Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty It's slow, so I'm tripping.

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Thanks Sebastian...I'd really like to get Warren and Anderson....those two players would make a remarkable, positive change on our team next year (even as rookies), and if KCP puts in the work this off-season....wellllll.

Looking back over this season (hindsight is 20/20) it would have been so much better if Cheeks had the stones to have started Monroe, Smith, and Singler on his frontline, and brought Drummond off the bench, playing him 25-30 minutes, but once he got "spoiled" to starting, it was all over as far as common sense went. As much potential as Drummond has, he wasn't ready to start this year, but he did deserve to play more than the token minutes Lil' Larry had him playing last year. Experience is the key and Monroe & Smith have more experience than Drummond; this is not to say Andre is not the future of this franchise or is extremely talented, but Monroe was the incumbent starting center and Smith is the $54 million man. I can't say it enough, even though Joe passed on Burke, he should not have traded BK7 and Middleton for Jennings!!!

I'm hoping that this is the last year I'll see Stuckey, Jerebko, Villanueva, Jennings, Bynum, and Billups in a Pistons uniform; I'm willing to make it with KCP, Singler, Mitchell, Datome, Drummond, Harrellson, Siva, and Smith & Monroe as a team to build on...I can't see this squad duplicating our record of this year with proper coaching, and a GM that would make the moves with the available pieces to bring us back into contention.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty T.J. Warren

Post  Sebastian Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:37 pm

deusXango wrote:Everyone knows that we're hurting for a uniquely talented perimeter player, so what do you all think of: Rodney Hood, T.J. Warren, and Kyle Anderson? Just asking, not making any supporting spiels for anyone in particular...all of these young men can score, and appear to be good, solid, team players.

Don, you get to watch a lot of west coast games, what's the real deal on Anderson from U.C.L.A.?

I hear you, DX, and I like Rodney Hood. But, if T.J. Warren enters the draft and is available, if WE keep OUR pick, then I would draft T.J. Warren.

Warren a sophomore, 6'8" SF who can play SG in the NBA, right now! T.J. Warren is the ACC Player of the Year, averaging 24.8 pts, 7.2 rbs, and 1.1 apg. The dude is a lethal scorer, who can get his shot off from anywhere on the floor and get this, he lead the ACC in field goal percentage, too (52.5%); so the kid is efficient.

Yeah, T.J. is a taller version of Joe, and is no doubt the real deal.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Bittersweet

Post  WTF Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Man it was both joyous and heartbreaking parade day and at the pep rally after that first championship and in the same moment knowing we were losing Rick to the supplemental draft. Rick was a fan favorite, always out and about in the city both him and Salley. This guys weren't hanging out at Somerset, they were right there at Northland Mall and Eastland Mall and in the neighborhoods.

I think Fans felt a lot closer to the team than any other time in team history. Believe it or not I still have my Pistons Starter's Jacket and my Joe Dumars jersey.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Answer

Post  WTF Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:16 pm

lemonpen wrote:Gets kinda quiet and boring when your boys aren't in the playoff hunt.

Moosefan you bring back some damn fond memories of the gold seats in Cobo, the playoff game in the Joe, the biggest playoff crowd in NBA history at the Dome, my first NBA Finals in our brand spanking new Palace, and pure joy of seeing an Star-less underdog dang near sweep the Star Studed Lakers.

For me the most exciting thing about each journey to a SHIP no matter where it began was overcomming uncertainty.

Bird stole the ball !!!!!.........damn.
Vinnie and AD knock heads ........ damn.
Laimbeers phantom foul......damn.
The Blazers managing to split the first two games at the Palace.........damn.
Kobe hit the shot!!!!!!!!................damn damn damn

Question:  Other than the 04 Stones, who was the last team to capture a SHIP without the leadership of a confirmed or future TOP 50 ALLTIME player.

I would have to say Seattle Supersonic,    They did have DJ, Silas, Sikma and Downtown Freddie Brown but none are top 50 players. I could say the Mavericks but I think Kidd and Dirk will eventually be HOF and make it in the Top 50.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Looking at our schedule vs the Cavs schedule I don't see how we're gonna land in the bottom 8.... could get ugly round these parts.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty If we only have the 8th pick

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Everyone knows that we're hurting for a uniquely talented perimeter player, so what do you all think of: Rodney Hood, T.J. Warren, and Kyle Anderson? Just asking, not making any supporting spiels for anyone in particular...all of these young men can score, and appear to be good, solid, team players.

Don, you get to watch a lot of west coast games, what's the real deal on Anderson from U.C.L.A.?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Question For A Quiet Forum Day

Post  lemonpen Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Gets kinda quiet and boring when your boys aren't in the playoff hunt.

Moosefan you bring back some damn fond memories of the gold seats in Cobo, the playoff game in the Joe, the biggest playoff crowd in NBA history at the Dome, my first NBA Finals in our brand spanking new Palace, and pure joy of seeing an Star-less underdog dang near sweep the Star Studed Lakers.

For me the most exciting thing about each journey to a SHIP no matter where it began was overcomming uncertainty.

Bird stole the ball !!!!!.........damn.
Vinnie and AD knock heads ........ damn.
Laimbeers phantom foul......damn.
The Blazers managing to split the first two games at the Palace.........damn.
Kobe hit the shot!!!!!!!!................damn damn damn

Question: Other than the 04 Stones, who was the last team to capture a SHIP without the leadership of a confirmed or future TOP 50 ALLTIME player.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Even the village idiot knows it's time...

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:02 pm

...to start the unseen, unknowns; Why not play our fabled "small ball" with CV at center, Mitchell, and Datome joining him up front...the starting backcourt of KCP and Siva would complete the perfect tank-it-up lineup. Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if they went out and won every game they started?

On the serious side of things, it's time for the young'uns to start getting some extended minutes; we're a long way from feeding these young players scrap time and Loyer should know it.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Very well stated Wise!

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:49 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Lord knows I'm a 80's Fan of NBA basketball and man those Bad Boys were a special bunch.  Three straight Final and back to back Champions is really breathe taking, but I think the biggest joy was watching this team grow during the 80's from the time Zeke came in as a rookie along with Tripuka we knew this team was destined for great things.   This was a beautiful time to be a basketball fan but being a Detroit Pistons Fan was even more special.  

I can remember the playoff games at Cobo and battle with NY, the Dome and the battles with Boston, and the Palace man in those Finals against LA.  

2004 Champs should have been equally special, not because we got to watch Chauncey and Rip grow as rookies, but if Joe had picked Carmelo, Bosh or D-Wade and what they could have provided towards this group becoming a real dynasty. Any of these three could have put us in at least 4 or 5 straight Finals.

Looking at today clowns running up and down the court sucks royally all over hyped and under talented.  These players have nothing to offer compared to what we got doing the 80's, nothing we got from the 2004 team, My God they're not even on par with the Teal Years  facepalm 
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Cavs Just Went Full Tank Mode

Post  WTF Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Okay we need to sit Drummond the rest of the season and have Monroe and Josh fake an injuries for the remainder of the season. If we're going to be losers at least act like losers by being the best losers possible.  facepalm 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Think I'll Go To Game On the 28th

Post  WTF Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:34 am

Lord knows I'm a 80's Fan of NBA basketball and man those Bad Boys were a special bunch. Three straight Final and back to back Champions is really breathe taking, but I think the biggest joy was watching this team grow during the 80's from the time Zeke came in as a rookie along with Tripuka we knew this team was destined for great things. This was a beautiful time to be a basketball fan but being a Detroit Pistons Fan was even more special.

I can remember the playoff games at Cobo and battle with NY, the Dome and the battles with Boston, and the Palace man in those Finals against LA.

2004 Champs should have been equally special, not because we got to watch Chauncey and Rip grow as rookies, but if Joe had picked Carmelo, Bosh or D-Wade and what they could have provided towards this group becoming a real dynasty. Any of these three could have put us in at least 4 or 5 straight Finals.

Looking at today clowns running up and down the court sucks royally all over hyped and under talented. These players have nothing to offer compared to what we got doing the 80's, nothing we got from the 2004 team, My God they're not even on par with the Teal Years  facepalm 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:25 am

The only thing that can help Jennings is a heart transplant so he'll fight on defense and go to the rack vs the big boys... Jennings = coward
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty 2014/15 season

Post  Phil-Good Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 am

1. B.Jennings is A broken player that needs to be fixed. Only thing that can fix Jennings is 12 months with Pop and Larry Brown. These Hall Of Fame coaches would take his A.A.U game apart and rebuild it from the ground up. That's what this kid needs really bad.

2. GM. I would keep Joe apart of the franchise. A CEO type of role. Quite but still apart of the franchise. Who to replace him with? Gores wanted Phil Jackson. But Gores will get back to reality or Michigan soon. Nobody with Phil Jackson status will choose Michigan over NY, LA, Boston or any warm weather city. Better start grooming Billups for the position. He about the same age Joe was when he became A executive. I don't see any other really special options. We will see.

3. Mini blow-up. Keep Drummonds, keep the rookie contract players, pay Monroe, keep the glue guys like Singler and J.J. Clean house with the rest of the team. Hit the reset button. Don't push for the playoffs next season. Get young and talented at the 1,2 and 3 positions. Example: Toronto, Phoenix, Portland.

4. Pray to the basketball Gods the Pistons get the #1 pick. Lord, we need it bad!! We will take 8 too but #1 would be really special for the Pistons to get. IF Cleveland can get it twice, we should get it 1 time. We over-due like my light bill every month.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty First time I seen G.Monroe play hard since his 1 and 2nd year in the League

Post  Phil-Good Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 am

Everybody going to say it's because Monroe was playing Center. BULL S.H.I.T!

It's because G.Monroe played like he gave A **** about basketball again. The Pacers game was the first time all season you could see G.Monroe taping into his potential as A NBA All Star player.

The big knock on Monroe coming out of Georgetown was his motor. They were right. Monroe has A very low basketball motor. It's usually stuck in neutral. Last night you saw gear 2. I would like to see it night in and night out.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Massive(good) fallout from last night's game...

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Well, outside of another epic collapse  to lose again, there was other good news from last night!

We got to see Monroe play center with Josh at PF, and I liked what I saw with those two in their natural positions.

They'll never do it, but that combo would be a great 2nd team coming off the bench to spell Drummond and a real PF!

Then the coupe de gras... CV & JJ putting time in as centers... do I smell a tank sound coming from upper management  lol ? Ok, maybe not, his options were a tad limited once Drummond went down(BTW, no word on Drummond! Do his doctors take the weekend off?)

Please keep playing CV as much as possible! I know he looks like a cancer patient, but he's not, he's just faking, just like he's faking that he's a real NBA player, but don't tell Joe that unless he tries to resign him for another losing stint!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:What is aggravating is that they have the exact same record at 25-41 that they had after Lawrence  Frank's first season,  which was the shortened lock-out season.  So almost two years later and now having Drummond, Josh Smith, Jennings, and a more experienced Monroe has lead to zero improvement.  That is zero, none, zilch, nada.   If  you put this in "Ripley's Believe It or Not" a lot of people wouldn't believe it.

Yes but you have to have faith Fennis. This is a secret message just for you from Joe Dumars. You see, Stuckey is still very young and has unlimited potential. Bynum is a diamond in the rough. Jennings is still getting adjusted from moving away from the Bucks team where he didn't get along with any of his teammates. KCP is just a rookie. We have the guards that every other team wants. We can thank Joe for holding his ground and not trading any of those players. And how could I forget Charlie V? Damn it all this guy has had a really rough time because his coaches didn't have enough talent to coach him properly. Everything is looking good. But we have to worry about keeping that number one pick. Joe gave up that pick to the Bob cats because he didn't want to ruin team chemistry by bringing in another player to compete against his amazing guards. Joe will fight hard to win the rest of the games to secure a slightly better record than 2 years ago. This will win the fans over and sell more season tickets which will please our smart owner.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum