Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty I'm Really On The Edge Of Not Being A Fan Much Longer

Post  WTF Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:30 pm

I don't really care who Gores hire as GM but they damn sure better have basketball knowledge be it an ex player or coach or previous GM experience preferably with experience in all three areas. Just don't tell me you hired someone experience goes no deeper than the casual fan and being in charge of inflight meals on the plane.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty LMAO!

Post  WTF Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Yeah, Singler is probably as good as Tay was for US, but damn that ain't really saying much. - Sebastian

I'm just saying he's a starter based on whatever the needs are. He IMO would be that designated role player or glue guy some like calling him. As DX stated it based on the talent level of the team.

The biggest problem with our team really is this idea of projecting and not actually utilizing skill sets of players. Singler doesn't have to do all the things you mention he just needs to make smart decisions when he's on the court much in the way Tay was used or the way Rodman and Salley was used. You coach and play to the strengths of the players on the team.

I don't want Singler to guard three position, I want him to do what he does best all the time. I want him to do one thing great and then have a coach that knows how to take advantage of it.

Think about this name one PF Moose has been able to guard consitently, name one PG Jennings been able to contain, name one PG that haven't been able to get to the rack on Drummond, name one SG who hasn't shot lights out on the perimeter on KCP and Stuckey, Based on what your saying nobody on the team should start.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty DX, I do know ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:51 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:

Please guys, stop confusing Kyle Singler for Chandler Parsons. Just because Singler is a white guy (no disrespect intended), who wears #25 for an NBA team, doesn't mean that he is qualified to start in this League.

Kyle Singler is no Chandler Parsons.
Whoa, big hoss, let's not get this twisted. Sebastian, I've been in lock-step with you in our mutual belief that Kyle Singler would be best suited coming off the bench as a 7th or 8th man...that would mean our team is loaded with talent, but last year we weren't deep with SF candidates. Once Datome came up lame during training camp (probably exhausted from the Euro League play also), there was nowhere to turn but Singler as our starting SF. No, Singler isn't a Chandler Parsons, but he ain't a Mike Dunleavy either. A starter by default; such is the mess Joe created.

Singler may very well be the second coming of Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Splaining It

Post  WTF Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:48 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, I don't understand the Indy trade scenario at all...if you think we're dealing with a b!tch now in Monroe, wait until you get a load of Roy Hibbert! I don't think Indy would deal with an in-conference team anyway.

I'll have to go Urban a little, Yes but Hibbert is a Ride or Die Bitch while Monroe is just a Bitch. I would never do this trade with Josh still on the roster so when I suggest this it's on that premise.

Indy is missing a post presence and if the team is insistent on having 2 centers I would rather have 2 that can play defense. IMO Drummond would be a far better perimeter defender than Moose and Hibbert is definitely a better post defender than both Andre and Monroe. I'm not worried about the offensive trade off because both Hibbert and Andre does enough that they're going to get points.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:38 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Josh Haters, Josh may want out but I'm treating this news as more of the smear tactics that been going on.  I highly doubt that this happens and he's traded.   Sure Josh is unhappy and he should be and no one wants to be unhappy and he doesn't want to be around players with the shi!t characters of Monroe and Jennings.   Gores is still thinking playoffs and he's not thinking rebuild as some are assuming, Gore will likely remove Jennings and Monroe before he moves Josh.   Don't jump on the media hype to fast is my advice to those wishing Josh was gone.   Don, I would like to read this article as well, where is it

Sebastian,  please explain why Singler can't start in this league.  You see this goes back to my point about expectation of a player.  If expectation of Singler is to simply make smart decisions and play hard as a starter then he fits that expectation but if you're expecting 20pts a game then that's not going to happen.   Singler could be every bit as much as Tayshuan was as a starter on a roster as a role player.  I have to say you are wrong in your assessment of Singler because your expectation are not about chemistry but stats.

First off Wise, Singler can't guard the position (SG/SF). Secondly, he is to passive to be a starter. Note, I said passive and can;t guard the position.

Now, take someone like Batum. He may be mistaken as passive, but this dude can guard three positions on the floor, in fact he usually guards the PG position during the 4th quarters of games. The guy is deadly from three and is smooth as sh!t!.

Or take, Chandler Parsons, who is a hellava player. He puts pressure on the opposing SF, as he can score from anywhere on the floor, with a deadly three point shoot and the ability to finish at the hoop and is a sneaky good rebounder.

Or what about Ariza? Singler can't do nothing with Trevor Ariza.

And, the list goes on ...

Yeah, Singler is probably as good as Tay was for US, but damn that ain't really saying much.

I trust Singler as OUR 8th-man, but no way in hell should he be starting.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Please 'splain

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Wise, I don't understand the Indy trade scenario at all...if you think we're dealing with a b!tch now in Monroe, wait until you get a load of Roy Hibbert! I don't think Indy would deal with an in-conference team anyway.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Yo Wise

Post  Sebastian Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:24 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I was just sitting here thinking that if the Pacers, Clippers and Rockets were all to bite the dust in the first round of these playoffs that maybe they will have to rethink what they're doing.  

The Clippers in my opinion would be a perfect destination for Monroe what is that the Clippers have that we could want in return?  Looking at the clippers that don't have real center and I bet Rivers would love to have him.  I can see Blake and Monroe side by side.

The Pacers in my opinion  Monroe would be a perfect match in Indy as well.  If Josh is traded as many hope and the persistence remains to continue with a line up that includes 2 centers then I would be willing to swap Monroe in a sign and trade for Hibbert and Turner.  

The Rockets, I'm not sure about what trade scenario would work with the Rockets. Josh would likely work better with the Rockets in a line up with Howard and Harden.  Ryan Anderson would be a good fit for us but we would still need to move Monroe or Drummond

You are indeed a wise man. This is the way I watch the Playoffs, too. I truly enjoy the competitive display by the the 16 teams that are participating, but I am also watching and hoping like hell that WE may be able to pluck some bodies from the teams that are losers in their first round matches.

The one that I was hoping for, but it probably is not going to happen - is OKC falling to the Grizzlies with a healthy Westbrook and having their frontline being eaten alive by Z-Bo and Gasol, then WE could probably swindle Westbrook from the Thunder for maybe Westbrook, Jeremy Lamb and/or P.J. III for Moose and B. Jennings. I know, this may not happen, but you are right when teams go down in the first round there will be casualties suffered from their rosters.

But, these Playoffs are the sh!t!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Just Thinking Aloud

Post  WTF Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:15 pm

I was just sitting here thinking that if the Pacers, Clippers and Rockets were all to bite the dust in the first round of these playoffs that maybe they will have to rethink what they're doing.  

The Clippers in my opinion would be a perfect destination for Monroe what is that the Clippers have that we could want in return?  Looking at the clippers that don't have real center and I bet Rivers would love to have him.  I can see Blake and Monroe side by side.

The Pacers in my opinion  Monroe would be a perfect match in Indy as well.  If Josh is traded as many hope and the persistence remains to continue with a line up that includes 2 centers then I would be willing to swap Monroe in a sign and trade for Hibbert and Turner.  

The Rockets, I'm not sure about what trade scenario would work with the Rockets. Josh would likely work better with the Rockets in a line up with Howard and Harden.  Ryan Anderson would be a good fit for us but we would still need to move Monroe or Drummond

The Bulls I'll include them as well. IMO Monroe would look better next to Noah. I think Noah has just enough perimeter game that he could effective moved to PF. I would be willing to swap Monroe for Gibson and 1st round pick. IMO Gibson could be a good match with Drummond. Then and only then would I be willing to part ways with Josh

My Preference is a straight up signed and trade Monroe for Rondo, obtain Deng through free agency. and come up with some trade scenario that land us AA from Orlando and that scenario could include giving up this year 1st round pick. IMO if you tell me that my starting lineup for next season is Rondo, AA, Deng, Josh and Andre and I have Singler, Jennings and KCP coming off the bench we're beyond rebuilding and contending within a years time.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Steve Kerr is the smartest man in basketball - What would he do if he were the Pistons GM?

