Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Lock On 8 Pick

Post  WTF Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:42 am

If this team blows this I will loose my mind. Sit Drummond before you get him hurt and the same with Monroe. Start playing Siva, Datome, JJ, Charlie and Mitchell. Shut down Stuckey completely and limit PT for Singler and Josh. Cavs have 2 more wins and the same amount of losses 44, time to go in full tank mode.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Big 10 Represent!!!!!!!!!!

Post  WTF Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 am

Man I've been loving the Tournament thus far. Call it mean but I love watching all these over hyped freshmen go down falling on their faces and some undeserving teams go down as well. When I look at the remaining Sweet 16 teams they're teams with substance that are welled coached.

And the three remaining Big 10 teams what can you say about them and I expect after next weekend they'll all be Elite 8 teams when its all said and done. Nothing made me more happier than seeing Duke go down in an upset after Coach K ran his mouth about having the best conference in the NCAA. Yeah Right!!!! think again.

I'm hoping both the Wolverines and Cardinals meet in the Elite 8 for a rematch. Go Blue!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:32 pm

The Kentucky win may have helped the Pistons draft... it puts on hold the argument that players aren't ready after one year... how much experience did Wichita State have?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty We Don't Deserve This

Post  Fennis Dembo Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Gores was at the game Saturday night.  He must have been misquoted.   His quote was, "I believe in this team."  The correct quote should have been, " I believe this team stinks."    If he really believes that, I can just see the off season moves.  He'll have everybody in the organization crossing their fingers, closing their eyes, and wishing real hard for a winner.  Loyer will play the part of Peter Pan and Joe Dumars will be Tinker Bell.  Gores will be quoted as saying,  "All you need is faith, and trust, and a little bit of pixie dust."  This is a revolting development.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Could we try something Michigan did?

Post  Sparma Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:36 am

In the second half, Stauskas played the high post for a spell, repeatedly finding cutters or else creating a good opportunities for himself. The commentator said that often the big men placed there sometimes have difficulty shooting [Monroe?], passing, or dribbling well enough to exploit the spot. I like the idea of giving a more skilled, non-big man, some opportunities near the free throw line. Not sure who that would be for the Pistons. Singler? From what I've seen Datome might do well there.

In any case, I enjoyed watched creative coaching that attempted to exploit mismatches.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Seriously???

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Live blog: Red-hot L.A. Clippers looming as Detroit Pistons try to snap 12-game road skid 

I'm glad I don't have to write stuff like this!

Why in the world would we want to snap a 12 game winning streak... well, losing streaks are better for us than winning streaks, so let's switch names for the rest of the season  lol 

BTW, I fully endorse LOSING!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Badgers hold on...

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:34 pm

To beat a tough Oregon team!

This one could have easily gone either way, but the Badgers came up big down the stretch!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Sh!t Happens And That's How 2004 Came About Not Joe Genius

Post  WTF Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:21 pm

I'm hopeful about the future of the team largely in part because after this season no more Joe Dumars, Thank God! I'm not going to make excuses or sugar his failures and I'm not going to overstate his success here either. Grant going to Orlando was a foregone conclusion and there was nothing genius about getting Big Ben. Like not keep acting as if Joe saw the potential of Big Ben becoming what he did and that the key piece was Chucky Akins. They weren't even sure if Big Ben would make the team.

Lets stop giving him kudos on the Sheed trade because the was all about Larry Brown. Yes Chauncey was a great pick up and Rip for Stackhouse was nice but that was all about cap space.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Orangemen Goes Down

Post  WTF Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:08 pm

Man I love it when some of these Big Name Schools go down in the Tourney's. Call me a Hater if you must but what bothers me is that Michigan and MSU no matter how good they might be just never get the hype from the sports media like they deserve. Seriously as good as Burke was all last season at Michigan it often felt as if they all was hoping he falling on his face at times.

I know some are picking MSU to win it all but still though Izzo gets a lot of media attention it's not one single players that get all the rave. I just hate how they hype some of these programs like Duke, Kansas, Syracuse and so on with some over hyped freshmen on it.

