Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Dismissing Frank Would Be Wrong

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Lemon, let me get this straight and keep it simple; you fully endorse Lil' Larry and find nothing wrong with the decisions he's made throughout the year. You're not talking just to be talking, but you support his return next year? He's good, the team just ain't sh!t, right?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Increasing Drummonds Minutes

Post  lemonpen Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Oracle wrote:Lemon, you may want to read this, it's interesting because if covers some of the discussion we've been having.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

BTW: To everyone, check out the article on the side by Goodwill on Middleton!

Well that was pretty freakin timely. Explains a lot. Let's see if Dre can maintain a level of production that makes both he and Frank happy.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Dismissing Frank Would Be Wrong

Post  lemonpen Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:10 pm

deusXango wrote:Lemon, let me get this straight and keep it simple;
you fully endorse Lil' Larry
No. Can't totally ignore the record.

and find nothing wrong with the decisions he's made throughout the year.
No. But I have greater dislike for some of his players decisions and execution.

You're not talking just to be talking,

That's for me to know and you to figure out (You said be serious, sorry)

but you support his return next year?
Yes. The length of his leash should be inversly proportional to the quality of player aqusitions Joe makes. High quality short leash.

He's good,
Maybe, but better than the situation has shown.

the team just ain't sh!t, right?
A lot of our team is GREEN. A lot of our team has hit their ceiling at an altitude too low to make a difference. There should be 2 guys making a case for All Star consideration next season. (Moose & a new guy)

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!

Post  WTF Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:14 pm

lemonpen wrote:
deusXango wrote:Lemon, let me get this straight and keep it simple;
you fully endorse Lil' Larry
No. Can't totally ignore the record.

and find nothing wrong with the decisions he's made throughout the year.
No. But I have greater dislike for some of his players decisions and execution.

You're not talking just to be talking,

That's for me to know and you to figure out (You said be serious, sorry)

but you support his return next year?
Yes. The length of his leash should be inversly proportional to the quality of player aqusitions Joe makes. High quality short leash.

He's good,
Maybe, but better than the situation has shown.

the team just ain't sh!t, right?
A lot of our team is GREEN. A lot of our team has hit their ceiling at an altitude too low to make a difference. There should be 2 guys making a case for All Star consideration next season. (Moose & a new guy)

I said I wasn't going to touch this subject again, lemonpen is absolutely correct in the way that he assesses the situation with Frank. It's just to damn easy to sit here and point a finger a Frank and say he's the issue especially when you look at the end results in terms of wins and loses.

I was recently watch a showing of First Take and the discussion of Vinny Del Negro being fired this summer. They were saying he wouldn't be fired because of his coaching but because of the personnel he's left with to coach. Basically he's going to get fired because his over-hyped PF and Center can't hit mid-ranged jump shots and have no real post game.

You see what we have at the end of the day is there's no real accountability for players but somehow it becomes Vinny fault if CP3 gets shut down because of it. Truth is Frank has these same issues with the majority of his roster and what makes it worse for Frank is he getting crucified on what people think might happen based on the potential of players and not on what they're actually capable of. Frank can't coach potential no coach can, he looks sh!tty because we have sh!tty players
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Hell no it isn't that clear!

Lemon has a defensible position that I can respect, but disagree with!

YOU can have an opinion, but as soon as you say you're the only one that's right is where you've lost your mind!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty BEILIEN BEILIEN BEILIEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  WTF Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:34 pm

I like this coach but he's coaching a little timid at the moment. Let them play, turn them loose coach is starting to think too much. Cardinals are not the better team......
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Officials Officials Officials

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:43 pm

This is the WORST officiated game I've ever seen at this level!

They miss almost every call in the game!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Oracle wrote:This is the WORST officiated game I've ever seen at this level!

True and they are letting the Cardinals be far to aggressive, half the their team should be close o fouling out. But they are definitely blowing obvious calls both ways in games.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:This is the WORST officiated game I've ever seen at this level!