Post  cool breeze Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:55 am

Steve was an average guy relating to physical skills and nobody gave him a chance to make a college basketball team. So he became and outstanding college basketball player taking his team to the Final 4. Then everyone said that Kerr would never made a NBA team. He has his fingers full of NBA Championship rings and hit the shot that won one championship. Then he became the GM for the Suns and when he was there, Phoenix had a really good team that lost two close series with the Spurs. Once the Suns owner started butting in, Kerr resigned. Then he became by far the best basketball announcer in for both college and the NBA. He knows the strengths and weaknesses of all the key college basketball player who played in college over the past few years. When he announces an NBA game like he did yesterday, his comments reflected the fact that he knows every player who gets playing time and what they bring to their teams. It is just night and day between most of the announcers especially guys like Van Gundy and Steve Kerr. Too damn bad he will not be the Pistons GM or head coach. 

Now what would Steve Kerr do if he were involved with the Piston organization. 

1. First off, he would insist that Mr. Gores pals who know nothing about basketball stay away from any decision making relating to hiring a coach or a coaching staff and also from providing advise on acquiring any new players. Gores has two pals who are part owners. Could this be part of the problem? The Suns had this problem relating to owners throwing their weight around too much relating to operations involving basketball players and coaches. 

2. Dismantle the current roster and start over. Most of the players are not a good fit with each other. 
     A. Smith is not a good fit with the young guys. He is not a guy who sets a good example for other guys who are trying to learn the game. Smith is also not a smart player if you haven't figured that out yet. It is amazing that some of you still want him to be involved with this team. Please look to Atlanta in the first playoff game. That team lacks talent. Perhaps their best player is injured and cannot play. However, the players that are playing have good chemistry and play smart. Every player and ever coach in Atlanta is happy that Josh Smith is not part of the Hawks team. His teammates actually would try to shut him out and not pass him the ball in crunch time last season because they didn't trust him. Come on, this guy has to go before we will see any improvement. You can't have the highest paid player shooting dumb wild shots from the outside, or missing free throws consistently while failing to defend his position much of the time especially when he plays small forward. By the way, Josh Smith hates playing power forward. The biggest reason he signed with the Pistons other than the money was the promise that he would be able to play small forward. 
     B. None of our big men that being Monroe or Drummond play quality defense. Those two guys could not be placed on the floor of any playoff team right now for many minutes. We watch amazing players doing great things on defense in the playoffs and the big guys battle hard all the time. They do not take any possessions off. Our two big guys are young and have a lot to learn about effort and thinking on the floor. I would keep Monroe, Drummond, Jerebco and Harrelison and hope for the best because no free agent big guy wants to move to Detroit right now when they look at our roster. 
   C. All of our guards have issues relating to lack of skills on the offensive end involving bad passing skills and shooting skills. They also lack good decision making skills. I would not be unhappy to see any of them go. However, you can't replace everyone so I would keep KCP, Siva and Singler who can fill in at the 2 guard spot if necessary. We need a huge upgrade of talent in both guard spots. We need at least one amazing defender among the guards and a play maker. The biggest change has to be both guard positions. 
D. There is no way that Josh Smith should ever see another minute of playing time at the small forward position. That leaves Singler. If Smith can be moved than it will be important to sign another player who can play solid defense and rebound and that a guy has to have a high basketball IQ. Jerebco has played some small forward this season and perhaps he can improve and help the team if nobody is added at the 3. Jerebco is a guy who could surprise fans next year. He is in the last year of his contract and can play multiple positions like Singler. He is smart, brings a good effort and is athletic. But both Singler and Jerebco need to get to the next level of performance and I believe that both can do it. 

Everyone says that Drummond is the most important player on the team. However, he lacks basic defensive skills. There is no doubt that he is capable but hasn't played good defense for his entire young life. He has to get up to speed and become a guy who can stop guards from getting deep into the lane and he needs to block shots. I believe he is capable of doing that by the middle of next year. 

Finally who will be the leader of this team? We have no leader. Does that mean that it will be necessary for the new GM to make a big trade to bring in a leader? Perhaps so and it could end up being a really good thing or a very bad decision. A lot of teams want Monroe but he and Drummond might make Detroit into a real tough team in the future. If they trade Monroe and make a mistake on the player they bring in, then we can kiss away any chance of moving up for many more seasons. As it is, I think that the Pistons are a long way off from being a quality team. When you watch the current teams and the guys they can bring off the bench like Andre Miller or Vasquez, then it is clear that the current Piston roster is full of players who could not make any of the rotations on those playoff teams. Steve Kerr would say bust it all open and start over by making smart draft day decisions. Maybe Detroit is a in the draft lottery for several more years before our leaders get it right. That is the price of keeping Joe Dumars on board for the past 6 years.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Too Funny LOL!