Maybe it's because they look at the Big 10 and just think football  facepalm Just My Opinion
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:01 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:
cool breeze wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:No point getting bent all out of shape the way things are going now.  Man I just want this team to keep losing and keep their lottery pick.  No point in screaming about pride and moral victories or who's playing hard or not when hopefully this **** gets partially blown up over the summer.  We all know that for certain Chauncey, Stuckey, and Charlie are all but gone next season and that there's a strong indication that Moose may be moved in some form of a sign and trade.  

We hopefully can at least look to keep or pick and hopefully not waste it on one of these overly hype freshmen or some ESPN over sold project player.  I hope we consider players like and dare I say Payne from MSU, or McDermott and smartly actually pick a shooter like Stauskas if available in the 2nd round.  

Very seldom do I watch a MSU games except when they're playing Michigan and I have watch MSU play the last 2 games and I like this Payne. This kid was 17 for 17 at the FT line and can shoot it anywhere on the court, I like McDermott and though he gets some media attention it's not nearly what they're giving this overrated freshmen and this kid should in my opinion be the #1 pick I would love to have this kid on the team.  As for Stauskas this kid can stroke it and if you sleep on him he can and will put it on the floor.  I don't think he's a starter but he damn sure can be the role player this team needs.  

If I had to give any single freshmen it would be Wiggins, He's not ready for the NBA and really should stay another season to work on his game more. If he doesn't end up on the Lakers or Pistons then he screwed early on.  

Maybe in a sign and trade we can land Rondo to go along with Drummond, and Josh then be so lucky to land either McDermott or Payne.  

So you must believe that the Pistons have two good point guards if you are looking for another shooting guard in this draft. We need a bigger stronger smarter point guard in my opinion. That should be Detroit's first priority. Someone who can play at least average defense would be a pleasant change. However, it seems set in stone that the Piston brain trust will come back again with Jennings and Bynum to lead this team. 

I would try to sign a free agent who is a proven shooter and defender if no team will make a trade for our players. Maybe we could get a point guard as well this way. 

Overall, we need players with a higher basketball IQ. That is the main problem here with this team. Many of these players are not capable of being coached because they lack basic basketball smarts. Our players have no sense of court awareness and must spend no time before games to learn the opponents offense and what they are trying to do. lack of being able to concentrate longer than 3 seconds is very evident with most of our players. I am will Sissy right now. I have nothing to look forward to or be happy about with this Piston team. We need new blood as soon as possible. That is the reason why I would trade all or any of our players right now to get smarter players. A critical mistake would be to judge players on the current roster based on how they play the remaining games. Their test came way back in December, January and Feb. That is when playoff teams or smart players perform well and really give mental and physical effort. I could care less if any of our guys scored 40 points in one of the remaining games. Right now the real teams are resting as much as possible and giving a little less on the court to prepare their bodies for the playoffs. The only players who should be playing their asses off right now are fringe players looking for a new contract. We have too many fringe players thanks to Joe.

We don't have a PG

I did Moosefan and I am sorry. Sometimes I get so pissed off about the way things have gone over the past 5 years with the Pistons that I can't see straight. Why does Joe Dumars specialize in finding the low basketball IQ players? He finds them and then locks them in to silly contracts. I am still wondering how Bynum's agent pulled the rabbit out of the hat when he got good old Joe to agree to a 2 year contract. No other team was lining up for Will and for sure he wouldn't have received more than a one year deal for perhaps half of what Joe offered.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty In defense of Joe Dumars...

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Oops, there is no defense for this level of apocalyptical collapse!

Picking Chauncey, RIP & Sheed was risky, but the risk was mitigated by their skill level and character, coupled with having a HOF coach in tow!

Grant Hill for Ben and change was masterful!

What those moves had in common is that they worked!

These latest moves, starting with Ben Gordon & CV on to Jennings & Smith, coupled with giving away a damn good SG in Afflalo, and passing on two great rookie guards in Burke & MCW, leaves a trail of stink that's hard to take!

Sadly, Ben Gordon was probably the most solid move of the downward spiral, and that's not saying much!

But they all have one thing in common! Joe never put any of these flawed players in a position to maximize their potential and talent. Each one of them would be useful in the right situation, but Joe made sure that they all were in the worst possible situation of their careers!

Again, and this is sad as well, these players were also victims of Joe's ultimate incompetence in putting together teams in recent years!

Whatever he had, he's lost it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty I Guess You Miss Reading The Bottom of My Post

Post  WTF Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:53 pm

cool breeze wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:No point getting bent all out of shape the way things are going now.  Man I just want this team to keep losing and keep their lottery pick.  No point in screaming about pride and moral victories or who's playing hard or not when hopefully this **** gets partially blown up over the summer.  We all know that for certain Chauncey, Stuckey, and Charlie are all but gone next season and that there's a strong indication that Moose may be moved in some form of a sign and trade.  

We hopefully can at least look to keep or pick and hopefully not waste it on one of these overly hype freshmen or some ESPN over sold project player.  I hope we consider players like and dare I say Payne from MSU, or McDermott and smartly actually pick a shooter like Stauskas if available in the 2nd round.  

Very seldom do I watch a MSU games except when they're playing Michigan and I have watch MSU play the last 2 games and I like this Payne. This kid was 17 for 17 at the FT line and can shoot it anywhere on the court, I like McDermott and though he gets some media attention it's not nearly what they're giving this overrated freshmen and this kid should in my opinion be the #1 pick I would love to have this kid on the team.  As for Stauskas this kid can stroke it and if you sleep on him he can and will put it on the floor.  I don't think he's a starter but he damn sure can be the role player this team needs.  

If I had to give any single freshmen it would be Wiggins, He's not ready for the NBA and really should stay another season to work on his game more. If he doesn't end up on the Lakers or Pistons then he screwed early on.  

Maybe in a sign and trade we can land Rondo to go along with Drummond, and Josh then be so lucky to land either McDermott or Payne.  

So you must believe that the Pistons have two good point guards if you are looking for another shooting guard in this draft. We need a bigger stronger smarter point guard in my opinion. That should be Detroit's first priority. Someone who can play at least average defense would be a pleasant change. However, it seems set in stone that the Piston brain trust will come back again with Jennings and Bynum to lead this team. 

I would try to sign a free agent who is a proven shooter and defender if no team will make a trade for our players. Maybe we could get a point guard as well this way. 

Overall, we need players with a higher basketball IQ. That is the main problem here with this team. Many of these players are not capable of being coached because they lack basic basketball smarts. Our players have no sense of court awareness and must spend no time before games to learn the opponents offense and what they are trying to do. lack of being able to concentrate longer than 3 seconds is very evident with most of our players. I am will Sissy right now. I have nothing to look forward to or be happy about with this Piston team. We need new blood as soon as possible. That is the reason why I would trade all or any of our players right now to get smarter players. A critical mistake would be to judge players on the current roster based on how they play the remaining games. Their test came way back in December, January and Feb. That is when playoff teams or smart players perform well and really give mental and physical effort. I could care less if any of our guys scored 40 points in one of the remaining games. Right now the real teams are resting as much as possible and giving a little less on the court to prepare their bodies for the playoffs. The only players who should be playing their asses off right now are fringe players looking for a new contract. We have too many fringe players thanks to Joe.

