Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Murph
lemonpen
Oracle
cool breeze
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Sebastian
deusXango
Sparma
Grizz2
15 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Has Nothing To Do With Playing Out Of Position

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 am

WISEFAN wrote:Okay facepalm Brandon is not being played out of position because wasn't a PG to begin with. He was basically a undersized SG that controlled the basketball. LF dummy downed his offensive game plan and still Knight could not grasp the simple concept of running it and this is what frustrated LF and Joe.

I'm not sure what Brandon does during his extended hours of practice but it needs to be use to study film of other PG both current and present. It's obvious that this kid was never a student of the game and has gotten by on his talent alone and that simply doesn't fly in the NBA. Sooner or later the lack of fundamentals catches up with you. This is why I hate 1 year college players

I keep hearing how smart this kid is and as far as I know he could be Estein, but on the basketball court he plays like a dummy.

Wise, what you say is mostly true, but the conclusion is a bit harsh. Grizz isn't seeing the logic, but don't let that frustrate you to the point of unfair attacks on Knight.

IMO, if I was him, I'd pull a Stuckey and ask to go to the bench! He's going to struggle to learn the SG position because his whole life has been using the rhythym of having the ball, it's a tough adjustment.

The question is why let Dumars put you in this box if you want to be a PG. I'm afraid that he's too young to pull the Stuckey, and wants to please everybody and do what they want.

Your bigger point about what is he doing in the gym is a really good one. What he needs to learn most CAN'T be learned in the gym by yourself. He can work on FT's, but obviously that isn't working for him or anybody else on this team except JC.

He can't practice assists all alone, so it's really down to shooting, and it's not paying off... yet.

IMO, it's not the gym he needs to be in, but what you said... watching the best PG/SG's in the league, i.e. get your arse into the film room and stay there!

STOP immitating Stuckey! If I see him try to split 2 defenders again I'm going to scream! He's just got to get smarter, because most of his turnovers come from trying to do something that isn't there, but he keeps doing it with horrible results.

I know he has the speed to beat some people, and he needs to learn how to use angles like JC who isn't that fast, but is twice as effective!

I have to admit that I've never seen a PG at this stage make these same mistakes game after game without some adjustment(Stuckey did better under Chauncey's wing), but I'm still in the honeymoon stage, so I'm trying to give him a break!

But no Grizz, I can't sugar coat it when he does bad!

I love your passion, but you can't be so in love that you don't smell some bad stuff when it happens!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Grizz: Larry Brown was a PG

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:48 am

That's why he was hell on PG's more than anybody else.

I don't think Frank ever played, unless it was the pigmy league.

This team needs so much coaching that even LB would have a hard time.

However, LB would first focus on offensive and defensive schemes, THEN start working on the players in the skill positions.

Frank has a plan, but it's sometimes hard to detect, but I'm not totally down on him or the team.

Sparma called it a bad loss, and he's right, but I still saw enough to see that they were working hard, but this was just one of those games where nothing went right... sh#t happens!

Let's see how they respond... after all, they just beat the BEST team in basketball, so....
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Playing out of Position ... STINKS .. Prince .. Singler .. Daye .. Knight . have all been tried at SG .. And ???

Post  Grizz2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 am

Oracle wrote:That's why he was hell on PG's more than anybody else.

I don't think Frank ever played, unless it was the pigmy league.

This team needs so much coaching that even LB would have a hard time.

However, LB would first focus on offensive and defensive schemes, THEN start working on the players in the skill positions.

Frank has a plan, but it's sometimes hard to detect, but I'm not totally down on him or the team.

Sparma called it a bad loss, and he's right, but I still saw enough to see that they were working hard, but this was just one of those games where nothing went right... sh#t happens!

Let's see how they respond... after all, they just beat the BEST team in basketball, so....

Agree Oracle.. Lets give Frank and the team more time .. I watched the post game video . and .. I felt sorry for him .. he cares about what he is doing .. Monty has something going there in New Orleans .. The Wizards are also playing well for a team with a bad record .. This will be an interesting game ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Spurs offer Pistons D.Blair

Post  Go Stones! Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:07 am

What do you think they want in return? I'm thinking Bynum, since Parker just went down.