Post  WTF Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:05 am

Josh Haters, Josh may want out but I'm treating this news as more of the smear tactics that been going on.  I highly doubt that this happens and he's traded.   Sure Josh is unhappy and he should be and no one wants to be unhappy and he doesn't want to be around players with the shi!t characters of Monroe and Jennings.   Gores is still thinking playoffs and he's not thinking rebuild as some are assuming, Gore will likely remove Jennings and Monroe before he moves Josh.   Don't jump on the media hype to fast is my advice to those wishing Josh was gone.   Don, I would like to read this article as well, where is it

Sebastian,  please explain why Singler can't start in this league.  You see this goes back to my point about expectation of a player.  If expectation of Singler is to simply make smart decisions and play hard as a starter then he fits that expectation but if you're expecting 20pts a game then that's not going to happen.   Singler could be every bit as much as Tayshuan was as a starter on a roster as a role player.  I have to say you are wrong in your assessment of Singler because your expectation are not about chemistry but stats.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Josh Smith wants out, LOL!

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:00 am

Of course he does, and if you were him, you would too!

1. A blind man can see the big 3 only worked in practice as Singler said.
2. After getting thrown under the bus by Monroe & Jennings(of all people), why would you want to be around them?
3. He needs to get on a contender, not a rebuilding team!

Those are the logical reasons, but the big one is #3! I've been posting that one for days, and IMO, it's the most obvious and compelling reason of all!

IMO, Josh will be the easiest one to move outside of Moose, Jennings is the most difficult! Why?

Josh has skills... real definable skills that you can see how they will help you both offensively & defensively if you use him right! More importantly, he has entered the coming off the bench phase of his career if he's on a good team, and that will not only extend his career, it will allow him to get minutes when he's on, and sit when he's not, making his numbers really shine!

Jennings on the other hand can only hurt you, and everyone out there already knew that except Joe, and now they've got even more proof... this cat is an almost immovable object! So we're probably going to have to make do with him, and move his ass to the bench when we can do better.

It shouldn't take an expert to figure out Josh's situation, but him leaving will really benefit the team!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Josh Smith wants out? Where did you guys get this from??

Post  Phil-Good Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:19 am

"I think he has made it known that he wants to find a new home to the owner."

Can somebody post A link?? I want to see where this came from.

Also, Josh Smith should be moved out of Detroit. When Greg Monroe gets his new contract that will be the official end of the Josh Smith situation.

Also, this is not major news but I'm happy the Pistons have the new D-League team. Pluck some D-League guys out and bring them into the NBA. The Spurs do it all day long! I will take A D-League guy who plays hard every night, has A steady jumpshot and is A true professional. Then NBA need more men like this and less 19 year old kids who are not ready to play with GROWN AZZ MEN!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty I'm gradually moving away from the hope of keeping J-Smoove

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:10 am

cool breeze wrote:Josh Smith should not be in a Piston uniform next season. That is the word from the experts. I think he has made it known that he wants to find a new home to the owner. I will celebrate when the news hits that he has been traded. It might be costly for our Piston owner but who knows perhaps some GM might bite on this player. It would be great if we could get any reliable player. Maybe this team will come together with better chemistry. It can't get any worse can it? Stuckey should be moving on as well. And perhaps Bynum can be included in a trade. Could it be that we will finally get some real guards in uniform? But wait a minute. How can a new GM move Jennings????
Don, if what you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, the do-over of 2014 should place us in the strongest position to win since 2008! We acquire a real, top tier SF and PG, for our starting lineup, and we're well on our way to the playoffs...of course coaching is going to have a great deal to do with our success.