True and they are letting the Cardinals be far to aggressive, half the their team should be close o fouling out. But they are definitely blowing obvious calls both ways in games.

Absolutely it's both ways, but I agree, the Cardinals are hacking away, and there's no call!

It's disgusting!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm

Wise, Lemon, do you except the type of integrity Lil' Larry's shown coming from your friends, co-workers, family members? Would you feel comfortable with your spouses showing you that type of integrity? You'd feel secure with your boss practicing that type of integrity? You guys actually feel that his actions has matched his words from the day he was hired on as head coach until today?

I respect your breakdown Lemon, and the thoughtfulness that went into proving your point was awesome; I just think that more goes into making a decision on who's to oversee a young rebuilding team, than what Lil' Larry has shown to be about.

Wise, I know that you're ready for a change of GM and your attacking the quality of the team is a direct reflection on he who put this team together; I think you've got the apples mixed in with the oranges. The team is not as unbalanced as it has been, but the record is worse than it's ever been. There's been no one else that I can think of who's backed the decision to start Jason Maxiell for two years running, other than you two guys (it's a part of Lil' Larry's decision making). If the team sucks equally, why did he choose to start Singler at SG for so long? Even after it was apparent that was a weak link defensively?

You really want to know what I'm baffled by? Where the hell is FlyDog, Grizz, Sissy, Frankie D, and Flip? Why have they abandoned the site? Wherever they are, if Lil' Larry is brought back next year, I'm going to join them.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty DX: DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 am

Where you have to question the theory that the players are crap, is when they play like they have since Drummond came back!

This team, when playing like that is playoff capable in the east!

So something else is wrong!

Like the sudden discovery of Middleton, JJ, partially CV, and the emergence of Knight & Monroe!

I don't believe for one minute that this team couldn't have made the playoffs with a better coach, but you have to know the process to get there by season end, and Frank totally screwed that process up.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty This Is A Shame

Post  WTF Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 am

Okay it's obvious the officiating is against Michigan the fix is in.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty A beautiful clean block...

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 am

Is a FOUL????

This is really bad for a championship game!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty THIS CRAZY

Post  WTF Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am

I'm not saying this because I'm a Michigan Fan, but this sh!t is blatantly wrong
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty WE NEED YOU BURKE

Post  WTF Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:39 am

GET THIS WIN!!!!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty The Bad: Burke is the reason for this loss

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:44 am

His silly foul in the first half forced him to the bench, and while they held up for awhile, without him the press worked to perfection and wipped out the lead!

In the 2nd half he did some things good, but he was really wild, causing lost posessions and wild point swings.

The Cardinals had better guard play!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty THAT'S BULLSH!T

Post  WTF Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 am

Oracle wrote:His silly foul in the first half forced him to the bench, and while they held up for awhile, without him the press worked to perfection and wipped out the lead!

In the 2nd half he did some things good, but he was really wild, causing lost posessions and wild point swings.

That 2nd foul call in the first half was complete bullsh!t and the refs clearly had it in for Michigan. The whole Cardinal team should had 3 fouls apiece before the half. Yeah Burke got sloppy with 4 TO's but Burk was hardly the reason we loss.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty THAT'S Even more BULLSH!T

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:07 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:His silly foul in the first half forced him to the bench, and while they held up for awhile, without him the press worked to perfection and wipped out the lead!

That 2nd foul call in the first half was complete bullsh!t and the refs clearly had it in for Michigan. The whole Cardinal team should had 3 fouls apiece before the half. Yeah Burke got sloppy with 4 TO's but Burk was hardly the reason we loss.

First you don't whine about the officials, 2nd, the officials had nothing to do with Burke's bad decision making.

When you're the star and you take yourself out of the game, you're the reason! At the focal point of this loss, Burke will man up to being the primary fault.

His looney fans, well...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty NOW THAT I'VE CALMED DOWN

Post  WTF Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 am

Very proud of My Wolverines, and congrats to the Cardinals. Congrats to Trey Burke who won every single award there was to win this year. I expect this Michigan team will be equally as good next year when you have 5 freshmen who stepped up and grown in a big way this year.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I'M NOT HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU

Post  WTF Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:18 am

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

First you don't whine about the officials, 2nd, the officials had nothing to do with Burke's bad decision making.

When you're the star and you take yourself out of the game, you're the reason! At the focal point of this loss, Burke will man up to being the primary fault.

His looney fans, well...

Deep down I think you're happy not that the team loss, but just so you can say I told you so. Really if this was Knight you be trying to find a way to blame the coach.

Now I never said the officials had anything to do with how Burke played did I? So what are you talking about?

You have this real ugly habit of making up stuff as you see fit
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Wrong, I'm NOTHING like you!

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:25 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

His looney fans, well...

Deep down I think you're happy not that the team loss, but just so you can say I told you so. Really if this was Knight you be trying to find a way to blame the coach.

Now I never said the officials had anything to do with how Burke played did I? So what are you talking about?

You have this real ugly habit of making up stuff as you see fit

Wise I'm nothing like you, you're using projection, projecting how you behave!

You did this, and admitted it about Knight when Grizz goes over the top! You attacked Knight relentlessly for no good reason, except that you didn't like what Grizz did! That's silly, and you won't catch me doing that!

You'll NEVER catch me dissing a player for false reasons, that's your game!

I was, and still am going to write the 2nd part of that post that most thinking people would have know was coming from the title... hint, when you lead a post off with "The Bad", you might expect a followup, but not Wise!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty The NCAA's

Post  deusXango Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:30 am

This was a great year for college basketball, and the championship game was for all intent and purposes, exciting. Could players be questioned? Sure. I choose to applaud the outstanding play of the little known, on both sides. Congratulations Louisville!! I'm so damn proud of U of M!!!

One thing that jumped out at me, and that is, experience tends to trump youth; our Pistons wouldn't win the NBA championship, but they could've raised hell!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Burke: The good

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:37 am

Prior to this game I was leaning towards Carter-Williams.

After this game, I'm 100% behing Burke, and it's SOLID! Why?

Burke shouldn't be compared to CP3 because their games are different, but what I saw from this kid was CP3 capability!

Yeah he made a lot of mistakes, but he had a lot less help than Louisville!

I saw this kid do everything in his power to WILL them to the top and even though they came up short, I saw ball handling that was off the chart and an iron will!

Burke may be short in stature, but he has the heart and more importantly the skill to match! I also like the way, like CP3, he's built on a solid frame!

I'm impressed, and will back Joe picking him, because once he develops(hopefully NOT under Frank), Burke is going to be a monster!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty The NCAA's

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:45 am

deusXango wrote:This was a great year for college basketball, and the championship game was for all intent and purposes, exciting. Could players be questioned? Sure. I choose to applaud the outstanding play of the little known, on both sides. Congratulations Louisville!! I'm so damn proud of U of M!!!

One thing that jumped out at me, and that is, experience tends to trump youth; our Pistons wouldn't win the NBA championship, but they could've raised hell!!!

Excellent point!

Experience is hard to ignore in these games!

Michigan went a long way with the youngest team in the tournament!

All in all, a great showing, and I'm really proud of the whole team!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I second that!

Post  deusXango Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:48 am

Oracle wrote:Prior to this game I was leaning towards Carter-Williams.

After this game, I'm 100% behing Burke, and it's SOLID! Why?

Burke shouldn't be compared to CP3 because their games are different, but what I saw from this kid was CP3 capability!

Yeah he made a lot of mistakes, but he had a lot less help than Louisville!

I saw this kid do everything in his power to WILL them to the top and even though they came up short, I saw ball handling that was off the chart and an iron will!

Burke may be short in stature, but he has the heart and more importantly the skill to match! I also like the way, like CP3, he's built on a solid frame!

I'm impressed, and will back Joe picking him, because once he develops(hopefully NOT under Frank), Burke is going to be a monster!
Oracle, I thought this was worth a re-post; some quotes made my day.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next