We don't have a PG
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Message from Joe Dumars to Piston fans

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Sorry things didn't go our way this season. Our players had some bad luck and the officials might have called the games wrong. Don't worry about losing that first round draft pick this year. I won't do anything to ruin our chances of getting a high draft pick in 2015. Just have faith and stop writing negative stuff about this team and my decision making ability. I am not sure which one of my point guards will make the All Star team next season but one of them should. Our big men will be working hard in the off season to improve their ability to defend too. The one thing we have going for us is how smart our players are when it comes to playing basketball the right way. We often get to our 3rd and 4th option on offense. We seldom make one pass or less before jacking up a shot. Yes be proud of this team Piston fans and where your Pistons hat with a smile in the off season.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:36 pm

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Just So Much Sh!t That Can Happen

Post  WTF Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:53 am

No point getting bent all out of shape the way things are going now. Man I just want this team to keep losing and keep their lottery pick. No point in screaming about pride and moral victories or who's playing hard or not when hopefully this **** gets partially blown up over the summer. We all know that for certain Chauncey, Stuckey, and Charlie are all but gone next season and that there's a strong indication that Moose may be moved in some form of a sign and trade.

We hopefully can at least look to keep or pick and hopefully not waste it on one of these overly hype freshmen or some ESPN over sold project player. I hope we consider players like and dare I say Payne from MSU, or McDermott and smartly actually pick a shooter like Stauskas if available in the 2nd round.

Very seldom do I watch a MSU games except when they're playing Michigan and I have watch MSU play the last 2 games and I like this Payne. This kid was 17 for 17 at the FT line and can shoot it anywhere on the court, I like McDermott and though he gets some media attention it's not nearly what they're giving this overrated freshmen and this kid should in my opinion be the #1 pick I would love to have this kid on the team. As for Stauskas this kid can stroke it and if you sleep on him he can and will put it on the floor. I don't think he's a starter but he damn sure can be the role player this team needs.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Can I just get one Damn thing to look forward to next year?

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:45 am

Andre Drummond, Isiah Thomas as GM, Bill Laimbeer as coach, Stuckey let go, Bynum, Smith & Jennings traded Oh my, that's 6 things to look forward to, Curry, Kuester, Frank, Cheeks & Loyer haven't worked so why not welcome two Bad Boys back to straighten this team out. Lets Roll.
Lets give them a chance, they've got to be better than the scum balls we had before them besides who's running this circus anyway?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Was There Any Doubt that the Loser's Would Lose?

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:36 am

And true to form like they have for so many losses they found another way to lose, good for the draft but pitiful for them & the team, players like Datome & Mitchell can't even get a Sniff eh? Good job of coaching like your dad Mo Mr. Loyer. Final: Suns 98 Losers 92. What a coach, what a GM, what an owner, what a bunch of ball hogging players.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Joshy Strikes Again

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:03 am

End of the 3rd quarter, Smith puts up air ball then lets the defense score on a dunk because he wasn't paying attention, comes down misses a lay up, misses another off the rim & then puts up another 3 pointer across the other side of the backboard & gets 3 shots for an apparent foul, misses all 3 on clunkers, is this guy pitiful or what? Shooting at a clip of 24% on 3 pointers & 53% on free throws, he's still got a chance to beat Andre for the worst free throw shooter on the team. Worst 3 point shooter in the league, for those that really like Joshy go to josh smith flaws on the Internet & you'll see he's not consistent, terrible free throw shooter.
Terrible 3 point shooter & everyone says he shoots to many of them, has a good game & then 4-5 bad ones, 3-26 one night, 4-25 another night & then scores 32 on another night, a ball hog extroidinaire to be sure to go along with  his cohort buddies Jennings & Bynum, you'll never win anything with  these 3 players. The only thing we have to look forward to next year is if these 3 are traded. Smith tonight is 5-16, 0-7 on free throws & 2 turnovers in 38 minutes with 5:16 to play, to many minutes for him as inconsistent as he is, this is his worst year everyone says, never wanted this bum on our team, a disaster player. Makes a basket to tie the game but misses  another free throw, now 0-8, his free throws alone have cost this team.
Ball Hogger Bynum doesn't pass the ball, makes the basket but travels, where have we seen this before? Pistons 11-27 on free throws tonight, Jeesh, who put this horrible free Throw shooting team together? Joey, Joey Donuts, as anybody seen him since he fired Cheeks or where's Gores to tell the fans what's happening? This team really sucks.?

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:44 pm

But if I got A call from Philadelphia telling me they want to dump T.Young, or if Detroit had A shot at the kid from Duke J.Parker, Josh Smith would be on the first thing smoking!! But if he was willing to be A 6th man now we talking NBA championship!

Also we have to get rid of B.Jennings. Unless he comes into camp A new man who has given up the street ball mentality. I don't see that going down!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Two smart guard who can shoot and Detroit is in the playoffs

Post  Phil-Good Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:14 pm

"there's nothing wrong with that frontcourt that two good shooting, playmaking guards wouldn't cure!"

I have to agree Oracle!!

Add S.Curry and K.Thompson and you have A team that's going places!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty GO MERCER

Post  WTF Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Man I love it when Duke goes down  tb 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Josh & Our frontcourt

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Josh has proven that he's a starter, but a situational starter.

He can play PF with the right matchups, i.e. if the PF is not too big and strong.

He can play SF if we need someone to bully and post up smaller SF's down low.

But IMO, there's nothing wrong with that frontcourt that two good shooting, playmaking guards wouldn't cure!

I hope they don't over react to this losing, because it's almost entirely guard driven!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Rondon out for the year

Post  Sparma Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:24 pm

What the heck is going on in Lakeland? I think Prince will have a great season in Texas, but I'd still kind of liked the reshaping of the roster. For a team with such big aspirations, the Tigers look in trouble now. I still like their chances of figuring it all out and doing very well.

Another prediction: the Pistons will finish with the 8th worst record, then get bumped out that spot by the draw. How could it be otherwise given how things have unfolded for the team?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty I Apologize

Post  WTF Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:03 am

Oracle wrote:As further details emerge, it appears that Josh was simply yapping at a former coach in a joking way and the ref, having a malice at the palace moment in his pants, got frisky with the 2nd tech! Word has it that the first tech was not really deserver, and that's what Monroe was saying, so Wise, you owe him an apology.

Josh is TOTALLY in the clear on this one... my bad!

Dear Moose,

I'm sorry Oracle said you said and then I said what I said because he said you said.  tb 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Seriously Sissy

Post  WTF Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 am

Sissy1946 wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:So what Josh got ejected, how sad is it that fans and media would make big news of it as if he's the first player to ever get ejected from a game.  I mean really in a meaningless sh!t game in a season going nowhere and the team needing to think of tanking every single game to season end.  

I have seen a number of players get ejected in more critical games with the team in contention, in midst of a 7 game series and you all want to give it to Josh in a game everyone should have been hoping we lose.  facepalm   How about Big Ben, and Lord knows Rodman and Sheed had a few for  that matter so has our most famous player Zeke.  

So what we were down Andre and if the ejection gave the game to Denver so be it. I hope he get suspended a game as well so we can keep losing.  

Thanks Josh  tb 
Joshy quit on his team, he knew the circumstances, he knew they needed him to step up so what did he do? He quit, it doesn't matter if its a game they needed to lose for draft positions or not, he quit plain & simple just like he doesn't listen to his coaches when they tell him to quit the 3's, he doesn't give a Sh!t, you never tank, you never ever quit on your team regardless, the Bum needs to go, Cheaters quit on their team, winners give their best in every game win or lose.

He did not quit on his team  facepalm  Okay you don't like him I get it but really. Coaches never told him to stop shooting the 3's in fact Cheeks encouraged it much to the dismay of many fans he was encouraged to take it. Not one coach has told him not to take that shot and I challenge to prove otherwise.  tb 

Monroe tanks every night, Jennings admittedly confessed he hasn't play well since Cheeks was fired and you bugged my Josh getting ejected in a meaningless game. But what makes this really funny is that this team been quitting all season please look at their record and you can't contribute any "L" to Josh Smith, and again who on the team plays harder than he does? No One!

Really I challenge you or anyone to prove to me that Josh is the reason this team has the record it has. I challenge you to show me what starter plays harder than he does? I really challenge you to show me one instance where the coach asked him to not to shoot 3's.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum