Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty 6'6' PG with A good IQ. Not bad

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:04 am

If anybody want to see the kid here it is. who knows what this kid will develop into but I like the Idea that Van Gundy is looking for high IQ guys with size.

That's what this team needs more of. Smart guys not dumb guys.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:18 am

Don, nice call on Gordon... #4 pick speaks for itself.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:16 am

SVG was on the radio... said Dinwiddie may not play at all this year... he informed him not to give any projections on when he'll be ready to play.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Let's be patient with the pick

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:10 am

Remember Khris Middleton? He was projected to have first round potential until a knee injury and we got him in the second...after his first year (when fans could see he had potential and had healed) our GM decided to trade him away. He did his rookie rehab here but, he's contributing to the Bucks, and I think he's another poster child for impatience in Detroit.

Dinwiddie and Caldwell-Pope starting in our backcourt intrigues me; love the size, aggressiveness, unselfishness, defense, and skillsets. I see SVG working even though some aren't showing him realistic patience.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Welcome Spencer

Post  cool breeze Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:54 am

If Spencer's knee is OK SVG has pulled off a real steal in this draft. I was told that he is not ready to go yet and might not get cleared to play until November. Maybe that information was bogus. I hope so because if he is as healthy as he was in his Junior year at Colorado, we have a special player who makes his teammates better. 

It was crazy for me to see Nick Johnson slip so far down in this draft. If that ref had not made that horrible call at the end of the Wisconsin game, and Nick would have had a chance to shoot on his favorite drive move, then perhaps Arizona would have been in the final 4 and Johnson's draft stock would have gone way up. He was the key player in the PAC12 this season. He defended the best player on the opposing team and the ball was in his hands at the end of games and all key moments of games last season. One stat relating to shooting percentage that NBA teams look at is wrong. I recall another PAC12 player of the year like Nick named Affalo who's shooting percentage dropped from his Junior season to his last year in college. The main reason for that drop is that all opposing teams set up their defense to stop the best players. It is so difficult to get your shot off at times. I recall watching Shaq play in Tucson in his last year in college against Arizona and he couldn't do much of anything well because Lute Olsen set up a killer defense to greet Shaq. 

Good job SVG. We might have finally received some good luck moving forward.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Spencer Schmo

Post  Sparma Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 am

But Chad Ford evidently did predict this, which is pretty impressive considering the articles about the ten most likely picks at #38.

merc wrote:
Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:Langlois next piece... "Nobody expected Joe Shmo to last til the 101st pick... if it wasn't for his herpes outbreak he surely would have landed in the lottery".

Too funny, but that's his job(especially since Dumars is history)... blow smoke up our asses  lol
From Langlois chat tonight... "Dinwiddie was considered first-round talent. Tore ACL in January."
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Dinwiddie

Post  Sparma Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 am

I've just seen short clips of him. I see that's he described as a combo guard, not someone likely to become the primary PG. At 38, that sounds just fine. What I'd like to see is him becoming a genuine alternative to Jennings (with his size) off the bench and maybe a complementary guy (as shooter) along with Jennings, taking some of the ball handling away from Jennings. It does sound like bad news for Siva. Three undersized PG's are a bit much though, particularly when not one of them is outstanding.

Oracle wrote:
Sparma wrote:Love the pick.  I think PG's our biggest problem and it sounds like Spencer Dinwiddie can be really good if his knee holds up.  Big and shoots too.  Would have been 1st rounder without the injury.  Cool Breeze will need to remind us of his expert appraisal.

With the conditional you laid out, I'll just hope he develops fast, because I'm not too excited by the PG's on our roster!

IMO Siva won't be brought back, he's un-guaranteed, Bynum could be filler in a trade, and who's that other guy?

Oh Jennings, like Josh, and please this is no knock, could both be BEASTS coming off the bench!

Jennings as a Microwave type player, and Josh as a regular rotation player still getting 30+ minutes or so per night!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:44 am

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:Langlois next piece... "Nobody expected Joe Shmo to last til the 101st pick... if it wasn't for his herpes outbreak he surely would have landed in the lottery".

Too funny, but that's his job(especially since Dumars is history)... blow smoke up our asses  lol
From Langlois chat tonight... "Dinwiddie was considered first-round talent. Tore ACL in January."
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty PLEASE DX, let...

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:44 am

deusXango wrote:With the drafting of Spencer Dinwiddie, I have hopes of SVG & Bower completing a trade with Sacramento that includes Nik Stauskas, thus completing my fantasy backcourt. Even without Stauskas, Bynum has to go and the pressure is mounting on Jennings. Okay Arnie, impress the boss with your magic.

That be true!!!

I would worship at SVG's altar forever(or as long as his contract holds  lol ) !
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Oracle

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:42 am

Oracle wrote:Cleanthony went Early!

lol lol lol 
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Me Three!

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:41 am

Sparma wrote:Love the pick.  I think PG's our biggest problem and it sounds like Spencer Dinwiddie can be really good if his knee holds up.  Big and shoots too.  Would have been 1st rounder without the injury.  Cool Breeze will need to remind us of his expert appraisal.

With the conditional you laid out, I'll just hope he develops fast, because I'm not too excited by the PG's on our roster!

IMO Siva won't be brought back, he's un-guaranteed, Bynum could be filler in a trade, and who's that other guy?

Oh Jennings, like Josh, and please this is no knock, could both be BEASTS coming off the bench!

Jennings as a Microwave type player, and Josh as a regular rotation player still getting 30+ minutes or so per night!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty THE PICK!

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:39 am

With the drafting of Spencer Dinwiddie, I have hopes of SVG & Bower completing a trade with Sacramento that includes Nik Stauskas, thus completing my fantasy backcourt. Even without Stauskas, Bynum has to go and the pressure is mounting on Jennings. Okay Arnie, impress the boss with your magic.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Pick

Post  Sparma Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:21 am

Love the pick. I think PG's our biggest problem and it sounds like Spencer Dinwiddie can be really good if his knee holds up. Big and shoots too. Would have been 1st rounder without the injury. Cool Breeze will need to remind us of his expert appraisal.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Early!

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 am

Sebastian wrote:Cleanthony Early can be OURS if the Knicks don't take him at 34 or Toronto at 37.

SVG is asleep at the wheel. He could have moved up to get Early. C'mon SVG get to damn work man!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Early!

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 am

Sebastian wrote:Cleanthony Early can be OURS if the Knicks don't take him at 34 or Toronto at 37.

SVG is asleep at the wheel. He could have moved up to get Early. C'mon SVG get to damn work man!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Sorry Seb...

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:10 am

Cleanthony went Early!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty But Merc...

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:08 am

merc wrote:I can relate to the concerns of Dre lacking mental awareness and a well round offensive game... however he more than makes up for this with the "Shaq factor"... he simply has the quickness and lower body strength to move people out of the box.... this leads to all kinds of garbage points and rebounds... it also wears down opponents (affecting their offensive game)... it's only going to get better from here.... hoping that SVG gives him the mental edge he's missing.... honestly his touch around the rim is impressive.... once he learns how to fully utilize his bulk by carving angles to the rim he will be tough to stop....what's his FG % again?

What you just described is EXACTLY what I said about Drummond... it's all intangibles, no place in the stat sheet!

The fact that he does these things is great and needed, but he needs something a bit more refined on either end of the court.

I'm not really worried about him, but our past record and the NBA's record of developing players always makes me nervous. Fortunately Dre takes a lot of that into his own hands, but I hope they help him a lot more!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Cleanthony Early!!!!

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 am

Cleanthony Early can be OURS if the Knicks don't take him at 34 or Toronto at 37.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 am

Cleanthony Early can be OURS if the Knicks don't take him at 34 or Toronto at 37.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:06 am

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Say What???

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Go Stones! wrote:Don't tell me SVG caught narcolepsy from W. Sharpe!

Fist, neither of these teams were the original ones interested in Monroe... remember Atlanta & Washington?

And I still don't rule out NO!

BTW, Sharpe who? I must have been asleep when that occurred Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty LOL

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:28 pm

Langlois next piece... "Nobody expected Joe Shmo to last til the 101st pick... if it wasn't for his herpes outbreak he surely would have landed in the lottery".
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Afflalo gone back to Denver...Asik to Pelicans...there goes Monroe trade

Post  Go Stones! Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Don't tell me SVG caught narcolepsy from W. Sharpe!
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Gilbert-Gores Drama

Post  WTF Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Oracle wrote:Since Cleveland picked a hot SG, does that mean Waiters is on the block? Heaven knows they might not last another season with him and Irving fussing so much!

BTW, "The Fat Man", thanks DX  lol

Talking about backcourts what is Boston plan for Rondo sure would be nice to have Rondo and Waiters....Oh Boy this is getting depressing by the minutes mayby there's a three way miracle (Cavs, Celtics, Pistons)  that could land us that backcourt in a sign and trade.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next