Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Yeah Really

Post  WTF Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 am

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Pistons look to finish up difficult season like pros - Detroit News

This isn't a pro team so how will they managed that I wonder. Yeah Yeah I know fire Lil Larry and I agree, but please don't go thinking that after Lil Larry is gone all will be well. This team needs a complete make over! Starting with the Fat Guy!

All I could do was laugh and reflect on the action of the players in the locker room after beating the Bobcats. It said a lot about how brain dead this team is, how out of touch they are with being professionals and what it means in having pride.

Getting rid of Frank won't change anything?

Words of wisdom from the people that blamed Knight and just knew that a true PG was the solution?

Well we got that PG, and it's worse than ever!

Wake up, it's the system!

BTW, I'm getting on the Burke bandwagon. He should be on our list, I love his skills and heart!

Now Now firing Lil Larry doesn't chnage the fact that Knight was an incapable PG, or that the roster sucks. System stinks, but so do the players just a matter of which is the reason for the other stinking.

All the Burke Bandwagon tickets are soldout lol!

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Oh Really...

Post  Murph Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:13 am

Man...now we're getting blown out by the T-Wolves. Just when you thought this team had reached rock bottom, it gets worse.

Yes...fire Lil Larry...immediately, if not sooner. lol

And I agree. Calderon is not the answer at PG. I'm not sure why. He passes well and shoots well. I guess his defense is so porous, that he gives up more points than he generates.

We could always go after Darren Collison in the off season, but he might choose to re-sign with the Mavs. Trey Burke is always an option as well, I guess.

Rebuilding this team has turned into a really long haul. We're beginning to fall into a roach motel syndrome where we can never get out of the lottery. We're begining to resemble teams like the Clippers of the 80's and 90's, or the T-Wolves of the last 10 years, where no matter who they drafted, they still sucked, year after year after year.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Boo To The Two Fans Raining Boos

Post  WTF Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:14 am

Boobirds rain their displeasure upon Detroit Pistons after another blowout loss at home - Mlive

Boo to the 2,000 fan that keep showing up every game. I have access to a suite and occassional floor sits and I'm not wasting gas to see that crap live and in person. So much easier to flip the channel facepalm

One would have thought a near empty arena would have prompted some moves, perhaps it needs to be completely empty before Joe and Gores notice the team sucks rock! Fox really does it damn-est not to pan the arena by keeping the camera focused on the court.

Wouldn't it be great if not one single fan showed up to any of the remaining home games. I mean not a single one.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Yes Really

Post  WTF Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:25 am

Murph wrote:Man...now we're getting blown out by the T-Wolves. Just when you thought this team had reached rock bottom, it gets worse.

Yes...fire Lil Larry...immediately, if not sooner. lol

And I agree. Calderon is not the answer at PG. I'm not sure why. He passes well and shoots well. I guess his defense is so porous, that he gives up more points than he generates.

We could always go after Darren Collison in the off season, but he might choose to re-sign with the Mavs. Trey Burke is always an option as well, I guess.

Rebuilding this team has turned into a really long haul. We're beginning to fall into a roach motel syndrome where we can never get out of the lottery. We're begining to resemble teams like the Clippers of the 80's and 90's, or the T-Wolves of the last 10 years, where no matter who they drafted, they still sucked, year after year after year.

The problem with having 3 and soon to be 4 consecutive lottery picks is drafting best available or what you percieved to be the best available. There's no plan in doing that, not thought of chemistry and players meshing, you're bascially crossing your fingers and toes hoping it all come together somehow. Truth is none of our last 3 lottery picks match and I some times wonder if those picks were done in reverse would we have ended up with the same three players.

This can be fixed I just don't think Joe can fix it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Kravtsov; Calderon

Post  Sparma Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 am

Deus, hope you're right about Kravtsov. I've been encouraged by what I've seen before, certainly for a 3rd string center. Yesterday was a disheartening game, which colors my perception.

Incidentally, while I was one clamoring for a true PG, I didn't say, and I'm not aware of anyone saying, that a PG at the level of Calderon would be "the solution." Chris Paul maybe. I really like Calderon (in spite of the D) and hope he can be resigned for a reasonable amount. Having a guy like Calderon get the whole team involved is preferable to routinely playing 1 on 5 basketball as we did at the beginning of the season (with Knight, but also Monroe, Prince, Bynum, and Stuckey). There's a long ways to go for sure.

We've regressed since Calderon's arrival, but I don't think that means JC's the cause of the regression. Unless your team has a couple of superstars, you need an awful lot of parts to work in harmony, including the coach. Clearly that's not happening. If the second unit were clicking the way it was mid-season or if Drummond were cleaning up some of Calderon's shortcomings, we'd be doing better. That said, I think we need a serious talent infusion in order to become a good team (as well as a new coach). Fingers crossed that that will happen this summer.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty There have got to be some changes ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 am

Thousands, upon thousands of empty seats; blowout loses, both at home and on the road; disjointed roster without any sense of team chemistry; a local press in denial; two uncontroversial television announcers: Blaha and Kelser is what OUR once proud Pistons have become and it is really, really depressing.

If Gores and Joe don't get this thing right, starting the morning after the regular season ends, Pistons fans may never, ever see a winning team in Detroit (or Auburn Hills), again.

The first thing that should happen by noon on April 18: fire L. Frank and the entire coaching staff (Dee Brown, Roy Rogers, Brain Hill, the entire Hee Haw Gang).

By April 25, hire the next Head Coach and allow the hired coach to assemble his own staff. I have been saying, since the first month of the season that Isiah Thomas should be the next Pistons Head Coach and I am sticking with this thought.

Zeke would bring asses in the seats at the Palace and he would help to restore respectability to OUR once proud franchise. Maybe Zeke would hire someone like Rick Mahorn to his staff and other bright basketball minds.

I, strongly believe that Zeke would be the greatest asset possible for B. Knight's growth at the PG position. And, I am on record for keeping Stuckey as OUR 6th-man, the first guard off the bench.

Shortly after the May 21st, when the 2013 draft selection order is determine, Pistons fans should have a clearer idea of who WE will take with OUR first pick. I am looking forward to this date on the calendar.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Fire Joe

Post  WTF Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 pm

This just all show how right I was in 2006 when I was beginning my Joe need to go remarks. I said 2004 and 2005 were accidentally put together that it wasn't some grand plan of Joe's, but all his supporters where just happy to have a contending team and didn't care about what was really happening underneath it all.

Many remained in denial about the fading bench play and just like today, swore that every 2nd round draft choice was some difference maker that deserved PT. I said back then It would be 10 to 12 years before we see another NBA title and we're right where I predicted the team would be. And Joe has been the same crappy GM I said he was back then, nothing has changed.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty The rot is deeper than we first thought, doctor.

Post  deusXango Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Pistons look to finish up difficult season like pros - Detroit News

This isn't a pro team so how will they managed that I wonder. Yeah Yeah I know fire Lil Larry and I agree, but please don't go thinking that after Lil Larry is gone all will be well. This team needs a complete make over! Starting with the Fat Guy!

All I could do was laugh and reflect on the action of the players in the locker room after beating the Bobcats. It said a lot about how brain dead this team is, how out of touch they are with being professionals and what it means in having pride.

Getting rid of Frank won't change anything?

Words of wisdom from the people that blamed Knight and just knew that a true PG was the solution?

Well we got that PG, and it's worse than ever!

Wake up, it's the system!

BTW, I'm getting on the Burke bandwagon. He should be on our list, I love his skills and heart!
Oracle, as Wise stated, and I agree with both you guys going down different roads, "Joe needs to go!" We're a long way past, "who're we going to replace him with? He put together the 2004 championship team (this is 2013 people), ad gag'um." When he chose to rest on his laurels with the Calderon trade and stand pat at the trade deadline, that was his death knell; he's run his course as a GM here. Joe and his cronies, along with Lil' Larry and his "coaching" staff, all need to be swept from the Palace, and replaced with competent personel with Pistons DNA. Joe was Mr. Davidson's man; sad to say, he's gone and so should Joe be. Tom Gores choice in a coach makes me wonder if he has what it takes to make an astute decision for GM.

Phillip Boy, you talked about using the #1 pick for still another tweener in the form of an out of shape Shabazz Muhammad (his lack of conditioning suggests that he's lazy, IMO); what happened to the multiple lottery picks you talked about not long ago? I thought that was a brilliant idea and still do. Where are those proponents of the "trade back in the first round" when you need them? Given the sh!tty state of the roster we currently have, I don't think it's a stretch to obtain as many draft picks this year as possible and allow the cream that rises to the top be the keepers. If our pick ended up being #1 I'd have no problem trading down for a couple of first rounders when we could take a chance on getting Trey Burke and Dario Saric, as an example; two players who could develop into the top 3-5 at their positions within the next 3-4 years when the Heat and OKC have had their run. Drummond and Knight will have fully matured as players by then, and we'll have a team that's exciting to watch, competitive, and the players of today will be faded memories.

The coaching needs are not to be minimized and as Oracle has stated, an obvious need to replace our current coach A.S.A.P. is mandatory; to keep him beyond the end of the season would severely handicap the teams ability to recruit FA's this summer...players enjoy being members of an exclusive and unique brotherhood which Lil' Larry has made a mockery of with the treatment of his players, all except one! A member out of that community who's a knowledgable teacher of both offense and defense, can assemble a coaching staff that mirrors his gifts, and act as a unifying force, rather than a treacherous politician who's only interest is in self-promoting, is what this team needs to heal, grow, and go forward.

IMHO the first 20 players in this draft are of equal talent in certain respects but, only about half of them fit a need the Pistons have; Joe could draft for someone else who has a desired player of need. Name recognition does not mean that player will help or fit in with who we already have as a core group.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Trader Joe's No Trader Jack

Post  WTF Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:36 pm

When Jack got his hands on Zeke he immediately went at the business of billing a team around Zeke then Jack added Lamibeer, traded for VJ, kept the solid pieces like Long, then drafted he drafted Joe, got Rickey and Buhda. Traded a Kelly because the SF need up-grading in come Dantley out goes Dantley because Mark was a better fit, then he drafted a Spider and a Worm.

Jack took chances went for glory, Joe makes dumb choices and it the same old story. This time Joe need to swing for that fence and find his inner-jack by recognizing that Drummond is his Zeke, that Monroe is his Kelly, that Josh could be his Laimbeer, Stuckey is his Dantley and Mayo is his Mark and that Bynum no VJ.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Trader Joe's No Trader Jack

Post  deusXango Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Well said Wise.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Really good responses today

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Let me make this point!

I'm a engineer turned software developer, and when developing a program, sometimes you make a typo, and computers are exact and unforgiving about typos!

When that occurs, you may get thousands of errors, but the mistake is one single character, but the message doesn't always tell you where your error is(this is language dependent as well).

If you don't have a full understanding about the possible causes, it seems like EVERYTHING is falling apart, but in reality the solution is simple!

Here's another example!

You have a customer, and to help them get the work they need done when they are a bit strapped for cash, you want to give them a break. Forgetting what the product or service you will render, you decide that you can reduce the cost by doing something a different way that will result in reducing the cost, but giving you less flexibility.

This is a classic mistake of a rookie! You NEVER give anybody a break on anything that they don't fully understand. Why? Because you can move heaven and earth for them and they'll never appreciate it because they never understood the break you were giving them in the first place.

Where is this going?
The problem is the coach!People are observing the effects of this, but because they don't see how the coach affects every aspect of what goes on, the blame game sets in, blaming everthing in sight because they don't recognize the problem.

However, there is evidence in this case that exists even if you have a hard time seeing how the coach hurts the team.

1. Player regression - Players don't normally regress without some external reason! If you have one player regressing it's a problem. If you have 2 you should be suspicious. If it's a team, it's a trend!

2. Do they seem lost - This coaches system has been in place with these players for over 2 years, how is it possible that they could look lost on defense? Any team can go through offensive woes, but if you've been playing together for years, defensively, you absolutely should be on the same page.

3. Have they played better - This identical group of players have played VERY competitive games against teams, but suddenly they're incompetent?

Are the players at fault? Well, yes, for the same reason that your pants are wet because snot dripped out of your nose from your cold! It's a symptom, not the disease!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty If ever there was a case to fire defensive minded Lil' Larry...

Post  deusXango Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:33 pm

...this is it.
"The best defensive lineup for the Pistons this season included Knight, Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince (traded to Memphis), Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond. Those five gave up just 95.6 points per 100 possessions while on the court together, albeit in a small sample size of just 68 minutes."
-the Bleacher Report 3/27/2013
Throughout the entire season Lil' Larry refused to play the teams best five or give the rookies an equal chance to develop. Is that coaching?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Walkin On Eggshells

Post  lemonpen Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Oracle wrote:When your team performs this badly, is there ANY rational to NOT fire the coach?

If any coach performs this badly, there isn't a single justification I can think of that should save his job!

Even if you think he deserves a chance with better talent, you have to fire hm just to get the change a team needs to turn a corner!
I'm sorry, I even believed that I would have to endure one more season for Frank, but this has to be it!

This is the worst embarrassement I've ever seen as a Piston fan! Frank is getting worse, and I mean a lot worse than I ever thought he could be!

Gotta admit things are getting pretty U G L Y. But, if LF is Gores guy he will probably be allowed to start 2013-2014 with a playoff calibur squad. The leash will not be long and a replacement will be on retainer.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 pm

deusXango wrote:...this is it.
"The best defensive lineup for the Pistons this season included Knight, Rodney Stucke/cy, Tayshaun Prince (traded to Memphis), Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond. Those five gave up just 95.6 points per 100 possessions while on the court together, albeit in a small sample size of just 68 minutes."
-the Bleacher Report 3/27/2013
Throughout the entire season Lil' Larry refused to play the teams best five or give the rookies an equal chance to develop. Is that coaching?

dX is this the fault of Frank or Dumars or a combination of both men? It seems evident that with Maxiell still playing the same role at this time of year that he did at the start of the season that management is preparing us for another season of the same thing and that means a new contract for Maxiell to reflect that he is management's choice as the power forward/center of the future for the Detroit Pistons. Even if Monroe becomes an adequate defender and Drummond actually becomes a consistant everyday player, the Pistons need another really good big man with size and defensive ability to win enough games to make the playoffs. Last night I thought Jerebco played the best of the big men. If any of you could take a full game, Jerebco and Slava worked will together on both offense and defense. They actually made some great interior passes to each other especially Jerebco to Slava. If management is not set on keeping Maxiell than I solute them. That means that management is only playing Maxiell to lose as many games as possible. The chemistry has never been there between there with Maxiell part of the starting unit. Maxiell is sure not a lazy player either. He works hard. But the combination of Maxiell's lack of height, lack of lateral quickness and overall speed, and no special quality such as having a nose for where the basketball will come off the rim on defense, mixed with Monroe's inability to get to key spots on defense how could management have predicted any other outcome for this season?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Oracle wrote:Let me make this point!

I'm a engineer turned software developer, and when developing a program, sometimes you make a typo, and computers are exact and unforgiving about typos!

When that occurs, you may get thousands of errors, but the mistake is one single character, but the message doesn't always tell you where your error is(this is language dependent as well).

If you don't have a full understanding about the possible causes, it seems like EVERYTHING is falling apart, but in reality the solution is simple!

Here's another example!

You have a customer, and to help them get the work they need done when they are a bit strapped for cash, you want to give them a break. Forgetting what the product or service you will render, you decide that you can reduce the cost by doing something a different way that will result in reducing the cost, but giving you less flexibility.

This is a classic mistake of a rookie! You NEVER give anybody a break on anything that they don't fully understand. Why? Because you can move heaven and earth for them and they'll never appreciate it because they never understood the break you were giving them in the first place.

Where is this going?
The problem is the coach!People are observing the effects of this, but because they don't see how the coach affects every aspect of what goes on, the blame game sets in, blaming everthing in sight because they don't recognize the problem.

However, there is evidence in this case that exists even if you have a hard time seeing how the coach hurts the team.

1. Player regression - Players don't normally regress without some external reason! If you have one player regressing it's a problem. If you have 2 you should be suspicious. If it's a team, it's a trend!

2. Do they seem lost - This coaches system has been in place with these players for over 2 years, how is it possible that they could look lost on defense? Any team can go through offensive woes, but if you've been playing together for years, defensively, you absolutely should be on the same page.

3. Have they played better - This identical group of players have played VERY competitive games against teams, but suddenly they're incompetent?

Are the players at fault? Well, yes, for the same reason that your pants are wet because snot dripped out of your nose from your cold! It's a symptom, not the disease!

Another great post Oracle.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Keep it up Piston management. You have the formula for losing. we need to lose games right to the end

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Last night I decided to cheer for Piston coaches and most likey Joe Dumars who might be in the background telling Frank which combinations to use in games. Even though management is hopefull that their chosen players will somehow shine late in the season to fool season ticket holders, we fans know better. The only thing that fans can cheer for is the hope that our team will lose all of the remaining games. Games must be lost to improve our position in the draft. So when I see Charlie V and Maxiell getting critical playing time, I say good job management. Keep up the good work. Charlie v especially knows how to create special situations where the opposing teams can get easy layups. Calderon has difficulty stopping dribble penetration so Frank uses Charlie to plug up the holes in the defense maybe knowing that Charlie would be the worst player in the NBA to do that job. Want more key missed shots, well just plug in Charlie V and encourage him to stand around outside to spread the defense and miss long range shots so the opposing team can start a fast break.

On the serious side, I noticed that English runs the offense just as well as any of the alleged point guards on this team. He played better defense than Stuckey or Calderon as well and hit a lot of his shots. Meanwhile, management played Knight who was limping noticably on the sidelines in the last game. Why in hell is Knight playing while being injured? The only positive thing that I could get out of that was Knight was not at full strength so there was no way that he could play well which could help the team lose that game. It is crazy that the Timberwolves have a similar record as Detroit. That team has a real bright future. How about that big center dominating Monroe all night? I sure wish that Detroit could get some of their players next year when we can cheer for the team to win games.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Well said Wise.

Post  Phil-Good Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Wise. You never said anything well except for that you are A JERK lol lol

Now get back to your Joe bashing. You going to be SICK when we win the NBA championship in 3 or 4 years from today! And Joe will still be the GM, pulling all the strings!

You really going to be sick when the Pistons make the playoff next season...

I said it first!!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Sour Pee Boy Shat Up!

Post  WTF Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:Wise. You never said anything well except for that you are A JERK lol lol

Now get back to your Joe bashing. You going to be SICK when we win the NBA championship in 3 or 4 years from today! And Joe will still be the GM, pulling all the strings!

You really going to be sick when the Pistons make the playoff next season...

I said it first!!!!

Yeah sick from waiting...14 years on a title since 2004.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Losing has more to do with too many Piston players being inferior defenders than the drama about Bynum's injured hand and Drummond's back injury

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 pm

More smoke screen and mirrors planted by Vincent Goodwill under instructions by Joe Dumars to fool Piston fans as to why this team has sucked for most of the entire season again. It all goes back to Joe Dumars belief when the NBA front office changed the defensive rules on contact. Joe over reacted and his decison making alone as been the key reason why the Detroit Pistons cannot compete with the quality teams. In other words, Joe decided that defense was a secondary thing and decided to ignore the flaws in the players he signed hoping that their offensive skills would outweigh their inability to stop an 80 year old grandmother from driving into the lane at a key point in a game and making an easy layup. Sure Frank's system might be flawed. He insists on creating a defense that only good defenders could execute well in it. But Vincent Goodwill and his articles on Bynum's hand injury makes me laugh. I am not happy that Will is injured but how did Bynum play defense when he was healthy? Everyone can score in the NBA. If you are a good team like Miami, you decide that you have to stop opposing players from scoring if you expect to win. Frank wants to win. But Frank doesn't have enough solid defensive minded players who will sacrifice for their teammates to make the system work. Frank needed to create a defense designed for extremely weak defensive players. You cannot have slow guys like Monroe poping out to the 3 point line all night long and expect another weak defender and rebounder, Maxiell, to handle his man and Monroe's man when the shot goes up. Same goes for guards who cannot stop dribble penetration or recover and get out on the long ball shooters. All NBA teams know Detroit's biggest weakness and they exploit it every game. When Charlie V enters the game or Bynum they know they will have an advantage when they go on offense. All they have to do is stop those two guys when they play defense or control them a little bit because both will give up more points than they will make. To Frank's credit, for a long spell earlier this season, he didn't play Charlie V, knowing that Charlie was capable of destroying any defense he has ever played on. But Charlie got into a few games and scored a bunch and the same can be said for Bynum. But you would never see those two guys on any good playoff team. It goes way back to Iverson-Billups. Iverson could not play a lick of defense at that point in his career when he came to Detroit. Billups really helped Denver improve their defense. Billups spoke up with Denver management telling them that Affalo would really help improve Denver's defense and Mr. Dumars was happy to give him away. How can you enjoy watching as a fan when you see Detroit players that Dumars has selected in the past. The devil is in the details as how you get from point A to point B. Joe needs some helpful advise before he makes any additional errors in judgment going forward. We need a new coaching staff but the front office is the key thing more than anything right now. The coaching staff before Frank took a lot of heat. Dumars players revolted and ran the ship. Dumars stayed in the background when he should have been a leader. He was the head man for God's sake. Imagine what you would have done at the time when those players were just going through the motions game after game if you had Joe Dumars job. You would have been pissed off and would have done something to shake things up. Dumars did nothing and let the coaching staff take all the blame. It is now up to Joe Dumars to bring in players who can compete on the defensive end consistantly. Enough of the circus tricks Joe.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty You Have To Dig Through A Lot Sh!t To Get To LF

Post  WTF Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 pm

Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports

Lawrence Frank might be looking for a job when the season ends for his Detroit Pistons, who have the fourth worst record in the NBA.

No one knows for sure yet and the failure of the Pistons is obviously more of a players’ issue.

The Pistons could have a drastic new look with several players eligible for free agency and others that can be bought out. General manager Joe Dumars has been trying to free up as much salary cap space as possible. But no major name player who can make a difference is likely to come to a franchise that’s on a four-year youth movement kick that hasn’t yielded many positive results so far.

Any coach the Pistons get isn’t likely to be any better than Frank, who is in a long line of coaches who realize there’s no job security in Detroit.

Of the last eight Pistons coaches, only one has lasted more than two NBA seasons, and that exception was for three seasons. Regardless of records, Dumars has usually liked making a change after two years. With new team ownership and restless fans who blame Dumars for the team’s failures as much as anyone else, the Pistons GM might want to focus on new personnel and let Frank give it one more year. Unlike his predecessor, John Kuester, Frank seems to have the respect of his players and an amiable relationship.
But this was a team that was supposed to challenge for the playoffs. After his team lost to the Minnesota Timberwolves Wednesdays night, Frank echoed his latest lament.

“I just thought offensively, we didn’t put a whole lot into the game offensively, in terms of we didn’t do a lot to help each other,” he said. “We missed some shots, but we were walking into actions, not sprinting into screens, not holding screens, not rolling hard to the basket. We got frustrated that we didn’t make shots.”

Read more at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty ATTENTION IN THE COMPOUND!!!

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 am

For all fans that actually buy into the line of thinking that the Pistons record is the players fault (thus absolving Lil' Larry) and that a "playoff roster" will prevent these long stretch's of loosing, good luck!
For all fans that actually buy into the line of thinking that Joe Dumars, being this mysterious behind the scenes puppet master and manipuulator, is the reason for who's played and who wasn't (thus absolving Lil' Larry), I'm suggesting a medication change!
For all fans that're actually impressed with Maxiell's defense and effort this year, and believe that it's been greater than what (ancient) Ben Wallace could have brought to the teams overall defense, will be fully excepting of his return next year! (He's coming back but, you want to trade a 22 year old Monroe.) Great.
It made sense to sign Kravtsov for a million dollars to replace Macklin sitting on the bench for $400,000 because he's taller? For all fans that actually buy into that line of thinking I have concern and compassion for.
Speaking of Kravtsov and Macklin, whoever is willing to absolve Lil' Larry of the decision to start and play Maxiell for extended minutes, not only over those two players, but Drummond as well, have got to be related to both Lil' Larry and Maxiell! (Maxiell is the BEST big man the Pistons have had the last two seasons? Sh!!!!!!!!!!!t.)

We don't know what a playoff roster looks like in a Pistons uniform anymore, it's a bias based belief that Dumars (and I no longer support him as GM) is responsible for Lil' Larry's faulty decision making, and Maxiell hasn't been a more practical answer to pair with Monroe than Wallace, Macklin, Kravtsov, and Drummond, ir we were serious about making the playoffs! If Monroe's defense is inadequte as some make a big deal out of, why has he been a man on an island alone, and the biggest Piston to start for us for the last two years? After told to work on his PF game and to play the entire season at center again, no wonder he's regressed; he's tired and fed up, and IMHO, that's the reason he wants out of Detroit...Grant Hill 2.0!!!

We bring back Lil' Larry (for whatever reason), don't trade Stuckey (because he suddenly doesn't have any value), re-signs Maxiell (or Bynum), and fail to land at least two of the top three FA's (if we don't then money is not the issue), our pain has just begun; the drafting of Shabazz Mohammad in the lottery will be the icing on a sh!t cake...far from what we need!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Dx has the right instincts

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:50 am

"For all fans that actually buy into the line of thinking that the Pistons record is the players fault (thus absolving Lil' Larry) and that a "playoff roster" will prevent these long stretch's of loosing, good luck!" - DX

DX, good instincts always lead you in the right direction!

Wise, please don't quote guys that have never laced up for organized ball, or have never been around basketball close enough to know what they're talking about. That guy is a life long baseball writer for little league crap, and in todays media, where they need a million stories, they find lame arse writers who shouldn't even get your attention. They're not always wrong, but you should at least make them pass the smell test!

Lemon, there is absolutely no logical reason to have or want Frank back, but as you said, there may be a political one if he's Gores boy, but here I caution them!

If you have the kind of talent that we have, it's like a hair pin trigger! You have to be good just to not fire it when you don't want to, i.e. you have no margin for error!

That's the Pistons! In terms of coaching this team, because of the youth, inexperience, and injury, there is virtually no margin for error, even earlier in the season!

In that situation, a poor coaches errors will be magnified, and it all looks like crap. Yeah giving Frank a better team will make him look better, but it will only be because we've increased his margin for error, but that doesn't mean the coach is any better, and you certainly won't get optimum performance from that coach, so what's the point?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Andre Drummond might play on Friday vs. Raptors

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 am

WTF? Is Andre Drummond now a carrot on a stick? He was played less than 20 minutes a night for the coach who's ass he would be saving if he returned.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:19 am

Oracle wrote:"For all fans that actually buy into the line of thinking that the Pistons record is the players fault (thus absolving Lil' Larry) and that a "playoff roster" will prevent these long stretch's of loosing, good luck!" - DX

DX, good instincts always lead you in the right direction!

Wise, please don't quote guys that have never laced up for organized ball, or have never been around basketball close enough to know what they're talking about. That guy is a life long baseball writer for little league crap, and in todays media, where they need a million stories, they find lame arse writers who shouldn't even get your attention. They're not always wrong, but you should at least make them pass the smell test!

Lemon, there is absolutely no logical reason to have or want Frank back, but as you said, there may be a political one if he's Gores boy, but here I caution them!

If you have the kind of talent that we have, it's like a hair pin trigger! You have to be good just to not fire it when you don't want to, i.e. you have no margin for error!

That's the Pistons! In terms of coaching this team, because of the youth, inexperience, and injury, there is virtually no margin for error, even earlier in the season!

In that situation, a poor coaches errors will be magnified, and it all looks like crap. Yeah giving Frank a better team will make him look better, but it will only be because we've increased his margin for error, but that doesn't mean the coach is any better, and you certainly won't get optimum performance from that coach, so what's the point?

DX and Oracle, No one is absolving LF of blame we're just not finding him to be the only issue. You can't scream LF is totally to blame and in the same sentence suggest there's 8 glaring issues with the rosters. I don't even think any of us support that he not be fired at seasons end we just don't simply lay it all at the feet of Lil Larry.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty THANKS CHICAGO BULLS

Post  WTF Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:28 am

Was kinda getting sick and tired of the Heat Streak Daily Stories and all the non-stop talk (hype). rockon
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next