Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Memphis 98 Detroit 81: The Good, Bad & the Ugly

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:59 pm

The Good:Maxi-Pads still Sucks! The Bad: Yes we still are! The Ugly: Joe Jelly-Filled Dumars is still running the show, still lying to those who'll listen & still wouldn't take Thomas or Laimbeer on his team, what a shame Lame-Brain. Wonder what the real story on those three are. 3-13 Record, what'd Macklin get tonight 34 seconds? Rebuilding my azz, how about Stinking' Up the Joint? Hey Gores, what's next? The Blues Brothers?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Game

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Yeah, there was some sucking going on, but I'm looking at the bright spots.

Kinght scored 22pts with 4 assists!

Folks, those aren't rookie guard numbers!

I can't wait to see this kid with 2 years under his belt and 10 more pounds!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Austin Button

Post  Flip Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:41 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Flip, Flip, Flip

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Now I'll NEVER get any sleep tonight!!!

Please let me know when that Horror film hits DVD!

Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Oracle wrote:Now I'll NEVER get any sleep tonight!!!

Please let me know when that Horror film hits DVD!

hehe

Should be on DVD soon if it fails at the box office as much as Daye fails on the court, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Joe was a great GM

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 am

Oracle wrote:Travel back to 2004! Joe hand picked ALL of the quality pieces except for one, Sheed, and he got the ONE coach that Sheed cold respect on day one!

Let's see, he hand picked Chauncey, RIP, Prince, Memo, Corlis, Atkins, Ben Wallace, and more!

How in the world can you call that pure Luck?

Was he lucky? Yes!

But was there a plan that was executed almost flawlessy? Pretty close!

Give Joe his due for that, you still have more than enough to complain about.

sigh .. WAS .. I still guess that success spoiled him and went blind, fat, and lazy somewhere along the line .. It is tragic . and I mean that .. tragic .. for him and for Piston fans ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Damn that's funny !

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 am

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty To Russia with Love

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Sure Russian vodka and prostitutes give you quite a bang for your buck .. But the STDs and DTs ... really mess with your metabolism .. Austin Daye knows this now better than anyone ...

Seriously .. We we can all think of better draft picks than Daye .. but he does have talent .. Reminds me of Darko going off the deep end .. He needs a great coach right now to get him back in a tough game mindset ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Keith Languois Propaganda Machine .. 24 / 7 .. Exhibit #2345 .. 1 Mailbag question

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:49 am

John (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.): The Pistons really do look like they’re going in the right direction. But with wins hard to come by and attendance below expectations, do you think ownership will continue to be patient with the Pistons’ front office and the process? I’d hate to see new leadership and a Knicks-Stephon Marbury type of trade just to generate fan interest. mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Flip Now You Have To Do Austin Powers

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:09 am

Grizz wrote:
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Flip

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 am

I also would like to see Vince Ellis head on Baby Godzilla
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Wise: Give Joe Credit!!!

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am

Oracle wrote:Travel back to 2004! Joe hand picked ALL of the quality pieces except for one, Sheed, and he got the ONE coach that Sheed cold respect on day one!

Let's see, he hand picked Chauncey, RIP, Prince, Memo, Corlis, Atkins, Ben Wallace, and more!

How in the world can you call that pure Luck?

Was he lucky? Yes!

But was there a plan that was executed almost flawlessy? Pretty close!

Give Joe his due for that, you still have more than enough to complain about.

Okay Joe gets half a credit
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 am

WISEFAN wrote:I also would like to see Vince Ellis head on Baby Godzilla

lol
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Are these guys really Hurt?

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:43 am

Stuckey .. Bynum . Charlie V??? I take this back mostly because of the short training camp .. Yet ..There just seems something strange about their injuries where .. I dont know .. does seem like a lot of games where players are allowed to take games off for personal reasons .. and just wonder what is going on ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Seen A Good Game Lately?

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:09 am

After watching the Pistons and Grizzlies games I decided to watch some real basketball and tuned in to the Clippers-Wolves game to watch 2 former Pistons play and low and behold there was Darko working out Griffin and Jordan for 22pt 7reb 2ast and 3 blocks. I was like damn I wish Darko was still on our team facepalm

Then there was Big Shot Billups of course hitting his normal big shot no need to go into how that made me feel. Tsk Tsk Tsk and yet another face palm facepalm

Sorry Murph but watching the Wolves play last night just solidify my assertion of why keeping our 1st round pick is so important. I watched those young guy compete and scrape with the Clips and walked away with a victory and I wanted the same for our team. I watched a young Rubio take control of the game and the 4th and then hit a 3 like his name was Mr, Big Shot and upset a heavily favored Clippers team. Knight maybe a talent but he can every take control of a games and play with the confidence of Rubio he might be special, Rubio seem special. facepalm

A friend said to me the other day that he just can't understand how Love get so many rebounds. Listening to Love talk about that very subject on ESPN explained it all because he sounded exactly like Laimbeer in explaining it. In fact he's just happen to be a more athletic version of Bill. Its too bad that there wasn't a spot of Frank staff for Bill. facepalm

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Wise

Post  FlyDog Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:24 am

That's funny, I was just talking to my dad yesterday, and we agreed that Love reminds us of a more athletic Bill Laimbeer.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Fly

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 am

FlyDog wrote:That's funny, I was just talking to my dad yesterday, and we agreed that Love reminds us of a more athletic Bill Laimbeer.

Even that game winning 3 Love hit last night reminded me Bill, Memphis better hurry up and get this kid locked up for the next 5-6 season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Are these guys really Hurt?

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 am

Grizz wrote:Stuckey .. Bynum . Charlie V??? I take this back mostly because of the short training camp .. Yet ..There just seems something strange about their injuries where .. I dont know .. does seem like a lot of games where players are allowed to take games off for personal reasons .. and just wonder what is going on ..

I don't know Grizz I think might have something in the works rather it's good or no who know's. I don't see Stuckey being moved, but Charlie and Bynum perhaps. Just doesn't seem like Joe can move CV without playing him so maybe CV injury is legit.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty I Got An Owie, You Fools

Post  FlyDog Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:43 am

Tweet tweet guys and gal! It meeeeeeee..........Mr. Charlieeeeeeee Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv! Look here, baby, I hurted my ankle by doin' horseplay in the showers with Austin and Romney. We soaped up the floor and was playin slip an slide and I turnded my ankle when I hit a dry patch. Romney tried to help me up and pullded his groin. You write about lilWill though, he fakin it.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:07 am

It me again. I forgot to tell you that Artie Cannedher have been rubbing olive oil and tree bark on my ankle for 3 weeks now. He say that the swelling should go down any day now and coach frank will put me in the game so we can start winning again!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:31 am

Also wanted to say that Im Excited about T-Pain playin at the palace! Finally, somebody who has songs that aint 30 years old! I think Ill be red e 2 play by then.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Memphis game

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Memphis game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Coach Frank: Oh, the humanity!

Biff Burns: The last two games there have been lots of turnovers.
Frank: We have had more turnovers than Tim Horton’s and Dunkin Donuts combined. As a matter of fact the first thousand fans to Saturday’s game receive a free apple turnover and a small carton of TruMoo milk.

Biff Burns: You lost to Houston by 17 points and tonight by 17 points.
Frank: Yes, as Yogi Berra once said, “It was déjà vu all over again.”

Biff Burns: The theme for the game was the Super 1970’s. Instead of giving away t-shirts after the Pistons scored a three-pointer, ushers dressed in shark outfits like Jaws passed out mood rings and pet rocks.

The 1970’s theme was a little over the top for some fans. The TV show “The Gong Show” was reenacted during the game. Every time Frank changed players he struck a large gong next to the Pistons’ bench. He appeared to strike the gong harder when a player committed a turnover or missed an easy shot.

The half time show was fun as Tom Gores and Joe Dumars dressed like Elton John and Kiki Dee and lip synched “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.”

Two guests from the Gong Show also performed. Gene Gene The Dancing Machine made the crowd go wild. The Unknown Comic also did his stand-up routine with a bag over his head. He then passed out bags to the fans as they eagerly put them on their heads and wore them for the entire second half of the game.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Fennis

Post  FlyDog Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:10 pm

I look forward to "The Real Notes and Quotes" after every game. Today's didn't disappoint.;-)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Memphis game

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Biff Burns for the "Golden Pen" award! clap
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Brandon Knight and the Greg and George show

Post  cool breeze Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 pm

It was amazing to me that the play of the night for the Pistons was determined to be Maxiell's rebound dunk. This decision was made after I watched Brandon Knight put the team on his shoulders when they were floundering during the second half. It was Brandon staying in Conley's jock on defense. It was Brandon driving to the basket on three straight possessions getting knocked to the ground and going through three to four players. Knight was playing with the same will of Zeke in the old days. Then the refs made a bad call when Conley drove his left shoulder into knight when he was entering the lane with the basketball knocking Knight to the floor. The refs made no call and Conley went the length of the floor for a layup. The fire in the eyes of Knight was electrifying and he got Jerebco and Monroe excited for a few minutes about the game of basketball. You have to play with emotion to make an impact. Somehow, Gordon and Stuckey refuse to play that way. But all through that exciting part of the game during a timeout Kelser says to George, " What do you think has brought about this change by the Pistons". Never did either mention the play of Knight. Incredible and then they pick Maxiell's dunk at the key play of the game for the Pistons. The Piston players with the exception of Knight did not play hard enough or want it enough to stay with their opponent. Where is Joe Dumars? Why isn't he having a heart to heart talk with Stuckey and Gordon telling them, why do you not play like Knight? Gordon makes the most money. Kobe plays with more emotion and energy than any other Laker. He makes the most bread on that team. How can you as a player get away with standing around on many possessions on offense while playing with no energy or emotion on defense if you are Ben Gordon? This guy needs to be singled out by the Palace fans and put in his place. We all need to let him know that we know what he is all about. Preservation over achievement is the agenda of both Stuckey and Gordon. The players making the most money need to show the fans that they are giving the best effort and we need to see that they really care about the Detroit Pistons. This is a joke. Gordon should be making the minimum.

One final observation from last nights game is that Macklin played well during the few minutes that he got at the end of the game. He made several quality passes and did not turn the ball over. He positioned himself well on defense. This guy is a good as the big guys who are currently getting the playing time. I am not impressed with Monroe over the past 4 ball games. He is not strong enough and does not have enough stamina to compete with the other bigs when it counts. We need to see steady improvement and Monroe has taken several steps back and the coach needs to let him know that is not acceptable. Detroit needs to play a up tempo game with a lot of movement on offense like they did against Golden State. Even though they lost that game, the players looked sharp. The shots just didn't fall. Instead, after that game, Detroit is slowing things down and trying to run a slow down half court offense. Last night, Knight was trying to speed up the game but the others were not on his page. Knight will take control of this team eventually and he will be a leader much like Isiah Thomas. Notice how many times Knight took hard falls getting his butt knocked to the floor. Many times he didn't get a break from the refs but never lost his cool and acted like Daye who is taking over from Hamilton in the bitching department. Way to go Brandon Knight!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next