Blair seems to be damaged goods. Another Maxiel (short, but long arms) with bad knees. Didn't I hear that he had like NO cushion in his knees?
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty I Don't Mean To Be Too Harsh

Post  WTF Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 am

Like Frank, Brown also Dummy Downed his offensive and defensive game plan. It was a simple half court offensive scheme running Rip off a series of screens. The defense wasn't complexed it was a simple tightly played man to man with great rotation. The whole premise of Brown plan was to slow tempo but, Brown had the personel to do this and I wouldn't call any of them Estein off the court "However" on the court they were the most cerebral thinking high BB IQ team in a long while.

Coaching does matter in a players developement, just not at the pro level. All Knight coaching should have come in H.S. and college. Frank can't redefine Knight fundamentals if Knight never had any, but I would bet a dollar that Frank told him to slow down and keep his head up 2 simple fundamentals of being a PG on any level of the game. I'm not saying this just about Knight but with all players like him (Irving) as well. I keep saying the difference is Kyrie's an All-Star and Brandon's not and bring up their match ups as some kind of measurement is insane. Boobie was no Billups and yet Boobie whipped Billups ass more times than not, but Billups was an All Star and Boobie wasn't. Even Zeke had issues with certain players.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty NOLA Game

Post  lemonpen Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 am

I want my cable fee back. That was crappy basketball in 1080i. Laurel & Hardy could not have scripted a more comedic version of Piston play. I could only watch in astonishment at how we botched fast breaks, defensive assignments, easy rebounds, simple catches, and on, and on, and on. That may have been the worst performance I've seen in five years.

Seriously, I want my cable fee back. mad
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Piston players were tired from so many games in a short period of time which is another reason why the NBA has problems keeping fans. But Frank had no game plan or did he make adjustments

Post  cool breeze Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 am

Detroit started out great but crashed like they had all been out to an all night party the night before. How many times did we see Piston players out of position on defense and then make the junior high mistake of running out to a shooter and coming to a jump stop instead of keeping the feet moving. The opposing player has an easy time of it going around you if you make a jump stop. Is that what Frank is teaching his players in training camp. Then coming to a jump stop while jumping to the court side instead of the baseline side is even more foolish and that is what I saw Stuckey and Bynum do several times in that game. Then there was no adjustment on Lopez who is not known as a great passer. No double team on Lopez and the Pistons had nobody who could match up on their big center. Of course Frank did have the second biggest player on the team available in Kravtsov but somehow with a blowout loss obvious, Frank forgot to play him. We can fault the players for playing dumb but coach Frank did nothing to try to improve their performance. How about a zone for a possession or two? No I could see that Frank was not coaching. He was an angry spectator. Is that what Joe Dumars likes in a coach? Other than that, the opposing team played a smart game last night. When times are not going good for a team, the coach needs to be thinking and not just watching like a fan. You could see clearly that the Piston team had no confidence in the coaches game plan.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Lemonpen LOL!

Post  WTF Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:58 pm

lemonpen wrote:I want my cable fee back. That was crappy basketball in 1080i. Laurel & Hardy could not have scripted a more comedic version of Piston play. I could only watch in astonishment at how we botched fast breaks, defensive assignments, easy rebounds, simple catches, and on, and on, and on. That may have been the worst performance I've seen in five years.

Normally we might have one player stinking it up, but it was everyone all at once looking like Keystone Cops out there last night. Perhap is was a case of being tired because Frank has stayed 8 deep in his rotation the past few games. I don't think it was a lack of effort though
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Lemonpen LOL!

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:43 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:I want my cable fee back. That was crappy basketball in 1080i. Laurel & Hardy could not have scripted a more comedic version of Piston play. I could only watch in astonishment at how we botched fast breaks, defensive assignments, easy rebounds, simple catches, and on, and on, and on. That may have been the worst performance I've seen in five years.

Normally we might have one player stinking it up, but it was everyone all at once looking like Keystone Cops out there last night. Perhap is was a case of being tired because Frank has stayed 8 deep in his rotation the past few games. I don't think it was a lack of effort though

Wise, I agree, it wasn't lack of effort at all, they played hard, but the Hornets played harder defensively, and took it to them.

I think they saw an easy win in the schedule and never recovered when the going got tough.

This was just one of those games you can't explain no matter how hard you try, the Hornets had it, and we didn't!

I don't expect to see this level of frustration any time soon!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

You are right Wisefan. Everyone appeared to be playing hard. They were not playing smart basketball. And the opposing team would have beaten almost any team last night. They played great team defense and moved the ball to the open man very well. And almost all of their long range shots were falling. My worry from that game was the problems our Pistons had inside the paint. The coaching staff made no changes in the defense at halftime. Nobody could match up with Lopez. No double teams were attempted as well. Maxiell again only got two rebounds for the entire game. Was there anyone that Maxiell could guard on the opposing team last night? It is crazy that the Hornets have such a bad win - loss record considering the way they played that game. Even if Frank hates our Russian player, there is no excuse for not playing him in the last 5 minutes.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Interesting question

Post  Grizz2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Go Stones! wrote:What do you think they want in return? I'm thinking Bynum, since Parker just went down.

Blair seems to be damaged goods. Another Maxiel (short, but long arms) with bad knees. Didn't I hear that he had like NO cushion in his knees?

Stones .. intriguing question ... especially since Blair could have been drafted here instead of Daye .. For the first 2 years of their NBA careers .. Blair seemed like the better pick .. Now Daye seems higher in value .. Chris Sheridan reported that the Spurs made an offer to the Pistons but Joe D turned them down . Knowing the Spurs .. it must have been a pretty rotten offer .. Good on Joe Dumars ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty It is all good ..

Post  Grizz2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Like Frank, Brown also Dummy Downed his offensive and defensive game plan. It was a simple half court offensive scheme running Rip off a series of screens. The defense wasn't complexed it was a simple tightly played man to man with great rotation. The whole premise of Brown plan was to slow tempo but, Brown had the personel to do this and I wouldn't call any of them Estein off the court "However" on the court they were the most cerebral thinking high BB IQ team in a long while.

Coaching does matter in a players developement, just not at the pro level. All Knight coaching should have come in H.S. and college. Frank can't redefine Knight fundamentals if Knight never had any, but I would bet a dollar that Frank told him to slow down and keep his head up 2 simple fundamentals of being a PG on any level of the game. I'm not saying this just about Knight but with all players like him (Irving) as well. I keep saying the difference is Kyrie's an All-Star and Brandon's not and bring up their match ups as some kind of measurement is insane. Boobie was no Billups and yet Boobie whipped Billups ass more times than not, but Billups was an All Star and Boobie wasn't. Even Zeke had issues with certain players.

Wise .. I think it is OK to be harsh .. No worries .... Absolutely I have been that many times .. But what I realize now is we also have to make some positive posts .. and be conciliatory towards each other too .. The truth should stand up and be more clear in a heated debate .. Maybe it is more interesting ..

Even if we are at the opposite ends of the spectrum on this .. Both of us make some sense in our insanity ..

Back to debate .. It is NOT insane to point out that Brandon has had some awesome games at PG .. It is the truth .. The question is .. Why not more often? Is it because he is still young and learning the ropes, mentally or whatever? Or is it because Frank doesnt know what to say? What buttons to push? Burdening him with stupid advice? Setting up offenses that are doomed to fail strategy-wise? Some or all of these are true .. IMO ..

From my perspective, Knight is doing what Stuckey did .. Try to be the next Dwayne Wade (Yuck!)

I dont think Knight or Stuckey have been given nearly enough good mentoring nor bitching outs.

Look .. so lets say BK7 starts shooting like AI .. and going 1 on 1 against the entire opposing team ... losing the ball .. turn overs .. wild shots .. What should the head coach do?

Do you set him down on the bench and give him an earful? YES
Do you kick his butt in practice till he gets it right? YES

Is this even happening with Frank? Not really ..

Therefore it is Frank's fault ..

The only reason Frank takes Knight out is if he doesnt score, not whether he is playing PG / SG the right way.

Frank uses the bench a lot as punishment .. but there doesnt seem to be much of a connection between our players screwing up and Frank's teaching how to do something... how to correct it ..

IMO .. It is bull to say NBA head coaches cannot teach fundamentals. Only loser head coaches dont do that. Which is what we have had in the last 3 head coaches. LOSERS.

What do you think teams do in practice? Play bridge .. or work on NBA skills? The results show us how well Frank is doing in that department ..

In the end, this is Frank's team .. the buck stops with him ..

I was happy after the latest demolition .. to hear Frank say it was his fault .. I think that was the first time I ever heard that from him .. not his strategy and play calling (which IS also the problem) .. but his leadership to motivate .. So maybe there is some hope for Frank .. you cannot move onward unless you admit you are at fault too ..

I see a talented young guard in Knight .. one who is working hard .. and while he has occassionally brilliant performances .. too often he looks lost .. because he is ..

If Frank was a great coach .. had ever done anything .. you could give him the benefit of doubt and blame Knight more perhaps ..

It is Frank's system .. where the opposition puts us at a disadvantage .. and it is Frank not teaching and insisting players get it right ..

WHY THE HELL HAVE A HEAD COACH IF THEY CANNOT IMPROVE PLAYERS?

I am not saying Frank does not do some good teaching .. and HE IS improving .. but clearly .. he needs to upgrade what he is coaching as much as Knight or more ..

Frank and Knight both deserve more time .. Knight at SG is a bad move .. though if they pull it off .. will be glad .. We dont really have a SG now .. Where are Rip and Ben Gordon when you pay other teams to take them off your hand? English should get more looks at SG before Knight does .. Knight to bench as back up PG to fight it out with Bynum .. Best man wins ..

Last edited by Grizz2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty After last night's ball game I am on the bandwagon for the Pistons to sign Josh Smith

Post  cool breeze Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 pm

dX has been saying it for a long time and I was not a believer especially if the reason for Josh playing for the Pistons was to occupy the small forward position. However, if he was our power forward/center this Piston team could roll. Last night it was clear that the combinations of big men used by Frank will never work well or scare any opponent. Sure the opposing team last night hit on all cylinders at every position but what got Detroit in trouble was not being able to protect the paint on defense. What is wrong with having three good big men in Monroe, Smith and Drummond? There is no denying the fact that you win with your big men. For a long time our Pistons have had a weak front court. Even with Monroe's great scoring games and Drummond playing way above expectations, they are not good enough to get the job done on defense. Drummond, in my opinion, will be a work in progress for at least two more seasons. What if we had 3 great big men on this team? Who can compete with that? Sign Jose and develop all the young talent already on this club and Detroit will be among the best teams in the NBA next season with Smith. If Dumars signs Maxiell to another contract and doesn't play Kravtsov, we will see more of the same with combinations of Maxiell-Monroe and Charlie V-Monroe. Those two combinations will not work ever because they are all have issues with speed and defensive IQ. Maxiell would be great if he were taller and could consistantly hit that 8 foot shot. Last night the other team was giving up that shot. What if Smith had that shot? I have been the most negative person on this forum regarding the idea of pushing for Smith in the off season. This addition could clearly change this club into an instant winner.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty ABSOLUTELY DON

Post  Grizz2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:01 pm

cool breeze wrote:dX has been saying it for a long time and I was not a believer especially if the reason for Josh playing for the Pistons was to occupy the small forward position. However, if he was our power forward/center this Piston team could roll. Last night it was clear that the combinations of big men used by Frank will never work well or scare any opponent. Sure the opposing team last night hit on all cylinders at every position but what got Detroit in trouble was not being able to protect the paint on defense. What is wrong with having three good big men in Monroe, Smith and Drummond? There is no denying the fact that you win with your big men. For a long time our Pistons have had a weak front court. Even with Monroe's great scoring games and Drummond playing way above expectations, they are not good enough to get the job done on defense. Drummond, in my opinion, will be a work in progress for at least two more seasons. What if we had 3 great big men on this team? Who can compete with that? Sign Jose and develop all the young talent already on this club and Detroit will be among the best teams in the NBA next season with Smith. If Dumars signs Maxiell to another contract and doesn't play Kravtsov, we will see more of the same with combinations of Maxiell-Monroe and Charlie V-Monroe. Those two combinations will not work ever because they are all have issues with speed and defensive IQ. Maxiell would be great if he were taller and could consistantly hit that 8 foot shot. Last night the other team was giving up that shot. What if Smith had that shot? I have been the most negative person on this forum regarding the idea of pushing for Smith in the off season. This addition could clearly change this club into an instant winner.

