Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Cool, Lemon and Sebestian

Post  WTF Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:13 pm

I'm guessing somehow it's going to work out. I think Gores is going to inadvertently stumble on the making the right picks with the GM. He doesn't know it yet because he has no idea what he's freaking doing.

The Cheeks thing was handle badly but Cheeks was never Gores guy, Cheeks was the rope Gores gave Joe to hang himself with along with his mandate for the playoffs.

I don't think Gores is that big of a dummy. When he brought Phil in here it was likely to advise him on how to get rid of Joe so I wouldn't be surprise if he leans on Phil again even if Phil is working for New York. I just get a sneaky feeling that more came out of Phil visit than what was shown and made public.

Joe was lame duck before the season started hell maybe right after last season ended. Even if we made the playoffs Joe was going to be fired with anything less than pulling an ECF out of his ass.

The media as usual is tossing sh!t at the wall hoping something would stick. Every other day it's a new name.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Lemonpen and Sebastian we must have all had the same nightmare last night regarding the owners of the Pistons

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Who are the other owners other than Mr. Gores? Has Gores turned the team over to the behind the scenes bean counters who wear wing tip shoes? An old friend told me when I was a young man not to trust a boss who wore wing tip shoes? Maybe the new GM will force our players to wear them in games next season just to add to the smoke and mirrors that has already been created.  How many other Piston fans have lost faith in the owners? Will the decision come down to hiring a face man with no brains? 

This is my GM selection for the day - Bill Laimbeer. He has an extremely high IQ so it would be difficult for him to be out smarted by other GMs. He hates soft players so we could be guaranteed that he would rid the team of most of the guards and all the other players who walked back on defense this season. If he can put together a female pro team which in my books would be much more difficult to do than plugging in NBA players who can play together, then why not give him a try? Why would Scott Perry or Allan Houston ever be considered for the job? Houston hated Detroit as a player. Why would anyone trust him to do the right thing as a GM? He got a job in New York and the team sucks. He is going most likely going to be fired along with the other executives who made bad decisions. 

Perhaps Mr. Gores believes that nobody is thinking about our Pistons right now because of the way the team performed this season. He is wrong. All Piston fans are watching with a critical eye because we cannot trust or have faith in anyone in upper management. This new hire of a GM will determine the Pistons fate for the next 10 years or so. Will our team dwell in the basement? This year's team was much worse than last years team in my books. The players were less fun to watch until the last two weeks of the season and we lost all but two of those games. If the new GM cannot remove many of the duds from this season then he should force them to wear pink uniforms.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Laughable

Post  lemonpen Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Having any modicum of faith in the organization to select the right GM or coach is purely laughable.  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol 

Just ten months ago didn't Gores and company complete an exhaustive, comprehensive, detailed, fill-in-the-blank selection process leaving no stone unturned. What did it net us?
A head coach that they felt perfectly comfortable and justified in firing a mere 50 games, 61%, into his first season. Frankly, the more confidently Gores defended his firing the more idiotic he appeared.

Given our unprecedented level of knee-jerk decision making what experienced GM or coaching prospect would entertain the eventual embarrassment of becoming involved with the Pistons. There is likely some accuracy in the list of first timers reportedly being researched for GM B'ball Operations.

Six Championship Drive reeks of discombobulation and maybe panic.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Joe's succesor should have already been hired by now ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:33 pm

cool breeze wrote:Allen Houston would scare me as well as Scott Perry. I like Steve Smith who has a good basketball mind but he is not ready to compete with other GMs. Grant Hill would be a great GM but he says that he is not ready himself. It seems that sports personalities seems to throw out a lot of names with no thought involved at all. I am worried about Mr. Gores and his team being capable of selecting the right person. I am hoping the new GM will be a person who has connections to the college game and knows those players really well. Mr. Gores will need to hire the smartest person in basketball or close to that level to turn this franchise around. It won't be easy and it will take a lot of time due to the problems with our current roster. No NBA team wants many of our dud players and we have a lot of duds. How do you move those contracts? Will this current team of idiots that Joe hired make the call on our draft choices this year? How about that Piston fans. Do you want that to happen?????

Yo cool breeze, I am extremely concerned about the current administration/management of OUR Pistons. In my opinion, Joe was in lame duck status at 3:00 PM EST of the Trade Deadline, when not one single move was made. At that time, WE all knew that Joe's contract would not be renewed.

The successor to Joe should had been identified, then. He (the new President of the Detroit Pistons) should had been announced no less than 48 hours, after it was announced that Joe would not be retained as the GM. (I say 48 hours afterwards, only out of respect for Joe. Again, the new GM should have already been identified.)

Pistons Pals, OUR organization is in a worst state, now, than WE would ever had imagined.

Damn!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Some of the potential GM choices scare me as listed in the Detroit News

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:45 am

Allen Houston would scare me as well as Scott Perry. I like Steve Smith who has a good basketball mind but he is not ready to compete with other GMs. Grant Hill would be a great GM but he says that he is not ready himself. It seems that sports personalities seems to throw out a lot of names with no thought involved at all. I am worried about Mr. Gores and his team being capable of selecting the right person. I am hoping the new GM will be a person who has connections to the college game and knows those players really well. Mr. Gores will need to hire the smartest person in basketball or close to that level to turn this franchise around. It won't be easy and it will take a lot of time due to the problems with our current roster. No NBA team wants many of our dud players and we have a lot of duds. How do you move those contracts? Will this current team of idiots that Joe hired make the call on our draft choices this year? How about that Piston fans. Do you want that to happen?????

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:32 am

Oracle wrote:Once the talent level dips to a level that's too low, the coach basically has not effect!

You're right & wrong about Zeke! Yes his teams would have won, but they wouldn't have been as successful without Daly!

Larry Brown was uncanny in having and finding the exact right matchups and running the exact right play to win games. His coaching alone was going to get you 10-15 games per year.
Larry's coaching cost Detroit a critical playoff game that nobody can deny when he decided to play Corless and who was the other small player at power forward against the Nets in overtime during game 5 with the series tied. Was it Darvin Ham that he selected? This was the season when Brown was having issues with his hip and was missing his family out East. There were two years of this personal stuff that affected his time concentrating on coaching. But Detroit had two good big men on the bench at that time. Brown worshippers seem to always forget his ego issues. And don't forget his spat with Memo and his determination to turn Williamson into a power forward. That never worked but he never gave up the idea. Please ask the players at the time especially Billups as to what kind of coach Brown was during his stint in Detroit. As reported previously, my wife and I sat behind the Piston team in a game against the Suns where my wife asked me about Brown sleeping nodding his head while the game was being played. I think he was on pain meds at the time. Brown was a damn smart player in his time and no coach could match him with his work ethic and attention to detail in his early years of coaching. We got him at his worst in my opinion and the opinion of others close to the team is not flattering. But now I think Brown has found himself again and is back on track like his old days. None of us are perfect and he is a good example of how we all change during our lifetime depending on the pressures we either have or think we have. High school and college programs need good coaches and you can clearly see their influence at those levels. However, in the NBA you have to have the right players. The best situation for an owner in my opinion would be to hire a man who can handle both positions of coach and GM. You have to put your ass on the line if you have to coach the players you have signed. Joe Dumars never had to put his ass on the line and he was protected regardless of how badly he screwed up the Piston franchise. The press is the biggest offender here which makes me think they are all bought and paid for much like the old days of the Red Wing owner owning his reporters and editors in local media. If the Free Press and Detroit News reporters would have put the pressure on relating to obvious blunders relating to draft choices to giving away good players and signing weak players, this team would have been better off because the owner would have responded due to public pressure. Our reporters didn't do their jobs. I would like to know why...

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Playoff Games

Post  WTF Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:11 am

What I've been doing is watching these games and breaking down what each team might be missing and if we have that piece to offer and what we could get in return.

The team I've been most impress with are the Wizards right now. Right now both Indy and Miami should be worried especially Indy. I'm going to give it up for the Blazers as well they look damn good but not good enough to beat the Spurs. OKC is not going to have an easy time with Grizzlies and in a way I'm kinda hoping OKC falls for KD sake. He's never going to get a title in OKC and I would like to see him elsewhere like in LA, Boston, Chicago or even here in Detroit when he does get one. I could see him helping Kobe get his 6th title or doing his thing with the Bulls. He needs to get away from Westbrook quick.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Sorry DX

Post  WTF Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 am

DX, that should have read that I'm not against Kerr as coach or GM.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Overhauling The Front Office and Coaching Staff and other Areas

Post  WTF Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:53 am

Just some names that I think should be added to this organization in some capacity ranging form the coaching staff to office executives..

Jerry Sloan, George Karl, Bill Laimbeer, Steve Kerr, Avery Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Patrick Ewing, Lionel Hollins, Mark Jackson, Scott Perry,

I could see this combination working, Avery Johnson as Coach, Jerry Sloan as GM and Isiah Thomas as scout and Chauncey Billups as assistant GM. Rasheed Wallace, Bill Laimbeer and Patrick Ewing filling out the res of the coaching staff.

Although I could take just about any combination of this guys, my only question mark on this list of names is Hollins I just never been a great fan of his.

Isiah Thomas as scout I would give him complete control of draft prospects and I could see him and Avery being on the same page more than not.

Jerry Sloan as GM I would have complete say in trades and free agents signings, I don't think Jerry would be counting pennies but I believe he know a player true value and won't be over-valuing or under-valuing a players worth.

Avery Johnson I would give him a 5 year deal and 5 years to get me a title but he would be mandated to be in the playoffs every year.

Could you even imagine Isiah, Avery and Sloan passing on Burke and MCW in the draft or Trading for Jennings? Hell No!!!!!

Could you imagine walking into a practice one day and seeing Isiah, Chauncey, Sheed and Ewing on the court whipping on the teams ass in other words taking them to school on how to play? Hell Yes!!!!!!!!! Much in the same way MJ does his over confident rookies from time to time.

Let me throw John Salley and Rick out here as well because I would replace Blaha and Kelser cheer leading asses just so I could turn the volume back on when I do watch games. Nothing wrong with being company men just don't be a kiss ass all the fu@king time.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Best Head Coaches

Post  Phil-Good Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:50 am

Larry Brown is the best coach I ever seen in my lifetime. Nobody gets more out of his players then LB. LB Don't need hall of fame players. Give him 2 NBA All Star players and you will be playing for A NBA championship.

Phil Jackson juggles egos and make sure everybody lives up to expectations better then any coach ever.

Doc Rivers in game adjustments is crazy! Doc can deal with egos and get guys to fall in line. His first year in Orlando was some of the best coaching I have ever seen. That Orlando team finished the season 42 and 42. We got Ben Wallace when that season was over.

I know you guys will LOL at my next two or three coaches I'm about to talk about but I really like these guys.

1. Byron Scott. This guy can coach his azz off. He develops great PG's well, his teams play hard nose defense and he don't play no games. If the Lakers were smart they would hire him this summer.

2. J.Vaughn. Orlando's coach. This guy can coach people! I'm telling you. I think this guy will be the next Doc Rivers.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Don: It depends on if you're playing chess or checkers!

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 am

Once the talent level dips to a level that's too low, the coach basically has not effect!

You're right & wrong about Zeke! Yes his teams would have won, but they wouldn't have been as successful without Daly!

Larry Brown was uncanny in having and finding the exact right matchups and running the exact right play to win games. His coaching alone was going to get you 10-15 games per year.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty DX I'm Againt Kerr As Coach or GM

Post  deusXango Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:The choice of GM could radically change the Pistons culture and identity!

What happens if Gores gets a Laker influenced GM and from a business perspective they decide that we need to be a "Showtime" type western team! Put up the points and try to outscore everybody!

It's certainly a very good short term way to get butts in the seats, and a solid business plan, but it will gut the very meaning of Pistons Basketball!

I'm not saying this will happen, but it's a real possibility!

If I had to guess I would say it wouldn't happen because Gores understand the differences between LA fan base and Detroit fan base.   It would have to almost produce immediate results before Pistons Fans would buy into it and I'm not sure how long that would last.  

I like Don's assertion of Kerr and I believe I tossed that out there as well.  Either as GM or Coach but can't see anything LA Showtime about the Pistons.  

Somebody must have put something in my drink...sorry Wise.  facepalm
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Barkley's comments before the first game last night

Post  cool breeze Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:13 am

the panel was talking about Woodson being fired. Shaq stated that it is the coaches responsibility when things go wrong. Barkley disagreed stating that New York has a bunch of goof balls on that team. He believes that in the NBA it is all about the players and not the coaches as to success or failure of a team. Looking back I believe that the Bad Boys would have been a great team no matter who the coach might have been if they had Zeke in a Piston uniform. He was the guy who was responsible for Indiana winning the NCAA championship as well not Bobby Knight. Zeke is just a wonderful leader as a basketball player. He cannot determine the outcome of a game as a coach especially not in the NBA. Reflecting on the last 6 head coaches for Detroit, it seemed that most of the fans and the beat writers were just fine blaming those coaches for under performing teams. Only recently once it was out that Gores was going to release Dumars did the sports writers get on board for change at the top. How sick is that to know that somehow the beat writers are controlled by the team owner whoever that owner might be. If the editors are calling the shots as to what writers can get published that is another thing but if the writers are bent on not telling the truth and educating the fans then those writers should be exposed for what they are -whores. Joe Dumars created a team that had no chance of success. The last coach fired, Mo Cheeks, had to know after only a few days in training camp that his new team had no chance of getting in the playoffs. So he concentrated on trying to improve his young point guard who was not really a point guard, Brandon Jennings. I have thought a lot about this and wondered what anyone could do with this team at the start of the season. Jennings cannot defend anyone and he cannot run an offense. His strength is shooting the ball and that is it. And he couldn't do that very well because the players around him were all sub par NBA players where when the going gets tough, they disappear especially on defense. I think that Cheeks had the right idea. Try to change one player, Brandon Jennings who signed a big contract that no other NBA team would ever pick up. Cheeks didn't expect to be fired. My best guess was that he thought that he would have 3 years to turn around a horrible team. His thinking had to be that it really doesn't matter which combinations he might use because all of the players were defective in one way or another and especially Josh Smith who had to be treated with kid gloves or he would pout and act like a small child. Smith has been labeled by almost all of his coaches as a guy who cannot be told what to do and is not coachable even with free throw shooting. So if you have your highest paid player rejecting everything the coaches are telling the other players imagine how difficult that would be to create any positive type of team chemistry. Notice that none of the other current Piston players seemed upset when Smith sat out the last two or 3 weeks of the season. The team actually played with much better chemistry although Jennings was horrible and seemed to get worse. The other players played with more emotion and energy especially the last game against the Thunder. Joe Dumars created an impossible situation for all of his coaches and got away with his bogus decisions almost until the end. Some say Larry Brown could have make a difference. No way sports fans. If you have Smith, Jennings, Stuckey, Bynum and the rookie KCP getting all the playing time for most of the season you would have no chance in hell of winning many games. All of those players with the exception of KCP are poor passers, inconsistent defenders, and shoot first selfish players. All of them need to dribble the ball a lot to get their shot except for Smith who will launch from anywhere his impulsive mind tells him to shoot. None of those guys are team orientated players who help their teammates on defense or for that matter set any screens. They all play the same way. There are too many of them on the same team. Talk about having team chemistry. How could that ever happen with those players in the same uniform. A normal GM would wonder how even one of them could fit in with real dedicated players who only want to be on a winning team. It is not important for those players to be on a winning team at all. Just give me the rock. Who needs to run the 2nd or 3rd or 4th option on offense. How do you do that anyway they might still ask the coaches. 

Barkely is correct, the good teams have the good players and they have a lot of them. The Pistons have the opposite right now. It is going to take a long time to get the right players in uniform. We have to be patient and not expect the impossible with the new GM and the new coach. I don't mind Loyer. I like what he says in his post game interviews. He is a smart coach who was a victim like the other coaches before him in that whoever they might sub in would be playing the same way as the player they replaced. The only mistake by Cheeks and Loyer is not saying to hell with it all and play Siva after he had returned from the D league. Cheeks had at least benched Bynum who got another shot with Loyer perhaps because he was told to do so in that Cheeks was fired partly because he had benched Bynum. What will the new GM do with this group. Bynum is still under contract. Jennings and Smith are also set in stone because of their contracts. We will never know how good our bigs can be if those three players are not removed from the team. Most likely Monroe is looking for another home and a better fit. He is a horrible defender and free throw shooter but might be more motivated if the team had better chemistry. We know who the chemistry killers are and the coaching staff this year should make it clear to the owner what must be done if the owner really wants the fans to show up again.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Quickies...

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:49 am

No to Woodson!

Yes to Kerr!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty 2nd best game so far: Portland Vs Houston

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:48 am

Yup I really loved that game, and the outcome as well, DHo gets on my last nerve, and Hardin is coming up short in the playoffs like he always does. I'm rooting for Portland!

But the best game so far was last nights OKC vs Grizzlies game!

That was a game for real men, not one Piston need apply Smile

The level of play was astounding, and what can you say about Tony Allen, his defense is a thing of beauty containing Durant! Allen is everywhere with his excellent nose for the ball!

ZBo was a man among boys! Just willing the Grizz to the OT victory!

I really hope these lowly Piston players are watching these games, just to learn what it takes to be a REAL NBA player!

The bad boys would be proud of those Grizzlies!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Portland Vs Houston game

Post  Phil-Good Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:45 am

Yes, this was A really good game. I could not flip my TV off. I would not say it was A all time great game but I will say this. The Pistons have been so bad for so long; it's been A long time since I have seen two really good NBA teams go at it.

And D.Lillard makes the case for staying in school too strong. This guy is A STUD! When you draft in the Lottery year after year, like Detroit. You pray for A kid like Lillard. He mature, smart, he got A NBA body, he can shoot, pass, everything! Fully developed, ready to play product. He came into the NBA as A ADULT, ready to play from Day 1.

I say this as A NBA fan and A Piston fan. The NBA is bad and needs to set some limits on these kids coming into the League. Because the product is watered down!!!

Potential is killing the NBA! It's time to build the D.League up. For me it was over when the 76ERS owner said that this season was A total success. You would never get that kind of talk in the NFL. NEVER!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:22 am

deusXango wrote:That post on Kerr's qualifications, by Don, as our next GM took me back, but then I gave it some serious thought, and damn, it could be the best thing for us! Steve Kerr addresses a lot of fan concerns across the board; he's smart, personable, experienced in the area of upper management, not a part of "local favoritism" and won't be interfered with by outside influences when it comes to doing his job.

The talk has been about going to New York to coach for Phillip, but why do that when he can race Phillip to the top as the #1 executive of a franchise? As tricky as Phil is, his name should have been Richard. Kerr makes more sense than any of the so-called front runners who hold assistant positions, and he has a current, broad view of the talent in the NBA from researching as a T.V. analyst. I love "the Captain," but I'd trust Kerr more in a leadership role at this point in time.

Don, you hit a home run with that one, now you can go back to Josh hating and promoting Singler as the best player in the NBA.  lol 

dX the only problem is that Kerr would not take the GM job for any amount of money. He is not driven by money. I think he likes the announcing job and having more time to be around his kids right now. But if he would take the job, you can bet that he would figure out a way to rid the team of the current guards. Can you imagine Bynum playing against any of the current teams in the playoffs? How about Jennings or for that matter, Stuckey? If we had a average or below average GM for the past 5 years, those guys would have never been on the Piston's team. It is incredible and I said that last summer. dX you were the one posters who kept begging Piston management to sign some of the guards I have been watching in the playoffs. Guys like Andre Miller who played a really good game on Sunday were just not on Joe's radar. Joe was so happy to sign Bynum and Jennings he was giddy. I'll bet that every other GM in the business was laughing over that.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty I hope some of you Piston fans watched one of the best playoff games of all time - Portland -Houston

Post  cool breeze Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:10 am

I can't get over this amazing overtime game played last night. Both teams are loaded with talent. No Piston player would likely make either rotation. But did our players watch how both teams sprinted back on defense. I didn't see one player slack off running the court half speed which most of our players were guilty of doing this season. If I could pick one man to be on my team is would be Lillard. He is so quick and smart. Doesn't he look a lot like Zeke in his prime? When thinking about this, my best guess is that the Bad Boys wouldn't have ever won much of anything without Zeke. He was the MAN. If we had Dumars in the backcourt without Thomas, that group of Pistons would have not won crap. We have to somehow obtain an incredible point guard or there will be many years ahead of losing. It seems like a few teams have all the talent. This Piston franchise is crap. We have to face the truth. Some of us argue about who should play relating to this current roster but it is all meaningless because almost the entire team needs to be scraped based on the performances I have seen by real teams so far in this year's playoffs. We need more athletic players who can defend and rebound. Even if the new GM does a good job in the draft it will take a few years to get young guys who are 18 to 20 years old up to speed. Knowing this, I will enjoy the real NBA players who are competing in the playoffs. If our team had made the playoffs the Pistons would have had their asses handed to them in every game. All would be blowouts as this team is horrible in crunch time and lazy on defense during the rest of the game.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty DX I'm Againt Kerr As Coach or GM

Post  WTF Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:35 am

deusXango wrote:Dante Exum and Nik Stauskas in this draft to start in our backcourt, with KCP coming off the bench....helluva three guard rotation.

Don't water down our big men by getting rid of Smith or Monroe...sit Drummond down and explain to him that coming off the bench didn't stop Rodman from getting all the defensive accolades possible, but it did earn him a couple of championship rings...start Monroe and Smith, the vets.

Steve Kerr is gaining momentum in my mind for the next GM...sorry Wise, didn't mean to slight you m'man...we need a real, right now, basketball mind and Kerr has it. Keep in mind we need to hire a coach who's going to last at least 5 years and I trust our GM to let that be his first order of business.

If we resign Monroe and decide to keep Smith then the most challenging thing to get done is ridding the team of Jennings...how about Jennings and cash to Orlando for Mo Harkless or Tobias Harris? If they got Wiggins or Parker in the draft, Jennings is an upgrade for the unwanted Nelson. Win-win.

I started this post with what many probably thought me to be drunk so let me explain; I believe in all my heart that this is the year our suffering will come to an end when we actually move up to #3 in the lottery (Exum) and if we loose Smith through trade or Monroe through sign & trade we end up with the 10-15th pick (Stauskas). Drummond needs a much better backcourt than he's played with this year and one that's young enough to grow along with him. Don't, please don't, bring Stuckey back! His presence on the team has been like a curse; let's turn the page on him now that Joe's gone. I hope we don't continue to suffer.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Throwing it against the wall to see what happens

Post  deusXango Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:21 am

Dante Exum and Nik Stauskas in this draft to start in our backcourt, with KCP coming off the bench....helluva three guard rotation.

Don't water down our big men by getting rid of Smith or Monroe...sit Drummond down and explain to him that coming off the bench didn't stop Rodman from getting all the defensive accolades possible, but it did earn him a couple of championship rings...start Monroe and Smith, the vets.

Steve Kerr is gaining momentum in my mind for the next GM...sorry Wise, didn't mean to slight you m'man...we need a real, right now, basketball mind and Kerr has it. Keep in mind we need to hire a coach who's going to last at least 5 years and I trust our GM to let that be his first order of business.

If we resign Monroe and decide to keep Smith then the most challenging thing to get done is ridding the team of Jennings...how about Jennings and cash to Orlando for Mo Harkless or Tobias Harris? If they got Wiggins or Parker in the draft, Jennings is an upgrade for the unwanted Nelson. Win-win.

I started this post with what many probably thought me to be drunk so let me explain; I believe in all my heart that this is the year our suffering will come to an end when we actually move up to #3 in the lottery (Exum) and if we loose Smith through trade or Monroe through sign & trade we end up with the 10-15th pick (Stauskas). Drummond needs a much better backcourt than he's played with this year and one that's young enough to grow along with him. Don't, please don't, bring Stuckey back! His presence on the team has been like a curse; let's turn the page on him now that Joe's gone. I hope we don't continue to suffer.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty No To Woodson

Post  WTF Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Murph wrote:If I were Tom Gores, I'd put Mike Woodson on my short list of top coaching prospects.  Woodson did a great job in Atlanta.  And he did as well as anyone possibly could have in NY.  In 3 years as Head Coach of the dysfunctional Knicks, Woodson managed to coax that bunch of misfits to a 109 - 71 regular season record, including 2 trips to the playoffs...a 1st round exit and a 2nd round exit.

My short list of coaches would include Karl, Woodson and Laimbeer in that order.

I knew someone would bring Woodson up but I would say no to Woodson. This team is just as dysfunctional as the Knicks and needs some serious roster adjustments. Woodson can't impose his will here on this team no more than he did with the Knicks.

This needs a coach that 1. Can impose his will on a team 2. Teach this players and Woodson is not that type of coach. I think Laimbeer could, and I even think Karl could, but Woodson would be just another Cheeks IMO.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Hmmmmm Something To Think About

Post  WTF Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Oracle wrote:The choice of GM could radically change the Pistons culture and identity!

What happens if Gores gets a Laker influenced GM and from a business perspective they decide that we need to be a "Showtime" type western team! Put up the points and try to outscore everybody!

It's certainly a very good short term way to get butts in the seats, and a solid business plan, but it will gut the very meaning of Pistons Basketball!

If I had to guess I would say it wouldn't happen because Gores understand the differences between LA fan base and Detroit fan base. It would have to almost produce immediate results before Pistons Fans would buy into it and I'm not sure how long that would last.

I like Don's assertion of Kerr and I believe I tossed that out there as well. Either as GM or Coach but can't see anything LA Showtime about the Pistons.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Beware... Danger may be coming this way!

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:03 pm

The choice of GM could radically change the Pistons culture and identity!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Woodson

Post  Murph Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:11 pm

If I were Tom Gores, I'd put Mike Woodson on my short list of top coaching prospects.  Woodson did a great job in Atlanta.  And he did as well as anyone possibly could have in NY.  In 3 years as Head Coach of the dysfunctional Knicks, Woodson managed to coax that bunch of misfits to a 109 - 71 regular season record, including 2 trips to the playoffs...a 1st round exit and a 2nd round exit.

My short list of coaches would include Karl, Woodson and Laimbeer in that order.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty I got to give it to my man Don

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:53 pm

That post on Kerr's qualifications, by Don, as our next GM took me back, but then I gave it some serious thought, and damn, it could be the best thing for us! Steve Kerr addresses a lot of fan concerns across the board; he's smart, personable, experienced in the area of upper management, not a part of "local favoritism" and won't be interfered with by outside influences when it comes to doing his job.

The talk has been about going to New York to coach for Phillip, but why do that when he can race Phillip to the top as the #1 executive of a franchise? As tricky as Phil is, his name should have been Richard. Kerr makes more sense than any of the so-called front runners who hold assistant positions, and he has a current, broad view of the talent in the NBA from researching as a T.V. analyst. I love "the Captain," but I'd trust Kerr more in a leadership role at this point in time.

Don, you hit a home run with that one, now you can go back to Josh hating and promoting Singler as the best player in the NBA.  lol 
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next