Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Poor Moose

Post  lemonpen Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm

The breakup in Miamiville will help dry up a good portion of big FA lootie. Could be good for SVG.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Judgement Day

Post  lemonpen Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Oracle wrote:Bosh to Houston?

Melo to Chicago?

Lakers offer Monroe the max?

Here is where Melo can radically change the perception that many have of him. Does he really want to win or is he happy jacking up shots whenever-whenever and saving energy on D.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Yep

Post  lemonpen Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:02 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:LeBron James going back to Cleveland!
I wrote some negative stuff about Labron earlier before this news came out. I take back everything I said about this man. He made some really meaningful comments about his reasons for returning the Cleveland. We all get upset when some of our great Michigan high school and college players have the opportunity to return to our home State but don't do it. Labron could go anywhere but is returning to Cleveland. Great story especially his comments that he is returning partly for reasons beyond the game of basketball.

His comments were pretty heartfelt. It certainly offers a new view of the man.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Rush to Judgement

Post  lemonpen Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Sebastian wrote:
cool breeze wrote:
deusXango wrote:Awwwwwwww Wise, no love for the second best player on the Pistons summer league team? Not only was Siva the second best on the Pistons (KCP put on a scoring demonstration that we all hope carries over into the season) but, he was one of the top PG's in the Orlando Summer League and he's ours, on the cheap. He's offering game management, defense, unselfishness, timely scoring, and he protects the ball...what more could SVG have been looking for in a backup PG? Hell, we don't have that in a starter yet!

Liggins should be signed now!! He's on his way to Las Vegas to play for the Clippers SL team and don't think for a minute Doc Rivers will sleep on this guy. I think Cook will be great, not only as a stretch 4 but, as a positive locker room presence for a young team searching to tap into that necessary internal drive to succeed....he's a man and we have too many boys and divas in the locker room now.

Here we go; I'd bring Watford to camp and look for Datome and Singler to clearly outperform him, as a long gun, and if they didn't; good bye! That "smart player" and "energy guy" has run it's course, it's winning time! Like you said Wise, these are far better options off the bench but, to keep the roster at the mandatory 15 and give Siva the spot he's worked hard for and won, well, hearts are broken everyday....sorry Don.
dX looking at our roster honestly at this moment, I would not only keep Siva but make him the starting point guard. You described him well in this post. 

However, did you watch the game between Memphis and Houston on Thursday. My guy, Nick Johnson did it all. He helped his teammates on defense, never took a bad shot, showed great court vision passing the ball to the opposite side of the floor to open players, penetrated under control an just showed his high basketball IQ and ability to excel playing 5 on 5 basketball. He is just like his uncle. And I am sick that SVG didn't draft him with that 2nd round pick. I really like Dinwiddie but he did have an ACL injury. If Johnson were a Piston we would have a great backcourt with KCP and Johnson defending on the perimeter and playing smart basketball. 

It is refreshing to watch players like Nick Johnson when thinking of Brandon Jennings. Jennings had this stupid habit of playing one side of the floor. Maybe because of his size, he seldom reversed the basketball. Our offense consisted of one entry pass to Smith who would either shoot it or pass it back to Jennings who would shoot it. It didn't matter who was playing the 2 guard, because the 2 guard seldom touched the basketball. Watching the Spurs play offense brought out how bad Jennings and Bynum really are when they play point guard. 

One other player that stood out for me relating to guards was Payton playing for Orlando. He is going to be an All Star point guard. 

Mitchell showed that he cannot hold his own on defense even in the Summer league games playing the 4. It seems clear that he is a perimeter type player without the necessary skills right now. Great athlete with sure fire potential but below quality work ethic is the best way to describe this player which shows on the defensive end. Maybe he should go down to the D League and work on becoming a small forward. He is young and could do it if he can get the mental part right.

I like Liggins as well. He has some flaws but we need what he provides but I am not sure SVG knows how badly players on our current roster play defense. He will find out real quick as soon as training camp begins. I still believe that the Pistons are a non playoff type team right now if there are no roster changes.