Very true Cool Breeze .. The other option is develop Kravtsov who Frank has started to give some playing time to .. I think probably he has what it takes .. but but but .. I fear no NBA head coach can teach him fundamentals .. (Sigh .. )

Josh Smith .. Like Cynic and DX have suggested .. or .. Cousins .. as Oracle first pointed out .. would help us a hell of a lot in terms of not getting bullied around ..

Really you need 3 good bigs .. just like you need 3 good guards .. (1 a pg) .. .

A big step towards contending if we could get either of those 2 PFs ...

Hard to do ... but ... we have to develop another big or steal one .. Jmax is not that .. as big as his heart is ..

PS to Cynic .. You are right to say that learning fundamentals .. the earlier the better ..

If you didnt get those in college or HS .. harder to develop in the NBA .. Yet when you get an international player or a 1 year college player or a high school player .. What other choice is there but to go over the fundamentals and skills needed for their position? You drafted him .. you better have a strong plan (and a strong head coach) to make sure that happens ... Players in those categories have succeeded .. but for sure ... acknowledging they have failed at least half the time ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:23 am

cool breeze wrote:dX has been saying it for a long time and I was not a believer especially if the reason for Josh playing for the Pistons was to occupy the small forward position. However, if he was our power forward/center this Piston team could roll. Last night it was clear that the combinations of big men used by Frank will never work well or scare any opponent. Sure the opposing team last night hit on all cylinders at every position but what got Detroit in trouble was not being able to protect the paint on defense. What is wrong with having three good big men in Monroe, Smith and Drummond? There is no denying the fact that you win with your big men. For a long time our Pistons have had a weak front court. Even with Monroe's great scoring games and Drummond playing way above expectations, they are not good enough to get the job done on defense. Drummond, in my opinion, will be a work in progress for at least two more seasons. What if we had 3 great big men on this team? Who can compete with that? Sign Jose and develop all the young talent already on this club and Detroit will be among the best teams in the NBA next season with Smith. If Dumars signs Maxiell to another contract and doesn't play Kravtsov, we will see more of the same with combinations of Maxiell-Monroe and Charlie V-Monroe. Those two combinations will not work ever because they are all have issues with speed and defensive IQ. Maxiell would be great if he were taller and could consistantly hit that 8 foot shot. Last night the other team was giving up that shot. What if Smith had that shot? I have been the most negative person on this forum regarding the idea of pushing for Smith in the off season. This addition could clearly change this club into an instant winner.

Absolutely fantastic post!!!

DX and others have converted me as well, I wasn't against Smith totally, but I wasn't as hot for it as I am now!

Drummond won't be threatened at all, but Monroe will get even better with the competition.

BTW, Slava has shown me, in limited minutes, more than Darko did the whole time he was here!

Slava will be a valued big off the bench capable of giving you 10-15+ minutes off the bench. He's an awesome find by Joe and his staff, and a keeper!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Grizz

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 am

You said,

"Back to debate .. It is NOT insane to point out that Brandon has had some awesome games at PG .. It is the truth .. The question is .. Why not more often? Is it because he is still young and learning the ropes, mentally or whatever? Or is it because Frank doesnt know what to say? What buttons to push? Burdening him with stupid advice? Setting up offenses that are doomed to fail strategy-wise? Some or all of these are true .. IMO .. " - Grizz

That's Knight's main problem, he's young!

We have to expect that he's going to take some time to grow, that's why I really do want to sit him down for a good long time so that he can gain a better perspective, it will do him a lot of good!

