifted scorer – that’s been his calling card since entering the league – and an underrated playmaker, averaging nearly eight assists a game last year. He’s still only 24. He doesn’t have to be a great defender to elevate himself into top-10 point guard status, but his ability to improve on that end – and the system Van Gundy will put in place should help all of the Pistons contribute to better team defense, as his record suggests – will surely further his and his team’s cause. - Life On Dumars

As I said it's off court stuff that bugs the sh!t out of me with Jennings. I have no doubt if SVG and Bowers are capable of getting Jennings corrected on the court but off the court he needs to grow up quickly. My guess is that SVG had made these comments before that damn YouTube clip of Jennings at the club passing a molly.

True it's hard to argue the 8 assist average, he can score although I think he needs to become better from the 3 range. He gambles a lot on defense it great if the gambles pay off and devastating when it don't. If SVG can control on and off the court than I'm okay with keeping him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty I can live with Josh, Monroe & Drummond

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:38 am

And be a VERY happy camper!

IMO, the action begins when SVG & crew select who plays the 1,2 & 3!

If they nail that, we're in the conversation for challenging in the east, 2nd round would be close to the minimum expectation!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Words of Wisdom...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:34 am

When taking the wife to bed, never talk basketball, and never mention Magic Johnson unless you want to get your feelings hurt!

Honey, it's good, but seriously, your Johnson is hardly Magic... bummer  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Now that managment is in place I'm ready for some trades!!

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:11 am

I can't go into everything but I think Van Gundy gets it.

This season I was embarrassed by this teams effort on defense. This teams defense was shameful, embarrassing, depressing,disrespectful, A joke, and on and on. Van Gundy gets that.

After I saw that pill situation with Jennings it put the stamp on Jennings for me. I'm done with that guy.

As far as Josh Smith goes. Does he have A real NBA position? NO! Is he A tweener? Yes. is he A player you want making big decisions in basketball games? No. Is he A starter on the Detroit Pistons? NO. Can he help Detroit win games? Yes. Can he help other teams win in the NBA? Yes. Can he start for other teams in the NBA? Yes. Would he be willing to take A 6th man of the year role on A team that's not ready to win A NBA championship??? I don't think so.

If Smith can't take A 6th man role, it's only fair for him to be traded to A good team who can play for championships right now.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Today's PC

Post  merc Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:50 am

Have to say it's a breath of fresh air hearing that Gores is challenging these guys daily to hire the right management team... starting to get the feeling that this will lead to smart executive decisions with good communications skills.
Def looking forward to the summer moves.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Smiff

Post  merc Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:42 am

It seems that most will agree that J.S. does not work as a SF... I'm not yet convinced that he doesn't work at PF... history shows that if he is placed in a position where he can't shoot from range he performs well... I put a lot of his failure on Joe and the coaches.... one more look b4 final judgement.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty I Feel You Oracle

Post  WTF Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:44 am

Oracle wrote:1. Stuckey is a point guard by training, but a sg by most other measures! If Stuckey is on my team, I have to be able to play him at point guard, either starting or 1st guard off the bench. So in my world, it's either Bynum or Stuckey, there's only room for one, so if Stuckey can take Bynum money, I say resign him, but he won't(he'll get better offers, he still has skills)!

2. I would agree with Wise that SVG should have a heart to heart with Stuckey, but only if he was still under contract... he isn't! There's no reason to discuss anything with Stuckey beyond item 1, i.e. can we do a 3M/year deal?

3. When you need him most, he won't be there! The dude has a host of physical & mental problems that limit his ability to perform. He's never really recovered from that concussion, and if he's not able to play when you need him, what's the point!

Finally, it's just time to clean house of the bad blood and start fresh! Stuckey is the face of the dark days of Joe's screw up years!

The house of Stuckey led the Pistons from greatness to a laughing stock, and getting rid of him removes the last stench of failure off the books!

Stuckey went from owning Derrick Rose to not only not being able to carry Rose's jock, but smelling like his jock after a fierce workout  lol 

I wish him the best of luck and success because it wasn't all his fault, but I'll be glad to see him go!

I'm cool with him staying or going but SVG better have better options than what's left (Siva, Bynum, Jennings, Billups, and KCP) because like his ass or not he was the best guard on the team at either guard position.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty @Don

Post  WTF Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:39 am

Don, while I whole heartedly agree that this team played dumb last season I honestly don't think the players are dumb with the exception of Jennings who has all the potential for greatness but can't grasp the concept of being a PG.

I can't be critical of Josh struggles at SF no more than I can with Monroe defensive struggle at PF they both were being used improperly. I know Monroe has talent but he also has a tendency to play lazy and take games off my issue with Monroe isn't that he couldn't defend other PF it was him not even attempting to try to defend the PF on the perimeter. Josh was going to have his problems with the Paul Georges and KD but he was more than capable of defending the Lebron and Carmelo types. Josh was never a bad defender.

IMO the entire roster was used incorrectly, the rotation and game plans sucked. Everything about it was wrong and that was Cheeks fault, Loyers fault and Joe's fault. Josh didn't get Cheeks fired, Cheeks got Cheeks fired I don't care if a players is a follower or a leader as long as they do it well and I don't know why you insist that Josh was here to lead. If Josh failed it was because Cheeks stood in his way when Josh called the team out and said they played soft and needed to play harder Monroe rolled his eyes in an interview and said the team plays hard enough and then Cheeks backed Monroe up on it. You and every watching the games knew this team played soft. Josh didn't think he played with dummies he thought he was playing with a bunch of pussies every night.

What I didn't understand was Cheeks siding with Monroe considering the inconsistency in his play, his lazy effort and his refusal to play out on the elbow to improve the team spacing. Somehow Josh was turned into the villain for speaking out and isn't that what you want from a leader to call out other players? he certainly brought energy and effort every night. IMO had Cheeks allowed Josh to be that strong voice things might have been different his ass might still be sitting here as coach.

As for dummies it likely more about his off court than it is his on court stuff. Jennings know what he needs to do he just doesn't and perhaps a strong kick in the ass may motivate him. He's not a dumb player just a dumb person we forget sometimes that dum dum passed on college and it could be because he wasn't equipped mentally to attend college.

I'm just glad to read that SVG recognizes that the concept and use of the players were wrong.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next