I wonder if Greg Monroe really wants to be a Piston. Hmmmm.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Let's be fair

Post  deusXango Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Sebastian wrote:

Please guys, stop confusing Kyle Singler for Chandler Parsons. Just because Singler is a white guy (no disrespect intended), who wears #25 for an NBA team, doesn't mean that he is qualified to start in this League.

Whoa, big hoss, let's not get this twisted. Sebastian, I've been in lock-step with you in our mutual belief that Kyle Singler would be best suited coming off the bench as a 7th or 8th man...that would mean our team is loaded with talent, but last year we weren't deep with SF candidates. Once Datome came up lame during training camp (probably exhausted from the Euro League play also), there was nowhere to turn but Singler as our starting SF. No, Singler isn't a Chandler Parsons, but he ain't a Mike Dunleavy either. A starter by default; such is the mess Joe created.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Smith will be the priority by the new GM to move out of Detroit as soon as possible

Post  cool breeze Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Josh Smith should not be in a Piston uniform next season. That is the word from the experts. I think he has made it known that he wants to find a new home to the owner. I will celebrate when the news hits that he has been traded. It might be costly for our Piston owner but who knows perhaps some GM might bite on this player. It would be great if we could get any reliable player. Maybe this team will come together with better chemistry. It can't get any worse can it? Stuckey should be moving on as well. And perhaps Bynum can be included in a trade. Could it be that we will finally get some real guards in uniform? But wait a minute. How can a new GM move Jennings????

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Kyle Singler is not Chandler Parsons ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 pm

WISEFAN wrote:The problem DX is once they stepped their foot into that pile of sh!t it was hard to get that sh!t.  Truth is Drummond should have never been placed into the starting role at least not this season.  Monroe should have been our starting enter from the jump and Josh should have came in a the starting PF.  

Had it worked out this way then we could better gauge the merits of keeping Monroe or not this summer and the true value of the Josh signing.  It's not an issue of rather you keep Josh or Monroe but rather you keep Monroe or Andre now because that foot is squarely stuck in the sh!t because you can't remove Andre as a starter although it's the right move for the sake of chemistry.  

Offensively the paring of Josh and Monroe make all the sense in the world though not the best defensive pairing it removes the pressure of Monroe needing a mid-range and improving on his defense.   Clearly I'm on the side of keeping Josh and Andre not because I feel Josh is better suited at the PF, but because I think relatively sooner than later that Andre will be a far better center than Monroe if he isn't already.  But at no point in time will Monroe be a better PF than Josh if its tomorrow or 5 seasons from now.  This is why I disagree with the age theory that youth is better when the idea is to win now. I still of the mind that Monroe has peaked and what we're seeing is what will continue to get his entire career.  

But I do agree this organization need to get out of the habit of drafting tweeners and then playing them out of position. At no time should Singler ever been place at the SG position.  I swear I could have made more of an argument to put him at PF before putting in as SG but the right position was SF.  

IMO Singler could start at SF, and I would love to have Stauskas at SG then have Josh at PF and let the decision come down to Andre or Monroe which is what it should have been from day one.  The reason why I think both Stauskas and Singler could work is that both are fundamentally sound and will make all the right decisions on the court.  They don't count on talent alone and will lead by example.  

The key really will come to who's running that PG and they need someone who a pass first PG but capable of getting their offense going when need be. If theres a Trey Burke or MCW to be had in the draft then get him or seriously search for that guy via FA or trade.  

The team can't take back the mistake they've made but they can correct them,  try like hell to trade Jennings at this point keep Stuckey instead.  Decide on Monroe or Andre because both will never work, in spurts maybe but over the long haul of a season never.  It's time to get it right at every position and stop trying to guess at dumb sh!t working or the potential of it working if 9 other things in the cosmos were aligned properly.  

I don't necessarily like Monroe and if we chose him over Andre I would be bent out of shape about it but I would rather the team moved on with Andre as our center and Josh as or PF.  Again stop with tweeners is to much guess work in fitting them in and stop playing guys out of position and know what you have in a player meaning in the case of KCP stop making them into something they're not he was never a shooter and never will be a shooter though he may have good shooting nights a shooter is a shooter all the time and a score is a scorer.  I would trade KCP if they're not going to use him correctly so you either bring him off the bench with the green light to shoot or you trade him.  But his role has to vividly defined.

The thing I love with the Bad Boys everyone role was defined from starter to bench player and expectation were confined and limited to what was expected of them. The same thing with LB and 2004 and 2005 team.  

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Oracle wrote:"The key really will come to who's running that PG and they need someone who a pass first PG but capable of getting their offense going when need be. If theres a Trey Burke or MCW to be had in the draft then get him or seriously search for that guy via FA or trade." - Wise

This is what pisses me off! Ok, I wanted MCW, but I would have been more than happy to get Burke! The bottom line is that where are you going to get a PG better than those two in most drafts?

A freaking choice where you can't lose, and Joe loses by not picking up our biggest need... DUMB!!!

Hopefully things will change and only smart sound decision are made from here on. No more guess work and gambling on the unknown. Again this is why I'm high on Stauskas because you can see his body of work and make a sound decision on him.

Stauskas is 6'6 or 6'7 multi talented SG that has size and can defend. He's smart perhap just as smart if not smarter and more fundamentally sound as Singler. We know this kid has range and shoots a high percentage and quick and can take it to the rack. He's an extremely good passer and always seem to be a step or two ahead on everyone else. More importantly he's a shooter.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:10 pm

"The key really will come to who's running that PG and they need someone who a pass first PG but capable of getting their offense going when need be. If theres a Trey Burke or MCW to be had in the draft then get him or seriously search for that guy via FA or trade." - Wise

This is what pisses me off! Ok, I wanted MCW, but I would have been more than happy to get Burke! The bottom line is that where are you going to get a PG better than those two in most drafts?

A freaking choice where you can't lose, and Joe loses by not picking up our biggest need... DUMB!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Wise on FIRE: Paul, Paul and Paul

Post  Oracle Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:04 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Chris Paul, I was listening to First Take Friday morning and Stephen A Smith said Chris Paul was the closes thing to the next Isiah Thomas, sorry my money say's that would be Derrick Rose and not Chris Paul.  Chris Paul IMO just doesn't have that fire and will to play well and dominate games as he should especially in playoff situations.  IMO he's all talent and no heart comes playoff time where he takes over a game, put his team on his shoulders and win.  Although I love watching that GSW team it had no business being close yet alone winning that game. Man the f@ck up Chris Paul.  facepalm 

Paul George,  seem to be way over his head and I don't really see a true leader on the Pacers, IMO this was worse than the Clippers losing.  Paul George don't seem tho have the heart either now that the pressure is on in having the #1 seeding and the high expectations.   The lesson here would be if they end up losing this series is to STFU and just play come next season because it takes more than having home court advantage to exceed in a championship run.  If Paul George doesn't quickly IMO put on his best imitation of KG and Lebron the Pacers might freaking get swept. Chink in Pauls armor was revealed when he reached out to Lebron for help during a season when he should have been saying f@ck the Heat.  facepalm 

Paul Pierce,  only had 15pts in 36minutes but his veteran leadership was key in the Nets winning in a game I didn't think they could pull off. It will only get worse for the Raptors if the Nets get any kind of mental edge on them the have all the veteran and playoff experience to pull this series off.  The first 2 Paul's are missing what the last Paul has.  clap 

Excellent post...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Hard Choices To Be Made Perhaps

Post  WTF Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:59 pm

The problem DX is once they stepped their foot into that pile of sh!t it was hard to get that sh!t. Truth is Drummond should have never been placed into the starting role at least not this season. Monroe should have been our starting enter from the jump and Josh should have came in a the starting PF.

Had it worked out this way then we could better gauge the merits of keeping Monroe or not this summer and the true value of the Josh signing. It's not an issue of rather you keep Josh or Monroe but rather you keep Monroe or Andre now because that foot is squarely stuck in the sh!t because you can't remove Andre as a starter although it's the right move for the sake of chemistry.

Offensively the paring of Josh and Monroe make all the sense in the world though not the best defensive pairing it removes the pressure of Monroe needing a mid-range and improving on his defense. Clearly I'm on the side of keeping Josh and Andre not because I feel Josh is better suited at the PF, but because I think relatively sooner than later that Andre will be a far better center than Monroe if he isn't already. But at no point in time will Monroe be a better PF than Josh if its tomorrow or 5 seasons from now. This is why I disagree with the age theory that youth is better when the idea is to win now. I still of the mind that Monroe has peaked and what we're seeing is what will continue to get his entire career.

