Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Murph
PistonPete
Sissy1946
lemonpen
FlyDog
Phil-Good
deusXango
Sebastian
merc
Fennis Dembo
Sparma
15 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Just Saying...

Post  Oracle Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:32 pm

FORUM - Page 30 BWlFj7qCcAEvE79
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 pm

First, is that you??? Talking nice about Bynum, LOL!!!

Well DX is right, you could start Bynum and we still make the playoffs! However, as much as I like Bynum, we will go farther with Jennings as the main PG, but I love Bynum as the change of pace PG!

Center & PG are the two positions that can change your fortunes the most, they have the biggest impact possible! The better the PG that we have playing with this frontcourt, the farther we go in the playoffs.

That's why Joe wants crazy ass Rondo! He's a head case, but he's one of the best PG's in the business, and would complete this team, even though he can't shoot to save his life!

"We need to get Isiah Thomas back in this organization as the leader again. You can that this guy is still pure and although he might have worked for different clubs after his playing days, Zeke is a true blue Piston and loves the history he created for the fans. OWNERS BRING BACK ISIAH THOMAS. Zeke will "do the right thing" like our Army Rangers when it comes to fighting wars. It doesn't matter what he has done as a GM or as a coach in other jobs. He will be a winner again as GM for the Pistons because this is the team he loves and he will do whatever is necessary to put Detroit back on top." - Don

You're damn skippy, Zeke needs to be a part of this organization! He's one of the smartest basketball minds I've ever seen, and he bleeds Piston red, white & blue!

I keep trying to catch that Pistons preview, but it's always on at odd times, but I'll catch this show next time it airs!

That Damn NBA TV has been a bit boring lately with all of that preseason crap, so I haven't been paying much attention, but I will.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:32 pm

deusXango wrote:Don, put your seatbelt on, because I'm going to say something that I know you'll find to be outrageous; with the big men we have and the hard working glue guys on the roster, if worse came to worse, we could start Bynum and KCP in the backcourt, and make some noise! These two guys play hard and with the passion it takes to win, not to mention they're really talented.
dX I will say this again and believe this statement is true. The Pistons have the weakest backcourt in the entire league. Bynum and Jennings cannot match up on defense with starting point guards because neither are blessed with solid defensive instincts or fundamentals to be able to stop dribble penetration and opposing guards can shoot over them easily. However, of the two players, I think you are correct that Bynum is a better fit for the team than Jennings because he at least has a solid body. Jennings is an exciting player to watch but is he strong enough to get the pass to an open teammate when he gets doubled. Isiah Thomas pointed out what opposing teams will do against Detroit with Jennings as the point guard in "Piston Preview" on NBA TV. I am not going to get too excited about KCP possibly sitting on the bench for the first two months of this season. He has a big learning curve and learn a lot as to how experienced players like Billups and Singler handle opposing guards. KCP will be a perfect fit for this team featuring the 3 quality big men in time. He will learn how to defend individual players around the league because he has great instincts and good fundamentals that has been missing with other players we have watched over the past 3 years. My best guess is that KCP will get significant playing time by December. He will struggle at times this season which is normal for all first year players and he will be tired when the playoffs begin. We need to hope that for this season some of our experienced guards can play free from injury and play hard every night. I know you are upset that Dumars brought back Billups but I believe he is key in many ways to the success of this team now that I have watched Zeke tell how his teammates approached each game from a mental standpoint. Billups, also, has a history of being a tough minded player who knows what is needed to win both physically and mentally. He has the mental thing down and even if his is not 100% and has lost a step or two, Billups will be saying the right things and showing his teammates about the mental part of this game which will help them become better players a year to two down the road. We have not had any player on this Piston team since Billups left who has this special quality of being a leader and knowing how to push teammates into believing in themselves and how important it is to approach each game the right way. I just wish that Knight was still a Piston and could learn from Billups. I saw a lot of the same stuff in Knight that I saw in Zeke in his first two seasons. Knight has that emotional edge and hates to make a mistake and has those quick feet that Zeke had. We need a young point guard who is a two way player with some size. I think as the years move forward, we will see just what a blunder Joe Dumars made this past summer. But we can pick up a good point guard next summer or before the trade deadline with those expiring contracts.

What I am excited about is what our big men will do on defense. They should be able to squeeze all comers out of the lane and this will be something new for Piston fans.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty DO NOT MISS "OPEN COURT" ON NBA TV RELATING TO SHOW INVOLVING THE BAD BOY PISTONS

Post  cool breeze Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:00 pm

This show is a must see for all Piston fans. Isiah Thomas is on the show with other NBA stars including Steve Kerr who played with Chicago and Grant Hill who arrived after Thomas retired. Zeke is great! He stands up for his Piston team and his teammate Bill Laimbeer. I have always believed that the Pistons in that era just played tough minded basketball and nothing else. Yet, teams like the Bulls created the fiction that Detroit players were dirty players. Zeke said that his teams created a mind set that they were tougher in every respect than any other team and that is how the created the chemistry to become winner. He mentions the much discussed moment when Chicago finally beat the Pistons and why the team did not shake hands. He said that he now regrets what happened but gave a good reason why the team just walked off the court before the game was over. Chicago was up in the series with 3 wins and the day before the final game had a media conference bad mouthing the Piston players and the Detroit team. That is why the players walked off and this was decided during a timeout in the 4th quarter.

We need to get Isiah Thomas back in this organization as the leader again. You can that this guy is still pure and although he might have worked for different clubs after his playing days, Zeke is a true blue Piston and loves the history he created for the fans. OWNERS BRING BACK ISIAH THOMAS. Zeke will "do the right thing" like our Army Rangers when it comes to fighting wars. It doesn't matter what he has done as a GM or as a coach in other jobs. He will be a winner again as GM for the Pistons because this is the team he loves and he will do whatever is necessary to put Detroit back on top.

I have written negative things about certain Piston guards over the past 4 seasons. Zeke is the reason. You get used to the best player in Piston history who had a pure heart when it came to playing basketball for the Detroit Pistons from day one of his career. He wasn't a super Fly jump suit type of person. In this show he tells about how his teammates got together and decided that their team would be 100% professional in every way all of the time. From the way they dressed in a shirt and tie before the games to how they traveled with dignity away from Detroit, Thomas shared his great spirit which spread to every player. Zeke was a fantastic leader and those of us who had the opportunity to watch this man's career are indeed blessed.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty I like this defensive thinking...

Post  Oracle Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:22 pm

This is solid defensive thinking that reminds me of Flip Saunders.

Pistons ready to buy in when Cheeks breaks out zone defense
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Yeah, it was catchable...

Post  Oracle Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:20 pm

lemonpen wrote:
merc wrote:We wouldn't be talking about the coaching blunders if Hunter doesn't over run the home run... it was catchable.
Catchable, I agree.  But holdable, I'm not sure.  I think Hunter was flipping over the wall either way.  Hell of an effort though.
But it would have been one hell of a catch! One that would be shown 50 years from now... in short historic!

Probably right up there just after the Willie Mays catch!

But it shouldn't have come to that!

On twitter people are talking stuff...
FORUM - Page 30 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Baseball 2nd guessing makes NBA 2nd guessing look like kindergarten stuff. Tigers should have walked Ortiz with bases loaded? Insanity.
12:26 PM - 14 Oct 2013
Of course that is insanity, but IMO, they should have at least not given him anything good to hit, and if he walks, so be it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Tori

Post  lemonpen Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:11 pm

merc wrote:We wouldn't be talking about the coaching blunders if Hunter doesn't over run the home run... it was catchable.
Catchable, I agree. But holdable, I'm not sure. I think Hunter was flipping over the wall either way. Hell of an effort though.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty ESPN projects Pistons to win 49 games

Post  PistonPete Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Sounds a little low to me. I'm thinking 52 wins.

This is coming from the master of analytics Kevin Pelton. The same one super high on KCP. I think the biggest X factor is Cheeks. Will he force them to run and attack the basket, run the P&R ad nauseum. The rest should fit together due to my High Glue Factor, my own analytic measurement.

HGF = Singler + KCP + Smith + JJ. More on this later.
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 pm

We wouldn't be talking about the coaching blunders if Hunter doesn't over run the home run... it was catchable.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

Post  WTF Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 am

I want to call JL a dumbass, but I swear I hate Benoit more. Remember Lopez, remember Hernandez coming closing out games? I can't ever recall being nervous when these guys came in to close. Benoit is like an accident waiting happen every time he hits the mound.

Our starting pitchers are beast, but our relief pitching is highly suspect. facepalm 

I love the Pats (Brady) and love the comeback over the Saints but hate all things Boston except for Boston Cream donuts this loss made my stomach hurt pale 

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Leyland is a dumbass!!!

Post  Oracle Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:45 am

Sissy1946 wrote:
deusXango wrote:WTF was Leyland thinking??!!! If the Tigers win it all, it'll be in spite of the manager.
I went friggin' nuts over that Bastardo tonight on Mlive, am under Larry over there if ya got the time to check, he never gave anyone a chance to pitch, 4 relievers right in a row had already taken Peralta out for Jose for fielding & he ends up making a play that he should have held onto.
Okay, got word that Max was spent but it still doesn't give him the right to keep bouncing those guys in one after another.
Show some confidence in one of them, now people see why they say the tigers win in spite of him.
I know the tigers will come back hopefully but he's there to do
the same Sh!t again Tuesday, am tired of his gut check moves, is it to much to ask for Logic along the way?
Even relievers need to gain some rhythm! Old captain hook replaces guys at the drop of a hat, and turns a bad situation into a disaster!

That was one of the worst collapses I've seen in years, and never at this level!

I'm sick of sh!ting bricks while old nero ass fiddles with the lineup, this crap is getting old!

It's going to be tough to come back from an ass whooping like this. It's stuff like this that turns a series in one direction or another!

Yeah, we still have stolen home court, but we also got a fear placed into our guys behind that drubbing, and I hope they can forget it and move on!

Oh well, at least the Lions won and showed some mental toughness in coming back from a horrific first half.

Still, you have to give the Boston area some credit!

1. A fantastic comeback win in the fading seconds by the Pats in a thrilling game against the Saints!

2. Another fantastic comeback by the Red Sox over the Tigers late in the game!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty JL: Over-Managing Again

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:04 am

deusXango wrote:WTF was Leyland thinking??!!! If the Tigers win it all, it'll be in spite of the manager.
I went friggin' nuts over that Bastardo tonight on Mlive, am under Larry over there if ya got the time to check, he never gave anyone a chance to pitch, 4 relievers right in a row had already taken Peralta out for Jose for fielding & he ends up making a play that he should have held onto.
Okay, got word that Max was spent but it still doesn't give him the right to keep bouncing those guys in one after another.
Show some confidence in one of them, now people see why they say the tigers win in spite of him.
I know the tigers will come back hopefully but he's there to do
the same Sh!t again Tuesday, am tired of his gut check moves, is it to much to ask for Logic along the way?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Really

Post  deusXango Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:08 am

Don, put your seatbelt on, because I'm going to say something that I know you'll find to be outrageous; with the big men we have and the hard working glue guys on the roster, if worse came to worse, we could start Bynum and KCP in the backcourt, and make some noise! These two guys play hard and with the passion it takes to win, not to mention they're really talented.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Off topic

Post  deusXango Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:01 am

WTF was Leyland thinking??!!! If the Tigers win it all, it'll be in spite of the manager.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Bynum and his new coach Mo Cheeks

Post  cool breeze Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:16 pm

I have been hard on Bynum based on the way he has played in past seasons. There is something new going through my brain right now that might make me change my mind about his value to this club. Some of you are questioning that Billups and Jennings are AWOL so far maybe suspecting character issues might be involved. Perhaps coach Mo Cheeks wants it this way. This is the time he can work with Bynum and potentially help him become a better player. Cheeks was a defensive expert as a player and he knew how to keep his teammates involved in an offense. Those are two things Bynum needs work on before this season begins if he does become part of the rotation early on or down the road when injuries hit the team. I think if this is happening by design, then we have a great and smart coach. Bynum and KCP need a lot of work. Billups knows what he needs to do to help this team. He is a great spot up shooter and a guy who knows where to be and how to get his big men in proper position to score. Bynum needs work to anticipate the double team in this Piston offense. Zeke demonstrated what will happen by opposing teams to the Piston point guards in the show on NBA TV. Double teaming the point guard when he is entering the lane is one strategy that will be used to screw up the flow of the Piston offense. Cheeks must be trying to get Bynum on the right page and give him as much playing time as possible to put him in those situations so he can adjust and make the right decisions. It could be that Billups is in agreement with Cheeks as Billups is a team first type of player who is no longer looking for his own individual glory. Don't try to read too much into what is going on by players in the pre season unless they are 10 pounds over weight because there is always more going on by the coaching staff than you know as a fan. This is a time for vet players to get in shape anyway they can and a time for the coaches to work with players who have an outside chance of becoming important players for the team. It is important for the three big men to play minutes together right now. And it important for players like Singler, KCP and Bynum to get a lot of reps. Have faith and I will try to think positive thoughts about Will Bynum and hope Mo Cheeks can mold this guy into a powerhouse explosive offensive threat not only as a scorer but generating more looks for his teammates. And Mo can help Bynum reduce gambling and giving him tips on how to stay in front of his assigned player on defense and close out quicker on the shooter. It appears that Bynum is a good student so far so keep it up Will.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:31 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I'm always happy with a win BUT, with the Nets playing it's entire roster I can't be that impressed.  Three games in a row KCP shooting has abandon him and I'm still waiting on the extra-ordinary from him.   Monroe lays down again I do know it's preseason but I smell under-achiever all over him.  I have been very please with Drummond though because all the work he put in has been showing.  His FT shooting has been a big improvement, he' not as limited offensively as many thinks and he definitely have franchise written all over him.  Drummond has been the only player I've been really impress with so far.  

Damn good pitching yesterday from the Tigers, but if they spend too much time worrying about Boston stealing bases they could blow this series.  I'll take a focused Tigers pitching staff over Boston's hitters all day long. I said they needed to steal a game in Boston an now I can see them doing this in 5 games.  

NO BLUE! This team is killing me,  I'll be glad when this team gets back to playing like the Michigan of old when they just seem flawless on both sides of the football.  We just didn't lose to un-ranked teams! now we can lose to anybody on any Saturday.  

Wings just always seem to make some Detroit Sports weekends better. I worry least about this team.  GO WINGS!  

NOT LYING DA LIONS should be 5-0,  Stafford clearly gifted a winnable games back to Green Bay last week. Even without  Calvin and Nate we should have won that game BUT Stafford still plays like he's in his rookie season, his mechanics SUCKS.  If he improved them just a little bit he'll be discussed in conversation with Brady, Drew, and Manning ad this tem would be sitting 5-0.
You covered a lot here Wisefan. It sure will be great when we get to see our Pistons on television for those of us who do not have the good fortune to live in beautiful Michigan anymore.

Great win for the Tigers.

I never understand why a football team would not try to punch in a touchdown and run such conservative offensive plays in overtime banking on making field goals. I was surprised that Penn State, with so many walk ons, could dominate Michigan with their defensive line.

Yes the Red Wings do not disappoint with their effort.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty PISTONS, TIGERS, WOLVERINE, WINGS LIONS

Post  WTF Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:54 am

I'm always happy with a win BUT, with the Nets playing it's entire roster I can't be that impressed. Three games in a row KCP shooting has abandon him and I'm still waiting on the extra-ordinary from him. Monroe lays down again I do know it's preseason but I smell under-achiever all over him. I have been very please with Drummond though because all the work he put in has been showing. His FT shooting has been a big improvement, he' not as limited offensively as many thinks and he definitely have franchise written all over him. Drummond has been the only player I've been really impress with so far.

Damn good pitching yesterday from the Tigers, but if they spend too much time worrying about Boston stealing bases they could blow this series. I'll take a focused Tigers pitching staff over Boston's hitters all day long. I said they needed to steal a game in Boston an now I can see them doing this in 5 games.

NO BLUE! This team is killing me, I'll be glad when this team gets back to playing like the Michigan of old when they just seem flawless on both sides of the football. We just didn't lose to un-ranked teams! now we can lose to anybody on any Saturday.

Wings just always seem to make some Detroit Sports weekends better. I worry least about this team. GO WINGS!

NOT LYING DA LIONS should be 5-0, Stafford clearly gifted a winnable games back to Green Bay last week. Even without Calvin and Nate we should have won that game BUT Stafford still plays like he's in his rookie season, his mechanics SUCKS. If he improved them just a little bit he'll be discussed in conversation with Brady, Drew, and Manning ad this tem would be sitting 5-0.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:52 am

Add Trey Burke to the "fractured finger" club... damn the bad luck... the kid's in for a challenge.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:48 am

Nice job by this small but knowledgeable forum tonight... Kudos fellas.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty What the Fuk was Clown Leyland Thinking?

Post  Sissy1946 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:32 am

Oracle wrote:For the Tigers!!!
JL took Peralta who had 3 hits out along with Cabrera, that would have been great if it was the 8th or 9th inning. Him having the audacity of letting Kelley bat in Cabrera's slot that next inning was ridiculous, 2 runners on with Kelley batting for Cabrera, gave Leyland the "Goat of the Game" Award all by himself, was he thinking about extra innings without Cabrera & Peralta?
Why you don't go with the horses  that got you there earned him this award. We got lucky but the players came through & won it In Spite Of Him, the Goat of the Game Award, that's our Clown Manager.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Piston's Win!

Post  Sissy1946 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:23 am

deusXango wrote:Tonight's win was a feel good win, for me, but the absence of Billups, again, I find a little puzzling; if J-Smoove is on the floor (trying to establish some chemistry with the team), why ain't Chauncey's ass out there? If he can't participate in full practices, or take part in pre-season games, what's he going to be worth to the team, once the season starts? Please, no kowtowing remarks based on yesterdays accomplishments.

Millions of dollars in the bank, but Jennings can't afford the best of dental care? I got a big problem with sh!t that can't be seen, but sounds dubious, like that mystery ankle injury CV suffered in a dream; I believe he missed more games than Drummond did with a legitimate back injury, now Jennings is missing games because of a wisdom toothache. Our projected starting PG down with a toothache; say it ain't so.

How're you going to see a wing man open, and hit him with a pinpoint pass, if you can't see your hand in the door jamb, before you slam the car door on it? How did this "accident" happen? If you're right handed, how do you manage to slam your right hand in a car door? I forgot, we're not talking about a PG, any longer, but a starting SG who has no outside shot; it's a shame that working on developing that needed outside shot will be delayed until well into his last contract year.

A lot of people questioned the wisdom in resigning Bynum, and I include myself in that number, but with the top three PG's out (after one pre-season game), it seems that in spite of the over discussed limitations, he's the best PG candidate we have. He shoots, he scores; he penetrates and finishes at the rim. Tonight he demonstrated that he can run an offense effectively, without ball hogging. This ain't KCP we're talking about, but a veteran, who wants to be a Piston; he's not old and broken down, or a lunatic who want's to be babied, and he damn sure hasn't been an embarrassment or problem, with a diva like attitude, so why not go into the season with this guy as our starting PG?

I loved the young'uns efforts tonight!! After the performance in the last game by J.J., and what Mitchell just did, I'm wondering how long Cheeks is going to pussy foot around with CV. KCP's shot is going to start falling, and when it does, look out!

Let's ignore all talk about trading Monroe, until seasons end; I personally can't imagine any trade scenario, or player that would make this frontline better than what we've got going for us now. FANS keep talking about J-Smoove being a PF, because of his poor outside shooting, but the man wants to play SF! If he's to be our SF, I'm sure he'll start working on improving his outside shot. If we were willing to allow Stuckey to develop an outside shot so he could remain a Piston, why not allow Smith to develop an outside shot so we can keep Monroe on the frontline with him and Drummond?
deusXango: Cheeks seems to think Chauncey knows his body well enough to let him get himself in shape, don't necessarily agree with that scenario but what can we do? Just hope that that situation along with Stuckey, Bynum, Smith, Charley V will take care of itself, I want to see Datome in there to but he's got the hamstring & am also not to happy with Jennings situation either but we are finding out some things we need to find out & hopefully they'll all be ready when we hear the starting bell ring.
That how's he going to see a wingman open & hit him with a pin point pass was hilarious. Am getting anxious also as to I want to see these guys on the floor & getting some serious playing time together, I tell myself to be patient & that it will be here before you know it but still have the anxiety to get this Party Started.
Am glad for Mitchell to get some burn, Jerebko to, was impressed with Bynum more tonight then the game he played at Miami, hopefully that was Cheek's doing & maybe he's listening, am not going Gung Ho on him but he does have some talent that needs to be harnessed, with Cheeks working him he could be a valuable asset, time will tell. Didn't like the turnovers that Smith, Monroe, Singler, Siva had but this is the time to fix these things, am not sure but I think the first game will be on tv is the 24th, wish they showed all of those pre-season game on the tube.
With all these little things happening with this team Iam still excited & looking forward to see how these guys come together: What will happen to Charley V, is he that out of shape where he's blowing this chance, what will happen to Stuckey when he comes back? Will Datome get a chance to show how good he can be, what about Smith & Jennings throwing up  clanging shots, will they play within the team, play team basketball?
Is the difference between college ball & pro Ball's 3 point line a game breaker for KCP? Will he adjust to it? We need him to start hitting some of those shots, he plays helacious defense. A lot of questions to be answered but I can hear Cheeks saying right now, all in good time guys, trust me, I'll have them ready, ok, I can do that but if Frank asked me that there would be no friggin' way.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Sniffing Glue

Post  PistonPete Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 am

Great Win! Big fella showing leadership! Singler is the glue guy and helping Dre hold it down. Bynum showing veteran leadership and in your prime skill. He's gonna be scary good change of pace guard for us as Cheeks continues to hone his considerable skills.

More glue from KCP. Doing the little/big things. Playing hard, running the floor, grabbing boards. Two glue guys doing dirty work, 110%, Singler hitting his shots, KCP not so much yet, but helping glue things together with unselfish effort. Good things coming. When KCP and Singler play we got size and savvy.

Cheeks is getting them to play for him. Team could be shaping up to play like the Bad Boys with different players stepping up in bunches. Dumars got the pieces and Cheeks getting them to work together. If they will play hard for him, even when undermanned or some players (Smith and Moose) don't have great games. We can be dangerous. Dominance in the paint is a given.

Glueing things together, Singler, Mitchell and KCP. Everybody playing within their roles.
It's hella early, but the signs are all there.
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty DX: Questions, and emerging facts

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:40 am

I hear you Bro!!!

BTW, KCP may be missing from deep, but he doesn't let that stop him from getting steals and throwing them down, or hitting his midrange shots, or getting rebounds, or defending at a high level!

The kid is simply just a PLAYER!!! Cheeks may freeze him out early, but it can't last, KCP has way too much talent!

I'm also surprised by Smith's turnovers in two games! It appears he's having a problem adjusting to the speed of NBA SF's! Well, it's probably a learning experience and will get better.

I've already been beaten down about getting on Chauncey & Jennings, but Chauncey bothers me for a different reason, although both are disturbing!

Oh well, a ROAD win is always welcome over a potent foe!

Go Pistons!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Big Time Win...

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:08 am

For the Tigers!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Questions, and emerging facts

Post  deusXango Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:07 am

Tonight's win was a feel good win, for me, but the absence of Billups, again, I find a little puzzling; if J-Smoove is on the floor (trying to establish some chemistry with the team), why ain't Chauncey's ass out there? If he can't participate in full practices, or take part in pre-season games, what's he going to be worth to the team, once the season starts? Please, no kowtowing remarks based on yesterdays accomplishments.

Millions of dollars in the bank, but Jennings can't afford the best of dental care? I got a big problem with sh!t that can't be seen, but sounds dubious, like that mystery ankle injury CV suffered in a dream; I believe he missed more games than Drummond did with a legitimate back injury, now Jennings is missing games because of a wisdom toothache. Our projected starting PG down with a toothache; say it ain't so.

How're you going to see a wing man open, and hit him with a pinpoint pass, if you can't see your hand in the door jamb, before you slam the car door on it? How did this "accident" happen? If you're right handed, how do you manage to slam your right hand in a car door? I forgot, we're not talking about a PG, any longer, but a starting SG who has no outside shot; it's a shame that working on developing that needed outside shot will be delayed until well into his last contract year.

A lot of people questioned the wisdom in resigning Bynum, and I include myself in that number, but with the top three PG's out (after one pre-season game), it seems that in spite of the over discussed limitations, he's the best PG candidate we have. He shoots, he scores; he penetrates and finishes at the rim. Tonight he demonstrated that he can run an offense effectively, without ball hogging. This ain't KCP we're talking about, but a veteran, who wants to be a Piston; he's not old and broken down, or a lunatic who want's to be babied, and he damn sure hasn't been an embarrassment or problem, with a diva like attitude, so why not go into the season with this guy as our starting PG?

I loved the young'uns efforts tonight!! After the performance in the last game by J.J., and what Mitchell just did, I'm wondering how long Cheeks is going to pussy foot around with CV. KCP's shot is going to start falling, and when it does, look out!

Let's ignore all talk about trading Monroe, until seasons end; I personally can't imagine any trade scenario, or player that would make this frontline better than what we've got going for us now. FANS keep talking about J-Smoove being a PF, because of his poor outside shooting, but the man wants to play SF! If he's to be our SF, I'm sure he'll start working on improving his outside shot. If we were willing to allow Stuckey to develop an outside shot so he could remain a Piston, why not allow Smith to develop an outside shot so we can keep Monroe on the frontline with him and Drummond?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next