Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty BTW

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Since Cleveland picked a hot SG, does that mean Waiters is on the block? Heaven knows they might not last another season with him and Irving fussing so much!

BTW, "The Fat Man", thanks DX  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The sh!t that made my stomach flip

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:10 pm

With the #9 pick the Charlotte Hornets select Noah Vonleh...that's what I hate Joe's fat ass for...short-sighted mutha fucka!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty A different view of the same thing

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:02 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Okay Kings can have Josh Smith if they give us Nick Stauskas and Ray McCallum Jr  their pick 1st next season and cash.  Joe Dumars I hate your fat guts!

Okay Kings can have Josh Smith if they give us Nick Stauskas and Ray McCallum Jr., their 1st pick next season and cash. Stan Van Gundy I love your fat ass!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty WOW! OMG! DAMN!

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Man I would love to have Utah's backcourt Burke and Exum    Sad  Joe Dumars you're an asshole!

I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Utah is going to absolutely love this backcourt tandem WOW!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Hmmmmmmm I'll Be In PAIN! Oracle The Entire 1st Round

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Okay Utah you can have Moose for Alec Burke, Favors and your next year 1st for Moose in a sign and trade.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Backcourt Dreaming

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:45 pm

I would also give sign and trade with Philly for Young and MCW if the talking heads and MCW speculation that he might be traded is true.   I can live with MCW and KCP as our backcourt duo!  Joe your still a dumbass!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty OMG!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Man I would love to have Utah's backcourt Burke and Exum    Sad  Joe Dumars you're an asshole!

I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Just Sad So So Sad! What Could Have Been WTF!

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Okay Kings can have Josh Smith if they give us Nick Stauskas and Ray McCallum Jr their pick 1st next season and cash. Joe Dumars I hate your fat guts!

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Dang! I'm Sad

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Man I would love to have Utah's backcourt Burke and Exum    Sad  Joe Dumars you're an asshole!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:23 pm

And with the 101st pick in the draft the Detroit Dumars select Darko's little brother Marco... ZZZzzzz
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Blah Blah Blah Blah Googoly Goo Blah

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:I will say this. B.Jennings is not A total bird brain like Josh Smith is. Josh is just A lost cause. that's the number 1 priority this summer. To get this guy out of town and Van Gundy is trying to do it.

I don't have any hope for Jennings because he is such A hood-rat and still immature. But I can deal with his contract for half A season until A good trade offer comes about.

But Josh Smith, his days as A Piston are close to over.

Sour Pee Boy that's how all your postings sound blah blah or more like that teacher from Charlie Brown wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah , wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah.  wah wah wah wah wah wah Josh wah wah wah wah wah wah wah Sour wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah Moose wah wah wah wah wah wah wah @#!%#% wah wah franchise wah wah wah wah wah Jennings wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah Josh wah wah wah wah priority wah wah wah wah wah trade wah wah wah wah Josh wah wah dumb wah wah wah IQ wah wah Cynic wah wah wah wah is wah wah wah wah smarter wah wah wah wah wah than wah wah wah wah my wah wah wah dumb wah wah wah ass wah wah wah every wah wah day wah wah wah of wah wah wah duh! wah wah wah week wah wah wah wah so wah wah I wah wah just wah wah wah wah make wah wah wah wah wah wah stupid wah wah wah wah wah wah sh!t wah wah wah wah wah wah wah up wah wah wah wah wah wah or wah wah wah wah wah wah  wah wah wah pull wah wah wah from wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah ass. Wah Wah Wah   lol

Last edited by WISEFAN on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:55 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
If so, then next summer we can get excited if we land the number one pick. In 6 years we have not landed one new really great player. When that day comes again, I will start wearing my Piston hat again. - Don

CTFU  lol 

Please can we all chip in and buy Don a new Pistons hat quickly, perhaps one with the old school logo and a Zeke throwback jersey  lol Don you are driving me insane every time I read your post. Man you have to shake out of it yes this team has sucked rocks since 2009 but the clown in charge is no longer here.   These players aren't all as bad as you make them out to be but it had a lot to do with coaching, and a lot to do with Joe. Yes every single player on the team needs to step their game up but it's not like its impossible to do.  

SVG knows the players flaws, he doing his homework something neither Cheeks, Frank, and Kuester attempted to do because they were servant to Joe in doing what his dumbass thought should be done.  We'll SVG now reports to SVG so he's fully accountable, nowhere to point a finger or place blame but at himself if things don't pan out.   This alone should make you optimistic but just seeing to date how SVG has been going about things and his honest open assessments of what he seeing in a breath of fresh air.  

Yeah this team could suck next season but it won't be sucking for the same sorry ass reason it did while that Fat Idiot was screwing up things in these parts.
Sorry Wisefan. You are correct that we should be celebrating now that Joe Dumars has retired. But I worry about this owner because he is the person responsible for deciding on the deal with Ben Gordon and the trade involving Brandon Knight and C. Middleton. We lack good athletes at key positions. Few can even make a free throw. One player who we previously were building the team around (Monroe) no longer wants to play for the Pistons. Actually he is no gem anyway as we both agree. We have few players who can defend. A. Affalo could have really helped this team but it appears that no attempt was made to get him. Most of my old Piston friends have decided to chill out for next season and ignore the Detroit Pistons and concentrate on watching good basketball with the Spurs. It might be amusing to watch Monroe try to pad his stats again with SVG as his coach. Will he bench Monroe until a trade can be worked out? Too bad Monroe couldn't be traded before this draft for a first round pick maybe involving the Lakers. 

If we get CJ Wilcox out of this draft, I will change my attitude. But I am not comfortable letting Tom Gores off the hook just yet. He and his bungling partners have caused a lot of Piston pain so far.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty SVG & Monroe

Post  Sparma Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Yes, he's blowing smoke. Monroe signing a one-year qualifying offer would be bad for the team; getting forced into a lousy trade would also be bad.

Oracle, you earlier characterized the "nuclear" option as lose-lose. Thinking about it, I'd distinguish that the player loses the first year, but wins (if all goes according to plan) in the long run; the team wins in the short term (they get a quality player on the cheap for a year and they could use the saved money that year to bring someone in) but loses in the long run (except for some cap saving). The player loses the battle, but wins the war; the team wins the battle, but loses the war. Each side loses something, so they both have motivation to avoid that path. It still looks to me like we'll see that scenario though if there's not a good sign-and-trade (and if Monroe isn't offered a super deal in Detroit). What I don't see happening is Monroe signing a reaonable longterm deal for 11-12 mil in Detroit as some have hoped. He'll sign the one year 5.4 deal before doing that.

Oracle wrote:Is he blowing smoke?

SVG wrote:Van Gundy also said having Monroe sign a one-year qualifying offer that would make him an unrestricted free agent next summer would be OK for the team, too.

"We're comfortable with all of the options," Van Gundy said. "On the parts that we can control, we're comfortable that we'll be OK no matter what. There can't be a trade we don't like."

SVG wrote:The Pistons, Van Gundy made clear, are rebuilding around 20-year-old center Andre Drummond, entering the third year of his career. They likely are stuck with Smith, who signed a $54 million, four-year deal last summer, whether the Van Gundy wants him or not. And, point guard Brandon Jennings is entering the second year of his $24 million, three-year contract that probably keeps him on the roster for at least next season.

SVG wrote:The Pistons haven't been in the playoffs since 2009 -- when Monroe was still in college -- and need to make moves to improve their roster with or without him. In particular, Van Gundy acknowledged they hope to get help at shooting guard and small forward in free agency.

"We targeted nine or 10 people (Monday) that we'd want to have initial calls with right away and target," Van Gundy said.

full article - Pistons planning pivots around Monroe
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Selected SVG Quotes from NBA News

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Is he blowing smoke?

SVG wrote:Van Gundy also said having Monroe sign a one-year qualifying offer that would make him an unrestricted free agent next summer would be OK for the team, too.

"We're comfortable with all of the options," Van Gundy said. "On the parts that we can control, we're comfortable that we'll be OK no matter what. There can't be a trade we don't like."

SVG wrote:The Pistons, Van Gundy made clear, are rebuilding around 20-year-old center Andre Drummond, entering the third year of his career. They likely are stuck with Smith, who signed a $54 million, four-year deal last summer, whether the Van Gundy wants him or not. And, point guard Brandon Jennings is entering the second year of his $24 million, three-year contract that probably keeps him on the roster for at least next season.

SVG wrote:The Pistons haven't been in the playoffs since 2009 -- when Monroe was still in college -- and need to make moves to improve their roster with or without him. In particular, Van Gundy acknowledged they hope to get help at shooting guard and small forward in free agency.

"We targeted nine or 10 people (Monday) that we'd want to have initial calls with right away and target," Van Gundy said.

full article - Pistons planning pivots around Monroe
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:51 pm

I will say this. B.Jennings is not A total bird brain like Josh Smith is. Josh is just A lost cause. that's the number 1 priority this summer. To get this guy out of town and Van Gundy is trying to do it.

I don't have any hope for Jennings because he is such A hood-rat and still immature. But I can deal with his contract for half A season until A good trade offer comes about.

But Josh Smith, his days as A Piston are close to over.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Wise/Don

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:48 pm

@Wise - Good post! Our biggest problems have been management/coaching. That's not to let the players off the hook, but, IMO, they're the least of the problem. It's easy to praise players under Pop's Spurs machine, but those same players outside of their top players would be suck asses anywhere else(that's why Daye has a shot). It's all about management & coaching once you get beyond a certain point... something we've been in short supply of!

@Don - IMO, all things being equal, we have the big men we need to go into the season, no additions are needed! So that means that between the draft, free agency and trades, you have to believe that PG, SG & SF would be positions being targeted.

If that's the case, you can cease talking about Bynum or Siva. IMO, only Jennings would be in the mix with some new options being brought in to compete for starting jobs at all 3 smaller positions... that's our biggest weakness, IMO!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Come On Don Put Your Hat Back On

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:29 pm

If so, then next summer we can get excited if we land the number one pick. In 6 years we have not landed one new really great player. When that day comes again, I will start wearing my Piston hat again. - Don

CTFU  lol 

Please can we all chip in and buy Don a new Pistons hat quickly, perhaps one with the old school logo and a Zeke throwback jersey  lol Don you are driving me insane every time I read your post. Man you have to shake out of it yes this team has sucked rocks since 2009 but the clown in charge is no longer here. These players aren't all as bad as you make them out to be but it had a lot to do with coaching, and a lot to do with Joe. Yes every single player on the team needs to step their game up but it's not like its impossible to do.

SVG knows the players flaws, he doing his homework something neither Cheeks, Frank, and Kuester attempted to do because they were servant to Joe in doing what his dumbass thought should be done. We'll SVG now reports to SVG so he's fully accountable, nowhere to point a finger or place blame but at himself if things don't pan out. This alone should make you optimistic but just seeing to date how SVG has been going about things and his honest open assessments of what he seeing in a breath of fresh air.

Yeah this team could suck next season but it won't be sucking for the same sorry ass reason it did while that Fat Idiot was screwing up things in these parts.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Talking Heads

Post  Sparma Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Yesterday, Chris Broussard included the Knicks and the Nets as two of the five most likely destinations for LeBron.  It seems well-nigh impossible that he'd go to either this year given their cap situations and what they might have to trade.  Even his fellow talking heads were teasing him for doing PR work for the two big city teams, revving up fan interest.  He himself seemed a bit sheepish about his crazy speculation.  

Now if Detroit were at the core of the wild speculation, I might get a kick out of it.  But all the big market chatter drives me batty after a while.

WISEFAN wrote:of course all the freaking talking heads and their dumbass analysis.  

This is what's wrong with players today because the Hype Machine always setting the bar low.   How insane is it to think that James and Anthony would go to the Western Conference because it's to tough so they'll likely stay in the Eastern Conference were thy have better chance of winning  facepalm  Yeah I wanted to kick my TV when the dumbass said this.  It like do they even think about the dumb sh!t that they are spouting before they even say it?  Ultimately the objective is to win an NBA title and playing in a weaker conference doesn't make that much of a difference, secondly isn't the objective for most players are to compete against the best so their achievements are more rewarding?

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Man what if right before  a team selecting in the draft top five Adam Silver announces the that team will be selecting for the Pistons because a sign and trade for Moose was done and it included the pick.   tb - At this point any dream may be better than none  lol 

Look like some things are starting to happen since LBJ and Melo opted out teams are starting to move players and salaries to make their bids on this players.  Looks like Z-Bo is on the verge of opting out as well.

Yes t would have been nice if we were in play for Affalo but I still optimistic something good is going to happen for the team regardless who we move Josh, Moose, Jennings or whomever. Don you can forget anything close to a complete overhauling  lol 

Just because I prefer to keep Monroe & trade Josh, doesn't mean I'm opposed to trading Monroe, and heaven knows that I'd agree to almost any trade involving Jennings.

@Don - IMO, it's very hard to judge players when they're playing under poorly designed systems with bogus management! Even Jennings could be functional in the right system, so a complete overhaul probably isn't needed, but a serious strategic overhaul!

I really would like to see this team under SVG! Nobody's value will go down, Monroe will be just as valuable with a new contract, and Josh has nowhere to go but up if used properly! Jennings could even prosper if coming off the bench... in short who knows, but it might be worth the price of admission to see.
But who will play point guard Oracle? Will it be Bynum or Jennings? Both will be a huge liability if we do not have a 2 guard who is an outstanding defender and shooter. SVG does mention Siva and I would be so happy if he can beat out the other two dysfunctional point guards. Jennings coming off the bench as a situational player might be cool. He can get hot. But other teams know how to hurt the Pistons when Jennings or Bynum are on the floor. Siva can defend and does get other players involved. Could it be that Siva will be the starting point guard? That is what I would do if no trades can be made. Losing Knight and Middleton and our first round pick has put a damper on my optimism as I am worried the Pistons have crept into a dark hole and might be the worst team in the NBA next year. If so, then next summer we can get excited if we land the number one pick. In 6 years we have not landed one new really great player. When that day comes again, I will start wearing my Piston hat again.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty SVG can't do the impossible but I like his observations so far

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:43 pm

One thing I really believe will happen with SVG. He will hold players accountable relating to effort and improvement. Already Stan has mentioned a few things about the current players and their work ethic over the summer. Stan keeps talking about Jerebco and the hard work he is doing every day. He also mentions Siva. No talk about Drummond, Monroe, Jennings or Smith relating to their workouts over the summer. He has now made at least two comments on Mitchell saying that he has been inconsistent in his practice routine. That doesn't bode well for Mitchell. This guy has some natural talent but his college coaches  had similar issues with him in college. Children will not be tolerated like they were under Joe Dumars.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The big day arrives...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:43 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Man what if right before  a team selecting in the draft top five Adam Silver announces the that team will be selecting for the Pistons because a sign and trade for Moose was done and it included the pick.   tb - At this point any dream may be better than none  lol 

Look like some things are starting to happen since LBJ and Melo opted out teams are starting to move players and salaries to make their bids on this players.  Looks like Z-Bo is on the verge of opting out as well.

Yes t would have been nice if we were in play for Affalo but I still optimistic something good is going to happen for the team regardless who we move Josh, Moose, Jennings or whomever. Don you can forget anything close to a complete overhauling  lol 

Just because I prefer to keep Monroe & trade Josh, doesn't mean I'm opposed to trading Monroe, and heaven knows that I'd agree to almost any trade involving Jennings.

@Don - IMO, it's very hard to judge players when they're playing under poorly designed systems with bogus management! Even Jennings could be functional in the right system, so a complete overhaul probably isn't needed, but a serious strategic overhaul!

I really would like to see this team under SVG! Nobody's value will go down, Monroe will be just as valuable with a new contract, and Josh has nowhere to go but up if used properly! Jennings could even prosper if coming off the bench... in short who knows, but it might be worth the price of admission to see.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty @Seb

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Man what if right before  a team selecting in the draft top five Adam Silver announces the that team will be selecting for the Pistons because a sign and trade for Moose was done and it included the pick.   tb 

Yo, Wise, players who are in Moose's current contract situation cannot be involved in Sign-and-Trade tonight or prior to July 1.

I've read this to be the case, somewhere, but can't find it at the moment, as confirmation to your proposal.

I guess that makes sense since Moose since in no longer under contract (maybe) But I don't think there anything that prevents Moose from signing with the Pistons prior to July 1st but I could be wrong.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty What I'm Starting To Hate Already.........

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:32 pm

of course all the freaking talking heads and their dumbass analysis.

This is what's wrong with players today because the Hype Machine always setting the bar low. How insane is it to think that James and Anthony would go to the Western Conference because it's to tough so they'll likely stay in the Eastern Conference were thy have better chance of winning  facepalm  Yeah I wanted to kick my TV when the dumbass said this. It like do they even think about the dumb sh!t that they are spouting before they even say it? Ultimately the objective is to win an NBA title and playing in a weaker conference doesn't make that much of a difference, secondly isn't the objective for most players are to compete against the best so their achievements are more rewarding?

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Moose in a sign-and-trade tonight?

Post  Sebastian Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:29 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Man what if right before  a team selecting in the draft top five Adam Silver announces the that team will be selecting for the Pistons because a sign and trade for Moose was done and it included the pick.   tb 

Yo, Wise, players who are in Moose's current contract situation cannot be involved in Sign-and-Trade tonight or prior to July 1.

I've read this to be the case, somewhere, but can't find it at the moment, as confirmation to your proposal.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Interesting So Far

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Man what if right before a team selecting in the draft top five Adam Silver announces the that team will be selecting for the Pistons because a sign and trade for Moose was done and it included the pick.  tb 

Look like some things are starting to happen since LBJ and Melo opted out teams are starting to move players and salaries to make their bids on this players. Looks like Z-Bo is on the verge of opting out as well.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next