But I do agree this organization need to get out of the habit of drafting tweeners and then playing them out of position. At no time should Singler ever been place at the SG position. I swear I could have made more of an argument to put him at PF before putting in as SG but the right position was SF.

IMO Singler could start at SF, and I would love to have Stauskas at SG then have Josh at PF and let the decision come down to Andre or Monroe which is what it should have been from day one. The reason why I think both Stauskas and Singler could work is that both are fundamentally sound and will make all the right decisions on the court. They don't count on talent alone and will lead by example.

The key really will come to who's running that PG and they need someone who a pass first PG but capable of getting their offense going when need be. If theres a Trey Burke or MCW to be had in the draft then get him or seriously search for that guy via FA or trade.

The team can't take back the mistake they've made but they can correct them, try like hell to trade Jennings at this point keep Stuckey instead. Decide on Monroe or Andre because both will never work, in spurts maybe but over the long haul of a season never. It's time to get it right at every position and stop trying to guess at dumb sh!t working or the potential of it working if 9 other things in the cosmos were aligned properly.

I don't necessarily like Monroe and if we chose him over Andre I would be bent out of shape about it but I would rather the team moved on with Andre as our center and Josh as or PF. Again stop with tweeners is to much guess work in fitting them in and stop playing guys out of position and know what you have in a player meaning in the case of KCP stop making them into something they're not he was never a shooter and never will be a shooter though he may have good shooting nights a shooter is a shooter all the time and a score is a scorer. I would trade KCP if they're not going to use him correctly so you either bring him off the bench with the green light to shoot or you trade him. But his role has to vividly defined.

The thing I love with the Bad Boys everyone role was defined from starter to bench player and expectation were confined and limited to what was expected of them. The same thing with LB and 2004 and 2005 team.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty An Easter after thought/conjecture if you will

Post  deusXango Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 pm

As manipulative as Joe Dumars was, why didn't he stop his coaches (Cheeks and Loyer) from playing players out of position? Win or lose, why not give yourself the best chance of winning?

Josh Smith was signed as an upgrade replacement for Jason Maxiell...we had our starting center in Greg Monroe, but no skilled PF to play alongside him, so how did we get lost with that? #1. Nobody felt Kyle Singler could cut it as our starting SF and #2. A lot of fans were against Josh Smith being signed long before he sat foot in his first practice, and were looking for any excuse to make a case against the wisdom of signing him. Playing him out of position took Monroe and Singler out of position as well, and put Josh in the most awkward position on the team, because of his contract. Where was your interference when we needed it Joe? Drummond's problem was he didn't get adequate PT under Lil' Larry, and coming into this season hadn't shown he deserved to be starting ahead of Monroe, a seasoned veteran, who's game had been steadily improving. His offensive skillset was nowhere near Monroe's, but there was an opportunity for him to play 30+ minutes a night and develop like he has.

We were robbed of seeing just what Singler could have done in his natural position, for another year, and his development as a SF has been stifled also. We have no idea what two exceptional passers from the high & low post, who have great low post moves, would have looked like and what our record could have been, but it's my opinion, it wouldn't have duplicated last years horrible effort! This was Cheeks biggest shortcoming; he wouldn't/couldn't think outside the box...Loyer IMO was just lost as a HC.

Joe's dumb ass should have left Jennings alone, and Chauncey shouldn't have come in with that "I expect to start" sh!t...Knight and KCP would have been alright as a defensive backcourt and BK7 damn sure can out shoot Jennings. It appears that Stuckey and Middleton would have been a more than potent scoring bench as 7th and 8th men (Drummond should have been 6th man). I think Tom Gores is acting appropriately and we will come to appreciate him when things are turned around.

Happy Easter to all who believe!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Clarifying My Comparison

Post  WTF Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:32 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Chris Paul, I was listening to First Take Friday morning and Stephen A Smith said Chris Paul was the closes thing to the next Isiah Thomas, sorry my money say's that would be Derrick Rose and not Chris Paul.  Chris Paul IMO just doesn't have that fire and will to play well and dominate games as he should especially in playoff situations.  IMO he's all talent and no heart comes playoff time where he takes over a game, put his team on his shoulders and win.  Although I love watching that GSW team it had no business being close yet alone winning that game. Man the f@ck up Chris Paul.  facepalm 

Paul George,  seem to be way over his head and I don't really see a true leader on the Pacers, IMO this was worse than the Clippers losing.  Paul George don't seem tho have the heart either now that the pressure is on in having the #1 seeding and the high expectations.   The lesson here would be if they end up losing this series is to STFU and just play come next season because it takes more than having home court advantage to exceed in a championship run.  If Paul George doesn't quickly IMO put on his best imitation of KG and Lebron the Pacers might freaking get swept. Chink in Pauls armor was revealed when he reached out to Lebron for help during a season when he should have been saying f@ck the Heat.  facepalm 

Paul Pierce,  only had 15pts in 36minutes but his veteran leadership was key in the Nets winning in a game I didn't think they could pull off. It will only get worse for the Raptors if the Nets get any kind of mental edge on them the have all the veteran and playoff experience to pull this series off.  The first 2 Paul's are missing what the last Paul has.  clap 

Zeke scored 42 pts on a badly sprained ankle to lead his team to a game 6 Finals victory.  Rose opted out of the playoffs when cleared by team doctors.  There is no comparison between the two.

lemonpen I should have said when healthy and on the court.  When D-Rose is on the court playing his style of play and effort IMO is Zeke like.  As far as playing with an injury I can't think of any player past, or present who could pull that off and especially not present.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Not Hardly

Post  lemonpen Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Zeke scored 42 pts on a badly sprained ankle to lead his team to a game 6 Finals victory. Rose opted out of the playoffs when cleared by team doctors. There is no comparison between the two.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty I hate instant replay in the NBA ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:42 am

cool breeze wrote:I thought the talk relating to Paul being fouled by Green was laughable. Green clearly did not touch Paul in the replay. He got his hand without touching Paul. Yet both announcers lead by Van Gundy kept saying that was a clear foul. Paul made the mistake of the high dribble and lost control of the ball. I have to turn the sound off whenever that man talks. It is amazing that was ever a head NBA coach. What player would like playing for him? 

This was a really exciting game. Again it is a good thing to watch playoff teams play because it is easier to keep your expectations lower knowing that The Piston roster is loaded with non playoff caliber players. What a hard fought game and this series is going to be special.

cool breeze, I agree with you on this one. Van Gundy was doing something that I hope doesn't become a part of the replay circus - examining instant replays for possible foul calls that were not originally called on a particular play that is reviewed.

Did I say that I hate instant replay in the NBA?
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Paul, Paul and Paul

Post  WTF Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:33 am

Chris Paul, I was listening to First Take Friday morning and Stephen A Smith said Chris Paul was the closes thing to the next Isiah Thomas, sorry my money say's that would be Derrick Rose and not Chris Paul. Chris Paul IMO just doesn't have that fire and will to play well and dominate games as he should especially in playoff situations. IMO he's all talent and no heart comes playoff time where he takes over a game, put his team on his shoulders and win. Although I love watching that GSW team it had no business being close yet alone winning that game. Man the f@ck up Chris Paul.  facepalm 

Paul George, seem to be way over his head and I don't really see a true leader on the Pacers, IMO this was worse than the Clippers losing. Paul George don't seem tho have the heart either now that the pressure is on in having the #1 seeding and the high expectations. The lesson here would be if they end up losing this series is to STFU and just play come next season because it takes more than having home court advantage to exceed in a championship run. If Paul George doesn't quickly IMO put on his best imitation of KG and Lebron the Pacers might freaking get swept. Chink in Pauls armor was revealed when he reached out to Lebron for help during a season when he should have been saying f@ck the Heat.  facepalm 

Paul Pierce, only had 15pts in 36minutes but his veteran leadership was key in the Nets winning in a game I didn't think they could pull off. It will only get worse for the Raptors if the Nets get any kind of mental edge on them the have all the veteran and playoff experience to pull this series off. The first 2 Paul's are missing what the last Paul has.  clap 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum