Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty How many years will the NBA gift Cleveland...

Post  Oracle Tue May 20, 2014 10:16 pm

A makeup for losing LeBron?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Fellow Posters & Forum Moderator

Post  WTF Tue May 20, 2014 9:58 pm

This is what makes not taking Trey Burke or MCW in last year draft hurts even more.

Mr. Moderator can we please have those dumb ass icons of Joe, Kuester, and Ellis removed immediately please! Time to wipe his history out of the memory books.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue May 20, 2014 9:57 pm

I remember this feeling when Bird stole Zeke's pass.
Whoever the Cavs draft I'll be selling voodoo dolls on ebay.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty SVG

Post  Sparma Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm convinced he'll get better D and better shot selection going very quickly (maybe after allowing some of the fools to play themselves out of minutes).

This team's going to be better next year. Of course, that's part of what makes it hurt that we won't be giving up a worse choice in a worse draft, a year later. Nightmare.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty It's a Stork's Beak Deliver Pain and Bad News

Post  WTF Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Oracle wrote:Joe Dumars "Take thy beak from out my heart"...

Or as some would say,

When the Pistons bend over... keep your Johnson in your pants!

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Cleveland's night

Post  Sparma Tue May 20, 2014 9:47 pm

They're beating the Tigers 5-2.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Sh!t Happens

Post  WTF Tue May 20, 2014 9:47 pm

For those that be cheering for those worthless ass wins this serves you right. Philly, Milwaukee, and the Cavs were tanking from the word go and what did they get in return the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks in the draft.

Bravo to MJ for duping dumbass to give up a pick when Joe stupid could have just simply amnesty Gordon now that have 2 1st round picks. Yeah the Cavs are some lucky Mofo's and Mark Jackson should be their next coach.

But I'm still optimistic even with out a pick because I think they just need to get a busy with free agency. Pistons have talent just no brains and I think SVG is about to take them to the school of hard knocks for a quick study. Just that I was hoping to see Stauskas sporting a Pistons uniform.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Lottery

Post  Sparma Tue May 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Gores is to blame.  He was too cheap to amnesty Gordon.  Granted, he had just let Dumars buy out Rip.  Still, as big a disaster as could realistically occur, coming out of a trade that was a disaster from the outset.  

Also, crummy decisions in trying to make that one year gain pay off with a playoff spot. Again, I blame Gores for foolishly applying the pressure (as well as Joe for making bad decisions).

Still, realistically it might be the difference between giving up the #9 this year as opposed to, say, a #14 next year.  

Total bummer though.  I'm disgusted with the Gores/ Dumars team that led to this and mad at myself for caring so much.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty SVG has a hell of job ahead of him ...

Post  Sebastian Tue May 20, 2014 9:38 pm

WE just got f@cked. I didn't even see how or when WE lost the pick.

Remember, the League office doesn't really like SVG, very much.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty As the Joker said...

Post  Oracle Tue May 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Joe Dumars "Take thy beak from out my heart"...

Or as some would say,

When the Pistons bend over... keep your Johnson in your pants!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty OMG

Post  Murph Tue May 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd lose this year's pick. There is no help on the way. Joe Dumars is still screwing us, even after Gores fired his ass. Joe  

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty DUMARS!!!!

Post  WTF Tue May 20, 2014 9:28 pm

facepalm 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty What a revolting development!!!

Post  Oracle Tue May 20, 2014 9:27 pm

This is TOTAL BS!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty What that ...?

Post  Sebastian Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Wait a damn minute. What has happen to OUR pick? And, how it the hell are the Cavs always getting the 1st pick.

Last edited by Sebastian on Tue May 20, 2014 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue May 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 9 BoHEnrkIEAEqreD
Ha... you slay me... gonna start calling Jennings "Teflon"... on P&Rs he just slides off  Cool 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty LOL!

Post  WTF Tue May 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 9 BoHEnrkIEAEqreD

Reminds me of all the Bullsh!t Joe was selling us  lol 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Wise: Super interesting post!

Post  WTF Tue May 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Oracle my thinking and I could be wrong but it seems like Caldwell with the Lions that SVG has a no nonsense approach and seemed to have done his homework on this team. I honestly don't know if this hiring will work or not but just like Caldwell SVG will be challenged with changing the culture of losing to one of winning. These players just need a kick in the ass right now and SVG been given the power he needs so I hope it works out.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty This is why people have trust issues!!!

Post  Oracle Tue May 20, 2014 7:48 pm

FORUM - Page 9 BoHEnrkIEAEqreD
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Wise: Super interesting post!

Post  Oracle Tue May 20, 2014 7:29 pm

I would be okay with the keeping the following players. Moose, Andre, Josh, Stuckey, Jennings, Singler, Harrellson, Siva, Mitchell, KCP. However its time to let Chauncey, Bynum, JJ and Charlie go. - Wise

I kind of agree with that, even if I'm sad about JJ, I'd rather see Mitchell get those minutes to develop, and Siva to get the minutes Bynum should have been getting, i.e. 3rd guard off the bench!

I could see starting Harrellson a long side Andre and bringing both Josh and Moose ass off the bench.  - Wise

This would have to be an earned thing to happen! IMO, it's more likely that you start Moose and let Josh compete for 6th man honors(if SVG can sell that to him). He could still get high 20's to 30 minutes per game, actually I would give him more minutes than Moose, but let Moose start(a smart compromise, IMO).

But I saved your best for last!

Many before the start of the season thought this team was capable of a 50 win season. - Wise

I still am shocked that we didn't at least hit the high 40's in wins! The talent is here for that to happen, and this team was dominant on the offensive glass at near historic rates!

While we need some engine tweaks, it wasn't the engine, but the driver that slowed down this team. Everything that could go be done wrong did! Joe did get the talent, but it was horribly used, and he screwed up the balance with no shooting(Chauncey totally crapped out)!

Joe got the blame, and rightfully so, but he did put in place a lot of talent to work with for SVG, and he could have hired SVG, but they ultimately went cheap, and Gores is responsible for Joe's failure as well!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Nothing Like A Foot In The Ass To Motivate Talent

Post  WTF Tue May 20, 2014 6:11 pm

lemonpen, I love that SVG has all the power you know kind of like the alpha and omega to all things in between with these players. You either perform or get traded while sitting your ass the bench. These guys have no one to run to and no one to hide behind and my guess is that Gore won't interfere with a single decision SVG makes as it relates to players.

My guess is that SVG will stand my his statement that no trade will be made prior to preseason. I'm kind of iffy with that but I can see where he's coming from with that statement, my guess is that he will sign Monroe to Max Deal though I think it's a mistake to do so, but rest assure Moose won't be taking nights off or given half ass effort.

This also brings me to Stuckey though this is largely Stuckey's choice but I also can see SVG offering him a contract. Many before the start of the season thought this team was capable of a 50 win season. Many of us thought the failings came with the coaching and how the roster was handle throughout the season. When this team competes and play up to its potential and talent they can beat anyone, so if the roster stayed largely the same with perhaps a minor tweak here and there then maybe no wholesale changes are required.

Now if SVG is true to his words thus far and everyone has a clean slate and an real opportunity to compete then I would be okay with the keeping the following players. Moose, Andre, Josh, Stuckey, Jennings, Singler, Harrellson, Siva, Mitchell, KCP. However its time to let Chauncey, Bynum, JJ and Charlie go. SVG should sign the best available PG in free agency and if we hold on to our draft pick select either Stauskas or McDermott. Also if Robinson Jr. drops to the 2nd round and they have a shot at him they should grab him.

IMO Jennings, Moose simply need to be knocked of their Diva ponies and Josh just need to be kept in check. Personally if the roster stay mainly intact I could see starting Harrellson a long side Andre and bringing both Josh and Moose ass off the bench.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue May 20, 2014 3:44 pm

merc wrote:Alright Singler... if you don't bring some positive lotto mojo your ass is gonna be traded.
Come to think of it the lotto pick might replace him... maybe we sent the wrong guy.
Very funny but Singler is a high character guy who actually tries to prepare for each games unlike some of his teammates. I love the post from Lemonpen relating to Van Gundy's comments. Singler is a high character guy while many of his current teammates are not. Stan's definition of "high character" in players fits Singler. I think he meant that to achieve the label of high character in the NBA you must prepare yourself for games mentally so you have the potential to play with high energy and discipline. You also have to work hard on your weaknesses. Stan loves players like Singler and it would have to be a fantastic trade to part with him right now. How many other Piston players fit into that category based on last season's play? Van Gundy hit the nail on the head on his comments. He knows that there are at least 50% of the current players who wear the Piston uniform who will not fit Van Gundy's system. Has he identified Josh Smith as a low character type player? If so will he limit Smith's playing time if Josh starts the first quarter with his eyes half closed like he did often during this season? Loyer made a statement at the end of the season by sitting Smith for the last two weeks. This was the time when our Pistons looked better than any other time in the season. I might add that Bynum didn't play much during that time either. I don't believe that Bynum is a low character type player. Bynum is just a really poor fit for this team in many ways. 

Van Gundy is going to shake things up and it is going to be exciting. Maybe the wins won't come real soon but in two years we fans will not be watching lame dull games. 

Anyway you look at it, Joe Dumars has crippled the Pistons even more with the Ben Gordon trade. I hope we get lucky today and keep this pick but it will be sad next season when we lose it. Damn!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Just Funnin Ya

Post  lemonpen Tue May 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Hey !! How are you guys liking that Adams kid now. Gotta say it was a little eye opening to read how he might make Ibaka a has been.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Tue May 20, 2014 2:00 pm

"If 90 percent of your team is high-character guys, the other 10 percent tend to come along in that direction," Van Gundy said, according to MLive.com. "It's when 50 percent of your team is a problem, they affect the other 50 percent. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but you've got to take it into all your roster decisions, you've got to take it into playing time, into consideration, all those things, and I think the culture can be changed.

"What we can't do is take a shortcut to that. The shortcut is, 'This guy's not doing what we want, this isn't the culture we want, but he's a pretty good player and I want to win tonight's game, so I'm going to put him out there for 35 minutes anyway.' If we have to take some hits early in the season to build our culture, as much as we want to win now -- and it's something we're going to talk about with our players -- we want to win now but we're not going to take any shortcuts to that."

And the easiest way to get players to fall in line? Playing time -- or the lack of it.

"The most important thing we do in this coming year is start changing that culture and start changing the character of this team," Van Gundy said. "I guarantee you we can find five players who want to play. And then, if the other guys want to play, they've got to play that way."

I know they are just words, and they must be backed by actions, but it sure is good to hear how our coach will enforce his will with PT.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Predictions

Post  WTF Tue May 20, 2014 10:07 am

Oracle wrote:Spurs vs Thunder - Thunder win in 5 or 6

Pacers vs Heat - Heat in 6

Kevin Love - Love to have him, but we couldn't keep him from the Lakers, so NO! UpdateCeltics and Knicks after Love

Will we keep our pick - Hell Yeah!!!

Spurs in 5 or 6 and Heat in 6. Indy will lose tonight and choke on both games 3 and 4 in Miami then Heat win at home in game 6. Spurs have a balance that just seems unstoppable and K. Leonard will be talked about like P. George was last season that kid is mind blowing. Thunder will put up a good fight but I wouldn't be surprised if the got swept by the Spurs.

I'll go a step further and jump the gun to say Spurs take Heat in 6 games  rockon 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty K.Love will not happen in Detroit

Post  Phil-Good Tue May 20, 2014 4:13 am

A few reasons why.

1. love only see 1 star he would be playing along side. Drummonds. Love will give you 21 and 15. Drummonds 15 and 15. OK,now what? What other options do the Pistons have?? I like Singler, JJ,KCP and those guys but they role players.

2. No Point Guard. Nobody wants to play with Jenninngs. Nobody has anything good to say about playing with Jennings. 1 more scary fact about Jennings. ZERO! chemistry with anybody on the team this season. Example: Will Bynum and Drummonds. Chemistry from day 1. Who has Jennings ever had that basketball connection with?

The Pistons need to add more talent at the 1,2, and 3. Then people around the league will take Detroit more serious when it comes to joining the chase for A championship.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum