Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Quick Stan, get on it!

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Here I go again, what do y'all think about a sign and trade of Moose for Terrance Jones (with apologies to P-Boy), Nick Johnson, and next years first round pick? What's the market value on Luol Deng and how much do we have in CAP after the sign and trade?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Thanks man, you're right

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote:In the article about "Which Pistons made the best impressions at Orlando Summer League?" Peyton Siva came in 3rd, behind Tony Mitchell, as players who would probably be invited back....WTF is that all about??!! What Siva showed before coming down with a bad hamstring was much, much, more than what Mitchell showed during the entire week, in fact he was up there with highly touted PG's as far as understanding basics and his production. What does the local media have against this young man? What must he do prove he's fundamentally the best PG we have? I mean Goddamn, he drew a Chris Paul comparison during his play (wasn't me) but, an injury is to be held against him? That's so chicken sh!t.

DX, you really need to read the articles before getting your blood pressure up  lol 

The percentages and ranking wasn't what you thought!

It's the probability of the player coming to training camp! As you know, Siva has the LEAST probability of coming back because he isn't guaranteed.

Since Mitchell is guaranteed, and gets so low a probability, you should read that as he didn't do much to impress.

Clean off those glasses  lol!

Oracle, I'm desperate for a sound team, now that we've got a new sheriff in town, so sue me.  lol 
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty My take

Post  Go Stones! Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:18 pm

I still think we will end up with Ryan Anderson and Rondo. Read into it all you wish.

Anderson is poor man's Love.

Rondo is an all-star when healthy and much better than Jennings.

Rondo
KCP
Smith
Anderson
Dre

The only place that is a little lacking is SG. This may be why SVG went out and got more SG depth.

What I don't like is that Detroit typically has a decent bench, but how often do these players actually play? Trade some of the depth and cash in on a quality starter!
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Too early to call...

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Go Stones! wrote:So, who is going to be good in the Eastern Conference this year?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Heat will NOT go far in the playoffs

**Indy will be good again.

**Chicago will be HUGE if Melo is added, but his lack of defense may hurt in the long run.

Knicks?  PaaaLEASE!

Toronto?  Underdog

Hawks?  Nope

Charlotte?  Underdog

Boston/Brooklyn/Philly?  Nope

Milwaukee?  No

**Washington?  Maybe

Orlando?  probably not

Detroit?  Man, I truly hope so, but from what I have seen I'm not holding my breath.  I'll give SVG one year and then I'll expect A LOT!  I bet he came in with a 5 year plan that sold Gores.

We'll know more in a week or so, but I like our chances if we keep the 3 bigs!

IMO, Josh is about the only player that can defend LeBron without fear, and at least limit him somewhat(Prince used to hide).

But so much depends on the moves SVG still needs to make, and that's what will make of break our season!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Believe it...

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:58 pm

deusXango wrote:In the article about "Which Pistons made the best impressions at Orlando Summer League?" Peyton Siva came in 3rd, behind Tony Mitchell, as players who would probably be invited back....WTF is that all about??!! What Siva showed before coming down with a bad hamstring was much, much, more than what Mitchell showed during the entire week, in fact he was up there with highly touted PG's as far as understanding basics and his production. What does the local media have against this young man? What must he do prove he's fundamentally the best PG we have? I mean Goddamn, he drew a Chris Paul comparison during his play (wasn't me) but, an injury is to be held against him? That's so chicken sh!t.

DX, you really need to read the articles before getting your blood pressure up  lol 

The percentages and ranking wasn't what you thought!

It's the probability of the player coming to training camp! As you know, Siva has the LEAST probability of coming back because he isn't guaranteed.

Since Mitchell is guaranteed, and gets so low a probability, you should read that as he didn't do much to impress.

Clean off those glasses  lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Eastern Conference - WHAT ARE YOUR RANKINGS and THOUGHTS?

Post  Go Stones! Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:54 pm

So, who is going to be good in the Eastern Conference this year?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Heat will NOT go far in the playoffs

**Indy will be good again.

**Chicago will be HUGE if Melo is added, but his lack of defense may hurt in the long run.

Knicks? PaaaLEASE!

Toronto? Underdog

Hawks? Nope

Charlotte? Underdog

Boston/Brooklyn/Philly? Nope

Milwaukee? No

**Washington? Maybe

Orlando? probably not

Detroit? Man, I truly hope so, but from what I have seen I'm not holding my breath. I'll give SVG one year and then I'll expect A LOT! I bet he came in with a 5 year plan that sold Gores.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty the only way Detroit will make the playoffs next season with the players they have is

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Keeping the Big 3 intact and totally renovating the guards...Bynum, and Jennings should follow Chauncey, out the door. I'm going to keep beating the drum for Nick Johnson, Spencer Dinwiddie, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Peyton Siva, and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks....y'all got to admit, it's not as bad as me rooting for Royce White.  lol
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty We need a real top shelf 2-way SF

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:The Rockets have A guy who I think the Pistons should be able to get they hands on. Jones from Kentucky. The kid has had A solid NBA career. Houston needs to dump guys and Detroit should get in line for this kid.

Now, Philip has his thinking cap on. T. Jones would be a perfect option at the SF position.  hehe 

Cap may be on straight but, his head's on backwards...we've got Terrance Jones already in the form of Jonas Jerebko....another hybrid forward?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty I can't believe it

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 pm

In the article about "Which Pistons made the best impressions at Orlando Summer League?" Peyton Siva came in 3rd, behind Tony Mitchell, as players who would probably be invited back....WTF is that all about??!! What Siva showed before coming down with a bad hamstring was much, much, more than what Mitchell showed during the entire week, in fact he was up there with highly touted PG's as far as understanding basics and his production. What does the local media have against this young man? What must he do prove he's fundamentally the best PG we have? I mean Goddamn, he drew a Chris Paul comparison during his play (wasn't me) but, an injury is to be held against him? That's so chicken sh!t.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty the only way Detroit will make the playoffs next season with the players they have is to hope for injuries to playoff bound players on other teams

Post  cool breeze Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:01 pm

I was thinking during the playoffs what our players were thinking while watching the other Eastern conference playoff teams. Did they recognize how the playoff players played defense? Did anything register in their brains that they are several steps behind those playoff players in ability, conditioning and toughness? We may be building around our Big 3 but our Big 3 doesn't scare any of those playoff players. They kicked our players asses consistently last season. Our Big 3 couldn't make the games even close on most nights. And to top it off while getting their butts kicked on offense and defense, our guys couldn't make free throws. So how can our guys possibly even get close to making the playoffs this season. Don't forget that most of the teams ahead of our Pistons also got a number one draft pick. Maybe if Miami loses all of their players, Detroit will have a chance to fight for that last spot. Even the Bucks might pull ahead of our Pistons next season. The other hope is that Atlanta suddenly goes the opposite way but that is not likely. There is no way we can beat Washington or Toronto with our players. Does Stan know that yet? Will he really keep most of our guards? And can any of our big men except Josh Smith play defense when it counts? I think not. This is good. We might land a great draft pick next summer.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Terrance Jones

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:The Rockets have A guy who I think the Pistons should be able to get they hands on. Jones from Kentucky. The kid has had A solid NBA career. Houston needs to dump guys and Detroit should get in line for this kid.

Now, Philip has his thinking cap on. T. Jones would be a perfect option at the SF position.  hehe 
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty We can have a Big 3 man rotation, let's put some top flight guards with them

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:30 pm

cool breeze wrote: If Johnson were a Piston we would have a great backcourt with KCP and Johnson defending on the perimeter and playing smart basketball.

At this point, where confusion reigns, I'd try to move heaven and earth to obtain Nick Johnson from Houston....a second round #42 pick, come on, how difficult should that be for our newly installed brain trust? KCP, F@ckin' Jodie Meeks, Mr. Dinwiddie, Siva, and Nick Johnson are the type guards to be cornerstones of a serious rebuilding team; Jennings can stay and play until Mr. Dinwiddie fully rehabs, then he can go park cars around the Palace if we can't trade him....higher priced players (Maggette and Villanueva) have sat the bench and watched until their contracts ran out!

Who's on first? As to who starts at SF, I think Singler has earned that right, by default, until it's shown he's a total failure and bust; he's spent his career in Detroit playing out of position for an inept administration, so give the man a chance. I agree with Murph, maybe we can upgrade the SF spot next summer....we can't do everything that needs to be done all at once.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Jones from Houston

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:43 pm

The Rockets have A guy who I think the Pistons should be able to get they hands on. Jones from Kentucky. The kid has had A solid NBA career. Houston needs to dump guys and Detroit should get in line for this kid.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty RE Monroe

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Now that I'm looking at the big picture (Lebron back in the Central) it might not be A bad Idea to keep Monroe, Drummonds and Smith. Smith off the pine, Monroe and Drummonds keeping Lebron out of the paint. Find A big starting PG and go from there.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Lebron

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Good for you Sir.  clap clap 

D.Wade is done. Really, James went to the better team. Cleveland has better, younger players.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Lebron sets example for the NBA smaller markets ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:I love Lebron going back to the Cavs I think this was smart on so many levels. He won't drag them to the Finals this season but in another season or 2 they could win it all.  Good for you Mr. James.

Now things should get interesting real soon.  

And yes we really do need a SF, In my opinion SVG needs to really push Portland to trade Batum and Lopez for Moose JMO! But I truly believe that this puts us in position to be right there in the mix with Charlotte, Washington, Indy and Chicago this year if we could pull that off.  

Wise...agreed.  Every fan of every small or mid-market team every where should feel good about Lebron resigning with the Cavs.   clap

Maybe we can up-grade the SF position in the 2015 draft.

Murph wrote: Wise...agreed. Every fan of every small or mid-market team every where should feel good about Lebron resigning with the Cavs.

I, too, agree with Murph and Wise.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Mr. James

Post  Murph Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:40 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I love Lebron going back to the Cavs I think this was smart on so many levels. He won't drag them to the Finals this season but in another season or 2 they could win it all.  Good for you Mr. James.

And yes we really do need a SF, In my opinion SVG needs to really push Portland to trade Batum and Lopez for Moose JMO! But I truly believe that this puts us in position to be right there in the mix with Charlotte, Washington, Indy and Chicago this year if we could pull that off.  

Wise...agreed.  Every fan of every small or mid-market team every where should feel good about Lebron resigning with the Cavs.   clap

Maybe we can up-grade the SF position in the 2015 draft.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Mr. Bosh Don't Be Stupid

Post  WTF Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Bosh you would be stupid to stay in Miami even if they decide to pay you Max Dollars because they were quietly hoping you took that deal with the Rockets.  Houston just as warm as South Beach and the fans would appreciate you more.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty The Heat Is On!

Post  WTF Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Miami has loot now and it's sunny beaches that can still put a decent team together. Example they now have enough loot to make offers to Deng, Gasol, and Monroe and still have some change left.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Mr. James I Have New Found Respect! Bravo! Bravo!

Post  WTF Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:57 pm

I love Lebron going back to the Cavs I think this was smart on so many levels. He won't drag them to the Finals this season but in another season or 2 they could win it all. Good for you Mr. James.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Other Options

Post  WTF Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Oracle wrote:Bosh to Houston?

Melo to Chicago?

Lakers offer Monroe the max?

I suspect that Miami will make an offer as well and don't be surprise if Cleveland becomes a option of a sign and trade for Moose as well. Seem to be the only missing piece for the Cavs right now.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Singler?

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Murph wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
So, Murph, who would then be OUR starting SF: Singler, Jerebko, T. Mitch (still on the roster, at least until July 21), Linguine, or Cartier Martin?

That is a motley crew to choose from.

Sebastian...I've grown to like Singler and the way he's played over the last two seasons.  I'd have no problem beginning the season with Singler as our starting SF.

I don't know, Murph, I am of the belief that WE are going to need a real, starting SF. Singler is an 8th or 9th-man on any roster bad or good.

Maybe, SVG should see just how interested the Blazers are in Moose. Swapping Moose in a S/T for Batum and and T. Robinson would do the trick.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Now that's funny

Post  lemonpen Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:34 pm

Sebastian wrote:SVG needs to try to pull a rabbit out of ass and get Dan Gilbert on the phone. Offer Moose in a S/T for Kyrie.

Let's face it. Kyrie's growth will be stunted greatly with the return of Lebron, as #23 hogs the ball at minimum 16 seconds of a 24 second shot clock.

Also, David Falk wants a max contract for his client (Moose).

I still say that the Lakers or the Pacers would be happy to have B. Jennings. He can be moved for a future 1st round draft pick.

Right now KI is Robin to the newly acquired Batman.  This is another team in the market to ADD an established vet or two to complement the youth.

Last edited by lemonpen on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty What next for Monroe?

Post  Sparma Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:27 pm

If the Lakers offer Monroe the max, a possibility Oracle raises, that could come as a blessing to the Pistons. If Monroe actually signs an offer, things become easy: the Pistons match, either to keep him in the longterm if things work work or to trade him at a later date.

SVG and David Falk will be involved in a more delicate negotiation, is my sense. It's possible that Monroe would be happy to end up back with the Pistons for max money. If he really wants to get away though, he needs to field the offer from LA without signing. He then takes the offer to the Pistons, asking them to work out a sign and trade. Huge problem: I can't imagine what LA could offer in a sign and trade with us. Is Randle still a possibility? Monroe's leverage would need to be the sincere threat that he would sign the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent next year, unless they work out a sign and trade.

Even in that scenario, there needs to be some give and take, because SVG will not accept just any sign and trade. That severely limits the number of teams that warrant David Falk using the walk away next year threat for, likely ruling out the Lakers for now.

It might turn out to be simplest for both parties for Monroe to sign for a massive amount of money with the Pistons, leaving mutually beneficial trade possibilities to consider later.

Now it becomes really interesting for us. If we maneuver correctly (agree to sign Monroe before actually doing so), we'll still have a good chunk of money (did I read 10 mil?) to devote to free agents.

The Meeks deal was debatable, but defensible. The other moves may well be useful, but they're minor, unless Dinwiddie comes through in a big way. Now we'll be watching SVG facing his first huge challenge.

I already give Stan credit for laying off of the counterproductive guts and glory speeches a la Riley.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty SVG get to work ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:20 pm

SVG needs to try to pull a rabbit out of ass and get Dan Gilbert on the phone. Offer Moose in a S/T for Kyrie.

Let's face it. Kyrie's growth will be stunted greatly with the return of Lebron, as #23 hogs the ball at minimum 16 seconds of a 24 second shot clock.

Also, David Falk wants a max contract for his client (Moose).

I still say that the Lakers or the Pacers would be happy to have B. Jennings. He can be moved for a future 1st round draft pick.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next