Every time he starts making those dumb plays, Frank should sit him, LB would NEVER accept that level of play from his PG! Frank wants to sit him as well, but he can't because Joe wants to give Knight as much PT as he can.

I think he should sit, but then again, Joe WAS a great guard in the NBA, so I'll defer to his judgement.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Angry Bird?

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:21 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Yup, looks like a criminal type to me, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Still dont want him playing SG ... scared he'll end up like Stuckey .. who should have done nothing but practice as a SG .. so he could have had a good outside shot by now ..

Post  Grizz2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 am

Oracle wrote:You said,

"Back to debate .. It is NOT insane to point out that Brandon has had some awesome games at PG .. It is the truth .. The question is .. Why not more often? Is it because he is still young and learning the ropes, mentally or whatever? Or is it because Frank doesnt know what to say? What buttons to push? Burdening him with stupid advice? Setting up offenses that are doomed to fail strategy-wise? Some or all of these are true .. IMO .. " - Grizz

That's Knight's main problem, he's young!

We have to expect that he's going to take some time to grow, that's why I really do want to sit him down for a good long time so that he can gain a better perspective, it will do him a lot of good!

Every time he starts making those dumb plays, Frank should sit him, LB would NEVER accept that level of play from his PG! Frank wants to sit him as well, but he can't because Joe wants to give Knight as much PT as he can.

I think he should sit, but then again, Joe WAS a great guard in the NBA, so I'll defer to his judgement.

Oracle...

I am the biggest Knight fan around .. but I agree ... sit him down (for a few minutes and / or entire games) and guide him to see how other PGs (ours and theirs) are running the offense .. meeting with coaches to figure out clearly the nuts and bolts however many times it takes ... practicing those things in practice .. and (the trickiest part) doing the right things consistently in games ..

and we are talking about being a PG .. not a SG ..

It is on Frank to force this to happen regardless of what the GM wants .. or he is the wrong man for the job and should be fired if that is the case ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty HELLO GANG, I'M BACK!

Post  deusXango Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Having been out on the road (having a wonderful time, by the way), I've missed some revealing Pistons play, obviously, and have enjoyed catching up with the "forum faithfuls" astute comments. The Pistons beat up on the Spurs "clean up crew" only to turn around and have the Hornets hand them their heads; my main man Andre Drummond is hurt more than first feared (I'm heart broken over that turn of events), and Jose Calderon is playing like a man possessed...another reason for firing Joe is if this man is not re-signed! Rodney Stuckey continues to disappoint with his mediocre play but, many feel there's a place on this team for him (he's somehow invaluable in their minds with his low bball I.Q., ball hogging tendencies, and diva like attitude), and the Russian, Slava Kravtsov, is beginning to turn heads with his size and athletic play...why did he sit sooo long again? We continue to have SG problems, and Kim English continues sitting with Khris Middleton who our coach doesn't seem to find any redeeming qualities to their games, and we all know that size (or lack of) is a non-factor with this guy.

Am I the only one to notice that Jason Maxiell has never found himself in Lil' Larry's doghouse, or under the bus? Why isn't this guy representing the Pistons in the All-Star game? A week and a day away from the trade deadline, and realistic talk is beginning to float around regarding our needs. I hope that realistic thoughts are floating around in Joe Dumars head, and that he's willing to bite the bullet, if neccessary, to make the trade(s) that'll put us back into true contention.

Question: can we trade this years first round draft pick twice? If we can, shouldn't we? The way we're playing, we're headed to another distant lottery pick, albeit protected, and it could have some trade value to a team like Portland (the Bobcats shouldn't have anything to say about it, right Mr. Stern?) A lottery pick, Greg Monroe, and Maxiell's expiring contract should make Portland's GM stop laughing, and begin talking with Joe about LaMarcus Aldridge. With Aldridge and Drummond here, why wouldn't Josh Smith consider signing here as a FA? Bite the damn bullet Joe! Stuckey, Jerebko, and Bynum can certainly bring Detroit a better lottery pick than we'd have on our own, plus a real good role player, or starting SG. Joe's got a week and a day to work on it. Whatever he does, let's hope that he doesn't shot hisself in the foot again.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Can WE trade OUR 2013 1st Round Draft Pick?

Post  Sebastian Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm

deusXango wrote:Having been out on the road (having a wonderful time, by the way), I've missed some revealing Pistons play, obviously, and have enjoyed catching up with the "forum faithfuls" astute comments. The Pistons beat up on the Spurs "clean up crew" only to turn around and have the Hornets hand them their heads; my main man Andre Drummond is hurt more than first feared (I'm heart broken over that turn of events), and Jose Calderon is playing like a man possessed...another reason for firing Joe is if this man is not re-signed! Rodney Stuckey continues to disappoint with his mediocre play but, many feel there's a place on this team for him (he's somehow invaluable in their minds with his low bball I.Q., ball hogging tendencies, and diva like attitude), and the Russian, Slava Kravtsov, is beginning to turn heads with his size and athletic play...why did he sit sooo long again? We continue to have SG problems, and Kim English continues sitting with Khris Middleton who our coach doesn't seem to find any redeeming qualities to their games, and we all know that size (or lack of) is a non-factor with this guy.

Am I the only one to notice that Jason Maxiell has never found himself in Lil' Larry's doghouse, or under the bus? Why isn't this guy representing the Pistons in the All-Star game? A week and a day away from the trade deadline, and realistic talk is beginning to float around regarding our needs. I hope that realistic thoughts are floating around in Joe Dumars head, and that he's willing to bite the bullet, if neccessary, to make the trade(s) that'll put us back into true contention.

Question: can we trade this years first round draft pick twice? If we can, shouldn't we? The way we're playing, we're headed to another distant lottery pick, albeit protected, and it could have some trade value to a team like Portland (the Bobcats shouldn't have anything to say about it, right Mr. Stern?) A lottery pick, Greg Monroe, and Maxiell's expiring contract should make Portland's GM stop laughing, and begin talking with Joe about LaMarcus Aldridge. With Aldridge and Drummond here, why wouldn't Josh Smith consider signing here as a FA? Bite the damn bullet Joe! Stuckey, Jerebko, and Bynum can certainly bring Detroit a better lottery pick than we'd have on our own, plus a real good role player, or starting SG. Joe's got a week and a day to work on it. Whatever he does, let's hope that he doesn't shot hisself in the foot again.

DX, glad to have you back. I think that the 2013 1st Round Pick can be traded, but not until WE have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, which wouldn't be determined until well after the Trade Deadline.

So, WE can trade it, but not until Draft night.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Interesting comment...

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm

From the article on the side "Kyle Singler must slow small forwards by keeping them moving",

"Singler is the Brandon Knight of the SG-SF position, not skilled enough for one and physically over-matched at the other. Because of this both are doomed to a career of mediocrity." - Sloppy Joe

I think he's wrong about Knight in that he can get skilled enough to play the PG position, but Singler is absolutely a backup for any position, even though he plays the right way most of the time.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with being a top contributor from the bench!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty THE ANSWER MAN STRIKES AGAIN

Post  deusXango Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:54 pm

"I think that the 2013 1st Round Pick can be traded, but not until WE have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, which wouldn't be determined until well after the Trade Deadline.

So, WE can trade it, but not until Draft night."
-Sebastian

Thanks for the kind words Sebastian, and most importantly, the information regarding our protected first round pick; everything you said makes a ton of sense to me, and it's mind boggling that Dumars will have that much flexability (CAP space, trade pieces, and a lottery pick) to make a deal. So between the trade deadline and draft night, there's no sane reason for Joe not making a significant move or two.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Turkoglu suspended for 20 games!

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Bynum to Drummond Lob...

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Oops, that's Slava impersonating Drummond!!!

Will Bynum drops the LOB Dime on Slava... a sweet play!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Bynum giveth...

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:34 pm

And he taketh away!

DUMB shot before anyone else touches the ball, and the Wiz score 6 straight!

When will Will learn that every posession in the 4th of a close game is important?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next