Not drafting Nick Johnson with the 38th pick and drafting a convalescent Dinwiddie, should have been a clue that SVG doesn't know what the hell he is doing, as the GM.

WE have all witness his brilliance, since the calendar has turned to July.
Shouldn't we withhold judgement until seeing the Dinwiddlie kid in action.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Oracle wrote:LeBron James going back to Cleveland!
I wrote some negative stuff about Labron earlier before this news came out. I take back everything I said about this man. He made some really meaningful comments about his reasons for returning the Cleveland. We all get upset when some of our great Michigan high school and college players have the opportunity to return to our home State but don't do it. Labron could go anywhere but is returning to Cleveland. Great story especially his comments that he is returning partly for reasons beyond the game of basketball.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Is this some creepy, clingy LA thing?

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Kobe threatens Howard's manhood if he leaves LA... he left!

Riley calls out LeBron's manhood if he leaves the Heat... he leaves!

When will these dudes learn!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty What next?

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Bosh to Houston?

Melo to Chicago?

Lakers offer Monroe the max?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Kyle Singler

Post  Murph Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:43 pm

Sebastian wrote:
So, Murph, who would then be OUR starting SF: Singler, Jerebko, T. Mitch (still on the roster, at least until July 21), Linguine, or Cartier Martin?

That is a motley crew to choose from.

Sebastian...I've grown to like Singler and the way he's played over the last two seasons. I'd have no problem beginning the season with Singler as our starting SF.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Murph

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Murph wrote:I agree with Oracle.  I think our best off season move, concerning Monroe and Smith, is to keep them both. Match any offer Monroe might recieve, and make it clear to both Monroe and Smith that there will be a open competition for the starting PF spot, with the loser coming off the bench, but still recieveing starters minutes.

Let's see if Van Gundy can mold our Big Three into a workable, winning rotation, before we go dumping one of them.  And if after this season, we still aren't getting the right chemistry and production out of the Big Three, then trade Monroe or Smith for whatever we can get.

But the thing is, we aren't going to win much this season anyway.  We'll be lucky to play .500 and make it to the playoffs.  So SVG should be patient, and not dump one of these guys for less than market value, just to change the roster.

PG is another matter.  Van Gundy should be actively looking to upgrade the starting PG position.

Murph this is where we can get the biggest bang for our buck!

IMO, SVG knows this and that's why he went after Thomas right out of the gate in a failed attempt.

But shooters & PG is what we really need, because if used right, our frontcourt could be dominant!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:39 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I have already concluded in watching the SL that I would like to replace JJ, Bynum, Mitchell with Cook, Liggins, and Watford they are clearly far better options on our bench.  I think Cook could be use in the manner CV should have been used Cook is a far better defender and rebounder.  Liggins plays defense plain and simple and what not amazing about having a shutdown defender that's capable of defending 3 positions.  Watford has range and seem to be everything Mitchell is not,  and he can hit 3.  

Also with Liggins I think he can play those 3 positions as well though he looks more suited as a SG his reach make him a lot taller so he can play the SF and he's quick enough to also play PG in spots.  I love his versatility as a player.  

BTW watching the game this morning and yes this SL team clearly miss Siva, but I think him sitting on the sideline hurts more than it's helping his cause.
Wisefan don't give up on JJ. He has become a good 3 point shooter and is very athletic big guy who plays defense. Cook has never been even an average quality defender and to me he looked out of shape in these summer league games. He can shoot the rock but provides no rebounding or defense. Can we afford another weak defensive player on this Piston team? I believe that SVG has not identified how badly Monroe is on the defensive end or he would be pushing harder to trade him. So if Monroe and Cook are on the floor together, it will be like Monroe and Charlie V playing together. We all know what that looked like. The most exciting thing I saw when Monroe and Charlie played together was to see who could jog back on defense faster. Who did you see on any playoff team run the court as slow as Monroe, Charlie V or Cook? I can think of only one player and he is the starting center for the Pacers who has that big contract, Roy Hibbert. I want to see a new Piston type of team that is sleek, athletic and hungry for success. We need a change in culture which means we need different type players to wear the Piston uniform. We need hungry players on the defensive end and this roster sucks in that area. Jerebco looked hungry during the last few weeks of last season much like KCP. JJ played really good with Siva as did many other players. The last two weeks of the season should not be forgotten when it comes to remembering who was playing hard and smart and who was on the bench during that time period.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty All Is Forgiven

Post  Murph Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:37 pm

The Prodigal Son returns.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Report

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:31 pm

LeBron James going back to Cleveland!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Nick Johnson

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:25 pm

cool breeze wrote:
deusXango wrote:Awwwwwwww Wise, no love for the second best player on the Pistons summer league team? Not only was Siva the second best on the Pistons (KCP put on a scoring demonstration that we all hope carries over into the season) but, he was one of the top PG's in the Orlando Summer League and he's ours, on the cheap. He's offering game management, defense, unselfishness, timely scoring, and he protects the ball...what more could SVG have been looking for in a backup PG? Hell, we don't have that in a starter yet!

Liggins should be signed now!! He's on his way to Las Vegas to play for the Clippers SL team and don't think for a minute Doc Rivers will sleep on this guy. I think Cook will be great, not only as a stretch 4 but, as a positive locker room presence for a young team searching to tap into that necessary internal drive to succeed....he's a man and we have too many boys and divas in the locker room now.

Here we go; I'd bring Watford to camp and look for Datome and Singler to clearly outperform him, as a long gun, and if they didn't; good bye! That "smart player" and "energy guy" has run it's course, it's winning time! Like you said Wise, these are far better options off the bench but, to keep the roster at the mandatory 15 and give Siva the spot he's worked hard for and won, well, hearts are broken everyday....sorry Don.
dX looking at our roster honestly at this moment, I would not only keep Siva but make him the starting point guard. You described him well in this post. 

However, did you watch the game between Memphis and Houston on Thursday. My guy, Nick Johnson did it all. He helped his teammates on defense, never took a bad shot, showed great court vision passing the ball to the opposite side of the floor to open players, penetrated under control an just showed his high basketball IQ and ability to excel playing 5 on 5 basketball. He is just like his uncle. And I am sick that SVG didn't draft him with that 2nd round pick. I really like Dinwiddie but he did have an ACL injury. If Johnson were a Piston we would have a great backcourt with KCP and Johnson defending on the perimeter and playing smart basketball. 

It is refreshing to watch players like Nick Johnson when thinking of Brandon Jennings. Jennings had this stupid habit of playing one side of the floor. Maybe because of his size, he seldom reversed the basketball. Our offense consisted of one entry pass to Smith who would either shoot it or pass it back to Jennings who would shoot it. It didn't matter who was playing the 2 guard, because the 2 guard seldom touched the basketball. Watching the Spurs play offense brought out how bad Jennings and Bynum really are when they play point guard. 

One other player that stood out for me relating to guards was Payton playing for Orlando. He is going to be an All Star point guard. 

Mitchell showed that he cannot hold his own on defense even in the Summer league games playing the 4. It seems clear that he is a perimeter type player without the necessary skills right now. Great athlete with sure fire potential but below quality work ethic is the best way to describe this player which shows on the defensive end. Maybe he should go down to the D League and work on becoming a small forward. He is young and could do it if he can get the mental part right.

I like Liggins as well. He has some flaws but we need what he provides but I am not sure SVG knows how badly players on our current roster play defense. He will find out real quick as soon as training camp begins. I still believe that the Pistons are a non playoff type team right now if there are no roster changes.

Not drafting Nick Johnson with the 38th pick and drafting a convalescent Dinwiddie, should have been a clue that SVG doesn't know what the hell he is doing, as the GM.

WE have all witness his brilliance, since the calendar has turned to July.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty And the starting SF?

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Murph wrote:I agree with Oracle.  I think our best off season move, concerning Monroe and Smith, is to keep them both. Match any offer Monroe might recieve, and make it clear to both Monroe and Smith that there will be a open competition for the starting PF spot, with the loser coming off the bench, but still recieveing starters minutes.

Let's see if Van Gundy can mold our Big Three into a workable, winning rotation, before we go dumping one of them.  And if after this season, we still aren't getting the right chemistry and production out of the Big Three, then trade Monroe or Smith for whatever we can get.

But the thing is, we aren't going to win much this season anyway.  We'll be lucky to play .500 and make it to the playoffs.  So SVG should be patient, and not dump one of these guys for less than market value, just to change the roster.

PG is another matter.  Van Gundy should be actively looking to upgrade the starting PG position.

So, Murph, who would then be OUR starting SF: Singler, Jerebko, T. Mitch (still on the roster, at least until July 21), Linguine, or Cartier Martin?

That is a motley crew to choose from.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:19 pm

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Lebron

Post  Murph Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:05 pm

If I were a Cavs fan, I'd welcome Lebron back in the blink of an eye.  Can you imagine a starting lineup of Irving, Wiggins, Lebron, Thompson and Varejao?  They might not a Championship the first year, but after a year or two, I think they'd be contenders.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Keep 'Em Both

Post  Murph Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:57 pm

I agree with Oracle. I think our best off season move, concerning Monroe and Smith, is to keep them both. Match any offer Monroe might recieve, and make it clear to both Monroe and Smith that there will be a open competition for the starting PF spot, with the loser coming off the bench, but still recieveing starters minutes.

Let's see if Van Gundy can mold our Big Three into a workable, winning rotation, before we go dumping one of them. And if after this season, we still aren't getting the right chemistry and production out of the Big Three, then trade Monroe or Smith for whatever we can get.

But the thing is, we aren't going to win much this season anyway. We'll be lucky to play .500 and make it to the playoffs. So SVG should be patient, and not dump one of these guys for less than market value, just to change the roster.

PG is another matter. Van Gundy should be actively looking to upgrade the starting PG position.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty L. James and C. Anthony drama is repulsive

Post  cool breeze Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:50 pm

FIrst off, if I were a Cleveland fan, I wouldn't want Labron to return. He left their team when the going was tough. Cleveland is building a new teal full of young talent. They might get to the top without a whore like Labron. As a fan, I pull for players on the Pistons to be successful. Granted there are not many players I am currently excited about relating to our Pistons, but if we did have one outstanding player who left the team like Grant Hill did, then it would make me dislike the makeup of the NBA a little bit more. Who wants to play basketball in Cleveland? Labron grew up close by. It could have been a good story, but when he left for greener pastures, I lost respect for him. For sure he stands for a lot of good things such as working his butt off to become the best player in current times, but shopping for championships is repulsive. Others can have their opinion but for me, he is a selfish self centered ass. And that is why I always love it when his team loses. As for Anthony, I really do not believe he is that great of a player to get so much attention. Does he make his teammates better? I haven't seen that happen. If he decides to leave money on the table to move to Chicago, there sure will be more excitement in the Eastern Conference. I suspect our Piston team will suck again next year so it won't matter as far as our chances of being in a playoff race anyway. New York-Chicago who cares because I don't like C. Anthony either since he wanted out of Denver. Some of this makes me wonder about basketball fans in general who follow the NBA. How can weak market teams starved for something to cheer about, ever be successful with all this movement of stars going on? Cleveland has had amazing luck in the draft since Labron left. Their All Star point guard signed a long term contract. It would be great to see Cleveland become a solid playoff team without Labron James.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty SL Roster Hopes.......

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:34 pm

Awwwwwwww Wise, no love for the second best player on the Pistons summer league team? Not only was Siva the second best on the Pistons (KCP put on a scoring demonstration that we all hope carries over into the season) but, he was one of the top PG's in the Orlando Summer League and he's ours, on the cheap. He's offering game management, defense, unselfishness, timely scoring, and he protects the ball...what more could SVG have been looking for in a backup PG? Hell, we don't have that in a starter yet!

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty SL Roster Hopes.......

Post  WTF Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:54 am

I have already concluded in watching the SL that I would like to replace JJ, Bynum, Mitchell with Cook, Liggins, and Watford they are clearly far better options on our bench. I think Cook could be use in the manner CV should have been used Cook is a far better defender and rebounder. Liggins plays defense plain and simple and what not amazing about having a shutdown defender that's capable of defending 3 positions. Watford has range and seem to be everything Mitchell is not, and he can hit 3.

