Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty It is between Josh & Monroe

Post  Oracle Thu May 01, 2014 3:19 pm

@Wise - It's between those two because we need a center(Dre) and  backup center(Monroe) that is a change of pace from the starter.

@Stones - Josh at PF is no longer a viable option! You may have missed my post, but the gist of it is this. Have you looked at Josh lately? He's very thin compared to what he used to be, so it's not just tall PF that will bother him, but heavy PF's as well! For better or worse, Josh is a SF now, without SF skills!

However, you both make a lot of sense about a sign & trade for Moose! I know how we should use him, but he's not going to like it, so we likely just need to part ways with us getting the best deal possible!

In that case, Josh at PF will be where we are! Not a disaster, just not the best option, IMO! Where he may struggle on defense, the opposite is true on offense! Josh will nightly have a large speed advantage, and being closer to the rim, his production will increase.

Sterling: Are comments made in private with the assumption that it's private out of bounds? According to our behavior on other things, the answer is clearly no!

We regularly jail people that agree with Bin Laden for the crime of hating Americans, but racist hate Americans and we think that they have the right to do so, so why the double standard!

America regularly cheats Asians, Mexicans(Latinos), and African Americans on a daily basis, and it's looked on as "Normal"! 90% of decent paying jobs require no or limited skills, basically that you're breathing, and almost all of them go to those in the majority population.

It's all about competition! The majority fears competition, and votes for people that will guarantee that they don't have to compete with minorities! Democrats keep saying that they're voting against their own interest, but nobody does that. It's just that the Dems don't see where their interests lie!

It's in their interest to not have to compete, because if you compete, you might lose, and they can't deal with that!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Okay I Can't Take It Anymore

Post  WTF Thu May 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Okay Okay Okay  facepalm 

What position do you guys think Josh has spent the majority of his career playing at? POWER FORWARD  facepalm 

Okay and he has played it quite well over 8 seasons and yet some of you still insist that he's to small to play it.  Sure some nights he's going to have an issue most time he won't and other times it's a wash because he's a mismatch for the opposing PF on the other team.  

Okay a lot of you don't like the kid but for real he's too small all of a sudden.  Then you all cream him because we insisted on playing him at SF and complain about his shooting.  

Now Go Stones I would mind Boozer not sure if I like him over Josh though.  Either way though Moose or Andre Has to be move, but the idea thing would be to start Boozer and Monroe, and convince Josh and Andre to back them up now that would be a sweet scenario that I think we all could agree on.  That would be like having Rick, Bill, Buddah and Salley.

The only way I want to keep Monroe is if he plays center exclusively. I agree I can't see us paying him that much to play a position he's not suited to play, still wouldn't give him a max deal though......

Bulls don't really want Josh they Gibson, though Josh would be a bad starter or back up for them I can see him and Noah causing havoc on opposing teams. Rose would be a perfect PG for Josh to play with.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Boozer?

Post  Go Stones! Thu May 01, 2014 2:27 pm

It is obvious that Chicago is going to rid themselves of Boozer one way or the other. I don't see Boozer as a solution long term, however, what about taking baby steps in fixing this team instead of all at once? This would be a one-year rental that we can buy again for a lot cheaper the following year. What do you guys think of the following situations?

1. Boozer ($16+Million/year with one year left) + draft pick (late 1st or 2nd round) for Greg Monroe (via sign and trade)?

2. Boozer (as above) + draft pick for Josh Smith?

I hate the idea of Monroe on our team for more than $10M/year. I believe he is good enough to do a sign and trade that would allow for a better player/fit to our team in return. If Monroe is asking for a lot of money, no one with any wisdom will bite. If Chicago still bites, it would potentially cripple them for years to come (see Boozer's contract presently). I also believe that Boozer would be able to open up the floor so that he would compliment J.Smith/Dre. It isn't that the 3 player trial failed, it is that they had the wrong 3 players! Boozer was an all-star and most likely has a chip on his shoulder!

I don't mind J.Smith on our team. I think he is more set for PF, however, the tall PFs are gonna be harder for him to guard effectively. I think we have all seen what happens when he has a smaller SF on him and he backs them in and scores at will. He just needs to have someone to spread the floor and Boozer can do that...he has range.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Need To List

Post  WTF Thu May 01, 2014 12:52 pm

1. Team need to go strong at Deng this summer to move Josh to starting PF or SF/PF off the bench.
2. Team need to Decide on Andre or Monroe because Monroe isn't a PF nor is he PF/C he is simply a center period. Pick one
3. Team need to commit to Josh as starting PF or trade him or convince him into a sixth man role but they can't start him at SF
4. Team need to draft a SG and as I said there is no way I would not take Stuaskas at #8 this guys is a pure shooter he's catch and shoot player who can put it on the floor and get to the rim.
5. Team need to get a PG Period, Jennings just like KCP are scorers plan and simple. Stop trying to make them into something they'll never be. I would trade Moose for Westbrook even though I don't think Westbrook is the idea PG but he's better than Jennings all day long. Or I would trade him to Boston for Rondo

I don't want that LA reject coach no where near this organization. I didn't like him in Phoenix, LA, NY and I'm sure I'll hate him here.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 am

Phil, there's 80% chance of having a 1st round pick this year... we'll know for sure in 19 days.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Thu May 01, 2014 3:17 am

WISEFAN wrote:Moose and 1st pick for Splitter and Leonard

Now this might not be A bad trade. But more important then trades is finding the right GM.

Plus it's 50/50 that the Pistons will even have A first round pick at this point to offer in any type of trades.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Have no interest in Collangelo or D'Antoni... one has a bad track record... the other believes in "soft ball"
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:58 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Moose and 1st pick for Splitter and Leonard
The Spurs will need to get the future replacement for TD... I'm ok with this deal (have to be after signing Monroe).... thinking the Spurs should include their 1st.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Before the Pistons can move forward management needs to review the firing of Mo Cheeks

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:33 pm

Mo Cheeks came in with the reputation of being a players coach. The Piston players said they were excited about having a coach like that after experiencing Frank last season. Cheeks was not bad communicating why the Pistons lost games in his post game interviews. I watched him after the loses. He seemed to be right on with his analysis. He would always say, our team didn't get the 50-50 balls. In other words he was saying our players were not trying hard enough. When the other team is trying really hard and our team seems to not care or unable to meet the other team's energy level, then what can members of the Piston team expect? Is that the coaches fault? Of course not. The problem all season has been lack of effort on defense. Then there is lack of concentration at the foul line. Players were not practicing enough to eliminate missing at the foul line so much. Then there were the temper tantrums involving Josh Smith and Will Bynum. Both players were guilty of playing badly mostly hurting the team with poor decision making. But there was a period of time where Smith didn't play hard and didn't care. Cheeks called him out. With Bynum, it was clear as a bell that at the time Cheeks sent him to the bench, Bynum was horrible on both ends of the floor. After Bynum's out burst, there was no way Cheeks was going to play him again. He was through. And in that game, I was saying to myself, why in hell is Bynum still in the game. He had turned the ball over about 6 times in five minutes. And his man was scoring any time he wanted. What puzzles me is Billups. If it is true that Billups had a meeting with the owner and was critical of Cheeks coaching ability, then I have lost respect for Billups. If he was protecting Bynum and Smith, there is something really wrong. Was Billups under mining Joe Dumars when he went above Joe's head and talking directly to the owner? It make me wonder if Billups was trying to get himself set up for a front office job. The owner took the bate. If the owner had only reviewed game film and knew anything at all about basketball, he would have sided with Mo Cheeks. I have loved Billups as a player and leader of the Detroit Pistons and hated it when Joe traded him. But now I have to take a step back. I hope the owner brings in one of the Bad Boys or some younger extremely smart man to take Joe's job. I don't think anyone who is currently related to this Piston team should be considered. The team's energy was bad. Their chemistry was horrible. Billups couldn't help make a positive change. Rasheed couldn't make a positive change because both of our young big men still suck on the defensive end. Rasheed has a questionable personality with his mood swings as a player and odd take on what is going on. I am not saying he wan't a fantastic player when he wanted to be, but does he have the right stuff to be a good coach? Maybe he is doing a fantastic job but who knows. What I do know is the Piston team had bad chemistry and played with no passion this past year. You have to find out what the problem is and make changes. There is a rat in the wood pile somewhere and the new GM needs to identify who the rats are and get rid of them so we don't have to watch them again next season. I am being selfish here. I hated watching the Piston team last season and want better entertainment like I am watching now in the playoffs. This is basketball. Our Piston team didn't play basketball as I know it.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Trading Moose Again

Post  WTF Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Moose and 1st pick for Splitter and Leonard
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Okay Back To Trading Moose

Post  WTF Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:39 pm

I would trade Moose and our 1st for Trey Burke and Favors
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:52 pm

What Shaq won't be fired for degrading people with disabilities... the outrage!.. Call CNN, ESPN... yes double standards exist  lol 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I would trade both Josh and Monroe along with Siva for Westbrook, Ibaka and OKC 1st round pick this year and next year.  
Sure wish you were Presti  Wink 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Okay Back To Basketball Another Josh Trade Proposal

Post  WTF Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 pm

I would trade both Josh and Monroe along with Siva for Westbrook, Ibaka and OKC 1st round pick this year and next year.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty I Ain't Agreeing or Disagreeing but............

Post  WTF Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:00 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:This thing is going to get more dumber and ignorant if we're not able to get some resolve quickly.

First I hate casual fans and their thinking bitch moaning about something that didn't happen.  All 6 teams that played yesterday were prepared to not play had Silver actions been anything less than what it was.  But here are this asshole fans that feel that because the cough up money for tickets that the players should have paid.

Then you have Racist and Asshole moaning about Sterling right to say what he wants. Well asshole everyone has the right to say and feel what the fu@ck they want to just be prepared to deal with the results of it. You dumb ass always screaming about what rights you have to the dumb asses you are.  

Yep this sh!t is only going to get worse but I guess sometimes that what needs to happen for sh!t to really get better and this should be an eye opener for these players to take a more hands on active role in minority communities, and put pressure on businesses and how they impact minority injustice or any fu@king injustice.  These player need to get real and stop thinking that tossing money at charities is enough. I mean they really need to get hands on and become true and real mentors, advocates and cheerleaders.

I think our purpose and I mean everyone people that no matter what faith you have , color of skin, what side of political bullsh!t you stand on, or what fu@king country you in our purpose is to be facilitators of love and compassion. It is not to impose our beliefs on others but to work together and have that dumb hatred in our hearts rather it in private or in public.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!  facepalm 

Not only that.  While the players have their chests puffed out for this triumph over racism I think it's time for the Commish to take a front and center stand against use of the N-word by players, on court, in locker rooms and in general conversation.  If this is to be a more homogeneous, kumbaya-ish league lets remove this "ok for us to say" unwritten rule BS that continues to be proliferated for no productive reason.   I hate the word and the double standard.

lemonpen I'm not for or against what your suggesting. The last thing I want to do is be overly sensitive because I think the biggest issue with racial, social and religious division is our inability to laugh ourselves for our difference both good and bad as long as it's not to discriminate I don't have a problem with the word being used by black people. Some looked at it as taking a negative word and turning it around, some feel strongly against the word but I guess it depend on how one perceive it use.

IMO at the end of the day regardless to all the bullsh!t associated its a word like any other word. A word that is defined by its use and who's using it. My point I got kicked out of the navy because of the word Boy which is just as bad as the N word IMO. I found no difference in the demeaning use of the word boy when an officer insisted on referring to me that way so I whipped his ass. Should boy be banned. I just don't feel it has the same demeaning reference when black people say it and if Sterling said it.

Like I said we should all be acting as facilitators of love and compassion, we need to stop over reacting because we're not defined by what people think of us but what our actions are toward each other. If this word is remove and never spoken again it wont erase racism, or how people my think us. Trust me we don't have to hear the N word to no racism. Sterling didn't say the N word but we all knew.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Why Stop Here ???

Post  lemonpen Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:08 pm

WISEFAN wrote:This thing is going to get more dumber and ignorant if we're not able to get some resolve quickly.

First I hate casual fans and their thinking bitch moaning about something that didn't happen.  All 6 teams that played yesterday were prepared to not play had Silver actions been anything less than what it was.  But here are this asshole fans that feel that because the cough up money for tickets that the players should have paid.

Then you have Racist and Asshole moaning about Sterling right to say what he wants. Well asshole everyone has the right to say and feel what the fu@ck they want to just be prepared to deal with the results of it. You dumb ass always screaming about what rights you have to the dumb asses you are.  

Yep this sh!t is only going to get worse but I guess sometimes that what needs to happen for sh!t to really get better and this should be an eye opener for these players to take a more hands on active role in minority communities, and put pressure on businesses and how they impact minority injustice or any fu@king injustice.  These player need to get real and stop thinking that tossing money at charities is enough. I mean they really need to get hands on and become true and real mentors, advocates and cheerleaders.

I think our purpose and I mean everyone people that no matter what faith you have , color of skin, what side of political bullsh!t you stand on, or what fu@king country you in our purpose is to be facilitators of love and compassion. It is not to impose our beliefs on others but to work together and have that dumb hatred in our hearts rather it in private or in public.

Not only that.  While the players have their chests puffed out for this triumph over racism I think it's time for the Commish to take a front and center stand against use of the N-word by players, on court, in locker rooms and in general conversation.  If this is to be a more homogeneous, kumbaya-ish league lets remove this "ok for us to say" unwritten rule BS that continues to be proliferated for no productive reason.   I hate the word and the double standard.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty @coolbreeze

Post  WTF Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 am

cool breeze wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Okay I've been making trade scenarios all season for Moose so this one is for all the Josh haters  lol  Okay I would trade Josh Smith and Jennings to Indy for Lance Stephens, George Hill, Scola and Indy's 1st pick.

Wisefan it looks as if Larry Bird has screwed up the Pacer team so badly that one might think he has been taking advise from Joe Dumars. I sure would be happy with that trade proposal you have made. The chemistry on the Pacer team right now is as bad as the Pistons.

Don I could have suggested trading Josh for a bag of chips and you would think that's a good trade.  lol 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty OMG! Casual Fans, Racist Fans & Other Forms Of Asshole Stop Tweeting Please

Post  WTF Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:21 am

This thing is going to get more dumber and ignorant if we're not able to get some resolve quickly.

First I hate casual fans and their thinking bitch moaning about something that didn't happen. All 6 teams that played yesterday were prepared to not play had Silver actions been anything less than what it was. But here are this asshole fans that feel that because the cough up money for tickets that the players should have paid.

Yep this sh!t is only going to get worse but I guess sometimes that what needs to happen for sh!t to really get better and this should be an eye opener for these players to take a more hands on active role in minority communities, and put pressure on businesses and how they impact minority injustice or any fu@king injustice. These player need to get real and stop thinking that tossing money at charities is enough. I mean they really need to get hands on and become true and real mentors, advocates and cheerleaders.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Hell hath no fury...

Post  Oracle Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:16 am

The Ho got him! She was a real piece of work, but when they crossed her, she dropped the hammer, and I'm glad she did!

Sterling is ignorant pond scum, and I'm being kind! If I had my way, he's be drummed out of the country... but that's just me!

Didn't the rich & powerful learn anything from Monica saving Bills genetic donation on her dress? These Ho's are finally getting smarter that the dumb asses that abuse them!

They're going to tape, save genetic material and whatever!

My advice, is to be sure they swallow, or your stuff may be sold to others who will claim you knocked them up for cash, and the DNA test will confirm it!

I was on Bills side, and generally have no problem with getting a little taste if you don't hurt anybody, but Sterling is another question... he needed taking down!

The Clips pulled two wins out of their asses, and Silver stood tall for America and the NBA!

Historic stuff!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Murph, Magic has my vote also... local L.A. ties... It's easier to root for the clips over the Lakers... only problem is he'd kick our ass in recruiting F.A.s.
Makes ya wonder what Gores was talking about " a high profile guy".... we should be hearing something by now  facepalm 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Murph He did very well!

Post  WTF Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
I'm guessing he selling the team before next season as well.  I suspects Silver is about to announce fines, loss of draft picks and suspension.  The biggest blow is that every player he has under contract is gone once their contracts are up and that as long as he owns the team he'll never be able to sign another black superstar player.  Serves him right!

Let's see...a lifetime suspension and a $2.5 million fine, and the NBA will actively try to force Sterling to sell the team.  That seems about right, and Sterling deserves all of it.

Hopefully, that moron will sell as soon as possible, so we don't have to think about him anymore.  And I still hope Magic Johnson is the buyer.

But now the media is about to get on my last nerve with their dumb as questions and baiting for continuous debate. I was happy with Silvers announcement, the plan is already in motion to get rid of him and it's been hinted how they are going to get it done. It was obvious when Cuban said yesterday the all the owners were in favor of getting rid of Sterling that they could get it done, but we keep hearing dumb ass talking heads saying the opposite and how legally in a court of law they can't force him to sell.

It's like these dumb ass can't grasp the concept that the owners don't need a court of law they simply have to vote him and his team out of the league to force him to sell and relinquish his ownership. They already admit they can't force him to sell but they can make his team worthless that he's force to sell it. Clippers can't be a league of one team can't it? I swear I hate the media at times they're so fu@cking dumb at times.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Well Done, Adam Silver!

Post  Murph Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
I'm guessing he selling the team before next season as well.  I suspects Silver is about to announce fines, loss of draft picks and suspension.  The biggest blow is that every player he has under contract is gone once their contracts are up and that as long as he owns the team he'll never be able to sign another black superstar player.  Serves him right!

Let's see...a lifetime suspension and a $2.5 million fine, and the NBA will actively try to force Sterling to sell the team. That seems about right, and Sterling deserves all of it.

Hopefully, that moron will sell as soon as possible, so we don't have to think about him anymore. And I still hope Magic Johnson is the buyer.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Tru Dat Murph!

Post  WTF Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Murph wrote:Sterling is going to be gone by the beginning of next season.  He really has no choice.  Before this fiasco, Forbes valued the Clippers at $575 million.  After shooting his mouth off, I'm sure Sterling has cost himself about $100 million in lost value.  I mean, at this point, who is going to pay Sterling top dollar to bail him out of this mess?  No one.

However, if Sterling continues to hang onto the team, he's going to lose sponsors, fans, season ticket holders, corporate ticket holders, players, upper management and coaches.  If Sterling gets stubborn the value of his team is going to decline steadily for as long as he holds onto it.

Sterling can either take the hit now, or eventually be forced to sell the team at half it's value or less, in a year or two.

Sterling is history.  

I'm guessing he selling the team before next season as well. I suspects Silver is about to announce fines, loss of draft picks and suspension. The biggest blow is that every player he has under contract is gone once their contracts are up and that as long as he owns the team he'll never be able to sign another black superstar player. Serves him right!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Kerr To The Knicks

Post  Murph Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Sterling Has No Choice...

Post  Murph Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Sterling is going to be gone by the beginning of next season. He really has no choice. Before this fiasco, Forbes valued the Clippers at $575 million. After shooting his mouth off, I'm sure Sterling has cost himself about $100 million in lost value. I mean, at this point, who is going to pay Sterling top dollar to bail him out of this mess? No one.

However, if Sterling continues to hang onto the team, he's going to lose sponsors, fans, season ticket holders, corporate ticket holders, players, upper management and coaches. If Sterling gets stubborn the value of his team is going to decline steadily for as long as he holds onto it.

Sterling can either take the hit now, or eventually be forced to sell the team at half it's value or less, in a year or two.

Sterling is history.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next