Also with Liggins I think he can play those 3 positions as well though he looks more suited as a SG his reach make him a lot taller so he can play the SF and he's quick enough to also play PG in spots. I love his versatility as a player.

BTW watching the game this morning and yes this SL team clearly miss Siva, but I think him sitting on the sideline hurts more than it's helping his cause.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Don called it months ago ,,,

Post  Sebastian Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:42 pm

deusXango wrote:The more I see of this kid Nick Johnson, the more respect I have for your evaluation of the PAC 12 players, I don't get much of a chance to see. It's a shame we don't have this kid and I'm sure McHale is not going to part with him.....he's off the hook and exactly what this team needs; smarts, athleticism, high motor, team oriented, and a hell of a defender. He has to be seen to be believed!

When I asked you about Aaron Gordon, your profile was right on point and he's right where you predicted he'd be....a high lottery pick. I'm hoping that Spencer Dinwiddie shows to be the player he was projected to be and that's equal to or better than Johnson. Damn, I wish SVG could get this kid!

OUR new brilliant GM had the chance to draft Nick Johnson with the 38th pick (Johnson was drafted 42nd), but SVG elected to drafted a player (Dinwiddie) who suffered an ACL injury in January. Another, excellent choice by GM Stan Van Gundy. scratch 
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty 'Yo, Don!

Post  deusXango Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:33 pm

The more I see of this kid Nick Johnson, the more respect I have for your evaluation of the PAC 12 players, I don't get much of a chance to see. It's a shame we don't have this kid and I'm sure McHale is not going to part with him.....he's off the hook and exactly what this team needs; smarts, athleticism, high motor, team oriented, and a hell of a defender. He has to be seen to be believed!

When I asked you about Aaron Gordon, your profile was right on point and he's right where you predicted he'd be....a high lottery pick. I'm hoping that Spencer Dinwiddie shows to be the player he was projected to be and that's equal to or better than Johnson. Damn, I wish SVG could get this kid!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Dre Drummond!!!

Post  Sebastian Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:02 pm

cool breeze wrote:I think this is more smoke and mirrors like last summer when the hype was that the Pistons had the Big 3 and it would be playoffs for sure. Then our Big 3 looked lazy on defense and at least one of them looked like they had been up all night before game night. Eyes almost closed and sleep walking on the first quarter was not uncommon. We have had a discussion relating to players lacking proper work ethic or not being in game shape. It looks to me that Monroe is a slow footed player who has trouble reacting properly on defense. He can't be used in crunch time. Smith has never been a good 4th quarter player. Drummond is still extremely raw. And all 3 big men lack the ability to shoot a free throw. It seems that the new management is trying to stir up interest in the same players we watched last season. Oracle says better coaching will help and perhaps it will. But no player wants to get their ass kicked almost every night. Something is really wrong with a lot of our players including our big men. And Stan is saying he is going to build around those players. I say that is risky business but there is nothing else he can do because none of our highly paid players are in high demand. We must look at the facts and not get excited about these players again. They got dressed in their Piston uniforms for a lot of games last season where they clearly were inferior to their competition. The truth is in the win loss record. 

This would be a good question for the forum. Which big man do you think will improve their free throw percentage next season? Drummond is my pick because he was the worst in the league last year. Who wants that title?

Dre's entire on court persona is about improvement. Josh's game is defined, if not refined, after 10 years in the League; and Moose is so damn clumsy and slow that he is what he is already, after 4 years. Moose's game will actually get worse, if continues to play heavy minutes at the PF position. He can't guard the position and he is not skilled enough, offensively, to excel at the position.

David Falk needs to work his magic to get Moose in a more advantageous location (i.e. Phoenix), where he can play his minutes as a Center. If so, Falk and Moose will make continue to make a good piece of money on the contract that he will receive when he's 29 years of age.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty SVG can't be as dumb, as he has played himself to be ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:SVG has a clear vision, and I hope we keep all of our bigs!

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/07/stan_van_gundy_jodie_meeks_vs.html wrote:Van Gundy made it clear that Meeks, with his perimeter shooting and athleticism, was acquired as a complement to the jumbo-sized Pistons trio of Andre Drummond, Josh Smith and Monroe, calling him a "perfect fit."

"We're going to build around our front line," Van Gundy said. "I think with Andre, Greg and Josh, that's the strength of our team. And so you want to put around them is guys that help them. That, to me, is more important than how good that guy is on his own -- and I think Jodie is a very good player -- but the big thing is he helps them be very good."

While we're all talking about Josh vs Monroe, SVG sees, smartly, that the trio is a super strength of this club... if used right, and that means that to win, sacrifices will have to be made, but if made, the sky is truly the limit!

As Stones pointed out, the excitement we all felt after Joe put that team together was real, but needed refinement, and SVG the coach is ready, willing and able to do what's needed!

Now with the addition of shooters, we really have the ingredients to make a run, a deep run if Drummond matures on defense and FT shooting, and Monroe gets most of his minutes as center, where his defense is a lot better!

One last thing. KCP vs Meeks for the starting position is a KCP win easily! Unfortunately you have to follow the money(and experience), and IMO, no matter what KCP does, Meeks will start!

Based on Pope's play in the summer league I think Stan will figure out real quick that he needs perimeter defenders on the floor. Meeks is a better defender than he was two years ago and for sure is light years ahead of either Jennings or Bynum. But Pope is becoming a good two way player. I know you are with me on the idea of making KCP our starting point guard. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make an entry pass and move without the ball. He could be a good pick and roll point guard and now has a good mid range game. And it would be cool to have him match up on defense with opposing point guards. I can't imagine that our new coach will go into training camp with both Jennings and Bynum but I doubt there is any team in the league that would want either player. Perhaps Detroit could trade Bynum and throw in come cash. Nobody wants Jennings contract or his style of play.

It has been reported that the Phoenix Suns are sniffing at Isaiah Thomas. If this is true and they make him an offer that can't be match by the Kings, then maybe SVG will have the balls to then persuade the Suns to participate in a S/T with Moose for Eric Bledsoe, a real up and coming PG. The deal could also include a spare part like Singler for one of the better Morris twins.

Then SVG could offer B. Jennings to the Kings for Jason Thompson, a much better back-up option at the PF/C.

Then WE roll with:

PG - Bledsoe/Wil B./Siva (for all you Siva fans)
SG - KCP/F@ckin' Jodie Meeks
SF - Markief Morris/T. Mitch
PF - Josh/Jerebko
C - Dre Drummond/Jason Thompson

SVG has to do much more than resign Moose, as his final major transaction.

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Ho can we evaluate our big men highly when you look at last year's game film?

Post  cool breeze Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:46 pm

I think this is more smoke and mirrors like last summer when the hype was that the Pistons had the Big 3 and it would be playoffs for sure. Then our Big 3 looked lazy on defense and at least one of them looked like they had been up all night before game night. Eyes almost closed and sleep walking on the first quarter was not uncommon. We have had a discussion relating to players lacking proper work ethic or not being in game shape. It looks to me that Monroe is a slow footed player who has trouble reacting properly on defense. He can't be used in crunch time. Smith has never been a good 4th quarter player. Drummond is still extremely raw. And all 3 big men lack the ability to shoot a free throw. It seems that the new management is trying to stir up interest in the same players we watched last season. Oracle says better coaching will help and perhaps it will. But no player wants to get their ass kicked almost every night. Something is really wrong with a lot of our players including our big men. And Stan is saying he is going to build around those players. I say that is risky business but there is nothing else he can do because none of our highly paid players are in high demand. We must look at the facts and not get excited about these players again. They got dressed in their Piston uniforms for a lot of games last season where they clearly were inferior to their competition. The truth is in the win loss record. 

This would be a good question for the forum. Which big man do you think will improve their free throw percentage next season? Drummond is my pick because he was the worst in the league last year. Who wants that title?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next